PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Rose & Chauncey Billups

mjj221
05-12-2009, 02:58 AM
Billups is one of my favorite players in how he LEADS teams. He truly doesn't care about #s and just wants wins. Derrick Rose really impressed me this season. I read that Rose's favorite player is Chauncey Billups. I think Billups would be a very interesting player for Rose to study.

Anyone else see Rose as a more athletic Billups?

Joshtd1
05-12-2009, 03:14 AM
When I look at Rose play, I see more of a Deron Williams type player for some reason.

Nikolishin
05-12-2009, 03:15 AM
derrick rose makes me think of good ol isiah thomas. its good that his favorite player is chauncey, reason being he was the stones savior. miss him /cry

Ni55anpat
05-12-2009, 03:21 AM
If D. Rose could should the 3 ball.......damn

mjj221
05-12-2009, 03:47 AM
He'll learn the 3. I'm not worried about that at all.
I just don't want him deferring to anyone next year. I want to see the Bulls be his team.

Big Quett
05-12-2009, 03:49 AM
When I look at Rose play, I see more of a Deron Williams type player for some reason.

If D. Rose could shoot the 3 ball.......damn

Yeah i think that is what separates D Will from Rose. Much like LeBron when he gets a consistent jumper he will be deadly.

D Rose is the minny version of LeBron. He is just more physically dominant than most pg's. And like LeBron he looks for contact. And we see how unstoppable LeBron has become with the development of a jumper.

mjj221
05-12-2009, 04:00 AM
From everything I read and see of Rose, the dude will do the work in the off season. I think next year his jumper will be much better.

Bullsfan22
05-12-2009, 12:49 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing rose take complete control of this team next year. If you look at what he did his rookie season he's right on pace with how lebron came into the league, people said that lebron was way too passive and needed to show more control of the team in his rookie year. Me personally i think you have to earn your stripes as a rookie and defer sometimes to not step on any of the veterans' toes and that"s what lebron and rose did their rookie year. The best is yet to come with this guy and i can't for him to prove the people wrong that says he's overrated, because he hasn't even scratched the surface of his potential.

what54!?
05-12-2009, 12:52 PM
If he gets billups shot and b-ball IQ, sure. Not hating on rose man, dude is a stud.

Master Mind
05-12-2009, 01:00 PM
I thought his favorite player was Lebron?

J-Relo
05-12-2009, 01:02 PM
I see Rose becoming better than Billups

superkegger
05-12-2009, 04:10 PM
I don't think there's really a whole lot of comparison between Rose and Billups. Pretty different player. Chauncey is a great model to study, because as mentioned, it's not about what his numbers are, but what his impact is. WHich is something more players need to be more concious of, having the ability to majorly impact a game without putting up big numbers. Not that there is anything wrong with big numbers, (chauncey's numbers are pretty decent and he does have big games), just some players think that's the only way to impact a game.

Chronz
05-12-2009, 04:16 PM
I heard he modeled his game after a young Stevie Franchise

If a player this athletic ends up possessing Billups skill set then he'll go down as the best PG in the game.

MiamiHeat
05-12-2009, 04:17 PM
he's favorite player is MJ

Who's your favorite player?

Rose: "Michael Jordan."
http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith_roseinterview_090213.html

:shrug:

Chronz
05-12-2009, 04:17 PM
I don't think there's really a whole lot of comparison between Rose and Billups. Pretty different player. Chauncey is a great model to study, because as mentioned, it's not about what his numbers are, but what his impact is. WHich is something more players need to be more concious of, having the ability to majorly impact a game without putting up big numbers. Not that there is anything wrong with big numbers, (chauncey's numbers are pretty decent and he does have big games), just some players think that's the only way to impact a game.
Theyre beyond pretty decent, they are incredible. Name me another PG who was this efficient throughout his prime

superkegger
05-12-2009, 04:25 PM
Theyre beyond pretty decent, they are incredible. Name me another PG who was this efficient throughout his prime

Right, but what I'm speaking more to the numbers most people go off, ppg, apg, spg, etc... Not a lot of people look at TS%, ast to TO ratio and ast% along with how that works with usage and how high his offensive rating is. Those kind of things are largely ignored. He is incredibly efficient, but most people don't know of those stats, or look at them. I mean how often do you hear, man, chauncey (or any player for that matter) is awesome, look at his true shooting percentage and his offensive rating compared to his usage %, that's insanely good. Rarely.

Chronz
05-12-2009, 04:26 PM
So your letting the ignorant dictate your logic?

superkegger
05-12-2009, 04:30 PM
No, I'm explaining things in a way they'll understand.

BkOriginalOne
05-12-2009, 04:45 PM
Billups is a better shooter, leader, decision maker and defender. No way.

Chronz
05-12-2009, 04:51 PM
No, I'm explaining things in a way they'll understand.

By giving them bad information? Now thats just selfish

Id rather be questioned with WTF's are you talking about, 14-2 arent huge numbers or whatever the case may be, than continue underrating one of our generations best players. A year ago people thought Tmac was better than him because of his 20-5-5 line.

Cubs Win
05-12-2009, 04:55 PM

Oh yeah..I heard somewhere that Derrick Rose was only a rookie this year? Billups is a vet and a really good one. This is comparing Rose's future to Billup's present. If you think Rose can't be as good as Billups then your just ignorant.

Nocioni5
05-12-2009, 05:11 PM

Ok captain obvious, Rose is a Rookie, If you want to compare Rose to anything compare him to Chauncey's rookie year and that still wouldn't be accurate since Chauncey had far less minutes than Rose. Rose is Rose and hopefully he wont have to copy anyone else's game and one day he can have people trying to copy his.

Bullsfan22
05-12-2009, 10:37 PM
wrong forum

mjj221
05-17-2009, 03:44 PM
Rose: 'I'm Trying To Follow LeBron'

He's going to work out in Los Angeles and he wants to follow LeBron.

ragee
05-17-2009, 04:23 PM
Nope...

Jay22Redd
05-17-2009, 04:31 PM
he can be better imo

IndiansFan337
05-17-2009, 04:40 PM
Billups is a better defender & shooter. Rose is faster, stronger & better at getting to the rim. Rose still has room to improve though.

VinceGully
05-17-2009, 04:43 PM
I heard he modeled his game after a young Stevie Franchise

If a player this athletic ends up possessing Billups skill set then he'll go down as the best PG in the game.

HAHAHA. Your sig is HILARIOUS!!!

Cubs Win
05-17-2009, 05:13 PM
Billups is a better defender & shooter. Rose is faster, stronger & better at getting to the rim. Rose still has room to improve though.

Whats good though, is that Rose knows his shooting and defense can be improved and he's already said he plans on working really hard on them this offseason. Defense and shooting are also things that can be improved easier (IMO) than speed and strength. So I am in no means disagreeing with you, just adding in some of my thoughts on it. Rose will get MUCH, MUCH better over the next few seasons. And that is scary for all the other point guards.

mjj221
05-17-2009, 05:25 PM
Rose has the ability and size to dominate his position the way LeBron dominates his position. I like that he's looking up to LeBron. Rose will not defer next year late in games. He will play aggressive throughout and he'll finally start getting some calls.

On a side note, I'd take Rose over Durant right now. I know they are completely different players, but they are both franchise players who have yet fully erupted yet. On talent and on what I have seen, I like Rose more.