PDA

View Full Version : Stern believes in Brooklyn

jmastert
05-07-2009, 11:13 AM
In a discussion of the difficulties facing professional sports in a troubled economy, NBA Commissioner David Stern endorsed the Nets plans for relocating to Brooklyn and said he remains confident the team will break ground this summer. Yes, they will, Im told, he said at a Wall Street Journal conference on pro sports future. Im sure. Stern has long favored the Brooklyn move, citing the age of the IZOD Center.

http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/2009/05/nba_commissioner_david_stern_c.html

RaysFan
05-07-2009, 11:20 AM
I just don't see it happening. It is a HUGE waste in this economy.

NYstateofMinD
05-07-2009, 11:25 AM
Man, has he been to Brooklyn? There are little rich people here, but it's not the place to have a basketball team rivaling the Knicks. Come on now.

LetsGetItNY
05-07-2009, 11:29 AM
i hope the nets move to brooklyn. never hurts having a state of the art arena so close, even if they are renovating the garden. It will create a nice rivalry in the city.

LetsGetItNY
05-07-2009, 11:30 AM
Man, has he been to Brooklyn? There are little rich people here, but it's not the place to have a basketball team rivaling the Knicks. Come on now.

isnt the arena going to be on Atlantic Avenue? It is really close to Manhattan. Plus the rich people will love the brand new arena. i think the arena is a great idea.

sep11ie
05-07-2009, 11:40 AM
***** stern!

Giaps
05-07-2009, 12:16 PM
Another delay is bound to pop up... there are homeowners still fighting this so it is a delicate situation. The earliest they could begin playing there even if they began construction is the 11-12 season.

colinskik
05-07-2009, 12:28 PM
Stern is a numbnut. This isn't happening!! So much red tape, too much. IT WILL NOT HAPPEN. and that hurts me to say because i would love to have a professional sports team in my hood. preferably baseball

superkegger
05-07-2009, 04:40 PM
The Nets better hope it breaks ground this summer.