PDA

View Full Version : Thugs in the NBA

CityofTreez
05-14-2009, 03:17 PM
Thank you Mark Cuban for never stop looking like a douche-bag on national television threatening player's mothers after playoff losses. The Nuggets have a "Thuggery" image, I won't disagree, but they are nothing like the past teams that played in the NBA.

What teams brandished this label w/ their image & play?

1998-2001 Sacramento Kings were some of the nastiest & ugliest players in the NBA. Doug Christie kocked R.Fox in Staple Center. Tony Masenburg/Jim Jackson/Jason Williams/keon Clark/Chris Webber/Bobby Jackson-we all remeber Bjax dipping T-Mac in Orlando.

I know I'm missing a few, like the Portland Jailblazers, but help me out here?

Joshtd1
05-14-2009, 03:25 PM
Bad Boy Pistons..

what54!?
05-14-2009, 03:29 PM
the 90's knicks where pretty tough

fredv
05-14-2009, 03:44 PM
Portland.

superkegger
05-14-2009, 03:46 PM
I don't precisely remember the years, but that pacers team with tinsley, sjax, artest and JO was prettly thugly.

TheDiggler
05-14-2009, 03:46 PM
Vernon Maxwell and Xavier McDaniels come to my mind ... and I would never call the recent Nuggets thugs or thuggerish. Take their tattoos away and they are and look like any other team.

Becks2307
05-14-2009, 03:47 PM
sheed

joeboow90
05-14-2009, 03:50 PM
05 pacers..qb's finest Ron artest, stephen jackson, jermaine oneal n others...

the late 90s knicks wit Oakley n all them

BRADY4MVP
05-14-2009, 03:56 PM
05 pacers..qb's finest Ron artest, stephen jackson, jermaine oneal n others...

the late 90s knicks wit Oakley n all them

great call with oakley

Becks2307
05-14-2009, 03:57 PM
kobe = suburban thug

DerekRE_3
05-14-2009, 04:01 PM
Thank you Mark Cuban for never stop looking like a douche-bag on national television threatening player's mothers after playoff losses. The Nuggets have a "Thuggery" image, I won't disagree, but they are nothing like the past teams that played in the NBA.

1998-2001 Sacramento Kings were some of the nastiest & ugliest players in the NBA. Doug Christie kocked R.Fox in Staple Center. Tony Masenburg/Jim Jackson/Jason Williams/keon Clark/Chris Webber/Bobby Jackson-we all remeber Bjax dipping T-Mac in Orlando.

Hahaha out of all the teams to call Thugs you have the Kings? Hilarious. T-Mac started it with Bobby, he threw the ball at him. Bobby took him down.The Doug Christie/Fox thing was just a result of a heated rivarly, Doug has done nothing in his career, on or off the court besides that. Chris Webber had a rough start to his career, but he wasn't a "thug" in Sacramento. Love how you leave out Vlade Divac, one of the nicest and humble players to ever play. There isn't one person who doesn't love Vlade. Lawrence Funderburke: the defintion of clean cut.

DabullsDabearsD
05-14-2009, 04:02 PM

If you seen the replay when Cuban said that to Martins Mom, you can see that his Mom stares at Cuban with a sh it as s grin on her face. Im sure in the heat of the moment I would have said alot worse, but Im a sore loser and a bad sport.:D

Sixerlover
05-14-2009, 04:02 PM
The Pacers during the Artest, SJax, O'Neal, Tinsley days. Just wikipedia Stephen Jackson's track record

what54!?
05-14-2009, 04:04 PM
Hahaha out of all the teams to call Thugs you have the Kings? Hilarious. T-Mac started it with Bobby, he threw the ball at him. Bobby took him down.The Doug Christie/Fox thing was just a result of a heated rivarly, Doug has done nothing in his career, on or off the court besides that. Chris Webber had a rough start to his career, but he wasn't a "thug" in Sacramento. Love how you leave out Vlade Divac, one of the nicest and humble players to ever play. There isn't one person who doesn't love Vlade. Lawrence Funderburke: the defintion of clean cut.He damn sure wasn't a thug. The greatest flopper in the history of the leauge

DabullsDabearsD
05-14-2009, 04:06 PM
After watching the Bulls/Celtics series I would have to say Boston has a team full of thugs.

CaptainJack1
05-14-2009, 04:27 PM
Boston isn't a "team full of thugs," they are more so a team full of dirty players who throw elbows when no one is lookin'. (KG, Allen)

IRUAM #21
05-14-2009, 04:35 PM
Thug life ftw

king4day
05-14-2009, 04:37 PM
Žydrūnas Ilgauskas being the biggest thug in league history

CityofTreez
05-14-2009, 04:45 PM
Hahaha out of all the teams to call Thugs you have the Kings? Hilarious. T-Mac started it with Bobby, he threw the ball at him. Bobby took him down.The Doug Christie/Fox thing was just a result of a heated rivarly, Doug has done nothing in his career, on or off the court besides that. Chris Webber had a rough start to his career, but he wasn't a "thug" in Sacramento. Love how you leave out Vlade Divac, one of the nicest and humble players to ever play. There isn't one person who doesn't love Vlade. Lawrence Funderburke: the defintion of clean cut.

Chris Webber had the image of a thug. From the Fab Five starting the sagging shorts and **** talking. How many game-winning shots did he flamboyantly celebrate on the road that would garner negative criticism, talking about a KG move, check this out: http://www.sacunion.com/images/article_photos/Webber_Big.jpg

If your a Kings fan, then you'd remember those unforgettable Webber moment that were great for us, but horrible to the opposing fans. That pic is my argument, not goon play, but that "**** you fans'" message that we garnered winning in every building back in the day.

Again leaving out barry/Divac/Pollard/Funderburke (haha)-you don't count Massenburg/Clark/Maxwell/N.Anderson/J-Dubb. IDK, Christie got extremely black on that play and you know it. Carmello is being criticized for his MSG incident w/ Collins, but Christie nearly knocks Fox's block off. If you ****ed with us, we would fight back, just ask Anthony peeler when he nearly took KG out of the series w/ that devastating elbow!

Norg
05-14-2009, 04:46 PM
Rafer alston

DerekRE_3
05-14-2009, 04:48 PM
Chris Webber had the image of a thug. From the Fab Five starting the sagging shorts and **** talking. How many game-winning shots did he flamboyantly celebrate on the road that would garner negative criticism, talking about a KG move, check this out: http://www.sacunion.com/images/article_photos/Webber_Big.jpg

If your a Kings fan, then you'd remember those unforgettable Webber moment that were great for us, but horrible to the opposing fans. That pic is my argument, not goon play, but that "**** you fans'" message that we garnered winning in every building back in the day.

Again leaving out barry/Divac/Pollard/Funderburke (haha)-you don't count Massenburg/Clark/Maxwell/N.Anderson/J-Dubb. IDK, Christie got extremely black on that play and you know it. Carmello is being criticized for his MSG incident w/ Collins, but Christie nearly knocks Fox's block off. If you ****ed with us, we would fight back, just ask Anthony peeler when he nearly took KG out of the series w/ that devastating elbow!

So your saying that "getting extremely black" is the same as being a thug? Uh oh....

GregOden#1
05-14-2009, 04:52 PM
Doug Christie is by far the most *****-whipped player in NBA history. How he is a thug is beyond me.

superkegger
05-14-2009, 04:53 PM
Doug Christie a thug. :laugh2: Who you gonna call thug next? Jon Barry?

DerekRE_3
05-14-2009, 04:53 PM
I guess Derek Fisher is a thug too? I heard that Peja Stojakovic once had "thuggish thoughts" on his mind.

CityofTreez
05-14-2009, 04:54 PM
So your saying that "getting extremely black" is the same as being a thug? Uh oh....

Dude, Chistie was on a leash w/ Jackie in sacramento. I mean, they owned a flower shop in Sac-Town.Chicks couldn't even interview/look at Christie in our Locker Room. Forever, I thought Christie was a great defender, but Jackie carried wore the pants in this relationship. Considering that, yes, surpirised a guy of that stature would so something of that magnitude was thuggery, especially in Los Angeles, the City of Angels.

IRUAM #21
05-14-2009, 04:55 PM
Chris Quinn.

DerekRE_3
05-14-2009, 04:57 PM
Dude, Chistie was on a leash w/ Jackie in sacramento. I mean, they owned a flower shop in Sac-Town.Chicks couldn't even interview/look at Christie in our Locker Room. Forever, I thought Christie was a great defender, but Jackie carried wore the pants in this relationship. Considering that, yes, surpirised a guy of that stature would so something of that magnitude was thuggery, especially in Los Angeles, the City of Angels.

You are providing me great entertainment. :laugh2:

b_rad23
05-14-2009, 04:58 PM
Sun Yue.

whitekimbo
05-14-2009, 04:58 PM
I don't precisely remember the years, but that pacers team with tinsley, sjax, artest and JO was prettly thugly.

yup, and they had my boy al harrington too. that was the group that jumped the punk *** pistons fans...

Randy West
05-14-2009, 05:00 PM
I don't know about the Kings being thugs, I mean you had the Pacers......those 90's Knick teams with Mason and Oakley......don't forget John Starks......he would get something going.

I mean the Kings had a couple people that would punch you.......I think you have a couple of those guys on any team. First Doug whoops up on Fox and then Doug and Jackie whoop up on him on the way to the locker room.

Corliss well the only thing I remember him doing was pushing Derrick Coleman.......who then put a couple of shots right in his face........not what I would consider thuggish......I would consider that getting thugged. As far as B Jax goes if T-Mac would have not thrown the ball at him that whole thing would have never happened.

Sprewell would choke a coach spit at a fan then slap a ho if one was nearby so I would consider him a thug.......Stephen Jackson and his fighting and trigger play at strip clubs......for sure a thug. Paul Pierce tried to get thuggy......then got mega-thugged and stabbed like seven or eight times......so he isn't real thuggy.

On another note a guy who hasn't gotten a mention who was old school thugged out was Xavier McDaniel.......look at him sideways and you were going to have some problems...........Robert Parrish would go to blows pretty quickly if my memory serves me correctly ........but back in his day I don't even think thug was a term used so it was just dudes you didn't want to f with.........he was one of them.

tdunk21
05-14-2009, 05:09 PM
after watching the bulls/celtics series i would have to say boston has a team full of thugs.

+1

shep33
05-14-2009, 05:15 PM
1999 knicks with Spree, Camby, LJ, Kurt Thomas, and the biggest thug in NBA history... Chris Childs, that guy had a posse with him at all his games sitting behind the knicks bench haha.

shep33
05-14-2009, 05:16 PM
Or even the 1994 Knicks team. Oaktree, Anthony Mason, Starks (big time), Greg Anthony, Charles Smith, Doc Rivers, Anthony Bonner.

IBleedPurple
05-14-2009, 05:18 PM
He damn sure wasn't a thug. The greatest flopper in the history of the leauge

x2

During practice, Divac used to flop when the air conditioning would come on.

AMC31
05-14-2009, 05:24 PM
The whole wizards team, especially when they play the Cavs.

tdunk21
05-14-2009, 05:27 PM
The whole wizards team, especially when they play the Cavs.

hell yeah

Zetterberg40
05-14-2009, 05:27 PM
The jailblazers took the cake check out this 7 man roster

C R Wallace
PF Z Randolf
SF R Patterson
SG JR Rider
PG E Strickland

6th man
D Miles
Reserve
D Stoudemire

rapswin98
05-14-2009, 05:33 PM
duncan is a real thug:rolleyes:

whitekimbo
05-14-2009, 05:45 PM
Or even the 1994 Knicks team. Oaktree, Anthony Mason, Starks (big time), Greg Anthony, Charles Smith, Doc Rivers, Anthony Bonner.

yea, ESPN analysts and current coaches sure are thugs...

Wake's Fastball
05-14-2009, 06:45 PM
Brian Scalabrine

[/thread]

I Stole Home
05-14-2009, 06:56 PM
Mike James

jrivera
05-14-2009, 06:59 PM
kobe = suburban thug

lmao!

JordanPippen
05-14-2009, 07:15 PM
lol with the color that the denver players have on their jerseys, i don't think you can take them as "thugs" seriously

Vincent
05-14-2009, 07:34 PM
1999 knicks with Spree, Camby, LJ, Kurt Thomas, and the biggest thug in NBA history... Chris Childs, that guy had a posse with him at all his games sitting behind the knicks bench haha.

Disagree with Camby and Kurt, but that rest is pretty accurate.

The last year's NY lineup wasn't too far off.

Zach R., Nate Robinson, Jamal Crawford

smith&wesson
05-14-2009, 07:37 PM
first of all, Id rather have a tuff team then a soft one. I'm a raptors fan, and we probably have the softest team in the league. That being said, i think calling a player a thug is just wrong. First of all there are no thugs in the NBA.. Why do i say this ? because thugs are on the street. Not in pro sports. When your an athelete you better be tuff. If you want to win in the NBA you better get tuff. Every sport has scraps, fallouts, fights, its all in the game. And it blows over after the game. I never heard of a fight on the court turn in to a beef where one guy goes and calls his boys and does a drive by on the other guys house. This is bs, all together, having tattoos and being tuff doesnt make you no thug. And if you think soo then your just a soft lil B*&%ch in the first place. straight up ... you dont talk **** about somones mother, let alone talk **** too someones mother. that has to be the most cowardly thing i ever seen in pro sports period. And if kmart decided to do somthing about it, it doesnt make him a thug, it makes him a man. A man defends his mother by anymeans, family comes first then carears, and profesionalism. and even then i wouldnt call it thugery.

tromo9
05-14-2009, 07:46 PM
jj barea

td0tsfinest
05-14-2009, 07:53 PM
The Toronto Raptors
Andrea Bargnani is a real thug. Look what he did to vince carter http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhdGQn3k7Aw

:p

tromo9
05-14-2009, 07:58 PM
the ultimate nba thug ...drum roll.........brian scalabrineeeee!!

Omar Little
05-14-2009, 07:59 PM
The 90's Knickerbockers were a bunch of dirtballs.

(Xavier McDaniels, Charles Oakley, John Starks, Anthony Mason, Derek Harper...)

Remember that playoff series vs the Bulls, where they publicly admitted that they couldnt beat the Bulls, so their goal was to injure them!

Elliot.Cowan
05-14-2009, 09:44 PM
Derek Fishier haha jks

Shaddix
05-14-2009, 09:52 PM
Eddie House:clap:

tdunk21
05-14-2009, 10:32 PM
Eddie House:clap:

no...its rafer alston....alston b***h slapped house on his head.....

theuuord
05-14-2009, 10:36 PM
you guys have some real light definitions of the word "thug"...

yanksknicksgmen
05-14-2009, 10:48 PM
artest

goku
05-14-2009, 11:05 PM
darius miles

DenButsu
05-14-2009, 11:05 PM
NAME CHARGE
Greg “Cadillac” Anderson Possession of Cocaine and Intent to Distribute
Gilbert Arenas Unlawful Possession of Firearm
Darrell Armstrong Battery of Female Police Officer
Ron Artest Assault and Battery
Charles Barkley Disorderly Conduct
Erick Barkley Trespass
Tony Battie Battery of Police Officer
Mookie Blaylock Marijuana Possession
Kobe Bryant Sexual Assault
Rodney Buford Marijuana Possession
Jason Caffey Assault Causing Bodily Harm
Marcus Camby Marijuana Possession
Sam Cassell Assault Causing Bodily Harm
Keon Clark Marijuana Possession
Derrick Coleman Driving While Under the Influence
Tony Dumas Assault on Pregnant Woman
Richard Dumas Crack Cocaine Possession
Dale Ellis (1) Domestic-Violence Assault and Resisting Arrest
Dale Ellis (2) Domestic-Violence Assault
Marcus Fizer Unlawful Possession of Firearm
Joe Forte (1) Marijuana Possession and Unlawful Possession of Firearm
Joe Forte (2) Driving While Under the Influence
Steve Francis Driving While Under the Influence
Gary Grant (1) Assault, Battery, and Disorderly Conduct
Gary Grant (2) Drunk Driving
Eddie Griffin (1) Marijuana Possession
Eddie Griffin (2) Assault with a Deadly Weapon
Ed Gray Marijuana Possession and Driving Under the Influence
Darvin Ham Battery of Wife
David Harrison Assault and Battery
Alan Henderson Unlawful Possession of Firearm
Dennis Hopson Domestic Violence
Zydrunas Illgauskas Drunk Driving
Allen Iverson (1) Marijuana Possession and Unlawful Possession of Firearm
Allen Iverson (2) Assault
Stephen Jackson Assault and Battery
Anthony Johnson Assault and Battery
Dennis Johnson Assault and Battery
Shawn Kemp Drug Possession and Unlawful Possession of Firearm
Jason Kidd Domestic Abuse
Voshon Lenard Reckless Endangerment and Illegal Use of Firearm
Brad Lohaus Domestic Assault and Felony Theft
Sam Mack Marijuana Possession
Anthony Mason Battery on Police Officer
Vernon Maxwell (1) Unlawful Possession of Firearm
Vernon Maxwell (2) Drug Possession
Vernon Maxwell (3) Failing to Pay Child Support
Roshown McLeod Battery of Pregnant Woman
Terrance Morris Driving with a Suspended License
Lee Nailon Marijuana Possession
Tyrone Nesby Battery
Michael Olowokandi (1) Cohabitant Abuse, Robbery, and False Imprisonment
Michael Olowokandi (2) Disorderly Conduct and Trespass
Jermaine O’Neal Assault and Battery
Chris Porter Marijuana Possession
Vitaly Potapenko Disorderly Conduct
Robert Parrish Marijuana Possession
Ruben Patterson (1) Assault
Ruben Patterson (2) Attempted Rape
Ruben Patterson (3) Assault of Spouse
Gary Payton Driving While Under the Influence
Scottie Pippen Battery of Woman
Olden Polynice (1) Assault
Olden Polynice (2) Impersonating a Police Officer and Disorderly Conduct
Olden Polynice (3) Assault
Zach Randolph Driving While Under the Influence
Eldrige Recasner Assault
Jason Richardson Domestic Violence
Isaiah “JR” Rider Marijuana Possession
Cliff Robinson (1) Marijuana Possession
Cliff Robinson (2) Marijuana Possession
Glenn Robinson (1) Disorderly Intoxication
Glenn Robinson (2) Battery and Unlawful Possession of Firearm
Dennis Rodman (1) Battery
Dennis Rodman (2) Obstruction of Justice
Dwayne Schintzius Driving While Under the Influence
Charles Smith Vehicular Homicide and Driving Under the Influence
Leon Smith Criminal Mischief
Michael Smith Assault and Drunk Driving
Latrell Sprewell Driving With a Suspended License
Jerry Stackhouse Assault
DeShawn Stevenson Statutory Rape
Rod Strickland (1) Driving While Under the Influence
Rod Strickland (2) Unlawful Entry
Damon Stoudamire Marijuana Possession
Sedale Threatt Failing to Pay Child Support
Kurt Thomas Assault of Spouse
Robert Traylor Receiving and Concealing Stolen Property
Gary Trent Assault
John Wallace Harassment
Rasheed Wallace Marijuana Possession
Samaki Walker Drunk Driving
Chris Webber Marijuana Possession and Resisting Arrest
Bonzi Wells Trespass
David Wesley Reckless Driving
Chris Wilcox Unlawful Possession of Firearm
Jason Williams Reckless Driving
Jayson Williams Reckless Manslaughter
Sly Williams Kidnapping, Rape, Sodomy, and Burglary
Qyntel Woods (1) Marijuana Possession
Qyntel Woods (2) Animal Cruelty

http://sports-law.blogspot.com/2005/07/nba-players-that-get-in-trouble-with_20.html

theuuord
05-14-2009, 11:08 PM
NAME CHARGE
Greg “Cadillac” Anderson Possession of Cocaine and Intent to Distribute
Gilbert Arenas Unlawful Possession of Firearm
Darrell Armstrong Battery of Female Police Officer
Ron Artest Assault and Battery
Charles Barkley Disorderly Conduct
Erick Barkley Trespass
Tony Battie Battery of Police Officer
Mookie Blaylock Marijuana Possession
Kobe Bryant Sexual Assault
Rodney Buford Marijuana Possession
Jason Caffey Assault Causing Bodily Harm
Marcus Camby Marijuana Possession
Sam Cassell Assault Causing Bodily Harm
Keon Clark Marijuana Possession
Derrick Coleman Driving While Under the Influence
Tony Dumas Assault on Pregnant Woman
Richard Dumas Crack Cocaine Possession
Dale Ellis (1) Domestic-Violence Assault and Resisting Arrest
Dale Ellis (2) Domestic-Violence Assault
Marcus Fizer Unlawful Possession of Firearm
Joe Forte (1) Marijuana Possession and Unlawful Possession of Firearm
Joe Forte (2) Driving While Under the Influence
Steve Francis Driving While Under the Influence
Gary Grant (1) Assault, Battery, and Disorderly Conduct
Gary Grant (2) Drunk Driving
Eddie Griffin (1) Marijuana Possession
Eddie Griffin (2) Assault with a Deadly Weapon
Ed Gray Marijuana Possession and Driving Under the Influence
Darvin Ham Battery of Wife
David Harrison Assault and Battery
Alan Henderson Unlawful Possession of Firearm
Dennis Hopson Domestic Violence
Zydrunas Illgauskas Drunk Driving
Allen Iverson (1) Marijuana Possession and Unlawful Possession of Firearm
Allen Iverson (2) Assault
Stephen Jackson Assault and Battery
Anthony Johnson Assault and Battery
Dennis Johnson Assault and Battery
Shawn Kemp Drug Possession and Unlawful Possession of Firearm
Jason Kidd Domestic Abuse
Voshon Lenard Reckless Endangerment and Illegal Use of Firearm
Brad Lohaus Domestic Assault and Felony Theft
Sam Mack Marijuana Possession
Anthony Mason Battery on Police Officer
Vernon Maxwell (1) Unlawful Possession of Firearm
Vernon Maxwell (2) Drug Possession
Vernon Maxwell (3) Failing to Pay Child Support
Roshown McLeod Battery of Pregnant Woman
Terrance Morris Driving with a Suspended License
Lee Nailon Marijuana Possession
Tyrone Nesby Battery
Michael Olowokandi (1) Cohabitant Abuse, Robbery, and False Imprisonment
Michael Olowokandi (2) Disorderly Conduct and Trespass
Jermaine O’Neal Assault and Battery
Chris Porter Marijuana Possession
Vitaly Potapenko Disorderly Conduct
Robert Parrish Marijuana Possession
Ruben Patterson (1) Assault
Ruben Patterson (2) Attempted Rape
Ruben Patterson (3) Assault of Spouse
Gary Payton Driving While Under the Influence
Scottie Pippen Battery of Woman
Olden Polynice (1) Assault
Olden Polynice (2) Impersonating a Police Officer and Disorderly Conduct
Olden Polynice (3) Assault
Zach Randolph Driving While Under the Influence
Eldrige Recasner Assault
Jason Richardson Domestic Violence
Isaiah “JR” Rider Marijuana Possession
Cliff Robinson (1) Marijuana Possession
Cliff Robinson (2) Marijuana Possession
Glenn Robinson (1) Disorderly Intoxication
Glenn Robinson (2) Battery and Unlawful Possession of Firearm
Dennis Rodman (1) Battery
Dennis Rodman (2) Obstruction of Justice
Dwayne Schintzius Driving While Under the Influence
Charles Smith Vehicular Homicide and Driving Under the Influence
Leon Smith Criminal Mischief
Michael Smith Assault and Drunk Driving
Latrell Sprewell Driving With a Suspended License
Jerry Stackhouse Assault
DeShawn Stevenson Statutory Rape
Rod Strickland (1) Driving While Under the Influence
Rod Strickland (2) Unlawful Entry
Damon Stoudamire Marijuana Possession
Sedale Threatt Failing to Pay Child Support
Kurt Thomas Assault of Spouse
Robert Traylor Receiving and Concealing Stolen Property
Gary Trent Assault
John Wallace Harassment
Rasheed Wallace Marijuana Possession
Samaki Walker Drunk Driving
Chris Webber Marijuana Possession and Resisting Arrest
Bonzi Wells Trespass
David Wesley Reckless Driving
Chris Wilcox Unlawful Possession of Firearm
Jason Williams Reckless Driving
Jayson Williams Reckless Manslaughter
Sly Williams Kidnapping, Rape, Sodomy, and Burglary
Qyntel Woods (1) Marijuana Possession
Qyntel Woods (2) Animal Cruelty

http://sports-law.blogspot.com/2005/07/nba-players-that-get-in-trouble-with_20.html

are those charges or convictions?

DenButsu
05-14-2009, 11:17 PM
are those charges or convictions?

Good question. From that link:

Among the claims often expressed for raising the age floor in the NBA is that prep-to-pros players are more likely to get in off-court trouble, since they lack a college education and, as David Stern puts it, "life experience." One way to test this idea is to study NBA players that have actually gotten in trouble with the law. Were they college educated? Were they young and impressionable? I did a little bit of research, and while I cannot ensure that the following chart reflects a complete list, it is quite extensive and likely covers most of the recent NBA player arrests. The chart reveals the arrested players’ level of education and their age and level of professional experience at the time of arrest. Disclaimer: obviously, an arrest does not mean that someone is guilty of anything; that’s what a trial is for. But, it might a good proxy for “getting in trouble with the law,” particularly given the reputational cost often absorbed by an arrested player, his team, and the NBA.

ewing
05-15-2009, 08:51 AM
The 90's Knickerbockers were a bunch of dirtballs.

(Xavier McDaniels, Charles Oakley, John Starks, Anthony Mason, Derek Harper...)

Remember that playoff series vs the Bulls, where they publicly admitted that they couldnt beat the Bulls, so their goal was to injure them!

No and neither do you

dandman1021
05-15-2009, 09:46 AM
im going to have to say the biggest thug is either Morrison or Mutumbo......o and MARK BLOUNT

Dstmccoy
05-15-2009, 10:09 AM
I agree with Fredy, the Portland Thugblazers of the late 90's- early 2000's

Super.
05-15-2009, 11:40 AM
After watching the Bulls/Celtics series I would have to say Boston has a team full of thugs.

Take a sip and join the line of crybabies :sigh:

CityofTreez
05-15-2009, 12:51 PM
x2

During practice, Divac used to flop when the air conditioning would come on.

That was a good 1!

DrDEADalready
05-15-2009, 01:01 PM
90's jazz. Pasty Gangsta (stockton) and Dirty Bastard ( Malone) P.I.M.Ps right there.

Ollie Tabooger
05-16-2009, 08:29 AM
90's jazz. Pasty Gangsta (stockton) and Dirty Bastard ( Malone) P.I.M.Ps right there.

yeah um no.

codes238
05-16-2009, 08:42 AM
its really the jail-blazers and its not even close... ruben patterson, isiah rider, sheed, zach randolph, damon stoudemire, qyntel woods, darius miles, the list goes on and on... remember when z-bo sucker-punched ruben patterson in the face at practice and broke his cheek-bone? aparently ruben vowed to kill him and randolph had to hide out at dale davis's house for 2 weeks... pretty thug right there...

Ironman5219
05-16-2009, 09:14 AM
Today's NBA- Barron Davis #1, Sheed, Baby Davis, AI, the entire Denver Thugget Team
Owner: Cuban
Past: Oakley, Bird had some cheep shots, The entire Bad Boys Pistons teams
All time - Rodman

EastCoastBaller
05-16-2009, 09:31 AM
The Pacers during the Artest, SJax, O'Neal, Tinsley days. Just wikipedia Stephen Jackson's track record

That

magichatnumber9
05-16-2009, 10:02 AM
This Thread is for all the white basketball fans that are closet racist. I guess the white guilt is starting to fade away LOL