PDA

View Full Version : Artest was not elbowed in the throat

Lakersfan2483
05-07-2009, 05:40 PM
I watched the replay several times on Espn.com, for everyone that thinks Artest was hit in the throat, watch the replay a few times. Artest was elbowing Kobe in the beginning, and Kobe used an elbow to get Artest off of him. He elbowed him in the chest. It's funny that Artest is complaining about Kobe's elbow when he himself had his elbow pushed against Bryant's neck. (Prior to the start of the playoffs, Artest and Kobe had a heated an exchange in Houston in which Ron had his forearm on Bryant's face, and Bryant shoved it away. I say all of that to say that this has been brewing for sometime)

*For all those who are doubting, just simply watch the replay.

yojoe792
05-07-2009, 05:47 PM
He was elbowed in the throat. Artest isn't a guy who explodes for nothing. He COMPLETELY overreacts, but he has his reasons.

Weather it was intentional or an accident is a different story.

Vinny642
05-07-2009, 05:49 PM
No he was elbowed in the throat

GoatMilk
05-07-2009, 05:51 PM
i have stilled screen caps of it. slide by slide
he wasnt hit in the throat

D-Leethal
05-07-2009, 05:52 PM
Nah dude, you are seeing the same replay that 10000000 analysists and ordinary people both have already seen............it was in the throat

Vinny642
05-07-2009, 05:52 PM
Surrrrrre he wasn't and Fisher didn't elbow Scola

MTone8788
05-07-2009, 05:54 PM
Get over it, talk about something else. He got a flagrant 1 for it today regardless of where he hit Artest, and no suspension. End of story.

Lakersfan2483
05-07-2009, 05:55 PM
Watch the replay, he wasn't hit in the throat, most of you all on here hate Kobe, but it's not about that, simply watch the replay.

LAKERMANIA
05-07-2009, 05:55 PM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4149491

reverse angle..

He wasn't elbowed in the throat

mfb_lt1birdman
05-07-2009, 05:56 PM
Get over it, talk about something else. He got a flagrant 1 for it today regardless of where he hit Artest, and no suspension. End of story.

Is that official?

Vinny642
05-07-2009, 05:56 PM
WE DID, u love Kobe thats the thing.

MTone8788
05-07-2009, 05:58 PM
Is that official?

Yes, it's on espn.. i would post the link but its acting up for me right now

Vinny642
05-07-2009, 06:01 PM
What does the Flag 1 do for next game?

GoatMilk
05-07-2009, 06:02 PM
this is from another site. i didnt do the caps, i'm just posting them

http://www.sportzin.com/forums/uploads/gallery/1238608143/gallery_1891_12_1258917.png

Kobe got a flagrant 1 BTW

FOBolous
05-07-2009, 06:03 PM
Watch the replay, he wasn't hit in the throat, most of you all on here hate Kobe, but it's not about that, simply watch the replay.

the country have spoken:

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/poll/index?pCat=46&sCat=437

but of course, everyone that voted against Kobe and LA are either Kobe haters or LA haters...it has nothing to do with YOU not being object due to th fact you're a Kobe fan boy.

tr4shb0t
Yea, well you can't really believe anything Artest says.

lakersrock
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y206/mixedupeddie/feaaf.jpg

The first one is unedited. The second one is. If you call that throat, you have as many problems in the head as Artest.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y206/mixedupeddie/gtrsre.jpg

Verbal Christ
05-07-2009, 06:04 PM
lets move on, regardless should ron have been tossed? no way. he was our leading scorer at the time and had about enough of kobes **** quite honestly. i love his post game comments ... 'doesnt kobe know who i am ... you dont do that to ron artest' ... hilarious .. love it when he goes third person. i feel sorry for kobe come friday, dude is gonna be sore saturday morning, no doubt.

shas
05-07-2009, 06:04 PM
GET OVER IT. why would artest even cry about that, the game was so tuff both ways.

fine it was in the throat, then why did he attack kobe? think first u dumb sack of ****.

goku
05-07-2009, 06:05 PM
now lets reverse it if ron had elbowed kobe all the lakers fans would be writting david stern a letter to david stern and he mostly likely would have been ejected all he did was got in kobe face and got ejected if ron wanted to hit kobe he had alot of time to do it its simply a love hate thing

but good he didnt get suspended makes a game sweeter beating the lakers *** with kobe

fast_break
throat is a pretty sensitive area. if he was really elbowed on the throat, he would be on the floor or gasping for air

Vinny642
Hopefully Rockets win this series.

Gibby23
05-07-2009, 06:07 PM
the country have spoken:

but of course, everyone that voted against Kobe and LA are either Kobe haters or LA haters...it has nothing to do with YOU not being object due to th fact you're a Kobe fan boy.

Too bad they don't get to decide. He is not suspended.

Vinny642
05-07-2009, 06:07 PM
GET OVER IT. why would artest even cry about that, the game was so tuff both ways.

fine it was in the throat, then why did he attack kobe? think first u dumb sack of ****.

as in what, why did he go in his face. He kinda explained it. and Kobe is the one who elbowed him, so he told Kobe yo chill stop with the elbows

D-Leethal
05-07-2009, 06:08 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y206/mixedupeddie/feaaf.jpg

The first one is unedited. The second one is. If you call that throat, you have as many problems in the head as Artest.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y206/mixedupeddie/gtrsre.jpg

dude, that pictures shows that it WAS the throat. First, where you wrote 'impact' on #2 is Ron's hand, not Kobes elbow, and on #1 unedited you can clearly see Kobes elbow behind Rons arm right on his throat.....get your eyes checked

Tick
Hopefully Rockets win this series.

They will. That Fisher loss for game 3 hurts worse than people realize.

FOBolous
What does the Flag 1 do for next game?

nothing. a slap and wrist and a little fine

LAKERMANIA
05-07-2009, 06:10 PM

click on the link and stop ignoring this replay

REVERSE ANGLE

Verbal Christ
05-07-2009, 06:10 PM
They will. That Fisher loss for game 3 hurts worse than people realize.

man it sure does, now AB and Kyle cant fly by him for easy buckets, farmar is gonna ear check AB probably knocking him out with those things.

ARMIN12NBA
05-07-2009, 06:11 PM
I watched the replay several times on Espn.com, for everyone that thinks Artest was hit in the throat, watch the replay a few times. Artest was elbowing Kobe in the beginning, and Kobe used an elbow to get Artest off of him. He elbowed him in the chest. It's funny that Artest is complaining about Kobe's elbow when he himself had his elbow pushed against Bryant's neck. (Prior to the start of the playoffs, Artest and Kobe had a heated an exchange in Houston in which Ron had his forearm on Bryant's face, and Bryant shoved it away. I say all of that to say that this has been brewing for sometime)

*For all those who are doubting, just simply watch the replay.

I'm not sure if you watch Around the Horn, but they had a GREAT angle on the play. Their angle was right in front of Kobe instead of behind him. Mariotti brought up a great point after seeing the angle...Kobe clearly elbows Artest on the chest (right where the name of the team is), which is why he should definitely not be suspended (below head).

Great thread. Heck, I even fell for Artest's propaganda before I saw the fantastic angle on ATH.

Vinny642
05-07-2009, 06:11 PM

What if he gets A flag1 in the next game, auto ejection or na?

D-Leethal
05-07-2009, 06:12 PM

REVERSE ANGLE

That angle to me, looks like he made contact in the throat area and than pushed his elbow down to his chest to push him away

ink
05-07-2009, 06:13 PM

reverse angle..

He wasn't elbowed in the throat

Rose even said he connected with Kobe. I don't care what specific body part he elbowed, but he threw an elbow and it connected. From what I saw he hit Artest in the throat. But if he hit him in the chest or the shoulder or the sternum or the friggin kidneys, he still threw an elbow. :) They were scrapping and IMO Kobe crossed the line.

Will I jump up and down if he does or doesn't get suspended??

No.

Vinny642
05-07-2009, 06:14 PM
Anyone smell dirty player?

lakersrock
05-07-2009, 06:14 PM
now lets reverse it if ron had elbowed kobe all the lakers fans would be writting david stern a letter to david stern and he mostly likely would have been ejected all he did was got in kobe face and got ejected if ron wanted to hit kobe he had alot of time to do it its simply a love hate thing

but good he didnt get suspended makes a game sweeter beating the lakers *** with kobe
He did elbow Kobe....right in the back of the head/neck. Did you not see him laying on Kobe before he got elbowed?

lakersrock
05-07-2009, 06:15 PM
Rose even said he connected with Kobe. I don't care what specific body part he elbowed, but he threw an elbow and it connected. From what I saw he hit Artest in the throat. But if he hit him in the chest or the shoulder or the sternum or the friggin kidneys, he still threw an elbow. :) They were scrapping and IMO Kobe crossed the line.

No.

Being below makes a huge difference. If it's below, they can't suspend him for it....it was and they didn't.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
05-07-2009, 06:15 PM
Kobe's doodoo!!

Ron Ron will give him that Coney Island arswhoopin!

da wood
05-07-2009, 06:16 PM
yeap a whole lot of haters up in here and no he was not elbowed in the neck if anythink it was an offenssive foul on ron i saw two hands in the back and a knee in the *** of kobe.

LAKERMANIA
That angle to me, looks like he made contact in the throat area and than pushed his elbow down to his chest to push him away

LOLL Really?

He hits his chest period.

Verbal Christ
the pattern is starting to get somewhat obvious. first the knee and elbow to shane in game 1. then the taunting starting with the first bucket last night. then the elbow to ron. this is the league's 'golden child'? then laker fan cry's about lebron winning the MVP?? when was the last time 'bron threw an elbow? how bout wade? nuff said. strange to me how fans of their respective teams seem to take on that teams persona. keep it classy LA.

Vinny642
05-07-2009, 06:17 PM
you know what Kobe didnt elbow Artest anywhere and so didn't fisher. It was just a misconception, artest should be gone for the rest of the series.

PHX-SOXFAN
05-07-2009, 06:17 PM

Ok, he was elbowed in a manner deemed flagrant by the NBA.:o Hence ARtest was right, he was given a cheap shot and Stu JAckson agrees.:clap:

LAKERMANIA
05-07-2009, 06:18 PM

No.

What about Artest hanging on Kobe's neck before the elbow? He pushed Kobe down with his forearm then Kobe elbowed his chest. Kobe was wrong for throwing the elbow but look carefully at how Artest hangs on Kobe's neck.. Kobe crossed the line but so did Artest.

lakersrock
LOLL Really?

He hits his chest period.

Yes lm, he's right. In ONE FREAKING CAMERA FRAME Kobe elbowed him in the throat and had his arm moved down to his chest. I for one thought Kobe couldn't top 81 or outscoring Dallas by himself, but he did. He was able to elbow Artest in the throat and move it back down to his chest faster than the speed of light.

LAKERMANIA
Ok, he was elbowed in a manner deemed flagrant by the NBA.:o Hence ARtest was right, he was given a cheap shot and Stu JAckson agrees.:clap:

Stu Jackson agrees or not He gets a flagrant 1, but he plays in game 3, no suspension for Kobe :clap:

Vinny642
the pattern is starting to get somewhat obvious. first the knee and elbow to shane in game 1. then the taunting starting with the first bucket last night. then the elbow to ron. this is the league's 'golden child'? then laker fan cry's about lebron winning the MVP?? when was the last time 'bron threw an elbow? how bout wade? nuff said. strange to me how fans of their respective teams seem to take on that teams persona. keep it classy LA.

or Cp :shrug:
but Kobe is a dirty player but since he is the ****ng golden child the NBA dont care.

astrosmaniac
05-07-2009, 06:20 PM

REVERSE ANGLE

what does what you quote have to do with what you posted? he said that a flagrant foul penalty is basically a fine and has no effect on the next game.

and ive watched that replay angle several times, he got him in the throat

FOBolous
05-07-2009, 06:21 PM

REVERSE ANGLE

hononestly...what i see is an elbow to the throat. But hey...maybe that's because I'm blind due to the fact that I'm not a LA fan

lakersrock
but Kobe is a dirty player but since he is the ****ng golden child the NBA dont care.

Was it CP3 that hit Bowen in the nuts and VladRad in the face or some other NO PG?

D-Leethal
If anyone has been elbowed in the upper chest area, it does not feel much different than being elbowed in the neck, and can still do serious damage. I am not going to nitpick over inches on Artests body with you genious biased Laker fans from a blurry internet video, either way it was a dirty play that could have done serious damage to the intended target

PHX-SOXFAN
05-07-2009, 06:22 PM
Stu Jackson agrees or not He gets a flagrant 1, but he plays in game 3, no suspension for Kobe :clap:

I don't think kobe should have been suspended, but they blew the call and ran artest when artest was right. IT's also another example of kobe flailing his arms like an idiot whenever someone is around him. How many suspensions and flagrants does he need to stop throwing his arms around?:o IT's a pattern of cheap shots over the years.

D-Leethal
hononestly...what i see is an elbow to the throat. But hey...maybe that's because I'm blind due to the fact that I'm not a LA fan

LOL, I see the same as you my friend, and I am a fan of neither

Vinny642

Stern has the same exact illness

FOBolous
05-07-2009, 06:23 PM
Too bad they don't get to decide. He is not suspended.

I know. and i'm not surprised he wasn't suspended

Vinny642
05-07-2009, 06:24 PM
Was it CP3 that hit Bowen in the nuts and VladRad in the face or some other NO PG?

Bruce Bowen kicked Cp......
IDK what you are talking about with Vlad.

lakersrock
05-07-2009, 06:26 PM
Bruce Bowen kicked Cp......
IDK what you are talking about with Vlad.

So did he hit him or not? You're not excusing Kobe's elbow even though Artest had his forearm and weight on Kobe's neck and head.

Maybe because you don't wanna know. :rolleyes:

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/Tom7/2008/03/15/Chris_Paul_is_a_Dirty_Player

still1ballin
05-07-2009, 06:28 PM
I don't think kobe should have been suspended, but they blew the call and ran artest when artest was right. IT's also another example of kobe flailing his arms like an idiot whenever someone is around him. How many suspensions and flagrants does he need to stop throwing his arms around?:o IT's a pattern of cheap shots over the years.

They threw artest out of the game when he made that gesture of like with his hand going across his neck as if he was going to slice his neck. After that they kicked him out, because using that gesture is telling the refs that he is going to give Kobe a hard foul or something and wanted to prevented that.

ARMIN12NBA
05-07-2009, 06:29 PM

REVERSE ANGLE

Wow. Kobe clearly hits him in the chest. Why is this even a question? Ron Artest was just being his old self...

The same guy who proclaims Charles as overrated and Brandon Roy as the best.

Verbal Christ
05-07-2009, 06:29 PM
does anyone else find it funny that laker nation is rallying behind fisher and even using his DELIBERATE,BLATANT AND ILLEGAL play as a signature?? LOL then they cry about rocket fan having no class!! LMAO double standard? NEVER!!! (this in no way is intended as bait/flame material) need to add disclaimers to my posts now as to not offend prior to any offense. GO ROX!!

D-Leethal
05-07-2009, 06:30 PM
They threw artest out of the game when he made that gesture of like with his hand going across his neck as if he was going to slice his neck. After that they kicked him out, because using that gesture is telling the refs that he is going to give Kobe a hard foul or something and wanted to prevented that.

I think he was trying to tell them he was just elbowed in the throat. I hoenstly think the ejection was a knee jerk reaction to seeing crazy Ron run around the court like he was ready to kill someone. I actually thought he was going to start swinging at Kobe, I think Kobe thought the same at first a looked a littttle scared for a second lol

Vinny642
05-07-2009, 06:31 PM
So did he hit him or not? You're not excusing Kobe's elbow even though Artest had his forearm and weight on Kobe's neck and head.

Maybe because you don't wanna know. :rolleyes:

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/Tom7/2008/03/15/Chris_Paul_is_a_Dirty_Player

That blog was probably written by a Lakers fans. Because most of them are the same. You didn't give me no videos of either. So what a worthless post.

theimortalone
does anyone else find it funny that laker nation is rallying behind fisher and even using his DELIBERATE,BLATANT AND ILLEGAL play as a signature?? LOL then they cry about rocket fan having no class!! LMAO double standard? NEVER!!! (this in no way is intended as bait/flame material) need to add disclaimers to my posts now as to not offend prior to any offense. GO ROX!!

Lol totally a double standard with Laker fans! :pity:

ARMIN12NBA

He clearly hits the "Rockets" area. There is no throat contact as Jalen and even Mariotti eluded to in their analysis after seeing the BEST angle of the play...The angle which shows the play from the front.

It's NOT a question. This is now fact. Not opinion. He elbowed the chest. Not throat. Lets move on.

Splurgercloud
05-07-2009, 06:32 PM
Wow, can't believe the anti-Kobe bias on here, on the front view camera angle, you clearly see Artest get elbowed in the chest after he was elbowing the back of Kobe's neck. The Kobe haters are coming out of their caves today.

EddieB
Kobe is the man!

ARMIN12NBA
That blog was probably written by a Lakers fans. Because most of them are the same. You didn't give me no videos of either. So what a worthless post.

Mariotti is the farthest thing from a Laker fan. Jalen Rose is not a Laker fan either. In fact, he somewhat dislikes them because the Lakers beat his team in the Finals...

:eyebrow:

Tick
man it sure does, now AB and Kyle cant fly by him for easy buckets, farmar is gonna ear check AB probably knocking him out with those things.

Dude Fisher is a way better defender than Jordan Farmar. You do realize that right?

Vinny642
05-07-2009, 06:33 PM
Wow, can't believe the anti-Kobe bias on here, on the front view camera angle, you clearly see Artest get elbowed in the chest after he was elbowing the back of Kobe's neck. The Kobe haters are coming out of their caves today.

He didnt elbow kobe, he may have had hit weight on kobe but he didnt elbow him.

D-Leethal
05-07-2009, 06:33 PM
NVM I just saw that on ESPN, but I still think it was a knee jerk reaction to prevent another Artest scenario

still1ballin
05-07-2009, 06:34 PM
I think he was trying to tell them he was just elbowed in the throat. I hoenstly think the ejection was a knee jerk reaction to seeing crazy Ron run around the court like he was ready to kill someone. I actually thought he was going to start swinging at Kobe, I think Kobe thought the same at first a looked a littttle scared for a second lol

I think so too, but he did it make seem as if it was a "slice your neck" gesture and in the heat of the moment refs threw em out. I also think Artest's past had to do with his ejection as well.

Kobe won't back down to know one. If this was on the regular season it would of been much worse, but he is a vet and has been here before and knows better to not cost his team the game or the series. So, the mature thing to do was to back off and not stoop to his level and let it go as he did.

Vinny642
Mariotti is the farthest thing from a Laker fan. Jalen Rose is not a Laker fan either. In fact, he somewhat dislikes them because the Lakers beat his team in the Finals...

i can't comment on the Vlad thing because I dont see no videos. The Bruce Bowen thing was all Bowens fault he was kicking Paul.

ARMIN12NBA

No No No No!!!! Kobe is so dirty. He sucks! He's ****ing Kobe. He rapes people! Kobe's a stupid rapist. He clearly elbows the chest, but he's Kobe so he's actually hitting the throat!

:p Trust me man. I can't believe it too. Video evidence doesn't matter apparently...

wileyisTOFU
05-07-2009, 06:35 PM
it was close, but not intentional like the kobe bryant on battier action game 1

Verbal Christ
05-07-2009, 06:35 PM
Dude Fisher is a way better defender than Jordan Farmar. You do realize that right?

of course, not sure how he didnt make all defensive PG. :crazy:

still1ballin
05-07-2009, 06:36 PM
Rockets fans may hate the Lakers and its fans, but man up and admit that the elbow was not near the neck area. It is what it is. Laker haters and Houston fans are saying otherwise because they are biased, but it is so clearly visible that it was on the chest area. Stop lying and admit the truth.

ink
05-07-2009, 06:37 PM

I know the gesture you mean but I didn't take it that way. He was clearly demonstrating what he felt Kobe had just done to him.

EddieB
Fisher can't guard the little quick guards, Farmar is skinny and quicker than Fisher

Vinny642
No No No No!!!! Kobe is so dirty. He sucks! He's ****ing Kobe. He rapes people! Kobe's a stupid rapist. He clearly elbows the chest, but he's Kobe so he's actually hitting the throat!

:p Trust me man. I can't believe it too. Video evidence doesn't matter apparently...

kobe is dirty..... but no one answered me will the flag1 do anything to kobe in game three if kobe gets a flag1 in that game?

ARMIN12NBA
05-07-2009, 06:38 PM

Kobe is not dirty. In fact, your boy CP had a few tricks up his sleeves that are pretty darn impressive (the forward nudge and fly backwards with the ***** screams--gets the refs every time).

The fact remains that Kobe is the farthest thing from the NBA golden child. He is not even close to being THE golden child. If you want examples, I can go on and on. I will tell you that he was the golden child for a two year period (01-03), but that was it.

ARMIN12NBA
05-07-2009, 06:39 PM
Rockets fans may hate the Lakers and its fans, but man up and admit that the elbow was not near the neck area. It is what it is. Laker haters and Houston fans are saying otherwise because they are biased, but it is so clearly visible that it was on the chest area. Stop lying and admit the truth.

Video evidence doesn't matter. Seriously, it doesn't.

EddieB
05-07-2009, 06:39 PM
I know the gesture you mean but I didn't take it that way. He was clearly demonstrating what he felt Kobe had just done to him.

Artest over reacted, it wasn't an elbow to the throat, Artest was all over Kobe and Kobe elbowed him in the chest, and for him to run after Kobe and get in his face and make throat slashing motion, it was a well deserved ejection

handbanana55
05-07-2009, 06:40 PM
its cute how faker fans try to justify cheap shots

ink
What about Artest hanging on Kobe's neck before the elbow? He pushed Kobe down with his forearm then Kobe elbowed his chest. Kobe was wrong for throwing the elbow but look carefully at how Artest hangs on Kobe's neck.. Kobe crossed the line but so did Artest.

To me it looked like the kind of scrapping you see all the time ... with the exception that Kobe threw a hard elbow at the end. Hey it's brutal in there, but Kobe has a habit of getting that extra shot in. I don't know why people have a hard time saying the obvious: Kobe isn't an angel. I'm not upset about it either way. I'm just saying that the guy does this kind of thing with some consistency.

Vinny642
Kobe is not dirty. In fact, your boy CP had a few tricks up his sleeves that are pretty darn impressive (the forward nudge and fly backwards with the ***** screams--gets the refs every time).

The fact remains that Kobe is the farthest thing from the NBA golden child. He is not even close to being THE golden child. If you want examples, I can go on and on. I will tell you that he was the golden child for a two year period (01-03), but that was it. After Colorado, the NBA has never marketed him the same.

Kobe gets the same BS calls as Cp so does Wade and Lebron every superstar does. Cp doesn't elbow people though.

handbanana55
05-07-2009, 06:41 PM
kobe is dirty..... but no one answered me will the flag1 do anything to kobe in game three if kobe gets a flag1 in that game?

nothin at all

Draco
05-07-2009, 06:42 PM
If it was off topic, it was a direct response to ARMIN12NBA's off topic post which wasn't deleted... weird.

still1ballin
05-07-2009, 06:42 PM

I understand that. But in the heat of the moment, the refs had one thing in their mind knowing Ron's past and his troubles on the court. They did not want to get out of hand and potentially having someone get injured.

Vinny642
05-07-2009, 06:43 PM
nothin at all

then why give him anything. IM still pissed artest was ejected yesterday. Regardless of anything else he was ejected, terrible job by the refs?

ink
LOL, I see the same as you my friend, and I am a fan of neither

That's basically where I stand. I like both teams and hate none of their players. I saw an elbow to the throat. It's very hard, even with the replay, to get a clear idea of what happened.

Draco
Seriously.. Kobe was draped with like 4 or 5 kids in an NBA Cares commercial.. I thought that was hilarious. :)

ink
05-07-2009, 06:44 PM
I understand that. But in the heat of the moment, the refs had one thing in their mind knowing Ron's past and his troubles on the court. They did not want to get out of hand and potentially having someone get injured.

I agree that Artest can be his own worst enemy.

I have to say though, that the guy has cleaned up his image big time and his play has been outstanding.

still1ballin
05-07-2009, 06:44 PM
Video evidence doesn't matter. Seriously, it doesn't.

Psh...I think even Stevie Wonder can make the judgment that the elbow was towards the chest and not the neck.

ink
05-07-2009, 06:45 PM
If it was off topic, it was a direct response to ARMIN12NBA's off topic post which wasn't deleted... weird.

It's not weird. PM me where the post was and I'll delete it too. I couldn't find it.

NYKnickFanatic
Artest was elbowed in the throat.

ARMIN12NBA
Seriously.. Kobe was draped with like 4 or 5 kids in an NBA Cares commercial.. I thought that was hilarious. :)

News Flash: Kobe is a horrible person for helping kids.

still1ballin
I agree that Artest can be his own worst enemy.

I have to say though, that the guy has cleaned up his image big time and his play has been outstanding.

I agree, which brings to me what I heard on ESPN on artest. They said that when things are going good for him and his team, he is calm and on good behavior, but when its not going his way thats where he causes trouble.

ARMIN12NBA

PM me. Bias always gives me a good chuckle.

ink
05-07-2009, 06:46 PM
Psh...I think even Stevie Wonder can make the judgment that the elbow was towards the chest and not the neck.

It's not nearly that cut and dried. My eyes are pretty good and I saw an elbow to the throat. :shrug:

still1ballin
Artest was elbowed in the throat.

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/video?id=4149491

still1ballin
It's not nearly that cut and dried. My eyes are pretty good and I saw an elbow to the throat. :shrug:

ARMIN12NBA
Kobe gets the same BS calls as Cp so does Wade and Lebron every superstar does. Cp doesn't elbow people though.

LOL. Chris Paul elbowed Sasha Vujacic and the Lakers even sent a video tape to the league office complaining about it...

Don't try to fool me or trick me. I follow too much NBA. Don't even try to pull something like that. :eyebrow:

EddieB
05-07-2009, 06:47 PM
I got 20 20 vision, it was an elbow to the chest

Vinny642
I didnt watch any of the vids, so link me the best one? and Ill make my opinion.

ARMIN12NBA
its cute how faker fans try to justify cheap shots

What cheap shot? Derek Fishers? I don't justify that at all. That was a stupid play.

Draco

You wrote that the NBA doesn't Market Kobe because of his umm.. off court behaviors.. But obviously the NBA does.. I just think the uhh.. image of Kobe's off court bahaviors juxtaposed with Kobe draped by 5 kids in an NBA Cares commercial.. is kinda funny.:shrug:

ARMIN12NBA
05-07-2009, 06:48 PM
I didnt watch any of the vids, so link me the best one? and Ill make my opinion.

Wow. You are arguing when you haven't even seen the video? New low...

ARMIN12NBA
05-07-2009, 06:50 PM

Get those eyes checked out muh man. Seriously. I actually went to the eye doctor a few weeks ago. Apparently, my eyes are as good as ever. :D

Vinny642
05-07-2009, 06:50 PM
To me from the link that still1ballin brought up

It looked like the elbow went anywhere from the chin to the chest, not really sure where.

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-07-2009, 06:51 PM

If that is the case, I guess all Rocket fans are soft and mushy. They quit on their family members, make excuses and blame others like one of their star players. Stay soft Houston

ARMIN12NBA
You wrote that the NBA doesn't Market Kobe because of his umm.. off court behaviors.. But obviously the NBA does.. I just think the uhh.. image of Kobe's off court bahaviors juxtaposed with Kobe draped by 5 kids in an NBA Cares commercial.. is kinda funny.:shrug:

When did I say the NBA does not market Kobe?

Find me the post.

still1ballin
http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2009/5/7/867885/ron-artest-kobe-bryant-and-wayward

ARMIN12NBA
05-07-2009, 06:52 PM

It looked like the elbow went anywhere from the chin to the chest, not really sure where.

Now it's the chin?!?! :laugh2: Gotta love it.

Vinny642
Wow. You are arguing when you haven't even seen the video? New low...

I said Kobe elbowed and it was dirty and Artest shouldn't have been suspended. GTFO with that new low.

Driven
the country have spoken:

Most of it is certainly people wanting to see Kobe suspended.

Draco
05-07-2009, 06:53 PM
When did I say the NBA does not market Kobe?

Find me the post.

I would have but ink edited it out of your post.

Verbal Christ
05-07-2009, 06:53 PM

ron artest just payed for some poor kids operation a few weeks ago, what did kobe do, show up to some elementary school? plant some tree's? nothing NBA mandated im sure right. yet ron is persona non grata, and for whatever reason the NBA doesnt like to think that players can clean up their acts. is ron a little nuts at times? hell yes, but he's far from being a bad person.

Vinny642
05-07-2009, 06:54 PM
Now it's the chin?!?! :laugh2: Gotta love it.

I said it could've been from anywhere from the chin to chest. Crackheads these days.

ink
05-07-2009, 06:55 PM

I already saw that and it is NOT conclusive.

1. it's a low angle and those distort the scene
2. it's too wide a shot to see detail
3. it happens too quickly

Also, Rose had plenty of chances to say he didn't hit him in the throat, but he didn't say that. Not once. That wasn't the point Rose was making.

Besides, I already responded to this clip when Lakersmania posted it.

Let's not make such a big deal out of it. Kobe Bryant threw an elbow. And Christmas comes every December 25. It's not surprising and it's not worth worrying about.

I just think they should have asked Artest to get back and sit down before ejecting him. IMO neither athlete has a lily white reputation.

ARMIN12NBA
I said Kobe elbowed

He did...on the chest.

and it was dirty

Elbowing in the chest is dirty? Not really. Not at all. Every player I have every played with is dirty then. Every player in the league is dirty then...because at some point or another, elbows have been thrown...especially when a player is shoving you on your back.

and Artest shouldn't have been suspended.

He wasn't so calm down.

GTFO with that new low.

:smoking:

still1ballin
I said it could've been from anywhere from the chin to chest. Crackheads these days.

It "could of" but in this case, it was no where near the chin

ARMIN12NBA
05-07-2009, 06:56 PM
I would have but ink edited it out of your post.

The fact remains that Kobe is the farthest thing from the NBA golden child. He is not even close to being THE golden child. If you want examples, I can go on and on. I will tell you that he was the golden child for a two year period (01-03), but that was it. After Colorado, the NBA has never marketed him the same.

Here is the post. Where do I say that the NBA does not market Kobe?

ink
05-07-2009, 06:57 PM

That's exactly what I saw too.

That angle is inconclusive.

ARMIN12NBA
05-07-2009, 06:57 PM

How do you even see chin at all?

Crackhead? Have you ever even met a crackhead? :laugh:

ink
05-07-2009, 06:58 PM

Armin and Draco, stay on topic please. This is about the elbow ...

Draco

After Colorado, the NBA has never marketed him the same.

Because we all know that the NBA would have draped 6 kids over Kobe prior to Coloardo instead of the 5.

Draco
Armin and Draco, stay on topic please. This is about the elbow ...

Ok, I'm done.

Vinny642
He did...on the chest.

Elbowing in the chest is dirty? Not really. Not at all. Every player I have every played with is dirty then. Every player in the league is dirty then...because at some point or another, elbows have been thrown...especially when a player is shoving you on your back.

He wasn't so calm down.

:smoking:

the place where he elbowed isn't conclusive of course lakers fans are gonna say the chest and not lakers fans will say the neck.
i meant to say ejected**

Vinny642
05-07-2009, 06:59 PM
How do you even see chin at all?

Crackhead? Have you ever even met a crackhead? :laugh:

Yea THEY ARE WEIRD!!

ARMIN12NBA
05-07-2009, 07:00 PM
I already saw that and it is NOT conclusive.

1. it's a low angle and those distort the scene

At a low angle, it would only make the elbow seem higher. That would mean, if you see throat, then it is clearly lower.

3. it happens too quickly

Except for the screenshots that CLEARLY show chest.

Lets just ignore screenshots and pictures though, right? Since we ONLY have access to video tape.

ARMIN12NBA
05-07-2009, 07:01 PM
Because we all know that the NBA would have draped 6 kids over Kobe prior to Coloardo instead of the 5.

You were insinuating I said they "never" marketed him.

They do. Just not the same. Especially until the last couple years. Before that, it wasn't very good at all for Kobe.

There is a difference between NOT marketing and marketing less. Can you see that?

ARMIN12NBA
05-07-2009, 07:02 PM
the place where he elbowed isn't conclusive of course lakers fans are gonna say the chest and not lakers fans will say the neck.
i meant to say ejected**

Except for Mariotti, Jalen Rose, etc. who clearly saw the angle that showed it was CLEARLY chest.

THIS SHOULD NOT EVEN BE A QUESTION. IT IS A FACT.

Vinny642
Where are the links to the screenshots?

ink
At a low angle, it would only make the elbow seem higher. That would mean, if you see throat, then it is clearly lower.

Except for the screenshots that CLEARLY show chest.

Lets just ignore screenshots and pictures though, right? Since we ONLY have access to video tape.

Your arguments would be stronger without the heavy sarcasm. It sure doesn't convince me. :shrug:

ARMIN12NBA
05-07-2009, 07:03 PM
Your arguments would be stronger without the heavy sarcasm. It sure doesn't convince me. :shrug:

And the continuance ignoring of evidence continues...

ink
05-07-2009, 07:04 PM
Except for Mariotti, Jalen Rose, etc. who clearly saw the angle that showed it was CLEARLY chest.

THIS SHOULD NOT EVEN BE A QUESTION. IT IS A FACT.

Listen to what Rose says again. I think you're hearing what you want to hear. He doesn't say that Kobe did or didn't make contact in the throat.

superkegger
05-07-2009, 07:04 PM
It's done and over with, Flagrant 1 for Kobe, and suspension for Fish. What's left to argue about?

Verbal Christ
05-07-2009, 07:06 PM
"dont mess with DFish" is that the rallying call? and how can PSD actually allow a video of a blatant cheap shot to continue to bait and encite the rocket fan? whats the ruling ink? those images only add fuel to the fire IMO.

ARMIN12NBA
05-07-2009, 07:07 PM
Listen to what Rose says again. I think you're hearing what you want to hear. He doesn't say that Kobe did or didn't make contact in the throat.

1. Rose says Artest was the one hitting Kobe on the head. Artest started the tuffle.

2. Rose says it's not a suspension.

What am I missing here?

ink
And the continuance ignoring of evidence continues...

lol. When the evidence isn't quite clear enough, people see what they want to see. You look through very Laker-influenced glasses and you are positive about what you saw.

Others who are just enjoying the series and watching both teams equally are not sure that the video evidence is so clear. Like Vinny says, the contact was between the chin and chest. His tricep and upper arm makes contact between those areas. His head snaps back on impact.

ARMIN12NBA
"dont mess with DFish" is that the rallying call? and how can PSD actually allow a video of a blatant cheap shot to continue to bait and encite the rocket fan? whats the ruling ink? those images only add fuel to the fire IMO.

No. It just means you don't mess with the BullDog. Nothing more. Nothing less.

ARMIN12NBA
05-07-2009, 07:09 PM
lol. When the evidence isn't quite clear enough, people see what they want to see. You look through very Laker-influenced glasses and you are positive about what you saw.

Others who are just enjoying the series and watching both teams equally are not sure that the video evidence is so clear. Like Vinny says, the contact was between the chin and chest. His tricep and upper arm makes contact between those areas. His head snaps back on impact.

A photograph clearly showing Kobe's elbow on Artest's chest means nothing...

Big Brother? Is that you? Are we now going to delete all the evidence and play revisionist history? Kobe is now a dirty player? Big Brother?!?!?!?!?!?!

fast_break
its borderline upperchest/collarbone-ish area but not throat imo

Verbal Christ
No. It just means you don't mess with the BullDog. Nothing more. Nothing less.

the league ruled that was a legit flagrant 2 with a suspension, does that not mean it was a dirty,cheap shot? and yet its allowed to taunt and bait the rocket fan further? pretty lame.

horry1ur
05-07-2009, 07:10 PM

Wah Wah.
Stop :cry:ing about it
and how is it "enticing" and "baiting" a Rockets fan?
Its just a 5 second clip of Fisher owning Scola.
What about it?

Vinny642
Tha Fisher thing may have been easily two games because he winded back and everythign adn all Alston did is slap House(hilarious) and he gets a game.

superkegger

your constant chatter also adds fuel to the fire IMO, I guess you should get banned.

EddieB
its borderline upperchest/shoulderblade-ish area but not throat imo

lmao funny vid

ARMIN12NBA
05-07-2009, 07:11 PM
the league ruled that was a legit flagrant 2 with a suspension, does that not mean it was a dirty,cheap shot? and yet its allowed to taunt and bait the rocket fan further? pretty lame.

I said it was a stupid play and I don't condone it. What the hell do you want from me?

Vinny642
05-07-2009, 07:12 PM
Wah Wah.
Stop :cry:ing about it
and how is it "enticing" and "baiting" a Rockets fan?
Its just a 5 second clip of Fisher owning Scola.
What about it?

Really is that wat you saw?, I seen a elbow with mailcious intent

fast_break
lmao funny vid

:D

btw, i meant collarbone not shoulderblade. lol

ink
1. Rose says Artest was the one hitting Kobe on the head. Artest started the tuffle.

2. Rose says it's not a suspension.

What am I missing here?

You're missing that this thread is about whether Artest was elbowed in the throat and you're quoting Rose (not the sharpest knife in the drawer to quote btw), who says ZERO about the throat.

Neither player "started" the scuffle. They're jostling for position and Kobe put a little too much force into his elbow. Rose DID mention that. He said that Kobe was definitely wrong to do that.

zsiddiqui23
05-07-2009, 07:14 PM
haha wow, tons of laker haters here. i have no defense against fisher's blatant tackle on scola, it was a bad play (yet funny at the same time). kobe's elbow, however, was not on the neck IMO. artest would be on the floor struggling for breath. i think artest's emotions got the best of him and he went psycho.. im glad they ejected him (god knows what he would've done).

ink
It's done and over with, Flagrant 1 for Kobe, and suspension for Fish. What's left to argue about?

Nothing much. I've been trying to say that it's inconclusive for pages now. So, we get what we get. Neither player is an angel. Artest gets away with nothing, but Kobe gets away with some stuff that he shouldn't. I suppose the argument is that his fans will say that he doesn't cross the line. Neutral fans and Rockets fans will disagree.

borat
Anyone know why Deron Williams wasn't suspended for doing the exact same thing last series? Is it because he did it to a stronger man who didn't fall on his butt?

Talking about the Fish incident btw.

superkegger
05-07-2009, 07:15 PM
Kobe was wrong to do what he did, and he got penalized for it. End of story, move on.

ink
05-07-2009, 07:18 PM
Kobe was wrong to do what he did, and he got penalized for it. End of story, move on.

Fine by me. Often these threads continue just because people piss each other off or get pissed off by someone taunting. It's not quite baiting, but it would be great to see people defend their position without impugning people's motives. People shouldn't have to get crapped on because they disagree.

If Kobe got a flagrant 1 that's fine. It establishes for the record that he did something wrong.

horry1ur
05-07-2009, 07:19 PM
Really is that wat you saw?, I seen a elbow with mailcious intent

Fine you want me to edit my post saying that a 5 second clip of Fisher owning Luis Scola with a elbow showing malicious intent? and the mods are not going to make Super and everybody wearing that sig take it off

horry1ur
05-07-2009, 07:21 PM
Hey ink btw you know how Verbal Christ was complaining about the Dont Mess with Fish sig Super is wearing.well your not going to make him take it of right?

Hawkeye15
05-07-2009, 07:22 PM
wow, does anyone really care about this? The penalties have been handed out. How many here are old enough to remember when real basketball was being played. Bill Laimbeer or Rick Mahorn wouldn't make it 2 minutes into a game without being ejected.

Vinny642
05-07-2009, 07:23 PM
Fine you want me to edit my post saying that a 5 second clip of Fisher owning Luis Scola with a elbow showing malicious intent? and the mods are not going to make Super and everybody wearing that sig take it off

he didnt own nobody, Scola was just there and Fisher did wat he did. I think the mods will do whatever they feel they have too

ARMIN12NBA
05-07-2009, 07:25 PM
Fine by me. Often these threads continue just because people piss each other off or get pissed off by someone taunting. It's not quite baiting, but it would be great to see people defend their position without impugning people's motives. People shouldn't have to get crapped on because they disagree.

If Kobe got a flagrant 1 that's fine. It establishes for the record that he did something wrong.

He did something wrong, but what he did has happened a few other times in this same series. The player just didn't make a big deal about it (Pau) and the media didn't make a huge deal about. He CLEARLY did not hit the throat. Pictures prove it. Video proves it. What else do you want? Don't say it is inconclusive because if you put it on slow motion, it is as conclusive as can get...

superkegger
05-07-2009, 07:25 PM

I agree with your statement, but you and I both know, that when it comes to Kobe, that's never going to happen. Laker fans are more than used to defending him, because of constant hate he recieved, warranted or not. So it's somewhat automatic for us to defend him, because the same reactions is automatic from Kobe haters to accuse him of being the biggest mother ****er ever. Lost in the fray are rational comments here and there that most people don't care to sift through the bull crap to find.

Plus on this site, there are some reknowned Kobe and Laker haters, and several of them have shown their faces yet again, riling up Laker fans even more.

Unfortunately there's no real constructive or productive to discuss Kobe, because each side, the lovers and haters always show up in force to do their thing.

ink
05-07-2009, 07:26 PM
Hey ink btw you know how Verbal Christ was complaining about the Dont Mess with Fish sig Super is wearing.well your not going to make him take it of right?

How do you know he was complaining??

-------------

And btw, I personally hate few things, but I really hate sigs that bait other fans from ANY team. It's a loophole in the rules, but I think the respectable thing to do would be to take the DON'T MESS WITH FISH sigs down. I hated the "Lamar is GARBAGE" fans too, and they wouldn't take those down. Don't let it bother you -- whoever is bothered by the sig in question. Let's just hope that there's a shred of sportsmanship on the forums and people take the sigs down voluntarily. Thanks.

horry1ur
05-07-2009, 07:27 PM
he didnt own nobody, Scola was just there and Fisher did wat he did. I think the mods will do whatever they feel they have too

Ok.
He didnt own nobody but.
He did knock someone bigger and stronger on their ***
and well im sure they will but it would be stupid if they have people take down their sig

ARMIN12NBA
05-07-2009, 07:27 PM
wow, does anyone really care about this? The penalties have been handed out. How many here are old enough to remember when real basketball was being played. Bill Laimbeer or Rick Mahorn wouldn't make it 2 minutes into a game without being ejected.

The Celtics lose the championship in '84 if the game is called the same way today. No McHale for that series...

blackjack_119
05-07-2009, 07:28 PM

Seriously... it is about time this thread is closed.

ink
05-07-2009, 07:29 PM
I agree with your statement, but you and I both know, that when it comes to Kobe, that's never going to happen. Laker fans are more than used to defending him, because of constant hate he recieved, warranted or not. So it's somewhat automatic for us to defend him, because the same reactions is automatic from Kobe haters to accuse him of being the biggest mother ****er ever. Lost in the fray are rational comments here and there that most people don't care to sift through the bull crap to find.

Plus on this site, there are some reknowned Kobe and Laker haters, and several of them have shown their faces yet again, riling up Laker fans even more.

Unfortunately there's no real constructive or productive to discuss Kobe, because each side, the lovers and haters always show up in force to do their thing.

I just consider myself lucky to be able to watch great players in their prime. I don't have to like them to admire their play.

How about you be the first to take down that DON'T MESS WITH FISH sig. You're a very well respected poster here and I think you'd influence a lot of people if you did.

I can never understand how people from two different teams can start to hate each other so much. Holy ****. The basketball is outstanding. Doesn't anybody care about THAT?? :up:

ink
05-07-2009, 07:29 PM
Seriously... it is about time this thread is closed.

Closed.