PDA

View Full Version : miller: Magic better w/o howard? joke of da year

MagicBucsSox
05-03-2009, 10:20 PM
what a weirdo to use this as an excuse to why his team had a game7 set up on a silver platter and FAILED

Andre Miller says Magic player told him they're better without Dwight
posted by Bschmitz on May 1, 2009 11:13:31 AM
Discuss This: Comments (24) | TrackBack (0) | Linking Blogs | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it
According to Sixers point guard Andre Miller, who must be hallucinating, the Magic play better without Dwight Howard.

Miller said after the Magic ousted the Sixers Thursday night without the suspended Howard that even a Magic player said so. So said Miller.

"They're actually better without Dwight Howard," Miller said. "One of their players told me that they were better without Dwight Howard. They said the ball moves quicker. They're not standing around a lot."

So, do the Magic bench Howard and then trade him?

Silly stuff.

Players tend to stand around when a big guy like Dwight or Shaq command the paint. But the Magic had to get some ball movement to win 59 games, right? OK, they were 2-1 without Howard this year, so they won only 57 games with him.

The Magic did take a 3-2 lead into Philly for Game 6 after Dwight had 24 points and 24 rebounds in Game 5.

Lakers oach Phil Jackson was asked recently on the Dan Patrick Show which player he'd take to start a franchise. Patrick assumed he'd say LeBron James. No, said Jackson, I'd take Dwight Howard.

Through the years, we've heard these same crazy debates: The Chicago Bulls stand around and watch Michael Jordan too much. Remember that?

Curious to know, though --- if Miller is telling the truth --- which Magic player said they were better off without Howard.

There might be an elbow waiting for him in the locker room.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2009/05/andre-miller-says-magic-player-told-him-theyre-better-without-dwight.html

superkegger
05-03-2009, 10:27 PM
Better withouth him, no. Will they at times have better overall team play without him, yes, because when you have no standout player, you are forced to rely on all of your parts, not just one. So in that sense, he has a small legitimate point, but they're not better without him.

pd7631
05-03-2009, 10:31 PM
If they do the same things with Howard in the lineup as they do with him out of the lineup than they'd be better.

There's no way they're a better team without him, they just don't play the way they should with him.

I've heard Magic fans say on PSD say that when Dwight has big games they lose or are in really tight games, and when Dwight doesn't have monster games the Magic play better.

pd7631
05-03-2009, 10:39 PM
I don't know why you're making Andre Miller out to be the bad guy with this statement though. According to the report Andre Miller heard from a player on the Magic that they play better without Dwight.

ramz.n
05-03-2009, 10:40 PM
maybe a better FT & 3PT shooting team :p

Catfish1314
05-03-2009, 10:47 PM
Offensively, through stretches, I'm sure they are. But Howard is a game changer on the glass and at the defensive end. Orlando would not be anywhere near where they are without him.

MoBASS
05-04-2009, 02:27 AM
I don't know why you're making Andre Miller out to be the bad guy with this statement though. According to the report Andre Miller heard from a player on the Magic that they play better without Dwight.

Nobody on the Magic would seriously say that to Andre Miller.

Miller is being a sore loser and making up ****... very disappointed to see him doing this.

borat
05-04-2009, 02:36 AM
Nobody on the Magic would seriously say that to Andre Miller.

Miller is being a sore loser and making up ****... very disappointed to see him doing this.

I think someone did say it, but said it in an obviously sarcastic manner.

Like, " Look what we're doing without Dwight, maybe we're better without him" Har Har.

I totally see this being a joke since Dwight basically carried them the whole year and enabled them to get the 3 seed.

SJSHARKIES
05-04-2009, 02:50 AM
No you don't bench Howard that's ********.

PennyMy#1
05-04-2009, 09:11 AM
Oh boy. The guy Andre Miller. I thought he was a good guy. Then he had those things with the 6ers. Not coming to last meeting or something like that. And now, he tries to force trouble in our team, by saying crap like that ?

I mean, better without Dwight ? Is that guy drunk ? We beat them without Dwight and without Jameer. That might have pissed him off, but ... do you guys really think a Magic player goes to Andre Miller, and talks like that ? NOW ? I can understand him, if he's a bad loser. Who's fine with losing ? But, talking the way like he did, shows weak character. And a discussion if the Magic are better without D12 is nonsense.

Dwight Howard IS the Orlando Magic. Hands down.

Trouble87
05-04-2009, 09:37 AM
Maybe whoever told Miller that just meant offensively better. Without Howard more fluent ball movement.

I'm sure whoever told Miller that didn't mean they're a flat out better team without Superman 2.0

EX-TREME
05-04-2009, 10:06 AM
i can see someone like rafer jj or rashard say some thing like that.

D-12 is heart and soul of our orlando magic. when a star player is out the rest of a team steps up.

J-Relo
05-04-2009, 12:39 PM
not MAGIC as a team , but maybe some players for sure... Gortat?

king4day
05-04-2009, 12:45 PM
If this was really said, then I'm sure it was Gortat since he's got no problem speaking his mind while the team is in the playoffs.

Plus I heard Gortat and Miller were buddies after games. They went to clubs and raves and all that good stuff.

JayW_1023
05-04-2009, 12:48 PM
Alot of baskets Howard makes are gimmes...and his scoring depends on how well the shooters spread the floor. If you compare that to Yao, Dirk, Duncan even Gasol...they have to rely far more on their skills to score...and they still do that efficiently. Howard has his physical dominance and that's sufficient enough to dominate for stretches...but when he is doubled on the move, or played tight and forced to create his own offense he is a highly overrated player. He is improving his basketball IQ yes, but his overall decisionmaking and offensive skills are not yet things to boast about.

Sly Guy
05-04-2009, 01:23 PM
If a big man can pass, he makes it very hard to guard the team, and extremely potent offensively. I don't think dwight's passing ability makes the magic a better team, but he's still a 20 rebound blocking machine and that makes the magic better with him than without.

dee279
05-04-2009, 01:44 PM
Bring Howard to the Heat then

SteveNash
05-04-2009, 03:56 PM
Andre Miller is absolutely right. SVG forces the ball into Dwight's hands too often when he is in the game. The problem is that Howard isn't that good of an offensive player with them playing Rashard at the 4, it really hurts their style.

On the defensive end, Dwight is still not a very intelligent defender and can get beaten on quite a lot of plays.