PDA

View Full Version : Why the Lakers lost...

FOBolous
05-05-2009, 01:13 PM
...because of Houston's defense. Here's a great ESPN article detailing Houston's defensive scheme against the Lakers:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-40-15/Houston-Gets-Defensive.html

And here's a excerpt from the article"

4th Quarter, 6:04] Derek Fisher leaves the ball at the top of the arc for Bryant, who's being guarded by Battier. Fisher clears out, as Pau Gasol steps up from the pinch post to give Bryant a screen. It's a fairly quick sequence: Battier runs beneath the screen. Meanwhile, as Bryant takes two dribbles to the right of the screen, Yao is four feet in front of him. Should Bryant try taking Yao off the dribble? Only if he's prepared to deal with the "third guy," as Battier referenced above. That would be Luis Scola, who has sagged off Trevor Ariza. Theoretically, Bryant could dish the ball off to Ariza to his left along the arc. Problem is: Battier has taken that angle away, too. As a result of their tight defense, the Rockets have effectively taken both the drive and the kick away from Bryant, leaving him with a contested jump shot -- which is exactly what Houston wants.

and I'm liking the fact that Houston's not content with their defensive effort and is still trying to improve on it:

Though Battier was satisfied with the overall defensive performance, he was also unassuming. "[Bryant] still scored 32 points," Battier said with a chuckle. "There's still room for improvement."

it's going to be interesting to see what adjustments are made by both sides for Game 2

king4day
05-05-2009, 01:15 PM
Interesting analysis.
The playoffs are games of adjustments. I'd be shocked if PJ doesn't combat that successfully tomorrow.
If he doesn't, then we maybe looking a completely different representative out West.

Lost Art
05-05-2009, 01:22 PM
Yeah, they did a nice job on Kobe. But he's settling for too many jumpers right now. He's usually successful when he drives into the paint, and he just wasn't doing that last night.

I'd also have to put this loss on Phil Jackson. Why play Bynum only 15 minutes and sit him the entire 4th quarter when he was scoring on Yao and was the only one who was able to bother him on defense? Phil's had some kind of immature grudge against Bynum ever since he's entered the league and this crap needs to stop NOW! Cause frankly, I'm sick of it. I seriously don't think I've ever heard Phil say one kind word about him. Sour grapes. :pity:

Also Fisher is looking old as dirt. Phil needs to stop being so stubborn and put Brown or Farmar in the starting lineup to guard Brookes. Otherwise, Brookes will run circles around Fisher for the rest of the series, get into the paint, and cause problems for our bigs in the lane.

Draco
05-05-2009, 01:22 PM
Interesting analysis.
The playoffs are games of adjustments. I'd be shocked if PJ doesn't combat that successfully tomorrow.
If he doesn't, then we maybe looking a completely different representative out West.

Hopefully PJ doesn't combat the Rockets defense by simply trying to overpower their way to the rim committing any number of fouls that might not get called.

Lost Art
05-05-2009, 01:24 PM
Interesting analysis.

PJ doesn't coach. He just sits back on his high chair on the sidelines and lets his players figure it out. Then he proceeds to take all of the credit when his wealth of talent is able to figure things out on their own. Brilliant!

NYstateofMinD
05-05-2009, 01:33 PM
PJ doesn't coach. He just sits back on his high chair on the sidelines and lets his players figure it out. Then he proceeds to take all of the credit when his wealth of talent is able to figure things out on their own. Brilliant!

I'm sure he does nothing in practice either. :rolleyes:

He has a group of veteran leaders and everyone knows their role, he doesn't need to be on their ***. They have the best record in the west, and for no there is no real concern, it was one game. That being said the Rockets played great, and I think people will begin to see how great Yao is.

Fire Girardi
05-05-2009, 01:38 PM
the lakers lost bc they played like ****, every1 knows that that is a laker fan

lakersrock
05-05-2009, 01:42 PM

If you honestly believe that, I'll be nice and say you're delusional.

pippsux
05-05-2009, 01:47 PM
Kobe was sick :rolleyes:

FOBolous
05-05-2009, 01:48 PM

i agree. and the Houston defense forced them to play like ****.

lakersrock
05-05-2009, 01:49 PM

2-18 from 3 when half of those were wide open isn't the defense forcing anything.

superkegger
05-05-2009, 01:51 PM

See, if there were a ton of Laker fans saying this, then you could bring this out. But I haven't even seen one Laker fan bring this up as why we lost. But good burn on nobody.

still1ballin
05-05-2009, 02:05 PM
I was impressed with the Rockets defense, but I don't think we lost because of that. We always were playing catch up during the game so we were right there and went 2-18 from three point land which never happens. A lot of our players missed OPEN shots. Had those shots gone in, it would be a different result. Not taking anything away from the Rockets, there defensive is amazing and impressed me.

Game_Over
05-05-2009, 02:19 PM
Wondering why after the Lakers lose we have 15 different threads about it when there is a game thread:shrug:

lakersrock
05-05-2009, 02:20 PM
Wondering why after the Lakers lose we have 15 different threads about it when there is a game thread:shrug:

The haters can't resist haha. The shots gotta happen before LA wins it all.

PHX-SOXFAN
05-05-2009, 02:21 PM
The haters can't resist haha. The shots gotta happen before LA wins it all.

a laker hater didn't start the thread.:eyebrow:

good summary of the d in the article. it certainly wasn't just the lakers playing bad, or just missing shots. the rockets d won the game. it was pretty obvious watching who was hitting shots down the stretch.

mfb_lt1birdman
05-05-2009, 02:45 PM
Good D by the Rockets for sure, but nothing that was unbeatable.

Way too many missed shots, open 3's and free throws in particular.

Pau played like a pansy trash.

Fishers inability to learn that he should never ever drive to the hoop. He cannot finish, or draw the foul. He always misses a horrible shot or turns it over.

And the biggest reason was a complete inability to get a defensive stop. When you are playing from behind trading baskets won't do it. Have to get stops. Watching that 4th was so frustrating just watching them trade hoops.

TEXASTITAN
05-05-2009, 02:46 PM

Wow are you seriously going to use that excuse? If thats the case t-mac is out,battier was fouled and bleeding everywhere, and yao got injured down the stretch and guess what we still won. Kobe got his 30 pts all it took was him tossing the rock up 31 times but who cares.Your team was out played and we wanted it more than you did. You were blowing leads and being lazy against the jazz now you're in trouble with a team that can hold you down and withstand the last minute run.

soundjunkies2
05-05-2009, 02:50 PM
Wow are you seriously going to use that excuse? If thats the case t-mac is out,battier was fouled and bleeding everywhere, and yao got injured down the stretch and guess what we still won. Kobe got his 30 pts all it took was him tossing the rock up 31 times but who cares.Your team was out played and we wanted it more than you did. You were blowing leads and being lazy against the jazz now you're in trouble with a team that can hold you down and withstand the last minute run.

That wasn't even a Laker fan, calm down.

superkegger
05-05-2009, 02:52 PM

You do realize he's a Rockets fan trying to diss Laker fans right? Even though no Laker fans have even brought this up.

RaidALakeShow
05-05-2009, 03:08 PM
Even if this defensive scheme worked, the lakers were 2-17 from three pointers, obviously they were still getting looks from three, and they weren't falling as they were in the Jazz series. fish was 3-10, and gasol, our best percentage shooter, was 6-14...as much as this could be the defensive scheme, i think it dealt more with a little rust as the lakers havent played in a week...The lakers also didnt play nearly as good of defense as they have been, and as they get back on track on defense, im sure the hunger and realization of this loss will result in a beating of houston wednesday

Hellcrooner
05-05-2009, 03:14 PM
you cant allow your "star" to make such a crappy % 13-30.

if your "star" is playing THAT BAD ad shooting THAT bad you SHOULD bench him until he realizes he cant take so many shots that particular night.

If you add that your second star is ahving a bad night too....well you can do nothing

still1ballin
05-05-2009, 03:21 PM

if your "star" is playing THAT BAD ad shooting THAT bad you SHOULD bench him until he realizes he cant take so many shots that particular night.

If you add that your second star is ahving a bad night too....well you can do nothing

fail

RaidALakeShow
05-05-2009, 03:26 PM
yeah but when that "star" could easily turn things around, as he did help bring us back into the game towards the end, what would have been said then? I agree that pjax should have done something to get b from trying to do it all, but if he were to come on strong and win it, wouldnt we all be saying hes a great?
you can bench your star during the season, but why wouldnt you have the best squad on the floor? we all know they can light it up at any moment, and game 1 was just an off night

superkegger
05-05-2009, 03:26 PM

Yeah, 14-31, 45%, 8 boards, 4 assists and 2 steals, is horrible. The Lakers totally would have had a better shot with Sasha Vujacic in there. Good point. We should probably just trade him for Rudy Fernandez, that would make us better.

Ironman5219
05-05-2009, 03:32 PM
I love the excusses from LA, Houston was the better team last night and won because of it. That being said it is only one game, I see LA adjusting and comming back hard, but give Houston credit they beat them straight up. This is going to be a good series!!!!!!

Jaji
05-05-2009, 03:35 PM
I agree it's Houston's defense. Battier and Artest are both excellent perimeter defenders. They'll give Kobe more fits than any team left.

That and the fact that the Lakers have no answer for Yao.

LakersRuleNBA
05-05-2009, 03:39 PM
My Fellow NBA Fans ( more so Laker Fans :) )

It's only 1 Game. This is going to be a 7 Game Series, so let us prepare ourselves for it. The Rockets are not the Jazz. They play hard defense, can cover the paint well, can score when need be, and have a solid bench rotation (in my opinion).

It's a given fact that we need to play better Defense for Game 2. I believe the ultimate adjustment 'we' should try to make is on our TEMPO: The Rockets offense is all about Yao. If we can push the tempo and run, the Rockets will be forced to run as well. As noticed, Yao doesn't run that well, which would make it harder for their defense to set. The Rockets have 2 very solid wing defenders in Artest and Battier (for the most part, our wing men are Ariza and Kobe). If we don't run, their defense has an opportunity to set and cover our guys closely. If you try to analyze the Rockets offense, you'll notice that all plays start with Yao. Why can't our offense start with us 'running' after we've played defense? :confused:

We have Gasol, Bynum, Odom, and Powell as 'lane-cloggers.' On the flip-side, we have Kobe, Ariza, Brown, Fisher, and Vujacic as 'pushers.' Not to mention, our 'Big-Guys' can run too. :cool:

I can give more details but I don't want to bore anyone. :rolleyes:

Jaji
05-05-2009, 03:40 PM

Kobe didn't really have a bad shooting night. 45% is pretty average for him. I think 3-5 on FTs was a more telling stat. Kobe wasn't getting to the line. If he took 10 more FTs he would have had 40.

Bullsfan22
05-05-2009, 03:41 PM
Yeah, 14-31, 45%, 8 boards, 4 assists and 2 steals, is horrible. The Lakers totally would have had a better shot with Sasha Vujacic in there. Good point. We should probably just trade him for Rudy Fernandez, that would make us better.

while 45 percent is a decent percentage when you take 31 shot attempts to do it your holding your team back.

lakerboy
05-05-2009, 03:41 PM
Okay. We get it. We'll beat you next game, and we'll win the series.

wileyisTOFU
05-05-2009, 04:03 PM
gonna have to play better d wensday night, kobe's gonna be on a misson

sciferguy
05-05-2009, 04:09 PM
I dont know if you knew this or not wiley but kobe was supposed to be on a mission last night because of all that roy is the best player artest has ever defended... but mission not accomplished...by the way he reiterated that comment again last night

sciferguy
05-05-2009, 04:16 PM
Kobe didn't really have a bad shooting night. 45% is pretty average for him. I think 3-5 on FTs was a more telling stat. Kobe wasn't getting to the line. If he took 10 more FTs he would have had 40.

The thing is, you never want a player throwing up 31 shots unless he is shooting at least 65%. You had 17 bad possessions on kobe alone. That is never ok for a coach

tr4shb0t
05-05-2009, 04:17 PM
I like how Houston fans think they won the 2nd round. Lakers lost 1 game due to playing really bad on all levels. Sure Houston defense was good...everyone expected that, but Lakers were just rusty after not playing for a week. Considering how bad Lakers played and only losing by 6 points, Houston should not be feeling too confident.

Vinny642
05-05-2009, 04:28 PM
because they suck, they are garbage, Bynum has nothing on Yao.

LOL Seriously though, Yao was too much for Bynum, the Lakers were outplayed and missed shots. And I guess Houston just wanted it more.

Big Game Son
05-05-2009, 04:44 PM
...because of Houston's defense. Here's a great ESPN article detailing Houston's defensive scheme against the Lakers:

and I'm liking the fact that Houston's not content with their defensive effort and is still trying to improve on it:

it's going to be interesting to see what adjustments are made by both sides for Game 2

Nice analysis but simpler than that. Kobe takes 31 shots. NOT GOOD! Nobody against Houston is gunna shoot 31 shots and rack up points. THe defence is too intense. Kobe showed poor b-ball smarts there. Lakers need to involve the team more...push the ball get runnin. Get Yao tired, get artest workin and get Kobe OPEN buckets on the run. None a this 1 on 3 garbage. Kobe's great....its amazing that a man has this much success making stupid NBA decisions. Shows how great he rly is. 14-31 .... only Kobe could do that iwht Artest and Battier on him.

superkegger
05-05-2009, 04:48 PM
The thing is, you never want a player throwing up 31 shots unless he is shooting at least 65%. You had 17 bad possessions on kobe alone. That is never ok for a coach

a missed shot does not equal a bad possesion. You can't make every shot, and Kobe missed some shots he should have made, but it doesn't make it a bad possesion, or else more like 60% of the entire game was nothing but bad poessions. Getting a good look and missing does not make a possesion bad.

Big Game Son
05-05-2009, 04:51 PM
a missed shot does not equal a bad possesion. You can't make every shot, and Kobe missed some shots he should have made, but it doesn't make it a bad possesion, or else more like 60% of the entire game was nothing but bad poessions. Getting a good look and missing does not make a possesion bad.

Yes it does. When you are taking 31. You are not open. It isnt like the other assistant coaches arent writing this down. lol! When you put up 31 shots....by shot about 15....they know what you're up to and you are likely NOT open.

RaidALakeShow
05-05-2009, 05:01 PM
if kobe was on, and some of those shots fell, and he went 20-31, and we win the game, everyone would be impressed on how kobe carried the team to a win...

Yes the houston defense played well, but that doesnt mean it was the only reason they won...lakers had a rusty shooting night, and played bad defense as houston did hit their shots...

How can Yao be too much for bynum? two ticy-tac fouls in the begining, and only playing 15 minutes couldnt help him...lets see if yao can keep dropping 28 a night, because with his usual 15, how else can they overcome the lake show?

TragicallyHip
05-05-2009, 05:03 PM
because they make excuses.

superkegger
05-05-2009, 05:11 PM
Yes it does. When you are taking 31. You are not open. It isnt like the other assistant coaches arent writing this down. lol! When you put up 31 shots....by shot about 15....they know what you're up to and you are likely NOT open.

Kobe took 12 shots in the first half. and went 4-12. In the 3rd quarter he went 6-9. So what you're saying doesn't hold true. By shot 15, he was starting to heat up. He missed some shots he should have made, and on another night, very well could have made. It doesn't make them a bad possesion just because he missed.

DerekRE_3
05-05-2009, 06:09 PM

For a normal player you are right, but being open for Kobe isn't the same as being open for another player. Kobe doesn't need much room to get his shot off.

superkegger
05-05-2009, 06:13 PM
For a normal player you are right, but being open for Kobe isn't the same as being open for another player. Kobe doesn't need much room to get his shot off.

OMG, did Derek just kinda sorta say something good about Kobe? :speechless:

Hawkeye15
05-05-2009, 06:54 PM
The Rockets played better, that is why they won. Pretty simple.

lakersrock
05-05-2009, 06:58 PM
a laker hater didn't start the thread.:eyebrow:

good summary of the d in the article. it certainly wasn't just the lakers playing bad, or just missing shots. the rockets d won the game. it was pretty obvious watching who was hitting shots down the stretch.

Thanks for having a sense of humor.

Casper
05-05-2009, 07:14 PM

Yeah buddy, the Rockets had a lot to do with how the Lakers played.

twoearl
05-05-2009, 07:28 PM
They lost last night because for maybe the first time this season the 09 lakers looked like the 08 Final's lakers. All Kobe and a no show from gasol, and odom.

Kobe can not beat the rockets by himself, if Gasol and Odom dont show up they will go home.

Jaji
05-05-2009, 07:35 PM

Ever hear of a guy named Michael Jordan? He was famous for going 15-35, 14-15, 50 points. No one shoots 65%, especially a perimeter player. That's ridiculous. I have no problem with Kobe taking 30 shots and scoring 30 points. Every missed shot is a bad possession? Again, had he gone to the line more he would have easily had 40 and you'd say he had a great game.

Jaji
05-05-2009, 07:40 PM
November 1, 1986

Michael Jordan vs. New York went 15-31, 20-22, 50 points. Good game or bad game? I'd say great game.

championships
05-05-2009, 07:41 PM
The Lakers D sucked bad. How did they let mini me drive to the rim for layups. I know he his real quick and can blow by fish all night but where's the help D to put a body on him. I doubt its real hard to knock him off balance

championships
05-05-2009, 07:44 PM
November 1, 1986

Michael Jordan vs. New York went 15-31, 20-22, 50 points. Good game or bad game? I'd say great game.
What does that have to do with anything?:shrug:

KB24PG16
05-05-2009, 07:57 PM
and another thing why is everyone the lakers nuts the celtics lost too **** the series isnt over not even close

Jaji
05-05-2009, 08:14 PM
What does that have to do with anything?:shrug:

It means 13-31 isn't a bad game for a player like Kobe. It was his 3-5 FTs that made his point total look unimpressive compared to the shots. But Jordan went 13-31 (or close to it) many times and no one would call that a bad game. Mainly because he had a lot of FTs to add to his point total, which Kobe lacked last night.

DerekRE_3
05-05-2009, 09:36 PM
OMG, did Derek just kinda sorta say something good about Kobe? :speechless:

I may hate him but I realize how great he is.

Zetterberg40
05-05-2009, 09:56 PM
It doesn't matter who wins this series the Cavs will win the championship and you can take that to the bank.

tr4shb0t
05-05-2009, 10:26 PM
In stern we trust.

Game 1 upset means more games played and more money. Everyone expects Lakers to win after they swept the Rockets (even a huge number of Houston fans). This makes it boring if things are following what we expect, and people stop watching after a couple of games. Stern doesn't like this.

Now look at the situation: Rocket fans feel hopeful, and Lakers fans are a little more worried, but more importantly everyone will be watching from here on out. Look at how successful the Celtic's series was from a business perspective. Stern likes this.

I'm not discrediting the Rockets, but this is the NBA and we know how things go down from history. I'm pretty sure Lakers are still winning this series, but they will take a different (more marketable) path to destiny. Call it a conspiracy theory, but we are all puppets in this as you will see.

FOBolous
05-05-2009, 10:26 PM
I like how Houston fans think they won the 2nd round. Lakers lost 1 game due to playing really bad on all levels. Sure Houston defense was good...everyone expected that, but Lakers were just rusty after not playing for a week. Considering how bad Lakers played and only losing by 6 points, Houston should not be feeling too confident.

funny...that's what Houston fans were trying to tell LA fans before the series started when LA fans (especially you) were telling us about how your team is going to completely obliterate our team...about how LA is going to blow Houston out...and about how LA is going to win the series in 4 easily. so what do you have to say about that?

FOBolous
05-05-2009, 10:29 PM
In stern we trust.

Game 1 upset means more games played and more money. Everyone expects Lakers to win after they swept the Rockets (even a huge number of Houston fans). This makes it boring if things are following what we expect, and people stop watching after a couple of games.

Now look at the situation: Rocket fans feel hopeful, and Lakers fans are a little more worried, but more importantly everyone will be watching from here on out. Look at how successful the Celtic's series was from a business perspective.

I'm not discrediting the Rockets, but this is the NBA and we know how things go down from history. I'm pretty sure Lakers are still winning this series, but they will take a different (more marketable) path to destiny. Call it a conspiracy theory, but we are all puppets in this as you will see.

right...is that why the teams from the league's two biggest market..New York and LA..play each other in the finals every year? And is that why one of the league's least popular and most boring team, San Antonio, won the championship 6 times this decade? And is that why stars from one of the league's most popular team, Pheonix, was suspended from the playoffs a few years ago?

seriously...how low will you LA fans go to discredit Houston and not admit your team was outplayed?

JoakimPhoneHome
05-05-2009, 10:39 PM
justice was served to those *****es. kobe deserved some suspension time for that, and deserved the loss.

tr4shb0t
05-05-2009, 10:39 PM
funny...that's what Houston fans were trying to tell LA fans before the series started when LA fans (especially you) were telling us about how your team is going to completely obliterate our team...about how LA is going to blow Houston out...and about how LA is going to win the series in 4 easily. so what do you have to say about that?

First of all: As soon as this thread was first made and I saw the title I knew you were the one who posted it. Your general attitude in posts show what a delight of a person you are and I'm sure you have many friends over there in Houston.

Now onto business: I never said LA would blow out Houston. I never said it would be 4 games. What do you have to say to this?

Lakers played like complete *** last night and lost by 6 points, enough said. If they had even just made their freethrows they would have won. So, if anything the Rockets should be worried they only won by 6 points. The Lakers had the best road record for a reason. Enjoy being on top for a few days and feeling hopeful (because that's what Stern wants).

La11
05-05-2009, 10:40 PM
did lakers lose the series already? is this why the thread was made? Wow one game and already a thread...why did boston lose too? why did dallas lose and why will the hawks lose the first game.

chadtx01
05-05-2009, 10:44 PM
In stern we trust.

Game 1 upset means more games played and more money. Everyone expects Lakers to win after they swept the Rockets (even a huge number of Houston fans). This makes it boring if things are following what we expect, and people stop watching after a couple of games. Stern doesn't like this.

Now look at the situation: Rocket fans feel hopeful, and Lakers fans are a little more worried, but more importantly everyone will be watching from here on out. Look at how successful the Celtic's series was from a business perspective. Stern likes this.

You know, the Lakers may very well be the better team and theres a really good chance that they win the series, but its borderline pathetic that you, as a fan, can't admit that your team was just plain outplayed.

Houston's defense was great last night. Got LA out of rythym early and they never quite recovered. It was one game, thats it. During the regular season, Houston was in position to win any four of those games but they didnt execute in the 4th quarter. Last night they did and because of it they won the game.

Get over it.

NBA_Starter
05-05-2009, 10:47 PM
They lost because Kobe was sick!:)

tr4shb0t
05-05-2009, 10:50 PM
admit that your team was just plain outplayed.

I did do that. look a couple posts up. Houston played well last night (especially in the 4th).

Get over it.

I am completely over it.

chadtx01
05-05-2009, 10:53 PM
I am completely over it.

Really? Because it seems like you're so overwhelmed by the loss that you construct some worldwide plot against the Lakers to cope with it.

I wonder what would happen if you had a flat tire.

FOBolous
05-05-2009, 10:57 PM
First of all: As soon as this thread was first made and I saw the title I knew you were the one who posted it. Your general attitude in posts show what a delight of a person you are and I'm sure you have many friends over there in Houston.

Now onto business: I never said LA would blow out Houston. I never said it would be 4 games. What do you have to say to this?

Lakers played like complete *** last night and lost by 6 points, enough said. If they had even just made their freethrows they would have won. So, if anything the Rockets should be worried they only won by 6 points. The Lakers had the best road record for a reason. Enjoy being on top for a few days and feeling hopeful (because that's what Stern wants).

just when I thought you couldn't go any lower...you did by resorting to personal attacks :pity: shows how much class you have.

and can you blame me as a fan for being excited about how well my team play against the league's best team and how well our defense were. can you wrong me for that? Is it wrong of me to be upset when people like you are out there trying to discredit the our team even when it was obvious to everyone but homer laker fans like you that Laker got outplayed.

IF the Lakers made their 3s..IF the Lakers show well from the FT line..IF this..IF that...IF houston took advantage of LA's poor play in the first half...IF only Tmac was healthy and played unselfishly...every game have a whole bunch of IFs for both teams...winners or losers. stop being such a sore loser.

FOBolous
05-05-2009, 10:59 PM
Really? Because it seems like you're so overwhelmed by the loss that you construct some worldwide plot against the Lakers to cope with it.

lol...he just went through a traumatizing experience is currently in the "denial" stage of his recovery process :p

tr4shb0t
05-05-2009, 10:59 PM

No I have had that theory for a few years now. I have shared it before in earlier posts.

tr4shb0t
05-05-2009, 11:02 PM
just when I thought you couldn't go any lower...you did by resorting to personal attacks :pity: shows how much class you have.

lol...he just went through a traumatizing experience is currently in the "denial" stage of his recovery process :p

I said what I said because of your posts like this. Hypocrite.

astrosmaniac
05-05-2009, 11:12 PM
2-18 from 3 when half of those were wide open isn't the defense forcing anything.

how full of **** can you be? i mean seriously. i watched the ENTIRE game, and i saw maybe 3-4 wide open 3s for the lakers. the rest of them there was a rocket defender in their face contesting the shot

KmB728
05-05-2009, 11:16 PM
It doesnt matter if they were open threes or not, the Rockets won...

beans439
05-05-2009, 11:22 PM
I'm sure he does nothing in practice either. :rolleyes:

He has a group of veteran leaders and everyone knows their role, he doesn't need to be on their ***. They have the best record in the west, and for no there is no real concern, it was one game. That being said the Rockets played great, and I think people will begin to see how great Yao is.

why would he not be? thats why hes on the sideline. if thats the case the lakers should add coaches wages to kobe fish and odoms contracts. they keep things somewhat in order on the court.

astrosmaniac
05-05-2009, 11:22 PM
The Lakers D sucked bad. How did they let mini me drive to the rim for layups. I know he his real quick and can blow by fish all night but where's the help D to put a body on him. I doubt its real hard to knock him off balance

at first they were coming over to help, but when they did that, brooks was passing it off to scola or yao or whoever they left to come help and then that person would have an open shot

astrosmaniac
05-05-2009, 11:27 PM

nope. the lakers only missed like 5 FTs. they only had 12 attempts before the intentional fouls started coming in to extend the game. if they made all their free throws (which i've only seen 1 team go perfect from the line in the playoffs) then they still would have lost

charlsdq7
05-05-2009, 11:28 PM
Great Houston DFENSE

FOBolous
05-05-2009, 11:46 PM
I said what I said because of your posts like this. Hypocrite.

oh no..the hypocrite just called me a hypocrite. I think I'm going to go cry now :laugh2:

admit it man..no matter how you try to spin it...the Lakers lost because they got outplayed. It's not because the refs...it's not because of Stern :rolleyes:..and it's not because of all the ifs you brough up...there's just as many IFs for Houston also. It's because the Lakers got outplayed. end of story. so stop being a sore loser. seriously...you got to be the biggest sore loser on the forum. No other fan tries as hard as you to take away credit from the other team. When the Rockets lost to the blazers...the Rockets fan didn't go around crying about refs or conspiracies...when the Blazers lost to Houston, their fans didn't do that either...nor did Utah fans. so please...grow up and stop being a sore loser.

as you LA fans like to say...only losers whine about officiating.

tr4shb0t
05-05-2009, 11:57 PM
oh no..the hypocrite just called me a hypocrite. I think I'm going to go cry now :laugh2:

admit it man..no matter how you try to spin it...the Lakers lost because they got outplayed. It's not because the refs...it's not because of Stern :rolleyes:..and it's not because of all the ifs you brough up...there's just as many IFs for Houston also. It's because the Lakers got outplayed. end of story. so stop being a sore loser. seriously...you got to be the biggest sore loser on the forum. No other fan tries as hard as you to take away credit from the other team. When the Rockets lost to the blazers...the Rockets fan didn't go around crying about refs or conspiracies...when the Blazers lost to Houston, their fans didn't do that either...nor did Utah fans. so please...grow up and stop being a sore loser.

as you LA fans like to say...only losers whine about officiating.

hey kid how old are you? grow up. I'm not going to waste my time to argue with some child who puts words in other peoples' mouths. You are a stubborn troll. Enjoy your life.

Havoc Wreaker
05-06-2009, 12:02 AM
Why The Lakers Lost....Becuase Houston Won :p

FOBolous
05-06-2009, 12:05 AM
hey kid how old are you? grow up. I'm not going to waste my time to argue with some child who puts words in other peoples' mouths. You are a stubborn troll. Enjoy your life.

ahahaha...awww did I hurt you feelings? i'm sorry :(

did the guy who fabricated a whole bunch of stories as to why the Lakers lost and refused to admit his team got out played even though it's obvious to the whole world (other than homer LA fans) that they got out played just asked me how old I am? oh no :laugh2:

still1ballin
05-06-2009, 12:19 AM

Wow! Did you come up with that all by yourself?:p

IRUAM #21
05-06-2009, 12:21 AM

Amazing :worthy:

Vinny642
05-06-2009, 12:29 AM
Amazing :worthy:

LOL If they had Blount they woulda won though.

IRUAM #21
05-06-2009, 12:30 AM

I know :pity:

J$mo0th_3o5
05-06-2009, 12:31 AM

Exactly. That's why I said fire Spo we all know if he would give Blount some playing time we would've beat the Hawks and gone all the way to win it all.

J$mo0th_3o5
05-06-2009, 12:33 AM
And to answer the question to this thread is cuz they simply suck!!!

Naw jk don't eat me alive now.

still1ballin
05-06-2009, 12:39 AM
I know :pity:

your sig:cry:

:mad:

IRUAM #21
05-06-2009, 12:50 AM
your sig:cry:

:mad:

Sorry :o

pippsux
05-06-2009, 05:44 AM
My sources tell me Kobe is feeling fine. He got some fluids and chicken soup and the refs :whistle: have assured Kobe that the two headed monster, Battier and Artest won't be allowed to muscle him. He battled the flu and it was the obvious reason why they lost. A healthy Kobe would never take 20-30 shots or more to win a game without trying set up teammates. Ok I tried but I couldn't help it, THAT WAS ALL :bs:

:laugh:

pippsux
05-06-2009, 05:50 AM
See, if there were a ton of Laker fans saying this, then you could bring this out. But I haven't even seen one Laker fan bring this up as why we lost. But good burn on nobody.

U know what this :rolleyes: means, right?

pippsux
05-06-2009, 05:54 AM

We are on the same team buddy, This :rolleyes: means sarcasm.

DaaBoTownSox
05-06-2009, 06:25 AM

Most people might say it's because Kobe had a sole throat.. :rolleyes:

Kidd>>>K-Mart
05-06-2009, 06:38 AM
Rockets in 5

azkarraga
05-06-2009, 07:42 AM
seems the lakers fans are starting to feel the pressure... lol

codes238
05-06-2009, 07:51 AM
i think people are really overreacting... the lakers played as bad as they could play and the rockets played as good as they could play and they still barely won... LA is gonna win game 2 and the series for that matter... i really really hope that im wrong...

stensley
05-06-2009, 08:24 AM

Actually the Lakers missed a lot of open shots( 2 for 18 from the 3) and a lot of free throws, that I don't think they will miss in game 2. Houston played great defense and the Lakers played terrible and yet there were still a chance to pull that game out. I expect Pau to play better, not like he just had butter popcorn before the game started. With Houston locking in on Kobe the rest of the team must step up:eyebrow:

Jezeble
05-06-2009, 10:46 AM
i think people are really overreacting... the lakers played as bad as they could play and the rockets played as good as they could play and they still barely won... LA is gonna win game 2 and the series for that matter... i really really hope that im wrong...

How can you be sure of that? I am quite sure the Lakers could play much worse. Just as I am sure the Rockets could play better. While the Rockets defense was decent, it was nowhere near stellar. Whenever the Lakers lose, you guys never give credit to the other team. Keep doing that, and see how long you last in these playoffs.:eyebrow:

Rocket_lover
05-06-2009, 12:43 PM
In stern we trust.

shut up please....this wasnt a fixed game...and the bos series wasnt either...bulls hit buzzard beaters...u cant plan them and the lakers jus missed open shots like every team in the nba does...they r human jus accept the rockets played better not that stern fixed it if thats wat ure sayin...if it isnt i apologize but this is wat i looks like

Jaji
05-06-2009, 12:49 PM
How can you be sure of that? I am quite sure the Lakers could play much worse. Just as I am sure the Rockets could play better. While the Rockets defense was decent, it was nowhere near stellar. Whenever the Lakers lose, you guys never give credit to the other team. Keep doing that, and see how long you last in these playoffs.:eyebrow:

In regards to your sig: the Bulls won 3 battles. However, they did in fact lose the war. 2009-2010 is a different war.

hockeypro68
05-06-2009, 01:14 PM
Lakers lose tonight and theyre in Deep sh1t. :pray: