PDA

View Full Version : A Picture Perfect Outfield

JMDTM
05-05-2009, 07:39 PM
I can not stand to look at my TV anymore, when i flip the channel to 30, and see Carlos Guillen in LF. It really makes me sick to my stomach. Especially when I see balls hit that are rather tough to make a play on, but I know that if Anderson was out there he could have made the catch. Now, I dont see Guillen being dealt anytime soon, just because Leyland loves the guy. I must say though, something has to be done.

I really think that Clete Thomas needs to be in the big leagues. The guy did a fantastic job last year as a callup. I really like his agility in the outfield to move around and make plays. Also, he is no slouch when it comes to hitting. Actually, he was a guy I was more confident with at the plate last season. This guy needs to be moved up, and play every day in RF.

Josh Anderson, of course, needs to be inserted into the everyday lineup. The guy is good. He is still young, and he has a bright future. He can field. He can hit. He can run. He seriously, could be one of the most dominant OFs in the game in the future. Seriously, his hitting ability makes me puke. He really seems to know how to make contact with the ball. Thinking back to watching him on TV, i rarely remember him striking out. This guy needs to be the starter in LF, each and every night.

Now, I dont know much about these guys, but what's the deal with Wilkin Ramirez amd Casper Wells. I know they are suppose to be good, but what can you do with so many OFs. Its actually kinda ridiculous how many OFs this organization seems to produce. I will say though, if they are good, trade them both. Give them to someone for a SS and a good RP. We need each of those pretty damn bad. I know Iorg is suppose to be good, but what happens if he just cant quite cut it. Now, i'm just spit ballin but what the hell do ya do with so many outfielders on one roster.

Also, I know alot of you are thinking, what about Maggs. Let the guy DH. Guillen is going to be hurt quite often this year. He always seems to get hurt, and getting older, this is gonna be another one of those years. Let Maggs DH on the daily, and let either Larish, Guillen, or Thames stay and share time with him. I dont think Maggs has what it takes to be a starting outfielder anymore. Yes, hes still good, but this year I have seen him miss judge balls more than ever before. Let the guy focus on hitting the ball, and fill his position with a young stud we have on the roster.

My picture perfect outfield has Grandy, Andy, and Clete in it. I don't think any of you can aruge with that.

These are all my opinions, and I think they are legit. If you don't agree, please feel free to comment in and let me know. However, I feel most of you will agree.

JMDTM
05-05-2009, 07:52 PM
and i promise to god i wasnt watching the baseball game when i posted this, didnt even know it was on until i saw it on espn lol

Hockeytown
05-05-2009, 07:59 PM
So far its working. I've been feeling like Anderson should be starting for awhile now. As far as Clete as a every day player I'm not sure. I'd still have to watch him a little.

If your lineup actually happened we would have a surplus of outfielders and have to trade one. I don't really have a problem with that though.

I would like to add another SS in the minors who has the potential to be good, sooner rather than later. Between him and Iorg if they both pan out you move one to 3B or 2b. Although, Scott Sizemore might be a good one in a year or two at 2b.

I like Anderson leading off FWIW.

stanpapi
05-08-2009, 01:17 AM
Clete Thomas is recovering from surgery. Be encouraged, but he still has to stand up to the grind. That said, I really like him as a player. In fact, we could use another.

Bondomania
05-08-2009, 03:51 PM
i don't get what Anderson has done to make anyone think that he is an everyday player. He has about just as much time spent at the major league level at Clete Thomas.. Thomas has more power and makes probably just as much contact. The outfield defense is probably the best with Anderson, Thomas and Granderson out in the outfield.. however, all are LH ab's and could present a problem

Hockeytown
05-10-2009, 06:03 PM
I really like Thomas after watching him for these last few games. I don't know if he's just playing well by coincidence but if he can keep this up and more he should play more. If Guillen comes back and doesn't play well or Maggs continues to struggle you can trade one a DH the other. Then have that outfield and send Raburn down and it would work great IMO.

levignjw
05-11-2009, 10:16 PM
I gotta agree. I absolutely hate seeing Guillen in LF, he does not have the speed nor the versatility to play out there, but he's too damn stubborn to DH because he thinks he's an everyday player. I am hoping we deal him by the deadline this year so we can get some sort of value out of him before he wears it all out.

drewstantontime
05-13-2009, 12:22 PM
1B.Miguel Cabrera/Jeff Larrish
2B.Placido Polanco/Ramon Santiago
SS.Ramon Santiago/Adam Everett
3B.Brandon Inge/Jeff Larrish
LF.Josh Anderson/Clete Thomas
CF.Curtis Granderson/Josh Anderson
RF.Magglio Ordonez/Clete Thomas
DH.Clete Thomas/Marcus Thames

Trade Carlos Guillen for a prospect or 2

Bondomania
05-13-2009, 04:19 PM
if we deal Guillen, it would probably be for 1 prospect that probably won't amount to much.. he has almost zero trade value.. The best thing we can hope for at this point is that Magglio improves and we can deal him at the deadline and get probably something decent..

MichiganSports
05-13-2009, 04:25 PM
if we deal Guillen, it would probably be for 1 prospect that probably won't amount to much.. he has almost zero trade value.. The best thing we can hope for at this point is that Magglio improves and we can deal him at the deadline and get probably something decent..

I couldn't agree more. We have to pray Maggs gets it going and than we should deal him around deadline time. Larish can take his spot and do pretty well. We need to start looking for our Future SS and 2B.

GIANTS15
05-13-2009, 04:26 PM
i would love to trade you Nate Schierholtz or Fred Lewis for any one of these 2 guys Maggs,Guillen....plug Maggs in RF and put Guillen either at 3b or 1b

Hockeytown
05-13-2009, 06:58 PM
1B.Miguel Cabrera/Jeff Larrish
2B.Placido Polanco/Ramon Santiago
SS.Ramon Santiago/Adam Everett
3B.Brandon Inge/Jeff Larrish
LF.Josh Anderson/Clete Thomas
CF.Curtis Granderson/Josh Anderson
RF.Magglio Ordonez/Clete Thomas
DH.Clete Thomas/Marcus Thames

Trade Carlos Guillen for a prospect or 2

Why is Clete the DH and not Maggs? Other than that I agree.

i would love to trade you Nate Schierholtz or Fred Lewis for any one of these 2 guys Maggs,Guillen....plug Maggs in RF and put Guillen either at 3b or 1b

I would like either of those two for Guillen, especially if we get Lewis. But Guillen wasn't good at 1B last year and I don't know if he can play 3rd.

Sam_Quentin
05-13-2009, 11:04 PM

I wonder how the 500 AB clause in his contract would work for the team that acquires him.....meaning if that team is the one he reaches 500 with. If that triggers the 2 year extension no matter what, then no team would give us anything whatsoever.

Willing to give him some more time but theres going to come a point where he he'll need to be released. This is his last year as a Tiger, i dont care what he does from now on he's not worth 18 mill the next 2 seasons.

RicoSteel
05-14-2009, 08:40 AM
Larish should be DH-ing most of the time. The guy is patient and a HR waiting to happen.

drewstantontime
05-14-2009, 11:33 AM
Why is Clete the DH and not Maggs? Other than that I agree.

Because I still think Maggs should be out in RF. Just because Clete Thomas has come up and showed some good stuff, doesnt mean that 1 solid week should dethrone Maggs from his spot in RF. Maggs is a good hitter whos off to a slow start. He will be fine and turn it around.