PDA

View Full Version : Cap space for 09' offseason?

Hoopsadvocate
05-05-2009, 06:21 PM
Hello Magic fans, I was wondering what the cap situation is like in Orlando for this upcoming offseason? I know Hedo is up for grabs and i've heard you guys might not have enough money to resign him but that got me thinking instead of resigning him (thanks to the steping up of Courtney Lee). The team may have a shot Boozer?

I know this team has been lacking a true pf for a while. And now that Nelson has showed what he can do based on the regular season and Lee has stepped up in the playoffs i think this would be awesome for Orlando.

Projected starting lineup:

C Howard/Gortat
F Boozer/ Battie
Sf Lewis/Pietrus
SG Lee/ Reddick
PG Nelson/Alston

Has Rebound covered. Post up presence. Shooters to surround them with. Good defenders. Youth and experience. Damn solid contenders imo.

Thoughts?

MagicBucsSox
05-05-2009, 06:52 PM
id love boozer but i think miami is where he going for fsmily reasons.i think svg will go for lamar odom because he knows his system.

Hoopsadvocate
05-05-2009, 07:03 PM
He wont come to miami we have no money for him and have a clogged PF rotation as is with beasley having a very similar playing style and much cheaper.

I like Lamar too i think they can both help.

macc
05-05-2009, 09:10 PM
I'm not really big in Odom. He's a decent player and I'm sure we could get him for a reasonable price but I would rather spend the money on a true power forward. Doesn't have to be an all star, just someone who bangs downlow and gets rebounds and plays good defense.

Hoopsadvocate
05-05-2009, 10:01 PM
I'm not really big in Odom. He's a decent player and I'm sure we could get him for a reasonable price but I would rather spend the money on a true power forward. Doesn't have to be an all star, just someone who bangs downlow and gets rebounds and plays good defense.

Theres also Millsap hes a bit undersized but so is boozer. Hes a poor mans version and played really well for the Jazz while Boozer was out. It all depends on who Utah decides who can offer him more money/ playing time i suppose which again will be up to where boozer goes.

macc
05-05-2009, 11:27 PM
^^^^^^ Ya that would be my ideal but most likely Utah will keep him and let Boozer go. I wouldn't mind Boozer but we don't have enough money to pay him unless Turk goes and Boozer signs for less, very doubtful that will happen. I wouldn't mind Rasheed Wallace, looks like he'll be avail next year and he's a savy Vet who can spread the floor and shoot the 3.

MagicBucsSox
05-06-2009, 01:52 AM
sheed would be sick and he'd toughen up dwight big time, and can hold us over for bosh '10

EX-TREME
05-06-2009, 04:34 AM
i don't think we need carlos boozer. he is undersized and not a good defender. we need a good pf who hustle and who is cheap.

PennyMy#1
05-06-2009, 06:49 AM
I read somewhere, we will have problems signing Hedo and Gortat. Gortat plays very well, which the other NBA teams see too. So, it is not that highly unlikely, someone will pay him good money to leave us. And we have to cut about 2.000.000 to get under the next years luxury ...

I think the same as EX-TREME. The guy we are looking for could be Millsap. He's cheap, he's young, he's energy ...

MagicBucsSox
05-06-2009, 02:30 PM
I read somewhere, we will have problems signing Hedo and Gortat. Gortat plays very well, which the other NBA teams see too. So, it is not that highly unlikely, someone will pay him good money to leave us. And we have to cut about 2.000.000 to get under the next years luxury ...

I think the same as EX-TREME. The guy we are looking for could be Millsap. He's cheap, he's young, he's energy ...

millsap is restricted and utah not gon let him walk if boozer opts out. id perfer sheed to any pf til '10.

rapjuicer06
05-06-2009, 04:46 PM
^^^^ agreed. sign him to a one year deal and go win a championship

ragee
05-07-2009, 05:11 PM

He is cheap right now but I don't think the Magic can afford him either... He will ask for more... Plus, I think the Jazz is going to sign him instead of Boozer... He is younger, and he does the things Boozer does... Boozer may be better offensively but Milsap actually plays defense...