PDA

View Full Version : What do you expect from Fran Vazquz?

Hellcrooner
05-03-2009, 10:35 PM
He is ready to go and Sign his contract with Orlando, eh is polishing up the buy out of his last season what do you expect from him?

He can Play PF and C and its mainly a DEFENSE First Dude.

magicbucs4eva
05-03-2009, 10:56 PM
how did u find this out?

Hellcrooner
05-03-2009, 11:08 PM
I live here in spain so i read newspapers.

He has stated many times this year he plans into going to the Nba for next season.

I think it may be a good thing, he is nothing spectacular but is some kind of pJbrownesque enforcerer that could help Howard inside and allow Lewis to play his real SF position.

JNore151
05-03-2009, 11:24 PM
ive been waiting for this dude....we could really use his toughness inside....plus hes an experinced pro.....i think he'll be a great fit as well, we got other international players, foyle, mp, gortat, hedo

PennyMy#1
05-04-2009, 09:37 AM
I saw him play, two days ago. Or was it three ? With Barcelona in the Final Four of the Euroleague versus Olympiakos Piräus (the team Josh Childress and Jannero Pargo play). Not the first time I saw him. I knew Gortat from Europe too, before he went to the Magic, so: I say, he's not on the level like Gortat. I don't see him being a factor for us. He's on the bench at Barcelona and doesn't get a lot of plays. He has no offensive influence and a solid, average defense. He played about 12 mins to get 3 points and 5 rebounds. I don't know where this guy should help us ? He can be a cheap backup, maybe for a few mpg, if we have to let Gortat walk ... I only see us getting him, because we picked him already, not because the FO has a lot of hope in him.

To me, he's like the next James Augustine.

Fran Vazqeuz Numbers:

Regular Season
17 mpg. 7 ppg with 65% FT 52% 4.2 rpg. Steal and Assists 0.7

And as I said above, during Final Four he got way less mins. He's still young, but for now, I don't see him proving me wrong ... as his coach in Barcelona wasn't trusting in him either.

PennyMy#1
05-04-2009, 09:37 AM
I saw him play, two days ago. Or was it three ? With Barcelona in the Final Four of the Euroleague versus Olympiakos Piräus (the team Josh Childress and Jannero Pargo play). Not the first time I saw him. I knew Gortat from Europe too, before he went to the Magic, so: I say, he's not on the level like Gortat. I don't see him being a factor for us. He's on the bench at Barcelona and doesn't get a lot of plays. He has no offensive influence and a solid, average defense. He played about 12 mins to get 3 points and 5 rebounds. I don't know where this guy should help us ? He can be a cheap backup, maybe for a few mpg, if we have to let Gortat walk ... I only see us getting him, because we picked him already, not because the FO has a lot of hope in him.

To me, he's like the next James Augustine.

Fran Vazqeuz Numbers:

Regular Season
17 mpg. 7 ppg with 65% FT 52% 4.2 rpg. Steal and Assists 0.7

And as I said above, during Final Four he got way less mins. He's still young, but for now, I don't see him proving me wrong ... as his coach in Barcelona wasn't trusting in him either. So expect nothing ...

MagicBucsSox
05-04-2009, 01:07 PM
JAMES AUGUSTINE? dude you should youutube fran, he is sick in the paint and can hit a shot. crazy dunks off the rim. if this is true next yr we gotta be the favs in the east.

Hellcrooner
05-04-2009, 05:25 PM
euro game stats canot be translated right on, rmeber matches are 40 minutes not 48 and coaches use 9-10 man full rotations instead of 7-8, coaches also distribute minutes A LOT between players, and dont do star plays, they distribute the ball a lot and look for the hot man or the open option

ragee
05-05-2009, 12:07 AM
He is ready to go and Sign his contract with Orlando, eh is polishing up the buy out of his last season what do you expect from him?

He can Play PF and C and its mainly a DEFENSE First Dude.

This is the first time I saw you in a magic thread... :D Hellcrooner, I don't know this guy... Is he good? Do you think he can be a good compliment to Dwight? Can he score?

Hellcrooner
05-05-2009, 01:02 AM
^I post wherever tehres a spaniard player, Vazquez will join the team this offseason ;).

He is..... worst than Pau, Marc Gasol , Rudy,Calderon Rubio or Garbajosa but better than Raul Lopez or Sergio Rodriguez ..... so more or les good.

Compliment Howard? most definetly since he can play both center and PF so Dwight can go on playign fake center or go back to his natural collega career PF position, in either case he will relief some rebounding and defending pressure from him he can also block and pass.

Can he score?.....yes in fiba game....in Nba he may be able too but he wont shot much specially given that if the ball is given inside to score it wil eb given to Howard.

If he starts int eh team and plays 30 mpg i expect some line like this 6-8 ppg on 60%Fg 8-10 Rpg 2 bpg.

PennyMy#1
05-05-2009, 05:37 AM
JAMES AUGUSTINE? dude you should youutube fran, he is sick in the paint and can hit a shot. crazy dunks off the rim. if this is true next yr we gotta be the favs in the east.

I can make you a youtube-video of Robert Traylor that makes you want to sign him ... Don't trust the tube, boy ... see him live. And if he would be such a force, he would play 25 to 35 mins as a starter for Barcelona ... not about 12 off the bench.

PennyMy#1
05-05-2009, 05:55 AM
^I post wherever tehres a spaniard player, Vazquez will join the team this offseason ;).

He is..... worst than Pau, Marc Gasol , Rudy,Calderon Rubio or Garbajosa but better than Raul Lopez or Sergio Rodriguez ..... so more or les good.

Compliment Howard? most definetly since he can play both center and PF so Dwight can go on playign fake center or go back to his natural collega career PF position, in either case he will relief some rebounding and defending pressure from him he can also block and pass.

Can he score?.....yes in fiba game....in Nba he may be able too but he wont shot much specially given that if the ball is given inside to score it wil eb given to Howard.

If he starts int eh team and plays 30 mpg i expect some line like this 6-8 ppg on 60%Fg 8-10 Rpg 2 bpg.

Nice to have you here. I'm from Europe too and know what you mean. But rotation and all that is the one thing. The other is, it's a fact that Vasquez is not even a starter. And in the most important Final Four game, the coach gave him less minutes. The gap between FIBA and NBA is there and for some players it's more or less big. Why didn't Fran came to Orlando when we picked him some time ago ? What you say about Fran Vasquez is pretty much the same, what I do. Except that you say it a bit nicer, because he's a spaniard :p

I mean, 30 NBA-minutes and 6-8 points plus 8-10 Rebounds is definitely not what we need from a starter to win the NBA. If he could do about 10 minutes and bring 6-8 points and 5-7 Rebounds and 1bpg ... that's maybe OK. But our starting PF (if it's not Shard) should be better. Simple as that. Look at Paul Millsap's numbers. He played about 30 mins. and is cheap and way better than Fran V.

You have it at the Lakers yourself, playing Bynum and Gasol ... That's quality ... and the Magic need something like that. The Magic would do better in acquiring a true and decent NBA-caliber PF by trading Lewis, or use Gortat more often next to Dwight and keep Shard. Try to get Paul Millsap !

I mean, we picked him, so get Fran if you still want to. I have no problem with him, he can prove me wrong, which would be cool. But, I see him playing one season, with very few trash minutes and going back to Europe. Or doing the Adonal-Foyle-job for us, for too much money ...

JNore151
05-05-2009, 08:56 PM
we took him b4 granger, so we should at least give him a shot....

Hellcrooner
05-06-2009, 12:21 AM
Nice to have you here. I'm from Europe too and know what you mean. But rotation and all that is the one thing. The other is, it's a fact that Vasquez is not even a starter. And in the most important Final Four game, the coach gave him less minutes. The gap between FIBA and NBA is there and for some players it's more or less big. Why didn't Fran came to Orlando when we picked him some time ago ? What you say about Fran Vasquez is pretty much the same, what I do. Except that you say it a bit nicer, because he's a spaniard :p

I mean, 30 NBA-minutes and 6-8 points plus 8-10 Rebounds is definitely not what we need from a starter to win the NBA. If he could do about 10 minutes and bring 6-8 points and 5-7 Rebounds and 1bpg ... that's maybe OK. But our starting PF (if it's not Shard) should be better. Simple as that. Look at Paul Millsap's numbers. He played about 30 mins. and is cheap and way better than Fran V.

You have it at the Lakers yourself, playing Bynum and Gasol ... That's quality ... and the Magic need something like that. The Magic would do better in acquiring a true and decent NBA-caliber PF by trading Lewis, or use Gortat more often next to Dwight and keep Shard. Try to get Paul Millsap !

I mean, we picked him, so get Fran if you still want to. I have no problem with him, he can prove me wrong, which would be cool. But, I see him playing one season, with very few trash minutes and going back to Europe. Or doing the Adonal-Foyle-job for us, for too much money ...

See? here is the prove that european basket way of thinking is wayyyyy differnet than NBA.

You say Fran is a Reserve in Spain.

Wich in a way is true since he starts the game in the bench.

BUT he is more important to teh team than at least two of the starters:

here you have:

http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idpublicacio_PK=44&idioma=CAS&idtipusrecurs_PK=7&idnoticia_PK=609752

Fran Vazquez ( and Navarro) are selected in the spanish regular season all.league 1st team.

PennyMy#1
05-06-2009, 06:41 AM
Don't get me wrong, but ... I wouldn't bash my countrymen, too. ;)

So, I can't speak spanish ... but your link does, so please if you bring in links that aren't english, feel free to translate it for us. My Google-translation (which is crap) told me that Vazquez is in that selection of players from the spanish league because he's one of the most effective guys, because he is about 65 to 70 % from the field for his 8 ppg. . I never said he's not important for Barca, but:

You asked in the thread "What do you EXPECT ..." so, I just gave you my answer, which still is my opinion and can only be changed by Fran himself. I expect nothing from him, because he's not bringing in great numbers for Barcelona, and which is more important, he's not bringing in any numbers that would help the Magic.

We have to talk about Fran as a Magic-player. What can he do for us ? Where can he improve us, support us or help our team ? Can he be factor to our team ?
And then, I look at his numbers and his appearances I have seen, and have to say ... highly unlikely. The guy is no starting option for us. You said it yourself, he's weaker then all the other spaniards in the NBA so why should I expect anything of him ? I wouldn't even bring him in, but we picked him ... so ...

jwaltner
05-06-2009, 01:25 PM
I pose one question. Fran WHO? I am reading what he does over seas. Well over seas is NOT the NBA. He doesnt even DO much over there. Less than 10 ppg....geez. Orlando needs a PF more along the mold of the PF we have NOW in Lewis. The Magic needs a PF who stretches the floor, being able to shoot the 3 ball, and opens up lanes for cutting. Not to mention it opens up the paint for D12. Orlando DOES NOT need a body that clogs up the middle, not saying Fran does. Maybe there was a reason Fran declined his contract...he KNOWS he cant play in the NBA. I mean why else would a basketball player want to deny a trip to the NBA? If he is a TRUE competitor, he would want to play in the NBA.