PDA

View Full Version : Should NBA Change their Rules to adjust for Lebron?

matt_indiana25
05-08-2009, 07:56 PM
Watching these Playoff games it has been clear that Lebron is so much more dominant than all of the other players. Should the NBA change there rules to help the other NBA teams out?

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the NBA when Shaq was L.A. cahnge the rules to help out the other NBA teams by allowing teams to play Zone now and might of even widened the lanes.

Should the NBA change with the Rules some? Get rid of the crab dribble?

MightyMax
05-08-2009, 07:59 PM
They need to call traveling on him more.

Reyes6
05-08-2009, 08:05 PM
I don't think refs let them necessarily play the zone more, it was just the only gameplan for such a dominant big man. And he does get away with traveling too much, but no rules should be altered or changed. No crab dribble, no euro step... Good defenders can contain him, but trying to change the rules to stop a guy from being great seems a bit crazy. All you can do is contain him... much like Kobe Bryant.

fairandbalanced
05-08-2009, 08:15 PM
Any Star player with a good team will also look good against Pistons and the Hawks.

madiaz3
05-08-2009, 08:16 PM
Letting him get away with traveling undos the hard work of good defenders time and time again.

Hawkeye15
05-08-2009, 08:36 PM
no. Every star gets away with things. Deal with it

coryd238
05-08-2009, 08:48 PM
They need to call traveling on him more.

this

toovey107
05-08-2009, 09:05 PM
thats exactly what is wrong with the nba

still1ballin
05-08-2009, 09:12 PM
Stop sending him to the FT line for breathing on him and start calling more fouls on him :)

madiaz3
05-08-2009, 09:13 PM

Most stars get away with things that they at least had a reputation of being able to do before they were a star, as in draw contact and make shots with harder degrees of difficult, or even just being a great defender so they will get the block call instead of a foul for example.

Traveling is something that is absolutely ridiculous to not be called especially for how often Lebron does it and with the fact he has won playoff games with it.

slipcid
05-08-2009, 10:40 PM
no. they must call that crab dribble a violation every time. the rule in basketball says 3 steps without dribble is a violation. lebron should adjust and not the league. im not against lebron he is a great athlete but he should be the one to adjust.

gauth25
05-08-2009, 11:00 PM
How is he dominating? He's playing an Atlanta team that doesn't play defense and he just played a disgruntled Pistons team that shouldn't have been in the playoffs. We'll see what he does against the Celtics or Magic.

kswissdaf
05-08-2009, 11:11 PM
All he does is cherry pick so you cant stop that

ttam68
05-09-2009, 12:52 AM
The league adjusted to Wilt, MJ, Shaq and probably a few others.

But Lebron hasn't won anything or set any records so this is premature. He's won 6 playoff games with a very good team as the top seed. That's it.

And the crab dribble is illegal. Refs are afraid to call Lebron for a lot of stuff becauses he's the league and media's baby. He's not all that dominant. He doesn't play the post and isn't a fantastic shooter. So the only thing you could change is the officiating. There's already a travelling rule and there's already a charge rule, yet somehow Lebron always ends up at the free throw line.

Ironman5219
05-09-2009, 01:02 AM
enforce the rules they have and stop giving star treatment!!!!

53 HOWARD
05-09-2009, 01:03 AM
The league adjusted to Wilt, MJ, Shaq and probably a few others.

But Lebron hasn't won anything or set any records so this is premature. He's won 6 playoff games with a very good team as the top seed. That's it.

And the crab dribble is illegal. Refs are afraid to call Lebron for a lot of stuff becauses he's the league and media's baby. He's not all that dominant. He doesn't play the post and isn't a fantastic shooter. So the only thing you could change is the officiating. There's already a travelling rule and there's already a charge rule, yet somehow Lebron always ends up at the free throw line.

x2

S.J.Basketball
05-09-2009, 01:03 AM
Right now the Cavs have a free pass to the Conference Finals so Lebron is looking god like against these teams and his role players are looking like super stars.

Lakersfan2483
05-09-2009, 01:11 AM
This is a pointless thread.

superkegger
05-09-2009, 01:11 AM
They don't need to change the rules because of LeBron, however they do need to get rid of the ridiculous rule that disallows hand checking.

MickeyMgl
05-09-2009, 01:26 AM
Watching these Playoff games it has been clear that Lebron is so much more dominant than all of the other players. Should the NBA change there rules to help the other NBA teams out?

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the NBA when Shaq was L.A. cahnge the rules to help out the other NBA teams by allowing teams to play Zone now and might of even widened the lanes.

Lebron is good, but he's not that good yet. No changes necessary. Apply the rules as they're written, with no preferential treatment for him, and things should be fine.

Kyle N.
05-09-2009, 02:32 AM
no. they must call that crab dribble a violation every time. the rule in basketball says 3 steps without dribble is a violation. lebron should adjust and not the league. im not against lebron he is a great athlete but he should be the one to adjust.

Exactly, and he took 4 so I don't even know where his argument came from.

EddieB
05-09-2009, 02:54 AM
ban the crab dribble!

metsbulls1025
05-09-2009, 03:17 AM
How about we get rid of Lebron. :p JK

I am just sick of Lebron all together. The NBA and media outlets that cover him are force feeding him to me at a ridiculous pace and its crazy. Now he is getting a movie about his high school team. WHY? Does anyone give a **** what any NBA player, past or present, did while in high school? Yes he is a great player, but enough is enough. Its like this is Lebrons league and everyones playing in it. Give me a break.

ARMIN12NBA
05-09-2009, 03:17 AM
No. He's not that dominant.

JiffyMix88
05-09-2009, 03:53 AM
I'll tell you what the league needs to do and that is the league needs to stop sucking kobe lebron and somehow rondo got in there's d!**. after the bulls celtics series i have completely began to hate the nba

torontosports10
05-09-2009, 02:56 PM
Stop sending him to the FT line for breathing on him and start calling more fouls on him :)

As well as Kobe and Wade and so on

Tick
05-09-2009, 03:07 PM

They didn't change the rules for Jordan or Kobe Bryant so why would they change them for Lebron? When a player like Lebron comes around who embrace it. You don't go change the game. He's a once in a lifetime player. If every player was that good you would have to change some rules but it's one player. The Boston Celtics team defense slowed him down in the past. Teams just need to prepare better for him. He's going to get at least 2 championship rings though.

Tick
05-09-2009, 03:09 PM
Right now the Cavs have a free pass to the Conference Finals so Lebron is looking god like against these teams and his role players are looking like super stars.

Actually they have a free pass through the whole playoffs. No team is going to beat them 4 times. It just will not happen. I wish it wasn't true because I hate the Cavs but it is true no matter what you might think.

TYoung21
05-09-2009, 03:12 PM
LeBron would still dominate with rule changes against him LMAO

GREATNESS ONE
05-09-2009, 03:21 PM
Actually they have a free pass through the whole playoffs. No team is going to beat them 4 times. It just will not happen. I wish it wasn't true because I hate the Cavs but it is true no matter what you might think.

:rolleyes:

theimortalone
05-09-2009, 03:25 PM
WTF? :laugh: HONESTLY?

fast_break
05-09-2009, 03:29 PM
crab dribble FTL

lakers4sho
05-09-2009, 03:29 PM
No, the rules are fine. It's the referees that aren't implementing them on LeBron.

KB24PG16
05-09-2009, 03:31 PM
they should suspend for no reason

cHi8DaL5LA420
05-09-2009, 03:40 PM
what a stupid thread... i know for a fact if they tried to implant a stupid rule that is going to try and slow down good ball handlers they will lose a lot of fans... dumb thread... i say hell no