PDA

View Full Version : Report: Hornets to keep Scott for one-year

City Rocko 31
05-07-2009, 10:15 AM
2010-2011 season...Head Coach for the L.A. Lakers?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4148419

lakers4sho
05-07-2009, 10:20 AM
no thanks

Mckphins
05-07-2009, 10:21 AM
wat? y?

IndyRealist
05-07-2009, 10:37 AM
Lame Duck coaching hasn't worked in many instances....

Vinny642
05-07-2009, 05:51 PM
Crackheads....
He is on his last year of his contract. We may resign him we may not but that'll be after the season.

Kakaroach
05-07-2009, 07:37 PM
Good call by the Hornets. He is a good coach and they should be better next year. Maybe.

superkegger
05-07-2009, 07:46 PM
When you lose by 58 points in the playoffs, clearly you've lost control of your team. He should not be returning. He has failed to develop the young players he has on the bench, into any kind of a semblence of a bench, and while he is a good coach, Chris Paul would be better served by a coach who he believes in, Byron Scott is not that guy.

DerekRE_3
05-07-2009, 08:51 PM
When you lose by 58 points in the playoffs, clearly you've lost control of your team. He should not be returning. He has failed to develop the young players he has on the bench, into any kind of a semblence of a bench, and while he is a good coach, Chris Paul would be better served by a coach who he believes in, Byron Scott is not that guy.

Right, but in this economy, they can't afford to pay two coaches. If they fire him, they have to pay his salary for next year and the new coach they hire. The Hornets have already tried a cost cutting trade (Tyson Chandler) this year. I doubt they want to pay two coaches next year.

superkegger
05-07-2009, 10:45 PM
Right, but in this economy, they can't afford to pay two coaches. If they fire him, they have to pay his salary for next year and the new coach they hire. The Hornets have already tried a cost cutting trade (Tyson Chandler) this year. I doubt they want to pay two coaches next year.

That's true, and I understand that side of it, And while I totally get being conservative economically, if it hurts the team, which I'm not saying keeping Byron Scott as head coach does, but I don't think he's the right coach there anymore, and keeping him isn't going to help that team IMO, it's not the right move, and worth a couple million to make the effort to make the team better.

Flash812
05-08-2009, 05:38 PM
Byron helped build a good core of players but he was definately a problem with the team this year, the man just does not coach during games but rather stands with his arms folded. The Hornets obviously are keeping him for money reasons too and I understand it with it being Shinn's call but he needs to be a little patient with winning or sell the team to the minority owner who will be. My guess is somebody like Avery Johnson will be the coach next year (not saying it's a good move either) unless N.O. gets to the WCF. The hornets are going to try and move some players this offseason, I just hope they make good deals and not get screwed.

Vinny642
05-08-2009, 05:46 PM
Byron helped build a good core of players but he was definately a problem with the team this year, the man just does not coach during games but rather stands with his arms folded. The Hornets obviously are keeping him for money reasons too and I understand it with it being Shinn's call but he needs to be a little patient with winning or sell the team to the minority owner who will be. My guess is somebody like Avery Johnson will be the coach next year (not saying it's a good move either) unless N.O. gets to the WCF. The hornets are going to try and move some players this offseason, I just hope they make good deals and not get screwed.

We got too much ****ing money invested in Peja and Chandler. 2 Injury prone inconsistent *** players, Peja lost his three. I wish Byron developed Julian Wright alot more. He can be something special. But if we lose Scott then we'll be like the nets, down and out. Peja got somewhere above 10 Million in his contract and so does Chandler. Get rid of them and we got some cash. NO did take that loan from the NBA so idk how our money situation is. We need a bench. But to me losing Scott is a bad deal for us, IDC about the lose by 58 because its only one game.

Flash812
05-08-2009, 05:58 PM
After next season I just don't see Scott being with the organization, there is quite a bit of hostillity IMO. He and Paul have a great relationship and that is important to the hornets becuase they want Paul happy, I just don't think that most of the others players have a good relationship with scott though. I hope still hope Byron works out to being the coach long term but he has got to coach the team in a different more effective way. I agree the salary issue sucks though, Peja, Mo Pete, Daniels, Chandlers and even Posey's contracts are ridiculous but there is nothing to do other than pray a good trade gets done. I also agree with Julian, he could be a stud but he makes lots of mistakes, plays scared and plays limited minutes becuase the coaches don't treat him right.

theimortalone
05-08-2009, 06:00 PM
Good, he should get another shot.

Vinny642
05-08-2009, 06:04 PM
After next season I just don't see Scott being with the organization, there is quite a bit of hostillity IMO. He and Paul have a great relationship and that is important to the hornets becuase they want Paul happy, I just don't think that most of the others players have a good relationship with scott though. I hope still hope Byron works out to being the coach long term but he has got to coach the team in a different more effective way. I agree the salary issue sucks though, Peja, Mo Pete, Daniels, Chandlers and even Posey's contracts are ridiculous but there is nothing to do other than pray a good trade gets done. I also agree with Julian, he could be a stud but he makes lots of mistakes, plays scared and plays limited minutes becuase the coaches don't treat him right.

Hilton Armstrong can be an ok bench center if developed more properly. We just need to build around Cp3 West and Julian Wright. Wright is the explosive player we need but your right he is too scared and makes mistakes. If he works on his Mid range game he'll be pretty good. I just hope we do something good while we have CP3.