PDA

View Full Version : Why the Rockets Lost...

superkegger
05-07-2009, 02:40 PM
Source: Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Behind-the-Box-Score-where-the-Lakers-followed-;_ylt=Amuxmc5sauV0_i33o6xBsm_ZrYZ4?urn=nba,161780# remaining-content)

The turning point, to me, came at about the seven minute mark of the third quarter. The Rockets hadn't given Yao Ming(notes) a touch in ages (one shot in the ballgame at that point), and you just knew that if the Rockets didn't get a good look (in the midst of a 7-0 Lakers run), the Lakers could break it wide open. The ball went into Ming, he passed out to get a better re-post, and neither Aaron Brooks(notes) nor Shane Battier wanted to pull the trigger on another entry pass.

In that instance, you can't be afraid to fail. Forcing a lob is not as safe as ignoring Yao to dribble into the paint to take a shot of your own, but the upside is so much higher if you try to toss the rock to the 7-6 guy with skills. And it's been Houston's crippling inability to do that, for years, that has kept them out of the second round. And if they don't find a way to get back to finding Yao, they haven't a chance in hell at the third round. Or even six games in this round.

Time and time again in the second half the Rockets failed to make an entry pass. Sure, they're afraid of turning it over, so they responded by dribbling a ton and ... turning it over. Eight fourth quarter turnovers. 19 all day. 21 percent of the team's possessions ended in a miscue, which fed Los Angeles' transition attack, to say nothing of the scads of matchup issues that followed in the half court when the Rockets had to try to find their man on the fly.

This team has some real heavy, internal analysis to take in. It really has to look itself in the mirror and decide if it wants to be plucky overachievers, or a team worth reckoning with. I don't care if Houston took Game 1 from the Lakers, we know Los Angeles hadn't played for a week, and that's one game in six this season that Houston has won. And they won the game with Ron Artest(notes) hitting a series of bad, lucky, perimeter shots.

------------------------------------

And what else? They won with Yao Ming getting the ball, and Yao Ming shooting the ball. That's the ticket to the next round. And if you don't have the guts to fire an entry pass that isn't anything less than a 100 percent certitude to get to the big man, than you don't deserve to move on. Simple as that. Find your go-to man, or go home.

The Lakers found theirs, on Wednesday. Kobe's "he can't guard me" nonsense annoyed the hell out of us, but the Lakers were putting up points -- big points, 120 per 100 possessions -- against a fantastic defense.

Pau Gasol(notes) slipped and finished his way towards 22 points on just 13 shots, with 14 rebounds and four blocks. Four assists. Just one turnover. Shannon Brown looked great. Jordan Farmar(notes) finally got it together on two baskets near the end. Luke Walton(notes) (five assists, six points in 20 minutes) helped. Build from here.

The soap opera shoves and whining, I've little interest in. Luis Scola(notes) may have flopped a bit, but Derek Fisher knew what he was doing. Get Fisher out of there, after that. Same with Artest, who can dish it but can't take it. Take a seat. Same with Von Wafer(notes). He could have been a fourth quarter difference, but he made the game about him. At the height of competition, your level of selflessness reveals your character, and sadly, we learned quite about Von on Wednesday.

This series has a chance to be a classic. Before then, however, both teams have some work to do.

It wasn't the soap opera or the refs that won the game, it was that the Lakers took Yao out of it, the Rockets turned into their old self that couldn't get past the first round, and turned the ball over.

Draco
05-07-2009, 02:41 PM
Because of uneven officiating in the second half and a handful of Laker cheap shots.

what54!?
05-07-2009, 02:44 PM
aside from all the techs, ejections, and taunting, the rockets didn't give yao the ball enough

JordansBulls
05-07-2009, 02:45 PM
Kobe and Gasol played well and Yao got in foul trouble and couldn't stay on the floor. That is why the Rockets lost.

superkegger
05-07-2009, 02:47 PM
The Rockets went back to playing like the team that got knocked out of the first round year after year, not giving Yao the ball when he was in the game, and then instead turned it over. When Landry got the ball and took it inside, they took the lead, why they didn't continue to go to Yao is beyond me. That is why they lost, because they played bad basketball, and let the lakers dictate the tempo and pace.

mightybosstone
05-07-2009, 02:49 PM
I won't make excuses. Did Houston lose because of the refs or because of cheap shots? No. Those things certainly didn't make it easier on us, but it didn't kill us. Houston lost because they struggled to get good offensive possessions in the second half. Even if they couldn't have gotten the ball into Yao, that doesn't mean there couldn't have been some better ball movement instead of Brooks and Artest dribbling the clock away.

Personally, I don't understand why they didn't go to Landry a little more. He's so athletic and so good at scoring in traffic underneath. And if you have a guy who's been effective the whole game, why not keep going to him?

I think Houston finally got something going with Yao in the 4th quarter, which is something they can build on for game 3, but they should have been looking to get him the ball a hell of a lot more in game 2. I agree that their inability to make a lob pass is a joke. How are these guys not practicing that pass for hours every single day? There really is no excuse why a team can't make a simple lop entry pass when their post player is being fronted... That's basketball 101!

still1ballin
05-07-2009, 02:50 PM
awesome thread

Testaverde16
05-07-2009, 02:52 PM
Because of uneven officiating in the second half and a handful of Laker cheap shots.

did you watch the game?

lots of fouls were called against the lakers that didnt make much sense in the beginning of the 4th. The officiating in general was very strict, and not uneven at all. you either have no idea what you're talking about or are just bias. probably both.

GREATNESS ONE
05-07-2009, 02:54 PM
Cant wait to see Game 3.

GREATNESS ONE
05-07-2009, 02:54 PM
did you watch the game?

lots of fouls were called against the lakers that didnt make much sense in the beginning of the 4th. The officiating in general was very strict, and not uneven at all. you either have no idea what you're talking about or are just bias. probably both.

:clap:

Draco
05-07-2009, 02:58 PM
did you watch the game?

Yeah.. those 3 PFs on Ariza, Vujacic, Bynum and Fisher really evened out the 5 PF on Yao, and 4 PF on Artest and Battier.

TEXASTITAN
05-07-2009, 02:59 PM

The rockets lost their composure and turned the ball over 8 times because they lost any faith they had in the officials when they let the lakers get away with so many things in the 3rd 4th. I guarantee you this if artest had elbowed kobe instead of the other way around he would be suspended without question. And if everyone got the calls kobe got last night houston would've won that game yao got screwed all night it was the most blatant display of league favoritism ive ever seen. Kobe's playing dirty most of the night and yao is trying to establish position in the paint gee i wonder who's more deserving of the fouls. The officiating in that game last night was a joke and anyone who doesn't see that diddn't pay attention.

Vidball
05-07-2009, 03:02 PM
Wow...a couple stand-up guys (like mightybosstone) and a handful of crybabies!

IndyRealist
05-07-2009, 03:17 PM
Give credit where credit is due. Phil Jackson made a great move by starting Odom. The game was faster and more fluid and Yao couldn't keep up, and he got into foul trouble. This was PJ's win, and why he's one of the best coaches in the NBA.

D-Leethal
05-07-2009, 03:22 PM
There is nothing more childish and annoying than using referee excuses as a #1 basis as to why your team lost

tr4shb0t
05-07-2009, 03:32 PM
Awesome. I knew someone would end up making this thread...

Houston played their hearts out but it wasn't enough. It had nothing to do with supposed cheap shots.

SteveNash
05-07-2009, 03:33 PM
I thought it was because the Rockets scored fewer points than the Lakers did.

superkegger
05-07-2009, 03:33 PM
Give credit where credit is due. Phil Jackson made a great move by starting Odom. The game was faster and more fluid and Yao couldn't keep up, and he got into foul trouble. This was PJ's win, and why he's one of the best coaches in the NBA.

Spot on.

Draco
05-07-2009, 03:41 PM
Odom taunted Scola without the ref's calling any T's.. yet another example of how the ref's screwed the Rockets.

madiaz3
05-07-2009, 03:41 PM
I won't make excuses. Did Houston lose because of the refs or because of cheap shots? No. Those things certainly didn't make it easier on us, but it didn't kill us. Houston lost because they struggled to get good offensive possessions in the second half. Even if they couldn't have gotten the ball into Yao, that doesn't mean there couldn't have been some better ball movement instead of Brooks and Artest dribbling the clock away.

Personally, I don't understand why they didn't go to Landry a little more. He's so athletic and so good at scoring in traffic underneath. And if you have a guy who's been effective the whole game, why not keep going to him?

I think Houston finally got something going with Yao in the 4th quarter, which is something they can build on for game 3, but they should have been looking to get him the ball a hell of a lot more in game 2. I agree that their inability to make a lob pass is a joke. How are these guys not practicing that pass for hours every single day? There really is no excuse why a team can't make a simple lop entry pass when their post player is being fronted... That's basketball 101!

Great post. Yao is a player who is justified in demanding the ball more from his team, and I hope he does it.

LAKERMANIA
05-07-2009, 03:50 PM
Yeah.. those 3 PFs on Ariza, Vujacic, Bynum and Fisher really evened out the 5 PF on Yao, and 4 PF on Artest and Battier.

You are seriously starting to sound like SenseiKing

Knickrocketsfan
05-07-2009, 04:00 PM
wow....... wat ever lets just bring it home and concentrate on a game 3 win.... enough with all this talk cant wait till friday

goku
05-07-2009, 04:12 PM
yea the rockets didnt give yao the ball but he was in foul trouble duh so how can you get him the ball if he is on the bench plus he was cold mostly in the 4th

Chronz
05-07-2009, 04:12 PM
I like how he mentions the 120 Mark. Thats the mark of greatness right there, MJ in his prime was a 120 player, LeBron this year has been a 122 player.

what54!?
05-07-2009, 04:13 PM
yea the rockets didnt give yao the ball but he was in foul trouble duh so how can you get him the ball if he is on the bench plus he was cold mostly in the 4th
maybe so but when he was in the rockets shut him out and kept playing too much one on one ball.

Draco
05-07-2009, 04:16 PM
I like how he mentions the 120 Mark. Thats the mark of greatness right there, MJ in his prime was a 120 player, LeBron this year has been a 122 player.

Totally agree.. take the Rocket defenders out of the game because of fouls and you've got yourself some great Laker offense through 4 quarters... apparently they couldn't rely on their hot first quarter shooting without ref intervention.

JabberJaw
05-07-2009, 04:23 PM

:speechless::cry: Are you serious!? If I can recall, the Lakers were in the penalty before the Rockets were in both quarters of the second half. They didn't get a share of the calls at all. You could say that the Lakers lost game 1 because of the shotty officiating. "uneven officiating and Laker cheapshots"...Where did the Lakers benefit from "cheapshots"? Artest lost his cool and went psycho when he was assessed a foul. He did that to himself. Fisher was thrown out for what he did. Don't see how we got an advantage out of either. Scola made it look like he got hit by Shaq or something. hahaha....Artest was just Artest. Anybody else gets hit with an elbow on the rockets and they just get upset and play harder. Battier got his head cracked open and didn't complain once. Sorry to break it to ya, but what happened was done by themselves. Artest tries to body up and push his way around, trying to intimidate players. One problem is....he's not going to intimidate Kobe. Kobe battled just as hard as he did and he didnt like it. While the elbow was worthy of a foul on Kobe, it hit him in the chest. He said throat and tried to sound like some poor victim. Hilarious IMO...He (Artest) pushes and gets away with being just a "physical player" all the time. Play ball. If he elbows Kobe, I guarantee Kobe keeps his calm and just kills him on the court....LIKE HE DID THE LAST TIME THEY PLAYED IN THE REGULAR SEASON. Artest threw an elbow in Kobes throat, and Kobe KILLED him. End of story...

JabberJaw
05-07-2009, 04:29 PM
Odom taunted Scola without the ref's calling any T's.. yet another example of how the ref's screwed the Rockets.

Damn dude...really? All this "were the victim" crap. Guess you didn't notice all the shoulder nudges and sh** talking Scola was doing. Guys talk all game. Kobe got T'd up for taunting. So, what makes you think they wouldn't have t'd up Odom? Because it wasn't one sided. How many more excuses are you going to keep making?
favortism with the officials....fail. The Lakers could be 2-0 if the officiating was even (not even asking for home court calls). There were a HANDFUL of ticky tack calls that were called on the Lakers that were never called on the Rockets. Man up!

TmacBryant
05-07-2009, 04:39 PM
They could have won if wafer stayed in the game, and if artest didn't do the

" i am going to cut your head off" motion. all he needed to do was to just point at the throat.

Draco
05-07-2009, 04:42 PM
:speechless::cry: Are you serious!? If I can recall, the Lakers were in the penalty before the Rockets were in both quarters of the second half. They didn't get a share of the calls at all. You could say that the Lakers lost game 1 because of the shotty officiating. "uneven officiating and Laker cheapshots"...Where did the Lakers benefit from "cheapshots"? Artest lost his cool and went psycho when he was assessed a foul. He did that to himself. Fisher was thrown out for what he did. Don't see how we got an advantage out of either. Scola made it look like he got hit by Shaq or something. hahaha....Artest was just Artest. Anybody else gets hit with an elbow on the rockets and they just get upset and play harder. Battier got his head cracked open and didn't complain once. Sorry to break it to ya, but what happened was done by themselves. Artest tries to body up and push his way around, trying to intimidate players. One problem is....he's not going to intimidate Kobe. Kobe battled just as hard as he did and he didnt like it. While the elbow was worthy of a foul on Kobe, it hit him in the chest. He said throat and tried to sound like some poor victim. Hilarious IMO...He (Artest) pushes and gets away with being just a "physical player" all the time. Play ball. If he elbows Kobe, I guarantee Kobe keeps his calm and just kills him on the court....LIKE HE DID THE LAST TIME THEY PLAYED IN THE REGULAR SEASON. Artest threw an elbow in Kobes throat, and Kobe KILLED him. End of story...

Who's going to get to the line? Yao, Artest, Battier?

Draco
05-07-2009, 04:44 PM
Damn dude...really? All this "were the victim" crap. Guess you didn't notice all the shoulder nudges and sh** talking Scola was doing. Guys talk all game. Kobe got T'd up for taunting. So, what makes you think they wouldn't have t'd up Odom? Because it wasn't one sided. How many more excuses are you going to keep making?
favortism with the officials....fail. The Lakers could be 2-0 if the officiating was even (not even asking for home court calls). There were a HANDFUL of ticky tack calls that were called on the Lakers that were never called on the Rockets. Man up!

Kobe only had 1 PF.. I'm not (and nor should Laker fans be concerned about) how many ticky tack fouls were called on their lower value players.

val_modus
05-07-2009, 04:52 PM
What do yall expect, Joey Crawford was officiating, just doing his thing of showing favoritism and screwing Yao, iv never seen a ref take a game over like that before, the Lakers were who they always will be, a bunch of nobodys who band together and throw cheap shots to try to "intimidate" their opponents, Look for a blowout game 3, i think we will feed Yao the ball, Adleman has had 8 games to adjust to the fronting defense and i think by now he'll figure something out, and Ron Ron, hes going to be relentless, if anyone messes with him he might just go grab a chair, break off a leg and stab them in the heart with it.

TmacBryant
05-07-2009, 04:57 PM
Man dont even start.... your cavs are probably the most favored by the refs. crab dribbles!!!!

val_modus
05-07-2009, 05:02 PM
Im not a Cavs fan.....
Just a LeBron fan, followed him since Sophomore year in highschool

TmacBryant
05-07-2009, 05:05 PM
then do you admit that he gets favored more by refs?

i am not saying other players do not get this....kobe, d wade, paul peirce, and other stars
get this treatment at times, but i think LBJ gets it all the time.

FarOutIos
05-07-2009, 05:11 PM
Fisher should have been ejected.

Kobe should get a game suspension.

Had the officials ejected Fisher, the game would be impacted.

Had the refs (at least) called a flagrant foul on Kobe (as it was) then Ron would not have been ejected... which also would have impacted the game.

The outcome could have been MUCH different if referees called he plays correctly.

D-Leethal
05-07-2009, 05:24 PM
this is a prime example of why the NBA forum is an ultimate FAIL....can't have a conversation without whiney 12 year olds making it a bickering contest

FOBolous
05-07-2009, 05:31 PM
Yea. The Rockets lost and got outplayed. And? You're the favorite..the best team in the NBA...and we're the underdog. You're suppose to win and you did. Great. You want a trophy or something? A cookie maybe? It's pathetic to see LA so happy after beating a team that's obviously not on the same skill level? What? Did Houston scare you that much after Game 1? Is the talented LA intimidated and scared? Is that why the LA played dirty in an attempt to prove they have balls? Is that why a LA fan decided to make this thread? I'm actually flatter that you created a thread like this...it shows how much respect Houston has gained after Game 1. The next two game is game is going to be in Houston and trust me...the crowd is going to be VERY hostile after Game 2. Good luck.

oh and to other Houston fans on the forum....stop complaining about the refs. We lost our composure in the 4th after everything happened...it's not a big deal. We'll get our revenge at home :)

Er1c
05-07-2009, 05:31 PM
Draco quit crying

TragicallyHip
05-07-2009, 05:33 PM
Let's face it, the NBA was protects their superstars. No way Artest should have been tossed.

Testaverde16
05-07-2009, 05:34 PM
i can honestly not see why so many people think this kobe elbow was dirty... he was being pulled by artest from the back and his elbow accidently hit artest in the throat because he had to shhove him off of him. it was the right call and artest losing it was the only issue. fisher made a stupid play and got kicked out and should be suspended. the T on Kobe is maybe the worst call of all, but suddenly everyone is saying that all the Lakers do is throw cheap shots. that is so ridiculous. when did that happen? we have to stop with all these threads, people are just too delusional to have respectable conversations.

lakers4sho
05-07-2009, 05:35 PM
Fisher should have been ejected.

Kobe should get a game suspension.

Had the officials ejected Fisher, the game would be impacted.

Had the refs (at least) called a flagrant foul on Kobe (as it was) then Ron would not have been ejected... which also would have impacted the game.

The outcome could have been MUCH different if referees called he plays correctly.

Fisher did get ejcted :eyebrow:

Get your facts straight. Any why would Kobe get a suspension?

DoubleDragon
05-07-2009, 05:37 PM

:bang:

excuses, excuses, excuses.
Get over the fact that they LOST. The Lakers LOST game 1, the Rockets LOST game 2. Every whiney, excuse laden, complaining, "I'm always right",, the REFS are to blame, Kobe's a big meanie, Artest and Yao are victims excuse you've written about 50 posts on are tiresome.

You made your point the first 10 posts.:bla:

Yanks All Day
05-07-2009, 05:40 PM
The Lakers won because they scored more points than the Rockets did in the 48 minutes they have to play. That's why the Rockets lost.

DoubleDragon
05-07-2009, 05:40 PM
Yea. The Rockets lost and got outplayed. And? You're the favorite..the best team in the NBA...and we're the underdog. You're suppose to win and you did. Great. You want a trophy or something? A cookie maybe? It's pathetic to see LA so happy after beating a team that's obviously not on the same skill level? What? Did Houston scare you that much after Game 1? Is the talented LA intimidated and scared? Is that why the LA played dirty in an attempt to prove they have balls? Is that why a LA fan decided to make this thread? I'm actually flatter that you created a thread like this...it shows how much respect Houston has gained after Game 1. The next two game is game is going to be in Houston and trust me...the crowd is going to be VERY hostile after Game 2. Good luck.

Yes, a NBA Championship trophy. Thanks for asking:o

What a whiney bunch.

Draco
05-07-2009, 05:42 PM

excuses, excuses, excuses.
Get over the fact that they LOST. The Lakers LOST game 1, the Rockets LOST game 2. Every whiney, excuse laden, complaining, "I'm always right",, the REFS are to blame, Kobe's a big meanie, Artest and Yao are victims excuse you've written about 50 posts on are tiresome.

You made your point the first 10 posts.:bla:

Uhh.. you're whining about me supposedly, "whining".. okay. What I find tiresome are posts that don't have to do with the game.

DoubleDragon
05-07-2009, 05:44 PM
Uhh.. you're whining about me supposedly, "whining".. okay. What I find tiresome are posts that don't have to do with the game.

good one!! whew,
did you tell me.
I've learned my lesson.

Draco
05-07-2009, 05:45 PM
good one!! whew,
did you tell me.
I've learned my lesson.

Thanks for your input...

Testaverde16
05-07-2009, 05:45 PM
battier just called the kobe - artest thing "much ado about nothing"

just on PTI....

Testaverde16
05-07-2009, 05:48 PM
battier is also like the best guy in the world, thats what i got from his interview.... just a stand up guy, great team player... always liked him from Duke, but he really just impressed me even more there... got a little man crush going here.

D-Leethal
05-07-2009, 05:49 PM
Thanks for your input...

you are trying to act like you have some very insightful input here. All you are doing is complaining about the referees making one call instead of another. GREAT INPUT MAN :clap:

FOBolous
05-07-2009, 05:49 PM
Yes, a NBA Championship trophy. Thanks for asking:o

What a whiney bunch.

you should see how much, and how many, LA fans whined after they lost game 1. it was pathetic...one guy even can up with a conspiracy theory as to why LA lost.

Draco
05-07-2009, 05:51 PM
you are trying to act like you have some very insightful input here. All you are doing is complaining about the referees making one call instead of another. GREAT INPUT MAN :clap:

I'm talking about the game.. DD is talking about whining. You should know the difference, you're providing another example.

mfb_lt1birdman
05-07-2009, 05:54 PM
The Rockets lossed because the Lakers are the better team, and look out because the Rockets are going to lose 3 more times in this series :guns:

In all seriousness though Yao's foul trouble killed you. When he was on the floor nobody got him the ball. Some of that was some good post entry denial defense on the passer and fronting Yao.

I think the chipiness and all the fouls bodes well, or at least better, for the Rockets. It slows the game down and disrupts LA's flow.

Kobe had an OK game as well :)

Look forward to Game 3. It will be a battle.

D-Leethal
05-07-2009, 05:56 PM
I'm talking about the game.. DD is talking about whining. You should know the difference, you're providing another example.

Just because you're talking about the game does not mean your input is 1) valid, 2) backed with sound reasoning, 3) not a form of whining like a 12 year old girl .......... and your input is none of the above

And while talking about the game, why don't you focus on the actual gameplay instead of coming up with hypothetical referee calls and using that to argue what the 'real outcome' of the game should have been.....

Draco
05-07-2009, 05:57 PM
Just because you're talking about the game does not mean your input is 1) valid, 2) backed with sound reasoning, 3) not a form of whining like a 12 year old girl .......... and your input is none of the above

Thanks for your input....

tr4shb0t
05-07-2009, 05:59 PM

You do realize that this thread would have never been created if you hadn't made a "Why the Lakers Lost..." thread 2 days ago, right? You can't even make a post that isn't badmouthing someone with a different opinion or crying about something. Seriously, you should go back and look at some of the things you say and really ask yourself what you think you accomplish.

D-Leethal
05-07-2009, 06:05 PM
The Rockets lossed because the Lakers are the better team, and look out because the Rockets are going to lose 3 more times in this series :guns:

In all seriousness though Yao's foul trouble killed you. When he was on the floor nobody got him the ball. Some of that was some good post entry denial defense on the passer and fronting Yao.

I think the chipiness and all the fouls bodes well, or at least better, for the Rockets. It slows the game down and disrupts LA's flow.

Kobe had an OK game as well :)

Look forward to Game 3. It will be a battle.

good point.....you can make a thread like this after any NBA game and nitpick in hindsight about 2 or 3 calls and claim they are the reason the game was lost. It is stupid, pointless, and in reality is not the reason the game was won or lost

Draco
05-07-2009, 06:09 PM
good point.....you can make a thread like this after any NBA game and nitpick in hindsight about 2 or 3 calls and claim they are the reason the game was lost. It is stupid, pointless, and in reality is not the reason the game was won or lost

Except that this NBA game had a handful of T's and ejections which it makes it unlike the average NBA game. And if you were actually involved in the Game 2 thread discussions you'd know that complaints about uneven officiating were made during the game and not in hindsight.

Does it really take a genius to know that Yao not playing and Kobe getting away with fouls affects the way the game is played? Does it take a genuis to know that PF's on high value Rocket players are not evenly matched by PF's on low value Laker players?

FOBolous
05-07-2009, 06:10 PM
You do realize that this thread would have never been created if you hadn't made a "Why the Lakers Lost..." thread 2 days ago, right? You can't even make a post that isn't badmouthing someone with a different opinion or crying about something. Seriously, you should go back and look at some of the things you say and really ask yourself what you think you accomplish.

all i did was praised Houston's D which is notable in that game. It's not everyday the best offensive team in the NBA is limted to only 92 points. As a Houston fan, I'm obviously excited about that fact. especially after arrogant LA fans went around the forum saying the game is going to be a blowout and the Lakers are gonig to sweep the Rockets. YOU and the LA fans are the ones that hijacked the thread and turned it into what it was. Put if you look at my OP in that thread, i did not insult LA what-so-ever.

Verbal Christ
05-07-2009, 06:13 PM
why we lost:

too many turnovers
yao non-factor
kobe went off
made it too easy for gasol
'circumstances'

lets move on. so laker fan ... still in 5 games?

D-Leethal
05-07-2009, 06:16 PM
Except that this NBA game had a handful of T's and ejections which it makes it unlike the average NBA game. And if you were actually involved in the Game 2 thread discussions you'd know that complaints about uneven officiating were made during the game and not in hindsight.

Does it really take a genius to know that Yao not playing and Kobe getting away with fouls affects the way the game is played? Does it take a genuis to know that PF's on high value Rocket players are not evenly matched by PF's on low value Laker players?

If you honestly think the calls were made or not made and T's were given or not given in the heat of the moment just to favor one team that is ridiculous.....being a ref in bball is one of the hardest jobs there is, everything is spur of the moment and sometimes there are decisions that should have been different. Its the nature of the game. Just because fans noticed it during the game from their television does not mean squat. Thats how it is, thats how its always been, thats how itll always be ..... get over it and stop crying on the internet about it cause you sound like a little girl

D-Leethal
05-07-2009, 06:18 PM
And I would never take part in a game discussion on the NBA forum for the very reason this thread was created and has had this crap go on in it......'wise man told me dont argue with fools............' you know the rest

Draco
05-07-2009, 06:19 PM
If you honestly think the calls were made or not made and T's were given or not given in the heat of the moment just to favor one team that is ridiculous.....

5 PFs on Yao, 4 PFs on Battier and Artest... 1 PF on Kobe.....

being a ref in bball is one of the hardest jobs there is, everything is spur of the moment and sometimes there are decisions that should have been different. Its the nature of the game. Just because fans noticed it during the game from their television does not mean squat. Thats how it is, thats how its always been, thats how itll always be ..... get over it and stop crying on the internet about it cause you sound like a little girl

Your point was that fans rationalized a loss by making complaints in hindsight.. That was not the case.

Draco
05-07-2009, 06:19 PM
And I would never take part in a game discussion on the NBA forum for the very reason this thread was created and has had this crap go on in it......'wise man told me dont argue with fools............' you know the rest

And yet here you are posting.. imagine that.

tr4shb0t
05-07-2009, 06:21 PM
all i did was praised Houston's D which is notable in that game. It's not everyday the best offensive team in the NBA is limted to only 92 points. As a Houston fan, I'm obviously excited about that fact. especially after arrogant LA fans went around the forum saying the game is going to be a blowout and the Lakers are gonig to sweep the Rockets. YOU and the LA fans are the ones that hijacked the thread and turned it into what it was. Put if you look at my OP in that thread, i did not insult LA what-so-ever.

No one really expected a blow out and that really wasn't ever mentioned. Every season game of Rockets vs Lakers was close. Most people, not just Laker fans, expected the Lakers to win in 5 or 6 though for obvious reasons. This is not arrogant at all, as you say, considering your regular season sweepage.

Anyway, your complaining about people hijacking your thread is funny seeing as how that's exactly what you are doing to this thread.

FOBolous
05-07-2009, 07:37 PM
No one really expected a blow out and that really wasn't ever mentioned. Every season game of Rockets vs Lakers was close. Most people, not just Laker fans, expected the Lakers to win in 5 or 6 though for obvious reasons. This is not arrogant at all, as you say, considering your regular season sweepage.

Anyway, your complaining about people hijacking your thread is funny seeing as how that's exactly what you are doing to this thread.

not really because it's obvious that this thread was in response to the way my thread was precieved by overzealous LA fans. i'm responding to this thread the way the thread was intended.

oh and i just want to reiterate what i said about how some LA fans are pathetic for being so happy bout beating a team who's an obvious underdog. Houston must of really scared LA in Game 1.

superkegger
05-07-2009, 07:44 PM
you should see how much, and how many, LA fans whined after they lost game 1. it was pathetic...one guy even can up with a conspiracy theory as to why LA lost.

And Rockets fans followed suit and did the same thing after game 2.

All I did was praise LA's offense for scoring 111 on a good defensive team. It's not everyday somebody drops 110+ on Houston. As a Lakers fan, I was obviously excited about that fact, espcially after arrogant Houston fans were going around the forum gloating that they beat the Lakers. You and the Rockets fans are the ones who hijaced this thread and turned it into what is is. But if you look at my OP in this thread, I did not insult Houston what-so-ever.

Verbal Christ
05-07-2009, 08:06 PM
^^ nice sig, didnt you call me out for not being classy? interesting double standard there bro.

KW93KB24
05-07-2009, 08:12 PM

dude stop *****en about the refs, did you see game 1? i bet you thought game 1's officiating was the best because you dont like the lakers so you need just stop complaining so much

KW93KB24
05-07-2009, 08:15 PM
people need to ****en shut up the rockets lost because they're playing the 2009 nba champions and thats the lakers, its pretty hard to beat the future 2009 champs

Verbal Christ
05-07-2009, 08:21 PM
^^^ bwaHAHAHA ... then the real objective laker fan wonders where all the hate is coming from.

DoubleDragon
05-07-2009, 08:51 PM

I just figured out who Draco is.

It's YOU! Ron Ron Artest.

O.K. there "last word"

I guess the refs are responsible for 8 unforced turnovers in the 4th by Houston, 11 ill-advised shots, 5 bad passes, 5 Laker lay-ups in 4 minutes, 1 bad-mouthing guard (on your own team!) screaming at your coach, an inadvertent ELBOW SLAM by Yao into your own point guard, 3 MISSED lay-ups by your own team in 3 minutes, missed foul shots, etc. etc.

You LOST Ron-Ron. Accept it and quit using "Draco" as a pseudonym.
It's like lead through the heart. It kills us.

Verbal Christ
05-07-2009, 08:54 PM
^^ difference being that adelman sent wafer to the showers for lacking class and respect, and jackson encourages it. did you see how surprised phil was when they told him fisher was being ejected when everyone in america knew it was coming.

Squad13
05-07-2009, 09:03 PM

Hey smart guy, get a clue, Kobe was guarding Battier who only shoots jump shots, you need to think logically and watch the game, don't look at the stat sheet and assume things. You obviously aren't bright so I'm going to add you to the ignore list and not have to read your flawed logic anymore.

Draco
05-07-2009, 09:05 PM
I just figured out who Draco is.

It's YOU! Ron Ron Artest.

O.K. there "last word"

I guess the refs are responsible for 8 unforced turnovers in the 4th by Houston, 11 ill-advised shots, 5 bad passes, 5 Laker lay-ups in 4 minutes, 1 bad-mouthing guard (on your own team!) screaming at your coach, an inadvertent ELBOW SLAM by Yao into your own point guard, 3 MISSED lay-ups by your own team in 3 minutes, missed foul shots, etc. etc.

You LOST Ron-Ron. Accept it and quit using "Draco" as a pseudonym.
It's like lead through the heart. It kills us.

Yeah I remember Artest driving in the lane twice getting fouled, no call by the ref's.. and the ball getting TO'ed as a result. That's 2 TO's accounted for. The biggest Rocket TO culprit is Landry who played 26 minutes in Game 2 verse 12 in Game 1; 21 points in Game 2 verse 7 in Game 1. I'd say that Landry's TO's verse PPG in Game 2 are a wash. So did the Rockets lose as a result of TO's? No.. Perhaps a contributor but I think the officiating which greatly limited Yao's minutes and Artest/Battier's effectiveness had a bigger impact.

DreamShaker
05-07-2009, 09:05 PM
Rockets had too many mistakes...Kobe went off....he outplayed everyone...

Draco
05-07-2009, 09:07 PM
Rockets had too many mistakes...Kobe went off....he outplayed everyone...

In the first quarter.

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-07-2009, 09:09 PM
In the first quarter.

He went 16 of 27 in the first quarter?

Squad13
05-07-2009, 09:10 PM

Hey smart guy, get a clue, Kobe was guarding Battier who only shoots jump shots, you need to think logically and watch the game, don't look at the stat sheet and assume things. You obviously aren't bright so I'm going to add you to the ignore list and not have to read your flawed logic anymore.
bump

tr4shb0t
05-07-2009, 09:12 PM
I can't believe people complain about Yao getting in foul trouble. His job is to play rough and he gets arguably as many calls in his favor as Kobe. He is the Houston super-star and an entire country of China worships him. Of course he is protected. The refs had nothing to do with Houston losing last night..that's just silly.

They aren't going to win with 20 turnovers and Kobe shooting like he did. Move on to game 3. I mean you can't expect Houston to sweep the #1 seed in the west on their own homecourt. Rockets steal one, and yet still there are Houston fans outraged.

Draco
05-07-2009, 09:13 PM
He went 16 of 27 in the first quarter?

Hard to tell whether Kobe would have outplayed everyone in quarters 2, 3, 4 with the ref's calling an uneven game. I'm not sure whether the Rockets would have won had the ref's called 1 foul on Yao and 5 fouls on Kobe but it would have been interesting. If Kobe's not on the floor, he's not scoring points.. and he definately deserved more fouls than he got. Would PJ have taken Kobe out? Who knows...

Draco
05-07-2009, 09:14 PM
I can't believe people complain about Yao getting in foul trouble. His job is to play rough and he gets arguably as many calls in his favor as Kobe. He is the Houston super-star and an entire country of China worships him. Of course he is protected. The refs had nothing to do with Houston losing last night..that's just silly.

They aren't going to win with 20 turnovers and Kobe shooting like he did. Move on to game 3. I mean you can't expect Houston to sweep the #1 seed in the west on their own homecourt. Rockets steal one, and yet still there are Houston fans outraged.

He got called on touch fouls.

superkegger
05-07-2009, 09:16 PM
Seriously, why do you guys keep responding to Draco?

Draco
05-07-2009, 09:17 PM

Maybe because my sig doesn't signify an obvious bias like some other posters in this thread? :shrug:

Or because people would rather respond to posts like this? :shrug:
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9399256&postcount=41

beans439
05-07-2009, 09:21 PM

uneven officiating? really? im not going to look it up but weren't you guys in the bonus real early to start the 3rd?

superkegger
05-07-2009, 09:22 PM
Maybe because my sig doesn't signify an obvious bias like some other posters in this thread? :shrug:

Yeah, you've got no bias. :rolleyes: You've only been hating on Kobe since the foul happened and whining and complaining about the officiating.

There is no reason for any Laker fan to respond to you, because there's nothing that you have to say that has any value concerning this issue. I may be biased towards the Laker, but you are the exact polar opposite, completely biased against the Lakers, and there is not point for Lakers fans to waste their time trying to prove any point to you, because no matter what, you're never going to cede an inch on what you say.

tr4shb0t
05-07-2009, 09:24 PM

I thought he was trying to be funny in his posts. That's how biased they are.

FOBolous
05-07-2009, 09:28 PM
And Rockets fans followed suit and did the same thing after game 2.

what...you mean those TWO guys? wow :rolleyes: I'm sure those two guys respresents the whole Houton fan base and I'm sure it's comparable to the countless LA fans who cried foul after game 1 :laugh2: You LA fans crack me up

All I did was praise LA's offense for scoring 111 on a good defensive team. It's not everyday somebody drops 110+ on Houston. As a Lakers fan, I was obviously excited about that fact, espcially after arrogant Houston fans were going around the forum gloating that they beat the Lakers. You and the Rockets fans are the ones who hijaced this thread and turned it into what is is. But if you look at my OP in this thread, I did not insult Houston what-so-ever.

oh please...what a load of BS. You know you're responging to the way you percieved my thread. Don't try to spin it any other way. Who are you trying to fool?

Draco
05-07-2009, 09:30 PM
Yeah, you've got no bias. :rolleyes: You've only been hating on Kobe since the foul happened and whining and complaining about the officiating.

There is no reason for any Laker fan to respond to you, because there's nothing that you have to say that has any value concerning this issue. I may be biased towards the Laker, but you are the exact polar opposite, completely biased against the Lakers, and there is not point for Lakers fans to waste their time trying to prove any point to you, because no matter what, you're never going to cede an inch on what you say.

Then by all means don't respond to my posts.. I'm not sure why you're complaining that other people are responding to my posts. FWIW, most of them aren't even quality responses that address points made.. most of them are insults that I'd expect from fans such as yourself.

superkegger
05-07-2009, 09:34 PM
what...you mean those TWO guys? wow :rolleyes: I'm sure those two guys respresents the whole Houton fan base and I'm sure it's comparable to the countless LA fans who cried foul after game 1 :laugh2:

There were more than 2 guys, I can assure you that.

oh please...what a load of BS. You know you're responging to the way you percieved my thread. Don't try to spin it any other way. Who are you trying to fool?

How do you know what my intentions were? I wanted to talk about the actual game, not two isolated incidents, which was all that was being talked about. Unfortunately, some people couldn't keep that talk to where it was already going on.

You can spin why you created your thread anyway you want, but we both know exactly how Laker fans would perceive it and why you created it. To gloat and throw the wins back in Laker fans faces. And that's how it turned out. If you can create your thread under that guise, why can't I?

Draco
05-07-2009, 09:35 PM
bump

And there were never any plays involving contact between Kobe and Artest....

Draco
05-07-2009, 09:38 PM
How do you know what my intentions were?

Hey guys, look at my sig....

FOBolous
05-07-2009, 09:39 PM
There were more than 2 guys, I can assure you that.

How do you know what my intentions were? I wanted to talk about the actual game, not two isolated incidents, which was all that was being talked about. Unfortunately, some people couldn't keep that talk to where it was already going on.

You can spin why you created your thread anyway you want, but we both know exactly how Laker fans would perceive it and why you created it. To gloat and throw the wins back in Laker fans faces. And that's how it turned
out. If you can create your thread under that guise, why can't I?

your true colors show :)

and no...I did not create it to throw it in LA fan's face...I honestly created because I was excited about our defense. I did the same thing when Houston shut down Lebron and blew out Cleveland.

tr4shb0t
05-07-2009, 09:44 PM
what...you mean those TWO guys? wow :rolleyes: I'm sure those two guys respresents the whole Houton fan base and I'm sure it's comparable to the countless LA fans who cried foul after game 1 :laugh2: You LA fans crack me up

What's pathetic is you're hating on fans... We are all mostly just the same person but live in different cities or are rooting for different teams for whatever reason. Generalizing people like that just makes you look ignorant. No need to stoop there.

No one is accountable for anyone's actions but their own and both team's fans are going to complain yes, but what do you expect? I or no one else can control that.

Verbal Christ
05-07-2009, 09:47 PM
Hey guys, look at my sig....

LOL, that dude is funny. not even 3 days ago he questions my 'class'

FOBolous
05-07-2009, 09:48 PM
What's pathetic is you're hating on fans... We are all mostly just the same person but live in different cities or are rooting for different teams for whatever reason. Generalizing people like that just makes you look ignorant. No need to stoop there.

No one is accountable for anyone's actions but their own and both team's fans are going to complain yes, but what do you expect? I or no one else can control that.

not only are you classless, you lack reading comprehension ability. I never insulted the whole fan base. Notice i saw "some LA fans" with the word "some" in front of "LA fans." By "some," I'm directing my comments at whichever LA fan that's guilty of what I described. I hope you don't have trouble reading everything i just wrote :) I did my best to make it simple for you.

superkegger
05-07-2009, 09:49 PM
your true colors show :)

and no...I did not create it to throw it in LA fan's face...I honestly created because I was excited about our defense. I did the same thing when Houston shut down Lebron and blew out Cleveland.

Yeah, my true colors, creating a thread to talk about the Lakers offense dominating the Rockets D. My thread was no different than yours, created under the same guises and reasons. You can talk all day about how it wasn't, but you had the most supreme satisfaction in posting that thread knowing what some Laker fans had said before the series and know exactly how Laker fans would react. Who were YOU trying to fool?

Verbal Christ
05-07-2009, 09:50 PM
no more sig?

superkegger
05-07-2009, 09:54 PM
no more sig?

Some people are whiners and did what whiners do, whined about it, and I was told to take it down.

FOBolous
05-07-2009, 09:54 PM
Yeah, my true colors, creating a thread to talk about the Lakers offense dominating the Rockets D. My thread was no different than yours, created under the same guises and reasons. You can talk all day about how it wasn't, but you had the most supreme satisfaction in posting that thread knowing what some Laker fans had said before the series and know exactly how Laker fans would react. Who were YOU trying to fool?

lol...again, I did the samething when Houston shut down Lebron and blew out Cleveland. I suppose i did it in response to the stuff Cleveland fans said before the game? :rolleyes: one problem, no Cleveland fan talked trash. So yea...believe what you want to beleive and disregard all the facts that's been laid out in front of you...SOME of of you LA fans are very good at doing that.

superkegger
05-07-2009, 09:59 PM
lol...again, I did the samething when Houston shut down Lebron and blew out Cleveland. I suppose i did it in response to the stuff Cleveland fans said before the game? :rolleyes: one problem, no Cleveland fan talked trash. So yea...believe what you want to beleive and disregard all the facts that's been laid out in front of you...SOME of of you LA fans are very good at doing that.

So then why is this thread I satred any different? Why can I just not want to talk about the great offensive effort LA put up, instead of two incidents during the game that get all the attention?

aghalroy
05-07-2009, 10:01 PM
All you have is Kobe and without Shaq he will not win a championship...HOW DOES MY ***** TASTE...all that noise he was talking, that's not the mark of a great player...that's the mark of it's all about me...I hope he keeps playing like that, because his supporting cast willl be overwhelmed by the Rockets defense! He showed what a classless individual he is, why not act like you've been there before, oh I forgot it's been so long he probably forgot how it feels. You'd better hope that the Rockets don't decide to double team him or you will not have anyone to score for you. It's amazing what 1 game does for you LA fans, all of a sudden your are the dominating dynasty again, but deep down there is much doubt in your heart and mind, we Rocket finds felt that in the 2nd period where your loyalty became so quiet we could here the snack vendors over the TV broadcast...ICE COLD BEER, POPCORN, LEMONADE! Don't worry we'll put some more doubt in your head tomorrow night, but we already know what the excuse will be, "uh-uh we didn't have Derek Fisher". "Never under estimate the heart of a champion" - Rudy Tomjanovich

tr4shb0t
05-07-2009, 10:01 PM
not only are you classless, you lack reading comprehension ability. I never insulted the whole fan base. Notice i saw "some LA fans" with the word "some" in front of "LA fans." By "some," I'm directing my comments at whichever LA fan that's guilty of what I described. I hope you don't have trouble reading everything i just wrote :) I did my best to make it simple for you.

There you go again throwing the word "class" around like you know what it means.

Now, if you think I can't comprehend what you wrote you may want to go back and read your own post. Look at what I quoted from you. Notice you didn't use the word "some" at all. You said "You LA fans crack me up." That sounds like a generalization to me, and you can make all the excuses you want but you just embarrassed yourself.

Verbal Christ
05-07-2009, 10:02 PM
Some people are whiners and did what whiners do, whined about it, and I was told to take it down.

:moon:

superkegger
05-07-2009, 10:03 PM
:moon:

Yeah, good for you. :up:

IndiansFan337
05-07-2009, 10:03 PM
They lost because the LAL played better than them last night. Kobe was on fire. They really contained Kobe in Game 1 & that is one of the main reasons that they were able to come out on top in that game.

Draco
05-07-2009, 10:04 PM

FWIW, I had nothing to do with it.. I'd rather you keep your sig up.

FOBolous
05-07-2009, 10:05 PM
So then why is this thread I satred any different? Why can I just not want to talk about the great offensive effort LA put up, instead of two incidents during the game that get all the attention?

dude...you admit it yourself you started this thread for the purpose of rubbing it in Houston's face.

FOBolous
05-07-2009, 10:07 PM
FWIW, I had nothing to do with it.. I'd rather you keep your sig up.

me too. cause he's basicallly insulting himself when he had his sig up. too bad.

Draco
05-07-2009, 10:08 PM
me too. cause he's basicallly insulting himself when he had his sig up. too bad.

Picture are worth a thousand words.. and that one screamed hypocrisy.

superkegger
05-07-2009, 10:11 PM
dude...you admit it yourself you started this thread for the purpose of rubbing it in Houston's face.

Which, whether you'll admit it or not, is what your thread was designed to do.

Unless you're really going to claim, that in no way at all, did you get any satisfaction of making a whole new thread about Game 1, that had a game thread, and a series thread, was really necessary...

You created a new thread to brag about the Rockets D, whether you came straight out and said it, which everything else said, it was clearly intentioned to irk Lakers fans.

FOBolous
05-07-2009, 10:12 PM
There you go again throwing the word "class" around like you know what it means.

Now, if you think I can't comprehend what you wrote you may want to go back and read your own post. Look at what I quoted from you. Notice you didn't use the word "some" at all. You said "You LA fans crack me up." That sounds like a generalization to me, and you can make all the excuses you want but you just embarrassed yourself.

oh i guess I forgot to put the word "some" in that post. I'm sorry :( will you ever forgive me?

FOBolous
05-07-2009, 10:13 PM
Which, whether you'll admit it or not, is what your thread was designed to do.

Unless you're really going to claim, that in no way at all, did you get any satisfaction of making a whole new thread about Game 1, that had a game thread, and a series thread, was really necessary...

You created a new thread to brag about the Rockets D, whether you came straight out and said it, which everything else said, it was clearly intentioned to irk Lakers fans.

superkegger
05-07-2009, 10:13 PM

Not really. In no way was what Fisher did insulting to basketball, the Lakers or the Lakers fan base. I've explained it at length before, and I'm not going to go over it again.

Draco
05-07-2009, 10:14 PM
Not really. In no way was what Fisher did insulting to basketball, the Lakers or the Lakers fan base. I've explained it at length before, and I'm not going to go over it again.

That's fine because you wouldn't have been convincing the second, third or fourth time around.

FOBolous
05-07-2009, 10:14 PM

yea well no matter what you say..the majority of the people will see it as an insult to basketball, the Lakers, and the LA fan base.

superkegger
05-07-2009, 10:17 PM

I don't care what you did when you beat the cavs.

You knew exactly what the reaction to your thread would be. your facts are, i did it after we beat cleveland. So you took a shot at cleveland too, good for you. This time, you just happened to make it and the fan base of the team you made it against has more than 10 fans on this site. Be proud of your team go right ahead, but don't try and pull some BS that you had no intention of showing Laker fans their team wasn't invincible and to show up those posters who were talking mad ****.

If you really were trying to just discuss the game, these posts:

funny...that's what Houston fans were trying to tell LA fans before the series started when LA fans (especially you) were telling us about how your team is going to completely obliterate our team...about how LA is going to blow Houston out...and about how LA is going to win the series in 4 easily. so what do you have to say about that?

just when I thought you couldn't go any lower...you did by resorting to personal attacks :pity: shows how much class you have.

and can you blame me as a fan for being excited about how well my team play against the league's best team and how well our defense were. can you wrong me for that? Is it wrong of me to be upset when people like you are out there trying to discredit the our team even when it was obvious to everyone but homer laker fans like you that Laker got outplayed.

IF the Lakers made their 3s..IF the Lakers show well from the FT line..IF this..IF that...IF houston took advantage of LA's poor play in the first half...IF only Tmac was healthy and played unselfishly...every game have a whole bunch of IFs for both teams...winners or losers. stop being such a sore loser.

lol...he just went through a traumatizing experience is currently in the "denial" stage of his recovery process :p

they don't make a whole lot of sense, if you're just excited about the D, and not trying to throw it in LA fans face. I'm not disregarding facts, I'm looking at them, and they tell me you posted the thread to throw it in LA fans face and gloat.

FOBolous
05-07-2009, 10:20 PM

You knew exactly what the reaction to your thread would be. your facts are, i did it after we beat cleveland. So you took a shot at cleveland too, good for you. This time, you just happened to make it and the fan base of the team you made it against has more than 10 fans on this site. Be proud of your team go right ahead, but don't try and pull some BS that you had no intention of showing Laker fans their team wasn't invincible and to show up those posters who were talking mad ****.

FOBolous
05-07-2009, 10:22 PM

If you really were trying to just discuss the game, these posts:

they don't make a whole lot of sense, if you're just excited about the D, and not trying to throw it in LA fans face.

i was responding to the LA fans who hijacked my thread. It has nothing to do with the orginal purpose of my thread :)

LakersOrNothing
05-07-2009, 10:29 PM
Holy ****, I just read all 8 pages of this thread and the only thing I can say is... Draco is probably the most annoying poster ever. LOL. That's it.. I have no comment on the game. I'll just keep my mouth shut until the series is over.

See you guys soon!

superkegger
05-07-2009, 10:38 PM
i was responding to the LA fans who hijacked my thread. It has nothing to do with the orginal purpose of my thread :)

And you had no idea it would turn out that way? really? :rolleyes:

I would have thought one of the few rockets posters that understood how things worked on PSD would have understood that.

So let me see if I have this totally and completely straight.

You created a thread, with one sole purpose, to boast about the Rockets defense. And in no way, did you think how it might be perceived by others, or in no way thought about how with some Laker fans talking mad **** before the series would take it as an attack on the Lakers team, and throwing the loss in our face.

I find that hard to believe considering the night before you posted your thread you said:

:laugh:

yea i remember that. I was going back through the threads trying to find all the posts so i can rub in the Lakers' fans face but I couldn't find them :(

Then got a post deleted for baiting for calling a whiny baby.

Yes, I'm sure you in no way were rubbing it in.

FOBolous
05-07-2009, 10:44 PM
And you had no idea it would turn out that way? really? :rolleyes:

I would have thought one of the few rockets posters that understood how things worked on PSD would have understood that.

So let me see if I have this totally and completely straight.

You created a thread, with one sole purpose, to boast about the Rockets defense. And in no way, did you think how it might be perceived by others, or in no way thought about how with some Laker fans talking mad **** before the series would take it as an attack on the Lakers team, and throwing the loss in our face.

I find that hard to believe considering the night before you posted your thread you said:

Then got a post deleted for baiting for calling a whiny baby.

Yes, I'm sure you in no way were rubbing it in.

dude..how many times do i have to copy and paste this before you get the picture?

li was responding to the LA fans who hijacked my thread. It has nothing to do with the orginal purpose of my thread. Things got out of hand, I admit, but hey...if those overzealous LA fans never hijacked my thread, I would've never posted what i posted :)

lol...again, I did the samething when Houston shut down Lebron and blew out Cleveland. I suppose i did it in response to the stuff Cleveland fans said before the game? one problem, no Cleveland fan talked trash. So yea...believe what you want to beleive and disregard all the facts that's been laid out in front of you...SOME of of you LA fans are very good at doing that.

superkegger
05-07-2009, 10:47 PM
dude..how many times do i have to copy and paste this before you get the picture?

li was responding to the LA fans who hijacked my thread. It has nothing to do with the orginal purpose of my thread

lol...again, I did the samething when Houston shut down Lebron and blew out Cleveland. I suppose i did it in response to the stuff Cleveland fans said before the game? one problem, no Cleveland fan talked trash. So yea...believe what you want to beleive and disregard all the facts that's been laid out in front of you...SOME of of you LA fans are very good at doing that.

You can copy and paste it all night long, but it doesn't make you right. You clearly stated,

I was going back through the threads trying to find all the posts so i can rub in the Lakers' fans face

and now you're claiming that rubbing it in lakers fans faces had absolutely no motivation in your thread. You're the one disregarding facts.

FOBolous
05-07-2009, 10:48 PM
You can copy and paste it all night long, but it doesn't make you right. You clearly stated,

and now you're claiming that rubbing it in lakers fans faces had absolutely no motivation in your thread. You're the one disregarding facts.

li was responding to the LA fans who hijacked my thread. It has nothing to do with the orginal purpose of my thread. Things got out of hand, I admit, but hey...if those overzealous LA fans never hijacked my thread, I would've never posted what i posted :)

superkegger
05-07-2009, 10:50 PM

that quote wasn't from your thread, it was from the night before you posted your thread. It was not in response to Laker fans hijacking your thread, it was from the game thread.

Which I already stated when I said

I find that hard to believe considering the night before you posted your thread you said

FOBolous
05-07-2009, 10:55 PM
that quote wasn't from your thread, it was from the night before you posted your thread. It was not in response to Laker fans hijacking your thread, it was from the game thread.

Which I already stated when I said

if it's from another thread...what does it have to with that thread? :confused: but yea..i think you got it from the game thread and i admit i was gloating at LA fans in that thread. I enjoyed it too :)

superkegger
05-07-2009, 11:01 PM
if it's from another thread...what does it have to with that thread? :confused: but yea..i think you got it from the game thread and i admit i was gloating at LA fans in that thread. I enjoyed it too :)

It has everything to do with your thread. It shows what you felt, and what you thought of the win. And for that reason, I have a very hard time believing that the only reason you posted your thread is because you just wanted to talk about the rockets D, and it had nothing to do with throwing it in Lakers fans faces, when clearly, you were quite happy to do so the night before.

FOBolous
05-07-2009, 11:04 PM
It has everything to do with your thread. It shows what you felt, and what you thought of the win. And for that reason, I have a very hard time believing that the only reason you posted your thread is because you just wanted to talk about the rockets D, and it had nothing to do with throwing it in Lakers fans faces, when clearly, you were quite happy to do so the night before.

god I'm tired of copying and pasting the same thing over and over again...this is the last time. If you still don't get it after this than..i don't know. i don't care anymore.

But i just want to note that I've succesfull hijacked you thread and switch the focus of the thread away from gloatin at Houston fans to a pointless debate about my intentions :) so yup...i accomplish my goal :D

superkegger
05-07-2009, 11:11 PM
god I'm tired of copying and pasting the same thing over and over again...this is the last time. If you still don't get it after this than..i don't know. i don't care anymore.

But i just want to note that I've succesfull hijacked you thread and switch the focus of the thread away from gloatin at Houston fans to a pointless debate about my intentions :) so yup...i accomplish my goal :D

The fact that you can't and won't refute what I said, about your intentions, and just keep saying the same thing over and over, is evidence enough for me that you can't actually refute what I'm saying, because I am right.

You said the night before
I was going back through the threads trying to find all the posts so i can rub in the Lakers' fans face but I couldn't find them

And then posted a thread about why the Rockets won. It shows pretty clear intentions of your thread.

The Bill O'Reily tactic of just saying something over and over doesn't make what you're saying correct or right.

You knew what the reaction to your thread would be, and that is why you posted it. You claim to be above reproach in that manner, when so many of your other posts show that is not the case. You by no means take the high road like you like to claim.

KB24PG16
05-07-2009, 11:24 PM
i went to the game yao just looked frustrated the whole game

LAKERMANIA
05-08-2009, 12:06 AM

The way you posted in this thread actually showed that you can be just as bad as some Laker homers on these threads, maybe even worse..

Im glad to see that some Rocket homers are starting to develop the same Reputation as Laker fans made for themselves in the past. We're accomplishing our goal too..

It sucks to see that, because there are knowledgeable Rocket fans on this forum, you just give them all a bad name.. So thanks, keep it going

Chronz
05-08-2009, 12:23 AM
Is this what it looks like when I do this? YUCK Im not reading any of that. Forget about the fans focus on the game itself.

Draco
05-08-2009, 12:25 AM
Is this what it looks like when I do this? YUCK Im not reading any of that. Forget about the fans focus on the game itself.

Good suggestion.. except you get too many people like the one below in almost any Rocket/Laker related thread.

Holy ****, I just read all 8 pages of this thread and the only thing I can say is... Draco is probably the most annoying poster ever. LOL. That's it.. I have no comment on the game. I'll just keep my mouth shut until the series is over.

See you guys soon!

Draco
05-08-2009, 12:28 AM
i went to the game yao just looked frustrated the whole game

Of course.. Yao's the best player on his team and he only played 26 minutes while the Lakers best player saw 40 minutes.

still1ballin
05-08-2009, 12:29 AM
Of course.. Yao's the best player on his team and he only played 26 minutes while the Lakers best player saw 40 minutes.

Good point, Yao should take some tips out of the Lakers play and learn to not foul

Draco
05-08-2009, 12:30 AM
The way you posted in this thread actually showed that you can be just as bad as some Laker homers on these threads, maybe even worse..

Im glad to see that some Rocket homers are starting to develop the same Reputation as Laker fans made for themselves in the past. We're accomplishing our goal too..

It sucks to see that, because there are knowledgeable Rocket fans on this forum, you just give them all a bad name.. So thanks, keep it going

Well, considering you tried to bait me in another thread earlier today.. and I have nothing to do with baiting posts or threads says a lot. You're right, there's a lot of Laker fans who give other Laker fans a bad name. There happens to be a lot more of those than Rocket fans who do the same.

Draco
05-08-2009, 12:32 AM
Good point, Yao should take some tips out of the Lakers play and learn to not foul

Out of Laker's play? Would those be the cheap shots, the fouls they get away with or the ones that actually make a good basketball game. Because we're talking 1 quarter of basketball for the latter.

FOBolous
05-08-2009, 08:47 AM

not really. I don't go around pounding my chest saying how great my team is and how my team is going to sweep the other team while completely disrespecting other people's team. I also don't refuse to give credit to the other team. The only thing I'm doing is giving those annoying LA fans a taste of their own medicine and they're the only people I'm targeting. And from the way I see it, there's people out there who appreciates what I do with them applauding my posts...and those people are not limited the Rockets fans, they're fans of other team who were also victims of LA fans' classlessness.

oh and just want to let you know...I know i'm getting under the skin of a lot of LA fans and I enjoy it :) you want me to stop? i will. as soon as the overzealous and annoying LA fans stop..i'll stop too. until then...:)

and seriously...as a mod, you should do a better job of moderating this forum. As soon as superkegger admit to the fact that he created this thread to bait Rockets fan, you should've closed this thread. Instead, you're here insulting me and trying to bait me :pity:

Fool
05-08-2009, 08:50 AM

you just get better and better. :clap:

FOBolous
05-08-2009, 08:53 AM
-delete-

Zefflin
05-08-2009, 09:45 AM
As soon as superkegger admit to the fact that he created this thread to bait Rockets fan, you should've closed this thread. Instead, you're here insulting me and trying to bait me :pity:

That made me laugh for some reason...

...and trying to bait you? ha

oh a happy camper I will be after tonights game.

kobelaughsatall
05-08-2009, 11:36 AM
ok someone needs to close this thread. Its going completely off topic. All people are doing is arguing with each other.

superkegger
05-08-2009, 12:01 PM
and seriously...as a mod, you should do a better job of moderating this forum. As soon as superkegger admit to the fact that he created this thread to bait Rockets fan, you should've closed this thread. Instead, you're here insulting me and trying to bait me :pity:

My thread was no different than yours. You may say I created it for different reasons than you, but your previous statements and actions to creating your thread, which I've already showed, show that it isn't the case. What I said in my OP was the same as yours. So you complaining about it is complete BS.

Also, all of your posts should be deleted, because you admittedly went off topic purposefuly.

It's funny you complain about the lack of moderating when you're more at fault than I am. So yea...believe what you want to beleive and disregard all the facts that's been laid out in front of you...SOME of of you Rocket fans are very good at doing that.

tr4shb0t
05-08-2009, 12:16 PM

If you are so convinced this thread is to bait you, why do you let yourself get baited? Half this thread is your own posts so you wasted your time.

Fool
05-08-2009, 12:27 PM
Well, considering you tried to bait me in another thread earlier today.. and I have nothing to do with baiting posts or threads says a lot. You're right, there's a lot of Laker fans who give other Laker fans a bad name. There happens to be a lot more of those than Rocket fans who do the same.

look at the size of each fanbase on this website. lakers have the largest amount of fans here.

FOBolous
05-08-2009, 01:51 PM
My thread was no different than yours. You may say I created it for different reasons than you, but your previous statements and actions to creating your thread, which I've already showed, show that it isn't the case. What I said in my OP was the same as yours. So you complaining about it is complete BS.

Also, all of your posts should be deleted, because you admittedly went off topic purposefuly.

you know the more you argue with me...the more you play into my hands right? :laugh2:

and no...why would my post from my other thread prove anything. I already explained to you the intention of my thread and i told you i created the same kind of thread when Houston shut down Lebron. There's nothing I can do if you continue to compare oranges to apples and try to use my posts from another thread to prove your point. It doesn't make sense.

If you are so convinced this thread is to bait you, why do you let yourself get baited? Half this thread is your own posts so you wasted your time.

I'm not convinced. I know so. Superkegger admitted it himself.

ok someone needs to close this thread. Its going completely off topic. All people are doing is arguing with each other.

I completely agreed. close this thread.

LAKERMANIA
05-08-2009, 01:54 PM
not really. I don't go around pounding my chest saying how great my team is and how my team is going to sweep the other team while completely disrespecting other people's team. I also don't refuse to give credit to the other team. The only thing I'm doing is giving those annoying LA fans a taste of their own medicine and they're the only people I'm targeting. And from the way I see it, there's people out there who appreciates what I do with them applauding my posts...and those people are not limited the Rockets fans, they're fans of other team who were also victims of LA fans' classlessness.
Weird... Your doing it now

oh and just want to let you know...I know i'm getting under the skin of a lot of LA fans and I enjoy it :) you want me to stop? i will. as soon as the overzealous and annoying LA fans stop..i'll stop too. until then...:)
That's nice, but when you do the same it makes you look worse, giving your team's fans a bad Rep.. Thats what Laker fans did years ago to fight off the Laker haters, they did the same thing and a lot of homers signed up on the boards because of it. Don't fight fire with fire its not worth it. That is exactly what I said in the last post I made that really butthurt you, but its the truth, the more you get mad, the worse it gets later on..

You would be right, except one thing, Im not the mod of the NBA forum, I would have probably closed this thread 10 pages back if I were a mod in the NBA forum, but Im not the mod here, Im the mod in the Lakers forum. I DONT HAVE POWERS IN THIS FORUM

But if I were a mod in the NBA forum I would have closed your thread you made on why the Rockets won after 2 pages, because you were doing the same thing..

too bad im not the mod here

ink
05-08-2009, 02:05 PM
We can't close every thread or people would complain about that too. Maybe the point is that posters need to take responsibility for their own posting and stay out of arguments.