PDA

View Full Version : NBA's Most Hated Team

MPScribbles
05-05-2009, 12:49 PM
To compliment the "how many fans from each team" thread, I thought it would be interesting to see which is the most hated team in the NBA. Maybe you hate a team because that is your team's rival or because of their fan base etc. What ever you reason I want to know which is the league's most hated team. Please, if you feel the need to post your reason, do so without being inflammatory. I really dislike having my threads closed.

IRUAM #21
05-05-2009, 12:52 PM
Heat are the most hated team on PSD.

what54!?
05-05-2009, 12:53 PM
Its either the lakers or the heat here just because they have a lot of homer fans

bahama0811
05-05-2009, 12:54 PM
I'd say the Lakers just because they've won so much. During the recent playoffs I'd say the Nuggs are up there with all the "Thuggets" comments.

IRUAM #21
05-05-2009, 12:54 PM
Its either the lakers or the heat here just because they have a lot of homer fans

People hate the Heat because we have Blount and people get jealous cuz they dont have him.

what54!?
05-05-2009, 12:55 PM
People hate the Heat because we have Blount and people get jealous cuz they dont have him.
:hi5:

Jonathan2323
05-05-2009, 12:57 PM
i hate the Bulls, especially prodigy I the most narrow minded Bulls fan.

JWalk126
05-05-2009, 12:59 PM
I don't really hate any team per say, but the fan-base I like the least is def the Lakers.... a part from couple of fans in this forum

MPScribbles
05-05-2009, 01:00 PM
Wow, sorry it took so long to finish the poll. I already have several responses. Please feel free to vote on the poll guys.
Thanx

DingleBerryDave
05-05-2009, 01:14 PM
The Celtics. With ESPN showing them non-stop, and the dirtiest players on earth in Rondo, Pierce, and the spineosaurus that is Kevin Garnett, they are quickly becoming the most hated team.

Jeremy5150
05-05-2009, 01:18 PM
The Lakers are like the Yankees. Overflushed with money, bloat, and did i say money? When they have a problem, they throw more and more money at it until it does away.

Both teams have the WORST fans in either sport. Lakers fans are too busy talking on their cell phones to watch a game, and usually leave by the end of the 3rd quarter. Yankees fans simply don't attend. Maybe if Steiny built a stadium entirely of luxury boxes, he could fill it.

king4day
I was gonna joke and put the Bucks, but then I thought better of it :)

Rocket_lover
i despise the over rated celtics

DingleBerryDave
05-05-2009, 01:20 PM
I was gonna joke and put the Bucks, but then I thought better of it :)

Hey that's a pretty big variety of locations in what I'm assuming as "your teams" up there in your avatar....

king4day
05-05-2009, 01:20 PM
The Lakers are like the Yankees. Overflushed with money, bloat, and did i say money? When they have a problem, they throw more and more money at it until it does away.

Both teams have the WORST fans in either sport. Lakers fans are too busy talking on their cell phones to watch a game, and usually leave by the end of the 3rd quarter. Yankees fans simply don't attend. Maybe if Steiny built a stadium entirely of luxury boxes, he could fill it.

Please explain?
Now keep in mind when you have a larger fan base, you are going to attract more bad fans as well as good ones.
So how do these teams have the WORST fan bases? Didn't the Caps fans squirt water at the Rangers coach? Why didn't you mention them?

Big Zo
05-05-2009, 01:26 PM
I hate too many to pick one: Knicks, Lakers, Bulls, Celtics, Magic, Suns, Pacers, Cavs, Mavs, and Pistons.

superkegger
05-05-2009, 01:28 PM
Lakers are the most widely hated.

NYY 26 to 7
05-05-2009, 01:30 PM

Why to bring baseball into it...If you ever went to Yankee Stadium before it became too expensive to go you would know we have one of the most passionate fan bases in any sport and there is NO comparision to Laker fans. I like that you make misguided biased and extremely shortsighted claims though... So because the fans that used to fill the stadium were priced out this year, this makes Yankee fans bad fans? Ok. This guy is a clown.

king4day
05-05-2009, 01:32 PM
Hey that's a pretty big variety of locations in what I'm assuming as "your teams" up there in your avatar....

Outside of the Yanks, each have their own unique story behind them.

MPScribbles
05-05-2009, 01:33 PM
For me it is the Lakers

At different times I would have said the Knicks or Pistons. I realized that it was the Lakers when they played Detroit in the finals and I was completely pulling for Detroit. So many LA fans expect them to be great and when they are not they usually act like they are anyway. The fans are pretty spoiled, like Duke or Ohio State football, and just get on my nerves. Please don't respond to that, fans of those teams- I am not referring to you, I am referring to the ones that I have encountered in the real world. I also have a problem with bandwagon fans of which the Lakers, as with any very successful team, have a lot. Kobe rubs me the wrong way also because of how he tries to be, not emulate but be, MJ. My friend back home is a really obnoxious Lakers fan and I'm sure that plays into this opinion too.

ElToro
05-05-2009, 01:36 PM
I hated the Knicks during His Airness' era. I would accept my Bulls losing to any of the other teams in the NBA, but I lose sleep if they lost to the Knicks.

Seventh King
05-05-2009, 01:40 PM
Knicks...S.O.S...4-ever.

superkegger
05-05-2009, 01:59 PM
Heat are the most hated team on PSD.

Not even close. At highest, they're 3rd most hated. Lakers and Celtics are the two teams everybody loves to hate.

nyanks79
05-05-2009, 02:02 PM
Yea i agree with Lakers and Celtics, but once the Knicks are good again they will be def up there with the Lakers.

still1ballin
05-05-2009, 02:07 PM
Lakers.

So hated, yet so loved.

IRUAM #21
05-05-2009, 02:12 PM
Goddamn it superkegger :(

superkegger
05-05-2009, 02:15 PM
:laugh2:

I don't really hate any team. My only resentment of Miami comes form a specific few mouthy fans, whom I'll refrain from mentioning.

Naturally I'm not fond of Boston, but I don't hate them, I respect them as an opponent, and want to beat them. I hate losing to them, but I don't hate them, except for Eddie House, that guy is a scrub.

IRUAM #21
05-05-2009, 02:16 PM

I don't really hate any team. My only resentment of Miami comes form a specific few mouthy fans, whom I'll refrain from mentioning.

Naturally I'm not fond of Boston, but I don't hate them, I respect them as an opponent, and want to beat them. I hate losing to them, but I don't hate them, except for Eddie House, that guy is a scrub.

I know Man, we have some annoying posters on this forum :mad:

LanceUpperCut
05-05-2009, 02:18 PM
For me it has to be the Celtics ,funny thing is I like Paul and Ray ray but I just hate ****ing Garnett that much.It use to be the Spurs just cause they were to good and boring to watch.

29$JerZ
05-05-2009, 02:23 PM
Greatly dislike the fans of the Celtics. I just don';t like the Bulls and Nets.
Mainly because I'm a Knick fan.

J-Relo
05-05-2009, 02:24 PM
I guess it's C'...

why? hmm... i like Ray Allen, but i don't like the characters that KG, PP are... plus they have such a players like Marbury...

masalex1205
05-05-2009, 02:26 PM
lol. Timberwolves? seriously?

superkegger
05-05-2009, 02:37 PM
the spurs have 2 votes? and the wizards a vote?

what54!?
05-05-2009, 02:41 PM
the spurs have 2 votes? and the wizards a vote?I think 2 people hate the spurs because they are winners and the style they play.

As for the wizards idk a cavs fan? :shrug:

soundjunkies2
05-05-2009, 02:53 PM
I'm guessing the Lakers..they always win.

superkegger
05-05-2009, 02:55 PM
And why hate the clippers? If anything everyone should like the clippers for taking on bad contracts and being bad and providing wins for everyone else.

Game_Over
05-05-2009, 02:57 PM
I think 2 people hate the spurs because they are winners and the style they play.

As for the wizards idk a cavs fan? :shrug:

I hate the Spurs cause of Ginobli, not so much lately but that flopper should have played soccer..

dandman1021
05-05-2009, 03:31 PM
i really dont hate ant team on here....but i put the Knicks cause of the old rivelry...why can't that refuel itself

dandman1021
05-05-2009, 03:33 PM
........i have a feeling this thread is gonna cause soem arguements

MPScribbles
05-05-2009, 03:47 PM
........i have a feeling this thread is gonna cause soem arguements

It hasn't so far and as long as people keep it respectful, both of other's teams and of other's right to have an opinion, it shouldn't. I am pretty happy at the way this has progressed too far with people not feeling the need to defend their team. I am very surprised though that it is so lopsided. Aren't there enough rivalries in the NBA to make this thing a little more competitive?

dandman1021
05-05-2009, 03:50 PM
yeah but there are the fans that get very argumentive...i hope it doesnt get to that

Vinny642
05-05-2009, 03:50 PM
To me its either Celtics or Lakers, but the most hated for me is the Celtics but i voted Lakers :shrug:

Ov Skin "21"
05-05-2009, 03:58 PM
The C's should have more haters because we have the most championship banners by a long stretch. So come everyone we are looking for new haters everyday.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
05-05-2009, 03:59 PM
Lakers are the most loved and the most hated.

TYoung21
05-05-2009, 04:11 PM
lol who voted for the TWolves??

LakersKB24
05-05-2009, 04:15 PM
Lakers are the most loved and the most hated.

Yep, that's it! And it's always like this. The most loved teams also are the most hated. Either you love 'em or you hate 'em.
I personally hate the Celtics most... The reason should be pretty obvious.

Joshtd1
05-05-2009, 04:15 PM
Im surprised Spurs only have 3 votes. Mainly because I would always see people talking **** about them, about how they are too boring, and how they are a dirty team, and cheaters, etc..

I dont really hate any teams just to hate them..it was always when a rivalry was made for us I would hate them for the time being (Lakers/Mavs/Suns) .

Vinny642
05-05-2009, 04:16 PM
lol who voted for the TWolves??

shanefitzgerald

that guy

superkegger
05-05-2009, 04:19 PM
Im surprised Spurs only have 3 votes. Mainly because I would always see people talking **** about them, about how they are too boring, and how they are a dirty team, and cheaters, etc..

I dont really hate any teams just to hate them..it was always when a rivalry was made for us I would hate them for the time being (Lakers/Mavs/Suns) .

People do hate the spurs, just hate the Lakers more.

Vinny642
05-05-2009, 04:24 PM
Spurs are up there for me but not over Lakers or Celtics

Big Game Son
05-05-2009, 04:47 PM
LA Lakers. Simply put - whining and lack of camaraderie in the game. I respect em and actually love the team they have. But they obviously have team issues person wise and Kobe needs to realize that he has an amazing roster and USE IT. SOme argue he does...but when u compare the LA - Cleveland situation....u realize LA's is misutilized by 'some' people.

MiamiHeat
05-05-2009, 04:53 PM
lol how shocking that superkegger voted for the heat :)

I hate the Hawks, Bulls, Knicks, Cavs

tdunk21
05-05-2009, 04:56 PM
voting shows lot of "love" for celtics(27) and lakers (28)

i wish there was an option which said lakers and celtics...but i hate celtics more than lakers...

superkegger
05-05-2009, 04:59 PM
Celtics have a lead atm by 1 on the Lakers. without looking, I'd be a lot of those votes have come from upset bulls fans.

tdunk21
05-05-2009, 05:01 PM
does evryone hate celtics coz of the big three...i personally hate them for that...dont know about evryone

BTownTeamsRKing
05-05-2009, 05:06 PM
Celtics beat the Lakers again. 31-29

IRUAM #21
05-05-2009, 05:12 PM
does evryone hate celtics coz of the big three...i personally hate them for that...dont know about evryone

I think everybody just hates KG :shrug:

EX-TREME
05-05-2009, 05:13 PM
boston celtics

superkegger
05-05-2009, 05:22 PM
It wouldn't surprise me to see Boston take the poll, since they have LA fans hating them, and Chicago fans hating them, which are the 2 biggest fan bases in the NBA forum according to the other poll.

Afridi786
05-05-2009, 05:44 PM
Y do the Heat hate the Bulls? Is it because of the team, the players, or the posters in this forum? Or is it because the Bulls Dynasty knocked them out in the 97 conference finals or the sweep after the Heat won their first title, or because we got Rose? I don't hate the Heat, just the Heat fans....but this isn't asking which fans you hate the most. So I voted for the C's, I hate every player on that team except Ray Allen, the only true class act.

IRUAM #21
05-05-2009, 05:49 PM
Y do the Heat hate the Bulls? Is it because of the team, the players, or the posters in this forum? Or is it because the Bulls Dynasty knocked them out in the 97 conference finals or the sweep after the Heat won their first title, or because we got Rose? I don't hate the Heat, just the Heat fans....but this isn't asking which fans you hate the most. So I voted for the C's, I hate every player on that team except Ray Allen, the only true class act.

I have no clue, Im a Heat fan and i dont hate the Bulls. I think some guys just find some posters annoying.

Goon.Weezy
05-05-2009, 06:04 PM
boston... ****ing hate KG PP and rondo

superkegger
05-05-2009, 06:13 PM
I can see the reason behind the bulls-heat tension. The playoff sweep a couple years back, wade being from chicago, and the somewhat regular talk of wade going there in 2010

superkegger
05-05-2009, 06:13 PM
Kinda surprised by the detroit hate, a lil bit anyway

j-mart
05-05-2009, 06:18 PM
Hard to pick just one...Knicks were tempting but had to go with Boston.

MPScribbles
05-05-2009, 06:28 PM
Hard to pick just one...Knicks were tempting but had to go with Boston.

You're right. If I had thought about that I would have made it a poll that would allow people to pick several. Either way we would still end up with the team that is most hated and that way we would have an accurate ranking of who else is disliked. I think it's too late to change it but I'll look.

Big E
05-05-2009, 06:31 PM
As a Bulls fan so I'm obligated to say the Celtics after that crazy series. I would usually put the Knicks but I forgot about them because of how irrelevent they've become.

DLeeicious
05-05-2009, 06:40 PM
It's always been the Piston's and the Knicks for myself as a Bulls fan. The past few years Miami crept up there but mostly because of Posey. It's hard to hate the Players on Miami right now, I do not like some Miami fans on this site but that's besides the point.

However, this recent series with Boston really opened my eyes to the way they play, and the things they expect to go their way in games. From Pierces arrogance to Perkins loud mouth to the media, to Rondo's over the top consequence free fouls, to KG acting like an animal in a classless matter on the sidelines of all places, it's been made very easy to hate the Celtics so that's my pick.

Jay22Redd
05-05-2009, 06:41 PM
San Antonio. I would like them to make history and go 0-82.

LayZbone
05-05-2009, 06:51 PM
I don't hate any team. There's been plenty of teams that I've hated in the past because of rivalries, like the Pistons/Mavericks/Knicks/Bulls/Pacers. But it's hard to hate those teams now. The Pistons core seems to be fizzling out. As for the Mavs, those Finals were 3 years ago and I hold nothing against them now (still hate Mark Cuban tho). The Knicks and Pacers have had past success against us, but a lot of those main players that I hated are gone from each team.

I've actually grown to like the Bulls. I enjoy the small rivalry we've got going on. Rose is a beast, and I was really pulling for them this year. Obviously I'm not too hot on the Hawks right now. I don't think i hate them though....just Josh Smith and the fans.

still1ballin
05-05-2009, 08:29 PM
Wow, I am a bit shocked by the results. 51 - 40 Boston lead....I thought Lakers were the most hated hands down.

superkegger
05-05-2009, 08:36 PM
Wow, I am a bit shocked by the results. 51 - 40 Boston lead....I thought Lakers were the most hated hands down.

As I said earlier, Boston doesn't have as many fans on PSD, who would vote Lakers, and a lot of Laker fans vote Celtics, as well as Bulls fans. And as we've seen in the other thread, LA and Boston are two of the most active and biggest fan bases on PSD at the moment, so it makes sense.

Scoot26
05-05-2009, 08:43 PM
As I said earlier, Boston doesn't have as many fans on PSD, who would vote Lakers, and a lot of Laker fans vote Celtics, as well as Bulls fans. And as we've seen in the other thread, LA and Boston are two of the most active and biggest fan bases on PSD at the moment, so it makes sense.

Correct, alot of Bulls fans just recently started to hate the Celtics too. I for one do not like this current Celtics team (I didnt like them before the Bulls-Celtics playoff series), but I have liked their past teams. I currently like this Lakers team, hated the Shaq/Kobe team though.

tsb77
05-05-2009, 08:53 PM
hate every player on that team except Ray Allen, the only true class act.

Oh, the irony of the kid with the Noah avatar and sig talking about classless players.

Ironman5219
05-05-2009, 09:07 PM
3) Nuggest- dirty players
2) Celtics
1) Lakers
Lakers and Celtics because they have to much national media love and ref love on the court

andybauer91
05-05-2009, 09:14 PM
i friecken hate boston
the fans NEVER attended games and booed their ***** and Doc when they sucked and suddenly they come to games and call Doc the best coach since baseketball was uckin createddd :mad:

KG thinks hes hot **** now that he wins a championship after wastiing years takin a team to nowhere

paul pierce is an arrogant dbag

rondo is SOOOOO overraatedddddd the kid cannot shoot for shittttt

Ray Ray is a class act...i luv him..he really defines a tru good player

yeah so boston other than Ray ****KKKKK UUUUU!!!

andybauer91
05-05-2009, 09:16 PM
and i dont understand why the lakers are hated at even tho im a passionate Knickss Fan

the lakers deserve to win it this year.... i cant believe im sayin it but its tru

but the knicks have a great fan base

we may be irrelevant but our fans to all of our games

unlike BOSTON WHEN THEY SUCKKKED BALLZZZ

sanfranfan1210
05-05-2009, 09:22 PM
I hate the lakers

jim51990
05-05-2009, 09:29 PM
being a celtics fan im born to hate the lakers and their fans but i think its time we unite and enjoy how our teams are hated cuz where better then all the rest

smith&wesson
05-05-2009, 09:30 PM
one team i cant stand is san antonio... they are just boaring, tim duncan is great player no doubt but he is also a yawn and arguably the most boaring superstar to ever play the game.

They keep duncan, parker, and ginobley and they sign whatever free agent is available EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

and when it doesnt work they release them and sign a new bag of vet free agents..
they have no identity,

staudamire,
thomas,
finley,
berry,
gooden,
horry,

the list goes on and on, but i think you get the point. they just dont solidify a consistant line up, its like every year theyre roster changes yet stays the exact same way lol ....

And when ever they make the finals, the nba always has low ratings and views ... ball fans do not want to see this boaring team in the finals, no one ever cares if they win accept the half full stadium fans in attendance. a team thats that good should have more fan base and suport.. they just all around doo doo to watch.

thedfactor
05-05-2009, 09:34 PM
this could have just been titled who is hated more, the celtics or lakers

dee279
05-05-2009, 09:36 PM

BIg smoke dat Blount!!!! U know everyone Hates on the Heat because of him. 150 points a game, 30 rebounds, 20 blocks, 10 steals, 70% from the field, 100% from 3 point range, and no assist just because he dont need to pass because he can do everything his self.. Blount is just amazing. But anyway, On a realistic note, It has to be the Lakers, and Celtics because they have big fan bases and many championships. Im a Heat FAN doe so if yall wanna hate on the Heat go head!

Discr3t
05-05-2009, 10:07 PM
Cleveland. I hate Queen James and all the BS fouls that he receives and how much the NBA loves him. Also I hate the bulls. they have a lot of arrogant fans and Noah makes me want to kill babies .

Duncan = Donkey
05-05-2009, 10:09 PM
this was a close choice for me between the spurs and lakers, but i went with the lakers

superkegger
05-05-2009, 10:13 PM
Hey, the spurs finally hit double digits.

pd7631
05-05-2009, 10:32 PM
my top 5 most hated teams, in no particular order

Celtics
Lakers
Nuggets
Pistons
Heat

superkegger
05-05-2009, 10:34 PM
my top 5 most hated teams, in no particular order

Celtics
Lakers
Nuggets
Pistons
Heat

Why the Nuggets?

chitownbulls
05-05-2009, 11:12 PM
The C's should have more haters because we have the most championship banners by a long stretch. So come everyone we are looking for new haters everyday.

The C's have the most haters cuz they are classless.

pd7631
05-05-2009, 11:20 PM
Why the Nuggets?

I hate Chauncey Billups....he's great player and all, but I just can't stand him, and I think he's overrated. Everyone thinks that he's so much more of an effecient player over AI when the fact is that he's not....

I'll just throw the playoff numbers out there, because AI's numbers are far superior in the regular season but everyone says look at the playoff stats, so here they are:

Chauncey Billups--------------------Allen Iverson

17.4 ppg------------------------------------------------29.7 ppg
5.8 apg-------------------------------------------------6 apg
3.5 rpg--------------------------------------------------3.8 rpg
40% from the field---------------------------------------40% from the field
19.3 PER------------------------------------------------21.2 PER

Kenyon Martin is just a dirty player.

George Karl is the biggest slob of a coach ever. I couldn't stand him when he was coaching the Bucks against the Sixers in the 2001 ECF. And last year everyone was saying how horrible a coach he was and how uninterested he seemed to be in preaching defense to the team....

Direct quote from my 08-09 NBA Preview edition of Sports Illustrated, "If you go scout a game it doesn't look like George Karl is into coaching his team. He's not taking timeouts at key times, he's letting guys go, he's doing nothing with X's and O's at the defensive end..."

And yet everyone says that it's AI's fault that the Nuggets played no defense last year.

Guess what, on the Sixers a coach by the name of Larry Brown actually told his team to play defense and the Sixers went all the way to the Finals with Allen Iverson.

Is it AI's fault that George Karl was too lazy to try and coach the team?

That's why I hate the Nuggets

Testaverde16
05-05-2009, 11:28 PM
no one on the celtics is really a good person (except maybe Scals). They're all just cocky bastards who disrespect the game and think their **** doesnt stink.... they should be the most hated, and Lakers probably 2nd because you either love Kobe or hate Kobe and it seems like most hate now for whatever reason.

charlsdq7
05-05-2009, 11:29 PM
Knicks or Lakers

Super.
05-06-2009, 07:38 AM
Do i need to change my sig to the offical drink of everyone but the Celtics?

jesus people sure do whine alot

and it looks like people are jealous. Just keep hating winners eh?

J-Relo
05-06-2009, 07:50 AM

you are doing really well without KG < sarcasm...

and the main thing is not hating winners, but hating players who win sometimes but then think that they're the best ... PP example... and that they can do whatever they want (KG)

Faneik
05-06-2009, 07:50 AM

So true...

I remember the Spurs' being the most hated them in these boards...

They were boring...

They were dirty...

Now it's the Celtics...

Pierce is a faker...

Garnett picks on guards...

Success leads to haters. It's just how sports and human nature are.