PDA

View Full Version : Rafer Alston and Tony Battie

Sandman
05-12-2009, 10:46 PM
[yeah, so tonight's game pissed me off]

Battie and Alston make a combined 11.5 million next season and are due to expire next summer.

Battie blows and Jameer will likely replace Alston in the starting lineup.

Given the scramble that's expected for next year's FA class, what are the odds these guys are still on the team and what do the Magic bring in?

The old rumors said they were still hot for Hansborough after losing their pick to get Alston

EX-TREME
05-16-2009, 06:21 PM
battie is gone but i can see the magic sign alston for a cheap price.

PennyMy#1
05-17-2009, 05:14 AM
1. Why should he sign for cheap ?
And 2. I'm really not sure if Alston is quiet and happy coming off the bench for a whole season ...

Sandman
05-17-2009, 11:35 AM
Their contracts are way too valuable on a team for which they are way too expendable.

If Hedo exercises his option, we'll have about 20 million expiring. That opens big doors for us.

EX-TREME
05-17-2009, 01:39 PM
1. Why should he sign for cheap ?
And 2. I'm really not sure if Alston is quiet and happy coming off the bench for a whole season ...

1. why not? if he signs for cheap he will be playing for a championship contender.

2. that's the problem. maybe stan will adress that problem.

*Superman*
05-18-2009, 07:01 PM
I want Tony gone, i like Alston as a decent backup.

EX-TREME
05-19-2009, 08:25 AM
maybe we can find a cheaper pf who can hit the midrange j.

PennyMy#1
05-19-2009, 09:16 AM
I like Alston too, but it still is hard to imagine he will sign for cheap AND come off our bench. I see him slapping SVG "Eddie-House"-like on the head if he's not getting enough mins.

Tony is not that bad. He had some good numbers. Sometimes. For cheap, maybe he's good for our depth and he know the team. But, I wouldn't really spend much money on him anymore ...

We definitely need a decent PF. If we had to give up Tony and Rafer for that ... so will be it.

Sandman
05-19-2009, 11:09 AM
he's making 6.5 million, he's a goner. That money can be valuable to teams trying to get under the cap.

PennyMy#1
05-20-2009, 05:25 AM
We still have to get under the luxury ...

MAC10TIZZY
05-20-2009, 06:38 PM
last year i couldn't wait for tony to be back and heathy, now i cringe when i see him in the game...im sure as a person he is awesome, but he is extremely bad piece for our offense...its like he is afraid he will never play again so he tries to shoot 100 times a minute...game five @ boston , dwight got 10 shots playing almost the whole game, toni tony tone comes in for like five minutes and busts out 7...i mean come on....just a rambling man i guess

MagicBucsSox
05-20-2009, 06:53 PM
how is a guy who can shoot and play D alongsode d12 nad for us? i think in this series he'll guy alot of time on varejao. varejao is nothing more than a flopping hack and d12 can simply flip it to battie for the j. plus he's good for joe smith