PDA

View Full Version : Hawks v. Cavs on Tuesday Night!

finyankhawkfan
05-03-2009, 04:24 PM
Congrats to the Hawks on their first series victory in the playoffs since 1999. Now it's on to Cleveland...predictions for how well the Hawks will match up against King James' squad? The Hawks lost 3 of 4 in the regular season, but one of those losses was at least partly due to a gift foul call on the King in the closing seconds...I've got my fingers crossed...

MDfootball36
05-03-2009, 10:44 PM
its gonna be tough
can there be an upset in Cleveland?

Hawkalicious
05-03-2009, 11:04 PM
The problem I see is that we won't be able to win in Cleveland. They only lost once (meaningful games only) there in the regular season, and we aren't a good road team anyways. I think we will definitely give them fits in Atlanta, but I see it as Cleveland in 6

josemlozada
05-04-2009, 11:17 AM
Cleveland in 5

TRoY43
05-05-2009, 05:49 PM
I dont know but I think the Hawks can pull the upset...

IndiansFan337
05-05-2009, 07:34 PM
Cleveland in 5 or 6.

prodigy
05-06-2009, 08:27 AM
Cleveland in 5 or 6.

Your being nice.

IndiansFan337
05-07-2009, 10:11 PM
Your being nice.

If ATL doesn't win on Saturday then it's a sweep. They've laid down before the 4th qtr in Games 1 & 2. If they go down 0-3 they are going to lay down in Game 4 just as easily. And with further injuries hitting the Hawks teams I don't see any reason why Cleveland's dominance will change.

IndiansFan337
05-07-2009, 10:27 PM
Joe Johnson is doubtful for Saturday's Game 3 in ATL.

ATL_Representa
05-08-2009, 08:19 AM
**** the cleveland cavaliers 1st off..Yall think this yall year??...Boy stop you clowns are headed to the finals but the result will be the same(L) as it was a few years back..You guys will never beat LA in a series anytime soon...Cleveland's hero king james will get a reality check and that weak,inconsistent jumpshot will get EXPOSED when phil puts kobe bryant on him which will show hes not as good as kobe just yet...Will and can bron stop kobe???..Not in a million ****in years,Hes going to show the cavs and the rest of america who really is the best player in the nba for those who cannot be real with themselves and just admit it..Kobe cannot and will not be stopped,Period point blank!!!!!...So dont get 2 excited and think yall THAT elite because yall are embarrassing a depleted atlanta hawks team and like i said when you meet the lakers in the finals,YOU 2 WILL BE SENT HOME PACKING and kobe will expose bron on national tv...You might wanna stay humble and not get 2 big headed because if you do the lakers will for sure blow you out the building!!!!

Oh yeah...J-SMOOTH nows your time 2 show what you got and show atlanta your the future 4 this team...And another thing cavs fans good luck containing josh because he will have a HUGE game,And thats a promise!!!!!

masalex1205
05-08-2009, 12:16 PM
bitter much?

ATL_Representa
05-08-2009, 12:32 PM
Nah just wanted to state some facts

SB75
05-08-2009, 01:56 PM
I do think this is Clev. year, but I'm hoping my Hawks can win a couple of games. LeBron is the man. He deserved the MVP and is the best player in the NBA. Kobe simply isn't big enough to check Lebron without help. Phil is way to smart to match Kobe up with LeBron for long stretches of the Game. So when you find yourself watching the game and wondering why Kobe isn't checking LeBron, remember I'm telling you now. He simply dose not have the size. Maybe at the end of the game for one or two stops if need be. That said Kobe should be able to get what he wants against D.West. West will do an admiral job, but he won't shut him down. I like the way Hou. is playing. Their going to give the Lakers a few problems. Lakers should get by but they will know they were in a series.

ATL_Representa
05-08-2009, 03:49 PM
Of course he wont be on him all the time but it certain spots(Just like artist-kobe at times) he will guard him because hes their best defender and trust me yeah he will slow lebron down(impossible to stop him completely..Imagine artest on lebron...Everybody knows hes not gone put up numbers like kobe in the same situation..Oh yeah kobe is about the only player who gets triple teamed at times and doubled everytime no matter what..Respect your oppinion but the question in the nba is not who is better now because everyone knows who that is..Its whos going to be better in a couple years..Lebron has a good chance to be better than kobe but right now hes just not better...Do i think he will be eventually??..I believe theirs a strong possibility..And believe me or not i have a family relative in the league and like i said before all i know is basketball its just apart of who my family iz..But you have the right 2 your oppinion(even tho this ones hard to understand)But i will respect dat unlike previous debates we've had....

JaySmoke
05-08-2009, 04:18 PM
atl plz stop... josh smith is just athletic.. his bball IQ is so poor.. if he wasnt as athletic as he is.. he wouldnt be in the nba.. dude is a scrub.. he cant hit shots and when he does he has to be wide open and his form takes about 5 seconds.. its so bad that no one guards him outside the paint.. hawks will never be an elite team unless they get a real center,, horford is small and a PF at best he wasnt even a factor vs miami... zaza> horford.. "j smoothe" is not a superstar sorry.. he is as inconsistant as they come..josh smith is also a big cry baby...and cant play on the road.. you will be lucky if u keep the cavs within 10. also kobe is not the best in the L.. dude needs to 7 footers to win championships.. lebron>>>>kobe. he took a bunch of role players to finals in 07 and now probably going to win it all this year with mo williams as his 1,2 punch...kobe is nowhere near what LBJ has become sorry kid..without gasol the lakers wouldve been eliminated along time ago.. lebron is still 24 years old.. kobe didnt get elite till 26-27.. and need shaq or gasol/bynum on his squad.. kobe = not the best.. lebron took a team singlehandedly to the finals when he was 22... with little help..

damon jones/eric snow
larry hughes/pavlovich
lebron
drew gooden
BIG Z

i highly doubt kobe would take that team anywhere.. lebrons presence>> kobe's

ATL_Representa
05-08-2009, 05:25 PM
atl plz stop... josh smith is just athletic.. his bball IQ is so poor.. if he wasnt as athletic as he is.. he wouldnt be in the nba.. dude is a scrub.. he cant hit shots and when he does he has to be wide open and his form takes about 5 seconds.. its so bad that no one guards him outside the paint.. hawks will never be an elite team unless they get a real center,, horford is small and a PF at best he wasnt even a factor vs miami... zaza> horford.. "j smoothe" is not a superstar sorry.. he is as inconsistant as they come..josh smith is also a big cry baby...and cant play on the road.. you will be lucky if u keep the cavs within 10. also kobe is not the best in the L.. dude needs to 7 footers to win championships.. lebron>>>>kobe. he took a bunch of role players to finals in 07 and now probably going to win it all this year with mo williams as his 1,2 punch...kobe is nowhere near what LBJ has become sorry kid..without gasol the lakers wouldve been eliminated along time ago.. lebron is still 24 years old.. kobe didnt get elite till 26-27.. and need shaq or gasol/bynum on his squad.. kobe = not the best.. lebron took a team singlehandedly to the finals when he was 22... with little help..

damon jones/eric snow
larry hughes/pavlovich
lebron
drew gooden
BIG Z

Let me tell ya something if you do not think hes not goin 2 have a huge game saturday night in atlanta you are wrong my dude because he will and the hawks will win if everybody is healthy..

And be real about it if you gone debate with me..Everybody and their mom knows cleveland had it so easy when they made it 2 the championship couple years back..The only team they played that had a real chance was detroit and we all know about that team in that series,come on man be real it was a super easy road to the finals just like it is this year for them....Look at clevelands record vs the lakers...Look at the eastern conference compared 2 the west..Look at their record vs teams like the magic,celtics,lakers,and exc...When it comes time for the nba finals the whole world will see the real...

And oh yeah real basketball minds know whos the best right now..Do ya homework kid..You will be right about lebron in 2 years though probably but as of now kobe is the best..He will show that when they clash in the finals..

How can lebron be better than kobe though??...He has no rings,Has not made the magnitude of shots kobe has and his jumpshot is so inconsistent..Like i said i think he will be the best in a couple of years however..

SB75
05-09-2009, 04:16 PM

damon jones/eric snow
larry hughes/pavlovich
lebron
drew gooden
BIG Z

1rst That was just a blanket statement. 90% of the players in the NBA wouldn't be their without their size or athleticism. We all know Josh needs to improve his IQ but that again goes for about 80% of the NBA. The Mega Stars ( LeBron, Kobe, Chris, Wade), are Mega stars because they combine both High IQ and high athleticism. You are only going to have a hand full of players with that ability, So that entire point was just mute.

2nd While I agree with you we need a real center, Players can't decide where the coach plays them. So that in know way reflects to Josh or Al. Smith has super star ability which is what most of us say. None of us say he is a super star, but we all think along with most of the national media if he puts in the work he could be something special. YOU CAN'T CALL A GUY A SCRUB THAT WOULD START FOR HALF OF THE TEAMS IN THE NBA.

3. We agree on LBJ being the best.......SCARY......

4. ATL I will respect your thoughts about Kobe, but would like to point out one flaw. A person with a high Basket Ball IQ like your self, knows you can't defend Kobe and LBJ the same way. You can't double LBJ every time down court because he is a far superior passer than Kobe or most in the NBA. He will find the open man. The kid will simply make you pay with a lay-up or open 3ptr for one of his teammates every time you send a help defender.

JaySmoke
05-10-2009, 08:11 AM
players that are stars need to be able to put teams on there back and not cry all game like smith.. smith is not a great player he is just another athlete he is not capable of the things some other average/star PF are capable of. imo smith wouldnt make any team better..people are just so caught up with his leaping ability they write him off as a good player.. you dont have to be athletic to be a star and make teams better.. if smith went to a good team like the cavs, magic, celtics, lakers.. they wouldnt become any better he is just a filler player who has freakish athletism he doesnt bring anything to the table that lamar odom, rashard, or big baby does, he is a one dimensional guy who plays for himself and no one else... with all that athletism he has he should be great.. he is not a star.. he is an average player.. you act as if he is a gamechanging star... NOPE... paul peirce is not athletic but he can change games and there are and have been plenty others.. your whole post was a blanket post..

i put josh smith in the same category with tyrus thomas.. both just athletic players with no IQ.. players cannot improve there IQ.. you either ave it or you dont.. at this point i think tyrus thomas is beter than smith..he can at least hit the outside shot...

kiznarl
05-10-2009, 09:54 AM
i put josh smith in the same category with tyrus thomas.. both just athletic players with no IQ.. players cannot improve there IQ.. you either ave it or you dont.. at this point i think tyrus thomas is beter than smith..he can at least hit the outside shot...

Smith is a lot better than Thomas, sure his outside shot may not be there yet but his defence is a lot better. Smith is inconsistent I dont think anyone will deny that but his potential is through the roof whether he reaches that is anyones guess. Disagree I think players can improve there IQ with the right attitude.

As for the person who said the cavs have no chance against the lakers that is not true. Its more likely the cavs mae the finals in the first place than the lakers. I think the way not just lebron but the whole cavs team have made easy work out of the pistons and now the hawks shows how much they have come along as a team and the addition of mo has added to them. The distribution isnt all on lebron now with mo running the point and varejao has stepped up to show he can be a starting pf and bang with the best of them.

Im hoping we can pick up game 4 so we dont get swept but dont think theres much chance of us winning a game in cavs land.

SB75
05-10-2009, 10:54 AM
players that are stars need to be able to put teams on there back and not cry all game like smith.. smith is not a great player he is just another athlete he is not capable of the things some other average/star PF are capable of. imo smith wouldnt make any team better..people are just so caught up with his leaping ability they write him off as a good player.. you dont have to be athletic to be a star and make teams better.. if smith went to a good team like the cavs, magic, celtics, lakers.. they wouldnt become any better he is just a filler player who has freakish athletism he doesnt bring anything to the table that lamar odom, rashard, or big baby does, he is a one dimensional guy who plays for himself and no one else... with all that athletism he has he should be great.. he is not a star.. he is an average player.. you act as if he is a gamechanging star... NOPE... paul peirce is not athletic but he can change games and there are and have been plenty others.. your whole post was a blanket post..

Funny thing you bring up P.Peirce, he didn't carry the Celtics anywhere when he was the man. When he was the guy leading oh how the Celtics sucked. How quickly we forget. Give Smith K.G. and Ray Allen and see how instantly he becomes better. You continue to mix my words. We all know Smith has growing to do, you even said the same thing I'm saying in your posy using different words. I say the kid has superstar talent you said he should be great with all that athleticism. So exactly what are you arguing. When you liken Smith to Thomas I start to doubt your IQ. While they both can jump out of the gym, that's where the similarity's end. Smith is a far better player than Thomas and you know that. Stop looking at what the man dose not due and start looking at what he dose. The kid has a nice post game when he gets the touches. He is an outstanding finisher around the basket, NOT JUST A DUNKER. He can drive the ball and create his own shot. He's a terrific passer for a man his size( not Magic or LeBron, more like D.Coleman). He's a terror on defense in the post. While you point at what we look at, you are only looking at two phases of his game to come up with yours. You are only looking at shot selection and his so called attitude. The kid is more than just a filler, It showed with the teams that were interested in him in free-agency. I'm guessing you are a HEAT's fan?

ATL_Representa
05-10-2009, 03:32 PM
I just dont see how people say lebron is better than kobe right now..Also kobe is an underated passer also,He is actually a great passer maybe not as good as lebron in that element but hes pretty close trust me..Imo kobe is better now and will win the championship this year but lebron will probably be better in 2 years and will eventually get his ring..I just think when a player is better defensively and offensively theirs not question whos better but thats just how it is...

-Coming from somebody whos always been more of a marvin fan(ive always seen him more complete),I really do think josh will be working with m.price in the offseason and will come back better than ever next year and make the all-star team...This team might look alot different next year!!

SB75
05-10-2009, 05:15 PM
I just dont see how people say lebron is better than kobe right now..Also kobe is an underated passer also,He is actually a great passer maybe not as good as lebron in that element but hes pretty close trust me..Imo kobe is better now and will win the championship this year but lebron will probably be better in 2 years and will eventually get his ring..I just think when a player is better defensively and offensively theirs not question whos better but thats just how it is...

-Coming from somebody whos always been more of a marvin fan(ive always seen him more complete),I really do think josh will be working with m.price in the offseason and will come back better than ever next year and make the all-star team...This team might look alot different next year!!

The thing is I don't think Kobe is better offensively or defensively. But I'll pose the same question to you that I posed to my older brother. If the Lakers and Cavs both make it to the finals( the Lakers road just got easier with Yao out) and LBJ out plays Kobe will you the admit LBJ's the better player?

bravesfan22193
05-10-2009, 05:57 PM

damon jones/eric snow
larry hughes/pavlovich
lebron
drew gooden
BIG Z

1. Josh Smith is super athletic, so what? He uses his athleticism to his benefit, is he supposed to just play with both feet on the ground and think about what he's doing, because I can guarantee he is definitely better when he's using his athleticism. If Lebron wasn't as athletic as he is, he would be an end of the bench guy at best, so your point is what exactly
2. When Horford was on the court against Miami, the Hawks were such a better team it was almost scary (except for the one game that zaza just dominated). Just look at the +/- for Horford being on the court in that series, his presence alone is valuable.
3. Kobe needs Bynum and Gasol, Lebron needs Mo Williams and Delonte West. I agree that LA has a better supporting cast but let's not spin it like Lebron has no help whatsoever, they've surrounded him with very good shooters to offset his average shooting from distance and strengthen his slashing ability. The Lakers built their team with bigs around Kobe because he can't post or slash like Lebron but he can hit shots and play within the offense much better than LBJ.
4. The year Lebron made it to the Finals was the year where the eastern conference besides DET and CLE was a joke so they won one series essentially, im not that impressed considering he got it handed to him by the spurs. That was also a good defensive team and if my memory serves correct was helped by timely three point shooting by gibson and damon jones, it was not all lebron or single-handedly lebron. Just because there aren't big names on a team doesn't mean it's a poor supporting cast

ATL_Representa
05-10-2009, 07:30 PM
Kobe is a better on ball defender than lebron definatly..He is also a better offensive player,Have you seen how many moves kobe can hit you with(More than alot) compared to lebrons 1,2 cross-over or a spin move to the bucket which is really unstoppable however i cannot say that about his inconsistent jump-shot..Every team in the league has a scouting report saying keep lebron out of the lane by making him shoot jump-shots and those wild stupid 3's he takes..With Kobe however he cannot be stopped when guarded by 1 player only sometimes even 2 lol..He will either shoot over you,drive 2 the lane and finish with a jordan like move,or just break you down and flat out embarrass you..Hes more versatle offensively and like youve said before more "refined"..Not even Ron artest can stop kobe,check the last time he made kobe mad and look what type of numbers he did..Ron Artest would cause problems for lebron and everybody knows it..Kobe has been their and hit the big shots when they needed to be hit,Hes showed hes clutch,He has the rings to show it..Like i said before everybody in the game knows whos the best as of now,the question is not if but when will lebron take that title from him...Trust me on that!!

And its tough to say SB75 you know what im sayin..I just find it hard to say lebrons better right now than a player whos when its all said and done will be ahead of jordan in the points list and will be ahead of alot of other greats to play the game..Whether yall want 2 believe it or not right now at this time kobe is the closest thing we have 2 jordan,hes going down as one of the best to ever do it..But let me ask you something sb75 if kobe gets 7 rings(very realistic) will you consider him better than jordan?..Not saying i would im just putting it out there..

SB75
05-10-2009, 09:18 PM
Kobe is a better on ball defender than lebron definatly..He is also a better offensive player,Have you seen how many moves kobe can hit you with(More than alot) compared to lebrons 1,2 cross-over or a spin move to the bucket which is really unstoppable however i cannot say that about his inconsistent jump-shot..Every team in the league has a scouting report saying keep lebron out of the lane by making him shoot jump-shots and those wild stupid 3's he takes..With Kobe however he cannot be stopped when guarded by 1 player only sometimes even 2 lol..He will either shoot over you,drive 2 the lane and finish with a jordan like move,or just break you down and flat out embarrass you..Hes more versatle offensively and like youve said before more "refined"..Not even Ron artest can stop kobe,check the last time he made kobe mad and look what type of numbers he did..Ron Artest would cause problems for lebron and everybody knows it..Kobe has been their and hit the big shots when they needed to be hit,Hes showed hes clutch,He has the rings to show it..Like i said before everybody in the game knows whos the best as of now,the question is not if but when will lebron take that title from him...Trust me on that!!

And its tough to say SB75 you know what im sayin..I just find it hard to say lebrons better right now than a player whos when its all said and done will be ahead of jordan in the points list and will be ahead of alot of other greats to play the game..Whether yall want 2 believe it or not right now at this time kobe is the closest thing we have 2 jordan,hes going down as one of the best to ever do it..But let me ask you something sb75 if kobe gets 7 rings(very realistic) will you consider him better than jordan?..Not saying i would im just putting it out there..

My friend more moves dose not mean better. It's simply how effective those moves no matter one or 50 are. Kobe has been shut down by Artest in the past and he was shut down by a combination today. But if LBJ out plays Kobe in the Championship that should end all doubt. The biggest thing Kobe fans keep forgetting is he won those Championships with Shaq. Shaq was in his prime and the most dominate player in the game at the time. Kobe hasn't won anything since. He has a collection of talent on his team worthy of a championship. He can't complain about his supporting cast any longer and has to just do it. LBJ dose not have as good of a cast around him, although it's the best one he's had. And they are good enough to get over the hump, they just don't have the individual stardom that Kobe's cast has. In Kobe's post Shaq play he and LeBron have accomplished just about the same thing. I doubt Kobe gets 7 rings, but if he dose, and leads the NBA in scoaring each year from now on out, and plays at the level he played at 05-06 with continued team wins then yes I would say so. But you still didn't answer my question. If it's one of those things were no matter what LBJ dose you will always think Kobe's the best, that's cool just say so. That will take all the debating out of it.

ATL_Representa
05-11-2009, 09:51 AM
My friend more moves dose not mean better. It's simply how effective those moves no matter one or 50 are. Kobe has been shut down by Artest in the past and he was shut down by a combination today. But if LBJ out plays Kobe in the Championship that should end all doubt. The biggest thing Kobe fans keep forgetting is he won those Championships with Shaq. Shaq was in his prime and the most dominate player in the game at the time. Kobe hasn't won anything since. He has a collection of talent on his team worthy of a championship. He can't complain about his supporting cast any longer and has to just do it. LBJ dose not have as good of a cast around him, although it's the best one he's had. And they are good enough to get over the hump, they just don't have the individual stardom that Kobe's cast has. In Kobe's post Shaq play he and LeBron have accomplished just about the same thing. I doubt Kobe gets 7 rings, but if he dose, and leads the NBA in scoaring each year from now on out, and plays at the level he played at 05-06 with continued team wins then yes I would say so. But you still didn't answer my question. If it's one of those things were no matter what LBJ dose you will always think Kobe's the best, that's cool just say so. That will take all the debating out of it.

Yeah i know that im just sayin dude is the most prolific scorer in the game imo..And Where do you exactly think lebron is better than kobe offensively??...Hope not shooting wise lol..And i promise you IF kobe bryant wanted to HE could still put up 05-06 numbers if he wanted 2 but hes matured and hes now getting his teamates more involved..In 05-06 he had 2 do all the work because he was playing with a young inexperienced team..But yeah dont get it twisted if kobe still wanted to drop them type of numbers he would do so with no problem...I do not think he will get 7 rings though either but if he wins this year it wouldnt be impossible 2 get with the team he has considering all their core players besides odom are locked up long term...

Like i said before i just cant say lebron is better at this point i have 2 give it a couple years and then see,I do think he has a very good chance 2 be better than him though just dont think he is now..

And once he wins the championship this year 2 get his 4th :) i have a feeling people will still say lebron is better..Reason why??..HYPE..People are already saying hes gone be the greatest 2 every play the game...So now people get it messed up and think hes better than kobe when hes just not yet there YET...

ATL_Representa
05-11-2009, 09:56 AM
Every championship team has a key piece 2 the puzzle..No 1 player can win it by himself..Shaq was a huge piece 2 the puzzle but without kobe,shaq wouldnt have a ring and without shaq kobe would not have one..Thats just basketball and you cannot knock kobe 4 that..

Theres always been kobe haters..LIKE A COUPLE YEARS BACK 4 EXAMPLE...EVERYBODY WAS SAYING TRACY MCGRADY WAS BETTER THAN KOBE...LOL AND DEEP DOWN EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT HAS NEVER BEEN THE CASE..IT WAS JUST PEOPLE NOT GIVING KOBE HIS DUE RESPECT..SOMETHING I WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND!!!

SB75
05-11-2009, 10:42 AM
Yeah i know that im just sayin dude is the most prolific scorer in the game imo..And Where do you exactly think lebron is better than kobe offensively??...Hope not shooting wise lol..And i promise you IF kobe bryant wanted to HE could still put up 05-06 numbers if he wanted 2 but hes matured and hes now getting his teamates more involved..In 05-06 he had 2 do all the work because he was playing with a young inexperienced team..But yeah dont get it twisted if kobe still wanted to drop them type of numbers he would do so with no problem...I do not think he will get 7 rings though either but if he wins this year it wouldnt be impossible 2 get with the team he has considering all their core players besides odom are locked up long term...

Like i said before i just cant say lebron is better at this point i have 2 give it a couple years and then see,I do think he has a very good chance 2 be better than him though just dont think he is now..

And once he wins the championship this year 2 get his 4th :) i have a feeling people will still say lebron is better..Reason why??..HYPE..People are already saying hes gone be the greatest 2 every play the game...So now people get it messed up and think hes better than kobe when hes just not yet there YET...

That's my point, theirs no sense in debating your mind is made up. No matter what LBJ dose you will think Kobe's better. While Kobe may have a better perimeter arsenal, LBJ's a better passer, help defender, team leader, post player, Rebounder, and post defender. People can get mad about the HYPE he gets, but above anyone in recent memory he has lived up to it.

We may never see a player as dominant in his prime as Shaq was ever again. He was a guy that you had to double and he was still going to shoot at least 55% from the field. Add to that he was a terrific passer for a big man and he got all your other teams big guys in foul trouble. His only major problem was free throw shooting. And while horrible, It didn't effect his dominance, because most of the time the game was well in hand by the time it could become an issue. It is a huge mistake to compare Shaq to any one else, because we won't see a big man this dominant come along any time soon. While I love Howard, his offense has miles to go before he enters Shaq's orbit. Yao is great offensively, but defensively he can't move like Shaq.

And the most important thing to remember is while every one has a 1,2 punch, KOBE WAS SHAQS SIDE KICK NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND. Kobe didn't lead the Lakers to the championship, he was the 2nd banana.

Tracey was dam good, and gave Kobe fits when they played heads up those years back. The injury's had more to due with Tracey not achieving greatness than anything else. Same with Penny who I think Shaq would have won championships with if he stayed in Orlando. That said Tracey may have had more diversity on offense than LBJ or Kobe, I just don't think he ever had the will. The want and desire to be great are underrated by most basketball fans, It takes hard work to be the very best at what you do. I don't think Tracey had that. Physical tools yes, Mental?

ATL_Representa
05-11-2009, 11:28 AM
At the end of the day we just gone have 2 agree to disagree on this topic..But like I said before when he wins his 4th this year verse the cavs,whats going to be the excuse then? Because come finals kobe will put 2 rest all the talk of whos the best in the league,Bet on it!!

Kobe wants 2 be jordan so bad,its his hero..He plays just like him,He loves being able to come through when in the limelight just like jordan..And im telling you he will get that ring this year because he has that want to be the best attitude and he can take over at will..But on a real note...Basketball hasnt been this good in a while!!

Penny wouldve been one of the best players 2 every do it had he stayed more healthy!

SB75
05-11-2009, 01:10 PM
At the end of the day we just gone have 2 agree to disagree on this topic..But like I said before when he wins his 4th this year verse the cavs,whats going to be the excuse then? Because come finals kobe will put 2 rest all the talk of whos the best in the league,Bet on it!!

Kobe wants 2 be jordan so bad,its his hero..He plays just like him,He loves being able to come through when in the limelight just like jordan..And im telling you he will get that ring this year because he has that want to be the best attitude and he can take over at will..But on a real note...Basketball hasnt been this good in a while!!

Penny wouldve been one of the best players 2 every do it had he stayed more healthy!

We can agree to disagree. But what I'm getting out of this is theirs nothing LBJ can do in your mind to over take Kobe now. If that is the case, then is more of a favorite player thing rather than best player. That I can accept all day long. If I'm reading you wrong then let me know. Is their anything in your mind LBJ can do to overtake Kobe this year?

We agree on Penny..........

ATL_Representa
05-11-2009, 01:37 PM
No what im sayin is right now i cannot say lebron is better(2 Early)..Thats not what im sayin at all,Go back and read what ive been sayin and its always been i cant say he better than lebron right now..Give it a few years then ill let you know..Ima old school type cat,you know street type ways,He gotta earn some stripes before i say he better than a cat whos been to war and fought,Feel me...

SB75
05-11-2009, 02:35 PM
No what im sayin is right now i cannot say lebron is better(2 Early)..Thats not what im sayin at all,Go back and read what ive been sayin and its always been i cant say he better than lebron right now..Give it a few years then ill let you know..Ima old school type cat,you know street type ways,He gotta earn some stripes before i say he better than a cat whos been to war and fought,Feel me...

I feel u on the war tested thing. But it's not as if LBJ is a rookie. I feel the cat has been tested. He's lived up to an incredible hype, that no one before him has lived up to. I don't think you have to wait until a guy has been doing it for 10 years to give him his due. In the 6 years he has established his self in the NBA, he has exceeded all expectations even with all the hype. It dosn't take years to recognize greatness only an open eye.

Hawkize31
05-11-2009, 03:30 PM

IM KOOL CUZ I TALK LIEK A THUG!!1! REPRAZENT HOMIE!

I disagree with most of your arguments, but this one makes me laugh the most. Kobe is more mature and getting his teammates involved more? Thats not true at all. Kobe has never gotten his teammates involved, it just not his style. The selfish style seems to work for him since he a very good player and has three rings, but don't pretend that he gets teammates involved.

First, Kobe's team has a way better record when he shoots and scores less (like getting his teammates involved), but it rarely ever happens. This year, when Kobe took less than 15 shots, the Lakers went 10-0. When he took more than 20 shots they went 26-14. When Kobe scored 20 or less, they went 17-2. When he scored 35 or more, they were 9-5. If he were the team player you say he is, wouldn't he recognize that his team does better when he spreads the ball around?

Also, in the last 4 seasons, Kobe has led all players in field goals attempted and has led the NBA in that category 3 out of 4 times. Dwayne Wade beat him this year just barely.

Kobe Bryant is not a team player. And remember, I'm not saying Kobe's bad, but you said hes a team player now and that's just ridiculous.

ATL_Representa
05-11-2009, 04:54 PM
Lol Okay hawkize what you said was irrelievent..NEXT!!