PDA

View Full Version : Kenyon Martin after game

mjj221
05-12-2009, 04:11 AM
I was watching and he was yelling at someone in the crowd. He was furious. I am assuming it has something to do with his Mom. Anyone know what the was about?

bigvdebo86
05-12-2009, 04:21 AM
my guess is cuban dumb ***

Sevilla91
05-12-2009, 04:24 AM
who cares!!

TmacBryant
05-12-2009, 04:32 AM
Update No. 2: I either fell asleep for two minutes or TNT didn't air this, but Art Garcia of the NBA.com Playoff Blog reports Martin came to the defense of his mother, Lydia, who is sitting about six rows up near the Denver end, while officials were reviewing a play in the second quarter. Apparently, K-Mart unleashed hell at the Dallas fans sitting around her:

"You [expletive] better cut the [expletive]," he shouted, as team personnel tried to pull him back to the huddle. "You’re going to get [expletive] up."

Martin then said to his mother: "Somebody do something to you, you better tell me. I’m going to [expletive] somebody up."

Security came to the area to speak with Martin's mom, but she remained in her seat. Yikes.

- yahoo.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------

lol K mart ftw.....

Game_Over
05-12-2009, 04:44 AM
From TNT after the game, fans were ejected from the game for throwing stuff at Martins mom and girl friend..

mjj221
05-12-2009, 04:50 AM
From TNT after the game, fans were ejected from the game for throwing stuff at Martins mom and girl friend..

That'll do it. This series is over. No chance the Mavs win in Denver. No chance.

Hawkize31
05-12-2009, 05:02 AM
That'll do it. This series is over. No chance the Mavs win in Denver. No chance.

I think that was true regardless of this incident.

stouderose
05-12-2009, 05:04 AM
^^^ for sure. deanver seems to be in a different class than all of the west right now

stawka
05-12-2009, 05:09 AM
K-Mart = GOAT.

Seriously, fans throwing stuff at K-Mart's mother and mrs??? WTF is with that? Yet people expect Kenyon to just sit there and watch?

Typical of the idiotic Mavs fan up there to say who cares... What would you do if clowns were dissing your mother and girlfriend? Sit there and watch? Oh wait...

mjj221
05-12-2009, 05:35 AM
I don't blame him. I'd be pissed off too.

Hawkize31
05-12-2009, 05:51 AM
K-Mart = GOAT.

Seriously, fans throwing stuff at K-Mart's mother and mrs??? WTF is with that? Yet people expect Kenyon to just sit there and watch?

Typical of the idiotic Mavs fan up there to say who cares... What would you do if clowns were dissing your mother and girlfriend? Sit there and watch? Oh wait...

To be honest, I would tell my family to stay away from that. Incidents like this are despicable, but they happen all the time. As a professional athlete, you should know not to take your family to an opposing team's stadium during a heated playoff battle. It seems fairly obvious that they would be the target of verbal harassment.

On top of that, now KMart has been dragged into it and it has become a distraction for his team, not to mention the chance that it could or could have resulted in a suspension. If he really said those things, someone easily could have been drunk or stupid and thrown a punch at him, or even a cup of water. KMart would have of course retaliated and we've seen how this story ends...

Just do the smart thing and keep targets of opportunity away from opposing fans, especially in their building.

DenButsu
05-12-2009, 06:01 AM

And they call us thugs. And they say we're not classy. :rolleyes:

Going after a dude's mom - yeah, that's what real men do. :nod:

stouderose
05-12-2009, 06:13 AM
wasnt it his current GF? i didnt think it was his sister. not that it makes any differnece. just trying to clarify

DenButsu
05-12-2009, 06:30 AM
wasnt it his current GF? i didnt think it was his sister. not that it makes any differnece. just trying to clarify

My bad, I misread a post above my that said "mother and mrs", I think I glazed over that and thought it said "sis". Sorry for confusion. Will edit.

NYstateofMinD
05-12-2009, 07:24 AM
That's stupid. People are so low these days, and Kenyon should **** them up. If someone did that to my girl and my mom I would do the same thing. It's the NBAs fault for allowing that, and allowing Mark Cuban to start it in the first place. I bet $ Mark Cuban would not have said that to Kenyon Martin's face, so why not go for his mother.

Big Quett
05-12-2009, 07:42 AM
To be honest, I would tell my family to stay away from that. Incidents like this are despicable, but they happen all the time. As a professional athlete, you should know not to take your family to an opposing team's stadium during a heated playoff battle. It seems fairly obvious that they would be the target of verbal harassment.

On top of that, now KMart has been dragged into it and it has become a distraction for his team, not to mention the chance that it could or could have resulted in a suspension. If he really said those things, someone easily could have been drunk or stupid and thrown a punch at him, or even a cup of water. KMart would have of course retaliated and we've seen how this story ends...

Just do the smart thing and keep targets of opportunity away from opposing fans, especially in their building.

You do know K Mart went to High School in Dallas right? So that means his moms probably still stays there. She probably never gets to see him play that often. So when he comes to town why should she have to stay at home?

Anyone

Ragun
05-12-2009, 07:46 AM
wow :pity: those fans. i hope his mom is alright.

codes238
05-12-2009, 07:48 AM
i really hope denver beats them by 30 on wednesday...

DenButsu
05-12-2009, 07:56 AM
It's the NBAs fault for allowing that, and allowing Mark Cuban to start it in the first place.

In fact, Cuban should have been prohibited from attending game 4 in the first place for giving a nice hard shove to a cameraman and verbally attacking K-Mart's mom after game 3. The league really dropped the ball in taking no action on that ****.l

KARob486
05-12-2009, 08:16 AM
I'm still trying to understand why this has turned into such a huge deal? I agree that Mark shouldn't have said that to his mother. However, this has been blown way out of proportion. Ok, he told K-Mart's mom her son was a punk.

This kind of thing happens at every kind of professional sporting event, as wrong as it may be. People get emotional and act out of emotion rather than thinking things through. It happens. Issue an apology, and move on. If it was someone other than Mark Cuban, this might not even make the headlines. I have heard things alot worse than being called a "punk." The media, as always, just wants to fuel the fire and start/build drama where they can.

One more thing. I read the rules for the posts that you made DenButsu. You state blanket insults will not be tolerated. Although you might not have stated it word for word, you in essence called all Dallas fans thugs, as well as classless earlier in this forum. As a Dallas fan who hasn't even been in attendance, I don't appreciate those sentiments.

Super.
05-12-2009, 09:01 AM

Thats terrible, and show no class by Denver fans. Even KG doesnt throw stuff at people!

DenButsu
05-12-2009, 09:13 AM
Thats terrible, and show no class by Denver fans. Even KG doesnt throw stuff at people!

Dallas fans. (The game was in Dallas, and Denver fans wouldn't throw stuff at Kenyon Martin's mom anyways).

mitch91
05-12-2009, 09:15 AM
i think i read that it was melo's girl and k-mart's mom

either way.....stupid dallas fans

maybe there still pissed after melo's game winning 3 lol

drobe86
05-12-2009, 09:25 AM
In fact, Cuban should have been prohibited from attending game 4 in the first place for giving a nice hard shove to a cameraman and verbally attacking K-Mart's mom after game 3. The league really dropped the ball in taking no action on that ****.l

No: The league dropped the ball with 7 seconds left to go in game 3. And Kenyon Martin is a thug so whats all the hoopla about. You are what are.
It wasn't like Cubes was lying!! Fans are getting ridiculous. Hell if he wasn't on ur team you would say hes a thug too. Denver fans stop fooling yourselves!! So what they throwing stuff at his mom and whoever. If you don't like it go up there and do something about it. plain and simple.

broncsnugzbrave
05-12-2009, 09:27 AM
What a bunch of classless SOBs

DenButsu
05-12-2009, 09:27 AM
I'm still trying to understand why this has turned into such a huge deal? I agree that Mark shouldn't have said that to his mother. However, this has been blown way out of proportion. Ok, he told K-Mart's mom her son was a punk.

This kind of thing happens at every kind of professional sporting event, as wrong as it may be. People get emotional and act out of emotion rather than thinking things through. It happens. Issue an apology, and move on. If it was someone other than Mark Cuban, this might not even make the headlines. I have heard things alot worse than being called a "punk." The media, as always, just wants to fuel the fire and start/build drama where they can.

One more thing. I read the rules for the posts that you made DenButsu. You state blanket insults will not be tolerated. Although you might not have stated it word for word, you in essence called all Dallas fans thugs, as well as classless earlier in this forum. As a Dallas fan who hasn't even been in attendance, I don't appreciate those sentiments.

No, I said Dallas fans call the Nuggets thugs and accuse them/us of being classless - and questioned the validity of that by "rolling my eyes" ( :rolleyes: ).

And it's true:

According to Cuban, a fan called the Nuggets “thugs” and he looked at Moore and said, “That includes your son.” However, Martin’s agent told the Denver Post that Cuban said, “Your son is a punk.”yahoo (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-cubanvsk-martsmom&prov=ap&type=lgns)

I think it's perfectly legitimate, if people are going to accuse K-Mart of being a "thug" for his hard foul in game 1, and if people are going to accuse Nuggets fans of being "classless" for not bending over backwards to say that Dallas deserved to win game 3 and Denver didn't (which I still do not consider to be true), to raise the question, which is more "thuggish" and "classless", those things or throwing things at and verbally attacking players' moms and girlfriends/wives? Mark Cuban started the finger pointing, fans picked up on it and rolled with it, and if accusations like that are going to be leveled at Nuggets players and fans, I think it's perfectly reasonable to look at the big picture of the entire situation and weigh things out.

That said, I don't mean to say that any of this applies to ALL Mavs fans, or even MOST Mavs fans, or even ANY of the Mavs fans who are PSD posters. It applies specifically to Cuban and his groupies at the arena there in Dallas. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough about that.

broncsnugzbrave
05-12-2009, 09:36 AM
No: The league dropped the ball with 7 seconds left to go in game 3. And Kenyon Martin is a thug so whats all the hoopla about. You are what are.
It wasn't like Cubes was lying!! Fans are getting ridiculous. Hell if he wasn't on ur team you would say hes a thug too. Denver fans stop fooling yourselves!! So what they throwing stuff at his mom and whoever. If you don't like it go up there and do something about it. plain and simple.

This sounds like what a grade schooler would use as an argument and is just a ridiculous statement all the way through. If you are going to foul someone don't put up your arms like oooops ref I didn't get him dont give me the foul. Cuban came on the court and was pushing cameramen and yelling at everyone let me tell you thats what we want as the face of a team in the NBA when the owners classless antics are bigger then the team. Last but not least you don't disrespect anyone like that unless you are an insecure little baby let alone disrespecting someone's mother like that. Cubes deserves to have his *** kicked for his dumbass antics and talking like that to someones mother and those fans who were being just as classless as their owner and need to be next ones to get a beat down.

drobe86
05-12-2009, 09:37 AM
All I am saying is the NBA cost us this series. They purposely blew a call to not give a chance in this series. So I say screw them all. Hell if Stern is in the crowd I hope they throw stuff and him. I hope when he goes outside of the building in downtown Dallas he gets jacked and someone him an *** whoopin to remember. Stern has been screwing the Mavs for a long time now. From the phantom fouls in the finals Vs. the Heat to that "mistake" that happened saturday. I better not see him on the street.

drobe86
05-12-2009, 09:43 AM
I'll say this again. If Denver fans or Kenyon don't like what happened in Dallas. Do something about it: Its apart of the territory. If you don't want things to get thrown at you don't go to the game. It's not rocket science. If you don't wanna run the risk of getting into accident don't drive. If you don't wanna get hung over don't drink. You people are making this too hard. Kenyon you don't like how we treat your family don't come to the game, or better yet go up there and do something about it.

DenButsu
05-12-2009, 09:45 AM
‘Hostile’ Dallas crowd harasses Nuggets families, friends

DALLAS – In the three games the Nuggets played in Dallas this season prior to Monday night, the team’s management has always been in the crowd but had never seen a scene quite like the one in Game 5.

By its end, security was permanently perched by Kenyon Martin’s mother, who had beer poured on her during the game. Martin himself, felt compelled to yell into the crowd in defense of his mom during a break in the second quarter. Carmelo Anthony’s wife, La La Vasquez, was fed up to the point where she retaliated with words and by throwing an object before leaving the game altogether in the fourth quarter. Nuggets assistant coach Jamahl Mosley left the bench early in the night to make certain Martin’s mother was alright. Obscenities were shouted nearly all night at Martin’s girlfriend, Trina. And Nuggets director of team security, Bobby Simmons, scurried back and forth through it all.

Rex Chapman, Nuggets vice president of player personnel, was among the Nuggets’ brass who were all severely turned off by if all.

“Short of a game I saw in Belgrade a couple of years ago where they were throwing chairs and setting off flares, it was about as dangerous a venue I’ve been in,” Chapman said. “It’s not fair to our players who have to sit there and worry about their families, friends, girlfriends and wives being, for lack of a better term, assaulted, verbally. It was really bad in there.”

Chapman did say arena security did what it could to diffuse the situation, but the crowd “was whipped into a frenzy for some reason. It was almost like it was open season on Kenyon’s mom, and Melo’s wife and Kenyon’s girlfriend. It was bad.”

Martin was booed loudly as he and Trina walked down a hallway in the American Airways Center after the game. Martin showed the crowd, which was in an arena bar, a middle finger.

Nuggets coach George Karl spoke out against the crowd’s behavior.

“I probably would use an uglier word than hostile,” said Karl of the scene. “I don’t think it was very classy.”

It was a sad end to a weird day that started out with Martin vowing to confront Mark Cuban about inflammatory comments the Mavericks owner made to his mom after Game 3. Anthony, in his postgame comments, called for Cuban to apologize. Mavericks president Terdema Ussery, apologized to Martin’s mother and other Nuggets families afterward for their problems with the crowd.

Karl, however, didn’t want Martin to let the situation get to him.

“I’ve gone through problems with Kenyon,” Karl said. “Kenyon’s a man. He doesn’t want to discuss his problems with (the media). He wants to discuss his problem with Mark. I would prefer he probably do it in the summertime; that would probably be best served for both of them. Let the emotion go away and then go have dinner.”

Cuban, this morning, took Karl’s advice. On his blog, blogmaverick.com, Cuban apologized to Martin and his mother, Lydia Moore and said he would be willing to take Martin and his family to dinner in the summer.

“It doesnt matter why I said it,” Cuban wrote. “I shouldn’t have said anything. Now, the reality is that this has gotten out of hand. … So at this point I would like to apologize to you and your mom KMart for my comment. I should have not said anything and I was wrong. Hopefully you will accept the apology and we can move on.

“When the series comes back to Dallas, your family, and the family of other Nuggets players are welcome to stay in my suite, with my family. Its amazing how tempers mellow when real people talk to each other and realize that its still just a game. If that isn’t acceptable, I’m happy to provide a suite, free of charge to them as well and place whatever security is needed to make them feel comfortable.”

Cuban also addressed the crowd issue in his blog, saying that “We tried to have enough additional security for them tonight as well, but I know your family and friends didn’t feel as comfortable as they should. I apologize for that as well. This arena is my responsibility, we could and should do a better job.”Denver Post (http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets/2009/05/12/hostile-dallas-crowd-harasses-nuggets-families-friends/)

drobe86
05-12-2009, 09:46 AM
And to be honest they tried to cheat us again. We got 4 or 5 technical foul calls against us. For absolutely nothing. The NBA is impossible.

DenButsu
05-12-2009, 09:47 AM
If you don't want things to get thrown at you don't go to the game.

Are you ****ing serious? Dude, I've been to Broncos games where Raiders fans are mixed into the crowd at Mile High. You won't find a more bitter rivalry than that, pretty much. But OF COURSE nobody is throwing **** at them! Are you out of your mind?

drobe86
05-12-2009, 09:51 AM
It's the freakin NBA get over it. Theres gonna be hostile crowds. I mean are you serious? I know this is the first time the Nuggets have ever been a factor in the NBA playoffs, but really the crowd is gonna be hostile. I mean thats NBA basketball. Things are gonna get thrown, Obscene words and things are gonna be said. If you scared go to church. This is about as ridiculous as the guy who wants an apology cuz Big Baby ran over his son. Who cares? If you don't like it get off the court, or better yet do something about it.

broncsnugzbrave
05-12-2009, 09:56 AM
All I am saying is the NBA cost us this series. They purposely blew a call to not give a chance in this series. So I say screw them all. Hell if Stern is in the crowd I hope they throw stuff and him. I hope when he goes outside of the building in downtown Dallas he gets jacked and someone him an *** whoopin to remember. Stern has been screwing the Mavs for a long time now. From the phantom fouls in the finals Vs. the Heat to that "mistake" that happened saturday. I better not see him on the street.

Again if you are going to foul don't throw your hands up bear hug the guy. Or make your shots down the stretch and don't let the nuggets even have a chance for the game winning shot.

broncsnugzbrave
05-12-2009, 10:04 AM
It's the freakin NBA get over it. Theres gonna be hostile crowds. I mean are you serious? I know this is the first time the Nuggets have ever been a factor in the NBA playoffs, but really the crowd is gonna be hostile. I mean thats NBA basketball. Things are gonna get thrown, Obscene words and things are gonna be said. If you scared go to church. This is about as ridiculous as the guy who wants an apology cuz Big Baby ran over his son. Who cares? If you don't like it get off the court, or better yet do something about it.

Wow I am done responding to your comments after this it seems to me that you must be some kind of thug yourself if you think thats how sporting events should be where **** is thrown and beer is wasted by pouring it on others......

My best friend is a Raiders fan and and my opinion there are not many rivalries as heated as Broncos Raiders and when we go to games in Denver people don't like that he is a Raiders fan but they still treat him with respect and show class by not throwing **** at him or pouring beer on him.

AWC713
05-12-2009, 10:10 AM
I'll say this again. If Denver fans or Kenyon don't like what happened in Dallas. Do something about it: Its apart of the territory. If you don't want things to get thrown at you don't go to the game. It's not rocket science. If you don't wanna run the risk of getting into accident don't drive. If you don't wanna get hung over don't drink. You people are making this too hard. Kenyon you don't like how we treat your family don't come to the game, or better yet go up there and do something about it.

this is why i hate dallas fans....

full of ignorance

drobe86
05-12-2009, 10:17 AM
Ok so what did I say in my above statement that was wrong? If you don't wanna run the risk of an accident would you still drive? This is the NBA playoffs, we were screwed in game 3, our patience is thin. Don't come to the game. If you don't want big baby running you over. Dont get sideline seats. Whats the big deal?

Big Quett
05-12-2009, 10:17 AM

So getting blown out the 1st two games had nothing to do with the Mavs ultimately loosing the series?

And not playing any D and allowing 109 and 117 points in the first 2 games had nothing to do with it?

I think the only reason Denver lost was because the Birdman wasnt there. They missed he D. And all these off the court issues are only going to make them mad. And i think Dallas is going to get beat by at least 20

drobe86
05-12-2009, 10:26 AM
Well thats your opinion. And yeah I believe that we r done in this series do to game 3. However, if we get back to Dallas, we will go to game 7. And anything can happen. But I like you guys to win in Game 5. I'm not shocked we been getting screwed for years

Hawkize31
05-12-2009, 10:34 AM
You do know K Mart went to High School in Dallas right? So that means his moms probably still stays there. She probably never gets to see him play that often. So when he comes to town why should she have to stay at home?

Anyone

I actually did not have any idea where KMart was from, but it really doesn't matter. When you are playing against another team in the playoffs, their fans are not on your side, even if you are from their town.

KMart knows this. So putting your mother and girlfriend in the stands and then winning a close game against the home team, it's easy to see where this could lead. I just think its risky. I've seen much worse than throwing stuff happen between fans in the heat of the moment, and if I was a superstar athlete, I would know that I was a target and so was my family.

And that obviously played out in Dallas, where they feel extra cheated anyway.

Patriots81
05-12-2009, 10:35 AM
I was watching and he was yelling at someone in the crowd. He was furious. I am assuming it has something to do with his Mom. Anyone know what the was about?

Mark Cuban said somethin about the nuggets bein thugs and was walkin away and told Martins mom including your son

Jay22Redd
05-12-2009, 10:47 AM

I dont think anyone knew that was Kenyon Martin's mother until they heard it on tv though.

colinskik
05-12-2009, 10:49 AM
You are the biggest dumbf-u-c-k of all time. Getting stuff thrown at you isn't a consequence of going to a sporting event like a hangover is to drinking. Just shut your mouth and stay in that stupid *** state of yours.

EDIT: Plus, if you say "do something about it" Martin cannot due to the double standards. What, do you really want another Artest in the stands ordeal?

drobe86
05-12-2009, 10:55 AM
You are the biggest dumbf-u-c-k of all time. Getting stuff thrown at you isn't a consequence of going to a sporting event like a hangover is to drinking. Just shut your mouth and stay in that stupid *** state of yours.

Whatever. This series should be tied to 2-2, but we will lose this series do to the "mistake" from game 4. So I say the heck with it. No matter what happens the NBA will screw us and say "oops sorry". S o from hear on out, make life hard for Denver and their fans. I hope they all go to fair park and get robbed. I hate them all Nuggets, Rocky Mountains whatever. Forget the series cause we can't beat Denver and the Refs. So screw them all. I hope it turns to the palace at Auburn Hills all over again. Except we will rise up and beat down both Denver players and NBA refs.

drobe86
05-12-2009, 10:56 AM
game 3

Thatruth32
05-12-2009, 11:03 AM
at the end of the day hes a man first before basketball player.. we can all point fingers but what would u do?

colinskik
05-12-2009, 11:03 AM
^^ok, so I see I'm dealing with an idiot here.

Randy West
05-12-2009, 11:16 AM
Stay classy Dallas

Jah king
05-12-2009, 11:17 AM
update no. 2: I either fell asleep for two minutes or tnt didn't air this, but art garcia of the nba.com playoff blog reports martin came to the defense of his mother, lydia, who is sitting about six rows up near the denver end, while officials were reviewing a play in the second quarter. Apparently, k-mart unleashed hell at the dallas fans sitting around her:

"you [expletive] better cut the [expletive]," he shouted, as team personnel tried to pull him back to the huddle. "you’re going to get [expletive] up."

martin then said to his mother: "somebody do something to you, you better tell me. I’m going to [expletive] somebody up."

security came to the area to speak with martin's mom, but she remained in her seat. Yikes.

- yahoo.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------

lol k mart ftw.....savages they are all savages...its a sport, a game.. Play to win of course , not to yell at fans... Fans need to calm down... Leave mum alone , bash her boy not her, she dont have the prison tatts k mart does.

Thatruth32
05-12-2009, 11:17 AM
^^ok, so I see I'm dealing with an idiot here.

i know that wasnt for me

bahama0811
05-12-2009, 11:37 AM
Whatever. This series should be tied to 2-2, but we will lose this series do to the "mistake" from game 4. So I say the heck with it. No matter what happens the NBA will screw us and say "oops sorry". S o from hear on out, make life hard for Denver and their fans. I hope they all go to fair park and get robbed. I hate them all Nuggets, Rocky Mountains whatever. Forget the series cause we can't beat Denver and the Refs. So screw them all. I hope it turns to the palace at Auburn Hills all over again. Except we will rise up and beat down both Denver players and NBA refs.

Ignorant, you don't have a ****ing clue. The Mavs had their chance to put game 3 away. It wasn't the refs or the Nuggets that missed 2 FT's in the last few minutes of the game. It wasn't the refs or the Nuggets that missed the easy jump shot from the FT line with 8 seconds left. It wasn't the refs or the Nuggets that didn't use all of the shot clock on the Mavs final possession. It wasn't the refs or the Nuggets that tried to make a touch foul instead of wrapping up Melo. No, that was your beloved Mavericks. It wasn't the refs or the Nuggets that went running onto the court and pushing cameramen. It wasn't the refs or the Nuggets that started yelling at an opposing teams family members. It was your beloved owner and classy fans. Stop whining about getting a game stolen from you. Your team lost, easy as that. Grow up. Players family members go to almost every game. They don't deserve to have beer poured on them or obscenities yelled at them. They deserve to be treated just like you'd want to be treated.

Tmac,lt,berkman
05-12-2009, 11:46 AM
^^^ for sure. Deanver seems to be in a different class than all of the west right now

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllll no have no chance against lakers or rockets end of discussion..

AIMelo=KillaDUO
05-12-2009, 11:48 AM

dumbass your not supposed to throw things on the floor or at the players... it's supposed to be BASKETBALL, the personal lives of these players should be kept out of it. your lucky the Denver Nugget's players and Fans have class cuz they could ran up in tha stands like the Detroit Pistons.

WHAT IF MELO MISSES THE SHOT!!! then it's 2-2! Melo hit the shot and won the game... u play till the whistle.... don't blame the game on the refs blame it on your team.
I better not see u on the streets. :laugh:

RaiderLakersA's
05-12-2009, 11:54 AM

And this is why what Cuban did was so wrong. Or was he too stupid to grasp that by making K-Mart's mom an unsuspecting target that his followers, some of them far more unhinged than he, would see that as a green light to target her, too? This is why you keep the emotion of the game, and the bad blood, between the players. If the owner is going to get involved, he, too, should direct his ire at the players, if he's going to say anything at all. Leave the family out of it.

That said, I'm glad this is the NBA and not the NFL. Had Cuban mouthed off to the mother of a Raiders player, he would be a marked man for life. LOL :no::guns:

oracle650
05-12-2009, 12:40 PM
I can only imagine what cuban was saying in 07 to the warriors LOL

broncofangene
05-12-2009, 01:01 PM
The Mavericks and their fans are a freaking joke. Mark Cuban and those clowns make Raiders fans look classy. I feel bad for Dirk because he's the only player on that team that deserves a ring.

Im actually glad the Nuggets lost this game so they have to come back to Denver. Get ready to be ****ed with all night on Wednesday you ******* Cuban.

EX-TREME
05-12-2009, 01:10 PM
they are bashing his mother because they can't come up with something better :pity:

Vinny642
05-12-2009, 04:19 PM
Even though I hate Martin, leave families out of this, classless fans.

Kakaroach
05-12-2009, 05:06 PM
Dallas people getting too thuggish, much like the people they are saying are thuggish. Hypocrasy much?

LayZbone
05-12-2009, 05:16 PM
Seriously, how could these Nuggets players even keep their heads in the game when their families are having stuff thrown at them, mom's having beer poured on them....wtf. It's not a normal consequence for going to a sporting event either.....whoever said that...

This was blown out of proportion because of what Mark Cuban said to Kmart's mom, which Kmart acknowledged to the media saying he'll take care of it. The drama of this story, plastered all over the news is what caused these fans to get so ridiculous. They're putting Kmart's mom's face all over ESPN, and these dumb*** fans are like "Yeah! let's **** that ***** up!"

Verbal Christ
05-12-2009, 05:16 PM
cuban is the biggest douche in the world IMO, not sure if anyone picked up on this, but not only does he not apologize, he sarcastically went on to say that kmarts mom could sit next to him if she wanted to. cwebb, kenny and charles were all over the guy. talk about sore losers and poor sportsmanship, instead of crying over a foul that your coach should have let the refs know was about to be committed intentionally, why not stop getting blown out, last night aside. dallas fan, rubs it in your eye when they are up, kicks you in the nuts when they are down .... hmmmm strangely enough that sounds like some other fans :rolleyes:

Young2Kinsler
05-12-2009, 05:28 PM
First off, I'd like to extend an appology from myself, for all of us real Mavs fans. People need to realize in Dallas the lower bowl in the arena is rich north Dallas *******s in their suits and blackberrys all game, and they just don't have any respect for anyone. Throwing things or yelling at some one besides a player should never be done, in any instance. Their anger was directed at the refs, but that gives them no reason to act like that.

For the most part, us Mavs fans are not known for acting like that, and it pisses me off when these idiots try to give us a label that doesn't pertain to all of us. To you fans who act like this, or think it is ok and condone this action, pack your crap and get back to whatever classless northern city you are from. This is Texas, behave yourself with some pride.

Although KMart is no angel, no ones family deserves that treatment, we all know this. This series has been hard fought and physical all the way through, and while I myself agree with the sentament that the officiating has been horrid, that gives no one a reason to act like an ignorant *******. I personally think the 8 games between these 2 teams this year have been some of the best in the NBA, and I hope Dallas can keep it going, though going to win in Denver will be tough.

Anyways, I digress, to you idiots who took this action or side with them, you know where you can go....

_Sn1P3r_
05-12-2009, 05:28 PM
Wow, that's an awful thing to do. You don't throw things at someone's mom, very disrespectful. IF someone did that to my mom, hell would break loose.

JIDsanity
05-12-2009, 05:29 PM

Doesn't matter its not about the game at that point. If I'm Kmart, and someone throws something at my mom, and/or my girl Im going to unleash hell on them.

JIDsanity
05-12-2009, 05:30 PM
Wow, that's an awful thing to do. You don't throw things at someone's mom, very disrespectful. IF someone did that to my mom, hell would break loose.
Exactly

bahama0811
05-12-2009, 05:32 PM
First off, I'd like to extend an appology from myself, for all of us real Mavs fans. People need to realize in Dallas the lower bowl in the arena is rich north Dallas *******s in their suits and blackberrys all game, and they just don't have any respect for anyone. Throwing things or yelling at some one besides a player should never be done, in any instance. Their anger was directed at the refs, but that gives them no reason to act like that.

For the most part, us Mavs fans are not known for acting like that, and it pisses me off when these idiots try to give us a label that doesn't pertain to all of us. To you fans who act like this, or think it is ok and condone this action, pack your crap and get back to whatever classless northern city you are from. This is Texas, behave yourself with some pride.

Although KMart is no angel, no ones family deserves that treatment, we all know this. This series has been hard fought and physical all the way through, and while I myself agree with the sentament that the officiating has been horrid, that gives no one a reason to act like an ignorant *******. I personally think the 8 games between these 2 teams this year have been some of the best in the NBA, and I hope Dallas can keep it going, though going to win in Denver will be tough.

Anyways, I digress, to you idiots who took this action or side with them, you know where you can go....

Very good post from a Mavs fan!!!:clap:

Young2Kinsler
05-12-2009, 05:33 PM
For the Cuban bashers, I'll agree that Mark should of kept his mouth shut towards Kenyons mother, but let's not make the guy out to be some sort of monster he isn't.

Mark is a very passionate owner, a good one at that, but even more so a fan. I know he is just plain nuts sometimes, and even myself wish he would just sit down and be quiet at times. But please don't paint the wrong picture of him. I've met the guy, he is very personalable and down to earth, and he just made a mistake. We all say things in the heat of the moment we wish we could take back, he is human like anyone else. We have all done it, so let's not burn him at the stake for being human.

Vinny642
05-12-2009, 05:40 PM
I think Cuban should stay away from Denver's stadium as should Kenyon's mom as long as this series goes on.

Vinny642
05-12-2009, 05:41 PM
Very good post from a Mavs fan!!!:clap:

Yes it was, hopefully nothing like this happens for the rest of the playoffs were people go at players families.

Game_Over
05-12-2009, 05:45 PM

Great post:clap:

I think Cuban should stay away from Denver's stadium as should Kenyon's mom as long as this series goes on.
Cuban has already said he is NOT going to game 5 in Denver, he is receiving an award or something but I think hes skered lol..

kblo247
05-12-2009, 05:46 PM

You are a very good sensible fan.

I agree completely

Randy West
05-12-2009, 05:47 PM
I mean wasn't Kenyon a high school star basketball player in the Dallas area

Bryan Adams high or something along those lines.........state champs while Kenyon played ball for them. Or maybe they just competed for the state championship I can't fully remember.

I am originally from Texas......moved away when I was young but man we treated our Texas athletes like stars back in the day.

Young2Kinsler
05-12-2009, 05:59 PM
For you guys like drobe, sevilla, and whoever else wants to take the fans side, get back in your sheep pen. If you can't quit being a MavsSheep for 2 seconds and be unbiased, then stay in the Mavs forum. If you wanna make ignorant comments, keep it in the Mavs forum. This is big boy land, so grow up or go home. I can't stand fans who can't rise above a situation and see reality.

Also about game 3, let's move on. It still irks me, no doubt, but it's not changing. Dallas fans will continue to bring it up, and I can't blame them for the most part, but Denver fans don't need to egg it on by saying it wasn't wrong, when the league came out and said so. I don't want to hear your opinion of how Wright SHOULD of fouled, he fouled, end of it. That being said, you can't predict the outcome of the game had the whistle blew, but I will still wonder what this series would look like going back to Denver 2-2.

Cuban is recieving an award, a very good one, for his work in digital media. He is co-founder of HDnet and has done alot for the developement of that industry. The guy is a great person, let's cut him some slack.

BTownTeamsRKing
05-12-2009, 06:22 PM
Nuggets are going to thrash the mavs in game 5 in DENVER. that crowd is going to be unruly and wild and the Nuggets are going to feed off of it.

This could be a 40 pt game. The crowd is going to get behind Kmart and Melo.

Your team is like your family. the way the nuggets were treated in dallas will be repaid in Denver to the mavericks.

I would not want to be dallas going into this buzzsaw. It has potential to be a franchise embarrasing loss like the lakers loss to the Celtics last year in game 6.