PDA

View Full Version : Private lives...

Spurred1
05-14-2009, 01:51 AM
So I was thinking about the press coverage regarding Dirk and his ..ahem..girl problems and it made me wonder, is it appropriate for the press to report on this? Should NBA players' private lives be just that? When is it okay to report on a player's off court shenanigans?
Thoughts?

S.J.Basketball
05-14-2009, 01:59 AM
What girl problems?

superkegger
05-14-2009, 02:00 AM
I think it's ok to report on, as long as you don't push the issue. If Dirk says he doesn't want to talk about it, then leave it at that. Don't keep pushing for a story to get one, when the player doesn't want to talk about it. But in this day and age, people of celebrity status have little that is private.

bostncelts34
05-14-2009, 07:13 AM
NBA player=celebrity

celebrity=media frenzy

Media frenzy=no privacy

Its part of the job IMO. Whether your an actor,musician,athlete or whatever. You know the media and all that stuff comes with it. I don't feel bad whatsoever until the media pushes it WAY WAY WAY to far. These people are getting paid millions and millions, and this is one of the downfalls of there careers.

Wilson
05-14-2009, 09:04 AM
I think it's ok to report on, as long as you don't push the issue. If Dirk says he doesn't want to talk about it, then leave it at that. Don't keep pushing for a story to get one, when the player doesn't want to talk about it. But in this day and age, people of celebrity status have little that is private.

Agreed...

todu82
05-14-2009, 09:53 AM
They're in the public eye so even their private lives are to be made public. As someone else said it's part of the job.