PDA

View Full Version : Angry Magic Fan...

BTownTeamsRKing
05-11-2009, 03:10 PM
http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2009/05/magic_fan_angry.html

this is too funny. absolutely classic.

NJrockPD
05-11-2009, 03:20 PM
Not really that funny.

masalex1205
05-11-2009, 03:23 PM
I def. noticed this when Davis was celebrating. Don't think it's really much to talk about, Davis obviously wasn't trying to punk a 12 year old (at least i hope not). He was just excited because he hit a walkoff playoff game winning jumper. It's unfortunate that he bumped the kid but you've got to realize that something like that could happen if you're sitting right on the floor.

Faneik
05-11-2009, 03:23 PM
Nothing to apologize about.

Normal celebration after a buzzer beater.

Big Baby didn't embarass the kid in anyway, YouTube did.

There are vids called "Big Baby pushes little fat kid after buzzer beater" --> if anybody, it's the uploaders that are embarassing the kid.

Big Baby just did he job and ran towards his bench/teammates. Absolutely no case with Big Baby. Not a chance.

BTownTeamsRKing
05-11-2009, 03:29 PM
ok in all seriousness, whether Davis owes him an apology or not, it would be nice to just do it and give the kid an autograph and all is fixed.

MiamiHeat
05-11-2009, 03:31 PM
he's 12 years old come on lol is not like he's 5 or 6 years old
he's ****ing 12!!!
the dad needs to stop being a ***** and stop whining

Testaverde16
05-11-2009, 03:34 PM
he should apologize, just because its the right thing, but its not that big fo a deal.

KeithLBC
05-11-2009, 03:36 PM
The Dad's just mad that the Celtics won the game. IMO, if a Magic player hit that shot and pushed his son, the Dad wouldn't have said a thing.

BRADY4MVP
05-11-2009, 03:38 PM
some advice for the father...

Your spoiled 12 year old was sitting COURTSIDE at a playoff game, stuff like this CAN happen there. This is like complaining that you were hit by broken glass at a hockey game when you have 2nd row seats...

if you dont wanna run the risk of having your kid dive-bomb into his seat (clearly did not happen) then buy 'worse' seats.

People dont cry like this guy is if a NBA player dives into the crowd to save a ball, basically the same thing. Your kid was there watching, got his little heart broken, and now you are trying to get him some justification because he is all over the net getting semi-heismaned by big baby

dont sit courtside then piss-n-moan

Wilson
05-11-2009, 03:44 PM
The kid's dad has a case. Davis crossed the line into the fans section, and shoved the kid rather than try to avoid him. I can understand Davis being excited and celebrating, but the league probably should do something about him shoving a fan...

Corey
05-11-2009, 03:46 PM
Shoving a fan? He hit a buzzer beater, and started to run back to the bench to celebrate with teammates. He didn't go out with intent to hurt or push anyone.

This is just an overprotective father who's pissed that he had courtside seats to a buzzer-beating loss.

Whatever.

tsb77
05-11-2009, 03:48 PM
I def. noticed this when Davis was celebrating. Don't think it's really much to talk about, Davis obviously wasn't trying to punk a 12 year old (at least i hope not). He was just excited because he hit a walkoff playoff game winning jumper. It's unfortunate that he bumped the kid but you've got to realize that something like that could happen if you're sitting right on the floor.

Agreed, exactly what I was going to say

sully00
05-11-2009, 03:51 PM
The kid's dad has a case. Davis crossed the line into the fans section, and shoved the kid rather than try to avoid him. I can understand Davis being excited and celebrating, but the league probably should do something about him shoving a fan...

Are you kidding? The dudes seats are next to the team bench if your standing up your in the players way not the other way around time for some rich a-hole to go sit in the lux box.

It was evil Joe Kennedy's fault anyhow.

Wilson
05-11-2009, 03:52 PM
Shoving a fan? He hit a buzzer beater, and started to run back to the bench to celebrate with teammates. He didn't go out with intent to hurt or push anyone.

This is just an overprotective father who's pissed that he had courtside seats to a buzzer-beating loss.

Whatever.

The thing that bothers me is that he made no attempt to avoid the fan, I'm not saying he hit the shot and then went looking for someone to shove around. But he was in the fan section, and he did shove a fan, rather than try to avoid him.

If he turned around after the shot, bumped into an opposing player, and shoved him, you know there would be a fine involved.

I'm not saying Davis should be suspended or anything like that, but he should at least be made to make an apology...

KeithLBC
05-11-2009, 03:54 PM
From what I saw, it was either Davis plowed into the ref who was standing just inside the line on the court, or he pushed the kid. It's not like he checked the kid with his shoulder, he just pushed him out of the way.

It would probably be the "PC" thing to do for Davis to apologize, but it's really not a big deal. It's almost as funny as Pierce not giving the Cavs fan a high 5 a few months ago.

magicbucs4eva
05-11-2009, 04:03 PM
it was an accident. the dad is ********. i was at the game. that shot killed me but i give the celts credit! it was a great shot and i dont think the magic could of defended better! what a great game

sep11ie
05-11-2009, 04:33 PM
This wasn't too bad, but the Boston Celtics have turned into the most classless team in the NBA.

Corey
05-11-2009, 05:11 PM
Because celebrating after a made shot at the buzzer makes the Celtics classless?

Faneik
05-11-2009, 05:12 PM
some comments in here are way out of line.

NYMetros
05-11-2009, 05:19 PM
Give me a break. It was the best play of Big Baby's life, the kid should feel lucky he was not apart of Baby's dinner plans. I would be happy if a pro basketball player ran into me. (No homo)

KeithLBC
05-11-2009, 05:29 PM
^^^Have you seen how much those guys sweat, I'd be disgusted if a player ran into me :laugh2:

jimbobjarree
05-11-2009, 05:38 PM
screw what happened afterwards...what a shot

He has every right to celebrate that and get lost in the moment, it was amazing and a huge shot for the Celtics playoff campaign.

Big Baby Davis, take a bow son

theuuord
05-11-2009, 05:43 PM
Not really that funny.

it's too funny to be so serious.

theuuord
05-11-2009, 05:46 PM
the funniest part to me of that whole thing is definitely how awkward brian scalabrine looks at the end of that game.

championships
05-11-2009, 05:47 PM
Man Celtics first KG Then Rondo now big baby pushing a twelve year old fan. What's next?:D

NickyNick
05-11-2009, 05:53 PM
the only person who should be embarrassed after that is Glen Davis, not the little Kid. Glen davis was like a rabid animal who should be put down...

Another butt hurt bulls fan?

its either completely run him over, or push him out of the way. If davis ran him over he would have killed him

NickyNick
05-11-2009, 05:56 PM
Man Celtics first KG Then Rondo now big baby pushing a twelve year old fan. What's next?:D

i dont know maybe we'll sign fisher haha

op12
05-11-2009, 06:00 PM
i mean get off the court. i dont think fans should be on that row anyway. the kid was a step or 2 away from the seat and baby is big, he didnt really have time to dodge the kid so he bumped him. better than bowling him over, he just bumped him out of the way. kid wasnt even paying attention to where he was.

championships
05-11-2009, 06:04 PM
i dont know maybe we'll sign fisher haha

Wouldn't surprise me:eyebrow:

mjt20mik
05-11-2009, 06:26 PM
The dad should be happy that baby didn't eat the kid.

But in all fairness, the father is making a big deal about this. I mean, think about all the people that have been jumped on or hit during the NBA season. I'm sure Glen didn't mean to hit the poor guy, he was just ecstatic.

JJ81
05-11-2009, 08:05 PM
lmao he pushed him but the kid didn't even sit down (like it said he did). Go Magic.

KmB728
05-11-2009, 08:35 PM
:laugh:

Super.
05-11-2009, 09:20 PM

Had the kid been sitting in the seat his rich ole daddy bought for him, He wouldnt have been in his way

championships
05-11-2009, 09:40 PM
Had the kid been sitting in the seat his rich ole daddy bought for him, He wouldnt have been in his way

Why would anybody in the building be sitting down during a last second, game winning shot or game losing shot in the Magics case

Raps08-09 Champ
05-11-2009, 09:43 PM
Apologizing doesn't hurt. But he's 12. A 5 year old getting pushed would make more sense.

codes238
05-11-2009, 09:46 PM
the dad is such an idiot, he's worried about embarassing the kid so he releases his name to the public and makes him sound like a whiny pansy... every single basketball fan would love to be that close to the action and to get shoved by an NBA player, some people really are pathetic

Wilson
05-11-2009, 09:49 PM

It's not like he ran onto the court. He was in the fan section, and the player shoved him. I don't know the exact terminology, but I'm fairly certain that it's against the rules to shove a fan.

bostncelts34
05-11-2009, 11:06 PM
dude, the kid was practically ON the court, what do you expect?

bostncelts34
05-11-2009, 11:06 PM
this is like the guy who sued mcdonalds because his coffee was hot.

Wilson
05-11-2009, 11:13 PM
this is like the guy who sued mcdonalds because his coffee was hot.

:laugh2: :laugh2: It's not like that at all...

bostncelts34
05-11-2009, 11:21 PM
yes it is lol

If you go to a baseball and get hit in the head with a foul ball..you gonna sue? no. part of the game.

Go to a basketball game courtside, expect players to dive into you, spill your beer or knock you over. Especially if ur standing ON the sideline, literally.

Wilson
05-11-2009, 11:32 PM
yes it is lol

If you go to a baseball and get hit in the head with a foul ball..you gonna sue? no. part of the game.

Go to a basketball game courtside, expect players to dive into you, spill your beer or knock you over. Especially if ur standing ON the sideline, literally.

Having a player dive on you for a ball and having a player shove you out of the way are two different things, especially when you're not standing anywhere stupid. The kid was standing right in front of his seat...

This isn't just some stupid 'The Celtics are evil' thing, but surely shoving a fan out of the way infringe on the NBA's rules on player conduct...

bostncelts34
05-11-2009, 11:33 PM
Having a player dive on you for a ball and having a player shove you out of the way are two different things, especially when you're not standing anywhere stupid. The kid was standing right in front of his seat...

This isn't just some stupid 'The Celtics are evil' thing, but surely shoving a fan out of the way infringe on the NBA's rules on player conduct...

he didnt just go up and shove the kid, he turned and ran after he hit the shot, and when he turn and ran the kid was there, and he tried to get around him. he didnt "push him".

bostncelts34
05-11-2009, 11:34 PM
Anyways, just apologize, sign a autograph like someone else mentioned, and be done with it.

Frrrrank!!!
05-11-2009, 11:40 PM
I'm thinking if Davis "shoved" him, we would of been talking about the first death of a fan at a game.

missionh1llpart
05-11-2009, 11:45 PM
wow, the laker fans on this board really piss me off. the kid was in the way, not big baby's problem.

i don't see why everyone's getting so upset about big baby running into that kid, kobe practically did the same thing with his game winning shot in game 4 against the t-mac and yao-less rockets. haha... oh wait...

Vinny642
05-11-2009, 11:47 PM
This whole incident is HILARIOUS

Wilson
05-11-2009, 11:48 PM
he didnt just go up and shove the kid, he turned and ran after he hit the shot, and when he turn and ran the kid was there, and he tried to get around him. he didnt "push him".

He did though, he didn't make any move to go around the fan...

Anyways, just apologize, sign a autograph like someone else mentioned, and be done with it.

...I do agree with this though. The NBA needs to just get him to apologize to the fan...

PurpleJesus
05-12-2009, 12:02 AM
the kid was courtside...what else can his dad expect? If I was courtside i woulda loved for an NBA player to accidentally run into me...no apology is needed from Baby...The dad puts his kid at courtside and doesnt complain about the constant swearing and cussing Im sure his kid heard, but he complains about a love tap? That kid may be embarressed but only because his dad said he was, if his dad didnt say anything about it, that kid woulda been the most popular kid in school the next day.

all this is is the Dad smelling an oppurtunity for money.

bostncelts34
05-12-2009, 12:19 AM
so what if an ORLANDO player ran into him?

i guarantee you this wouldnt be a story lol

Wilson
05-12-2009, 12:29 AM
so what if an ORLANDO player ran into him?

i guarantee you this wouldnt be a story lol

I don't know, it was a story when Rafer Alston hit Eddy House in the head...:shrug:

Like I said, this isn't just some 'Let's all complain about the Celtics' thread, it's about a player breaking the rules...

Reyes6
05-12-2009, 02:38 AM
What part of BIG Baby don't they understand? Give the man some damn room folks, he's gotta go celebrate. I laughed at this clip many times, because the overweight child looks crushed as it is and then Glen Davis gives him a little love tap and knocks off the kid's hat... in which it causes the child's cankles to bend and for him to lean up against the chair.

Seeing the father saying his son needed to nearly jump across the chair is ridiculous, what this father needs is an apology for courtside seats. B**s like this don't deserve to sit courtside. Go walk up some stairs and let your kid lose some weight, then they won't need to push his fat-a* out of the way. I'm sick of people complaining when they have the best of everything, we're in a damn recession and he wants an apology for a TAP?

Another loser looking for publicity, just enjoy the game and stop complaining.:mad:

GspLAL
05-12-2009, 07:58 AM
The thing that bothers me is that he made no attempt to avoid the fan, I'm not saying he hit the shot and then went looking for someone to shove around. But he was in the fan section, and he did shove a fan, rather than try to avoid him.

If he turned around after the shot, bumped into an opposing player, and shoved him, you know there would be a fine involved.

I'm not saying Davis should be suspended or anything like that, but he should at least be made to make an apology...

Okay answer this, if you hit a buzzer shot in a game that could have dropped you down to 3-1 and pretty much end the series, would you even pay attention to anything around you? He was looking down at the Celtics bench screaming and I would have done the same. This doesn't justify it, but there was no intent in harming anyone, give him a ****in break he just hit a game winner.

If a player bumped into another player it would be a fine? lmao, kidding me? People bump into each other all the time after dunks/layups, do they get fined? No, because there's no intent.

Tragedy
05-12-2009, 08:02 AM

Super.
05-12-2009, 09:10 AM
It's not like he ran onto the court. He was in the fan section, and the player shoved him. I don't know the exact terminology, but I'm fairly certain that it's against the rules to shove a fan.

Please. this is pathetic. had it been Rashard Lewis who pushed him out of the way, this wouldn't have even been a problem. So when a player dives into the stands to get a ball, and he knocks a fan over, that would be against the rules too right?

BTownTeamsRKing
05-12-2009, 09:32 AM
What part of BIG Baby don't they understand? Give the man some damn room folks, he's gotta go celebrate. I laughed at this clip many times, because the overweight child looks crushed as it is and then Glen Davis gives him a little love tap and knocks off the kid's hat... in which it causes the child's cankles to bend and for him to lean up against the chair.

Seeing the father saying his son needed to nearly jump across the chair is ridiculous, what this father needs is an apology for courtside seats. B**s like this don't deserve to sit courtside. Go walk up some stairs and let your kid lose some weight, then they won't need to push his fat-a* out of the way. I'm sick of people complaining when they have the best of everything, we're in a damn recession and he wants an apology for a TAP?

Another loser looking for publicity, just enjoy the game and stop complaining.:mad:

I could not agree more. i would just apaolgize if i were Davis and get rid of the issue.

theimortalone
05-12-2009, 09:41 AM
The Dad's just mad that the Celtics won the game. IMO, if a Magic player hit that shot and pushed his son, the Dad wouldn't have said a thing.

I have to agree with you on that one. I saw that, and was like WTF? But its not that big of a deal to me. :shrug:

The Ooh Child
05-12-2009, 09:50 AM
Big Baby did nothing to warrant an apology. The dad is ********

tr3ymill3r
05-12-2009, 10:02 AM
Look at the kid, he probably deserved it. All week at school I'm sure he was bragging and rubbing it in all the other 5th graders faces. No, but serious who cares. If you go to a baseball game and get hit by a foul ball it's your fault, it's not as if he Ron Artested him. Suck it up little boy and grow up, oh and to the dad if you can afford court side seats during a poor economy STFU and stop looking for a quick buck. The rich try and get richer by being a little *****.

Wilson
05-12-2009, 10:08 AM
Okay answer this, if you hit a buzzer shot in a game that could have dropped you down to 3-1 and pretty much end the series, would you even pay attention to anything around you? He was looking down at the Celtics bench screaming and I would have done the same. This doesn't justify it, but there was no intent in harming anyone, give him a ****in break he just hit a game winner.

If a player bumped into another player it would be a fine? lmao, kidding me? People bump into each other all the time after dunks/layups, do they get fined? No, because there's no intent.

I'm not saying there was any intent (I'm sure I mentioned that at some point), but some sort of apology should be made, because Davis did shove a fan out of the way...

And yes, players do bump into each other, but when they shove each other out of the way, then there's usually some repercussions.

Please. this is pathetic. had it been Rashard Lewis who pushed him out of the way, this wouldn't have even been a problem. So when a player dives into the stands to get a ball, and he knocks a fan over, that would be against the rules too right?

:rolleyes: For goodness' sake...

I've already said it's not just about the Celtics, I've never been a guy who just complains about one particular player or team.

I've also already said that there's a difference between a guy diving for a loose ball and a guy shoving a fan, which there obviously is...

sboyajian
05-12-2009, 10:37 AM
If the kid and his father were facing the court at the time, he likely would have realized a very large man was running past him. The kid turned, as Davis was running toward his bench.

Standing toward the court he is "less in the way" than when he turns his body to the side. You are wider from side to side than front to back. He put himself in Davis's way inadvertantly. When you sit courtside you pay attention, you don't turn your back.

Sadly if this was a magic player, this kid would probably hang that shirt on his wall and never wash it again.

I'll make an argument to counter the fathers..

Davis backed up after the shot and ended up past the bounds line.. he ran at an angle toward the court, however he noticed this defenseless young child was in his way. He thought the boy was falling over backwards in amazement at such a tremendous buzzer beater, so he put his hand on the boys back to prevent him from imminent neck trauma.

Kudos Glen for saving that boys life.

The Intimidator
05-12-2009, 10:48 AM
Some things I noticed about this "incident" are:

1. The Dad is facing the crowd when Davis "maliciously shoves" his son. How does he know exactly what happened if he didn't see it? He clearly went home, turned on ESPN, saw the highlights, then decided to try and get something out of this.

2. The kid never makes an attempt to dive back into his seat like his father said. He stands there and gets his hat knocked off.

3. The kid was really close to actually being on the court. Now, nobody is saying he has to be sitting down in his seat, because that was obviously the biggest moment of the game. But if he was standing back a little bit, and was actually somewhat near his seat, Davis never bumps into him.

4. In order to bump into the kid, Davis ducked around the ref. The kid was standing right in his path at that point. If he had run over the ref, people would have complained. If he had gone around the ref in the other direction, he would have run right into another player. There's no way for Davis to win in this situation.

So please, come on man. Davis had no intention of running into your kid. He was trying to get over to the rest of his teammates, who were just as excited as he was (except for Scalabrine for some reason). If Davis wants to be PC, he'll apologize to your kid. However, to demand an apology and to describe Davis as a rabid animal makes you look like a hypocrite, because I guarantee if Dwight Howard hit that shot and bumped into your kid, you would have been acting the same way.

jrivera
05-12-2009, 11:09 AM

Exactly.. They are just being bitter. It said Davis was being raging animal...give him a break to anyone in the playoffs especially a moment like thatit's all emotions...

Double_R
05-12-2009, 11:11 AM
The Intimidator
Obviously your a Celtics fan, if Dwight Howard did the same thing your take on this would be completely opposite too. The bottom line is that usually when a player hits a game winner, his teammates running to him, Big Baby did the opposite and did it with one of the ugliest faces of all time. The bottom line is when Kobe or Pierce hit a shot at the buzzer watch what they do and it's not what that rabid animal did. Act like you have been there before, not like a fat maniac. What he should be apoligizing for his that god awful face. Nonetheless, it wasn't a big deal the kid is fine, but he was 12 so give him an apoligy and let's move on.

Wilson
05-12-2009, 12:18 PM
4. In order to bump into the kid, Davis ducked around the ref. The kid was standing right in his path at that point. If he had run over the ref, people would have complained. If he had gone around the ref in the other direction, he would have run right into another player. There's no way for Davis to win in this situation.

There's no way for Davis to avoid bumping into someone, that's fair enough. My only issue is just with the way he pushed the fan out of the way, after he avoided the ref, there was no attempt by him to avoid the fan :shrug:

So please, come on man. Davis had no intention of running into your kid. He was trying to get over to the rest of his teammates, who were just as excited as he was (except for Scalabrine for some reason). If Davis wants to be PC, he'll apologize to your kid. However, to demand an apology and to describe Davis as a rabid animal makes you look like a hypocrite, because I guarantee if Dwight Howard hit that shot and bumped into your kid, you would have been acting the same way.

That was quite bad. I've obviously been a bit critical of Glen Davis in this thread (:p), but calling him a rabid animal was pretty stupid...

azkarraga
05-12-2009, 12:36 PM
i wonder if it was the other way around, being howard who did the buzzer beating and crashing on the kid, the father still'd want an apology?

The Intimidator
05-12-2009, 12:41 PM
There's no way for Davis to avoid bumping into someone, that's fair enough. My only issue is just with the way he pushed the fan out of the way, after he avoided the ref, there was no attempt by him to avoid the fan :shrug:

I'll give you that. At the same time, however, you have to figure that there were other things on Davis' mind than running towards his teammates, noticing a kid, stopping and calmly avoiding the kid, and then continuing to run towards his teammates. I would chalk it up to too much forward momentum.

The Intimidator
05-12-2009, 12:43 PM
The Intimidator
Obviously your a Celtics fan, if Dwight Howard did the same thing your take on this would be completely opposite too. The bottom line is that usually when a player hits a game winner, his teammates running to him, Big Baby did the opposite and did it with one of the ugliest faces of all time. The bottom line is when Kobe or Pierce hit a shot at the buzzer watch what they do and it's not what that rabid animal did. Act like you have been there before, not like a fat maniac. What he should be apoligizing for his that god awful face. Nonetheless, it wasn't a big deal the kid is fine, but he was 12 so give him an apoligy and let's move on.

This, everyone, is an example of a kid lacking maturity. Making fun of Davis' face. Real classy.

Wilson
05-12-2009, 12:48 PM
I'll give you that. At the same time, however, you have to figure that there were other things on Davis' mind than running towards his teammates, noticing a kid, stopping and calmly avoiding the kid, and then continuing to run towards his teammates. I would chalk it up to too much forward momentum.

Yeah I can understand that. That's why I'm not trying to make him out to be a terrible person or anything like that, I just think a quick apology to the kid would be fair...:shrug:

masalex1205
05-12-2009, 12:55 PM
Is this thread still going on?

I've tried to be civil but come on, stop being a bunch of P*****, he was sitting courtside.

The Intimidator
05-12-2009, 01:02 PM
Yeah I can understand that. That's why I'm not trying to make him out to be a terrible person or anything like that, I just think a quick apology to the kid would be fair...:shrug:

According to ESPN, he just did. They're going to read it on SportsCenter.

Wilson
05-12-2009, 01:09 PM
Is this thread still going on?

I've tried to be civil but come on, stop being a bunch of P*****, he was sitting courtside.

:laugh2: To be honest, I probably committed to this thread more than I needed to. But that's just how bored I was last night...

According to ESPN, he just did. They're going to read it on SportsCenter.

Cool, although I am going to miss seeing this thread in my user CP...

Double_R
05-12-2009, 01:18 PM
Intimidator "Mr. Mature"
Listen sport,
I wrote a very valid argument about how big baby acted like a fool and you must have realized that I was correct, because all you can say is that I am immature. Come on,can really tell me that the face that big baby made wasn't one of the worst victory faces of all time.

Edwin
05-12-2009, 01:29 PM
Wow!! its not even that serious. Its not like he push a female over.lol. His a 12 year old boy. Man up. Plus, when you look at the video no one on the sideline next to the boy took it seriously. They just look like "I can't believe we just lost". Where was the father then?lmao. Now its a big deal?? But if they really want the apology give just give it to them. But the father is embarrasing his son by talking and its gaining publicity. it's all over espn and newspapers. They keep showing that image all over tv and debating if glenn should apologize. Imagine how this kid feels going to school now.lol. And the father's remarks were hilarious."An Orlando Magic season-ticket holder is demanding that Celtics forward Glen Davis apologize to his son, whom he shoved after making a game-winning jumpshot on Sunday. The man described Davis as a "raging animal" and a "lunatic" with no regard for the fans' safety." Stupid remarks like this is going to keep this on the news for another week.lmao. He's going to ruin the boy's teenage life.lol. But in the end, I think glenn should apologize even though it wasn't intentional, give him a pair of celtics tickets and let these people move on with their life.

Cunanan
05-12-2009, 01:29 PM
ok in all seriousness, whether Davis owes him an apology or not, it would be nice to just do it and give the kid an autograph and all is fixed.

and if i were the kid i'd ask for an autograph from Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, or Kevin Garnett! who wants a Davis autograph! the guy cant even close his mouth! lol

Edwin
05-12-2009, 01:35 PM
i wonder if it was the other way around, being howard who did the buzzer beating and crashing on the kid, the father still'd want an apology?

I don't think so. lol. But since it's the opposing team, he's angry.lmao. he needs to do a better job protecting his son.lol

Double_R
05-12-2009, 01:54 PM
This thread sucks, Big Baby is a a raging animal and the 12 year old's dada is wack as F@#$, I'm over all these boston fans taking this wicked farr. What we should be talking about is that awful face and when he cried after Garnett told him to.

The Intimidator
05-12-2009, 02:35 PM
This thread sucks, Big Baby is a a raging animal and the 12 year old's dada is wack as F@#$, I'm over all these boston fans taking this wicked farr. What we should be talking about is that awful face and when he cried after Garnett told him to.

Again, making fun of his face. Real mature on your part. Other players would react the same way as Davis did, so how exactly was he a raging animal? Answer me that.

albertc86
05-12-2009, 03:32 PM
This is ridiculous and a double standard, in deed. Had a Magic player hit the game winning shot and hit the kid, there probably would've have been any problem.

theimortalone
05-12-2009, 04:29 PM
WALTHAM, Mass. (AP) - Boston Celtics forward Glen Davis apologized Tuesday for bumping a 12-year-old boy while celebrating his game-winning shot against the Orlando Magic.
Davis said he got emotional and didn't see the boy as he turned and ran to the Celtics bench to celebrate his 21-foot jumper that gave the Celtics a 95-94 win over the Magic on Sunday. It tied the second-round playoff series at 2-2.

"If I've hurt anybody or if I've done any harm to anybody, please forgive me because my intentions were just harmless," he said.

Video of the play shows the 6-foot-9, 289-pound Davis ducking behind a referee and stepping out of bounds before appearing to place a hand in the small of the boy's back. The boy took a step back and his hat fell off.

If he had realized he made contact with the boy, Davis said he would have tried to make him feel better.

Glen Davis runs into a 12-year-old fan on Sunday. (Phelan M. Ebenhack / Associated Press)

Ernest Provetti, the boy's father, wrote an e-mail to the NBA league office Monday calling Davis a "raging animal with no regard for fans' personal safety," according to the Orlando Sentinel.

"The NBA makes it clear to not cross the sideline," Provetti told the Sentinel. "If I cross that line, the NBA will take away my tickets. It's a double standard."

Later Monday, he told the Sentinel he reacted emotionally and would back off his demand for an apology.

The NBA had not responded to his e-mail, he said, but his Facebook page was flooded with nasty messages.

"In the scheme of things, I still think he shouldn't have went on the sideline, but obviously nothing is going to come of it," Provetti said. "And it's better to forget about it and not incite it anymore."

Game 5 is Tuesday night in Boston.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/9563926/Big-Baby-apologizes-for-bumping-young-fan

Nighthawk
05-12-2009, 04:43 PM
Intimidator "Mr. Mature"
Listen sport,
I wrote a very valid argument about how big baby acted like a fool and you must have realized that I was correct, because all you can say is that I am immature. Come on,can really tell me that the face that big baby made wasn't one of the worst victory faces of all time.

u kiddin me....That was CLASSIC? Hope i see that face in the future. All this hate his stupid. This thread is stupid and that little kids father is stupid. Davis didnt single this kid out or have anyy beef with this kid. Realy just wrong place, wrong time for the little kid. Davis in excitement ran into some kid that was at his knees. LOL at this thread. Hope Baby makes that face again tonight. Double R sounds upset and bitter. Games over move on

Tragedy
05-12-2009, 04:57 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/9563926/Big-Baby-apologizes-for-bumping-young-fan
Case close, end of story. It was an emotional moment. No one can expect Baby to turn back and apologize right then and there. It's being overblown.

Cubs Win
05-12-2009, 05:02 PM

I think he should apologize. It's not saying he did something wrong, just that he's sorry he pushed a 12 yr old. As for the autograph, you'll have trouble finding people who want a Glen "Big Baby" Davis autograph. :D

BTownTeamsRKing
05-12-2009, 06:06 PM
I think he should apologize. It's not saying he did something wrong, just that he's sorry he pushed a 12 yr old. As for the autograph, you'll have trouble finding people who want a Glen "Big Baby" Davis autograph. :D

I was thinking a framed autographed picture of Davis shoving the kid out of the way with the final score on the frame.

GspLAL
05-12-2009, 06:24 PM
Man some people will literally ***** about anything...he just made a buzzer beater in a game which would have them down 3-1 and pretty much end the series, give him a break. He was going crazy with excitement.

Plus, just saw on ESPN that he made an apology.