PDA

View Full Version : Is Lebron too Protected?

matt_indiana25
05-06-2009, 10:54 AM
I read an artice I beleive by Sam Smith stating that Lebron James has haad the least amount of fouls called on him during the year and how some of the numbers were very confusing. He got 0 fouls called on him 13 times, and only 1 foul called on him 33 times. And 0 times did Lebron receive 5 fouls in a game. Are the refs protecting this guy? They debated this article on PTI and they said how could Lebron who just lowers his head and drives to the basket and yet he is always the one getting fouled? Its never a charge? The NBA refs I think have always tried to protect the best players Jordan, Magic, etc.. but is this going too far?

Jezeble
05-06-2009, 11:03 AM
Obviously, the idiot Sam Smith did not check DWade's stats. I remember in one game against the Bulls he played 55 minutes without getting 1 call. Oh well, here come the haters.

lakerssssssss
05-06-2009, 11:29 AM
finally sum1 who realizes that the nba is protecting its poster child lebron james. lebron always gets preferential treatment and he always will. there is nothing that any1 could do about it.

Tmac,lt,berkman
05-06-2009, 11:35 AM
lebron james is a puss a crys when he barely gets touched and yeah by the way dwayne wade is the better player...

Kenny
05-06-2009, 11:47 AM
Get ready for all the cry baby laker fans to come into this forum.. Maybe the guy isnt a idiot that reaches in for stupid foul calls.. How many guys challenege lebron, rarely ever.. He then comes on the weak side for blocks and steals..

But whatever, lets just look at a box score and assume things

TheChosenOne88
05-06-2009, 01:35 PM
Maybe you should watch him play and be the judge instead of reading an article. There were a few plays in last nights game where he could have had fouls called on him but other Cavs players initiated contact before LeBron came over to help. For those who say he gets more treatment than Kobe or DWade, your wrong. On his first basket he was clearly hacked by Josh Smith, but did the refs blow a whistle? No. Just goes to show that he gets no more treatment than a typical star in the NBA.

cmstophe
05-06-2009, 01:40 PM
I've seen the King called for offensive foul many times. But you dont hear about it because people are so intent on hating on him.

what54!?
05-06-2009, 01:49 PM
seeing how wade gets the same treatment I won't say anything

Havoc Wreaker
05-06-2009, 01:59 PM
I saw 4 or 5 minutes of the Cavs-Hawks game and it is ridiculous that he doesn't get over the back calls against him and then on the other side of the floor at the most minimum contact a foul is called and he goes to the line. It's why I really don't watch NBA much

BTownTeamsRKing
05-06-2009, 02:03 PM
Obviously, the idiot Sam Smith did not check DWade's stats. I remember in one game against the Bulls he played 55 minutes without getting 1 call. Oh well, here come the haters.

while i usually respect your opinions, heres some numbers for u.

Lebron 40+ games with 0-1 fouls
Wade 20+ games with 0-1 fouls
Kobe 20+ games with 0-1 fouls
Pierce 10+ games with 0-1 fouls

im not gonna get into this bc ive argued this plenty, but i thought id share this.

tdunk21
05-06-2009, 02:04 PM
pointless hate thread

BTownTeamsRKing
05-06-2009, 02:04 PM
I saw 4 or 5 minutes of the Cavs-Hawks game and it is ridiculous that he doesn't get over the back calls against him and then on the other side of the floor at the most minimum contact a foul is called and he goes to the line. It's why I really don't watch NBA much

i watch bc of the Celtics. the refs really do ruin the experience, but as long as my team is fighting, im watching.

superkegger
05-06-2009, 02:05 PM
I do find it pretty amazing that for as often he goes to the basket, he rarely gets offensive fouls called on him. I mean, as aggressive as he is, and as hard as he goes to the rim, and as much as his defense has stepped up, to have 40 games with 0 or 1 fouls is pretty nuts.

BTownTeamsRKing
05-06-2009, 02:09 PM
I do find it pretty amazing that for as often he goes to the basket, he rarely gets offensive fouls called on him. I mean, as aggressive as he is, and as hard as he goes to the rim, and as much as his defense has stepped up, to have 40 games with 0 or 1 fouls is pretty nuts.

i reaaallllyyy do not want to get into a debate with loyal cavs fans over this, but that number just blows me away. especially for a guy who some people think it Defensive Player of the Year. Its not possible to play that great of defense and not foul. not possible.

Jezeble
05-06-2009, 02:11 PM

im not gonna get into this bc ive argued this plenty, but i thought id share this.

What those figures show is that games with 0-1 PFs are not such anomalies amongst the League's top players.

Jezeble
05-06-2009, 02:18 PM

Could it be because the opposing team is too busy trying to stop him? Could it be because he is constantly being hacked? He averages around 2 PFs, so how is he not getting called?

BTownTeamsRKing
05-06-2009, 02:19 PM
What those figures show is that games with 0-1 PFs are not such anomalies amongst the League's top players.

but u asked about Wade. there it is. Lebron, according to the NBA's "respected" officials, is twice as good as Wade at defense.

superkegger
05-06-2009, 02:22 PM

For LeBron to have 20 more than anyone else though is quite odd.

Could it be because the opposing team is too busy trying to stop him? Could it be because he is constantly being hacked? He averages around 2 PFs, so how is he not getting called?

Right, they're trying to stop him, and flopping and taking charges is a pretty prevelant way to do that. For a guy that takes more than a third of his shots inside, it's just quite crazy that he gets so few offensive fouls called on him. It's also pretty crazy that with the rules as they are, that he's able to play as good of defense as he does without fouling. 40+ games with 0-1 fouls is simply astounding.

championships
05-06-2009, 02:22 PM

Lebron nut swingers will defend him no matter what numbers you try to post. To me those are good numbers to post but it doesn't matter its just falling on def ears. Or should I say blind posts

fire2last
05-06-2009, 02:29 PM
but u asked about Wade. there it is. Lebron, according to the NBA's "respected" officials, is twice as good as Wade at defense.

Think about who LeBron is guarding as opposed to who Wade guards. Wade guards the guys who handle the ball more, are quicker, and who penetrate more often than the guys LeBron guards. LeBron tends to guard the bigger slower shooters.

Those numbers show me that Wade is also more aggresive than LeBron on defense. Wade gets tons of steals and blocks, much more than LeBron...therefore Wade is more aggressive on D and is more likely to commit fouls.

NJrockPD
05-06-2009, 02:33 PM
finally sum1 who realizes that the nba is protecting its poster child lebron james. lebron always gets preferential treatment and he always will. there is nothing that any1 could do about it.

This coming from a guy named Lakers, Kobe is in the same class.