PDA

View Full Version : The Ron Artest Appreciation Thread

MoBASS
05-08-2009, 12:14 PM
I'm a Lakers fan, but after seeing all the love Artest is getting in the "Artest's Story of Death on the Courts" thread, I feel we definitely need a Ron Artest Appreciation Thread.

Post all your favorite Ron-Ron:

quotes - "I told Kobe you need to relax... don't you know you're hitting Ron Artest?"

Youtube clips - Artest serenades Paul Pierce: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD796H08J7w), and..

news articles - Ron Artest turns his car into a recording studio (http://www.davissportsdeli.com/wordpress/2009/03/18/ron-artest-turns-his-car-into-a-studio/)

The guy plays with a passion and fire that's missing in a lot of these coddled young NBA players.

I would love to have Ron-Ron on my team.

tr4shb0t
05-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Ron applied for a job at Circuit City as a Chicago rookie to be eligible for the employee discount, citing Jerry Krause as a reference.

pd7631
05-08-2009, 12:35 PM
“I mean, last season, I was 24 going on 25. Now, I am 25 going on 26. You grow up, you make mistakes and you learn from that. I am trying not to make the same mistakes.”

"That's gonna be fun, ... I love the tension. I love when everything's going wrong ... In the NBA, they don't promote guys like me. They like guys who like Cheerios, good guys. But I find a way to promote myself.”

-

xxepo
05-08-2009, 12:44 PM
hahaha his a nut lol but i love it

Trouble87
05-08-2009, 12:50 PM
what a difference a few years make...

some people were ready to demonize him for his past actions but suddenly now people think he's this great guy whose so full of passion

Don't get me wrong I always liked RonRon but he's a few sprinkles short of a sundae

DerekRE_3
05-08-2009, 12:50 PM
I love Ron Artest. He works hard, plays hard, he's tough, and he plays defense. He can make stupid decisions at times on offense, but you know he wants to win. If he hogs the ball, it's not because he wants to get his points, it's because he probably believes that he gives his team the best chance to win. The downside to Ron....is he is pretty much nuts.

pd7631
05-08-2009, 12:56 PM
what a difference a few years make...

some people were ready to demonize him for his past actions but suddenly now people think he's this great guy whose so full of passion

Don't get me wrong I always liked RonRon but he's a few sprinkles short of a sundae

Who doesn't like a sundae? :D

TheIceShot
05-08-2009, 01:02 PM
Definitely a fan of him. Plays tough every night. :clap:

IBleedPurple
05-08-2009, 01:54 PM
I say let JordansBulls handle the appreciation threads, because Artest shouldn't be top 50. The guy is a talented athlete, but is everything a coach and parent doesn't want out of a NBA player

DerekRE_3
05-08-2009, 02:16 PM
I didn't know a player had to be "top 50" to have an appreciation thread. I mean...I'd love to see a Ronnie Price appreciation thread. He deserves one too.

Sly Guy
05-08-2009, 02:33 PM
anyone who wants to take time off work to promote their rap album is good for some appreciation in my books.

CityofTreez
05-08-2009, 03:17 PM
My boy Ron Artest aka Tru Warrior! This guy is one of the most entertaining players in the NBA. When we picked him up for Peja-too many words crossed my mind: worried,relieved,scared,unpredictable,loose cannon, etc...

Ron Artest revived his career in sac-Town and I give him credit. Especailly when we played the LA Kobe's and stole a game from them in the Staples center!

He is the only guy I know who said he would take a lower salary for Adelman to stay in Sacramento. Oh yeah and the infamous line: "If Bonzi doesn't resign; i'll kill him!" :laugh:

borat
05-08-2009, 03:30 PM
"First, I want to apologize to my wife, to my family," Artest said.

(said after he beat his wife up)

TYoung21
05-08-2009, 03:58 PM
I Love Ron Artest!!!!!!

Jaji
05-08-2009, 04:03 PM
I love Ron Artest. He's one of my all-time favorite players. He's the starting 3 on the All-Time All Jaji team.

CityofTreez
05-08-2009, 04:19 PM
The downside to Ron....is he is pretty much nuts.

Yeah, he's the perfect example of the guy who doesn't think before he says nearly everything.

Ronnie Price: Another player we let get away.

MoBASS
05-08-2009, 04:19 PM
"Stay focused and stay away from unknown females."

MoBASS
05-08-2009, 04:20 PM
NO LAYUPS!

http://www.youtube.com/v/jBx8LSwqRpE

Catfish1314
05-08-2009, 04:32 PM
Ron Artest is different. He's one of those players in the league like Rasheed Wallace and Joakim Noah who just don't give a **** about what anyone thinks about him (them).

He doesn't have the greatest shot selection in the world, nor does he always make the best decisions. He's definitely not perfect, but we all know no one is.

When he was traded to Sacramento in 2006, he brought the team back to life. Had it not been for him, we could never have even sniffed the playoffs that season. For all his (what some would call) lunacy, he really does care about winning. He wants to win, he plays his guts out every night and he shows it. He's not afraid to knock you on your *** and that's what I love about him.

Verbal Christ
05-08-2009, 04:43 PM
"First, I want to apologize to my wife, to my family," Artest said.

(said after he beat his wife up)

oddly enough didnt kobe use this very same line, fighting back tears on a podium? oops its a ron APPRECIATION thread i forgot.

Draco
05-08-2009, 05:02 PM
oddly enough didnt kobe use this very same line, fighting back tears on a podium? oops its a ron APPRECIATION thread i forgot.

:rimshot:

jimbobjarree
05-08-2009, 05:40 PM
I love Ronnie, plays the game with passion, muscle and digs deep.

also provides us with many an entertaining moment and is a heck of a baller.

I wonder if he re-signs with Houston :shrug:

IRUAM #21
05-08-2009, 05:43 PM
Come to Miami Ron !

MiamiHeat
05-08-2009, 05:50 PM
you gotta love RonRon :up:

Kabowdos
05-08-2009, 05:51 PM
I say let JordansBulls handle the appreciation threads, because Artest shouldn't be top 50. The guy is a talented athlete, but is everything a coach and parent doesn't want out of a NBA player

I say who cares about JordansBulls. He is one of the most biggest homers on here.

Vinny642
05-08-2009, 05:56 PM
Artest is a cool dude, I didn't like him with Sac Town tho but he is good here. People talking about his past actions, if someone threw a beer at me.... i'd go crazy to.

BoTiggle
05-08-2009, 06:03 PM
+1 for Ron Artest.

htown_staydown
05-08-2009, 06:05 PM
Ron Artest " If that was me throwing that elbow at Kobe, first of all i would have hurt Kobe way more than he hurt me. I probably would have knocked him out with the same force he used on me." RON is a BEAST

Gibby23
05-08-2009, 06:06 PM
Ron Artest " If that was me throwing that elbow at Kobe, first of all i would have hurt Kobe way more than he hurt me. I probably would have knocked him out with the same force he used on me." RON is a BEAST

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtHs1x4-mgY&feature=related

^^ Ron never takes cheep shots..

Vinny642
05-08-2009, 06:07 PM
I say who cares about JordansBulls. He is one of the most biggest homers on here.

JordansBulls is one of the most respected, and knowledgeable here. LOL. So he should continue making these. He isn't the most homer, I know alot more users that are homers including myself.

rapswin98
05-08-2009, 06:10 PM
I'm a Lakers fan, but after seeing all the love Artest is getting in the "Artest's Story of Death on the Courts" thread, I feel we definitely need a Ron Artest Appreciation Thread.

Post all your favorite Ron-Ron:

quotes - "I told Kobe you need to relax... don't you know you're hitting Ron Artest?"
Youtube clips - Artest serenades Paul Pierce: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD796H08J7w), and..

news articles - Ron Artest turns his car into a recording studio (http://www.davissportsdeli.com/wordpress/2009/03/18/ron-artest-turns-his-car-into-a-studio/)

The guy plays with a passion and fire that's missing in a lot of these coddled young NBA players.

I would love to have Ron-Ron on my team.:laugh2:. we need more guys like ron artest in the league

KeithLBC
05-08-2009, 06:12 PM
JordansBulls is one of the most respected, and knowledgeable here. LOL. So he should continue making these. He isn't the most homer, I know alot more users that are homers including myself.

Certainly not respected by Lakers fans.

I appreciate Ron losing control of his emotions, makes it easier to get him out of his game.

Vinny642
05-08-2009, 06:14 PM
LOL why not?

madiaz3
05-08-2009, 06:49 PM
LOL why not?

Just because he posts a lot and is a moderator doesn't mean he is the most respected. His excessive reliance on stats like PER among other things, such as his selective approval of Kobe and Lebron as long as either of them aren't in the talks for rivaling or eclipsing Jordan either now or in the future.

But I'll agree that the original thread isn't as clear cut and neat as the original line of threads.

Vinny642
05-08-2009, 06:52 PM
he doesnt talk **** about cp3 or the hornets so idc he cool

Trouble87
05-08-2009, 07:06 PM

^ 2 day ban worthy

j/k :rolleyes:

goku
05-08-2009, 07:22 PM
Certainly not respected by Lakers fans.

I appreciate Ron losing control of his emotions, makes it easier to get him out of his game.

wasnt yall begging for artest a couple of months ago:eyebrow::confused:

MoBASS
05-08-2009, 07:22 PM
Dude, this is not the JordansBulls thread! Please stay on topic...

RON ARTEST aka TRU Warrior!

LA_cabals
05-08-2009, 07:33 PM
Every team in the league should have a 'Ron Artest' on their roster. He's one of my favorite players.

shonk688
05-08-2009, 08:12 PM
**** Artest he set the Pacers franchise back and I think we could have won the championship that year of the brawl if it were not for that piece of ****.

NYtilIdie
05-08-2009, 08:53 PM
I've always been a fan of Artest, but since he came to the Rockets I've became a even bigger fan of his. You gotta listen to his Jack Nichlson story it had me rolling. Don't blame that fight on Artest he was trying to calm down and somebody just throws a beer at him I would be pissed to they he started it, but Detroit's fan is the one that caused that whole incident. Artest reminds of Charles Oakley tough and won't back down from anybody and won't hesitate to get in your face. He would have loved the early 90's lol.

MoBASS
05-09-2009, 01:49 AM
That was a B.S. flagrant-2 on Ron Ron tonight.

USMCLaker
05-09-2009, 02:15 AM
Artest is the man, still love to have him on the Lakers. Both ejections were horrible calls, those refs should be ashamed to make these terrible calls in the playoffs.

Draco
05-09-2009, 02:17 AM
Next up, a Yao appreciation thread :D

Hawkalicious
05-09-2009, 09:18 AM
This is not the same Ron Artest from a handful of years ago, thats for sure. Big props to him for just explaining his play to the ref last night, and leaving calmly after being ejected for nothing but a good foul.

Plus his sound bites are pure gold. Ron Artest is a fun guy to watch.

NoSense
05-09-2009, 09:46 AM
I have never been a big fan of Artest. I thought he was overhyped and that his trash talk/actions were just some sort of screen smoke for his lack of superstar play. However ever since the beginning of the playoffs, not only am I laughing my butt off everytime he talks, but I really think he's grown into a very good and smart player.
Definitely big props to him, and that LA/HOU series is darn good..

Squad13
05-09-2009, 12:30 PM
Ron plays the right way when he isn't jacking up stupid shots, or forgetting to take his medications. That being said his mouth wrote a check that his *** can't cash.

dolfan720
05-09-2009, 06:00 PM
my favorite player in the NBA!