PDA

View Full Version : Game 6 Thurs May 14th - 2nd Round - Eastern Conference (2) Boston @ (3) Orlando

JordansBulls
05-13-2009, 11:45 PM
( 2 ) Boston Celtics (62-20) vs. ( 3 ) Orlando Magic (59-23)

Boston Celtics will have the Homecourt Advantage

Boston Leads Series 3-2 Series Breakdown

Thu May 14, 2009 Game 6 - Boston @ Orlando 7:00 pm EDT ESPN (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/preview?gid=2009051419)

Dwight Howard(notes) wants the ball more. Stan Van Gundy is telling fans not to panic, and some Orlando Magic players think their series with Boston should already be over.

Orlando seems to be teetering on a Magic Meltdown.

Howard met with Van Gundy and apologized Wednesday—but did not retract his statements—after publicly challenging the coach’s strategy in their Game 5 collapse. The Magic center even added another bold comment as the Celtics look to close out Orlando in Game 6 Thursday and move on to the Eastern Conference finals.

“We can’t give up hope,” Howard said Wednesday. “We’re in this series to win it. We are going to win this series.”

That will take quite a turnaround.

It was the second time during these playoffs Howard has questioned why the Magic coach doesn’t run more of the offense through him, with the latest being the loudest and most direct. The two met privately Wednesday before the team’s film session and said they resolved their differences.

REGULAR SEASON SERIES
Season Series Tied 2-2
Dec. 1: at Celtics 107, Orlando 88
Jan 22: Celtics 90, at Orlando 80
Mar 17: at Celtics 79, Orlando 86
Mar 25: Celtics 82, at Orlando 84

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/KHinrich12/Team%20Logos/Celtics.png Projected Starting Lineup

http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/3026.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/9.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/662.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/3200.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/2018.jpg

PG - Rajon Rondo
SG - Ray Allen
SF - Paul Pierce
PF - Glen Davis
C - Kendrick Perkins

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/KHinrich12/Team%20Logos/Magic.png Projected Starting Lineup

http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/11.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/3445.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/862.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/469.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/2384.jpg

PG - Rafer Alston
SG - Courtney Lee
SF - Hedo Turkoglu
PF - Rashard Lewis
C - Dwight Howard

BTownTeamsRKing
05-14-2009, 12:00 AM
We got this Celtics fans.

no game 7 here. Pierce should continue attacking and Ray needs to find his shot. If Ray finds his shot early, this game and series will be over.

LETS GO CELTICS!!!!

superkegger
05-14-2009, 12:09 AM
I think Dwight Responds with playoff highs in boards and points. :shrug:

AllTheWay
05-14-2009, 12:17 AM
^ I think so too...It's very puzzling how Dwight only got 10 shots in such a vital game...

DaaBoTownSox
05-14-2009, 01:03 AM
We got this Celtics fans.

no game 7 here. Pierce should continue attacking and Ray needs to find his shot. If Ray finds his shot early, this game and series will be over.

LETS GO CELTICS!!!!

As much as i'd like to think so, I think Orlando is going to take this one. And, i don't really see it being all that close either.

69centers
05-14-2009, 08:34 AM
It's no secret that they will be going to Howard more, so that plays right into Thibodeau's hands defensely. We know what they're gonna do. Try more inside post-ups and touches to Howard, and less 3-pointers, which they haven't been knocking down lately. If we're prepared for that and Ray and Pierce have 20+ nights, this series will be over tonight.

theimortalone
05-14-2009, 09:38 AM
Magic by 5 at home to force a game 7!

ManRam
05-14-2009, 10:38 AM
Magic win, unless they force the ball into Dwight, and force him to get 15 or more shots. If they let the offense find him, without giving him the ball at the block and watching him go, they'll be fine. But if they decide to run the offense through Dwight, and not let the offense find him...they wont win.

They need a mixture between game 5 (10 shots, never forcing it to him, loss) and game 2 (13 shots, 5 made, and a lot of forced offense, loss). Rafer and Hedo need to penetrate and find Dwight. They can't just ignore him. They also can't give it to him with 20 seconds on the shot clock. He's not that good offensively.

They also need to start hitting their threes, which is not a easier said then done. They have the skill.

ManRam
05-14-2009, 10:44 AM
It's no secret that they will be going to Howard more, so that plays right into Thibodeau's hands defensely. We know what they're gonna do. Try more inside post-ups and touches to Howard, and less 3-pointers, which they haven't been knocking down lately. If we're prepared for that and Ray and Pierce have 20+ nights, this series will be over tonight.

I don't see that happening. The Magic's best game was game 3. How did they win that game? First off, Dwight only had 8 shots, but was extremely efficient. He didn't force anything. They killed the Celtics with points in the paint...even with Dwight only making 7 shots. Hedo, Shard, Lee, Johnson etc. got penetration all night long. This opened up the three point shot, where they were 9 for 18. That's Magic offense. Magic offense is not Dwight Howard posting up. Magic offense is not jacking up threes all day. Magic offense is getting penetration, then finding open shooters if they can't get a shot off penetration.

The Magic offense will NEVER be like you describe it. Howard will get no more than 10-12 shots when the Magic are their best.

mackworth
05-14-2009, 11:15 AM
I think the Magic take this and the Celtics take game 7 at home.

69centers
05-14-2009, 01:22 PM
I don't see that happening. The Magic's best game was game 3. How did they win that game? First off, Dwight only had 8 shots, but was extremely efficient. He didn't force anything. They killed the Celtics with points in the paint...even with Dwight only making 7 shots. Hedo, Shard, Lee, Johnson etc. got penetration all night long. This opened up the three point shot, where they were 9 for 18. That's Magic offense. Magic offense is not Dwight Howard posting up. Magic offense is not jacking up threes all day. Magic offense is getting penetration, then finding open shooters if they can't get a shot off penetration.

The Magic offense will NEVER be like you describe it. Howard will get no more than 10-12 shots when the Magic are their best.

Points in the paint needs to start with Howard. If he's not getting touches, they're not moving the ball or finding the open man. Their outside shooting is atrocious lately, so they need to go inside and Howard needs more touches. Touches, not necessarily shots.

macc
05-14-2009, 01:35 PM
Points in the paint needs to start with Howard. If he's not getting touches, they're not moving the ball or finding the open man. Their outside shooting is atrocious lately, so they need to go inside and Howard needs more touches. Touches, not necessarily shots.

Exactly right, he doesn't always have to shoot inside to be effective, get some touches, have the defense collapse and kick it out to the open shooter.

ManRam
05-14-2009, 01:54 PM

I beg to differ. Points in the paint end with Howard. They need to go inside, you're right...but with Shard and Hedo. Game 1, first half...why did the Magic dominate??? Because those to were penetrating. Last night, first half...Rashard got to the paint at east. He was getting layups left and right. When those two penetrate it gets Howard moving and open. The offense starts with those two. The offense never has been focused around Howard...at least not for the last two years. Take it from someone who has seen 90% of their games.

What everyone needs to realize: You cannot give Howard the ball and expect him to score. He's not that good yet.

And your last sentence is horrible. When Howard gets a touch, he's going to either shoot it or turn it over. HE NEVER PASSES. The only touches he needs is when he is under the hoop, or an offensive rebound. To get him quality opportunities, Shard and Hedo need to slash. This is why the Jameer loss is so huge. He created soooooo many great looks for Howard.

ManRam
05-14-2009, 02:03 PM
Exactly right, he doesn't always have to shoot inside to be effective, get some touches, have the defense collapse and kick it out to the open shooter.

HAHAHA.

Dwight passing. What a joke. What Dwight Howard are you talking about??? He doesn't kick it out to open shooters.

He has 72 3 point assists this year. THAT LESS THAN ONE A GAME.
He has 112 total assists this year. That's 1.4 a game.

What don't people understand??? DWIGHT DOESN'T PASS THE BALL!!!!

The offense can't be run through Dwight. He will either turn it over or put up a bad shot unless he's under the hoop. The offense has to come to Dwight, and finish with him. YOU CAN'T GIVE HIM THE BALL AND EXPECT HIM TO CREATE A SHOT AND SCORE.

Search for Dwight Howard's name here...http://www.82games.com/0809/RESORT8.HTM

He's near the bottom. He doesn't even make the list for assist/turnovers.

HOWARD DOESN'T RUN THE OFFENSE. There is a reason he doesn't get the ball late in games. He's not clutch. He stagnates the offense. He can't shoot free throws. He's a ball hog.

macc
05-14-2009, 03:33 PM
HAHAHA.

Dwight passing. What a joke. What Dwight Howard are you talking about??? He doesn't kick it out to open shooters.

He has 72 3 point assists this year. THAT LESS THAN ONE A GAME.
He has 112 total assists this year. That's 1.4 a game.

What don't people understand??? DWIGHT DOESN'T PASS THE BALL!!!!

The offense can't be run through Dwight. He will either turn it over or put up a bad shot unless he's under the hoop. The offense has to come to Dwight, and finish with him. YOU CAN'T GIVE HIM THE BALL AND EXPECT HIM TO CREATE A SHOT AND SCORE.

Search for Dwight Howard's name here...http://www.82games.com/0809/RESORT8.HTM

He's near the bottom. He doesn't even make the list for assist/turnovers.

HOWARD DOESN'T RUN THE OFFENSE. There is a reason he doesn't get the ball late in games. He's not clutch. He stagnates the offense. He can't shoot free throws. He's a ball hog.

Where did I say that he does it consistantly? Ok nowhere...alright just making sure.

I'm saying he needs to do more of that, I don't need stats on what he has done in the PAST. I'm talking what he can do to IMPROVE the offense in the future. Howard can be a great passer, with his athletic ability he can jump and throw a cross court pass if he wanted to. I do agree that 99% of the time when he gets it he will either bang and get an easy dunk or be to far from the basket and throw a long range hook out there which misses most of the time.

I'm saying if SVG could coach him a little more to be patient with the ball and not force shots he could use his athletic ability along with his court vision and when the defense colsapses on him he can pass the ball out. Thats what people mean by inside out offense.

I know you're a Magic fan and all and take any chance you can to bash Howard all day long but would you really rather have Turk around the peremeter forcing up shots all day? So to me I would rather Howard sit in the lane with his above 55% fg% then Turk with his below 30% fg % jacking up forced shots.

Plus how can you call Howard a ball hog when he shoots on avg 9-15 shots per game, to me that makes absolutley no sense, and when he's making over 50% of his shots consistantly which noone else on the Magic can do, why are you complaining about that?

But all in all my point is he needs more touches, not necessarily shots, run an inside out offense because our peremter is simply not getting it done, hense the reason we're losing 20 pt leads on a regular basis. You may loving bashing Howard all day long but bottom line is if he got more touches in that last game we wouldn't have lost that lead.

ManRam
05-14-2009, 03:55 PM
I'm saying he needs to do more of that, I don't need stats on what he has done in the PAST. I'm talking what he can do to IMPROVE the offense in the future. Howard can be a great passer, with his athletic ability he can jump and throw a cross court pass if he wanted to. I do agree that 99% of the time when he gets it he will either bang and get an easy dunk or be to far from the basket and throw a long range hook out there which misses most of the time.

So, it's game 6 in the playoffs. You're down 3-2. It's time to have Dwight Howard learn. NO. Sure, he can be a great passer (don't know what you've seen that suggests that), but the fact is he isn't now...and that's all that matters now. He's not going to change his ways overnight.

I'm saying if SVG could coach him a little more to be patient with the ball and not force shots he could use his athletic ability along with his court vision and when the defense colsapses on him he can pass the ball out. Thats what people mean by inside out offense.

What do you think Pat Ewing is here to do??? SVG and Pat aren't idiots. I'm sure they're trying. But ultimately, it's up to the player. That's why I hate Dwight right now. He's stubborn. He can't rely on athleticism and only athleticism in the NBA. He needs to learn to pass, develop some mid range game, some post moves, and work on his offensive basketball IQ. You can't expect him to change this all overnight...which is why SVG isn't forcing him the ball, and which is why almost all the analysts understand why he isn't, along with most Magic fans.

I know you're a Magic fan and all and take any chance you can to bash Howard all day long but would you really rather have Turk around the peremeter forcing up shots all day? So to me I would rather Howard sit in the lane with his above 55% fg% then Turk with his below 30% fg % jacking up forced shots.

Yes. I would rather Hedo forcing up shots than Dwight. He's been our late game leader for two years now. Two bad finishes doesn't change the fact. Dwight's 4th quarter numbers blow. The stats show he's not clutch. Throw that in with his horrendous FT shooting...and his shortcomings on offense and I don't want the ball in his hands late in the game. He's a 55% shooter because he shoots 10 times a game, and most of those are coming off of broken plays or are slam dunks. HE CAN'T CREATE A SHOT.

Plus how can you call Howard a ball hog when he shoots on avg 9-15 shots per game, to me that makes absolutley no sense, and when he's making over 50% of his shots consistantly which noone else on the Magic can do, why are you complaining about that?

Just watch him tonight. He never, ever, ever passes the ball. His assist numbers are horrible. When you have such good shooters, you gotta help them out by passing the ball to them. He never does. The offense doesn't run through him, and it shouldn't. He can't dictate when he gets touches. But when he does, he wont pass.

But all in all my point is he needs more touches, not necessarily shots, run an inside out offense because our peremter is simply not getting it done, hense the reason we're losing 20 pt leads on a regular basis. You may loving bashing Howard all day long but bottom line is if he got more touches in that last game we wouldn't have lost that lead.

I disagree. John Hollinger did a great insider article about how the Magic are far better when he takes less than 12 shots a game. It's a fact that the more touches he gets, the worse we are.

When he takes 13+ shots in the playoffs: 1-4
When he takes 12 or less shots: 4-1
When he doesn't play: 1-0

He's gotta let the offense come to him. SVG knows this, the ballhandlers like Hedo, Rafer, Lewis, Lee etc. know this. SVG is willing to be run out of town because of this...you know why...because he's right. Dwight can't run an offense. He can't carry a team on offense. Some day he will...but it's not going to be tonight.

macc
05-14-2009, 04:24 PM
So, it's game 6 in the playoffs. You're down 3-2. It's time to have Dwight Howard learn. NO. Sure, he can be a great passer (don't know what you've seen that suggests that), but the fact is he isn't now...and that's all that matters now. He's not going to change his ways overnight.

What do you think Pat Ewing is here to do??? SVG and Pat aren't idiots. I'm sure they're trying. But ultimately, it's up to the player. That's why I hate Dwight right now. He's stubborn. He can't rely on athleticism and only athleticism in the NBA. He needs to learn to pass, develop some mid range game, some post moves, and work on his offensive basketball IQ. You can't expect him to change this all overnight...which is why SVG isn't forcing him the ball, and which is why almost all the analysts understand why he isn't, along with most Magic fans.

Yes. I would rather Hedo forcing up shots than Dwight. He's been our late game leader for two years now. Two bad finishes doesn't change the fact. Dwight's 4th quarter numbers blow. The stats show he's not clutch. Throw that in with his horrendous FT shooting...and his shortcomings on offense and I don't want the ball in his hands late in the game. He's a 55% shooter because he shoots 10 times a game, and most of those are coming off of broken plays or are slam dunks. HE CAN'T CREATE A SHOT.

Just watch him tonight. He never, ever, ever passes the ball. His assist numbers are horrible. When you have such good shooters, you gotta help them out by passing the ball to them. He never does. The offense doesn't run through him, and it shouldn't. He can't dictate when he gets touches. But when he does, he wont pass.

I disagree. John Hollinger did a great insider article about how the Magic are far better when he takes less than 12 shots a game. It's a fact that the more touches he gets, the worse we are.

When he takes 13+ shots in the playoffs: 1-4
When he takes 12 or less shots: 4-1
When he doesn't play: 1-0

He's gotta let the offense come to him. SVG knows this, the ballhandlers like Hedo, Rafer, Lewis, Lee etc. know this. SVG is willing to be run out of town because of this...you know why...because he's right. Dwight can't run an offense. He can't carry a team on offense. Some day he will...but it's not going to be tonight.

Come on man you're not giving Dwight enough credit. All I'm saying is pass him the ball, let him hold onto it for a bit, if he's outside the paint, let the defense calapse then pass out. You don't need a full offensive arsonal to get that done. Thats not complicated that's not somthing thats going to take months and months to learn. That is simple fundamentals. Its just using them and pounding them into his brain till he does it. We were up 14 pts in the 4th quarter against the Celtics, then we kept forcing up shots with 5 sec left on the shot clock, missing them and Boston getting transistion buckets. Thats been our trend.

We agree that he is stubborn at times and yes Its annoying when he gets the ball outside the paint, faces up, at the same time I'm saying to myself "pass it Dwight, you're out of your range" then forces up a bad shot. Thats where his teammates need to tell him to pass it out, let him get better position then drop it back into him. Prob won't happen over night but it's just somthing we both agree on that he needs help with. Remember if he went to college he would be a rookie this year so he has quite a few years yet to reach his prime.

As much as I like Stan I would like to have coach like D'Antone give us a up tempo fast paced offense, I don't know another center in the league who could run with Dwight all game long. That would spread the floor and give us open shots and Dwight more put backs which is what he's best at.

Our best guy at creating his own shot is prob Courtney Lee, but he's a rookie and has alot to learn, I think he's def our future clutch man. Lewis has terrible ball handling skillz but he can drive and finish well. Turk can drive well but the only way he creates his own shot is his fade away from 20+ feet out which isn't a high percentage shot. MP can drive strong, Alston can create but doesn't finish well at times. That's why our best chance is Howard who shoots over 55% even w/ his limited offensive skill set. Maybe not the entire game but when we're losing a lead we need to get easy baskets esp if we're in the half court and not rely on the 3 so much because when we're cold we lose.

But yes I agree that our best games have been when Howard wasn't our leading scorer and more of a clean up guy, I just would like to see him get shots up when we're losing leads so at least we can say we attempted high percentage shots.

Edit - I hate it when you type a long reply to somone and you hit post but by then psd has already logged you out and you have to log back in again to finish posting it.

Kakaroach
05-14-2009, 04:30 PM
Magic win and send it back to Boston. SVG actually listens to the Superman and decides to give him more than 10 shots.

ManRam
05-14-2009, 05:04 PM
maac,

I do agree that we shouldn't ignore Dwight like we did in the 4th. He should get touches, but I'm just saying he shouldn't be, and isn't the #1 weapon on offense, and people who don't want the Magic need to realize this. Shard is #1 right now, Hedo is still #2 despite a few bad games. Then it's Howard.

The thing is, these simple suggestions aren't going to magically happen. Dwight is who he is. He's never been the passing type...and it's sadly not going to change tonight. We are choking, and him not getting touches is part of it. But I think he is doing nothing to warrant deserving to get the ball...and most importantly he's doing nothing to get the ball. He's not calling for it. He's not getting in good position. He's just standing at the top of the key twiddling his fingers.

Dwight needs to get better position. Tim Legler said it the best, he can't play pick and roll at the top of the key and stay there. He needs to get low in the post. That way, he has position, people will pass it to him, and he can score. When he's dicking around 15-20 feet out, he's doing nothing...and has no right to whine about it. He is a beast when he has position down low, and can make one move and dunk. But when he is standing far out, he is useless.

You talk about how he's so young. I know he's going to get better, but pretending like he's magically going to mature overnight is not the way to approach this. He's not going to change over night, so you can't give it to him and act like he will do what we want him to do, SVG wants him to do, or his teammates want him to do. He's going to be Dwight. That's why we aren't force feeding it to him. We should, but we can't. He's not that good yet. And he wont magically be that good tonight.

I agree that SVG isn't the best option...and was never our #1 choice...and I agree that pleasing your star is important. But I think he's getting the raw deal here. It's as much Dwight's fault as it is SVG's fault as it is Rafer's fault as it is the whole team's fault. SVG shouldn't be the punching bag here.

Lee is not our best play making option late in games. It's still Hedo, followed by Rashard. I love Lee, and think he'll be a stud...but again, you can't expect him to magically change over night. He's never been placed in that situation, never hit a big shot, never been the main ball handler...so now is not the time to change it up. Gotta stick with Hedo. He's done it before, he's done it for the last two years. He might have had a few bad games, but his track record is too good to give up on him.

We are going to live and die in the hands of Hedo and Shard on offense. As they go, the Magic go. Gotta stick with our guns, and what's got us here. And it's been them offensively.

BTownTeamsRKing
05-14-2009, 05:05 PM
As a Celtics fan, I trully hope they force the ball to Dwight. He has zero post moves. His passing ability is extremely limited. He relies soley on athleticism and size to score. If the magic force the ball to Dwight, that takes away shots from Lewis and the turkish one. Both of which have burned the Celtics with 3's.

Be my guest magic. force that ball to howard and I will be thrilled because that garrauntees one Boston team in the ECF.

LETS GO CELTICS!!!!

also, GO B's! Big night in Boston.

BTownTeamsRKing
05-14-2009, 05:06 PM
Manram, everything your saying is true and correct in my estimation, but will u please condense that lol its like reading a term paper.

ManRam
05-14-2009, 05:09 PM
Manram, everything your saying is true and correct in my estimation, but will u please condense that lol its like reading a term paper.

Haha...I know. I just got so worked up. I click submit and look back and say "damn". Sorry.

Dwight needs some criticism. Hopefully it lights a fire under his arse. Right now he's Superman. Everyone who doesn't actually watch him play thinks he's an offensive beast when he's far from it. Hopefully this series motivates him to improve his skill-sets. Then maybe he'll be worthy of his title as Superman.

macc
05-14-2009, 05:28 PM
Well we'll see what happens tonight. I hope SVG doesn't try to force Howard the ball to much to the point it messes up the flow of our offense. Its games like this that hurt us the worst w/o our floor leader in Nelson. He was shooting over 50% from the field and over 45% from the 3 spot. As well as making big shots all year.

In any case we'll have to work with what we got.

On a side note, I don't know what's worse, Big Baby making game winners against us, or the stupid facial expressions me makes after hitting big shots. He's becoming and uglier version of Garnett.

Go Magic!

ManRam
05-14-2009, 06:20 PM
Well we'll see what happens tonight. I hope SVG doesn't try to force Howard the ball to much to the point it messes up the flow of our offense. Its games like this that hurt us the worst w/o our floor leader in Nelson. He was shooting over 50% from the field and over 45% from the 3 spot. As well as making big shots all year.

In any case we'll have to work with what we got.

On a side note, I don't know what's worse, Big Baby making game winners against us, or the stupid facial expressions me makes after hitting big shots. He's becoming and uglier version of Garnett.

Go Magic!

Jameer is the key. With him I doubt we're down 3-2 right now. His chemistry with Dwight is amazing. No one on this team has the and ability create good shots (dunks) for Dwight like he can. He looks for Dwight, unlike Hedo and Shard, when penetrating..but he never forces it to him. He was the offensive tempo. Sure, we didn't fall off too much without him, but his shooting (Rafer is building a brick house) and leadership (he was the floor general) were what made this offense go.

But it doesn't matter. You gotta live with it. Just look at who the C's are missing.

And I'm sick of Big Baby too.

Go Magic!

KmB728
05-14-2009, 06:39 PM
:pray: end this tonight!

good luck Magic fans.. should be a great game

bostncelts34
05-14-2009, 07:18 PM
Id love for us to win tonight. but i have tickets to game 7 as well. haha

C MAC
05-14-2009, 07:19 PM
The Celtics team defense looks very good so far. I haven't seen it look this good since KG went down.

bostncelts34
05-14-2009, 07:21 PM
big perk!

C MAC
05-14-2009, 07:37 PM
I like Mickaël Piétrus game. He's very good coming off the bench. I'd love to see him in Boston.

bostncelts34
05-14-2009, 07:40 PM
perk just absolutely bullied d12

C MAC
05-14-2009, 07:42 PM
perk just absolutely bullied d12

I said before this series started that Perk gives Howard all types of problems and everyone except for Celtics fans that seen it with their own eyes before told me I was crazy. Who's the crazy one now?

KmB728
05-14-2009, 07:55 PM
Huslte point for Scal!

KmB728
05-14-2009, 07:55 PM
And now the 3 ball!

bostncelts34
05-14-2009, 07:57 PM
the veal is fo' real yo.

C MAC
05-14-2009, 08:03 PM
I love Piétrus. He reminds me of James Posey. He does the same things. He's keeping Orlando in this game.

macc
05-14-2009, 08:04 PM
Ray Allen is like Rip when it comes to moving without the ball, he does a good job of setting screens and getting open shots. We need to focus on Lewis being our # 1 scorer and Howard # 2.

bostncelts34
05-14-2009, 08:06 PM
i think the whole "feed the ball to dwight thing" is hurting you. You guys have a huge advantage with your shard-scal/davis matchup. Go to that first.

KmB728
05-14-2009, 08:07 PM
Big Kendrick!

C MAC
05-14-2009, 08:08 PM
Terrible call that was.

macc
05-14-2009, 08:10 PM
i think the whole "feed the ball to dwight thing" is hurting you. You guys have a huge advantage with your shard-scal/davis matchup. Go to that first.

I agree, its like our guys are looking for howard before they even look at the open shot they have

Sweet tie game....bout time

KmB728
:mad:

C MAC
Perkins got hacked before the offensive foul. Basketball is the only sport where a team playing awful can stay in the game because of poor officiating. It's sad but true.

macc
05-14-2009, 08:11 PM
I love Piétrus. He reminds me of James Posey. He does the same things. He's keeping Orlando in this game.

Yes he's one of my fav players on my team, i've watched him all year and I see what he's capable of. I know his offensive skill set and it gets frusturating when he doesn't use it.

durtee
05-14-2009, 08:12 PM
Terrible call that was.

I sure hope that you aren't talking about the offensive foul on Perk, because that is about as obvious as they get.

Also, the fast break that shortly followed was one of the ugliest fast breaks I have seen this post season.

macc
05-14-2009, 08:12 PM
I can't think of anyone in the league who's better at the fake shot draw a foul then Pierce is

C MAC
05-14-2009, 08:13 PM
I sure hope that you aren't talking about the offensive foul on Perk, because that is about as obvious as they get.

Also, the fast break that shortly followed was one of the ugliest fast breaks I have seen this post season.

No I was talking about the call where Redick was falling out of bounds and got bailed out with a bogus call.

Jay22Redd
05-14-2009, 08:14 PM
I can't think of anyone in the league who's better at the fake shot draw a foul then Pierce is

kobe does it nice

durtee
05-14-2009, 08:14 PM
i can't think of anyone in the league who's better at the fake shot draw a foul then pierce is

+1

bostncelts34
05-14-2009, 08:15 PM

Agreed. He has mastered it.

Hawkize31
05-14-2009, 08:16 PM

+1

But its smart I guess. He gets the call.

ManRam
05-14-2009, 08:17 PM
Good half for Howard, Pietrus and Lewis. Bad for everyone else.

Howard is having a great ball...not because he's demanding the ball...but because he's letting it come to him. He's taken two bad shots, and really only had to make a move twice, but it doesn't matter, he's cleaning up down low...what he's best at.

Hopefully the Magic shooters start hitting the open shots. They aren't doing much wrong offensively...they just haven't made the shots they can and need to make.

Should be a goooood second half. Let's go MAGIC!

KmB728
05-14-2009, 08:22 PM
Cant wait for the second half, i think this one is gunna be close all the way till the final buzzer

Hawkize31
05-14-2009, 08:26 PM
Cant wait for the second half, i think this one is gunna be close all the way till the final buzzer

If Glen Davis wins it on another buzzer beater I think Magic fans will mass suicide.

SideWinder989
05-14-2009, 08:27 PM
is jeff van gundy - stan van gundy's brother? :O

KmB728
05-14-2009, 08:28 PM
If Glen Davis wins it on another buzzer beater I think Magic fans will mass suicide.

:laugh: but i would laugh for the next few hours if Glen hit another one!

and yes Sidewinder they are brothers

bostncelts34
05-14-2009, 08:30 PM

Ill get the kool-aid ready for you all.

C MAC
05-14-2009, 08:37 PM
Boston had this game and they let Orlando back into it. Usually it will come back to bite you in the end when you let a team back into a game like that.

C MAC
05-14-2009, 08:40 PM
Rashard Lewis took about 5 steps on that play before the foul too. Missed them both though because the ball always tells the truth unlike the refs.

BIGpoppaRose33
05-14-2009, 08:41 PM
Rondo is making some bad passes..

KmB728
05-14-2009, 08:41 PM
Rondoooooooo

Arac
05-14-2009, 08:44 PM
Good start for Boston. I love how everytime that Pierce's getting double teamed, Rondo is sneaking right under the basket. Howard commits after the pass, easy deuce for Perk.

Ryan328
05-14-2009, 08:47 PM
Hmm Orlando gonna score this quarter?

C MAC
That first block by Dwight Howard was a goal tend in a haf man.

Ryan328
Finally

C MAC
05-14-2009, 08:49 PM
Rondo is killing it.

Hawkize31
Boston starters are 1 for 8 from three, Orlando's are 1 for 9...

Does anyone want to win this series?

Edit: And Turkoglu, Redick, and Alston were a combined 3 for 20 shooting before that layup. Thats not good.

Ryan328
Lot of no calls

C MAC
05-14-2009, 08:50 PM
Boston has to wake up. Baby should never have his back turned away from the basket that long. That is so not his game.

Arac
05-14-2009, 08:51 PM
Wow, Glen could have been called for his 5th. I'm glad he wasn't, though.

Oh, and a reminder: keep that beat Dwight off the god damn offensive boards! God damn!

KmB728
05-14-2009, 08:54 PM
:no: Dont call that weak **** on Perk!

bostncelts34
05-14-2009, 08:54 PM
rondo is just sneaky. wow.

Sportfan
05-14-2009, 08:56 PM
2 key FT's hit right there

Ryan328
05-14-2009, 08:56 PM
Howard is like the only one for Orlando actually playing

Sportfan
05-14-2009, 08:57 PM
rejected!

C MAC
05-14-2009, 08:58 PM
The momentum in this game is starting to favor Orlando. The crowd is back into it and it is going at the pace Orlando wants. Not good for Boston at all.

Ryan328
Orlando playing better D now

penuch
Why did Alston just kiss the refs head?

Sportfan
05-14-2009, 09:00 PM
what was that alston?

Ryan328
Howard!

bostncelts34
Why did Alston just kiss the refs head?

practicing his apology to Eddie.

Sportfan
the crowd is really getting into this game now

KmB728
05-14-2009, 09:02 PM
These announcers cant pronounce scalabrine...

Vincent
05-14-2009, 09:02 PM
That foul call for Rondo was kind of bogus, looked like he pushed off

Sportfan
05-14-2009, 09:04 PM
this crowd needs to calm down lol

Sportfan
05-14-2009, 09:05 PM
so many in and out shots

Vincent
Courtney Lee looked like Rip Hamilton on that play

bostncelts34
Well, if the celtics keep playing like this..my tickets for game 7 will be usefull.

Ryan328
05-14-2009, 09:06 PM
good quarter

Sportfan
05-14-2009, 09:06 PM
Courtney Lee looked like Rip Hamilton on that play

lol so i wasnt the only 1 who noticed that

Ryan328
05-14-2009, 09:11 PM
cant make ft's

KmB728
05-14-2009, 09:13 PM
Stephon is gettin heated

i can only imagine how many threads will be made tommorow

"Stephon has really changed since joining the Celtics! hes so classless!" :laugh2:

Ryan328
05-14-2009, 09:15 PM
tied up

Hawkize31
05-14-2009, 09:15 PM
What just happened? Gamecast says double technical on Turkoglu...

Vincent
05-14-2009, 09:17 PM
"High Schoolers shoot better than 53% from the line" LOL

Vincent
05-14-2009, 09:17 PM

T on Marbury
T on Turkoglu

Ryan328
05-14-2009, 09:18 PM

He and Marbury exchanged words thats about it

Sportfan
lee rejected by big perk!

Ryan328
Lewis!

Sportfan
05-14-2009, 09:19 PM
magic leading

KmB728
All aboard the Rondo train!

Vincent
Wow

Rondo with a 3?

Sportfan
rondo!

C MAC
Pietrus traveled on that play where the Magic took their 1st lead.

Ryan328
Rondo hittin' 3s

championships
05-14-2009, 09:20 PM
Good hard fought game. Great to watch

Vincent
05-14-2009, 09:21 PM
Good hard fought game. Great to watch

A lot of misses though

Wilson
05-14-2009, 09:21 PM
Stephon is gettin heated

i can only imagine how many threads will be made tommorow

"Stephon has really changed since joining the Celtics! hes so classless!" :laugh2:

Hey, it's better than being a fan of a terrible team, where no-one cares what the players do...

Try this (http://channelsurfing.net/watch-nba-playoffs.html) if you can't watch the game on the TV...

I just tuned in, looks like I've missed quite a game. Hopefully the Magic can pull it out and extend the series...

C MAC
05-14-2009, 09:23 PM
The momentum is totally going Orlando's way now. I can't see them losing this game. It will not happen.

TheBlackHole
:laugh: :laugh:
lmao Did anyone see the kobe & lebron muppet commercial, hilarious!

KmB728
The Truth draws another foul :clap:

KmB728
05-14-2009, 09:24 PM
:laugh: :laugh:
lmao Did anyone see the kobe & lebron muppet commercial, hilarious!

Haha that was a great commercial

Vincent
Wow

Courtney Lee is a baller

Ryan328
nice play by lee

C MAC
That's all she wrote. We're going back to Boston. Yes!

IndiansFan337
05-14-2009, 09:25 PM
This game is turning in Orlando's favor...

Ryan328
5 pt lead

KmB728
That's all she wrote. We're going back to Boston. Yes!

Theres nearly 7 minutes left....

Duncan = Donkey
orlando are heating it up

Sportfan
the magic are really hot

Vincent
Rashard Lewis is a really tough matchup for the Celtics when he attacks the basket

C MAC
05-14-2009, 09:26 PM
Orlando got this one in the bag. Now we have all the momentum going into game 7! Good bye Boston. Yeah!

IndiansFan337
05-14-2009, 09:27 PM
Scalabrine can't guard anyone on the floor. They need to go to zone when he's on the floor, but they can't do that against such a great 3 point shooting team.

Ryan328
05-14-2009, 09:27 PM
that talk is a little premature, no?

Wilson
05-14-2009, 09:28 PM
Orlando got this one in the bag. Now we have all the momentum going into game 7! Good bye Boston. Yeah!

It's a five point game with over six minutes left, it's definately not over yet, especially when you're playing the Celtics. If they've shown us anything this year, it's that they won't go down easily...

Sportfan
05-14-2009, 09:28 PM
man usaully we are at 20 pages at this point of celtics games, this place is dead

Sportfan
05-14-2009, 09:29 PM

in a 3 point game with 6 min left?

Ryan328
back to back hoops from pierce

Sportfan
pierce has been cold all game. 2 straight FG's right there

KmB728
05-14-2009, 09:30 PM
The Truthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hey C-Mac, the game is over right!?

Sportfan
pierce!

IndiansFan337
Somebody better put a body on PP, wherever he is on the court...

Wilson
See, it's most certainly not over yet...

Hawkize31
Lol, choke job starting again for orlando.

C MAC
05-14-2009, 09:31 PM
Orlando will still win this game. I guarantee it.

Corey
05-14-2009, 09:32 PM

That's pretty premature.

Joshtd1
05-14-2009, 09:32 PM
Pierce heating up..

Ryan328
05-14-2009, 09:33 PM
Turk cant hit a thing

Hawkize31
05-14-2009, 09:34 PM
That's pretty premature.

I've heard that before.

Ryan328
2 key misses

KmB728
Hack a Dwight in effect

Ryan328
Alston!

Sportfan
05-14-2009, 09:35 PM
alston with a big 3

Sportfan
05-14-2009, 09:35 PM
once again tied game

KmB728
05-14-2009, 09:36 PM
What was that call!

bostncelts34
05-14-2009, 09:36 PM
crazy game...

ARE MY GAME 7 TICKETS USELESS OR NO? THE ANTICIPATION IS KILLING ME.

Sportfan
05-14-2009, 09:37 PM
the magic havent been good at all from the line

KmB728
:pray:

WhiteyBulger
20 plus turnovers will not win you a game. We are going back to Boston.

Wilson
05-14-2009, 09:38 PM
Huge opportunity for Orlando here, make it at least a three point game!

KmB728
Scal with the big block!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

penuch
Who said Scal cant guard...... Nice block scal

Wilson
Wow, Scal with a huge block!

penuch
05-14-2009, 09:39 PM
crazy game...

ARE MY GAME 7 TICKETS USELESS OR NO? THE ANTICIPATION IS KILLING ME.

They better be useless!!!

Sportfan
Scal!

bostncelts34
the veal is definitly real.

penuch
Pierce missing at the line :pity:

Sportfan
wow

Ryan328
wow paul missed 2

Duncan = Donkey
05-14-2009, 09:40 PM
crucial miss FT's by pp

Joshtd1
So I see Dwight has 23 pts. Have a bunch of them come off him demanding the ball and scoring in the post, or off his usual putbacks and set ups from other players?

Hawkize31
Hmm, a rare 2 misses by Pierce.

KmB728
i still cant believe Scal blocked Rashard

Sportfan
allen better find his shot we're prolly gonna need his 3

Corey
Eh, no excuse for missed free throws, but he did eat **** on that play. His legs didn't brace him and he landed right on his back..

He definitely should have at least made one though.

Arac
05-14-2009, 09:41 PM
Damn, Pierce stepping up to the line and missing both?!

That's just uncharacteristic.

Corey
So I see Dwight has 23 pts. Have a bunch of them come off him demanding the ball and scoring in the post, or off his usual putbacks and set ups from other players?

The usual stuff, to be honest. He's had a lot of good put backs, but that's expected from him. He's only had a few real post ups.

KmB728
Lets go boys, end it tonight!

Vincent
05-14-2009, 09:42 PM

Mixture

KmB728
D-up!

Ryan328
Hedo big shot

Vincent
Wow airball by Rondo, turns into huge three by Turk

Sportfan
uh oh

Corey
Clutch bucket by Turk.

Hawkize31
Dagger.

Corey
05-14-2009, 09:43 PM
Alston got a chunk of the shot on Rondo's 3.

Duncan = Donkey
up by 6, with 1;23 left.
will orlando finally hold on to a lead and close the game out

KmB728
****!

its still not over though plenty of time... especially when you have Pierce, Allen, and House who can all shoot the 3 even scal!

Sportfan
05-14-2009, 09:44 PM
TO are killing us

WhiteyBulger
That's exactly what happens when you turn the ball over 20 plus times. I don't feel one bit bad for the Celtics. They deserve to lose this game and the series.

Wilson
Eh, no excuse for missed free throws, but he did eat **** on that play. His legs didn't brace him and he landed right on his back..

He definitely should have at least made one though.

A good amount of it is probably fatigue as well. He's played a lot of games over the last two seasons, and he's had to work extra hard with KG gone, and a tough seven game series.

penuch
Thats not the 1st time in the playoffs that Paul has missed big shot late in the game when the team really needed it, which is weird cause it seemed last year he couldn't miss on a big shot.

Duncan = Donkey
orlando have this

penuch
05-14-2009, 09:45 PM
Celtics are just giving this away right now

Ryan328
Lewis needs both here

Ryan328
there's 1

KmB728
That's exactly what happens when you turn the ball over 20 plus times. I don't feel one bit bad for the Celtics. They deserve to lose this game and the series.

Well your just one pocket full of sunshine arent you :laugh2:

penuch
Gotta say thats game.

Hawkize31
Well, sloppy game by both sides, but Orlando held on barely. Game 7 should be good.

macc
Lewis & Turk coming up clutch for us. Finsh them off

Sportfan
that sealed the deal IMO

championships
Nervous time Celtics

penuch
05-14-2009, 09:46 PM

Well aren't you just a great fan..... Feel free to jump off the bandwagon at anytime.

KmB728
:sigh:

macc
49 sec left..... Lets go Magic!!

WhiteyBulger
05-14-2009, 09:47 PM
Thats not the 1st time in the playoffs that Paul has missed big shot late in the game when the team really needed it, which is weird cause it seemed last year he couldn't miss on a big shot.

It's been happening since he's been in the NBA. He will hit FTS all game long until the game depends on it and then he chokes. He's been like that his entire career.

Wilson
If I'm a Celtics fan, I'm at least feeling confident because we were in it 'til the end, even after twenty turn overs.

Still fifty seconds left though, who knows what could happen?

penuch
They need to just make quick shots really.

goku
celtics love game 7 i see

Sportfan
Allen and Pierce need to shoot the ball better in Game 7 if the celtics want to win this series

penuch
05-14-2009, 09:48 PM
Well that did it..... Game 7 here we come. Celtics got this 17-3 all times in Game 7s at home. They just want to win in front of the home fans:D

macc
Game 7. Anything can happen baby. Good game Boston fans. See ya on Sunday

KmB728
Congrats Magic fans :clap:

Game 7 in Boston its on!

:pray: Epic return of KG

Ryan328
05-14-2009, 09:49 PM
Let's go 7!!!

WhiteyBulger
05-14-2009, 09:49 PM
Well that did it..... Game 7 here we come. Celtics got this 17-3 all times in Game 7s at home. They just want to win in front of the home fans:D

If they turn the ball over 20 times on Sunday they will lose in front of the home fans.

KmB728
05-14-2009, 09:51 PM
If they turn the ball over 20 times on Sunday they will lose in front of the home fans.

You have such a negative attitude...

Sportfan
Congrats Magic fans :clap:

Game 7 in Boston its on!

:pray: Epic return of KG

I severley doubt KG comes back for Game 7 Sunday

Bullsfan22
rondo 8-19 too much field goal attempts, he almost had as much as pierce and allen combined. when rondo shoots that much the celtics will lose all the time because his scoring efficiency is extremely low.

Sportfan
05-14-2009, 09:52 PM

are you a C's fan?

ManRam
YAY! Game 7 baby. Hopefully the better team prevails ;)

KmB728
I severley doubt KG comes back for Game 7 Sunday

I know :sigh:

just wishful thinking

penuch
05-14-2009, 09:53 PM
Clearly the pivotal moment of this game was PP missing the two free throws. Pretty much the 2nd game he has lost us during these playoffs.

NYMetros
Ray Allen sucks again.

goku
i could see kg coming back next round

KmB728
05-14-2009, 09:54 PM
Clearly the pivotal moment of this game was PP missing the two free throws. Pretty much the 2nd game he has lost us during these playoffs.

Well he pretty much ate **** 5 seconds before shooting the foul shots.. we cant really blame it all on him.

NYMetros
05-14-2009, 09:55 PM

Pierce; 6-14, 17 points
Ray: 2-11, 5 points

Yeah, Pierce single-handedly lost you the game. :rolleyes:

Pierce was the Celtics best player tonight.

Sportfan
05-14-2009, 09:55 PM
rondo 8-19 too much field goal attempts, he almost had as much as pierce and allen combined. when rondo shoots that much the celtics will lose all the time because his scoring efficiency is extremely low.

um no what are you talking about? When Allen(especially) and Pierce( in the 2nd half) arent hitting down their shots what else is Rondo supposed to do?

Sportfan
05-14-2009, 09:56 PM
i could see kg coming back next round

same here I think that's the only reason Im happy about a Game 7. Gives KG more time to heal so he can return if we move to the next round against the cavs

Sportfan
05-14-2009, 09:57 PM
Pierce; 6-14, 17 points

Pierce wasnt much of a factor in the 2nd half

ManRam
05-14-2009, 10:00 PM

I pray you're being sarcastic. Did you not see the 7 points he scored in a span on like one minute late in the 4th??? He was definitely a factor. He did miss two free throws...but look how many the Magic missed. Pierce is the last person I'd fault. In fact, he's the only one, besides maybe Rondo, who showed up at all in the 4th.

Sportfan
05-14-2009, 10:01 PM
I pray you're being sarcastic. Did you not see the 7 points he scored in a span on like one minute late in the 4th??? He was definitely a factor. He did miss two free throws...but look how many the Magic missed. Pierce is the last person I'd fault. In fact, he's the only one, besides maybe Rondo, who showed up at all in the 4th.

take away that 1 min and what did pierce do during the 3rd and quarter? exactly

NYMetros
05-14-2009, 10:02 PM

I concur with what ManRam said. Also, did you not see that the Magic were doubling Pierce 90% of the time? That is the reason why Rondo had such a good game, it opened up wide passing lanes and left guys wide open for jumpers.

You don't have to score to be a factor.

Bullsfan22
05-14-2009, 10:03 PM
Pierce; 6-14, 17 points

rondo shot 8-19 with 6 assist and 5 turnovers, he needed to get pierce and ray allen the ball in rhythm.

ManRam
05-14-2009, 10:03 PM
That was great typical Dwight Howard basketball. He was the reason he got his touches. You can't complain about not getting them when you do everything you can to get them. Not only did he grab an ungodly amount of offensive boards, but he established position low in the post, demanded the ball, and since he was low, he was able to capitalize. He didn't get 4th quarter touches, but the Magic are better off when they don't try to force the offense through him late in games.

Glad he had a huge game. Hopefully he comes out like that again in game 7. He was a monster.

NYMetros
05-14-2009, 10:04 PM
rondo shot 8-19 with 6 assist and 5 turnovers, he needed to get pierce and ray allen the ball in rhythm.

Read my post above this one. Pierce was doubled almost every time, gave Rondo a lot of room to do his thing.

ManRam
05-14-2009, 10:07 PM
take away that 1 min and what did pierce do during the 3rd and quarter? exactly

Well. He went 0-2, made two free throws, had 2 rebounds, a steal and an assist. Thing is, the Celtics had a total of 16 points in the 3rd...and 13 in the 4th. No one else scored in the third besides Davis, Rondo and Perkins...why aren't you yelling at House, Allen, Scal, etc.

Pierce had half your 4th quarter points. It's not his fault.

I am also a Paul Pierce homer. He's my favorite player...but still, it was far from his fault. He and Rondo and Perk were the only ones who showed up. It's Allen's fault, Davis' fault, House's fault well before it's Pierce's. He tried.

ManRam
05-14-2009, 10:09 PM
Read my post above this one. Pierce was doubled almost every time, gave Rondo a lot of room to do his thing.

Under exaggeration.

The Magic didn't guard Rondo for half the game. He had more than "a lot of room". He had a ton of room. The doubled Pierce every time he had the ball. Whoever was guarding Rajon would run across the court if he had to to double Pierce.

SoxRTattedOnMe
05-14-2009, 10:12 PM
so umm I did not watch the game yeah sorry but automatically other than boston losing I noticed the HUGE difference in free throws attemps... what happened was it the good ol home court advantage or were the celts really hacking?

ManRam
05-14-2009, 10:16 PM
so umm I did not watch the game yeah sorry but automatically other than boston losing I noticed the HUGE difference in free throws attemps... what happened was it the good ol home court advantage or were the celts really hacking?

If you were a Magic fan at the game...you would have thought the game was rigged against the home team. The crowd was chanting "refs, you suck". If you were KG on the bench, you would have felt otherwise. It was one of those games.

It was an evenly called game. Some ticky-tack fouls both ways, but it didn't favor either team. 12 of the FT attempts were on Dwight, and all of them were legit. 8 were on Rashard, and all of those were drives to the hoop.

The Magic slashed a lot more than the Celtics. Also, the Magic didn't guard Rondo really at all, giving him a ton of space, so he wasn't able to draw many fouls.

SoxRTattedOnMe
05-14-2009, 10:24 PM
If you were a Magic fan at the game...you would have thought the game was rigged against the home team. The crowd was chanting "refs, you suck". If you were KG on the bench, you would have felt otherwise. It was one of those games.

It was an evenly called game. Some ticky-tack fouls both ways, but it didn't favor either team. 12 of the FT attempts were on Dwight, and all of them were legit. 8 were on Rashard, and all of those were drives to the hoop.

The Magic slashed a lot more than the Celtics. Also, the Magic didn't guard Rondo really at all, giving him a ton of space, so he wasn't able to draw many fouls.

I did c the 1st quarter and it looked like the refs were gonna let them play I recall one of the announcers mentioning that. I also saw howards tech lol thought it was funny lol

penuch
05-14-2009, 10:44 PM
Pierce; 6-14, 17 points

No he didn't really lose single handedly lose the game but when he miss 2 FT that could tie the game and then put them up but one then that is going to be more scrutinized than missing a FT in the 1st-3rd qtr.

DenButsu
05-14-2009, 11:11 PM
What a great, gutsy win by the Magic. It would have been real easy for them to collapse and cave in after that last game, with all the drama and the hype of Dwight's comments about SVG. Way for Howard to bounce back - a great, professional performance for him to step up like that. Should set the stage for an awesome game 7.

BTownTeamsRKing
05-15-2009, 12:05 AM
garbage. straight garbage.

well i predicted it, Celtics in 7.

Sportfan
05-15-2009, 06:58 AM
Well. He went 0-2, made two free throws, had 2 rebounds, a steal and an assist. Thing is, the Celtics had a total of 16 points in the 3rd...and 13 in the 4th. No one else scored in the third besides Davis, Rondo and Perkins...why aren't you yelling at House, Allen, Scal, etc.

Pierce had half your 4th quarter points. It's not his fault.

I am also a Paul Pierce homer. He's my favorite player...but still, it was far from his fault. He and Rondo and Perk were the only ones who showed up. It's Allen's fault, Davis' fault, House's fault well before it's Pierce's. He tried.

umm maybe because Pierce is right now the best player on the team and the leader? I said in that post that it was allen's fault also, but the rest of those players are role players

theimortalone
05-15-2009, 09:50 AM
Great win by Orlando last night!