PDA

View Full Version : Official All-NBA teams announced

onetwo88
05-13-2009, 01:19 PM
LeBron James of the Cleveland Cavaliers, the 2008-09 Most Valuable Player, was a unanimous selection to the 2008-09 All-NBA First Team, the NBA announced today. Joining James on the First Team are Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers, Dwight Howard of the Orlando Magic, Dirk Nowitzki of the Dallas Mavericks and Dwyane Wade of the Miami Heat.

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=4326

what54!?
05-13-2009, 01:31 PM
well they got all nba teams right at least. Although I might have moved parker over roy.

GoatMilk
05-13-2009, 01:35 PM
I like all the teams
looks fair all around

Brooke
05-13-2009, 01:37 PM
they got it right. Cant disgree with that

xxdc2tegxx
05-13-2009, 01:38 PM
shaq getting the veteran love? or he was just that good this past year?

what54!?
05-13-2009, 01:41 PM
shaq getting the veteran love? or he was just that good this past year?
he had a good year last year. He was the third best center this season. The only other person you could make an agruement for was david lee.

Hellcrooner
05-13-2009, 01:50 PM
no respect for Gasol as expected.

Where is SA now?

Where will be Dallas tonight?

How many wins do lakers HAve?

how many wins since Pau is there?

How many wins the season before pau landed?

****ing Racism

Gibby23
05-13-2009, 01:53 PM

Where is SA now?

****ing Racism

Dirk Is German and the leader of his team. Duncan and Dirk are better than Pau. I love that Pau is on the Lakers, but the Lakers would be even better if they had Dirk, Duncan, of KG instead of Gasol.

Hellcrooner
05-13-2009, 01:54 PM
Also Billups being ONLY third team is an INSULT.

I guess he does not sell enough Shirts for David Stern....

Coem on DENVER are on the CONFERENCE FINALS somthign god iverson never acomplished!!!

DerekRE_3
05-13-2009, 01:55 PM

Where is SA now?

****ing Racism

Really? Gasol got All-NBA 3rd team...And Dirk Nowitzki (GERMAN), got 1st team all NBA. Yep...definitely racist. The NBA was actually created solely to keep the European basketball players down. What a joke. Gasol didn't deserve to be 2nd or 1st team. Duncan is still better than Gasol, and he will be until he declines more or when Gasol plays better defense.

The All-NBA teams don't take the playoffs into account that much. Remember when Dirk won the MVP (another example of the racism that exists in the NBA) even though his team got knocked out in the 1st round?

Hellcrooner
05-13-2009, 01:55 PM
Dirk Is German and the leader of his team. Duncan and Dirk are better than Pau. I love that Pau is on the Lakers, but the Lakers would be even better if they had Dirk, Duncan, of KG instead of Gasol. i not about who si "better" is abotu who had a better season.

And no lakers wouldnt be better with DIRK, you can be sure about that.

what54!?
05-13-2009, 01:56 PM
Also Billups being ONLY third team is an INSULT.

I guess he does not sell enough Shirts for David Stern....

Coem on DENVER are on the CONFERENCE FINALS somthign god iverson never acomplished!!!iverson led the sixers to the finals in 01 :confused:

Gibby23
05-13-2009, 01:56 PM
i not about who si "better" is abotu who had a better season.

And no lakers wouldnt be better with DIRK, you can be sure about that.

I think they would be.

b_rad23
05-13-2009, 02:00 PM
I think they would be.

x2

Hellcrooner
05-13-2009, 02:00 PM
Iverson did lead the NUGGETS NOWHERE.

Dirk in the lakers...his defense is even Softer than pau and he CANT PLAY CENTER at ALL when Bynum is injured....so no they wouldnt be better.

wow some ******** voted for JERMAINE ONEAL!!!!!

Come on this is a joke.

The correct Teams.

BILLUPS, wade, Lebron, PAU, Howard

2 Paul, KObe, ANTHONY, Td, ming

3 Devin Harris,Roy, Pierce, Dirk, NENE

Brooke
05-13-2009, 02:01 PM
I think they would be.

I do too.

Gibby23
05-13-2009, 02:02 PM

Dirk in the lakers...his defense is even Softer than pau and he CANT PLAY CENTER at ALL when Bynum is injured....so no they wouldnt be better.

Yes they would. The Mavs would have Missed the playoffs if they had Pau instead of Dirk.

Fear_GAS_OLDier
05-13-2009, 02:02 PM
kobe!

DerekRE_3
05-13-2009, 02:04 PM

wow some ******** voted for JERMAINE ONEAL!!!!!

Come on this is a joke.

The correct Teams.

BILLUPS, wade, Lebron, PAU, Howard

2 Paul, KObe, ANTHONY, Td, ming

3 Devin Harris,Roy, Pierce, Dirk, NENE

Putting Pau over Dirk in this is pretty funny. Same with Devin Harris over Tony Parker.

Hawkeye15
05-13-2009, 02:04 PM
x2

x3

Hellcrooner
05-13-2009, 02:05 PM
Yes they would. The Mavs would have Missed the playoffs if they had Pau instead of Dirk.

Kidd = better than Jason Williams

Howard= Better than Battier

Terry= Better than Posey

Dampier= Better than Swift....

So i guess its safe to think they WOULD have made the playoffs..

GoatMilk
05-13-2009, 02:08 PM

Where is SA now?

****ing Racism

quit crying about Pau, damn.
All-NBA teams arent about team records, they're about performance. thats why losing teams players get on there. i love pau too, but duncan had better numbers.

Gibby23
05-13-2009, 02:09 PM

Terry= Better than Posey

Somethings wrong with you. The talent leval is a lot different in the west then it was 5 years ago. You remember in 2006 when the Lakers were the 8th seed? The 8th seed this year (Utah) and 8th seed last year (Denver) were better than that Laker team.

GoatMilk
05-13-2009, 02:10 PM

Terry= Better than Posey

different time. dirk had to drop like 40 a couple times just so his team could be in the game, not necessarily win. again, i love Pau too, but he's only scored 40 like once or twice in his career.

Hellcrooner
05-13-2009, 02:11 PM
yeah the lakeres were the 8th seed because they had SMUSH PARKER and KWAME BROWN AS STARTERS:..

Hellcrooner
05-13-2009, 02:12 PM
different time. dirk had to drop like 40 a couple times just so his team could be in the game, not necessarily win. again, i love Pau too, but he's only scored 40 like once or twice in his career.

because he believes in team play.

Also woudl love to see what his stats would be with SOMEONE like JASON kidd who is pass first serving him the ball.

Gibby23
05-13-2009, 02:13 PM

Also woudl love to see what his stats would be with SOMEONE like JASON kidd who is pass first serving him the ball.

His stats are about the same as the were in Memphis where he was the first option.

Brooke
05-13-2009, 02:13 PM
quit crying about Pau already while he is a great player he isnt Dirk

jimbobjarree
05-13-2009, 02:16 PM
harsh on D Will, if not for the injury he woulda been an allstar, on one of these teams and we would probably still be in the playoffs :sigh:

Hawkeye15
05-13-2009, 02:20 PM

omg dude. Are you really comparing a former MVP who has averages of 26/11 in 96 playoff games, compared to a 18/9 player in 43 playoff games. Gasol WAS the head of his team for the Memphis playoff teams, the same ones that were blown off the floor.
The Lakers may not have that many more wins, they didn't lose many in the first place. But they would be a better team, absolutely, 10000%
Gasol vs Brand may be a better comparison player wise. Don't mention Pau with Dirk

IBleedPurple
05-13-2009, 02:20 PM
I thought Chauncey or Melo would at least crack the 2nd team, but overall, not a bad list.

Gibby23
05-13-2009, 02:21 PM
I thought Chauncey or Melo would at least crack the 2nd team, but overall, not a bad list.

I think Melo flew under a lot of people radar but he is balling right now.

MagicBucsSox
05-13-2009, 02:29 PM

Where is SA now?

****ing Racism

dude gasol doesnt even deserve that, he's not even a top5 pf

LayZbone
05-13-2009, 02:37 PM
clearly the all-nba first team should've been:

Sergio Rodriguez
Jose Calderon
Rudy Fernandez
Pau Gasol
Marc Gasol

bunch of racists i tell you.

MickeyMgl
05-13-2009, 02:37 PM
Dirk Is German and the leader of his team. Duncan and Dirk are better than Pau. I love that Pau is on the Lakers, but the Lakers would be even better if they had Dirk, Duncan, of KG instead of Gasol.

They wouldn't.

You're confusing KG of today with KG of two years ago.

Dirk plays on the perimeter too much to have been able to make up for the absence of Bynum. Gasol is a better interior player.

Duncan... They'd probably be better there.

Chronz
05-13-2009, 02:41 PM
Was Pierce really a 2nd team caliber player? Wow mustve been a rough year for Forwards this time. And Im shocked to learn that this will be Wade's 1st - 1st-Team selection.

superkegger
05-13-2009, 02:54 PM
Good to see Dirk get recognition on the first team. :up:

Chronz
05-13-2009, 02:54 PM
Good to see both Chauncey and TP getting recognition as better PG's than Deron Williams

atl_braves_fan
05-13-2009, 02:58 PM
How many votes did Kevin Love get? He is gonna be pissed.

Hellcrooner
05-13-2009, 03:04 PM
They wouldn't.

You're confusing KG of today with KG of two years ago.

Dirk plays on the perimeter too much to have been able to make up for the absence of Bynum. Gasol is a better interior player.

Duncan... They'd probably be better there.
Finally someon not blinded by stats.

With TD Lakers would be CLEARLY BETTER , you know...he is the best PF EVER and for me last decades best player and worthy of a TOP 5 of all time.

With Kg....well im not sure....with his present health no at his top game yes they woudl be better.

But DIrk with his style of game would not fit better tha lakers than PAu + he would take a HARD HIT to his game not being the first option, he is not used to that he might clash with KObe because of touches.

Hellcrooner
05-13-2009, 03:05 PM
oh and people telling Pau is not a top 5 pf,,, are you on drugs or what?

TD is better no discussion.

CURRENT KG and DIrk are up to discussion.

but other than that .... i dont care how many points do other PF score there is NO ONE MORE up there to discuss with HIm.

jimbobjarree
05-13-2009, 03:10 PM
I dunno, I'd take Big Al, Dirk, TD, KG, Bosh (in no order) all before him..probably more I cant think of

jimbobjarree
05-13-2009, 03:11 PM
clearly the all-nba first team should've been:

Sergio Rodriguez
Jose Calderon
Rudy Fernandez
Pau Gasol
Marc Gasol

bunch of racists i tell you.

haha, personally I'm outraged it wasnt

Azabuike
Gordon
Deng
POPS!
Amaechi

and left it there

Hellcrooner
05-13-2009, 03:12 PM
^what has Jefferson proved? that he can score a lot of points making a lot of shots on a talented depleted team?

And Bosh? go ask raps fans how happy they are about his lack of personality when it matter.

jimbobjarree
05-13-2009, 03:17 PM
I'd still take both of them before Gasol in a fantasy draft or whatever, Bosh can score more and Big Al is much more dominant than him. I'd also say that if Boozer had the size of Gasol he would also be better.

braveniler58
05-13-2009, 03:20 PM
oh and people telling Pau is not a top 5 pf,,, are you on drugs or what?

TD is better no discussion.

CURRENT KG and DIrk are up to discussion.

but other than that .... i dont care how many points do other PF score there is NO ONE MORE up there to discuss with HIm.

I'd take Duncan, Nowitzki, Garnett (despite how much I dislike him), Bosh, Amar'e, etc before I would take Gasol.

Pau is great, but he's not the best, definitely not.

Hellcrooner
05-13-2009, 03:24 PM
all those dudes....Stou, Boozer, Bosh, Jefferson would be completely USELESS if they had kobe at their side being the main focus on offense they need the ball to be "effective".....
Scoring is SOOOOOOOOOOO Overated.

jimbobjarree
05-13-2009, 03:25 PM
yeah dang, forgot Amare

jimbobjarree
05-13-2009, 03:26 PM
all those dudes....Stou, Boozer, Bosh, Jefferson would be completely USELESS if they had kobe at their side being the main focus on offense they need the ball to be "effective".....
Scoring is SOOOOOOOOOOO Overated.

I dunno, Kobe would spread the floor for these guys to dominate. I wonder how good a team with Kobe and Amare or Kobe and Bosh would do.

MickeyMgl
05-13-2009, 03:26 PM
With TD Lakers would be CLEARLY BETTER , you know...he is the best PF EVER

Well, the reason I think the Lakers would probably have been better with Duncan is because he's essentially a center, and that would have served them well without Bynum. He's a PF in name only.

JordansBulls
05-13-2009, 03:28 PM

Where is SA now?

****ing Racism

It's really sad that Gasol led the team in Win Shares and is doing so in the playoffs and can't get any love for first team.

superkegger
05-13-2009, 03:32 PM
I'd still take both of them before Gasol in a fantasy draft or whatever, Bosh can score more and Big Al is much more dominant than him. I'd also say that if Boozer had the size of Gasol he would also be better.

But he doesn't, so what does that matter?

MickeyMgl
05-13-2009, 03:38 PM
His stats are about the same as the were in Memphis where he was the first option.

His FG% in Memphis was 51%. He shot 57% this year, which is down from 59% last year in Los Angeles.

Gibby23
05-13-2009, 03:43 PM
His FG% in Memphis was 51%. He shot 57% this year, which is down from 59% last year in Los Angeles.

Because he shoots less now, but his ppg, rpg are about the same.

LanceUpperCut
05-13-2009, 03:47 PM
^what has Jefferson proved? that he can score a lot of points making a lot of shots on a talented depleted team?

And Bosh? go ask raps fans how happy they are about his lack of personality when it matter.

Hey I'm a Raps fan for about 12 years now.And what the **** are you talking about everyone loves Boshs personality **** the guy saved us after VC left.I'd take Bosh over Gasol any day of the week.The raps had a bad year but Bosh was solid.

GregOden#1
05-13-2009, 04:00 PM
It's really sad that Gasol led the team in Win Shares and is doing so in the playoffs and can't get any love for first team.

And he also never lost with home court advantage, which we all know is the most important thing along with winshares. Dirk has though.

Hellcrooner
05-13-2009, 04:01 PM
^thats not what ive read in your forum dude....

There are like 5 bosh trading threads open now there.

jimbobjarree
05-13-2009, 04:04 PM
But he doesn't, so what does that matter?

just saying if Boozer had the length Gasol does he would utilize it better and would be a better player. Thats the only advantage Pau has on Booz is his length, yet I'd still say Booz is as good as him.

Hellcrooner
05-13-2009, 04:06 PM
^yeah and if Pau Gasol was the same size than Ming no one would stop him.....

and if Nate Robinson was Dwights howards size he would jump into the ceilling

LanceUpperCut
05-13-2009, 04:08 PM
^thats not what ive read in your forum dude....

There are like 5 bosh trading threads open now there.

That has nothing to do with his personality or game it's about getting some thing for him incase he wants to play else were.The fact that all these teams want the guy says it all about his game.When you have Douche bags like Jalen Rose and Steve Smith act like they already know he is leaving(which is complete ********) it stirs alot of crap.

jimbobjarree
05-13-2009, 04:09 PM
^well yeah, cus he'd be very very under weight for a 7'6 guy and easily shoved about. He'd be lanky and slow, he's not as dominant defensively, he wouldnt be as good as Ming.

MiamiHeat
05-13-2009, 04:12 PM
finally they got something right
:clap:

sp1derm00
05-13-2009, 04:28 PM
It was hard to rank the Forwards this season. LBJ is a lock for first team, and I would say that TD would be a lock as well, but Dirk is a good choice also.

Pau played like a First Teamer, but TD and Dirk were just better this season.

JaySmoke
05-13-2009, 04:31 PM
Hellcrooner?????????????

ahh/.. i think ur just way to mad...

iverson took the sixers to the finals with a crappy *** team...nuggest have talented guys on there entire roster...
gasol is a third team relax.. what are u so mad about....

thedfactor
05-13-2009, 04:45 PM
Finally someon not blinded by stats.

With TD Lakers would be CLEARLY BETTER , you know...he is the best PF EVER and for me last decades best player and worthy of a TOP 5 of all time.

With Kg....well im not sure....with his present health no at his top game yes they woudl be better.

But DIrk with his style of game would not fit better tha lakers than PAu + he would take a HARD HIT to his game not being the first option, he is not used to that he might clash with KObe because of touches.
I have to completely disagree with most of this. Although Dirk does the bulk of the scoring and is the primary Dallas player, he is one of the rare superstars who doesn't own an ego.

Dirk would gladly be the second option in my opinion to Kobe, because he knows KB24 is neck and neck with LBJ as the best in the game.

With Kobe on the floor, on his team, it would create a new dynamic never seen before with Nowitzki. There hasn't been a time Dirk has suited up for Dallas in his prime and wasn't the best scoring threat wearing the Mavericks jersey.

Now put him on the Lakers with Kobe, Bynum, and Odom and he only becomes better as an all-around player. His scoring average would obviously dip a few points, but it wouldn't matter for a player/person like Dirk who is out to win games as a team and ultimately win a ring.

Chronz
05-13-2009, 05:10 PM
just saying if Boozer had the length Gasol does he would utilize it better and would be a better player. Thats the only advantage Pau has on Booz is his length, yet I'd still say Booz is as good as him.
Then why cant Booz pass as well? Can we give Boozer Pau's brain while we're at it?

Chronz
05-13-2009, 05:10 PM
Hellcrooner?????????????

ahh/.. i think ur just way to mad...

iverson took the sixers to the finals with a crappy *** team...nuggest have talented guys on there entire roster...
gasol is a third team relax.. what are u so mad about....

AI's crappy teammates carried HIM to the Finals.

Vinny642
05-13-2009, 06:50 PM
I like them.

Kakaroach
05-13-2009, 10:43 PM
What a ****ing outrage. Deron Williams not selected to an NBA team at all?! This are just the dumbest team selections ever other than 1st team.

Vinny642
05-13-2009, 10:47 PM
He was injured for alot of the season, but if he was healthy he'd be with CP

Lebron23
05-13-2009, 10:52 PM
Chris Paul deserved to be included in the All NBA First Tea because he led the NBA in Steals and Assists.

And the Hornets won 49 games in the Western Conference.

ARMIN12NBA
05-13-2009, 11:03 PM
Pretty good list. The three best players in Kobe, Lebron, and Wade on the first team.

tbron
05-13-2009, 11:03 PM
it's almost right. i still would put paul over kobe.

ARMIN12NBA
05-13-2009, 11:08 PM

Why is that?

Like Luke Walton was talking about the other day, Kobe really, really sacrificed his own statistics for the team this year. He looked hard to get others going and really wanted to teach the younger players and help them gain more experience. It's not all about stats, although it's not like Kobe doesn't have great stats either.

Vinny642
05-13-2009, 11:09 PM

The NBA would never allow that.

JordansBulls
05-13-2009, 11:12 PM
Chris Paul deserved to be included in the All NBA First Tea because he led the NBA in Steals and Assists.

And the Hornets won 49 games in the Western Conference.

I agree. He also was 2nd in the league in Win Shares and PER. His Win Shares was 17.5 and his PER was 30. That merits 1st team.

ARMIN12NBA
05-13-2009, 11:17 PM
I agree. He also was 2nd in the league in Win Shares and PER. His Win Shares was 17.5 and his PER was 30. That merits 1st team.

PER is the end all, be all. :rolleyes:

ARMIN12NBA
05-13-2009, 11:18 PM
The NBA would never allow that.

Right. Because the NBA votes for the NBA All-First Team...

JordansBulls
05-13-2009, 11:19 PM
PER is the end all, be all. :rolleyes:

No, but his stats speaks volumes for his being on the 1st team. When did someone have a 30 PER and not make the 1st team before?

You had 2 guards this year who had that.

Vinny642
05-13-2009, 11:19 PM
Right. Because the NBA votes for the NBA All-First Team...

No because its how they display Kobe people in my school still don't know who CP is... and the media is on Kobe's dick.

ARMIN12NBA
05-13-2009, 11:26 PM
No because its how they display Kobe people in my school still don't know who CP is...

People at my former school did not know who Kobe was. Big whoop.

and the media is on Kobe's dick.

:laugh: Kobe is the LAST person who gets media love in terms of NBA elite superstars. There was even an article on ESPN that completely BASHED him senseless because he trash talks...(CP, Wade, Lebron, etc. trash talk just as much yet they were praised for being professional...LOLZ).

ARMIN12NBA
05-13-2009, 11:27 PM
No, but his stats speaks volumes for his being on the 1st team. When did someone have a 30 PER and not make the 1st team before?

You had 2 guards this year who had that.

Good job. They were great offensively...lets ignore variables and defense.

That is essentially what you are telling me.

Vinny642
05-13-2009, 11:31 PM

:laugh: Kobe is the LAST person who gets media love in terms of NBA elite superstars. There was even an article on ESPN that completely BASHED him senseless because he trash talks...(CP, Wade, Lebron, etc. trash talk just as much yet they were praised for being professional...LOLZ).

So what your saying is Cp is as much displayed by the NBA, Na not in your life.
Kobe is the LAST person considered a superstar?? r u still on that crack?
Deron Williams is only talked about when the Jazz r on ESPN. People still don't know about him, he gets no love by he media.

ARMIN12NBA
05-13-2009, 11:32 PM
So what your saying is Cp is as much displayed by the NBA, Na not in your life.
Kobe is the LAST person considered a superstar?? r u still on that crack?
Deron Williams is only talked about when the Jazz r on ESPN. People still don't know about him, he gets no love by he media.

The last media superstar who gets media love. He is most definitely behind Lebron and Wade.

Lebron23
05-13-2009, 11:33 PM
Good job. They were great offensively...lets ignore variables and defense.

That is essentially what you are telling me.

Chris Paul made it in the All NBA Defensive Team, and he was a better defender than Kobe this season. .

Kobe is an overrated defender in the NBA. Wade was clearly a superior defender than Kobe this season, but the NBA Coaches are going to include Kobe on the lists until the day that he stop playing basketball.

Credits to DieselJ for debulking the myth that Kobe was a better defender than LeBron and Dwayne Wade

Here goes wades case for making it over Kobe and why Lberon was the easiest choice.

Their opponents eFG% against them:

Lebron (PF): 41.8%
Lebron (SF): 48.2%
Wade (PG): 48.2%
Wade (SF): 48.7%
Kobe (SG): 50.3%
Kobe (SF): 57.3%

Def PErs

Kobe -

18.2 PER ALLOWED vs PG's

14.1 PER ALLOWED vs SG's

20.6 PER ALLOWED VS SF's

http://www.82games.com/0809/08LAL4.HTM

Wade-

18.4 PER ALLOWED vs PG's

15.4 PER ALLOWED vs SG's

23.5 PER ALLOWED vs SF's

http://www.82games.com/0809/08MIA5.HTM

Lebron-

13.6 PER ALLOWED vs SF's

14.2 PER ALLOWE vs PF's

20.0 PER ALLOWED vs C's

http://www.82games.com/0809/08CLE9.HTM

^^as you can see, lebron has the best individual PERs Allowed while Wade is the worst

Now Lets looks at their impact on team D when either of them sits..

cavs w/o Lebron = -8.4

heat w/o wade = -2.8

lakers 1/0 Kobe = +1.4

http://www.82games.com/0809/ONSORT6.HTM

^^This stat basically shows the impact they have on their team D. Cavs are a whopping -8.4 when Lberon sits and are the best defensive team in the league when he plays. That speaks for itsself. Lakers are better on team D when KObe is out of the game

http://www.82games.com/0809/ONSORT6.HTM

Now lets looks at their "clutch d" stats

Kobe = 0.0 blks and 1.0 stls

Wade = 4.9 blks and 3.0 stls

Lebron = 1.7 blks and 3.5 stls

http://www.82games.com/0809/CSORT11.HTM

^^basically this further proves my point that Wade is the best offball/help defender in the game with Lebron right behind him. Kobe is not even in the same league.

Take all of these defensive stats into consideration

Impact on team D

1.Lebron
2.Wade
3.KObe

Impact as an individual defender (PER allowed)

1.Lberon
2.Kobe
3.Wade

Impact as an offball/help defender in the clutch

1.Wade
2.lebron
3.Kobe

Only Lakers fans thinks that Kobe Deserved to be included in the All NBA Defensive First Team.

Vinny642
05-13-2009, 11:35 PM
The last media superstar who gets media love. He is most definitely behind Lebron and Wade.

Kobe is about equal to both of them.
Cp is behind them all, the media don't realize what CP did this season. Im not saying Kobe shouldn't be over CP but they can be interchangible. But the reason Kobe is in over Cp is the media's love for him.

ARMIN12NBA
05-13-2009, 11:36 PM
. Lakers are better on team D when KObe is out of the game

DUH. I could have told you that. The Lakers bench is usually superior to other teams bench (even if they are inconsistent). The Lakers bench will defeat the other teams bench. Thus, the "supposed" better team defense.

Like I said, account for variables (nobody seems to do this anymore; what do they teach kids in schools these days!). :eyebrow:

ARMIN12NBA
05-13-2009, 11:38 PM
Kobe is about equal to both of them.
Cp is behind them all, the media don't realize what CP did this season. Im not saying Kobe shouldn't be over CP but they can be interchangible. But the reason Kobe is in over Cp is the media's love for him.

Not at all. How can Kobe be completely excluded from the 2008 season montage on NBA fastbreak while Lebron has his own section entitled "King?" Kobe was the MVP in 2008. Lebron can be in it too, but Kobe was completely excluded. Don't pull that equal crap. :pity:

JordansBulls
05-13-2009, 11:40 PM

How do figure that? He has been getting media love his whole career. Even in his 2nd year he was a starter in the allstar game when he didn't even start on his own team.

Vinny642
05-13-2009, 11:41 PM
Not at all. How can Kobe be completely excluded from the 2008 season montage on NBA fastbreak while Lebron has his own section entitled "King?" Kobe was the MVP in 2008. Lebron can be in it too, but Kobe was completely excluded. Don't pull that equal crap. :pity:

OK fine he equal to Wade though, but besides that he is over CP isn't he. And Im right when I say the media doesn't know what CP does for the Hornets.

ARMIN12NBA
05-13-2009, 11:42 PM
Update on the Messiah:

LeBron James is either a defensive wiz or immune to referees' whistles in this year's NBA playoffs. Or maybe a bit of both. In the foul department, Mr. James is averaging a paltry 1.68 fouls per 48 minutes in eight playoff games, all wins, based on statistics from basketball-reference.com. That's 0.7 fewer fouls per 48 minutes than his regular season mark (2.38). Michael Jordan -- whom fans were sure referees treated with kid gloves -- averaged 3.47 fouls per 48 minutes in the postseason and 3.26 in the 82-game warm up.

—David Biderman

Lebron23
05-13-2009, 11:43 PM
Kobe is one of the most overrated players in the late 1990's. He was voted as a starter in the 1998 All Star Game, but he only averaged 15.4 ppg in the Regular Season.

As a 19 yrs.old he was already compared to Michael Jordan when the Bulls played the Lakers in their head to head matchup.

Last year the ESPN Analysts Predicted that the Lakers were going to win the NBA Championship, but the Celtics torched them in Game 6.

what54!?
05-13-2009, 11:45 PM

And the Hornets won 49 games in the Western Conference.not over D.wade

Vinny642
05-13-2009, 11:46 PM
not over D.wade

People r saying over Kobe here not DWade. LOL

ARMIN12NBA
05-13-2009, 11:47 PM
CLE +11.5
DEN +3.4
ORL +3.0
UTA +1.2
CHI +1.1
LAL +0.7

FT differential. Awesome.

Lebron23
05-13-2009, 11:47 PM
not over D.wade

Real All NBA First Team

C- Dwight Howard
F- LeBron James
F- Kobe Bryant
G- Dwayne Wade
G- Chris Paul

Vinny642
05-13-2009, 11:49 PM
FT differential. Awesome.

??? What, why you bring those up?

what54!?
05-13-2009, 11:49 PM
Real All NBA First Team

C- Dwight Howard
F- LeBron James
F- Kobe Bryant
G- Dwayne Wade
G- Chris Pauldirk deserved to be there. He had a great season

ARMIN12NBA
05-13-2009, 11:50 PM
Kobe is one of the most overrated players in the late 1990's. He was voted as a starter in the 1998 All Star Game, but he only averaged 15.4 ppg in the Regular Season.

As a 19 yrs.old he was already compared to Michael Jordan when the Bulls played the Lakers in their head to head matchup.

Last year the ESPN Analysts Predicted that the Lakers were going to win the NBA Championship, but the Celtics torched them in Game 6.

The fans loved him because he was acrobatic. He won the Slam Dunk Contest and almost won the Sixth Man of the Year for one of the most exciting fast break squads ever in the 98 Lakers. It doesn't make him overrated. The fans just wanted to see an exciting, young player play in the All-Star game.

Kobe actually wasn't really compared. Costas was saying that nobody will ever be like Jordan, including Kobe (especially during Jordan's farewell tough; very emotional for sports writers who worshiped him). They thought he emulated his game, but didn't live up to it.

Funny that a Lebron fan would complain about a 19 year old being compared to MJ when Lebron was compared to MJ since he was a middle-schooler.

Vinny642
05-13-2009, 11:53 PM
The fans loved him because he was acrobatic. He won the Slam Dunk Contest and almost won the Sixth Man of the Year for one of the most exciting fast break squads ever in the 98 Lakers. It doesn't make him overrated. The fans just wanted to see an exciting, young player play in the All-Star game.

Kobe actually wasn't really compared. Costas was saying that nobody will ever be like Jordan, including Kobe (especially during Jordan's farewell tough; very emotional for sports writers who worshiped him). They thought he emulated his game, but didn't live up to it.

Funny that a Lebron fan would complain about a 19 year old being compared to MJ when Lebron was compared to MJ since he was a middle-schooler.

Why are u shying away form myy argument that no matter what Cp could've done Kobe would win it over him because Kobe is Kobe and Cp isn't as media loved as Kobe?

ARMIN12NBA
05-13-2009, 11:55 PM
Why are u shying away form myy argument that no matter what Cp could've done Kobe would win it over him because Kobe is Kobe and Cp isn't as media loved as Kobe?

I'm not. I already addressed media love.

Lebron23
05-13-2009, 11:55 PM
^^^I challenge you to a 1 week ban if the Cavs beat the Lakers in the NBA Finals.

Vinny642
05-13-2009, 11:56 PM
I'm not. I already addressed media love.

So you agree, Cp couldn't have been on it unless he won MVP or something.

Lebron23
05-14-2009, 12:00 AM
dirk deserved to be there. He had a great season

Chris Paul is having a better season than Dirk Nowitzki. Higher Per, Roland Ratings, better defender, and the First NBA player to led the NBA in Assists and Steals since John Stockton.

CP3 is underrated, and his supporting casts are garbage this year.

GregOden#1
05-14-2009, 06:55 AM
CP3 would get more recognition in Portland IMO. And New Orleans is really bad cash wise. The good people at Portland will trade Travis Outlaw and Steve Blake for him, we may even include a second. All the contracts would be waivable so NO saves countless of millions of dollars since they won't have to pay CP3 a max contract anymore.

mitch91
05-14-2009, 07:27 AM
thought maybe danny granger could have gotten in there but the teams seem fair enough

fredv
05-14-2009, 07:39 AM
The second team would destroy the first one lol. The first team has the better player, but they wouldn't play aswell as the second team would.

HiphopRelated
05-14-2009, 05:06 PM
The second team would destroy the first one lol. The first team has the better player, but they wouldn't play aswell as the second team would.
Olympics say hello

Vinny642
05-14-2009, 05:19 PM
CP3 would get more recognition in Portland IMO. And New Orleans is really bad cash wise. The good people at Portland will trade Travis Outlaw and Steve Blake for him, we may even include a second. All the contracts would be waivable so NO saves countless of millions of dollars since they won't have to pay CP3 a max contract anymore.

he only making 14 Million next year.