PDA

View Full Version : Kobe misses practice with sore throat, listed day-to-day. Seriously?

MPScribbles
05-04-2009, 02:44 PM
This is listed on NBA.com under headlines. Is this guy so desperate to be like Jordan that he would actually play up a sore throat just to get the accolades that come from playing through and ailment?

http://my.nba.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5800024133

Hawkeye15
05-04-2009, 02:45 PM
in before it closes!

Afridi786
05-04-2009, 02:45 PM
Out with a sore throat, lmao.

JayW_1023
05-04-2009, 02:46 PM
Swine flu?

Jonathan2323
05-04-2009, 02:47 PM
:shrug:

bahama0811
05-04-2009, 02:47 PM
IDK but I'd assume Kobe could play through a sore throat. I'd hope so at least.

Hawkeye15
05-04-2009, 02:49 PM
dude has been playing with a f'ed up ligament in his shooting hand for like 2 years. I think he can handle a boo boo in his throat.

IRUAM #21
05-04-2009, 02:50 PM
He will play.

S.J.Basketball
05-04-2009, 03:00 PM
I love Jordan. To this day I still have Jordan posters and all kinds of Jordan stuff

Nevermind. This obviously explains it. No Kobe isn't trying to be like your boyfriend Jordan.

JayW_1023
05-04-2009, 03:05 PM
Next time someone posts an article or news please without the obnoxious bias. Threads that announce NBA news aren't supposed to be closed because of constant baiting and insolent prattle. Nothing wrong with maintaining some objectivity here and there.

Bah.

Spurred1
05-04-2009, 03:06 PM
Wasn't there already a thread about this? I'm sure he'll be fine for tonight.

KmB728
05-04-2009, 03:09 PM
*End of Pierce wheel chair jokes*

cantstopthee
05-04-2009, 03:14 PM
when your breathing heavy a sore throat can hinder you a ton.

its not that bad.

KOBE = GOD?

that will make this interesting

tr4shb0t
05-04-2009, 03:18 PM
Word probably just got out he had a sore throat and the media will blow up anything. Why would Kobe make this up when playing the Rockets? It's laughable.

edit: removed generic Paul Pierce joke.

JayW_1023
05-04-2009, 03:20 PM
It won't beat the conspiracy theories about the hamburger that got Steak-with-Beans Bryant sick in that Sacramento hotel.

championships
05-04-2009, 03:25 PM
*End of Pierce wheel chair jokes*

You wish. He will never hear the end of that ****

championships
05-04-2009, 03:30 PM
I just wish that Adelman would actually fall for this BS.

KmB728
05-04-2009, 03:36 PM
You wish. He will never hear the end of that ****

Skipping practice because of a sore throat is far worse, than being pushed off the court in a wheel chair...

fast_break
05-04-2009, 03:39 PM
Skipping practice because of a sore throat is far worse, than being pushed off the court in a wheel chair...

haha, no its not :D

he's sick so he prolly just wants to save his strength for game1

charlsdq7
05-04-2009, 03:40 PM
lol hell play

championships
05-04-2009, 03:43 PM

I don't know crying:cry: in front of 20,000+ getting wheeled off the court, and then come back 10 minutes later, running up and down the court. Must not of hurt that bad. Im sure you called in to work afew times for being sick. He won't miss the game. In the famous words of allen iverson "Its Practice not a game but practice".

Wilson
05-04-2009, 03:47 PM
:rolleyes: I don't think this has anything to do with Kobe trying to be like Michael Jordan...

Like someone said, it's probably more about saving his strength for game one. He's going to play.

Wilson
05-04-2009, 03:47 PM
Just so you know, that's flaming/baiting.:no: Read the rule page.

I didn't say that he wouldn't play I just can't believe that this even qualifies as news.

So why'd you start a thread about it then?

superkegger
05-04-2009, 03:49 PM
It's Swine Flu for sure. He's probably going to die.

Bullsfan22
05-04-2009, 03:53 PM

no the wheel chair moment is worst by FAR then coming out skipping just makes it out of this WORLDD!

Wilson
05-04-2009, 03:53 PM
There's always superkegger to cheer us all up if we're feeling glum :D

Bullsfan22
05-04-2009, 03:55 PM
Think thats funny you stupid douche bag!!! People do die of swine flu so stfu you ignorant 15 year old born in butter!

WHOA! soulja boy! lmao bringing out the douches OuWWWWwwW.

JayW_1023
05-04-2009, 03:57 PM
Think thats funny you stupid douche bag!!! People do die of swine flu so stfu you ignorant 15 year old born in butter!

I think it's funny that you find it funny. Even with the biggest tragedies in human history people joke about it eventually. Sometimes humor is a great way to find resolve.

Besides, if Kobe scores 62 in Artests grill in three quarters it'll forever be known as his 'swine flu game' :nod:

superkegger
05-04-2009, 03:58 PM

Guess jokes are no longer allowed huh? I guess making a joke about how vastly overblown this "epidemic" of swine flu has gotten just isn't funny. How could I be so insensitive to something people die from. I guess we can't make jokes about just about anything then can we. We should just throw out humor all together, because someone's feelings could get hurt. Grow a pair man.

fredv
05-04-2009, 03:58 PM
WHOA! soulja boy! lmao bringing out the douches OuWWWWwwW.

Yeah its the only thing that doesn't get star'd on this forum. Btw your kind of ignorant also. Do you make fun of people who have aids? same thing

fredv
05-04-2009, 04:01 PM
Guess jokes are no longer allowed huh? I guess making a joke about how vastly overblown this "epidemic" of swine flu has gotten just isn't funny. How could I be so insensitive to something people die from. I guess we can't make jokes about just about anything then can we. We should just throw out humor all together, because someone's feelings could get hurt. Grow a pair man.

Don't be so extreme. I just think its wrong to laugh at something people die from. Even if its a joke.
And if my advice on this kobe throught thing coun't, I think he is a child for missing practice with a sore througt(or however you spell that).

Bullsfan22
05-04-2009, 04:02 PM
I think it's funny that you find it funny. Even with the biggest tragedies in human history people joke about it eventually. Sometimes humor is a great way to find resolve.

Besides, if Kobe scores 62 in Artests grill in three quarters it'll forever be known as his 'swine flu game' :nod:

haha, kobe says in a raspy sick voice to lamar after a laker time out: "Come here let me lean on your shoulderrr soo i cann make it to the benchh /likee ohhh ahhh likee likee mj did with scottiee."

I'd die of laughter to see that. it was a joke btw for people that cant take them im sorry.

Teeboy1487
05-04-2009, 04:03 PM
Are you kidding me? Paul Pierce acted like his leg came off and then came running back on the court. Nothing will ever top that. Kobe will play. The media is blowing it out of proportion because of the H1N1 virus.

Vidball
05-04-2009, 04:03 PM

Don't be ignorant yourself...1 person has died in the U.S. w/the swine flu...over 100 a day die w/influenza. Swine flu is no big deal.

Anyways, its not uncommon for a player to miss practice due to "flu-like symptoms"...it's not uncommon for the media to blow it out of proportion as well. Nobody plans on him missing the game and nobody plans on anything less than a dominating outing from him.

Bullsfan22
05-04-2009, 04:04 PM
Yeah its the only thing that doesn't get star'd on this forum. Btw your kind of ignorant also. Do you make fun of people who have aids? same thing

no i don't make fun of people at all, iv'e been through a lot myself but refrain to be up tight about anything on a sports forum of all places.

superkegger
05-04-2009, 04:08 PM
Don't be so extreme. I just think its wrong to laugh at something people die from. Even if its a joke.
And if my advice on this kobe throught thing coun't, I think he is a child for missing practice with a sore througt(or however you spell that).

Well that's your place then. I don't take life that seriously, because in the end, you don't get out alive. Life is too long to take serious.

BTW, it's spelled throat. Don't call people ignorant if you can't even spell throat.

He missed practice. This isn't news. Players miss practice with minor ailments all the freaking time.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
05-04-2009, 04:09 PM
that foo problley has that hog diseas!

still1ballin
05-04-2009, 04:16 PM
:sigh:

JayW_1023
05-04-2009, 04:18 PM
that foo problley has that hog diseas!

Nice insight...a little overdue maybe. You saw the title of the thread and suddenly it hit you, am I right?

:cheers:

king4day
05-04-2009, 04:32 PM
I don't think it was Kobe who made this public. LA has so much media that it coulda been a hang nail and it woulda been made public...

In Kobe's words: "I have a hang nail, I better go clip it, brb".

Media's spin: "Kobe leave practice due to hang nail. May be career threatening"

Wilson
05-04-2009, 04:33 PM

It's not childish to miss a practice with a bad throat. If it means he can preserve more strength for the game, then it really isn't a big issue. Kobe's one of the hardest working guys in the league, he isn't a child for missing one practice...:rolleyes:

Spurred1
05-04-2009, 04:38 PM

The one person who died in the U.S. was a baby from Mexico-haven't had any fatal "homegrown" cases here. Mexico is being hit the hardest.
But this swine flu thing is being blown way out of proportion-the regular flu and pneumonia is much more of a worry. This sore throat thing could just be strep, for God's sake. Or his tonsils are swollen with pus and are about to burst. Regardless, he'll play.
And people make jokes about everything-it is a way to cope with stress at times. Come on, lighten up. :D

JordansBulls
05-04-2009, 05:01 PM
Guys you have to watch how you start threads when it involves news from the league.