PDA

View Full Version : Here is hoping to Round 2: Lakers vs Celtics

Boston Faithful
05-13-2009, 05:45 PM
Lakers vs. Celtics. Round 2. That would be amazing. Presuming the Lakers get past the Rockets and the Celtics past the Magic, they'll have to face the Cavs and the Nuggets.

These series won't be easy at all, but I'm rooting for the Lakers to get in - because I want to face them again. I want to face the best.

NYKnickFanatic
05-13-2009, 05:49 PM
Nuggets will beat the Lakers.
Cavs will beat the Celtics.

Not happening.

GspLAL
05-13-2009, 05:52 PM
Nuggets will beat the Lakers.
Cavs will beat the Celtics.

Not happening.

:laugh:

But yeah, another Lakers Celtics would be awesome.

XJW18
05-13-2009, 05:58 PM
Nuggets Lakers is going to be awesome!
Can't say im not Nervous about it though..

madiaz3
05-13-2009, 06:13 PM
I think on an average day the Lakers are a better team than the nuggets. But the Nuggets have a few more guys that are really capable of going off and exploding for 30+ points, Billups, Melo and JR Smith. The Lakers have Kobe but no one else really is a bomb waiting to go off on the Lakers. So for a series, Denver has more variable players which can go strongly in favor or against them. Either way, I'm really looking forward to that series, I see it being even better than the Houston series because the Lakers will have no reason to play down to their opponents when they play a healthy second seed in the conference finals.

As for the Celtics in the finals, I just don't like the potential asterisk when the series is looked back upon when the Lakers presumably win. Lose vs Celtics with KG and then beat them without him the following year.

Speaking of the Celtics though, (although I'm not 100% on the current signing situation for a lot of their players) next year's team has the potential to be the best Celtics team in the past 3 years, even better than the one that won the championship. The Celtic role players were no where near where they are now when they won it all, and I can only see their role player dominance (which ironically was everyone's greatest fear when they made the Allen and KG trade) extending the longevity of the big 3's top tier play. As much as I hate to say it, even a shell of Marbury's former-self after a full season next year with the Celtics will still be better than most teams starting point guards. Somehow I also don't forsee any more KG making big baby cry moments next season because their former bench (Glen Davis mostly) has proved they can handle closing out games, let alone close playoff games. A frontline of a healthy Powe, Davis, KG and Perkins is seriously a dangerous and deep frontcourt only rivaled by the now defunct Yao/Mutumbo/Landry/Scola of the Rockets.

Nexy year, If the Cavs make any sort of improvement, along with a healthy Jameer Nelson (who I still feel is better than Mo Williams) on the Magic, then the Eastern Conference will once again be the conference to watch come playoff time. It's a shame that so many teams were cut down at full strength this year, I could live with any of the following teams playing each other in the finals if they were all healthy, Nuggets, Lakers, Rockets, Cavs, Celtics, Magic.

BTownTeamsRKing
05-13-2009, 06:21 PM
madiaz speaken truth.

Of course I want a Celtics vs. Lakers Finals. THERE IS NOTHING LIKE IT IN SPORTS. not even Patriots vs. Colts or even Red Sox vs. Yankees, nor Bruins vs. Canadians can match it.

I love being from Boston. Never a dull moment in Boston Sports.

KW93KB24
05-13-2009, 06:22 PM
im sorry, but the nuggets are going to be a cake walk and i think im the only one here that doesnt take them seriously, i think LA will beat them 4-0 or 4-1 (quote me if you want) and im hoping boston beats the **** out the cavs because frankly there not very good and i think they're the most overrated team in the nba, so in the end i will be rooting for the celtics till they make the finals and then i will ****en hate them if they play LA.

Cubs Win
05-13-2009, 06:22 PM
I'd rather not see Celtics-Lakers. KG and many other Celtics are classless so I hope they have no more success in their careers.

I wouldn't mind seeing Cavs-Lakers (LeBron v. Kobe)
-If the Cavs won it could be seen almost as an official changing of the guard as the best player in the NBA.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Cavs-Nuggets (LeBron v. Melo)
-It would be kinda cool because its 2 of the top 3 selections from a draft many consider among the greatest of all time.

The Magic would be cool too cause I like watching Superman but they haven't been letting him go off much this postseason and as a team they haven't been too fun to watch while playing the Celtics thus far.

madiaz3
05-13-2009, 06:41 PM
Calm down ladies.

madiaz3
05-13-2009, 06:56 PM
I'd rather not see Celtics-Lakers. KG and many other Celtics are classless so I hope they have no more success in their careers.

I wouldn't mind seeing Cavs-Lakers (LeBron v. Kobe)
-If the Cavs won it could be seen almost as an official changing of the guard as the best player in the NBA.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Cavs-Nuggets (LeBron v. Melo)
-It would be kinda cool because its 2 of the top 3 selections from a draft many consider among the greatest of all time.

The Magic would be cool too cause I like watching Superman but they haven't been letting him go off much this postseason and as a team they haven't been too fun to watch while playing the Celtics thus far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP4aMOFhm7M&fmt=18

If the finals matchup happened, it would be Melo's big chance to really say to the league, I belong with Wade and Lebron and that they have NOT elevated themselves out of reach from him.

Hawkize31
05-13-2009, 07:04 PM
I'm just gonna delete this post before someone else does. Never mind. I'll just say that I believe you are wrong, as do the vast majority of sports viewers.

tdunk21
05-13-2009, 07:08 PM
celtics lakers would be nice...but can the celtics really beat well rested cavs??? i dont think so...

jimbobjarree
05-13-2009, 07:10 PM
nor do I, I can see Celtics Cavs going to 7 games however, since all of Boston's series do....except for the LA finals series last year :D

Wilson
05-13-2009, 07:24 PM
Looks like I missed the party...

nor do I, I can see Celtics Cavs going to 7 games however, since all of Boston's series do....except for the LA finals series last year :D

:guns: :guns:

I wouldn't mind another Lakers/Celtics series, both teams need to focus on the task at hand though. Houston and Orlando won't go down without a fight, nor will Denver or Cleveland...

C MAC
Nuggets vs. Cavs in the finals definitely. Even if the Lakers get by the Nuggets, which they will not do, it doesn't even matter because the Cavs can't be beaten.

madiaz3
celtics lakers would be nice...but can the celtics really beat well rested cavs??? i dont think so...

They can certainly put some fatigue on them for the first time...
Spike strip to slow down a speeding truck heading westward...

NYKnickFanatic
05-13-2009, 08:46 PM
:laugh:

But yeah, another Lakers Celtics would be awesome.

im sorry, but the nuggets are going to be a cake walk and i think im the only one here that doesnt take them seriously, i think LA will beat them 4-0 or 4-1 (quote me if you want) and im hoping boston beats the **** out the cavs because frankly there not very good and i think they're the most overrated team in the nba, so in the end i will be rooting for the celtics till they make the finals and then i will ****en hate them if they play LA.

Wow. Im seriously amazed how people sleep on the Nuggets...

still1ballin
05-13-2009, 09:35 PM
Lakers Celtics II would be amazing. The ratings will skyrocket. It will be good for the NBA....I hope this happens.

cmstophe
05-13-2009, 09:48 PM
66-16, best player in the world, two playoff sweeps so far and gearing up for a third.

And the Cavs are overrated. Hmm.

showtym24
05-13-2009, 10:27 PM
Nuggets vs. Cavs in the finals definitely. Even if the Lakers get by the Nuggets, which they will not do, it doesn't even matter because the Cavs can't be beaten.

We beat them twice by double digits this year big guy. :pity:

Boston Faithful
05-13-2009, 10:28 PM
66-16, best player in the world, two playoff sweeps so far and gearing up for a third.

And the Cavs are overrated. Hmm.

The Cavs have one player. Take him off that team and they'd be instant lotto. Their chemistry would go down the *******. You'd have no one to penetrate and kick out. Wow, the Cavs are going to blow if they lose LeBron in 2010. Honestly, even Mo Williams is so overrated. He was just as good last year on the Bucks and no one thought he was anything special. The Cavs need to get over themselves. Besides LeBron - the Celtics have four players (KG, Allen, Pierce, Rondo) who blow away anyone else on the Cavs. I really really wish KG comes back if the Celtics get past the Magic, I don't even think it will be a contest.

showtym24
05-13-2009, 10:29 PM
Wow. Im seriously amazed how people sleep on the Nuggets...

Nuggets wont be a cake walk at all. But i'm very confident we will beat them in 6.

Ballah0liC1
05-13-2009, 10:41 PM

didnt u say that about houston, denver has a full team of talented players, houston has 3 players injured and we forced u to 6 maybe 7

cmstophe
05-13-2009, 10:46 PM
The Cavs have one player. Take him off that team and they'd be instant lotto. Their chemistry would go down the *******. You'd have no one to penetrate and kick out. Wow, the Cavs are going to blow if they lose LeBron in 2010. Honestly, even Mo Williams is so overrated. He was just as good last year on the Bucks and no one thought he was anything special. The Cavs need to get over themselves. Besides LeBron - the Celtics have four players (KG, Allen, Pierce, Rondo) who blow away anyone else on the Cavs. I really really wish KG comes back if the Celtics get past the Magic, I don't even think it will be a contest.

What was the Cavs record this year?

And please tell me you know Boston is going to get destroyed by Cleveland. Please tell me you admit that much.

JordansBulls
05-13-2009, 10:53 PM

Mo Williams was already a 17 and 6 player before coming to Cleveland, so he was already a good player.

C MAC
05-13-2009, 10:53 PM
We beat them twice by double digits this year big guy. :pity:

We'll see. I would put $1000 on the Cavs to beat the Lakers in the finals just like I put $1000 on the Celtics to beat the Lakers last year and not even worry about losing the money for 1 second. Nobody can beat Cleveland this year. I'm not a Cavs fan at all. In fact I hate them and Lebron James but, they are easily the best team in the NBA.

C MAC
05-13-2009, 10:55 PM

And please tell me you know Boston is going to get destroyed by Cleveland. Please tell me you admit that much.

I don't know about destroyed because the Celtics put a beating on the Cavs without KG two weeks before the season ended. That was one of the worst beatings I saw all year. The Cavs will win that series and the finals but, the Celtics will make it a 6 game series.

cmstophe
05-13-2009, 10:56 PM
We'll see. I would put $1000 on the Cavs to beat the Lakers in the finals just like I put $1000 on the Celtics to beat the Lakers last year and not even worry about losing the money for 1 second. Nobody can beat Cleveland this year. I'm not a Cavs fan at all. In fact I hate them and Lebron James but, they are easily the best team in the NBA.

I wouldnt go that far. I think LA will be favored.

tdunk21
05-13-2009, 10:57 PM

figure out how u will beat the magic first ...then u can think about playin the cavs in the ECF....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-13-2009, 10:58 PM
I really wanted the Lakers to play Boston again this year. But with KG out, it would not be the same. So now I want to see the best healthy team left. Which would be the Cavs. Hopefully Boston will be healthy next year and the Lakers can get to the finals one more year

cmstophe
05-13-2009, 10:59 PM
figure out how u will beat the magic first ...then u can think about playin the cavs in the ECF....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

ChowdaHeadFan is in perfect position here. They can talk all the BS they want, if they win, consider it backed. If they lose, they have injury excuses.

C MAC
05-13-2009, 11:03 PM
I wouldnt go that far. I think LA will be favored.

Are you soft? The Cavs had the best record in the NBA and would have homecourt and you think the Lakers would be favored? No way they would be favored.

cmstophe
05-13-2009, 11:07 PM
Are you soft? The Cavs had the best record in the NBA and would have homecourt and you think the Lakers would be favored? No way they would be favored.

I'm a Cleveland fan. I'm waiting for the shoe to drop. And I honestly think LA is a much more talented team. LA beat the Cavs on their home court. Playoffs are different, but believe me, LA will be favored.

Boston Faithful
05-13-2009, 11:13 PM
Mo Williams was already a 17 and 6 player before coming to Cleveland, so he was already a good player.

He averaged that on a ****** team - that's like saying Mike James is good because he averaged 20 for Toronto one year.

The Cavs are role players and LeBron is never going to be Michael Jordan so he should stop trying. I hate Kobe and LeBron because they are Jordan-wannabes. I also hate Kobe because he's on the Lakers. There is just so much to dislike about them. While they do get ratings they will never do for the NBA what Michael Jordan did. He is the best of all-time, he did things that are unthinkable and he almost never failed in the clutch. In the modern day NBA - he won 6 championships in basically 6 yeras AND he came back at 39 years old and pre injury (2001-2002) at the All-Star break was averaging 25, 5 and 5. Let's see Kobe do that. **** them. The Cavs are never going to carry the legacy the Celtics have and LeBron/Kobe will never be Michael.

cmstophe
05-13-2009, 11:14 PM
He averaged that on a ****** team - that's like saying Mike James is good because he averaged 20 for Toronto one year.

The Cavs are role players and LeBron is never going to be Michael Jordan so he should stop trying. I hate Kobe and LeBron because they are Jordan-wannabes. I also hate Kobe because he's on the Lakers. There is just so much to dislike about them. While they do get ratings they will never do for the NBA what Michael Jordan did. He is the best of all-time, he did things that are unthinkable and he almost never failed in the clutch. In the modern day NBA - he won 6 championships in basically 6 yeras AND he came back at 39 years old and pre injury (2001-2002) at the All-Star break was averaging 25, 5 and 5. Let's see Kobe do that. **** them. The Cavs are never going to carry the legacy the Celtics have and LeBron/Kobe will never be Michael.

Do you ever smile? How about laugh?

How do you live your life with so much pent up rage and hate for everything around you?

Just asking.

Boston Faithful
05-13-2009, 11:15 PM

Destroyed? You've got to be kidding. The Celtics have played far better than anyone would have thought and you can argue the Magic are better than the Cavs. They have three lethal options in Hedo, Howard and Lewis and just as many three point shooters as the Cavs.

Plus, you cannot honestly sit there and tell me you think KG is going to sit on the bench for the Cavs series or especially, the NBA Finals.

Boston Faithful
05-13-2009, 11:16 PM
Do you ever smile? How about laugh?

How do you live your life with so much pent up rage and hate for everything around you?

Just asking.

I'm pretty sure I smile everyday. This is a sports forum, you are supposed to facilitate conversation and argument. There is just nothing to like about LeBron or Kobe.

cmstophe
05-13-2009, 11:18 PM
So, you think KG is coming back for the ECF? Man, I hope you're right.

C MAC
05-13-2009, 11:18 PM
I'm a Cleveland fan. I'm waiting for the shoe to drop. And I honestly think LA is a much more talented team. LA beat the Cavs on their home court. Playoffs are different, but believe me, LA will be favored.

LA will not be favored. Some people will pick them to win but, the Vegas line will definitely have the Cavs favored because of how good the Cavs are at home, what their record in the regular season was, and because they haven't came close to losing a playoff game yet. The Cavs will most definitely be favored to win though. That's a no brainer.

tdunk21
05-13-2009, 11:19 PM

did u even read the topic???no one compared lebron and kobe to jordan.....:rolleyes:

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-13-2009, 11:32 PM
did u even read the topic???no one compared lebron and kobe to jordan.....:rolleyes:

People will do that a lot. Even if a Kobe or Lebron fan never bring it up. If Lebron has a bad game, people will randomly and unprovoked come in here and say "See, Lebron aint no Jordan." As if thats an insult:laugh2: They have been doing it to Kobe for years and the better Lebron plays, the more they will say it. Maybe they are trying to convince themselves more than anything else :confused:

cmstophe
05-13-2009, 11:41 PM
People will do that a lot. Even if a Kobe or Lebron fan never bring it up. If Lebron has a bad game, people will randomly and unprovoked come in here and say "See, Lebron aint no Jordan." As if thats an insult:laugh2: They have been doing it to Kobe for years and the better Lebron plays, the more they will say it. Maybe they are trying to convince themselves more than anything else :confused:

They are jealous.

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-13-2009, 11:43 PM
They are jealous.

Might be. Im pretty sure they would want either of those players playing on their favorite team. I know I would :)

tdunk21
05-13-2009, 11:45 PM

kobe and lebron are not better than jordan and they cant be ......but i will kobe and lebron any day instead of KG, pierce and allen who struggled in their respective teams to even make playoffs......

what54!?
05-13-2009, 11:47 PM
the lakers have to get past the nuggets first and the C's the magic and cavs.

Lakergirl24
05-13-2009, 11:49 PM
Ive been wanting boston since you guys beat us last year. Im bummed garnett is injured cause I know you guys would beat the cavs. However, I think it will be Lakers-Cavs since there wont be KG playing. But stranger things have happened

cmstophe
05-13-2009, 11:51 PM
Ive been wanting boston since you guys beat us last year. Im bummed garnett is injured cause I know you guys would beat the cavs. However, I think it will be Lakers-Cavs since there wont be KG playing. But stranger things have happened

They wouldnt have beaten the Cavs without HCA anyways.

Lakergirl24
05-13-2009, 11:54 PM
They wouldnt have beaten the Cavs without HCA anyways.

I think they would but i guess we will never know.

cmstophe
05-13-2009, 11:55 PM
I think they would but i guess we will never know.

How so? They cannot win @ Quicken Loans.

Lebron23
05-14-2009, 12:16 AM
How so? They cannot win @ Quicken Loans.

Last time the Celtics won a game at the Quicken Loans Arena was back in the 2004-05 NBA Season.

With or Without KG the Cavaliers are 100% Focus on beating the Celtics in the playoffs.

:smoking::smoking::smoking:

Jack Kent Cooke
05-14-2009, 12:20 AM
Last time the Celtics won a game at the Quicken Loans Arena was back in the 2004-05 NBA Season.

With or Without KG the Cavaliers are 100% Focus on beating the Celtics in the playoffs.

:smoking::smoking::smoking:

I'm sure the Celtics are 100% focused on beating the Cavs as well. In the playoffs, every team has one opponent they are trying to beat out for the right to advance. Don't expect an easy W against the Celtics. They have some heart.

Lebron23
05-14-2009, 12:22 AM
I'm sure the Celtics are 100% focused on beating the Cavs as well. In the playoffs, every team has one opponent they are trying to beat out for the right to advance. Don't expect an easy W against the Celtics. They have some heart.

Cavs have the bigger heart. They have the 2009 NBA MVP, and they are the best defensive team in the playoffs.

cmstophe
05-14-2009, 12:25 AM
Cavs have the bigger heart. They have the 2009 NBA MVP, and they are the best defensive team in the playoffs.

Agreed.

But I don't expect it to be EASY by any means.

Jack Kent Cooke
05-14-2009, 12:25 AM

I'm not saying the Cavs aren't going to win. I am simply saying that the Celtics are going to put forth a good effort as well. They are going to try hard and play with heart.

Nothing to argue here. :eyebrow:

tdunk21
05-14-2009, 12:28 AM
Agreed.

But I don't expect it to be EASY by any means.

not easy....but cavs will win the series in 7 .....

madiaz3
05-14-2009, 01:28 AM

Celtics have had to deal with much more adversity this season, it takes heart for the bench to step up as much as it did. The Cavs are winning through talent while the Celtics are simply willing themselves through heart alone against more talented squads.

BTownTeamsRKing
05-14-2009, 07:53 AM
Celtics have had to deal with much more adversity this season, it takes heart for the bench to step up as much as it did. The Cavs are winning through talent while the Celtics are simply willing themselves through heart alone against more talented squads.

yup and remember that Ray Allen really hasn't done much yet. The Celtics seriously have willed themselves through at least 3 wins this postseason.

game 5 vs. chicago
games 4 and 5 vs. orlando

they were down in each game and all of the sudden, the Celtics defense became a wall. its unbelievable how they are surviving because of Big Baby. No team in the NBA has the heart of the Celtics. I have never seen anything like this.

take the best player off any of the playoff teams and do they get by orlando or chicago? highly doubt cleveland beats chicago without lebron. no way LA beats chicago without Kobe.

the cavs may be determined, but they are untested and will have to learn quickly how to grind out wins in the final moments because Boston isnt getting blown and I doubt Orlando would get blown out.

JayW_1023
05-14-2009, 08:23 AM
The Celtics are a resilient bunch...they will not go down quietly.

69centers
05-14-2009, 08:28 AM

Cavs big rest and lack of any competition in the first two rounds, may allow their first game opponent to sneak one out in Cleveland.

Iron24th
05-14-2009, 08:44 AM
As much as I hate the celts, I have to admit they're a team with some heart,the biggest in the NBA,even without KG ,cleveland will have hard times against them,cause they haven't faced a real though team in playoffs,and boston is the most.

Oh and to all the dumbs who say L.A will lose to denver,I tell you L.A in 6.