PDA

View Full Version : Who would you rather have?

Chateamsfan
05-11-2009, 03:47 PM
Would you rather have "Mr. Practice" Allen Iverson or Stephen Curry?:confused:

masalex1205
05-12-2009, 12:50 PM
Tell Iverson to stay the **** away from the Bobcats

JakeDelbreezy
05-12-2009, 02:47 PM
Neither one.

homestarunner93
05-12-2009, 08:16 PM
Iverson by far

DerekRE_3
05-12-2009, 09:16 PM
If I had to choose....Curry. Because at least he's not a headcase.

jimbobjarree
05-13-2009, 03:02 PM
yeah but he's all small and wierd looking

op12
05-14-2009, 11:46 AM
really neither. i dont think ai would do much more than put us at the bottom of the east playoffs and im not sure curry is what is needed at sg, but i could be wrong.

ivylleague1'
05-14-2009, 02:22 PM
In 2006 Bobcats wanted Iverson badly, but, Denver Nuggetts outbid them and won the sweepstakes. This year Iverson is available with no team controlling where he goes, and Bobcats needs him badly, and has Larry Brown AI's former coach in Philadelphia, and with whom he reached the Final. If they get together again, they will surely work harder to win the final this time.
There are other teams that want Iverson (4 times NBA scoring champion, perenial top 10 in scoring, steals, and assists, Only Lebron James achieved that feat once or so, MVP, Allstar (perenial), holds NBA record in number of steals in a playoffs game, Rookie of the year, 1st team all NBA and Big East defensive player of the year ---the best in the NBA) but, Bobcats has the right Coach for Iverson, so go get him!!!!!!!!!

DerekRE_3
05-14-2009, 02:34 PM
In 2006 Bobcats wanted Iverson badly, but, Denver Nuggetts outbid them and won the sweepstakes. This year Iverson is available with no team controlling where he goes, and Bobcats needs him badly, and has Larry Brown AI's former coach in Philadelphia, and with whom he reached the Final. If they get together again, they will surely work harder to win the final this time.
There are other teams that want Iverson (4 times NBA scoring champion, perenial top 10 in scoring, steals, and assists, Only Lebron James achieved that feat once or so, MVP, Allstar (perenial), holds NBA record in number of steals in a playoffs game, Rookie of the year, 1st team all NBA and Big East defensive player of the year ---the best in the NBA) but, Bobcats has the right Coach for Iverson, so go get him!!!!!!!!!

Yeah Iverson was that....but not anymore, and he's not willing to change the way he plays. His ego won't let him not be the #1 guy, even though his skills are declining and he's getting old. Not to mention he was a horrible influence on JR Smith and Carmelo Anthony while he was in Denver. He's just not a good character/locker room guy, and the Bobcats have made an effort to get character guys (Raymond Felton, Raja Bell, Emeka Okafor, Gerald Wallace). The Bobcats have also made a point to "play the right way" and play as a team (as is evidenced by the Jason Richardson trade). Iverson doesn't fit either of those things.

You also need to take into account that if we spend money on AI (likely the MLE), that means we don't have money to give Raymond Felton a nice extension, which would be a HUGE mistake. Felton reminds me so much of Chauncey Billups it's not even funny. Both were blue chip prospects drafted high, both have been called combo guards, and both did not fulfill expectations their first 4-5 years in the league. Felton is a great teammate (remind you of anyone? Here's a hint...Chauncey Billups), tough, and didn't hold a grudge against anyone when there were rumors that he was on the trade block (he still wants to stay in Charlotte). Larry Brown loves him, I just don't see him letting a guy like that go to bring in an aging AI that Brown clashed with in Philly.

Oh and one more reason why AI doesn't fit....AI needs a big point guard next to him to defend the oppositions SG since AI is an undersized 2 guard. If Felton leaves, that leaves DJ Augustin at the point, who is barely 5'11 in shoes. You think Augustin can guard other teams SG's? Yeah right.

People need to look beyond the stats and what AI has done in the past. Statistically, AI has had a much better career than a guy like Chauncey Billups. But as you can see from the Nuggets success this season and in the playoffs, those gaudy stats don't mean ****. Is AI good in the locker room? Is he a leader? Is he a good teammate? Does he make his teammates better? Nope, but a guy like Billups does. I'd take him over AI all day.

ivylleague1'
05-14-2009, 05:49 PM
Iverson is a Superdupa star in the world. He is young, and has not lost any step (emphasis). When you acquire a superstar you do not throw him to the wolves, instead you create space for him and surround him with the proper players. In Denver, he helped his teammates a lot. Melo made the allstar 2ce, Camby became the defensive player of the year, Kleiza and JR Smith improved their games. In Detroit, the team was trying to kill two birds with one stone. They wanted to develop Sturkey while simultaneously going for the final ( with a rookie coach).
Iverson will not come cheap !!! MLE will not acquire a player of AI caliber. You must create space for him via trades.
Individual performance is vital in all sports. Team performance is a function of the owner, Management, Coaching staffs and the players. Thus, winning a championship requires all to be involved.
As for Billups, I think that he is a quality player, but, he is not at Iverson's level. By the way, who is better T-Mac or Attest ?

NBA_Starter
05-14-2009, 10:54 PM
If I had to choose Curry, but I'd much rather have Evans or Henderson!

DerekRE_3
05-15-2009, 12:21 AM
Iverson is a Superdupa star in the world. He is young, and has not lost any step (emphasis). When you acquire a superstar you do not throw him to the wolves, instead you create space for him and surround him with the proper players. In Denver, he helped his teammates a lot. Melo made the allstar 2ce, Camby became the defensive player of the year, Kleiza and JR Smith improved their games. In Detroit, the team was trying to kill two birds with one stone. They wanted to develop Sturkey while simultaneously going for the final ( with a rookie coach).
Iverson will not come cheap !!! MLE will not acquire a player of AI caliber. You must create space for him via trades.
Individual performance is vital in all sports. Team performance is a function of the owner, Management, Coaching staffs and the players. Thus, winning a championship requires all to be involved.
As for Billups, I think that he is a quality player, but, he is not at Iverson's level. By the way, who is better T-Mac or Attest ?

All I can say to that is this: I hope that AI demands more than the MLE, because then the Bobcats won't be able to get him since they don't have cap room. And AI is young? Really? He's going to be 34 in less than a month.

Do you really believe that the Nuggets would be heading to WCF this year with AI instead of Billups?

Reedball
05-15-2009, 09:14 AM
Ivyleague, Allen Iverson is young in the normal working world. However, he far from young in the NBA. The guy would not help out the "Team first atmosphere" Larry has put together. The Cats have finally bought into it. Why allow once selfish player to ruin it immediately.
Now as for Curry...I love the guy. However, he isn't what we need either. Yeah he can score, but we need a scoring guard who can defend other Shooting Guards. He is too small for that. Can you honestly see him guarding Kobe, or Lebron? If you are thinking put him at point guard, you are taking away from what he does best. As a point guard, he may be a bench/role player at best.

masalex1205
05-15-2009, 11:03 AM

I must say, in the spirit of respectful debate, that I disagree w/ pretty much everything you said.

First of all, Iverson is old and he has lost a step. Secondly, he helped his teammates a lot in Denver? Really? I must have been watching a different Nuggets team because Iverson was a cancer holding down that team and being a horrible influence on that team. Anthoney is an all star w or without Iverson and Camby is beasting it up on the defensive end wherever he is.

No way Iverson gets more than the MLE from anybody. In fact I really don't see anybody giving him even that. He has quit on his team and I could see a scenario where he doesn't get signed unless it's for really cheap.

Also, the Detroit Pistons proved that you don't need one individual star to win a championship as they did it a few years ago w/ team ball.

And as for Billups not being as good as Iverson I just have to laugh and let their performances on the court speak for themselves.

GreatMustachio1
05-21-2009, 03:54 PM
This is quite obvious to me. though i dont think either are what we need to address our depth. It has to be Curry. Iverson would kill our team chemistry, and just make us older. Curry gives us the SG depth we need and maybe even that 3rd PG that larry brown wants. I think Bell would be a great mentor to Curry and teach him to play tough defense in the NBA. Iverson is just old and too much of a headache for the bobcats to take on.

JakeDelbreezy
05-22-2009, 08:01 AM
This is all you need to know about AI. He wanted out of Philly b/c of the losing enviornment. Philly proceeds to make the playoffs 2 years in a row after he leaves. Denver is a marginal playoff team with AI, once traded they're in the Western Conference Finals. Last year the Pistons won 59 games w/o AI. This year they win 39 with AI. I think it's pretty obvious what AI does, he makes good teams worse. SI has a poll where they asked Philly fans (where AI is most beloved) if they would like to have AI back and 66.1% of the fans said no...we don't want him in Charlotte either.

E.O.21
05-25-2009, 05:02 PM
Neither!