PDA

View Full Version : ANDRE WARD vs EDISON MIRANDA MAY 16th

ULT WARRIOR408
05-06-2009, 12:47 AM
Andre Ward is a 2004 gold medalist & for the last 4 or 5 years he has been fighting safe fights well now he is finally gonna be tested when he takes on hard hitting columbian Edison Miranda.:box:
Andre Ward like myself is from the bay area & i've followed this guy since his amateur days with that being said its about time i've been waiting for his camp to get him a real fight this is long over due.;)
Now excuse me for being a lil bias but i think he'll take this in a decision.
For those of you that either haven't heard of him & just haven't seen him fight he's very quick with his hands & he's light on his feet he'll be too much for miranda.:clap:

BTW ITS GONNA BE ON SHOWTIME.:rimshot:

H.E.R.
05-06-2009, 12:56 AM
Miranda suffered a really crushing loss to Arthur Abraham last year. I don't see him getting over that. Andre Ward however is still young, but hasn't fought anyone really noteworthy. Both definitely have power and I see this match could get interesting. I'll say it ends in a KO...I just don't know who gives it.

ULT WARRIOR408
05-06-2009, 02:11 AM
miranda suffered a really crushing loss to arthur abraham last year. I don't see him getting over that. Andre ward however is still young, but hasn't fought anyone really noteworthy. Both definitely have power and i see this match could get interesting. I'll say it ends in a ko...i just don't know who gives it.

well if pavlick could ko miranda then i dont see why ward couldn't do the same.

H.E.R.
05-06-2009, 03:02 AM
well if pavlick could ko miranda then i dont see why ward couldn't do the same.

Alright, why didn't Mayweather knock out Hatton in 2 rounds like Pacquiao? How come Bernard Hopkins lost to a guy name Clinton Mitchell in his first fight when dozens of others could beat him? It's not that easy.

ULT WARRIOR408
05-06-2009, 09:46 AM
Alright, why didn't Mayweather knock out Hatton in 2 rounds like Pacquiao? How come Bernard Hopkins lost to a guy name Clinton Mitchell in his first fight when dozens of others could beat him? It's not that easy.

STICK TO THE TOPIC AT HAND THIS IS A WARD vs MIRANDA THREAD.

BTW MAYWEATHER TAKES HIS TIME & WEARS HIS OPPONENT OUT THATS WHY IT TOOK HIM LONGER TO KO HATTON FOOL!!!

H.E.R.
05-06-2009, 10:31 AM
STICK TO THE TOPIC AT HAND THIS IS A WARD vs MIRANDA THREAD.

BTW MAYWEATHER TAKES HIS TIME & WEARS HIS OPPONENT OUT THATS WHY IT TOOK HIM LONGER TO KO HATTON FOOL!!!

Yeah, merely stating that just because Boxer 1 defeated Boxer 2 doesn't mean Boxer 3 could also defeat Boxer 2. You've provided no actual reason why Ward will defeat Miranda other than your admitted bias.

And man, take your Caps Lock off.

ULT WARRIOR408
05-06-2009, 10:45 AM
Yeah, merely stating that just because Boxer 1 defeated Boxer 2 doesn't mean Boxer 3 could also defeat Boxer 2. You've provided no actual reason why Ward will defeat Miranda other than your admitted bias.

And man, take your Caps Lock off.

the reason he'll beat miranda is he's to quick for him & miranda has had stamina issues in the past.
WARD will use the ring to his advantage by sticking & moving that will eventually wear MIRANDA down.

BTW YOU SHOULD CHANGE YOUR NAME WHY WOULD YOU NAME YOURSELF H.E.R.? WHAT DOSE THAT MEAN ANY WAY?

H.E.R.
05-06-2009, 10:59 AM
the reason he'll beat miranda is he's to quick for him & miranda has had stamina issues in the past.
WARD will use the ring to his advantage by sticking & moving that will eventually wear MIRANDA down.

See? Much better. However, I don't see stamina being an issue here as I see both going in for the kill early. In close range, it will be a brawl and I think it will be more even then you believe.

This is called an intelligent discussion. Congratulations.

BTW YOU SHOULD CHANGE YOUR NAME WHY WOULD YOU NAME YOURSELF H.E.R.? WHAT DOSE THAT MEAN ANY WAY?

Ever heard of Common?

ULT WARRIOR408
05-06-2009, 11:09 AM
See? Much better. However, I don't see stamina being an issue here as I see both going in for the kill early. In close range, it will be a brawl and I think it will be more even then you believe.

This is called an intelligent discussion. Congratulations.

Ever heard of Common?

ASK JETSFOREVER & 2009MVP I HAVE PLENTY OF INTELLIGENT CONVERSATIONS ABOUT BOXING BUT YOU WOULDN'T KNOW ABOUT THAT BECAUSE YOUR A NEW BOOTY TO THE FORUM.:p

2009mvp
05-07-2009, 09:08 PM
I don't think I've seen Ward fight professionally but this sounds like a really, really dangerous fight for a young guy. I'm sure no one has to tell him how quickly you can find yourself on the mat against Miranda. Yes they can both end it quickly, but if it goes long stamina will certainly be an issue considering Miranda dropping from fighting at 176 less than two months ago, not to mention I bet no one can even remember the last time he's seen the 10th round (I kno I can't). Should be an exciting fight either way.

jetsforever
05-07-2009, 10:21 PM
ASK JETSFOREVER & 2009MVP I HAVE PLENTY OF INTELLIGENT CONVERSATIONS ABOUT BOXING BUT YOU WOULDN'T KNOW ABOUT THAT BECAUSE YOUR A NEW BOOTY TO THE FORUM.:p

i think your an alright poster really. if it wasnt for you i wouldnt be aware of alot of the fights that are coming up. Ever since you said pacman would have to go the distance you have taken a ton of heat. But i think you no boxing pretty well. i can't really give an opinion on this fight because im not familiar with either boxer. Is it a PPV... or is it HBO after Dark?

H.E.R.
05-07-2009, 10:24 PM
Is it a PPV... or is it HBO after Dark?

It's actually on ShoBox. 5/16 9:00 EST
http://sports.sho.com/boxing/events/ward-miranda-may-16-2009.html

jetsforever
05-07-2009, 10:28 PM
It's actually on ShoBox. 5/16 9:00 EST
http://sports.sho.com/boxing/events/ward-miranda-may-16-2009.html

thanks. maybe ill check it out

H.E.R.
05-07-2009, 10:47 PM
thanks. maybe ill check it out

No problem, man. I might actually miss the live fight, but Showtime replays a lot of their fights like HBO does with B.A.D..

ULT WARRIOR408
05-07-2009, 11:13 PM
i think your an alright poster really. if it wasnt for you i wouldnt be aware of alot of the fights that are coming up. Ever since you said pacman would have to go the distance you have taken a ton of heat. But i think you no boxing pretty well. i can't really give an opinion on this fight because im not familiar with either boxer. Is it a PPV... or is it HBO after Dark?

Right on bruh thanks for the support & make sure you catch this fight on showbox 5/16/09.:box::hi5:

ULT WARRIOR408
05-17-2009, 01:44 AM
ANDRE WARD dominated that fight now he wants CARL FROCH.

jetsforever
05-18-2009, 07:25 PM
Got rocked

H.E.R.
05-19-2009, 07:11 PM
Good showing from still a young fighter in Ward. Showed some endurance, his skills, and some heart. He's mad at himself that he should've KOed Miranda. He's looking for improvements to himself. I like that.