PDA

View Full Version : The Cav's vacation is finally over!!!!

gangis2169
05-12-2009, 01:03 AM
After dismantling a Detroit Pistons team that is old and did not want to be in the playoffs so bad they sold there home game tickets to Cavs fans (basically giving up) and now sweeping an injury riddled Atlanta Hawks team it looks like Cleveland is finally going to get to play a team that wants to win the championship in the next round. I hope that Orlando makes it because they have a better chance against the Cavs. We will see how this plays out. Sorry i have been getting tired of watching Lebron kill Mo Evans for four games. Boring!

IRUAM #21
05-12-2009, 01:08 AM
good for you ?

Lebron23
05-12-2009, 01:11 AM
Good for you.

braveniler58
05-12-2009, 01:12 AM
Actually, no, it isn't. They still have to wait for a winner to come out of the Celtics-Magic series.

superkegger
05-12-2009, 01:17 AM
Actually, no, it isn't. They still have to wait for a winner to come out of the Celtics-Magic series.

Damnit, this is what I was going to say.

IRUAM #21
05-12-2009, 01:20 AM
Damnit, this is what I was going to say.

Yo keg

Waaaaaaaazzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

superkegger
05-12-2009, 01:32 AM
Yo keg

Waaaaaaaazzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't really know what that means. :confused:

but none the less.

QFT

Hawkize31
05-12-2009, 01:40 AM
I'm not sure if he will be able to, but if LeBron continues to bomb threes like he has so far, the vacation will continue. Its debatable if any team can guard him inside. There is no chance teams can guard him inside AND outside. If LeBron can hurt you from inside and outside, he is unstoppable.

Orlando, Boston, Denver, and Los Angeles better pray for colder 3 point shooting from LeBron or its going to be a long 8 games for fans of teams not in Cleveland.

IRUAM #21
05-12-2009, 01:42 AM
I don't really know what that means. :confused:

but none the less.

QFT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhQzMRfT-Es

superkegger
05-12-2009, 01:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhQzMRfT-Es

I figured, but i just wasn't quite sure that you were trying to bring that back. What is this, 2003? :p

madiaz3
05-12-2009, 03:21 AM
I'm not sure if he will be able to, but if LeBron continues to bomb threes like he has so far, the vacation will continue. Its debatable if any team can guard him inside. There is no chance teams can guard him inside AND outside. If LeBron can hurt you from inside and outside, he is unstoppable.

Orlando, Boston, Denver, and Los Angeles better pray for colder 3 point shooting from LeBron or its going to be a long 8 games for fans of teams not in Cleveland.

If he can sustain his three point shot against either Orlando/Boston and his finals opponent then sign me up he's the greatest player ever. We'll see just how far his improved shooting can take him! I'm excited to watch.

stawka
05-12-2009, 03:23 AM
Jesus, when's this gonna stop? Probably the off-season.

The Cavs swept the first round BUT it was to an old Detroit team
The Cavs swept the second round BUT it was to a young athletic team
The Cavs win the ECF BUT it's to a KG-less/Nelson-less Celtics team/Magic team
The Cavs win the Finals BUT it's to a Yao-less Rockets team/Iverson-less Nuggets team/Shaq-less Lakers team?

The excuses for the Cavs great run are ridiculous and need to stop. It's not like they ONLY beat on poor teams this year, because they destroyed every team bar the Lakers. This BS really needs to stop because you're kidding yourself and your little insecurities

Big Quett
05-12-2009, 03:41 AM
Sorry i have been getting tired of watching Lebron kill Mo Evans for four games. Boring!

Yeah because Rashard and Turk are really going to shut him down right?. :rolleyes:And maybe Paul can hold him under 50..GOOD LUCK WITH THAT

stouderose
05-12-2009, 05:09 AM
lbj's league for the next ten years. its really a scary scary though. im lookin forward to it no matter who they pound on

codes238
05-12-2009, 07:52 AM
i think theyll beat either boston or the magic in 5 games to be honest...

Unruly Fan
05-12-2009, 09:11 AM
The Cavs win the Finals BUT it's to a Yao-less Rockets team/Iverson-less Nuggets team/Shaq-less Lakers team?
That was dumb... Especially the "Iverson-less Nuggets team/Shaq-less Lakers team" part. Why not put him up against the 2008 Olyimpic team or better yet! the '93 bulls? Do those teams have enough "good" players in them for you?

BTownTeamsRKing
05-12-2009, 09:29 AM
If the Celtics advance, and the cavs beat them, it will not be easy by any means. This Celtics team can be dead and still fight til the end. They arent going to lay down and die like an old dog (pistons). They do not have a MORON for a coach (hawks).

The Magic could beat them, but SVG has to be figure out how to motivate his team. Dwight can own big Z. Rashard can own verajao. defensively, they should play the trap defense the way the Celtics played lebron when KG was playing.

still1ballin
05-12-2009, 09:51 AM
wazaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

PhillySportFan
05-12-2009, 09:58 AM
I think if they get the Celtics, it's a sweep, if they get the Magic, they'll lose 1. Cavs are at way to high of a level for these 2 teams who can't be consistently the same team when the Cavs can.

JordansBulls
05-12-2009, 10:15 AM
After dismantling a Detroit Pistons team that is old and did not want to be in the playoffs so bad they sold there home game tickets to Cavs fans (basically giving up) and now sweeping an injury riddled Atlanta Hawks team it looks like Cleveland is finally going to get to play a team that wants to win the championship in the next round. I hope that Orlando makes it because they have a better chance against the Cavs. We will see how this plays out. Sorry i have been getting tired of watching Lebron kill Mo Evans for four games. Boring!

The problem is the Cavs are the top seed and no matter who they play between Boston or Orlando, either team has an allstar out for the series.
However Orlando stands a much greater chance against Cleveland without Nelson than the Celtics do without KG.

masalex1205
05-12-2009, 10:32 AM

The excuses for the Cavs great run are ridiculous and need to stop. It's not like they ONLY beat on poor teams this year, because they destroyed every team bar the Lakers. This BS really needs to stop because you're kidding yourself and your little insecurities

Have you been watching basketball? Getting rid of Iverson and bringing in Billups is the best thing theyu've ever done and the Lakers got rid of Shaq like four years ago.

The Cavs EARNED the top seed and therefore the right to play the teams in the first couple of rounds that aren't up to the challenge.

DJ CHACH
05-12-2009, 11:01 AM
i think since lebron did such a great job taking bibby to school in every game, that lebron should work on posting up boobie gibson in practice and he'll be ready....LEBRON IS A FLUKE..of those 47 he had, he needed 3 picks just to get bibby to switch on to him, and when bibby switched lebron just went right past him, took 3 steps to the basket or 3 steps to the baseline and elevated for his ugly and ******** form jumpshot...the only time he scored on joe Johnson was that buzzer beater...the whole cavs offense that series was set him as many picks as necessary in order to get bibby to switch and then lebron could do anything(including travel and work on his shot)...lebron is a baby, he cant take on someone who is originally guarding him, he needs like 2 illegal screen from big z adn vaerjao so that he can take a pg to the hole and dunk on him for his next nike ad...all the announcer are like "WOW look how easy he makes it, and what an incredible package he has"..ill give him one thing, his body is out of control and his versatility is a great asset to his game, but im not crowning him anything if he only shows me that on mike bibby for the entire series...when he went at josh smith, jsmoove blocked the **** outta him, so lebron never did it again, he just waited for a mismatch to switch to him..what a baby..i would love to see lebron and ron artest guarding him...artest gets over the screens so that lebrons hopes of going one on one with brooks dont last long...i understand that he is a mismatch for everyone, but at least take someone ur own size, and not the pg

cmstophe
05-12-2009, 11:06 AM
i think since lebron did such a great job taking bibby to school in every game, that lebron should work on posting up boobie gibson in practice and he'll be ready....LEBRON IS A FLUKE..of those 47 he had, he needed 3 picks just to get bibby to switch on to him, and when bibby switched lebron just went right past him, took 3 steps to the basket or 3 steps to the baseline and elevated for his ugly and ******** form jumpshot...the only time he scored on joe Johnson was that buzzer beater...the whole cavs offense that series was set him as many picks as necessary in order to get bibby to switch and then lebron could do anything(including travel and work on his shot)...lebron is a baby, he cant take on someone who is originally guarding him, he needs like 2 illegal screen from big z adn vaerjao so that he can take a pg to the hole and dunk on him for his next nike ad...all the announcer are like "WOW look how easy he makes it, and what an incredible package he has"..ill give him one thing, his body is out of control and his versatility is a great asset to his game, but im not crowning him anything if he only shows me that on mike bibby for the entire series...when he went at josh smith, jsmoove blocked the **** outta him, so lebron never did it again, he just waited for a mismatch to switch to him..what a baby..i would love to see lebron and ron artest guarding him...artest gets over the screens so that lebrons hopes of going one on one with brooks dont last long...i understand that he is a mismatch for everyone, but at least take someone ur own size, and not the pg

quit crying

Kenny
05-12-2009, 11:07 AM

congrats worst post on this forum, you make Armin look smart

rhaas74
05-12-2009, 11:09 AM

When you sweep your first series you are able to find things like this and exploit them. You want to punish the Cavs because they have a high basketball IQ? Why do you think Brown won coach of the year? Your right though, instead of going for the easier points he should go against the toughest defender. You would be a brilliant coach.

da wood
05-12-2009, 11:33 AM
and theres goes the scape goat for the thread

nycericanguy
05-12-2009, 11:50 AM

im a knicks fan, but he does have a point. the #1 seed cavs obviously get the easiest playoff schedule. and yes if they play the celtics without KG that obviously makes a difference or if they play the rockets without Yao.

But umm iverson and shaq dont play for lakers and nuggets anymore so i dont get your point there, thats just a dumb statement.

its a weird post season, its unfortunate so many teams are without their stars. it would have been great to see teams at full strentgh, but the cavs can only play the schedule, they have been fortunate to be healthy but they cant control who they play.

cmstophe
05-12-2009, 12:08 PM
My question is this: people are all over the Cavs and discrediting them because they have had an easy road so far, how about giving some credit to the Cavs and the way they played? Sure, Detroit is an 8 seed, sure Atlanta isn't that great of a team, the Cavs are the #1 seed for a reason. They earned that right to have the easy road.

Just like the Boston Celtics last year. What, a Hawks team that is weaker than this year's Hawks team was supposed to be a "tough matchup" for the Celtics during their title run? Yet it went 7 games. What, an average Cavaliers team was supposed to be tough for Boston? Yet it went 7 games.

The only reason you people weren't saying the same thing about Boston last year is because Boston choked up and needed 7 games to finish off two vastly inferior opponents, whereas this year the Cavaliers actually took care of business and swept two vastly inferior opponents.

Think about that for a second.

gcoll
05-12-2009, 12:24 PM

Orlando and Boston are both mediocre.

The Cavs should get by either of them.

D Blue987
05-12-2009, 12:32 PM
Lebron wont be able to go off on LA if they meet in the finals. Kobe will guard Lebron sometimes in that series. Most games we have seen before with the two of them were close. I just dont know that Cleveland can beat LA with LA's big men in the middle. In any rate. These next two series wont be pushovers for Cleveland. They will actually have to play in order to advance in this thing.

Unruly Fan
05-12-2009, 12:33 PM
When you sweep your first series you are able to find things like this and exploit them. You want to punish the Cavs because they have a high basketball IQ? Why do you think Brown won coach of the year? Your right though, instead of going for the easier points he should go against the toughest defender. You would be a brilliant coach.
:laugh2:

jskeet23
05-12-2009, 12:49 PM
this is all i seen in lebron whole career facing the magic even when otown sucked http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIieutzcdTY

jskeet23
05-12-2009, 12:51 PM
and the only reason they beat orlando at their house they called 3 seconds in the key at the end of the game so otown loss by 4 so you cavs pray boston win

cmstophe
05-12-2009, 01:13 PM
and the only reason they beat orlando at their house they called 3 seconds in the key at the end of the game so otown loss by 4 so you cavs pray boston win

man, orlando fans sure do like to act like theyve done something. cavs will beat orlando in 6 if it comes to that.

"buh buh buh...only reason they won in cleveland is because the refs called howard for camping under the basket! they shouldnt have done that!"

:clap:

chadtx01
05-12-2009, 01:14 PM

I know that you're in love with Lebron, but to say that they destroyed every team "bar" the Lakers isnt really true at all.

They split the season series with the Rockets. Cavs won in Cleveland 99-90 and the Rockets won in Houston 93-74. Not that this has any bearing on the playoffs at all, but it just goes to show that you're wrong. I'm sure there are numerous other examples of that, but this one was the easiest to find for me.

cmstophe
05-12-2009, 01:16 PM
I know that you're in love with Lebron, but to say that they destroyed every team "bar" the Lakers isnt really true at all.

They split the season series with the Rockets. Cavs won in Cleveland 99-90 and the Rockets won in Houston 93-74. Not that this has any bearing on the playoffs at all, but it just goes to show that you're wrong. I'm sure there are numerous other examples of that, but this one was the easiest to find for me.

Numerous other examples? Really? Are you aware that seeing as the Cavaliers won a league high 66 games, there arent that many examples most likely?

TheChosenOne88
05-12-2009, 01:29 PM
Lebron wont be able to go off on LA if they meet in the finals. Kobe will guard Lebron sometimes in that series. Most games we have seen before with the two of them were close. I just dont know that Cleveland can beat LA with LA's big men in the middle. In any rate. These next two series wont be pushovers for Cleveland. They will actually have to play in order to advance in this thing.

The Cavs aren't thinking about the Lakers right now. They are waiting for the winner of Bos/Orl. IMO the Magic would have a better shot beating us than the Celtics, neither team has beaten us at home and we are 1-2 against Orlando. But then again it's the playoffs so I would not be surprised if Orl or Bos only 1 one game. If I'm the Lakers or a Laker fan, I'm worried about getting past the Rockets, then facing Denver (who is playing on a high level right now) or Dallas. Worry about facing the Cavs/Celts/Magic a month from now.

cmstophe
05-12-2009, 02:01 PM
The Cavs aren't thinking about the Lakers right now. They are waiting for the winner of Bos/Orl. IMO the Magic would have a better shot beating us than the Celtics, neither team has beaten us at home and we are 1-2 against Orlando. But then again it's the playoffs so I would not be surprised if Orl or Bos only 1 one game. If I'm the Lakers or a Laker fan, I'm worried about getting past the Rockets, then facing Denver (who is playing on a high level right now) or Dallas. Worry about facing the Cavs/Celts/Magic a month from now.

Likewise, the Lakers shouldnt be thinking about the Cavaliers right now....they might not get past the Rockets let a lone the Nuggets

TopsyTurvy
05-12-2009, 02:18 PM
It's erroneous to look at the success of team based solely upon the individual. Sure LBJ or Kobe puts up great offensive numbers, facilitates their teammates, and can feel it up from beyond the arc but it will be team defense that will win the championship. I think if either LBJ or Kobe goes into the final thinking "I have to outscore so-and-so," the game will have already been lost...

(I'm just using LA vs Cle as an example)

Unruly Fan
05-12-2009, 02:29 PM

I totally miss-understood what ^this^ whole post was about; and for that I appologize. A proper reponse is that the Cavs seem hungrier than ever to win a title (similar to Boston last year). They feel it close and they're playing accordingly.

cjetswin71
05-12-2009, 02:31 PM
I'm a big Lebron fan and a Kobi respecter, however I believe and hope when Lebron and Kobi meet in the finals that it will come down to matchups and not individual one on one confrontations. Can anyone answer this question. Who on the Cavs is going to contain Lamar Odom and Paul Gasol? Vareajo and Joe Smith on a consistent basis "YEAH OK". Who is going to contain Andrew Bynum, who is still getting his legs underneath him while playing these extended series? These matchup problems I believe will hamper Lebron's chances of getting his well deserved chip this year. The 4 and 5 positions have really been a problem for the Cavs, and it has not been exposed in the East because of the lack of skilled big men. However, the west has given the Cavs problems because of their skilled big men. Orlando will be a problem for the Cavs because of DHoward,Turk and RLewis

KINGofKINGS28
05-12-2009, 02:36 PM
Celts r gonna beat orlando, and then stomp on the cavs!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guaranteed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jskeet23
05-12-2009, 02:40 PM
whose the only team to beat la twice this season not the cavs

theimortalone
05-12-2009, 02:47 PM
Celts r gonna beat orlando, and then stomp on the cavs!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guaranteed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quite a bold statement there. I highly doubt that, but whatever you say. Because you are a C's fan with confidence in your team without KG. :rolleyes:

madiaz3
05-12-2009, 03:22 PM
Yeah because Rashard and Turk are really going to shut him down right?. :rolleyes:And maybe Paul can hold him under 50..GOOD LUCK WITH THAT

Have you seen the Cavs vs. Orlando this season?

albertc86
05-12-2009, 03:30 PM
So you're saying not all of the 16 playoff teams were vying for a title? interesting. Personally, I think Orlando is overrated. Outside of Dwight Howard, they don't have anyone who's going to play at a consistent level to beat you. I'm amazed that Orlando has even reached this far because they don't really have an offensive force. The Celtics just have trouble against young, athletic teams. The Celtics pose much more of a threat than the Magic, even though they are having their problems against the Magic and had trouble with the Bulls.

Frank Costanza
05-12-2009, 03:51 PM
Good luck cavs

Unruly Fan
05-12-2009, 03:54 PM
I'm a big Lebron fan and a Kobi respecter, however I believe and hope when Lebron and Kobi meet in the finals that it will come down to matchups and not individual one on one confrontations. Can anyone answer this question. Who on the Cavs is going to contain Lamar Odom and Paul Gasol? Vareajo and Joe Smith on a consistent basis "YEAH OK". Who is going to contain Andrew Bynum, who is still getting his legs underneath him while playing these extended series? These matchup problems I believe will hamper Lebron's chances of getting his well deserved chip this year. The 4 and 5 positions have really been a problem for the Cavs, and it has not been exposed in the East because of the lack of skilled big men. However, the west has given the Cavs problems because of their skilled big men. Orlando will be a problem for the Cavs because of DHoward,Turk and RLewis

Have you forgotten about Ben Wallace? Hes been on a decline since his time with the Detroit, but he is still capable of guarding the majority of big men with ease. I recently brushed up on his career and awards and I was surprised:
- 4x NBA Defensive player of the Year
- 6x All NBA Defensive Team
Ben Wallace is PURE defence but Im sure the Cavs can manage offensively ;)

bleedprple&gold
05-12-2009, 03:58 PM

The Nuggets are better without Iverson and Shaq hasn't been on the Lakers in five years. Those arguments make absolulety no sense.

Lebron23
05-12-2009, 07:17 PM
LeBron is a much better playoffs performer than Dwight Howard, and the Cavs have the Home Court advantage in the playoffs.

The ****ing Haters easily forget that we are the best defensive teams in the playoffs.

Defense wins NBA Championship.

philab
05-12-2009, 07:30 PM
Who is "The Cav" and why did his vacation end?

cjetswin71
05-12-2009, 08:14 PM
Have you forgotten about Ben Wallace? Hes been on a decline since his time with the Detroit, but he is still capable of guarding the majority of big men with ease. I recently brushed up on his career and awards and I was surprised:
- 4x NBA Defensive player of the Year
- 6x All NBA Defensive Team
Ben Wallace is PURE defence but Im sure the Cavs can manage offensively ;)
Ben is a mere shell of himself. He is the perfect example of a player who has won a chip and is not playing with the same intensity and fire. Plus he has a different role on this team than he had in Motown. Vareajo is their enforcer and rebounder Wallace comes in for limited minutes just to give Vareajo a rest. He is no longer a game changer. He is also coming off a an injury (a broken leg) and his game is based soley on heart, position, and grit; Tough to do when you are trying to get in game shape.

cmstophe
05-12-2009, 10:57 PM
Ben is a mere shell of himself. He is the perfect example of a player who has won a chip and is not playing with the same intensity and fire. Plus he has a different role on this team than he had in Motown. Vareajo is their enforcer and rebounder Wallace comes in for limited minutes just to give Vareajo a rest. He is no longer a game changer. He is also coming off a an injury (a broken leg) and his game is based soley on heart, position, and grit; Tough to do when you are trying to get in game shape.

Yeah Wallace was playing extremely well, at least 3/4 of his old self early in the year for a month, or so. After that it's been down hill. Still he's a body and his his moments.

Hawkeye15
05-12-2009, 11:32 PM
The Lakers are arrogant. They play like they just expect to be in the finals, and don't need to earn it.
The Magic don't have the experience, or the defense.
The Nuggets are the best offensive team left. They will give LA all they can handle, and more, but just don't play good enough defense
The Cavs are healthy, the top defensive team, one of the top rebounding teams, and have a star who is playing the best he ever has right now.
I just don't think it matters who the Cavs play, they are just killing teams. They beat either Boston or Orlando 4-1. ANd they beat LA or Denver 4-2.

C MAC
05-12-2009, 11:39 PM
The Lakers are arrogant. They play like they just expect to be in the finals, and don't need to earn it.
The Magic don't have the experience, or the defense.
The Nuggets are the best offensive team left. They will give LA all they can handle, and more, but just don't play good enough defense
The Cavs are healthy, the top defensive team, one of the top rebounding teams, and have a star who is playing the best he ever has right now.
I just don't think it matters who the Cavs play, they are just killing teams. They beat either Boston or Orlando 4-1. ANd they beat LA or Denver 4-2.

Actually the Nuggets are considered the best defensive team left in the West by most sports analysts and ex NBA players. With Nene, Chauncey, Chris Andersen and Kenyon Martin this isn't the same soft Nuggets defensive teams that we've seen in the past by any means.

ElMarroAfamado
05-12-2009, 11:46 PM
we will see what the cavs do in the finals....
then probably everyone will shut up about them

C MAC
05-12-2009, 11:51 PM
we will see what the cavs do in the finals....
then probably everyone will shut up about them

No the Cavs are easily the best team in the league man. Lebron is on a whole different level than the rest of the NBA.

tjlipford
05-12-2009, 11:51 PM

I have to agree with you. Everyone is still trying to look past the fact that we are a very good team and we take care of business. All these but he isnt playing, but they arent that good is getting old. Give us the credit.