PDA

View Full Version : There should be a Referee watching the game through the TV camera angle

Storch
05-10-2009, 10:48 PM
The NBA is being accused at almost every game regarding their referees' skills and good decisions in blowing whistles. Maybe if theres a ref that see's the game in the audience's view will share the same complaints as us and over rule certain plays.

There should be a Referee or referess watching the game through the TV camera angle. Kind of like a panel of referees observing the game from the sideline.

This referee can be used in situations where all 3 referees on the court have no idea what the call is to be made. Or if the foot was on the line for the 3 pointer. Even use this to get a better angle on who last touched the ball.

The referee should be able to over power dumb plays that the referees on the court makes, just incase they make the wrong calls. Someone sitting down calmly without running up and down the court should be an advantage in helping decide on how to call certain "iffy" plays.

still1ballin
05-10-2009, 11:00 PM
Good idea, if it helps getting the calls right.

superkegger
05-10-2009, 11:05 PM
How often do they go to them then? I mean, it sounds like a good idea in theory, but how often can they overrule a call made? Every call? They can't possibly watch all the angles on all the calls in real time to over turn most calls withouth disrupting the flow of the game. It would just take too much extra time and wouldn't be totally practical. The power of review the refs have should expanded a little bit, but if you expand it too much, it would just slow the game down too much.

Kyben36
05-10-2009, 11:38 PM
I think he kinda mean having him sit over on the bench and have a wistle in his mouth waiting. I kinda like the idea, except the fact that even then your mainly watching on the ball. the only true way to make sure that you get calls right is as so

have 10 Refs. Yes, 10.

have one ref watch 1 player, 1 per player on the court.

This way you get everything right.

the hole TV angles is an OK idea, but still isnt that good of an idea because they cant even see the hole floor. I feel like refing will never be perfect, but it seems like this year its gotten realy bad, the bulls Celtics, the Rockets Lakers and this is only 2 rounds in, can you imagine how many controversal call we will have by the finals.