PDA

View Full Version : Derek Fisher suspended 1 game - Kobe flagrant 1.

HoosierDaddy
05-07-2009, 06:13 PM
Did Fisher deserve to get suspended? Will it play a role in the outcome of game 3?

Vinny642
05-07-2009, 06:15 PM
yes and yes

Draco
05-07-2009, 06:16 PM
Good job by Stu.. now lets see a better job by the Ref's.

lakerboy
05-07-2009, 06:17 PM
Good decisions by the league in my opinion.

We're taking game 3.

Verbal Christ
05-07-2009, 06:19 PM
maybe we can actually move on to our 'expert' analysis' again. funny how something so obvious to some can be as obscure to others. stu jackson was in the stands by the way burning up his blackberry when all this crap was going on. flagrant on kobe? lovely. so what happens to the ejection on ron? will they say it was unwarranted? this series will be kept relatively 'clean' and incident free as long as joey crawford stays the hell away from it.

still1ballin
05-07-2009, 06:23 PM
This may benefit us. Farmar has the speed to keep up with Brooks so you will see him along with brown out their on the court. We were the best road team this season and could win in any arena. Houston will be no different. Lakers with the win.

Jezeble
05-07-2009, 06:24 PM
Fisher deserves the suspension, and so did Kobe. The Rockets will win Game 3, but not because Fisher is out. They will win, because they are playing better. That game last night was one of desperation. The Lakers don't have another one like that in them. Especially not in Houston. Rockets in 6!

ARMIN12NBA
05-07-2009, 06:27 PM

Yup. Imagine how big the Lakers would win if the referees were even half decent. The Rockets get all the calls.

BTownTeamsRKing
05-07-2009, 06:28 PM
Right call.

Fisher was obvious.

with Kobe, I overreacted to it. he actually hit him just below the throat. no suspension for Kobe. that would be stupid.

again, i personally feel suspensions dont belong in the playoffs. ejections are fine, but suspensions decide games. I really dk how LA is going to run their offense without Fish unless Kobe takes over and has a monster game.

Trouble87
05-07-2009, 06:29 PM
Fisher deserves the suspension but the Lakers will win without him...

Hope Farmar gets more time

what54!?
05-07-2009, 06:31 PM
pretty much what I expected to happen

tr4shb0t
05-07-2009, 06:31 PM
I agree with Fisher being suspended, but I don't know if that fact will necessarily cost them game 3. I have a feeling Lakers will lose game 3 just because Houston is coming off a loss and is going to play hard at home. IMO, the Lakers will take 1 game in the next 2.

As far as Kobe, I can't decide because I haven't seen detailed footage. But from what I have seen I think its a good ruling, but Artest was definitely being overly aggressive with his defense on the play so the initial call was good in the game.

Verbal Christ
05-07-2009, 06:32 PM
Yup. Imagine how big the Lakers would win if the referees were even half decent. The Rockets get all the calls.

:cry::cry::cry:

LakerKB24Fan
05-07-2009, 06:36 PM
FIsher definitely deserved to be suspended. But this might actually turn in as a blessing in disguise for L.A. Fisher has really been struggling lately, and he can't keep up with brooks speed. This just means more time for farmar, brown and sasha

HoosierDaddy
05-07-2009, 06:39 PM
I'm surprised that nobody has been so biased to say that he didn't deserve the suspension. I'm impressed

EddieB
05-07-2009, 06:41 PM
I agree with the suspension

jimbobjarree
05-07-2009, 06:46 PM
Lakers will struggle without Fisher, maybe not enough to severely harm their chances but they will feel it

Goon.Weezy
05-07-2009, 06:48 PM
pretty expected

Driven
05-07-2009, 06:50 PM
Good rulings for both. I think the Rockets will take Game 3... not sure how much of a factor Fisher being out will be though. Maybe it'll give the Rockets a mental advantage... who knows. I'd be pumped if I was Aaron Brooks though.

EddieB
05-07-2009, 06:51 PM
Lakers will struggle without Fisher, maybe not enough to severely harm their chances but they will feel it

Actually Fisher struggles against little quick guards, they won't miss Fisher defense, but his leadership on offense in calming the team down

superkegger
05-07-2009, 06:56 PM
It should also be mentioned that Rafer Alston got a 1 game suspension.

NBA made the right call in all 3 cases.

m26555
05-07-2009, 06:57 PM
He deserved it, but the Lakers will win anyway. This might actually be a blessing in disguise for Los Angeles as it won't have to worry about Fisher trying to contain Brooks.

Beno7500
05-07-2009, 07:14 PM
Artest would destroy that guy on the lakers that wears number 24

City of Angels
05-07-2009, 07:14 PM
just curious but what does giving kobe a flangrent 1 do?

borat
05-07-2009, 07:17 PM
I'm surprised that nobody has been so biased to say that he didn't deserve the suspension. I'm impressed

I agree he deserved it. However it's the inconsistency that bothers me.

Rondo should have been suspended then last series and Deron Williams should have been suspended for doing the same thing to Bynum.

Raidaz4Life
just curious but what does giving kobe a flangrent 1 do?

thats what I was wondering

Vidball

Only if he brings a jagged table leg onto the court with him.

durtee
05-07-2009, 07:19 PM
NBA got it right this time. Hopefully they will be consistent from here on out, but something tells me that will never happen.

Vidball
05-07-2009, 07:19 PM

I know...all the Rockets do is shoot jumpers and they still get to the line more than the Lakers. This is ridiculous!!! You are correct Amigo!

zsiddiqui23
05-07-2009, 07:21 PM
agree with both calls. i hope kobe balls up artest to piss him even more off.

Kakaroach
05-07-2009, 07:23 PM
Yeah, he deserved it. It may have been sending a message, but it was still uncalled for. League got it right in both cases.

Testaverde16
05-07-2009, 07:26 PM
this was definitely the right call.... no surprise.

superkegger
05-07-2009, 07:27 PM
To answer the question, what does the flagrant do?

effectively nothing. I think you can collect 5 "flagrant points" Meaning a total of 5 flagrant 1's or a flagrant 2 and 3 flagrant 1's, etc... before it means anything. But thats for the regular seaosn, so I'm not sure.

Kakaroach
05-07-2009, 07:34 PM
^^I agree with ink, it would be nice if you get take off your sig. All it does is anger people. Getting back on topic, I do not think that collecting flagrant fouls does anything in the playoffs.

skottydoesntn0o
05-07-2009, 07:43 PM
idk if this was mentioned or not.

but if fisher got suspeneded for that, which i agree was deserving

why wasnt rondo suspended?
not a laker or celtics fan, just wondering

borat
05-07-2009, 07:55 PM
^^I agree with ink, it would be nice if you get take off your sig. All it does is anger people. Getting back on topic, I do not think that collecting flagrant fouls does anything in the playoffs.

I don't know. Looking at it in that sig you really notice how much Scola euro flops in it.

JDizzle
05-07-2009, 08:00 PM
derek fisher laid the hammer on him. This is basketball right??? he deserved to get suspended. The replay shows him seeing scola coming and him getting ready to knock him on his ***. I hope lakers lose. GO ROCKETS

Missing56&33
05-07-2009, 08:23 PM
Fish is struggling, unlike him to get suspended in the playoffs, hes frustrated but that guy can come alive very quickly, wouldn't sleep on him if im the Rockets

Utahjazzfan18
05-07-2009, 08:37 PM

I'm not a fan of either player but I really doubt Artest could take down Kobe without a good fight. I've seen Kobe's workout and just because he's not a thug doesn't mean he'd go down easy.

Verbal Christ
05-07-2009, 08:57 PM
I'm not a fan of either player but I really doubt Artest could take down Kobe without a good fight. I've seen Kobe's workout and just because he's not a thug doesn't mean he'd go down easy.

if chris childs buckled his knees im sure ron would really hurt the guy. a workout warrior is one thing, but an experienced street fighter is another. good poll question actually. who do you think would win in a fight. i think its a no brainer.

superkegger
05-07-2009, 09:18 PM
if chris childs buckled his knees im sure ron would really hurt the guy. a workout warrior is one thing, but an experienced street fighter is another. good poll question actually. who do you think would win in a fight. i think its a no brainer.

Ron has the experience. He's already beat up fans and his wife.

HoosierDaddy
05-07-2009, 09:25 PM

Are you kidding?! Artest would whip Kobe in a fight. Ron used to be a boxer

PS: Kobe was on trial for rape. That's worse than a domestic dispute

Verbal Christ
05-07-2009, 09:29 PM
Ron has the experience. He's already beat up fans and his wife.

i guess if it was a 'kidnap,rape and sodomize' the front desk attendant debate then kobe would have that all wrapped up using your logic.

AllTheWay
05-07-2009, 09:36 PM
Are you kidding?! Artest would whip Kobe in a fight. Ron used to be a boxer

PS: Kobe was on trial for rape. That's worse than a domestic dispute

True, but he wasn't convicted. That **** had like 3 different men's semen in her vag.......no way he raped her.

BenFrank
05-07-2009, 09:39 PM
Houston will feed off there home crowd.. there a much better home team than away, and that's saying something.. Fisher deserved it.. **** Kobe.. time to move on, Houston take game 3 and 4 :rock:

Verbal Christ
^^ neither was OJ but he was innocent too :rolleyes:

AllTheWay
The Rockets may be better at home, but the Lakers are the league's best Road team.

superkegger
05-07-2009, 09:40 PM
i guess if it was a 'kidnap,rape and sodomize' the front desk attendant debate then kobe would have that all wrapped up using your logic.

No, if it were, :who can find a money grubbing ho to cheat on your wife with who then is going to sue you for a ton of money: Kobe would win hands down.

Verbal Christ
05-07-2009, 09:40 PM
True, but he wasn't convicted. That **** had like 3 different men's semen in her vag.......no way he raped her.

neither was OJ but he was innocent too huh? LOL 3 different swimmers eh, doesnt kobe roll with an entourage? :rolleyes:

AllTheWay
05-07-2009, 09:41 PM
^^ neither was OJ but he was innocent too :rolleyes:

I knew you were going to bring that up, how is that relevant to the Kobe trial at all? There wasn't enough evidence to convict Kobe, and no evidence was 'thrown' away either, making your reference to the OJ trial completely irrelevant and childish.

Verbal Christ
05-07-2009, 09:41 PM
No, if it were, :who can find a money grubbing ho to cheat on your wife with who then is going to sue you for a ton of money: Kobe would win hands down.

calm down, go back and edit the post ... make it somewhat intelligible, you're starting to sound like some of your other 'brothers'.

Verbal Christ
05-07-2009, 09:43 PM
I knew you were going to bring that up, how is that relevant to the Kobe trial at all? There wasn't enough evidence to convict Kobe, and no evidence was 'thrown' away either, making your reference to the OJ trial completely irrelevant and childish.

how is it irrelevant? two high profile sports stars with enough money to beat the charges. nothing new, happens everyday.

AllTheWay
05-07-2009, 09:43 PM
calm down, go back and edit the post ... make it somewhat intelligible, you're starting to sound like some of your other 'brothers'.

Hahahah wow can you seriously not understand it?

Just wow.........

I love how you complain about the way other posters syntax when you can't even use proper punctuation and grammar.

Verbal Christ
05-07-2009, 09:45 PM
Hahahah wow can you seriously not understand it?

Just wow.........

I love how you complain about the way other posters syntax when you can't even use proper punctuation and grammar.

evade the response, im waiting for you to spew something to the effect that kobe should have sued for defamation of character. LMFAO

AllTheWay
05-07-2009, 09:46 PM
how is it irrelevant? two high profile sports stars with enough money to beat the charges. nothing new, happens everyday.

Because there was overwhelming evidence against OJ in his trial, and overwhelming evidence against that woman.......

AllTheWay
05-07-2009, 09:48 PM
evade the response, im waiting for you to spew something to the effect that kobe should have sued for defamation of character. LMFAO

That never crossed my mind until now....Would have been a funny thing to read about, but other than that, I could care less. I'm all about fair trials and justice, regardless of the case.

Verbal Christ
05-07-2009, 09:48 PM
^^ sho' you right ray ray! LOL ignorance really is bliss.

AllTheWay
05-07-2009, 09:56 PM
^^ sho' you right ray ray! LOL ignorance really is bliss.

Apparently it is. You have yet to show any signs of actual 'intelligence'.

Verbal Christ
05-07-2009, 09:57 PM
yep, i need to get to that magical threshold of 8000 posts, one day master, one day.

borat
05-07-2009, 10:01 PM
What are some of you talking about? Kobe and Artest's cases are totally different.

Artest admitted and apologize for what he did because he actually did it. Plus he had to do community service and was fined for his actions. So he was punished. He didn't beat the case. He pleaded down. Not to mention his wife had a restraining order on him.

Kobe only apologized for what he did which was cheat on his wife, nor was their any punishment for anything legally. I'm not going to get into the specifics of the Kobe case, but looking at it without the obvious bias some of you have you'd realize that it was all bs. Plenty of evidence to support that and one of the reasons they really had no case at all. Comparing this to Oj is just stupid.

DRE'-MAC
05-07-2009, 10:12 PM
I think he deserved suspension and I think the Rockets will win but I don't think it will be because hes not playing PG

Missing56&33
05-07-2009, 11:36 PM

:laugh2: