PDA

View Full Version : Manny Pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather Jr.?

steelcityroller
05-03-2009, 07:44 PM
Who would win between these two top boxers? I have read on other sites that supposedly it's gonna happen at the end of the year if Mayweather wins this summer. How much would it generate in terms of ppv sales?

Manny Pacquiao Would Destroy Floyd Mayweather Jr. - Associated Content (http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1710053/boxing_legends_manny_pacquiao_would.html)

KingOf215
05-04-2009, 02:43 AM
I would love to see this fight, and actually think Pacman would take it. As far as PPV buys tho, I'm not sure it'd be that huge a draw. Sure it's the biggest fighting in Boxing, but I don't think you can truly call either fighter a household name.

lakerboy
05-04-2009, 03:28 AM
There's really no way to find out. Mayweather hasn't fought in two years. He may have aged a little.

We'll get a better look after his fight with JMM.

t-mac1nukka
05-04-2009, 02:07 PM
mayweather will deflect all power shots and pull off a decision.

jetsforever
05-04-2009, 07:56 PM
mayweather will deflect all power shots and pull off a decision.

x2

CaughtInAHustle
05-05-2009, 12:01 AM
pacquiao with the win. mayweather looks to throw the right way to much leaving that left side of his face open for that pacquiao left straight

NYKnickFanatic
05-05-2009, 12:23 AM
Mayweather would finally have his mouth shut.

Pacquiao with a Knock out.

Lebron23
05-05-2009, 03:45 AM
Pacquiao wins via 9th Round TKO.

SanAntonioSpurs23
05-05-2009, 12:23 PM
Wouldn't Manny have to come up in weight?

NYKnickFanatic
05-05-2009, 03:19 PM
Wouldn't Manny have to come up in weight?

They are already in the same weight class.

H.E.R.
05-05-2009, 05:39 PM
Mayweather currently doesn't really have a weight class. He's somewhere in between Jr. Welterweight and Welterweight (140-147). That's where his next fight with Marquez will take place. I predict that will be the about same place a Pacquiao-Mayweather fight would take place...somewhere around a catchweight of 144-147.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-05-2009, 05:50 PM
How heavy can Mayweather get at fight night?

H.E.R.
05-05-2009, 06:21 PM
How heavy can Mayweather get at fight night?

I tried answering this in another thread. In his bout against De La Hoya, it was for DLH's junior middleweight championship, which is 154 lbs. Mayweather Jr. came into the weigh in at 150. I'm not sure what he rehydrated to on fight night.

ULT WARRIOR408
05-05-2009, 11:16 PM
I've noticed ever since pacman beat down de la hoya his bandwagon has gottin bigger & that was a impressive win over hatton but the buc stops here.:no:
Mayweather is to smart of a fighter to let manny drag him into his kind of fight.:box:

H.E.R.
05-05-2009, 11:30 PM
I've noticed ever since pacman beat down de la hoya his bandwagon has gottin bigger & that was a impressive win over hatton but the buc stops here.:no:
Mayweather is to smart of a fighter to let manny drag him into his kind of fight.:box:

I just joined prosportsdaily. I've been following Pacquiao since Ledwaba. I've been watching boxing since Tyson defeated Trevor Berbick and I've caught up with pretty much all of boxing history through live and archived footage. I'm not necessarily on the Pacquiao bandwagon, but I know greatness when I've seen it.

ULT WARRIOR408
05-05-2009, 11:50 PM
i know greatness too & thats why i say the buc stops here pacman has never fought anyone with the defense that mayweather has & that defense turns into offense.

Havoc Wreaker
05-05-2009, 11:57 PM
i know greatness too & thats why i say the buc stops here pacman has never fought anyone with the defense that mayweather has & that defense turns into offense.

U also said he hadnt seen anyone who hit like Hatton or some **** like that....and what happened? 2 Rounds!

ULT WARRIOR408
05-06-2009, 12:05 AM
U also said he hadnt seen anyone who hit like Hatton or some **** like that....and what happened? 2 Rounds!

I NEVER SAID NOTHING LIKE THAT BRUH SO YOU MIGHT WANNA GET YOUR EYES CHECKED OR START MIXING SOME MORE CARROTS IN YOUR DIET.
I DID SAY THAT HATTON IS STRONGER THAN PACMAN IS & IF HE CAUGHT HIM WITH A GOOD 1-2 PUNCH IT COULD BE OVER.;)

BTW THE KEYWORD IS IF & IF YOUR GONNA QUOTE ME GET IT RIGHT BRUH.:smoking:

H.E.R.
05-06-2009, 12:33 AM

And who has Mayweather fought with anyone near Pacquiao's skills or ring intelligence? This kid is still improving at 30. His right used to be nonexistent. Now it's a power punch. At the higher weight classes, he's getting faster and he's becoming more powerful.

ULT WARRIOR408
05-06-2009, 12:54 AM
and who has mayweather fought with anyone near pacquiao's skills or ring intelligence? This kid is still improving at 30. His right used to be nonexistent. Now it's a power punch. At the higher weight classes, he's getting faster and he's becoming more powerful.

who has pacman fought thats even close to mayweather?
Nobody alot of people are saying he lost 1 of those fights to juan manuel marquez.
Honestly i dont even think he could beat timothy bradley.

H.E.R.
05-06-2009, 01:14 AM
who has pacman fought thats even close to mayweather?
Nobody alot of people are saying he lost 1 of those fights to juan manuel marquez.
Honestly i dont even think he could beat timothy bradley.

In terms of resumes, Pacquiao is 7-1-1 in defeating Hall of Famers (if you include Ricky Hatton). Yes, a lot of people say he lost one of those fights to Marquez, but a lot of people believe Mayweather lost his first fight with Castillo. And you don't think he could beat Timothy Bradley? Bradley is a one handed power puncher who likes to plant his feet way too much. He also looks like he needs to work on taking body shots a little more.

Mayweather, sad to say, is more known in avoiding top fighters than challenging them.

ULT WARRIOR408
05-06-2009, 01:40 AM
in terms of resumes, pacquiao is 7-1-1 in defeating hall of famers (if you include ricky hatton). Yes, a lot of people say he lost one of those fights to marquez, but a lot of people believe mayweather lost his first fight with castillo. And you don't think he could beat timothy bradley? Bradley is a one handed power puncher who likes to plant his feet way too much. He also looks like he needs to work on taking body shots a little more.

Mayweather, sad to say, is more known in avoiding top fighters than challenging them.

who did he avoid dont say cotto or mosely because he could easily beat mosely if you say otherwise then your ********.
As far as cotto go's mayweather wanted him to build up his fan base before he beat him down he dont want someone to eat off his name.

H.E.R.
05-06-2009, 02:59 AM
who did he avoid dont say cotto or mosely because he could easily beat mosely if you say otherwise then your ********.
As far as cotto go's mayweather wanted him to build up his fan base before he beat him down he dont want someone to eat off his name.

I never said he couldn't beat these guys, but it seems that the 17 month retirement was for his competition to lose (Cotto and Margarito), (outgrow the weight class (Paul Williams), or get old (Mosley). I mean you can't sit there and tell me that any of those names are not better than some of those guys on his resume. Again I'm not saying he can't beat those guys. However, I'm not saying he can either. The question remains...why didn't he beat those guys?

And the bolded part is very close to nuthugging. Be a little more objective.

ULT WARRIOR408
05-06-2009, 09:54 AM
i never said he couldn't beat these guys, but it seems that the 17 month retirement was for his competition to lose (cotto and margarito), (outgrow the weight class (paul williams), or get old (mosley). I mean you can't sit there and tell me that any of those names are not better than some of those guys on his resume. Again i'm not saying he can't beat those guys. However, i'm not saying he can either. The question remains...why didn't he beat those guys?

And the bolded part is very close to nuthugging. Be a little more objective.

you wanna talk about nuthugging your swinging from the pubic hairs of manny's nut sack.
He retired because he wanted the landscape of his divison to change aint nothing wrong with that & could you see the man of your dreams (pacqiauo) gettin the ring with any of them i sure as hell cant.

lakers4sho
05-06-2009, 10:16 AM
I'll have to see the PBF/JMM fight first before making an educated guess.

lakers4sho
05-06-2009, 10:20 AM
In terms of resumes, Pacquiao is 7-1-1 in defeating Hall of Famers (if you include Ricky Hatton). Yes, a lot of people say he lost one of those fights to Marquez, but a lot of people believe Mayweather lost his first fight with Castillo. And you don't think he could beat Timothy Bradley? Bradley is a one handed power puncher who likes to plant his feet way too much. He also looks like he needs to work on taking body shots a little more.

Unfortunately, I'd have to agree.

H.E.R.
05-06-2009, 10:28 AM
He retired because he wanted the landscape of his divison to change aint nothing wrong with that

Yes, there is. Why did he have to wait for the landscape of the division to change? He wants to proclaim that he's the best of all time. Why not challenge the best available?

& could you see the man of your dreams (pacqiauo) gettin the ring with any of them i sure as hell cant.

Arum's reportedly pissed Mayweather couldn't wait a couple of hours for Pacquiao when he announced his coming off of retirement. He's reportedly scheduling a fight with Cotto in November at MSG.

Pacquiao isn't the man of my dreams. However, his resume is becoming amazing. 7-1-1 against Hall of Famers, one of two men to win titles in six weight divisions, the only man in boxing history to win four linear titles, has boxed from 106 minimumweight-147 welterweight, the current pound for pound king...

ULT WARRIOR408
05-06-2009, 10:37 AM
The bottomline is pbf is a big step up from a washed up dlh,hatton,any of those small latin fighters that pacquiao has beat.

H.E.R.
05-06-2009, 10:41 AM
The bottomline is pbf is a big step up from a washed up dlh,hatton,any of those small latin fighters that pacquiao has beat.

Okay...and Pacquiao is a big step up from Castillo, Baldomir, Judah, Sharmba Mitchell, and Arturo Gatti.

And please don't disrespect Mexican fighters. They've been one of the biggest reasons the lower weight divisions have been amazing.

ULT WARRIOR408
05-06-2009, 10:50 AM
[QUOTE=H.E.R.;9375847]Okay...and Pacquiao is a big step up from Castillo, Baldomir, Judah, Sharmba Mitchell, and Arturo Gatti.

And please don't disrespect Mexican fighters. They've been one of the biggest reasons the lower weight divisions have been amazing.[/QUO

Thats a respectable list of fighters & pacquiao is not a step up from ARTURO GATTI in his prime.:no::pity::box:

H.E.R.
05-06-2009, 10:56 AM
Thats a respectable list of fighters & pacquiao is not a step up from ARTURO GATTI in his prime.:no::pity::box:

Pacquiao's got Marco Antonio Barrera, Erik Morales, and Juan Manuel Marquez in his resume...all three are definite Hall of Famers. Both boxers share De La Hoya and Hatton.

Gatti was most known for his chin and power. As far as boxing skills go, he was average.

jetsforever
05-06-2009, 06:54 PM
Pacquiao's got Marco Antonio Barrera, Erik Morales, and Juan Manuel Marquez in his resume...all three are definite Hall of Famers. Both boxers share De La Hoya and Hatton.

Gatti was most known for his chin and power. As far as boxing skills go, he was average.

Gatti was my favorite boxer. His trilogy with ward and the loses against Robinson were great fights. I wanted him to destroy mayweather. But when Mayweather beat up on Judah i became a supporter of floyd

H.E.R.
05-06-2009, 07:06 PM
Gatti was my favorite boxer. His trilogy with ward and the loses against Robinson were great fights. I wanted him to destroy mayweather. But when Mayweather beat up on Judah i became a supporter of floyd

Gatti's trilogy with Mickey Ward...all three bouts were great, but my favorite had to be the third one where he fought one handed for a good portion of the fight. He showed he was a great warrior, just as he had fought Robinson. He was exciting. He drew fans. He had a great chin and took great punches and he dished it out, but I still stand by my statement that he was more of a brawler than a boxer.

I became a fan of Mayweather when I first saw him in Atlantic City around 10 years ago. He was fighting a no name, but a friend of mine recommended I see him after he saw him in LA. The fight lasted two rounds, but I could tell he was something back then. He had all the tools...it was just a matter of building with them.

TopsyTurvy
05-07-2009, 01:28 PM
I think PBF will be overwhelmed come fight night in a fight that goes long but ends with a TKO for Manny. Pacman will bring a fight reminiscent of Hatton v Mayweather which left PBF saying that Hatton was the toughest fighter he fought because he just kept "coming and coming." If Hatton was tough because he was relentless, Floyd better watch out when an even better boxer keeps coming at him...

2Kobe3peats
05-07-2009, 09:07 PM
All I gotta say is Pacquiao's win over De La Hoya and Hatton were alot better and he looked alot smoother and faster then Mayweathers wins over these 2 bums.

Mayweather went what 10 rounds with hatton. Wow ..because Pacquiao destroyed this bum in 10 rounds.

I'd like to see mayweather actually step in the ring and go toe to toe.

Remember all that smack he was talking during the oscar fight...

" i only fight big money fights"
" i only fight the best "

talking smack about margarito , cotto etc...

Well Your money fight is here.
The best fighter is here and he's in your weight class.

Stop hiding and being scared and coming up with excuses and fight Pacquiao.

Pacquiao dont fight for the money, he just goes out and fights and like he says does his job....

Fight manny .....Put ur money wear ur mouth his , and get in the ring and get knocked the **** out by Manny.

H.E.R.
05-07-2009, 09:31 PM
Pacquiao dont fight for the money, he just goes out and fights and like he says does his job....

Well when you're a marquee fighter like Pacquiao, money always has something to do with your next opponents. When you reach a high popular status (De La Hoya), become pound-for-pound best (Mayweather), or both (Pacquiao), it seems major boxing organizations like the WBA, WBC, WBO, and IBF care a lot less who your next opponent is and don't really give you a mandatory challenger (which is good, since their processes of coming up with a contender are highly inaccurate). So fighters of these caliber usually have to go out and look for an opponent, a lot of which is left to their promoters (ex. GBP, Top Rank). They're not going to take ANYONE. They have to find a high quality fighter AND someone who is a big draw to sell tickets and PPV buys. These are the precise reasons Pacquiao fought his last two fights instead of staying in the lightweight division. Make no mistake though, no boxer in history, if asked to fight De La Hoya if they were in Manny's shoes with his talent and skills, would have turned that down.

CP3 The Great
05-10-2009, 03:00 AM
Mark my words mayweather will beat JMM and in the meantime while training and whatnot if shane mosley gets a shot a pacman he's going to whoop his a*s no joking and then mayweather jr will have to fight shane mosley which although he is my favorite boxer, he wouldnt do if he is smart, shane mosley can beat any off these two, especially because there putting way more on the line then him he might end some careers

NYKnickFanatic
05-10-2009, 03:12 AM
ULT WARRIOR408

Im sorry dude, but you just talk a lot of crap.

First you said IF Pacman beats Hatton, it wouldnt be by knockout, then what happened? It only took him 2 rounds.

Mayweather is nice and has really nice defense, yes, but I honestly dont think he can beat Manny. Marquez is going to give Mayweather work, bet on that. Marquez is a beast.

And Mayweather is scared of Cotto, thats why he wont fight him. He know he wont win.

NYKnickFanatic
05-10-2009, 03:13 AM
Mark my words mayweather will beat JMM and in the meantime while training and whatnot if shane mosley gets a shot a pacman he's going to whoop his a*s no joking and then mayweather jr will have to fight shane mosley which although he is my favorite boxer, he wouldnt do if he is smart, shane mosley can beat any off these two, especially because there putting way more on the line then him he might end some careers

Marquez and Mayweather fight, is to setup for Pacquiao.

Manny is not going to fight Mosley. At least not now.

lakers4sho
05-10-2009, 11:49 AM
well Pac has to fight someone before PBF IMO b/c if he waits till the PBF/JMM fight he will have a long layover which would be bad for him

I think Roach is setting him up with either Sugar Shane or Cotto.

Wrigheyes4MVP
05-24-2009, 10:51 PM
Pac Man would knock Pretty Boy out cold.

Pac is like a ninja...so quick...so fierce. Mayweather has great defense...but Pac wouldnt stop coming after him.

Mayweather is a great boxer...but Manny is a great ninja. So, who would win in a fight...a boxer or a ninja?

A ninja would win hands down.

Pac Mac by KO in round 9.

jetsforever
05-27-2009, 10:17 AM
i think these 2 HAVE to fight or mayweather will officially be known as a ***** who dodged big fights

BenFrank
05-27-2009, 07:01 PM
I think Mayweather would counter, and pretty much run the whole fight.. and win by decision

INeedMyJays
06-06-2009, 07:38 PM
Mayweather hasn't fought in more than 2 years against Pacquiao who's in his prime? Who you think's gonna win.. Also this fight's unlikely to happen as I doubt Mayweather would even want to step into the ring with Pac Man.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-06-2009, 10:41 PM
ULTWARRIOR408

I got a question for you.

Are you racist against Filipinos?(I don't litterally mean racism. I'm just asking if you hate him or something.)

Because it always seems like you always go against Manny.

NCBoSoxfan21
06-09-2009, 02:43 PM
Mayweather before he went on 'vacation' vs. Manny now? Floyd would KO him.

Mayweather now vs. Manny now? Manny wins by decision.

Mwizards23
06-13-2009, 10:37 PM
mayweather will win no way he looses

Mwizards23
06-13-2009, 10:38 PM
people forget how good mayweather is.this man if not faster is as fast as pacman i respect pac man but mayweather all the way

H.E.R.
06-14-2009, 07:35 PM
people forget how good mayweather is.this man if not faster is as fast as pacman i respect pac man but mayweather all the way

As far as handspeed goes, Pacquiao can put a much more meaningful combination than Mayweather can. Mayweather however, is not a combination puncher, but is very accurate. The problem with that is that he can't fully put his power into those accurate punches at any given moment. Can Mayweather handle Pacquiao's quick and powerful flurries that come from all angles? That remains to be seen...

Footwork is dead even. Mayweather likes to steal rounds and keeps away until his opponent tires. Pacquiao has shown he could work in the middle or on the perimeter, but his stamina makes him look like he could fight 20 rounds.