PDA

View Full Version : THE 2009 FREE AGENTS (by position)

jmastert
05-11-2009, 11:16 AM
I know the season isn't over yet, but its about time when you think about who your team will sign in the offseason.

Point Guards

Unrestricted Free Agents

Jason Kidd
Mike Bibby
Andre Miller
Stephon Marbury
Jason Hart
Brevin Knight
Smush Parker
Ronald Murray
Marcus Williams
Jacque Vaughn
Lindsey Hunter
Anthony Carter
Kevin Ollie
Quincy Douby
Mike Wilks

Restricted Free Agents

Ramon Sessions
Raymond Felton
Nate Robinson
Luther Head
Jarrett Jack

Early-Termination Options

Eddie House
Tyronn Lue
Anthony Johnson
Travis Diener
Chris Quinn
Bobby Brown

Shooting Guards

Unrestricted Free Agents

Allen Iverson
Wally Szczerbiak
Bobby Jackson
Ben Gordon
Desmond Mason
Anthony Parker
Damon Jones
Keith Bogans
Rodney Carney
Ronnie Price
Morris Almond
Maurice Ager
Gerald Green
James Singleton
Dahntay Jones
Von Wafer
Shannon Brown
Quinton Ross
Kareem Rush
Juan Dixon

Restricted Free Agents

Rashad McCants
Joey Graham
Linas Kleiza
Carlos Delfino (If he returns from overseas)

Early Termination Options

Kobe Bryant
Jamal Crawford
Quentin Richardson
Trenton Hassell
Michael Finley
Ricky Davis
Devin Brown

Small Forwards

Unrestricted Free Agents

Shawn Marion
Lamar Odom
Ron Artest
Trevor Ariza
Walter Herrmann
Grant Hill
Ime Udoka
Stephen Graham
Matt Barnes
Darius Miles
Justin Reed
Adrian Griffin

Restricted Free Agents

Marvin Williams
Ike Diogu
Jamario Moon
Josh Childress (If he returns from Greece)

Hidayet Turkoglu
Kyle Korver
Devean George
Yakhouba Diawara

Power Forwards

Unrestricted Free Agents

Rasheed Wallace
Malik Rose
Drew Gooden
Chris Wilcox
Stromile Swift
Joe Smith
Shelden Williams
Maceo Baston
Cedric Simmons
Juwon Howard
Chris Anderson
Steve Novak
Donyell Marshall
Ryan Bowen
Michael Ruffin
Shavlik Randolph

Restricted Free Agents

Charlie Villanueva
Channing Frye
Hakim Warrick
David Lee
Leon Powe
Glen Davis
Aaron Gray
Brandon Bass
Paul Millsap

Ealry Termination Options

Jermaine O'Neal
Al Harrington
Anderson Varejao
Brian Cook
Brian Skinner
Malik Allen

Centers

Unrestricted Free Agents

Raef LaFrentz
Radoslav Nesterovic
Jason Collins
Zaza Pachulia
Robert Swift
Chris Mihm
Saer Sene
Jarron Collins
Didier Ilunga-Mbenga
Calvin Booth
Melvin Ely
Ryan Hollins
Lorenzen Wright
Adonal Foyle
Jamaal Magloire
Sean Marks
Theo Ratliff
Patrick O'Bryant
Jake Voskuhl
Dikembe Mutombo

Restricted Free Agents

Johan Petro

Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Eddy Curry
Mehmet Okur
Mark Blount
Etan Thomas
Jerome James
Kwame Brown
Steven Hunter
Francisco Elson

Wilson
05-11-2009, 11:32 AM
If Jarrett Jack falls under the radar, I'd like the Lakers to take a look at him.

I really want us to go after Rasheed Wallace with our MLE, or Chris Andersen (although I'd expect the Nuggets to re-sign him...).

thephoenixson28
05-11-2009, 11:37 AM
If Jarrett Jack falls under the radar, I'd like the Lakers to take a look at him.

I really want us to go after Rasheed Wallace with our MLE, or Chris Andersen (although I'd expect the Nuggets to re-sign him...). so your giving up on bynum already.

jrivera
05-11-2009, 11:44 AM
I wonder who will get Iverson?? I think he can help out the Cavs win a championship.

Wilson
05-11-2009, 11:48 AM
so your giving up on bynum already.

Nope. If he can come back fully healthy next season, start rebounding the ball again and giving us 15 points or something, I'd be happy. I want Rasheed or Andersen because they'd give us some energy and attitude, something we don't have enough of right now.

Maybe Bynum and Pau would start playing tougher if Rasheed was beating on them every practice...

Wilson
05-11-2009, 11:50 AM
I wonder who will get Iverson?? I think he can help out the Cavs win a championship.

Well he'll definately want to go to a contender, but I think he needs to be somewhere where he's free to just attack. He can still be a productive player, he just needs the freedom to score the ball.

kv9588
05-11-2009, 11:50 AM
Hopefully some good hardnosed coach will pick up gerald green and help him reach his potential. That kid can be good.

thephoenixson28
05-11-2009, 11:53 AM
Nope. If he can come back fully healthy next season, start rebounding the ball again and giving us 15 points or something, I'd be happy. I want Rasheed or Andersen because they'd give us some energy and attitude, something we don't have enough of right now.

Maybe Bynum and Pau would start playing tougher if Rasheed was beating on them every practice... so you would want bynum coming of the bench. How about this trade shaq + the 14th pick for bynum and lamar odom

Mr.ATLHawks
05-11-2009, 11:55 AM
Very weak FA class it looks like. some teams will be overpaying for some of these guys. Expect Joe Johnson to be on the trading block after this year while Atlanta can still gets omething for him...

Wilson
05-11-2009, 11:57 AM
so you would want bynum coming of the bench. How about this trade shaq + the 14th pick for bynum and lamar odom

I didn't say I wanted Rasheed to start. He can be a good player on the bench for us, and gives us a great front court rotation with Pau, Bynum and Lamar (if we re-sign him).

The thing that concerns me is that if Lamar does stay, then that's four guys who need minutes, and we really want Bynum to get a lot so he can reach his potential. Rasheed would be great for us if Lamar leaves, if he doesn't then maybe we shouldn't go after him, it all depends...

Mr.ATLHawks
05-11-2009, 11:57 AM
so you would want bynum coming of the bench. How about this trade shaq + the 14th pick for bynum and lamar odom

Kobe would have to swollow his pride on this one and admit he cant win a championship w/out Shaq. It would be an excellent move for the Lakers in the short term. Bynum will never been even comprable to Shaq's worst NBA year

thephoenixson28
05-11-2009, 11:58 AM
I wonder who will get Iverson?? I think he can help out the Cavs win a championship. I love iverson but I think if he goes to a contender it wouldn't work out cuz he is a undersize 2 guard. I know he plays with heart but he is only effective when he has the ball in his hands. I don't see it working out I see him going back to philly.

bahama0811
I sure as hell hope that the Nuggets re-sign Chris Anderson. He's said that he wants to be a Nugget.

Mr.ATLHawks
I didn't say I wanted Rasheed to start. He can be a good player on the bench for us, and gives us a great front court rotation with Pau, Bynum and Lamar (if we re-sign him).

The thing that concerns me is that if Lamar does stay, then that's four guys who need minutes, and we really want Bynum to get a lot so he can reach his potential. Rasheed would be great for us if Lamar leaves, if he doesn't then maybe we shouldn't go after him, it all depends...

Sheed already said he wants 8 million or he is retiring. i dont think he's coming back to ride the pine...

Wilson
05-11-2009, 12:01 PM
Sheed already said he wants 8 million or he is retiring. i dont think he's coming back to ride the pine...

Damn, looks like no Sheed for the Lakers then...

City Rocko 31
05-11-2009, 12:03 PM
Nah, Iverson is going to the Bobcats...
reunited with Larry Brown, plus no shooting guards on the team
playoff contenders?....maybe

mitch91
05-11-2009, 12:05 PM
is boozer not a free agent this year? or did i miss him in the list?

aman_13
05-11-2009, 12:18 PM
is boozer not a free agent this year? or did i miss him in the list?

I think he has a early termination option.

fredv
05-11-2009, 12:21 PM
Mike Bibby, Ramon Sessions, Raymond Felton, Ben Gordon, Von Wafer, Shannon Brown, Ron Artest, Trevor Ariza, David Lee, are all on my wanted list.

Wilson
05-11-2009, 12:24 PM
Mike Bibby, Ramon Sessions, Raymond Felton, Ben Gordon, Von Wafer, Shannon Brown, Ron Artest, Trevor Ariza, David Lee, are all on my wanted list.

The Lakers NEED to re-sign Trevor Ariza, I don't want him going anywhere...

AIMelo=KillaDUO
05-11-2009, 12:26 PM

Maybe Bynum and Pau would start playing tougher if Rasheed was beating on them every practice...

You wanna offer Sheed an MLE??

Did you not read the article when he said that he wants 11-Mill. next season?

dandman1021
05-11-2009, 12:33 PM
Does anyone know how much Ariza will want?

Wilson
05-11-2009, 12:34 PM
You wanna offer Sheed an MLE??

Did you not read the article when he said that he wants 11-Mill. next season?

I missed it, but someone said earlier that Sheed said he wants $8 million+, then I conceded defeat...:p

Ironman5219
Boozer is like one of the biggest names in FA, you may want to add him on the list- player option

dawkinit
Nah, Iverson is going to the Bobcats...
reunited with Larry Brown, plus no shooting guards on the team
playoff contenders?....maybe

reunited with larry brown haha? did i miss something? no way AI goes to the bobcats to finish his career lol... COME BACK TO PHILLY WE MISS YOU

Wilson
05-11-2009, 12:36 PM
Does anyone know how much Ariza will want?

I don't know anything about how much he wants, but if he carries on playing well in the play-offs, he might attract a big offer or two (obviously not superstar money, but still a lot). He's still only 23 as well, which could possibly drive up his price tag...

dandman1021
05-11-2009, 12:37 PM
i think Iverson either goes to Philly,Charlotte,or Dallas

dandman1021
05-11-2009, 12:38 PM
I don't know anything about how much he wants, but if he carries on playing well in the play-offs, he might attract a big offer or two (obviously not superstar money, but still a lot). He's still only 23 as well, which could possibly drive up his price tag...

o well i hope miami can make an offer on him, but i think all we an do is MLE and i'm not sure if that will be enough:sigh::pray:

thephoenixson28
05-11-2009, 12:43 PM

The thing that concerns me is that if Lamar does stay, then that's four guys who need minutes, and we really want Bynum to get a lot so he can reach his potential. Rasheed would be great for us if Lamar leaves, if he doesn't then maybe we shouldn't go after him, it all depends... I don't think rasheed would want to come of the bench

thephoenixson28
05-11-2009, 12:50 PM
Kobe would have to swollow his pride on this one and admit he cant win a championship w/out Shaq. It would be an excellent move for the Lakers in the short term. Bynum will never been even comprable to Shaq's worst NBA year so true

cantstopthee
05-11-2009, 12:58 PM
bird man come to detroit!!! you can start here

Wilson
05-11-2009, 01:02 PM

Kobe would have to swollow his pride on this one and admit he cant win a championship w/out Shaq. It would be an excellent move for the Lakers in the short term. Bynum will never been even comprable to Shaq's worst NBA year

so true

:eyebrow:

o well i hope miami can make an offer on him, but i think all we an do is MLE and i'm not sure if that will be enough:sigh::pray:

Luckily for the Lakers, they have bird rights on him so they don't have to be worried about the salary cap when re-signing him. Hopefully Dr. Buss won't mind dipping into his pockets a bit to keep Trevor here, I've really fallen in love with him (and I'm not the only one...)...

bird man come to detroit!!! you can start here

But he can't play for Los Angeles and Detroit...:p

fredv
05-11-2009, 01:12 PM
The Lakers NEED to re-sign Trevor Ariza, I don't want him going anywhere...

How about Brown? Don't want him back?

Wilson
05-11-2009, 01:14 PM
How about Brown? Don't want him back?

Of course I do, I'm just more adamant about Trevor Ariza :p

Nets fan 93
05-11-2009, 03:05 PM
Go get Ariza Nets!

Vinny642
05-11-2009, 03:08 PM
Artest wants to go to New Orleans. And so does Zaza. Right after we trade Tyson and Peja ;)

fredv
05-11-2009, 03:14 PM
Artest wants to go to New Orleans.

Where did you get that from?

Vinny642
05-11-2009, 03:20 PM
im just saying it; i meant to say NO should get him

masalex1205
05-11-2009, 03:25 PM
Who's going to be the suckers and overpay Shannon Brown?

Wilson
05-11-2009, 03:35 PM
Go get Ariza Nets!

:guns:

Phillyfan15
05-11-2009, 03:50 PM
come on sixers get Ben Gordan.. he helps fill a major need and hes a perfect fit

Vinny642
05-11-2009, 03:53 PM
come on sixers get Ben Gordan.. he helps fill a major need and hes a perfect fit

Na man I want Gordon then if we don't get him Artest or somebody good. But we need to get some cash.

Squad13
05-11-2009, 04:17 PM

You're a fool, that is an awful trade that doesn't help us at all.

thephoenixson28
05-11-2009, 04:33 PM
You're a fool, that is an awful trade that doesn't help us at all. You honestly believe so 2 guys that play of the bench for you guys then you bring back a shaq that wants to prove something. Shaq still dominant and is probably the 3rd best center in the league next to howard, and yao. It gives you a expiring contract in 2010 if you don't want shaq no more and you can pick up someone in the free agent class of 2010 a lebron,wade, or whoever to help I'm just saying it would be a good trade for both sides but that's just me anyone else disagrees.

BiG bAd BrUiNs
05-11-2009, 04:34 PM
Hopefully some good hardnosed coach will pick up gerald green and help him reach his potential. That kid can be good.

+1. Gerald Green was one of my favorite players when he was with the Celtics. I would love to see him be good eventually.

On a side note, is Tony Allen a free agent this year?

Wilson
05-11-2009, 04:57 PM
You honestly believe so 2 guys that play of the bench for you guys then you bring back a shaq that wants to prove something. Shaq still dominant and is probably the 3rd best center in the league next to howard, and yao. It gives you a expiring contract in 2010 if you don't want shaq no more and you can pick up someone in the free agent class of 2010 a lebron,wade, or whoever to help I'm just saying it would be a good trade for both sides but that's just me anyone else disagrees.

Whether Bynum does or doesn't become a consistently good starting center (or even a great one) is debatable. What confuses me, is you say he's never going to give you Shaq's worst, so why are you interested in trading Shaq (and a first round draft pick) for him?

Also, what use would you have for Lamar Odom (who's contract expires, so it would have to be a sign and trade)?

Jay22Redd
05-11-2009, 05:13 PM
Im hoping for:

Ron Artest back
Jamal Crawford
Shannon Brown
Gerald Green
Steve Novak

Mr.ATLHawks
05-11-2009, 05:14 PM
You're a fool, that is an awful trade that doesn't help us at all.

Wow I am a fool? What have they done since Shaq was traded besides make the finals and get mopped? You shoud call that ******* idiot of a general manager a fool for succumbing to Kobe childish ****** attitude. Andrew Bynum is injury prone and a waste of ******* space. Shaq is gritty, hardnosed, put some intimidation in your ***** *** team that doesnt like to play defense. You can be a homer but dont call someone who sees the truth a idiot. I bet Kobe wishes he had Shaq back that i would guarantee. I used to like the Lakers until they made probably the 2nd dumbest decision in basketball history. They went from 3 in a row definitely dynasty to a aging, still trying to get another ring, piece of **** team that thinks offense is going to win them another championship. Keep riding Bynums slow, undeveloped, scared to mix up's nutsack and see how far that takes you...

Phillyfan15
05-11-2009, 05:25 PM
Na man I want Gordon then if we don't get him Artest or somebody good. But we need to get some cash.

ill tell you what. You trade us Chris Paul and you can have Ben Gordon, well even throw in sammy d. lol:D

Vinny642
05-11-2009, 05:49 PM
Sammy D Igoudala Gordon<<< CP#3

thephoenixson28
05-11-2009, 05:58 PM
Whether Bynum does or doesn't become a consistently good starting center (or even a great one) is debatable. What confuses me, is you say he's never going to give you Shaq's worst, so why are you interested in trading Shaq (and a first round draft pick) for him?

Also, what use would you have for Lamar Odom (who's contract expires, so it would have to be a sign and trade)? First of all you need to get your facts straight I didn't say that the guy that just told you that you should quit riding bynums slow, undeveloped, scared to mix up's nut sack told you that why would I give you the benefit of the doubt you honestly think that we will give you shaq for nothing. I believe its a even trade. Make a sign and trade for it to work out. I believe that odom wants to play for gentry cuz the simple fact that odom feels that he was the reason he got fired in L.A. But whatever is clever.

fredv
05-11-2009, 05:59 PM
Im hoping for:

Ron Artest back
Jamal Crawford
Shannon Brown
Gerald Green
Steve Novak

I'd veto those... And even though I did add Shannon Brown to my list, I don't know what we could do with him because of Brooks and Lowry. Maybe use him as a possible replacement for Wafer?

Wilson
05-11-2009, 06:01 PM
I'd veto those... And even though I did add Shannon Brown to my list, I don't know what we could do with him because of Brooks and Lowry. Maybe use him as a possible replacement for Wafer?

Well he's 6'4", so he could probably give you some good minutes at SG...

IversonIsKrazy
05-11-2009, 06:08 PM
i think Lakers should go after a guy like Sheed or Zaza. And Spurs should go after Von Wafer. I think hes got a lot of skill, and is still very young. Try to lure him away from the Rockets.

Wilson
05-11-2009, 06:10 PM
i think Lakers should go after a guy like Sheed or Zaza. And Spurs should go after Von Wafer. I think hes got a lot of skill, and is still very young. Try to lure him away from the Rockets.

I love the idea of Sheed playing for the Lakers, but as detailed before, it doesn't appear we'll be able to get him...

Super.
05-11-2009, 09:26 PM
I see Ben Gordon getting more money than anyone else....

MGB
05-11-2009, 09:53 PM
Joey Graham should be listed under every category, he's the most versatile player in the NBA.

Wilson
05-11-2009, 09:56 PM
First of all you need to get your facts straight I didn't say that the guy that just told you that you should quit riding bynums slow, undeveloped, scared to mix up's nut sack told you that why would I give you the benefit of the doubt you honestly think that we will give you shaq for nothing.

...and you replied with "so true". Then you went on to call Bynum slow, undeveloped and scared to mix it up...

I believe its a even trade. Make a sign and trade for it to work out. I believe that odom wants to play for gentry cuz the simple fact that odom feels that he was the reason he got fired in L.A. But whatever is clever.

...and then you said again that it would be good to trade for him :eyebrow:

If Bynum's that bad, then why do you want him and his four year contract, as well as a possibly lengthy and expensive contract for Lamar in exchange for the Big Expiring and your first round draft pick?

I'm not trying to start a fight, you're just not making an awful lot of sense...

Wilson
05-11-2009, 09:57 PM
I see Ben Gordon getting more money than anyone else....

That first round performance definately ensured him a big pay day...

thephoenixson28
05-11-2009, 10:32 PM
...and you replied with "so true". Then you went on to call Bynum slow, undeveloped and scared to mix it up...

...and then you said again that it would be good to trade for him :eyebrow:

If Bynum's that bad, then why do you want him and his four year contract, as well as a possibly lengthy and expensive contract for Lamar in exchange for the Big Expiring and your first round draft pick?

I'm not trying to start a fight, you're just not making an awful lot of sense... I said so true cuz kobe would have to swallow his pride andknow the fact he can't win a championship without him. Also I didn't say that he was slow and the rest of the stuff mr atlanta did

Wilson
05-11-2009, 10:43 PM
I said so true cuz kobe would have to swallow his pride andknow the fact he can't win a championship without him. Also I didn't say that he was slow and the rest of the stuff mr atlanta did

Ahh I see. Fair enough then :p

I don't think Kobe's pride is much of an issue anymore. Should Shaq end up with the Lakers again, I don't think it would be seen as Kobe needing him, since Shaq's never going to be as good as he was when we got those three championships.

Still though, I don't think there's much chance that the Lakers will look to trade Bynum this summer, and I don't think we're going to look to get Shaq back...

Mr.ATLHawks
05-12-2009, 08:28 AM

I don't think Kobe's pride is much of an issue anymore. Should Shaq end up with the Lakers again, I don't think it would be seen as Kobe needing him, since Shaq's never going to be as good as he was when we got those three championships.

Still though, I don't think there's much chance that the Lakers will look to trade Bynum this summer, and I don't think we're going to look to get Shaq back...

But you can admit that even at Shaq's far superior age he is a big upgrade over Bynum at the center position. The Lakers were ohh so close to winning last year. Why did they lose? Lack of interior defensive prescence is what i saw. Shaq doesnt need to score 20 points a game anymore, you have Pau who would benefit tremendously with Shaq there as a offensive threat commanding a double team. It would guve Kobe more free roam to slash and cut. Give you 3 point shooters The Machine, Fisher, Ariza alot of open looks. I dont agree with giving Odom and Bynum away. I dont think Odom is going to return to the Lakers. Ariza s going to command 8+ million IMO. Dont forget Kobe has a ETO in his contract for this year so they might have to throw money at him. But IF they fail this year I see him expecting some major moves in the off season. If the Lakers dont try to pick up Shaq then I think Mark Cuban is going after him and watch out for Dallas next year barring they can pick up a point guard or re-sign Kidd...maybe Andre Miller even. Miller, Terry, Howard, Nowitski, Shaq....nasty 5. And you still have some quality off the bench in Barea, Bass and a few others.

TheDiggler
05-12-2009, 08:49 AM
i think Iverson either goes to Philly,Charlotte,or Dallas

I still would love to have Iverson playing alongside Dirk, even if I just don't know if this would work. Iverson needs the ball and Dirk a scoring option, too.

stouderose
05-12-2009, 09:49 AM
But you can admit that even at Shaq's far superior age he is a big upgrade over Bynum at the center position. The Lakers were ohh so close to winning last year. Why did they lose? Lack of interior defensive prescence is what i saw. Shaq doesnt need to score 20 points a game anymore, you have Pau who would benefit tremendously with Shaq there as a offensive threat commanding a double team. It would guve Kobe more free roam to slash and cut. Give you 3 point shooters The Machine, Fisher, Ariza alot of open looks. I dont agree with giving Odom and Bynum away. I dont think Odom is going to return to the Lakers. Ariza s going to command 8+ million IMO. Dont forget Kobe has a ETO in his contract for this year so they might have to throw money at him. But IF they fail this year I see him expecting some major moves in the off season. If the Lakers dont try to pick up Shaq then I think Mark Cuban is going after him and watch out for Dallas next year barring they can pick up a point guard or re-sign Kidd...maybe Andre Miller even. Miller, Terry, Howard, Nowitski, Shaq....nasty 5. And you still have some quality off the bench in Barea, Bass and a few others.

i think bass is a FA? maybe a restricted one but id love to see the bulls make a go at him

Big Quett
05-12-2009, 10:00 AM
I know the season isn't over yet, but its about time when you think about who your team will sign in the offseason.

Centers

Unrestricted Free Agents

Raef LaFrentz
Radoslav Nesterovic
Jason Collins
Zaza Pachulia
Robert Swift
Chris Mihm
Saer Sene
Jarron Collins
Didier Ilunga-Mbenga
Calvin Booth
Melvin Ely
Ryan Hollins
Lorenzen Wright
Adonal Foyle
Jamaal Magloire
Sean Marks
Theo Ratliff
Patrick O'Bryant
Jake Voskuhl
Dikembe Mutombo

Restricted Free Agents

Johan Petro

WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!

what a great crop of centers this offseason.:rolleyes:

Wilson
05-12-2009, 10:21 AM

Right now, Shaq probably is an upgrade over Bynum, mostly because of defense (Bynum can score around the rim, we just need to pass him the ball). However, next season, I wouldn't be suprised to see Bynum perform better than Shaq.

Shaq's going to be yet another year older, whilst Bynum should be completely healed from his knee injury, which means he should be able to challenge more shots and rebound the ball with some consistency. He should also be fully adjusted to playing alongside Pau, which seemed to really slow him down earlier in the season.

All Bynum needs to do next season, is when we're playing Memphis, he needs to watch his feet and not step on anyone, and not allow anyone to fall into him!! :mad: :mad:

WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!

what a great crop of centers this offseason.:rolleyes:

I know! Talk about the balance of power shifting...I definately want the Lakers to get a piece of Saer Sene...:drool:

RyanWeber
05-12-2009, 11:16 AM
Lakers should keep Ariza, sign a TOUGH guy that knows how to play DEFENSE

thephoenixson28
05-12-2009, 11:59 AM

Still though, I don't think there's much chance that the Lakers will look to trade Bynum this summer, and I don't think we're going to look to get Shaq back... don't get me wrong I still think shaq is better then bynum and I told a lot of lakers fans that he was going to be better then bynum this year and they all laughed at me and what do you know shaq had the better season. The reason I proposed the trade is cuz you guys get shaq that plays his best in the traingle offense and you get a expiring contract + the 14th pick. We get a center that fits into our system and also odom not only he fits in our system but also he would love to play for gentry again so I think its a win win situation

Wilson
05-12-2009, 12:08 PM
don't get me wrong I still think shaq is better then bynum and I told a lot of lakers fans that he was going to be better then bynum this year and they all laughed at me and what do you know shaq had the better season. The reason I proposed the trade is cuz you guys get shaq that plays his best in the traingle offense and you get a expiring contract + the 14th pick. We get a center that fits into our system and also odom not only he fits in our system but also he would love to play for gentry again so I think its a win win situation

Yeah I remember telling some people that Shaq could still play, and I wasn't met with positive feedback...

I can see where you're coming from with that trade then, but I think the Lakers are still prepared to give Bynum some time. His injuries really have come just as he seems to be finding his groove. The first one, in January '08, came in a month where he was averaging 20 and 14 or something, then it was quite similar for the month where he got hurt this season. So there's still a chance he can become a really strong center for us, he just needs to stay on the court.

Mr.ATLHawks
05-12-2009, 12:31 PM
Right now, Shaq probably is an upgrade over Bynum, mostly because of defense (Bynum can score around the rim, we just need to pass him the ball). However, next season, I wouldn't be suprised to see Bynum perform better than Shaq.

Shaq's going to be yet another year older, whilst Bynum should be completely healed from his knee injury, which means he should be able to challenge more shots and rebound the ball with some consistency. He should also be fully adjusted to playing alongside Pau, which seemed to really slow him down earlier in the season.

All Bynum needs to do next season, is when we're playing Memphis, he needs to watch his feet and not step on anyone, and not allow anyone to fall into him!! :mad: :mad:

I know! Talk about the balance of power shifting...I definately want the Lakers to get a piece of Saer Sene...:drool:

Yeah but you have to remember Kobe or Pau arent getting any younger either. The Lakers opportunities for championships are dwindling every year. If you want to look long term then yes Bynum POSSIBLY can be serviceable. But without Bryant do you see Bynum as a 20/10 guy? If they let Odom go thats going to put a hole in their offense and put even more emphasis on defense. Bynum is a little injury prone right now and has been in the league 4 years already. IDK call me crazy but he has to be reaching his full potential soon. I mean 4 years? I know he was 17 and raw but you at least have to show sign of greatness and I just dont see that when i watch him. I see him benfitting tremendously from Bryants playmaking abilities,

And on the FA note. Its sad when Zaza Pachulia will be the most coveted center in the FA market.

Mr.ATLHawks
05-12-2009, 12:33 PM
And after all of Bynum's intial **** talkin, after he was drafted, about how he was Shaq but could shoot free throws better he hasnt delivered on any of that.

Wilson
05-12-2009, 12:43 PM
Yeah but you have to remember Kobe or Pau arent getting any younger either. The Lakers opportunities for championships are dwindling every year. If you want to look long term then yes Bynum POSSIBLY can be serviceable. But without Bryant do you see Bynum as a 20/10 guy? If they let Odom go thats going to put a hole in their offense and put even more emphasis on defense. Bynum is a little injury prone right now and has been in the league 4 years already. IDK call me crazy but he has to be reaching his full potential soon. I mean 4 years? I know he was 17 and raw but you at least have to show sign of greatness and I just dont see that when i watch him. I see him benfitting tremendously from Bryants playmaking abilities,

And on the FA note. Its sad when Zaza Pachulia will be the most coveted center in the FA market.

He's not really injury prone. There's a difference between having recurring problems that need tons of work, and landing on someone's foot and then having a guy roll into your knee a year later.

Bynum really was beginning to live upto his hype (some of it at least) before those injuries. Like I said earlier, in the months he got injured, he was giving us 20 & 10. I'm confident that next season, when he's fully healed, he should be able to give us those numbers. Maybe not as averages, since he's still got Pau down there taking away some shots and rebounds, but he should play well and show us all the right signs.

I wouldn't say that Bynum lives off of Kobe's playmaking either. When he gets position down low and gets the ball, he's got a really sweet hook shot that he seems to hit at a really high percentage.

You're right that he hasn't exactly lived up to his words when talking a little bit of trash to Shaq :laugh2: :laugh2: Although this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd-FLEDTfao) was pretty cool...

J-Relo
05-12-2009, 12:59 PM
I guess Mutombo won't play next season....

Mr.ATLHawks
05-13-2009, 08:31 AM
He's not really injury prone. There's a difference between having recurring problems that need tons of work, and landing on someone's foot and then having a guy roll into your knee a year later.

Bynum really was beginning to live upto his hype (some of it at least) before those injuries. Like I said earlier, in the months he got injured, he was giving us 20 & 10. I'm confident that next season, when he's fully healed, he should be able to give us those numbers. Maybe not as averages, since he's still got Pau down there taking away some shots and rebounds, but he should play well and show us all the right signs.

I wouldn't say that Bynum lives off of Kobe's playmaking either. When he gets position down low and gets the ball, he's got a really sweet hook shot that he seems to hit at a really high percentage.

You're right that he hasn't exactly lived up to his words when talking a little bit of trash to Shaq :laugh2: :laugh2: Although this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd-FLEDTfao) was pretty cool...

LOL@the link. Yeah I think Shaq's was nastier but at least Bynum went back at him. I dont think he wanted a piece of Shaq physically there, he looked a lil scared like a deer in the headlights when Shaq bowed him, but good stuff.

Mr.ATLHawks
05-13-2009, 08:32 AM
I guess Mutombo won't play next season....

Yeah they said when he tore his knee up that he was done..

davg31
05-13-2009, 08:51 AM
Wouldnt it be so funny if the Knicks stayed quiet in wait for the 2010 FA, they let most of their players go and dont sign any of LeBron, Wade or Bosh

Lebron23
05-13-2009, 08:53 AM
Zaza Pachulia and Paul Millsap are going to be an excellent additions for the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Mr.ATLHawks
05-13-2009, 10:33 AM
Zaza Pachulia and Paul Millsap are going to be an excellent additions for the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Isnt cleveland stacked at the PF, C position already? Varajeo, Wallace, Iggy, Joe smith?

Wilson
05-13-2009, 10:34 AM
LOL@the link. Yeah I think Shaq's was nastier but at least Bynum went back at him. I dont think he wanted a piece of Shaq physically there, he looked a lil scared like a deer in the headlights when Shaq bowed him, but good stuff.

:laugh2: Yeah. He got a little excited and gave Shaq a bump, but when Shaq goes after you, I don't think there are many people who want to fight back...

Lebron23
05-13-2009, 11:28 AM
Isnt cleveland stacked at the PF, C position already? Varajeo, Wallace, Iggy, Joe smith?

Wallace, Ilgauskas, Joe Smith are 34 yrs.old. Cavs needs to have a much younger front court, so that they are still a competitive team in the next decade.