PDA

View Full Version : More frustrating?

Wilson
05-06-2009, 05:14 PM
Just wondering what you guys find more frustrating:

Following a team that plays with effort, but just isn't talented enough to succeed, or
Following a team that is talented enough to succeed, but isn't motivated enough?

KaiserZr
05-06-2009, 05:19 PM
oh number 2 by far....sometimes how it is to be a Cowboys fan in football...have all the talent in the world but there seems to be a lack of heart in key positions.

kevvvo247
05-06-2009, 05:23 PM
the most frustrating thing to me are the fans who get all jumpy after a playoff loss. i'm not used to laker fans being that way. we'll be fine. nobody said this was going to be easy, and we definitely shouldn't be comparing ourselves to what cleveland is doing. we've played tougher opponents than anyone else has. the top seed wasn't really a benefit this year, that's all. there is no way we'll lose in a seven game series. in the mean time, loosen up laker fans, its not like we're cubs fans, right?

8kobe24
05-06-2009, 05:26 PM
the most frustrating thing to me are the fans who get all jumpy after a playoff loss. i'm not used to laker fans being that way. we'll be fine. nobody said this was going to be easy, and we definitely shouldn't be comparing ourselves to what cleveland is doing. we've played tougher opponents than anyone else has. the top seed wasn't really a benefit this year, that's all. there is no way we'll lose in a seven game series. in the mean time, loosen up laker fans, its not like we're cubs fans, right?

Thank you.

Wilson
05-06-2009, 05:27 PM
Whoops, I meant to post this in the NBA forum :o

I'll go find a mod to try and get this moved :p

Wilson
05-06-2009, 05:57 PM
Thanks for moving this for me, whoever moved it :D

bostncelts34
05-06-2009, 06:05 PM

i agree that losing 1 game isnt a huge thing, but i dont agree with the " there in NO way we lose ina seven game series" gimme a break, dont be so cocky. Houston,Denver,cleveland can all possibly beat you in a 7 game series.

pd7631
05-06-2009, 06:18 PM

Following a team that plays with effort, but just isn't talented enough to succeed, or
Following a team that is talented enough to succeed, but isn't motivated enough?

I'm gonna go with the first one.

I find it more frustrating to watch a team that plays with effort but is not talented enough to succeed, because their effort is usually good enough to get them to be a playoff team but have no chance of doing anything once they get there....just like my Sixers.

Every year we finish right around .500 so we aren't good enough to be a contender, and yet we're too good to get a good draft pick to land an impact player.

Until we just fall apart for a year and get a high draft pick, just like the Spurs with Duncan, the Bulls with Rose, the Celtics with getting the #5 pick and turning that into Ray Allen and KG, etc...we won't be a legitimate contender.

At least with a team that has the talent to succeed but doesn't put in the effort, there's a chance that with the right coach they can put it together and do something big.

A team that doesn't have the talent and puts in good effort is just swimming against the current. You have to hit the bottom to make it to the top in the NBA.

Testaverde16
05-06-2009, 08:07 PM
the second one, if my team is good, i dont want them to just disappoint me. if theres no talent, my expectations wont be so high.

Trouble87
05-07-2009, 07:22 AM
Answer: Following a team that is talented enough to succeed, but isn't motivated enough

Have a talented team that half ***** it is frustrating beyond belief

Not having the talent to win but playing hard is something to be proud of; makes you hopeful for the future.

DenButsu
05-07-2009, 08:31 AM
After years of watching a severely talented Nuggets team perpetually fail to achieve its potential, I have to vote for the latter. I can handle losing if the players leave everything they've got on the court. They and their fans can still be proud and hold their heads high. But failing due to apathy and laziness and taking things for granted is embarrassing, and unacceptable.

NYstateofMinD
05-07-2009, 11:37 AM
I'd vote for the first option. It's like the Pistons the last few years, they were still good and I bet Pistions fans were less frustrated than Knicks fans...trust me

IndyRealist
05-07-2009, 11:46 AM

Having lived through both in the last 5 years, I have to say #1 is more frustrating. You want them to do SO well, because they're a good bunch of guys and they give their all every night. And you walk away so disappointed, not in the team but for the team. You empathize, you root for the underdog, and every once in a while when they pull out a win, you cheer like it's game 7. You care because they care.

Kyle N.
05-07-2009, 12:26 PM
As long as the effort is there, then a team is worth watching.

Wake's Fastball
05-07-2009, 05:48 PM
The latter is more frustrating, but I'd still much rather watch them than a team that just isn't good enough.

Durant is hype
05-07-2009, 06:47 PM
2nd one easily.