PDA

View Full Version : Could Melo get suspended?

JordansBulls
05-12-2009, 03:34 PM
Could Melo get suspended from the incident with Antoine Wright yesterday?

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/8665/59127280.jpg

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/4916/71406421.jpg

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/7228/melopuncheswright2.jpg

Vidball
05-12-2009, 03:35 PM
In a word, No

KeithLBC
05-12-2009, 03:42 PM
He could but I hope not. The refs reviewed the play and have already dealt with it so I hope the Stu Jackson leaves it alone.

MTone8788
05-12-2009, 03:49 PM
I don't even like Carmelo but he didnt even do anything wrong. Wright should have let him go, he was holding onto him for a few seconds and Carmelo just finally shoved him off.

superkegger
05-12-2009, 03:54 PM
Officials have been instructed to eject a player who throws a punch, whether or not it connects, or an elbow which makes contact above shoulder level. If elbow contact is shoulder level or below, it shall be left to the discretion of the official as to whether the player is ejected. Even if a punch or an elbow goes undetected by the officials during the game, but is detected during a review of a videotape, that player will be penalized.

http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_k.html?nav=ArticleList

Elbow fouls, which make contact above shoulder level, and punching fouls, although recorded as both personal and team fouls, are unsportsmanlike acts. The player will be ejected immediately.

http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_12.html?nav=ArticleList

He clearly makes contact with his face with his hand/forearm. He very well could be.

bahama0811
05-12-2009, 03:58 PM
I wouldn't be surprised at all if he gets suspended. That was a dumb mistake by Melo.

Fireworld
05-12-2009, 04:00 PM
No, but it does look like a thrown elbow in the pictures.

azkarraga
05-12-2009, 04:05 PM
hope not. but still, it wasnt the wisest move to do

DerekRE_3
05-12-2009, 04:07 PM
All this suspension talk about things like that is getting ridiculous.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
05-12-2009, 04:11 PM
no he wont get suspended.... if you look at the replay... he never made contact with Wright's face.

Chronz
05-12-2009, 04:12 PM
I hope so, let the series go 7

superkegger
05-12-2009, 04:19 PM
no he wont get suspended.... if you look at the replay... he never made contact with Wright's face.

:confused:

Look at the pictures, he clearly makes contact with Wright's face.

dtmagnet
05-12-2009, 04:19 PM
It looks like a punching motion, I didn't see the game so I can't really say either way, but if he tried to punch him then I would say that warrants a suspension. Just because you don't make a fist doesn't make it not a punch.

jimbobjarree
05-12-2009, 04:36 PM
just think if the refs hadnt got it wrong and the series was 2-2 and this happened and he got banned, a whole different story.

when instead it'll be 3-1 up, he wont be banned, over in the next game

or will the league ban him just to even it up for the Mavs after their blunder in game 3...conspiracy?

superkegger
05-12-2009, 04:37 PM
It looks like a punching motion, I didn't see the game so I can't really say either way, but if he tried to punch him then I would say that warrants a suspension. Just because you don't make a fist doesn't make it not a punch.

Melo knows all about that. (http://nba.fanhouse.com/2006/12/17/carmelo-anthony-drops-mardy-collins-runs-like-a-girl/)

SlowMo
05-12-2009, 04:38 PM
It wasn't a punch; the pictures give a bad impression. I saw the game.

The ball was in his hand, and Wright was holding melo well after the whistle was called. So melo shoved the ball into wright's side, and in the follow-thru, his hand went by wright's face. I do believe one finger grazed wright's cheek.

Doubtful on a suspension, but possibly a minimum fine or something for unecessary contact... at most a flagrant 1 is assessed. But I still doubt anything will happen with it.

Vinny642
05-12-2009, 04:40 PM
Na, the refs sucked yesterdays with flagrants but its all w/e. But i thought this may have been a flagrant
but no suspension.

SlowMo
05-12-2009, 04:43 PM
Na, the refs sucked yesterdays with flagrants but its all w/e. But i thought this may have been a flagrant
but no suspension.

yep

SlowMo
05-12-2009, 04:45 PM
What is up with the officiating this series? The calls that were coming out of Game 1 and 2 were completely different thatn Games 3 and 4.

...Lame

Vinny642
05-12-2009, 04:49 PM
I really hate the officiating for this series. totally weird.

kingofkings313
05-12-2009, 04:54 PM
No, all he did was push him off! Everybody pushes in a confrontation, no punch was thrown...so he will not be suspended!

kingofkings313
05-12-2009, 04:56 PM
The officiating in games 3 and 4 were horrible. The Nuggets got some bad calls at the end of game 4. My guess is the refs were trying to make up there game 3 mess up by helping the Mavs win game 4. But it should be all over Wednesday.

What is up with the officiating this series? The calls that were coming out of Game 1 and 2 were completely different thatn Games 3 and 4.

...Lame

codes238
05-12-2009, 05:34 PM
oh my god, this is getting ridiculous...

TheCooLKid2020
05-12-2009, 05:48 PM
The nba today is all about refs and is a sissy Game.... If you didn't see the video then don't base opinion off the Pictures.... It's getting out of control with the refs... it's like they are playing out there...

IndyRealist
05-12-2009, 05:52 PM
Those pics look like the -worst- possible frames for the incident, I doubt it looked that bad live. I didn't see it so I can't judge, if anyone can put up a video link, it'd be appreciated.

Vinny642
05-12-2009, 05:54 PM
I dont got one but it wasn't that bad. Probably not even Flag1 worthy.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
05-12-2009, 05:55 PM
he wont be suspended

Randy West
05-12-2009, 06:00 PM
If you look at the slow mo replay a couple fingers catch Wright in the face.

I don't know if it is a punch or more of a push ..........They reviewed it at the table and didn't throw him out. I am sure the league will look at it though.

Jay22Redd
05-12-2009, 06:09 PM

Then why does his cheeks go up?:laugh2:

Young2Kinsler
05-12-2009, 06:23 PM
While Wright may have held Melo's arm too long, he was making sure he didn't get a shot up or anything. Holding does not give Melo the authority to punch/push/slap/ whatever you want to call it. Under the league rules thats AT LEAST a flagrant, and Denver now has gotten away with 2 blatant ones, while the 2 called on Dallas were automatic and not near as bad. The officiating has been poor all series, for both sides to an extent, but it is what it is. NBA has the worst refs in sports, and we just have to deal with it.3

Could he get suspended? Sure
Should he? probably not

The officiating crew for game 1 was bad too, and very anti Dallas refs.... Crawford and Washington, anyone curious of the Mavs playoff record when they are on the floor? Mavs are 1-19 in the playoffs when Crawford refs, and 1-8 with Washington. Anyways, let's move on and play the game, bad calls happen both ways, but this series has pissed me off officiating wise than I can rememeber in a long time.

Corey
05-12-2009, 06:31 PM
By rule, he could be, but I wouldn't suspend him.

madiaz3
05-12-2009, 07:00 PM
I saw Wright's cheeks flapping, and it certainly wasn't from any wind.

_Sn1P3r_
05-12-2009, 07:15 PM
From the rules, he shouldn't. But do I think he will? No.

Kohaku
05-12-2009, 07:36 PM
I saw Wright's cheeks flapping, and it certainly wasn't from any wind.

Didn't you hear? Melo's hand motion causes the weather to change. Just ask mardy collins.

IBleedPurple
05-12-2009, 08:21 PM
just think if the refs hadnt got it wrong and the series was 2-2 and this happened and he got banned, a whole different story.

when instead it'll be 3-1 up, he wont be banned, over in the next game

or will the league ban him just to even it up for the Mavs after their blunder in game 3...conspiracy?

And what about the phantom call on Dirk in the closing seconds? Why did the whistle take so long to be blown? Conspiracy?

The officiating in games 3 and 4 were horrible. The Nuggets got some bad calls at the end of game 4. My guess is the refs were trying to make up there game 3 mess up by helping the Mavs win game 4. But it should be all over Wednesday.

The officiating has been bad, both ways. Nuggets got terrible calls, as did the Mavs. Overall, I think the officiating favored the Mavs in the final 20 minutes or so. But I expect Denver to blow out Dallas tomorrow, by at least 15

still1ballin
05-12-2009, 09:16 PM
Didn't see that play, but from the looks of the photos, there is a possibility

Young2Kinsler
05-12-2009, 09:43 PM
There was no "phantom" call for Dirk, I have screenshots of Martins hand on Dirks arm if you like.

Denva4Life
05-12-2009, 10:00 PM
if kobe didnt get suspended than melo better not kobe actually hit above the shoulder ... and melo didnt ... wright needed to let go.... wright was still pissed about being the victim of a posterized game winning shot whislt acting like he didnt foul him ...till he saw the swish...

AllTheWay
05-12-2009, 11:53 PM
Didn't you hear? Melo's hand motion causes the weather to change. Just ask mardy collins.

Apparently the wind also caused Melo to run in horror.

avsman05
05-13-2009, 12:13 AM
Apparently the wind also caused Melo to run in horror.

:laugh: The "wind" is scary, kind of like the boogie man

nik.jd.aitken
05-13-2009, 12:19 AM
I hope he gets suspended, because this series really deserves to go 7.

braveniler58
05-13-2009, 03:02 AM
Yeah, I think he will be suspended, especially with his track history (the punch that got him suspended).

mfb_lt1birdman
05-13-2009, 07:45 AM
Elbow thrown out of aggression making contact with one's face. Umm yep he damn well should be suspended. If people are going to make a big stink out of Kobe's elbow, this is much worse and blatant.

If there is any question, the Mavs deserve the benefit of the doubt too given the events of game 3 which was stolen from them.

Denva4Life
05-13-2009, 06:17 PM
i like how you assume just because 1. if they did call a foul ... (there was still would of been 4 seconds left) .... no one can say just because they would of called a foul denver would of lost. 2. that if dallas did win game 3 ... we wouldnt of won game 4. if dallas did win game 3 ... game 4 would of been alot different. i mean say they call the foul ... ok we still get the ball back ... we inbound it to melo or mr.big shot and say one of them make it .... what now? no one can predict what would of happen if a foul was called except God himself.... so stop whining. ya'lls best chance at winnin the championship went down when Wade called dirk dirk... err i mean soft.

IBleedPurple
05-13-2009, 08:03 PM
There was no "phantom" call for Dirk, I have screenshots of Martins hand on Dirks arm if you like.

Ewwww, gross. :D

I didn't see much. And the thing that bothered me was the late whistle. The ball had almost hit the ground after the shot. The refs just waited to see if the shot went in, and since it didn't, it HAD to be a foul. Anyway, might be better for Denver since the layover for the next series will be shorter.

junion
05-13-2009, 08:21 PM
if he wasn't holding the ball, he would have shoved him in the shoulder. the ball threw his hand off a little, and made hit roll up towards his face. no suspension - and if they haven't announced it yet (30 minuted before the game), i doubt they would.

junion
05-13-2009, 08:24 PM
if kobe didnt get suspended than melo better not kobe actually hit above the shoulder ... and melo didnt ... wright needed to let go.... wright was still pissed about being the victim of a posterized game winning shot whislt acting like he didnt foul him ...till he saw the swish...

melo's was going to be on the shoulder, but the ball rolled his hand upwards.
and kobe's elbow was in artest's chest, artest was the one who exaggerated it as if it hit his neck. watch a damn replay from the baseline and you can see

Denva4Life
05-15-2009, 01:39 AM
melo's was going to be on the shoulder, but the ball rolled his hand upwards.
and kobe's elbow was in artest's chest, artest was the one who exaggerated it as if it hit his neck. watch a damn replay from the baseline and you can see

watch or read stu jacksons responce... it did hit his neck ...but it was a basketball move not intentional .... therefore it wasnt called for a suspension.