PDA

View Full Version : Game 1 Mon May 4th - 2nd Round - Western Conference (1) LA Lakers vs (5) Houston

Pages : [1] 2

JordansBulls
05-03-2009, 05:36 PM
( 1 ) LA Lakers (65-17) vs. (5) Houston Rockets (53-29)

LA Lakers will have the Homecourt Advantage

REGULAR SEASON SERIES
Lakers Won Season Series 4-0
November 9, 2008 Rockets 82 @ Lakers 111
January 13, 2009 Lakers 105 @ Rockets 100
March 11, 2009 Lakers 102 @ Rockets 96
April 3, 2009 Rockets 81 @ Lakers 93

Game 1, Mon May 4th, 2009 Houston @ LA Lakers

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/KHinrich12/Team%20Logos/Lakers.png Projected Starting Lineup

http://assets.espn.go.com/i/nba/profiles/players/65x90/3125.jpghttp://assets.espn.go.com/i/nba/profiles/players/65x90/3118.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/2426.jpghttp://assets.espn.go.com/i/nba/profiles/players/65x90/3513.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/2748.jpg

PG - Derek Fisher
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Trevor Ariza
PF - Pau Gasol
C - Andrew Bynum

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/KHinrich12/Team%20Logos/Rockets.png Projected Starting Lineup

http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/3192.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/25.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/976.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/1781.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/1722.jpg

PG - Aaron Brooks
SG - Ron Artest
SF - Shane Battier
PF - Luis Scola
C - Yao Ming

NotVeryOriginal
05-03-2009, 06:24 PM
Lakers by 20, we come out firing at he beging of the series.

brandt
05-03-2009, 06:39 PM
Lakers by 20, we come out firing at he beging of the series.

I almost peed in my pants, you made me laugh so hard. The Lakers might beat the Rockets in the first game, but it won't be by 20! Keep in mind that the Lakers are probably going to be a little rusty, atleast in the first half bacause it's probably been over a week since they last played. Plus Kobe isn't feeling well and he isn't Michael Jorden to where he could put up 40 points, when you could literally see how sick he was.

NotVeryOriginal
05-03-2009, 07:09 PM
They are averaging 20.5 pts on them at the Staples Centre during the reg season, one of those games was without Bynum.

KeithLBC
05-03-2009, 07:15 PM
why do Rockets fans keep trying to compare Kobe to Jordan in this series? Kobe's played sick several times and had great games.

I doubt the Lakers win by 20, just because how bad they are at keeping a lead. I think the point differential will be closer to +7 for the Lakers.

astrosmaniac
05-03-2009, 07:21 PM
They are averaging 20.5 pts on them at the Staples Centre during the reg season, one of those games was without Bynum.

because the average margin or victory from 2 games is an extremely telling stat :rolleyes:

brandt
05-03-2009, 07:41 PM
[QUOTE=KeithLBC;9342675]why do Rockets fans keep trying to compare Kobe to Jordan in this series? Kobe's played sick several times and had great games.

I doubt the Lakers win by 20, just because how bad they are at keeping a lead. I think the point differential will be closer to +7 for the Lakers.
/QUOTE]

+7 is more like it. I'm not saying that they couldn't score 20 points against the Rockets at the Staples Center, becasue it's been done before obviously. But honestly, the Rockets are playing their best basketball yet, better than the regular season. And this is the playoffs. So unless the Rockets just fall apart, which has happened before, then they won't lose by 20.

lakers4sho
05-03-2009, 08:00 PM
Hopefully the Lakers ain't rusty :shrug:

astrosmaniac
05-03-2009, 08:00 PM
why do Rockets fans keep trying to compare Kobe to Jordan in this series? Kobe's played sick several times and had great games.

i think its because a lot of laker fans try to make kobe into the next MJ

Brooke
05-03-2009, 08:04 PM

Kobe is just Kobe to me no one else. No one will ever be better than MJ IMO

I enjoy watching Kobe play and think he is phenomenal but Jordan he isnt, I love Kobe but I am also realistic

grega1976
05-03-2009, 08:11 PM
keep talkin laker fanboys!! just remember all the laker fans and sports casters were countin the days till the finals in '86 when the 62-20 lakers got spanked in 5 by the 51-31 Houston Rockets.. after the lakers had beaten them 4 out of 5 during the regular season... Never under estimate the heart of a champion!!!

KeithLBC
05-03-2009, 08:16 PM

I havn't seen any Lakers fans compare Kobe to MJ for any reason concerning this series. I've seen 3 or 4 Rockets fans say Kobe's not Jordan. Most reasonable fans know that, although there are exceptions.

How about if Lakers fans start saying Yao's not Hakeem. There's no way Yao takes over any of these games this series like Hakeem could have. Rockets fans seem to think Yao's going to score 50 points on us and we won't have an answer for him :rolleyes:

ARMIN12NBA
05-03-2009, 08:18 PM
keep talkin laker fanboys!! just remember all the laker fans and sports casters were countin the days till the finals in '86 when the 62-20 lakers got spanked in 5 by the 51-31 Houston Rockets.. after the lakers had beaten them 4 out of 5 during the regular season... Never under estimate the heart of a champion!!!

This isn't 1986 buddy. This, if anything, is 1985 (Lakers trying to get revenge from previous Finals loss). Lakers will win the series in 5 games.

KeithLBC
05-03-2009, 08:18 PM

:rolleyes:

keep holding onto history, that's all you have.

Lakersfan2483
05-03-2009, 08:27 PM
I almost peed in my pants, you made me laugh so hard. The Lakers might beat the Rockets in the first game, but it won't be by 20! Keep in mind that the Lakers are probably going to be a little rusty, atleast in the first half bacause it's probably been over a week since they last played. Plus Kobe isn't feeling well and he isn't Michael Jorden to where he could put up 40 points, when you could literally see how sick he was.

Talk about stating the obvious, everyone knows he's not MJ, but he's still one of the greatest players of all time and look for him to put on a show tomorrow evening even if he is sick.

Lakersfan2483
05-03-2009, 08:30 PM

Houston has a good team this year and certainly have over-achieved, but they will not beat the lakers in a 7 game series. LA has the best player in Kobe and has too much talent for Houston. LA in 5 games. I just want to see how everyone from Houston is going to sound at the end of this upcoming week. I think there will be a lot of dissapointed Rocket fans.

BTW: LA will win tomorrow's game.

Raidaz4Life
05-03-2009, 08:30 PM
Lakers by 14, I think Utah matched up better and was a tougher opponent than Houston is gonna be.

astrosmaniac
05-03-2009, 08:35 PM
Kobe is just Kobe to me no one else. No one will ever be better than MJ IMO

I enjoy watching Kobe play and think he is phenomenal but Jordan he isnt, I love Kobe but I am also realistic
im not saying you are, im just saying ive seen alot of lakers fans on this very forum out to be the next MJ

I havn't seen any Lakers fans compare Kobe to MJ for any reason concerning this series. I've seen 3 or 4 Rockets fans say Kobe's not Jordan. Most reasonable fans know that, although there are exceptions.

How about if Lakers fans start saying Yao's not Hakeem. There's no way Yao takes over any of these games this series like Hakeem could have. Rockets fans seem to think Yao's going to score 50 points on us and we won't have an answer for him :rolleyes:

like i said, not all of them do, but i've seen alot on this forum do just that. the difference between that and comparing yao to hakeem is that NO ONE has EVER compared yao to hakeem, while alot of people make that comparison with kobe and MJ

grega1976
05-03-2009, 08:37 PM
we'll see.... not sayin the Rockets will win, they are the underdogs for a reason. However, the Lakers have no answer for Yao and the Rockets are on their game defensively right now. As good as I think Bynum will eventually be, in the few times he has faced off with Yao, Yao has owned him.. I think the lakers will win, but I think it will be a MUCH closer series than most laker fans will admit.. it doesn't matter who wins, Stern has already mandated that the Lebron win this year.

astrosmaniac
05-03-2009, 08:38 PM
Lakers by 14, I think Utah matched up better and was a tougher opponent than Houston is gonna be.

are you delusional? Utah didn't even look like they cared, while the rockets are playing the best ball they've played all year and are hungry to prove everyone wrong about them

NotVeryOriginal
05-03-2009, 08:49 PM
because the average margin or victory from 2 games is an extremely telling stat :rolleyes:

What stat would you use to predict the score?

are you delusional? Utah didn't even look like they cared, while the rockets are playing the best ball they've played all year and are hungry to prove everyone wrong about them

Boozer broke a team record in that series, but yeah, they didnt care, they put no effort in:rolleyes:

Brooke
05-03-2009, 08:55 PM
im not saying you are, im just saying ive seen alot of lakers fans on this very forum out to be the next MJ

like i said, not all of them do, but i've seen alot on this forum do just that. the difference between that and comparing yao to hakeem is that NO ONE has EVER compared yao to hakeem, while alot of people make that comparison with kobe and MJ

I understand that. I know some can be like that I just dont like being lumped into that category because I am a Laker/Kobe fan. I appreciate the game of basketball and what MJ brought cant be touched, Kobe is special but not MJ

astrosmaniac
05-03-2009, 09:25 PM
What stat would you use to predict the score?

Boozer broke a team record in that series, but yeah, they didnt care, they put no effort in:rolleyes:

its why i find predicting a score of a playoff game a completely stupid. theres no real accurate way to predict a score.

and boozer was the only one who had a reason to care, he's going to opt out, so he was playing for a big contract this off season, wether it is from the jazz or not

Kakaroach
05-03-2009, 09:31 PM
are you delusional? Utah didn't even look like they cared, while the rockets are playing the best ball they've played all year and are hungry to prove everyone wrong about them :pity: Just another Rockets fan looking to aim something at the Jazz and has no idea what they are talking about. I say Lakers in 5, 6 if they actually get in trouble.

astrosmaniac
05-03-2009, 09:38 PM
:pity: Just another Rockets fan looking to aim something at the Jazz and has no idea what they are talking about. I say Lakers in 5, 6 if they actually get in trouble.

im sorry, but to say that the jazz put up a better fight than the rockets will is just plain crap. i watched those games, the lakers had their way with them, and besides game 3 the jazz just didnt seem to have any fight in them

still1ballin
05-03-2009, 09:43 PM
Lakers come out rusty and slow, but win big.

plpfctn
05-03-2009, 09:54 PM

i just got stupider for reading that comment

grega1976
05-03-2009, 10:02 PM
i just got stupider for reading that comment

very insightful post... you're my hero~ I just got MORE STUPID by reading yours!!

brandt
05-03-2009, 10:34 PM

Go right ahead. I'm a Rockets fan and i'll tell you right now that Yao's not Hakeem. Even if he won two Championships as Hakeem did, he still wouldn't be. That doesn't mean he can't take over a game though. He may not be very athletic but he's 7'6" tall and actually CAN shoot. That's a potential threat to anybody.

NotVeryOriginal
05-03-2009, 11:08 PM
its why i find predicting a score of a playoff game a completely stupid. theres no real accurate way to predict a score.

Okay, so we wont debate. Might as well pull this site down since nothing we say has any bearing on the game right:rolleyes:

and boozer was the only one who had a reason to care, he's going to opt out, so he was playing for a big contract this off season, wether it is from the jazz or not

And the rest of the team didnt give a crap obv

leftymo
05-03-2009, 11:19 PM

While that certainly was an upset, I'm going to bet one team had 2 great centers or bigmen...

In this series, the two bigmen play for Los Angeles.

leftymo
05-03-2009, 11:21 PM
we'll see.... not sayin the Rockets will win, they are the underdogs for a reason. However, the Lakers have no answer for Yao and the Rockets are on their game defensively right now. As good as I think Bynum will eventually be, in the few times he has faced off with Yao, Yao has owned him.. I think the lakers will win, but I think it will be a MUCH closer series than most laker fans will admit.. it doesn't matter who wins, Stern has already mandated that the Lebron win this year.

Yao has owned Bynum but not the Lakers this year. Houston isn't going to win if Yao averages 15/game or fails to score 20 (like he did 4 times against LA this year)

FOBolous
05-03-2009, 11:32 PM

We're reminding yall that Kobe's not Jordan because you Lakers fan have the tendency to act like he is even if yall don't say he is.

And of course Yao's not Hakeem. No Rockets fan have made they claim nor have they acted like he his. Every Rockets fan acknowledges that Yao struggles immensely if he gets doubled. We are, however, saying he can't be guarded 1on1 by any big men in the league today because he can't. If Dwight Howard and Shaq can't do it...no1 else can. so in that sense, Rockets fans aren't exaggerating when we say that Yao has to be doubled no matter what.

KeithLBC
05-04-2009, 12:45 AM
Who here has said Kobe is Jordan? Don't stereotype all of us, I'd like to see some examples. The Lakers fans that claim Kobe is Jordan don't last long and I'd be surprised to see any around.

The reason why I brought up Hakeem is because IMO he was one of the best big men in history and could take over any game by himself. Yao's not that type of player, and yes, you Rocket fans do act like he is. Even though Kobe's not Jordan, he's capable of taking over a game and scoring 50+ if he needs to.

Brooke
05-04-2009, 12:54 AM
Who here has said Kobe is Jordan? Don't stereotype all of us, I'd like to see some examples. The Lakers fans that claim Kobe is Jordan don't last long and I'd be surprised to see any around.

Thank you I would like to know the answer to that myself. Not all Lakers fans think that

AllTheWay
05-04-2009, 01:12 AM
Should be an easy laker win.

Norg
05-04-2009, 01:48 AM
hahah people at my work where saying we will know how this seris will play out by the end of the 1st Q today

I think its time for Houston tho to shock the world AHhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ggg
05-04-2009, 03:05 AM
imo, for the rockets to keep up with the lakers, aaron brooks, lowry and wafer need to have a good game offensively or else they would be only scoring 80+ a game which makes the lakers defense look amazing considering their offensive prowess.

JayW_1023
05-04-2009, 05:48 AM
The Lakers will win because they are just quicker. If the outside shot is hitting well...the Lakers will spread the floor and exploit the Rockets slow footed post defenders. If the Lakers aren't hitting the perimeter shot the Rockets can clog up the paint and it could be very close and physical...that's where the Rockets have the advantage.

Carl Landry is gonna be important because he is the only Rocket with the combination of length, lateral quickness and athletic ability to make alert rotations under the basket to discourage a high percentage look in the Lakers' offense. Taking away easy baskets is key for Houston. Mark my words: they will commit LOTS OF HARD FOULS this series.

Essentially for Houston...if Kobe shoots well and the shooters knock down open looks...it's OVER.

grega1976
05-04-2009, 12:08 PM
While that certainly was an upset, I'm going to bet one team had 2 great centers or bigmen...

While I'll admit that I think Bynum will be a very good C one day, to call him a great bigman is quite a stretch... his numbers (13pt 8reb) are no better than Scola so we'll see... like I said I'm by no means calling a Rockets win, but I really think LA shouldn't sleep on them!! Our D is smothering, and our pt guards are really starting to play well...

championships
05-04-2009, 12:21 PM
[QUOTE=FOBolous;9345046]We're reminding yall that Kobe's not Jordan because you Lakers fan have the tendency to act like he is even if yall don't say he is.

Your right Kobe isnt Jordan. He's Kobe Bryant. The man has accomplished enough in this league to create a name for himself and he will only add to his numbers over the next couple of years. When he retires, analysts will be comparing young, talented players to him. "HE is the next Kobe" they will say.

king4day
05-04-2009, 12:35 PM
I can see Houston storming out fast to a double digit lead, before LA rights things.
If Bynum is now starting, and add to that, that LA hasn't played in over a week, being rusty, they may struggle in this one.

LA in 6. This series will be tied 2-2 after 4 games.

king4day
05-04-2009, 12:36 PM
We're reminding yall that Kobe's not Jordan because you Lakers fan have the tendency to act like he is even if yall don't say he is.

Your right Kobe isnt Jordan. He's Kobe Bryant. The man has accomplished enough in this league to create a name for himself and he will only add to his numbers over the next couple of years. When he retires, analysts will be comparing young, talented players to him. "HE is the next Kobe" they will say.

Which would mean they will be GOOD, but not the BEST :D

championships
05-04-2009, 12:52 PM
Should be good. Can't wait till the game starts

still1ballin
05-04-2009, 01:37 PM
lakers with the win tonight!

Gibby23
05-04-2009, 01:55 PM
Lakers in 4.

tr4shb0t
05-04-2009, 03:34 PM
Why do all the Rockets fans keep proclaiming kobe is not MJ? I don't ever see Laker fans making this claim. I guess they have to say anything to take the attention away from the fact that they got swept during the regular season. **** happens and it will continue to happen tonight.

So glad its finally Monday.

charlsdq7
05-04-2009, 03:41 PM
close game...lakers got it

fredv
05-04-2009, 04:02 PM
Lets steal this game holdup style! Lakers goin down and so are there fans for opening there mouth so often!

Gibby23
05-04-2009, 04:06 PM
Lets steal this game holdup style! Lakers goin down and so are there fans for opening there mouth so often!

So what are you going to say when the rockets lose?

championships
05-04-2009, 04:13 PM
So what are you going to say when the rockets lose?

Not much, Im sure

pippsux
05-04-2009, 05:39 PM
:jumpy:

Let's drag up the spirit of the Celtics of last year and the Pistons of 2004, BEAT LA!

fredv
05-04-2009, 06:14 PM
Our time!

Verbal Christ
05-04-2009, 06:22 PM
lakers in 4? LOL

if the ROX steal tonite i say PSD 'suddenly' has less 'contributors' and the 'die hards' will blame the refs,or the wet spots on the court, or the stars for blinding the players with the bling, but no way the lowly Houston Rockets can actually play basketball and win a game or two. ignorance is bliss, especially in LA LA Land.

Gibby23
05-04-2009, 06:24 PM
lakers in 4? LOL

if the ROX steal tonite i say PSD 'suddenly' has less 'contributors' and the 'die hards' will blame the refs,or the wet spots on the court, or the stars for blinding the players with the bling, but no way the lowly Houston Rockets can actually play basketball and win a game or two. ignorance is bliss, especially in LA LA Land.

They won't and then Rocket fans will say game 2 is a must win. It will go no more than 5 games. Enjoy the 2nd round.

ggg
05-04-2009, 06:45 PM
first i thought the rocket wouldnt be able to keep up with L.A's scoring but after thinking about bynum's game and how he lacks that defensive awareness, this might be a close one. Lakers still gon win tho. 97-1XX

Verbal Christ
05-04-2009, 06:50 PM
They won't and then Rocket fans will say game 2 is a must win. It will go no more than 5 games. Enjoy the 2nd round.

what happened to the fakers in 4? now its 5? after tonite you might say 6? god man too much estrogen in your system. pop something bro your hormones are off.

superkegger
05-04-2009, 07:03 PM

No, we don't. Maybe some do, some of the guys that have 4 posts, and just try to cause a ruckus, but you should know better than to actually pay attention to crap like that. Laker fans don't make Kobe out to be MJ. Kobe fans might, but not Laker fans.

im sorry, but to say that the jazz put up a better fight than the rockets will is just plain crap. i watched those games, the lakers had their way with them, and besides game 3 the jazz just didnt seem to have any fight in them

Couldn't that be due to the Lakers just being that much better than the Jazz? Couldn't the Lakers just have taken them out of their game, and that's why they had their way with them, and thats why it looked like they didn't have a lot of fight in them, because they just weren't able to do what they wanted? Way to give the Lakers 0 credit for defeating the Jazz, and chalking it up to Utah incompetence more than anything else.

Chronz
05-04-2009, 07:04 PM

What about 81? Lakers go 54-28 only to lose in round1 to a 40-42 Rockets squad. With only 1 bigman

While I'll admit that I think Bynum will be a very good C one day, to call him a great bigman is quite a stretch... his numbers (13pt 8reb) are no better than Scola so we'll see... like I said I'm by no means calling a Rockets win, but I really think LA shouldn't sleep on them!! Our D is smothering, and our pt guards are really starting to play well...

His numbers are much better than Scola's its just that your only looking at 2 digits.

AllTheWay
05-04-2009, 07:47 PM
lakers in 4? LOL

That's the problem though, the Rockets won't steal the game tonight. It is a Laker victory tonight bud.

Rox are about to get Rocked.

FOBolous
05-04-2009, 08:07 PM
No, we don't. Maybe some do, some of the guys that have 4 posts, and just try to cause a ruckus, but you should know better than to actually pay attention to crap like that. Laker fans don't make Kobe out to be MJ. Kobe fans might, but not Laker fans.

Yes you do. Just check the other Rockets/Lakers thread and look at how you Lakers fan talk about Kobe..look at how you yourself talk about Kobe. Yall all think he's either God or Michael Jordan.

Couldn't that be due to the Lakers just being that much better than the Jazz? Couldn't the Lakers just have taken them out of their game, and that's why they had their way with them, and thats why it looked like they didn't have a lot of fight in them, because they just weren't able to do what they wanted? Way to give the Lakers 0 credit for defeating the Jazz, and chalking it up to Utah incompetence more than anything else

nope :) The Jazz hasn't been on their game and wasn't playing like themselves towards the end of the season and obviously that carried over to the post season. There's some kind of chemistry issue behind the scenes...just go to the Jazz section and you'll see tons of threads talking about the chemistry issue. How else do you think a team as good as the Jazz end up at #8?

AllTheWay
05-04-2009, 08:12 PM
Yes you do. Just check the other Rockets/Lakers thread and look at how you Lakers fan talk about Kobe..look at how you yourself talk about Kobe. Yall all think he's either God or Michael Jordan.

nope :) The Jazz hasn't been on their game and wasn't playing like themselves towards the end of the season and obviously that carried over to the post season. There's some kind of chemistry issue behind the scenes...just go to the Jazz section and you'll see tons of threads talking about the chemistry issue. How else do you think a team as good as the Jazz end up at #8?

Are you kidding? Are you any one to complain about someone putting a player on a pedestal when you basically worship Yao Ming and his greatness?

astrosmaniac
05-04-2009, 08:37 PM

Couldn't that be due to the Lakers just being that much better than the Jazz? Couldn't the Lakers just have taken them out of their game, and that's why they had their way with them, and thats why it looked like they didn't have a lot of fight in them, because they just weren't able to do what they wanted? Way to give the Lakers 0 credit for defeating the Jazz, and chalking it up to Utah incompetence more than anything else.
i said alot, not all lakers fans. i remember in the greatest of all time thread, there were a bunch of people saying "give kobe a few more years, then he will be number 1" thats the type of stuff im basing it off of. i'm not saying i follow that train of thought, thats where some of the rockets fans are getting from.

and im not saying the lakers had nothing to do with it. on the contrary, the reason i didnt mention them is cause LA ALWAYS comes out and plays with the same focus, so there for it has to do with how utah looked compared to how houston will look. also if you look at how the jazz played before the end of the regular season, you'll notice that they really didn't look like they were playing with the same intensity that they had earlier in the year, which is why i said the rockets will put up a better fight.

Verbal Christ
05-04-2009, 09:25 PM
Rox are about to get Rocked.

now thats a work of art. LOL

is this where i'm supposed to 'come back' with something that rhymes with lake?

Gibby23
05-04-2009, 09:32 PM
now thats a work of art. LOL

is there where i'm supposed to 'come back' with something that rhymes with lake?

No need to comeback with anything. You keep coming up with ways the Rockets might win. Laker fans are just saying the Lakers are going to win and don't need to back it up, because the Lakers are that much better than the Rockets. The Lakers don't have to figure out what adjustments to make, they will come out and play the way they usually do and that will be enough to beat the rockets.

Verbal Christ
05-04-2009, 09:56 PM
No need to comeback with anything. You keep coming up with ways the Rockets might win. Laker fans are just saying the Lakers are going to win and don't need to back it up, because the Lakers are that much better than the Rockets. The Lakers don't have to figure out what adjustments to make, they will come out and play the way they usually do and that will be enough to beat the rockets.

and my dad can beat up your dad

Jay22Redd
05-04-2009, 09:58 PM
and my dad can beat up your dad

:laugh2: but unnecessary!

Son of Prodigy
05-04-2009, 10:01 PM

what are you saying... lakers 4-0 over rockets with a margin of 10 plus each game? definately not...

I am a rockets fan and can promise you that it will take 6 games min from this series and if your team gets a little cocky, we might sneak in and suprise you... we've got nothing to lose, everyone expects you to win. Do not sleep on us.

grega1976
05-04-2009, 10:18 PM
what are you saying... lakers 4-0 over rockets with a margin of 10 plus each game? definately not...

I am a rockets fan and can promise you that it will take 6 games min from this series and if your team gets a little cocky, we might sneak in and suprise you... we've got nothing to lose, everyone expects you to win. Do not sleep on us.

shhhh... we want them to sleep on the rockets... the lakers are the supreme all mighty team... the rockets don't stand a chance!!!!!!.... please sleep on the rockets.. just like they did in '86, just like the spurs did in '95...

Gibby23
05-04-2009, 10:22 PM
shhhh... we want them to sleep on the rockets... the lakers are the supreme all mighty team... the rockets don't stand a chance!!!!!!.... please sleep on the rockets.. just like they did in '86, just like the spurs did in '95...

This isn't 86 or 95. Lakers will not have a problem. The rockets don't have anyone who can score. The Lakers 2nd option Gasol had about the same numbers as Yao.

wileyisTOFU
05-04-2009, 10:33 PM
lets go rockets!

wileyisTOFU
05-04-2009, 10:43 PM
could the start of this game be any later?

Bullsfan22
05-04-2009, 10:44 PM
whewwww lets go ron artest! kobe stopper kobe stopper kobe stopper..lmao jk this will be fun to watch. where the hell is ruben patterson when you need him..

Nirvanaskurdt
05-04-2009, 10:44 PM
Should be a great first game tonight :) Cant wait to see Kobe vs Ron and Bynum vs Yao :D

championships
05-04-2009, 10:47 PM
:guns:Here we go fellas Houston is going down. Whoop there *** Lakers!!!!!!!

Nirvanaskurdt
05-04-2009, 10:48 PM
OMG Rons haircut :laugh2:

wileyisTOFU
05-04-2009, 10:48 PM
omg, ron's hair

Bullsfan22
05-04-2009, 10:49 PM
sloppy game so far ughh

Bullsfan22
05-04-2009, 10:49 PM
sick hair cut

championships
05-04-2009, 10:50 PM
rockets=:worthy: Lakers=:superman:

Bullsfan22
05-04-2009, 10:50 PM
yaoo!

Nirvanaskurdt
05-04-2009, 10:51 PM
nice hook shot by Yao and Bynum comes right back with one.

Nirvanaskurdt
05-04-2009, 10:52 PM
2 fouls on Bynum already Odom is in and Andrew is out

wileyisTOFU
05-04-2009, 10:52 PM
alright, early foul trouble

AllTheWay
05-04-2009, 10:54 PM
Lakers be missing everythang.

pippsux
05-04-2009, 10:56 PM
Lets go rockets!

wileyisTOFU
ron artest with the dunk

king4day
I never realized how big Artest is. I didn't realize it was him until after that dunk when I saw his silly *** haircut.

NYMetros
Phil jackson angry

Reyes6
05-04-2009, 10:57 PM
Nice Dunk

pippsux
I thought that was Wafer for a second, Artest looks "sphelt"

superkegger
We look a bit rusty with our shooting touch. A week off will do that.

Reyes6
05-04-2009, 10:58 PM
Wait til we put in our awful back-ups!!! You aint seen nothing yet!

Driven
05-04-2009, 10:58 PM
Good start so far for Yao.

championships
05-04-2009, 10:59 PM
Fish

championships
05-04-2009, 11:03 PM
Damn fish Anybody else feel that draft

wileyisTOFU
05-04-2009, 11:03 PM
gasol getting the better of yao so far

Nirvanaskurdt
05-04-2009, 11:04 PM
a bit of a slow start to the game :(

pippsux
05-04-2009, 11:06 PM
That's it Yao way to be aggressive!

championships
05-04-2009, 11:07 PM
I knew the Lakers would have a slow start. Hope they get over it soon

NYMetros
05-04-2009, 11:08 PM
gasol getting the better of yao so far

Yao just molested Pau.
Rockets are off to a great start. Man, if they can steal a win here in 1 of these first 2 games, they have a legitimate shot in this thing.

astrosmaniac
at least the refs have done a good job so far. there's been maybe 1 ticky-tack call and that was on odom

wileyisTOFU
yeah, lets hope kobe's throat has the strep

astrosmaniac
05-04-2009, 11:09 PM
Von Wafer and landry

FOBolous
05-04-2009, 11:12 PM
yes...that's it..piss Kobe off so he'll go into ball hog mode

Bullsfan22
05-04-2009, 11:12 PM
kobe with the elbow

championships
05-04-2009, 11:13 PM
Bye Bye Yao

wileyisTOFU
05-04-2009, 11:14 PM
dirty lakers

FOBolous
this game is going to be intense

ARMIN12NBA
kobe with the elbow

It was Vujacic...

championships
05-04-2009, 11:15 PM
I like it we're the ones being physical

VCaintdead17
Battier is a hardass

ARMIN12NBA
dirty lakers

LOLZ. Watch the play. The ball is high up and Vujacic slapped the ball forward. It was a complete and utter accident.

DenButsu
:laugh2: How the hell was that not a foul? Lame.

AllTheWay
Hahahah Vujacic just *****ed Battier.

Driven
05-04-2009, 11:16 PM
lol that wasn't even a physical play people... it was an accident with someone's elbow just flailing.

DenButsu
05-04-2009, 11:16 PM
LOLZ. Watch the play. The ball is high up and Vujacic slapped the ball forward. It was a complete and utter accident.

The elbow to the eye wasn't intentional, but there still should have been a whistle because of the contact.

Bullsfan22
05-04-2009, 11:17 PM
It was Vujacic...

no. im talking about the scuffle with shane he sneaked a elbow in on his head as he was getting up.

NBA_Starter
21-18 end of 1.

VCaintdead17
I swear I just heard some "Lakers Suck" chants. :eyebrow:

pippsux
Battier bleeding like he is in a wrassling match, I smell an amazing commercial

astrosmaniac
05-04-2009, 11:18 PM
It was Vujacic...

hes referring to the possession before that where shane tied up kobe and they went to the floor. after the play was over kobe gave battier an elbow to the back of the head before he went off

superkegger
05-04-2009, 11:18 PM
The elbow to the eye wasn't intentional, but there still should have been a whistle because of the contact.

Scola poked Pau in the eye as well and drew blood, and no call. Should have been a whistle.

Draco
05-04-2009, 11:19 PM
:laugh2: How the hell was that not a foul? Lame.

Biased ref's

Bullsfan22
05-04-2009, 11:19 PM
hes referring to the possession before that where shane tied up kobe and they went to the floor. after the play was over kobe gave battier an elbow to the back of the head before he went off

thank you

astrosmaniac
05-04-2009, 11:20 PM
i love how the refs didnt notice shane was bleeding and he had to go over to them, show him his hands and say "hey guys, im bleeding" lol

championships
05-04-2009, 11:20 PM
I swear I just heard some "Lakers Suck" chants. :eyebrow:

That's the voices in your head

Draco
05-04-2009, 11:21 PM
Scola poked Pau in the eye as well and drew blood, and no call. Should have been a whistle.

Scola got Pau by the tip of his nail.. that's hard to see. ***** eyes quite obviously hit Battier.

Bullsfan22
05-04-2009, 11:21 PM
i like ariza's game

Free Throw
05-04-2009, 11:22 PM
I was surprised it took that long before Vujacic hurt someone.
I realize it was a rebound tip, and unavoidable, but he kept flailing his arms on defense in the first quarter, a lot more than I have seen him do before.

ARMIN12NBA

Did I say there should not have been? I was responding to a fan who said the Lakers are dirty...

VCaintdead17
That's the voices in your head

That's what the doctors tell me too. :)

ARMIN12NBA
05-04-2009, 11:23 PM
Biased ref's

Yet they allowed the Rockets to hit the Lakers players? Weird...Do you know what the definition of bias is?

Bullsfan22
05-04-2009, 11:24 PM
Yet they allowed the Rockets to hit the Lakers players? Weird...Do you know what the definition of bias is?

chances are he does..

Bullsfan22
05-04-2009, 11:25 PM
dayum lawry

ARMIN12NBA
05-04-2009, 11:26 PM
chances are he does..

Maybe...Maybe not. It seems like he doesn't grasp the concept at least...

Bullsfan22
dam he called that?

NYMetros
The bank never closes for Artest.

Bullsfan22
05-04-2009, 11:27 PM
so yeah i just want to see ron artest and kobe go at it...

FOBolous
05-04-2009, 11:28 PM

good one :up:

astrosmaniac
05-04-2009, 11:28 PM
so yeah i just want to see ron artest and kobe go at it...

i don't. due to reputations, artest would pry get tossed and kobe wouldn't get a foul

astrosmaniac
05-04-2009, 11:29 PM
thanks denbutsu

Bullsfan22
05-04-2009, 11:30 PM

reggie evans or josh powell? who would you start your franchise with?

wileyisTOFU
05-04-2009, 11:30 PM
shane with the stiches

DenButsu
05-04-2009, 11:31 PM

YO!

EVERYBODY needs to stop with the insults.

If you insult other posters, you'll get an infraction.

If you bait other posters, you'll get an infraction.

If you make blanket insults of a team's entire fan base, you'll get an infraction.

If you take bait and throw it back, you'll get an infraction.

If you disagree with other posters, do it with civility and respect and don't break the rules.

NYMetros
05-04-2009, 11:32 PM
Barry just drops in the 3 on his way to the HOF.
:D

Bullsfan22
05-04-2009, 11:34 PM
[QUOTE=DenButsu;9357780].

YO!

If you make blanket insults of a team's entire fan base, you'll get an infraction.

If you disagree with other posters, do it with civility and respect and don't break the rules.

HEY TOUGH GUY! STOP WITH YOUR SPAM. oh **** your a mold:o...jk jk jk

DenButsu
05-04-2009, 11:34 PM

YO!

Thank you.
:cheers:

NFLNBA
05-04-2009, 11:36 PM
Lakers are a prime example why a big layoff between series is actually a bad thing! They are cold as ice

king4day
Does Scola have hairplugs? He's got the worst hair for his face.

DenButsu
And yeah, bullsfan22, I'm a real tough guy. :p

No, really, I'd just like to enjoy watching the game and spend my time that way instead of spending my time chasing down and deleting insult posts. I'd rather be a fan than a cop. So please, folks, help me out and just be cool.

wileyisTOFU
yao cant pick up a third foul, gotta play smart to finish the half..

king4day
05-04-2009, 11:37 PM
Bynum seemingly out of control when trying to post up.

championships
05-04-2009, 11:37 PM
thanks denbutsu

No, Thank you

FOBolous
05-04-2009, 11:39 PM
loving how the game is being played so far...nice and physical

FOBolous
05-04-2009, 11:41 PM
lol the camera men are getting owned today

Bullsfan22
05-04-2009, 11:41 PM
my fav player on the lakers better be ok..forget the camera man..pshht i can easily just got to the lakers game next half.

king4day
05-04-2009, 11:42 PM
Houston extremely sloppy with the ball.

Bullsfan22
05-04-2009, 11:42 PM
loving how the game is being played so far...nice and physical

sniff sniff* blanket baiting! i should be a mod!

astrosmaniac
05-04-2009, 11:43 PM
as are the lakers. neither team is really taking really great care of the ball

Chronz
05-04-2009, 11:45 PM
Hayes has been the DPO(Y) of the game thus far. I love how everyone tries to take advantage of him only to miss.

NFLNBA
05-04-2009, 11:45 PM
Houston extremely sloppy with the ball.

Houston is sloppy? Are you watching the same game?

Lakers 7 TO's 9 PF's 0-7 from 3 36% shooting

NYMetros
05-04-2009, 11:46 PM
Ron Artest is my new favorite player.

Bullsfan22
05-04-2009, 11:46 PM
artest is beasting

NFLNBA
05-04-2009, 11:47 PM
Rockets sure are lucky! The Lakers couldnt play any worse and are only down 4? Rockets needed to get a big lead with the Lakers playing this bad

Bullsfan22
05-04-2009, 11:49 PM
man im falling asleep lmao

tr4shb0t
05-04-2009, 11:49 PM
been a lot of flopping so far

wileyisTOFU
05-04-2009, 11:51 PM
yeah the rockets really missed a chance to build that lead. good first half

DenButsu
05-04-2009, 11:52 PM
Well, so far it seems like this is more Rockets ball than Lakers ball. I expect the Lakers to come out and try to speed up their pace in the 2nd half.

FOBolous
05-04-2009, 11:52 PM

oh please :rolleyes: give credit where credit is due

championships
05-04-2009, 11:53 PM
Lakers played like crap and were only down 3. The Lakers are being physical with them. I see the Lakers comin out and having a good second half.

tr4shb0t
05-04-2009, 11:54 PM
oh please :rolleyes: give credit where credit is due

if the rockets want to win they would need at least a 10 pt lead at half. the lakers own 2nd half of games

i will not give credit to yao for flopping

superkegger
05-04-2009, 11:54 PM
Kobe and Pau are 5-17 for 12 points. We're shooting 39% and ae 0-7 from 3, and we're only down 3. It's an encouragement to know that even though we've played like a JV girls squad we're still very much in the game.

tr4shb0t
05-04-2009, 11:55 PM
Kobe and Pau are 5-17 for 12 points. We're shooting 39% and ae 0-7 from 3, and we're only down 3. It's an encouragement to know that even though we've played like a JV girls squad we're still very much in the game.

jv girls squad haha

FOBolous
05-04-2009, 11:55 PM
Lakers played like crap and were only down 3. The Lakers are being physical with them. I see the Lakers comin out and having a good second half.

I think the Lakers are playing like crap because of Houston's defense and physicality. Notice how the game is being played at Houston's pace? Houston is controlling the tempo. We just need to get our offense going so we can take advantage of all the opportunities our defense is giving us.

NFLNBA
05-04-2009, 11:56 PM
The Lakers are just rusty with having what 10 days off? Its def been the Lakers being cold and not in rythem then anything the Rockets are doing! Bynum had 2 fouls in 2 min, Odom picked up 2 fouls in 5 min of play, Lakers are 0-8 from 3. Atrest is throwing in bank 3's and the Lakers are only down 3? Rockets needed to get a double digit lead while the Lakers are getting there rythem back

Bullsfan22
this game SUCKS

NYMetros
Kobe seemed to end the half well. Good sign.

FOBolous
if the rockets want to win they would need at least a 10 pt lead at half. the lakers own 2nd half of games

i will not give credit to yao for flopping

ok Laker fan

NYMetros
05-04-2009, 11:57 PM
this game SUCKS

You're spoiled from Celtics/Bulls Instant Classics.

:p

Norg
rockets are good second half 2 lately we got more youth then yall and artest never tires LOL

besides we played half court rockets ball if we play are style in the 2nd half yall will lose and will prob end up going down 2-0

if rockets win game one i smelling a sweep LOL 4-0

NFLNBA
:) as i write that Barkley and Webber both agree! Lakers are just playing bad and not hitting shots, the Rockets have played good and the game is being played at there pace and they are only down 3

FOBolous
05-04-2009, 11:58 PM
The Lakers are just rusty with having what 10 days off? Its def been the Lakers being cold and not in rythem then anything the Rockets are doing! Bynum had 2 fouls in 2 min, Odom picked up 2 fouls in 5 min of play, Lakers are 0-8 from 3. Atrest is throwing in bank 3's and the Lakers are only down 3? Rockets needed to get a double digit lead while the Lakers are getting there rythem back

The TNT analysis disagrees with you and they are known Rockets haters with them having a history of picking against Houston. That tells you something.

championships
05-04-2009, 11:58 PM
Well, so far it seems like this is more Rockets ball than Lakers ball. I expect the Lakers to come out and try to speed up their pace in the 2nd half.

I agree it is at Rockets pace right now. Good thing about that is Lakers are only down by three. I see them playing their ball in the second half and taking the game

astrosmaniac
05-04-2009, 11:59 PM

didn't a bunch of lakers fans get offended because i didn't give their team credit for what they did when i said that the jazz just looked like they were giving up? this is exactly the same thing and now they are so quick to dismiss the rockets part in it.

tr4shb0t
05-04-2009, 11:59 PM
ok Laker fan

ok rocket fan

Bullsfan22
05-05-2009, 12:00 AM
You're spoiled from Celtics/Bulls Instant Classics.

:p

lmaoo those were the days..lmao (as if it was 10 years ago)

astrosmaniac
05-05-2009, 12:01 AM
lmaoo those were the days..lmao (as if it was 10 years ago)

i believe the word you are looking for is nostalgia

Free Throw
05-05-2009, 12:01 AM
Rockets need to keep it physical, if they do, they have a pretty decent chance.

KeithLBC
05-05-2009, 12:02 AM
this game SUCKS

So quit watching it :shrug:

championships
The TNT analysis disagrees with you and they are known Rockets haters with them having a history of picking against Houston. That tells you something.

Barkley just said The Rockets played good bball and at their pace. He said Lakers played like crap, but their only down by three. Thats bad news for the Rockets

Bullsfan22
i believe the word you are looking for is nostalgia

if i had found that word i wouldn't have known how to spell it. jk man im sleep typing

NFLNBA
05-05-2009, 12:03 AM

Guess we are watching different Halftime shows because Barkley and Webber just said that the Rockets should be worried because the Lakers played bad the Rockets played good and played the game at there pace but only have a 3 point lead.

Is that not what they just said????????

I think you need to turn your volume up:clap:

superkegger
05-05-2009, 12:05 AM

They have a pretty legitimate reason for picking against Houston though...

astrosmaniac
05-05-2009, 12:06 AM
if i had found that word i wouldn't have known how to spell it.

well now you do :)

Bullsfan22
05-05-2009, 12:07 AM
So quit watching it :shrug:

I can't man...trevor ariza is playing.

superkegger
Are these playoff half times longer than the regular season?

Bullsfan22
woooow

Chronz
This aint the Rockets tempo, its LA's tempo. Despite what Chuck and Webber said, the reason they are up isnt because LA is playing bad, its because the Rockets are making them play bad.

astrosmaniac
05-05-2009, 12:08 AM
They have a pretty legitimate reason for picking against Houston though...

he doesn't mean just this series. barkley has held a grudge against us ever since he left

superkegger
05-05-2009, 12:09 AM
he doesn't mean just this series. barkley has held a grudge against us ever since he left

just saying, picking against houston the past like 5 years, has been a legitimate pick.

FOBolous
05-05-2009, 12:09 AM
Guess we are watching different Halftime shows because Barkley and Webber just said that the Rockets should be worried because the Lakers played bad the Rockets played good and played the game at there pace but only have a 3 point lead.

Is that not what they just said????????

I think you need to turn your volume up:clap:

yea I agree it's bad that's we're only down by three. Our offense hasn't been as crisp as it should've been

Bullsfan22
05-05-2009, 12:10 AM
This aint the Rockets tempo, its LA's tempo. Despite what Chuck and Webber said, the reason they are up isnt because LA is playing bad, its because the Rockets are making them play bad.

either im really sleepy or that statement makes no sense

FOBolous
05-05-2009, 12:10 AM
ok rocket fan

notice you're the only person complaining about "flopping?" none of your other Lakers fan are complaining about it. yea.

Chronz
05-05-2009, 12:11 AM
The Lakers look like they are in a rush to me, they are playing alot of 1 on 1, and to me this is more to their pace than Houstons. Houston would just as much slow it down as anyone, the difference is they dont need to play that way to win due to their defensive dominance.

Chronz
05-05-2009, 12:14 AM
either im really sleepy or that statement makes no sense

Sorry just saw the TNT halftime report (Im lagging on the playback cuz I hate commercials.) The premise of their analysis was that the reason the Rockets are up is because its their pace, but the fact that they are only up 4 should worry them because LA is playing bad, when Im saying its the defense thats making them play bad. The Lakers are going to struggle to score in stretches many more times to come in this series.

tr4shb0t
05-05-2009, 12:18 AM
notice you're the only person complaining about "flopping?" none of your other Lakers fan are complaining about it. yea.

show me where i complained about it

NFLNBA
05-05-2009, 12:20 AM
Isnt it funny how well Bynum can play when the refs dont take him out of the game? The Rockets are in trouble if Bynum starts playing like did before he went down. He has the weight to hold off Yao and can hit the little jumper to keep him honest

astrosmaniac
05-05-2009, 12:21 AM

^^ right there

tr4shb0t
05-05-2009, 12:24 AM
^^ right there

theres nothing there. i see a statement

astrosmaniac
05-05-2009, 12:26 AM
theres nothing there. i see a statement

alot of people would view that as complaining

wileyisTOFU
yao with the stuff!

astrosmaniac
brooks and kobe both heating up

NFLNBA
05-05-2009, 12:27 AM
Brooks looks like a baby Chris Rock lol

I was watching the Magic game does anyone else think that Alston looks like the cracked out character that dave chappell plays??????????? lol

pippsux
05-05-2009, 12:29 AM
Big daddy Yao came to play, I like it. Kobe going 1on 1, that's ok.

NFLNBA
05-05-2009, 12:30 AM
As much as i hate floppers you need 1 or 2 of those players! The Lakers only player that will take a charge and flop is Derek Fisher, Ive never seen Kobe give his body up for a charge

championships
05-05-2009, 12:32 AM
Thats brutal. TheLakers can't let that midget just lay up that ball. Play some D

championships
05-05-2009, 12:35 AM
Uh oh Houstons wearing down a little bit

superkegger
05-05-2009, 12:37 AM
Good game going into the 4th. SHould be a good finish.

pippsux
05-05-2009, 12:37 AM
Danger quarter. All 4 games have come down to this Q. Get Yao the ball, lakers are not fronting and keep Battier on Kobe, let's go rockets!

wileyisTOFU
05-05-2009, 12:38 AM
rockets gonna have to get it into yao and not turn it over in the 4 th to make a run at this...

JordansBulls
05-05-2009, 12:39 AM
Rockets up after 3 quarters. Rockets need this game badly.

NFLNBA
05-05-2009, 12:40 AM
Kobe is starting to drive and is also hiting the shots he was missing in the 1st half. This looks like the typical Lakers-Rockets regular season game close tell the last 5 min of the 4th tell Kobe takes over. Yao will sit for a little and lets see who the rockets go to when he does. Artest wont hit the bank 3's again lol Also with Kobe on fire wuill Phil rest him to start the 4th like usual?

wileyisTOFU
ha, phil dogging craig sager

superkegger
wow, phil just ripped sager hardcore for his suit. :laugh2:

championships
05-05-2009, 12:41 AM
Still in this Fellas. Should be a good finish

NFLNBA
05-05-2009, 12:43 AM
Wow yao just got bailed out lol Gasol actually got all ball

championships
05-05-2009, 12:44 AM
Kobe is starting to drive and is also hiting the shots he was missing in the 1st half. This looks like the typical Lakers-Rockets regular season game close tell the last 5 min of the 4th tell Kobe takes over. Yao will sit for a little and lets see who the rockets go to when he does. Artest wont hit the bank 3's again lol Also with Kobe on fire wuill Phil rest him to start the 4th like usual?

Yes it does. I just hope the end results are the same:D

NFLNBA
05-05-2009, 12:48 AM
Yao is looking REAL tired! They need to get him atleast a 2 -3 min rest then bring him back to finish the game. Gasol has great stamina and can slowly wear down Yao and thats whats happening when the game is up and down Gasol can run the floor and Yao just gets tired. Gasol and Odom having there worst playoff game and the Lakers are still there.

Lets see if Kobe and Artest get into it again!!!!!!!!!!!!

NFLNBA
05-05-2009, 12:49 AM
Sasha never thinks he fouls anyone lol

Free Throw
05-05-2009, 12:51 AM
Was Brown even touched on that dunk attempt? lol

JayAllDay
05-05-2009, 12:52 AM
Luis Scola and Sasha Vujajic look almost exactly alike
Scola's just bigger and taller

NFLNBA
05-05-2009, 12:52 AM
Okay thats considered flying! Brown needs a pilot license

NFLNBA
05-05-2009, 12:54 AM
Ive seen multiple fouls on Yao and they give the foul to someone else on the Rockets

wileyisTOFU
05-05-2009, 12:57 AM
Luis Scola and Sasha Vujajic look almost exactly alike
Scola's just bigger and taller

yeah, totaly rocking the long greasy euro hair look

superkegger
05-05-2009, 01:01 AM
uh oh, yao down, holding his knee. very not good.

wileyisTOFU
damit yao...

29$JerZ
Not surprised.

IndiansFan337
05-05-2009, 01:02 AM
uh oh, yao down, holding his knee. very not good.

This could be game changing....And possible series changing as well.

pippsux
C'mon Yao!

Draco
Should have called a foul on Kobe

Game_Over
This can't happen get up Yao!!

NotVeryOriginal
Someone please dare to tell me that the refs dont ALWAYS give the short stick to the Lakers. WTF with that phantom call on Odom going out of bounds?:mad::rolleyes:

Free Throw
05-05-2009, 01:03 AM
That was sort of a dumb drive, there was no way he was going to make it into that crease between both Rockets, then he runs right into Yao.

Draco
05-05-2009, 01:04 AM
That was sort of a dumb drive, there was no way he was going to make it into that crease between both Rockets, then he runs right into Yao.

Right and the ref's should have had their eyes open on that play.

IndiansFan337
05-05-2009, 01:05 AM
He looks in pain. It will be interesting to see if he can be effective once he gets back into the game. Adelman needs to get him back in there ASAP, before he tightens up.

Game_Over
05-05-2009, 01:05 AM
Yes lets go Yao!!

IndiansFan337
05-05-2009, 01:06 AM
He's limping noticeably. Let's see if he can go for 4 more minutes.

ink
05-05-2009, 01:07 AM
Renewed respect for Yao.

Free Throw
05-05-2009, 01:07 AM
Someone please dare to tell me that the refs dont ALWAYS give the short stick to the Lakers. WTF with that phantom call on Odom going out of bounds?:mad::rolleyes:

I dare.

The refs DON'T always, or even usually, give the short stick to the Lakers.