PDA

View Full Version : Will we trade CP3???

saintdrew
05-03-2009, 12:34 PM
can someone answer this for me? i think that would be the worst move we could make. they might as well remove the team from new orleans if they do that.

EX-TREME
05-03-2009, 01:39 PM
why would you trade your franchise player :confused:

intex45
05-03-2009, 01:58 PM
why would you trade your franchise player :confused:

When you don't have any money to build around him. I'm not saying it's a great idea, but when you are $20 million over the cap it's time to shed some things. It all comes down to what your goal is, maintain the best point guard in the game, or try to build a team for a championship. Besides, I hear the pistons are in the market for a point guard:D

NOsportsFAN
05-03-2009, 03:17 PM
There is a simple answer to this question.............
NO GOD D*** WAY IN ********* HELL WOULD WE EVER DO THAT SH**!!!
Chris Paul is what puts people in seats at New Orleans Arena, so what's best for New Orleans is to keep him. People keep saying "But why sacrifice a championship team in order to keep CP3?". Also a simple answer, he is the reason we are a championship contender and would be the reason for anyone who's team he is on!!! He is a major icon not only in the NBA but also in the community for his contributions to the city. He is just as important to us off the court as he is on the court!!! Let detroit fans and press keep making rumors that they can get D WEST or CP3 cause they are just dreaming. Every true hornets fans know those are our untouchables, and the have been that way since day 1, is everyone else on the team up for grabs? Also an easy question. YES everyone BUT CP3 and D WEST cause they are our core players and the reason we even got 49 wins. A championship would be nice, but remember it is New Orleans and we are use to not having one!!! So other fans dont think that us not having a title is what we are worried about, cause you are not from around here and dont understand our culture with our sports!!! Unlike all other sports cities we are loyal fans and will stick with our team no matter what (ex:the saints), so dont apply what you think your fans would do in our situation!!!!!

BOTTOM LINE: CP3 AND D WEST ARE GOING NO WHERE, sorry detroit!

GEAUX HORNETS!!!!!!

*Superman*
05-03-2009, 04:30 PM
Thats just stupid.

HoosierDaddy
05-03-2009, 06:01 PM
Yea right. Hornets would never trade CP3 to Detriot. Dream on Pistons. Attendence would fall like crazy in New Orleans and management knows that

Vinny642
05-03-2009, 10:47 PM
I would cry if we did he is my fav athlete ever!! And i dont cry from much.

Bullsfan22
05-04-2009, 10:17 AM
yeah cp3 and the saints is what brought New Orleans back together after that horrible hurricane. If they trade cp3 that would be like stripping the Sears Tower of it's support beams.

ivylleague1'
05-04-2009, 10:29 AM
NO !!!!! The team needs a dominant scorer. Find one.

IRUAM #21
05-04-2009, 06:53 PM
No, they will trade West and Chandler before they trade Paul.

TRoY43
05-05-2009, 03:29 PM

Yea i agree with u, they'll be crazy to trade CP3.

bahama0811
05-05-2009, 03:32 PM
There's no way they would trade CP3, he's the heart and soul of their team. He's the reason the fans come to the arena.

Vinny642
05-05-2009, 04:33 PM
Never if he did I'd have a heart attack. He is what you think of when you hear the word Hornets.

loki34
05-05-2009, 10:20 PM

if they trade chandler and west....
paul will demand a trade

Mckphins
05-05-2009, 11:07 PM
^not necassarily, It really depends on who we get back from the trades. Paul loves it in NO and i think his loyalty is more than that. We could get a pretty darn good player or 2 for chandler and west

Vinny642
05-05-2009, 11:13 PM
Paul wants West to stay with him. Its like a one two combo, Chandler, Cp is frineds with but ehh for the team.

umh34
05-05-2009, 11:24 PM
Would they trade him for D. Howard or D. Wade?

Vinny642
05-05-2009, 11:49 PM
IDK I wouldn't though.

umh34
05-06-2009, 12:13 AM
I hear ya. It would be hard to trade Wade for CP3 but i def dont think we would be getting riped off by any means. And vice versa

Mckphins
05-06-2009, 05:48 AM
IDK I wouldn't though.

u wouldnt give up cp3 for wade? what would u take for him?

Vinny642
05-06-2009, 03:44 PM
u wouldnt give up cp3 for wade? what would u take for him?

Hell no I wouldn't trade CP3 for Wade. Wade is great no doubt but also is kinda old like 26 or something. Cp is still 23, 24.

cro_2pac
05-07-2009, 02:03 AM
26 ain't old...but still I wouldn't trade CP3 for nobody...

BIGBREED
05-07-2009, 09:25 AM
can someone answer this for me? i think that would be the worst move we could make. they might as well remove the team from new orleans if they do that.

Are you serious? Thats not even on the airways. No one has even talked about that! Why would you bring up something so fake! Chris Paul is the franchise and he's in the front office telling Shinn what/who he want!

George Shinn met with Chris Paul to get his input on the team! Thats the latest.

Lions #81
05-13-2009, 01:07 PM
he's coming to detroit and thats it.

cro_2pac
05-13-2009, 03:34 PM
No...CP3 is staying in NOLA!!!

Lakergirl24
05-13-2009, 05:03 PM
I think the hornets would be fools to trade CP3. With a few changes to the roster, the hornets could be back competing for a title next season.

cro_2pac
05-14-2009, 03:03 PM
You said it all Lakergirl24...I think that is what we need...

Angel
05-14-2009, 10:02 PM
You'd have to be completey out of your mind to trade the best PG in basketball. PG's don't grow on trees you know. :laugh:

Mckphins
05-15-2009, 04:50 AM
^they grow out of th ground

Vinny642
05-15-2009, 07:04 PM
I thought that was what mothers were for?

Mckphins
05-15-2009, 08:52 PM
not for pg's, theyre unique

Patrick Swayze
05-17-2009, 02:09 PM
I can't even believe this is a discussion.

AIverson
05-18-2009, 11:25 AM
Equal value for CP3 is Lebron James.

Anything else is a rip off. Wade isn't even on CP3's level. Hornets better be getting Wade, Beasly, and Moon if they're considering trading him for Wade. Wade for CP3 is such a steal for the Heat it's not even funny. That Miami team becomes a contender with CP3. Seriously, that roster is better than what the Hornets have.

spatching
05-19-2009, 10:32 PM
if they trade chandler and west....
paul will demand a trade
I'm sure cp is loyal to his team mates, but he is also way to loyal to the new orleans organisation to demand a trade if he were to lose d west and tyson. im also prettty sure that anyone who we brought in for d west and/or tyson, would be someone cp would love to play with...

Mckphins
05-21-2009, 10:39 PM
We would get something pretty good in return for west and chandler, so im pretty sure apaul would want to stay and play with them!

b_rad23
05-22-2009, 01:56 PM

Anything else is a rip off. Wade isn't even on CP3's level. Hornets better be getting Wade, Beasly, and Moon if they're considering trading him for Wade. Wade for CP3 is such a steal for the Heat it's not even funny. That Miami team becomes a contender with CP3. Seriously, that roster is better than what the Hornets have.

:laugh:
:laugh::laugh:
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
:laugh::laugh::laugh::pity::laugh::laugh::laugh:
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
:laugh::laugh:
:laugh:

Good one.

Vinny642
05-22-2009, 08:48 PM
CP3 has more value then Wade, Wade is like three years older.

b_rad23
05-23-2009, 01:46 PM
CP3 has more value then Wade, Wade is like three years older.

This is what he said.

Wade is above CP3's level in most people's eyes as a top 3 player.

Then he says Wade AND Beasley AND Moon, which is beyond ridiculous.

Then he says its such a steal it's not even funny.

Then he says the Heat team is a contender with Chris Paul.

Then he said the roster is better than the Hornets roster.

All of the above is ridiculous.

That was my objection.

Vinny642
05-23-2009, 09:07 PM
LOL That guys post is weird.... especially because the Hornets are better then the Heat

BlazerNation
05-25-2009, 03:32 AM
So yeah I think the reason other teams think they can pry CP3 away is because of the financial situation the Hornets are in. It does help you by possibly getting rid of Chandler, Peja, Posey, just so that you can save money and not have to pay the luxury tax. But at the same time, trading CP3 pretty much destroys the Hornets. I would bet season tickets drop by more than 50%. So is it really worth trading him, just to save money? No it isn't. Bottom Line: Trading Chris Paul means the end of basketball in New Orleans.

tMoNEy24
05-25-2009, 04:25 AM
Kings would trade the 4th 23rd and Spencer Hawes and a future first for Cp3 =]

Vinny642
05-25-2009, 07:38 PM
Naaaaa CP is worth more then all of that. maybe West and our first.?

f19ure
05-25-2009, 08:10 PM

You're smokin' some serious sherms aren't you?

Neither Wade nor Paul had very much to contend with this season. But at least, Paul still had West. Saying that Chris Paul is a superior player to Dwyane Wade is by any stretch, ridiculous. Wade is without a doubt one of the great perimeter players of his generation. Wade can create plays for himself as well as his teammates. Wade said it himself, he loves to create, the problem is, right now, he has no one to pass it too.

The only reason I wouldn't take Wade over Paul is the age discrepancy. Three years makes for a long time in the sporting world. But, that's not to say that Dwyane Wade won't have the longer career. He's already trying to ensure longevity by attacking the rim less and shooting more jump-shots. I guess he's fallen in love with Kobe's mid-range game. Whereas Paul is heavily reliant on his explosive lane penetration to either a) score an easy lay-up b) pass it wildly inside or c) kick it out to one of the better outside shooters. Trust me, playing at that level will deteriorate your game quicker than you think.

If Wade and Paul were the same age though, you best believe I'd take Wade over Paul in a heart beat.

Vinny642
05-25-2009, 09:02 PM
Paul can shoot three better then Wade, Paul can pass better, Paul and Wade are even at leadership. Cp can get more steals. But what they guy was saying before u is that Cp have more value then anyone in the league except Lebron.

f19ure
05-25-2009, 09:33 PM
Paul can shoot three better then Wade, Paul can pass better, Paul and Wade are even at leadership. Cp can get more steals. But what they guy was saying before u is that Cp have more value then anyone in the league except Lebron.

Paul averaged 2.3 3-point shot attempts/game, averaging 36% from beyond the arc. Dwyane Wade averaged 3.5 3-point shot attempts/game, 1.2 shot attempts more than Paul, while averaging 32% from beyond the arc. All in all though, neither Paul nor Wade are that good at three-point shooting. But Wade's clearly gotten better. And the fact that he shot more threes than Paul, while still being able to average 32%, definitely needs to be addressed.

As far as passing better, it's not that Chris Paul passes better, it's that he needs to pass in order for his team to remain effective. No one outside of Paul on that team can create their own shot, except maybe West. But, they can knock down shots with some consistency (especially when healthy). Wade on the other hand, who sees the floor very well and is a great passer, also needs to average more touches than Paul because he has less offensive firepower surrounding him.

Then there's the matter of stealing. Being an efficient ball thief doesn't necessarily make you a good defender. I can think of a number of PGs that are better defensively than Paul. Deron Williams, Chauncey Billups, Andre Miller to name a few - I'm talking about lock-down, man-to-man defense of course, particularly why he's gotten owned by these point guards in the past. But, in this case Wade averaged 2.2 steals, while still blocking 1.3 shots/game. Not to mention Wade's a pretty good wing defender in his own right.

So I pretty much stand by my decision, if it weren't for Wade's age, I'd take 'em in a heart beat.

Vinny642
05-25-2009, 10:00 PM
Paul averaged 2.3 3-point shot attempts/game, averaging 36% from beyond the arc. Dwyane Wade averaged 3.5 3-point shot attempts/game, 1.2 shot attempts more than Paul, while averaging 32% from beyond the arc. All in all though, neither Paul nor Wade are that good at three-point shooting. But Wade's clearly gotten better. And the fact that he shot more threes than Paul, while still being able to average 32%, definitely needs to be addressed.

As far as passing better, it's not that Chris Paul passes better, it's that he needs to pass in order for his team to remain effective. No one outside of Paul on that team can create their own shot, except maybe West. But, they can knock down shots with some consistency (especially when healthy). Wade on the other hand, who sees the floor very well and is a great passer, also needs to average more touches than Paul because he has less offensive firepower surrounding him.

Then there's the matter of stealing. Being an efficient ball thief doesn't necessarily make you a good defender. I can think of a number of PGs that are better defensively than Paul. Deron Williams, Chauncey Billups, Andre Miller to name a few - I'm talking about lock-down, man-to-man defense of course, particularly why he's gotten owned by these point guards in the past. But, in this case Wade averaged 2.2 steals, while still blocking 1.3 shots/game. Not to mention Wade's a pretty good wing defender in his own right.

So I pretty much stand by my decision, if it weren't for Wade's age, I'd take 'em in a heart beat.

Im not saying anything bad about Wade, CP isn't a person that shoots first, he is a pass first PG but he an still shoot. They both play good defense and get the ball from steals. But do not come here and try to rip CP. Cp is clearly a better 3 point shooter. Not saying they both are great or anything. Also SGs are easy to come by as PGs and Centers are the hardest. You can stand by ur decision, I'd take paul over anybody in the league right now, am I saying he is the best NO, but its w/e.

BlazerNation
05-25-2009, 10:10 PM
Im not saying anything bad about Wade, CP isn't a person that shoots first, he is a pass first PG but he an still shoot. They both play good defense and get the ball from steals. But do not come here and try to rip CP. Cp is clearly a better 3 point shooter. Not saying they both are great or anything. Also SGs are easy to come by as PGs and Centers are the hardest. You can stand by ur decision, I'd take paul over anybody in the league right now, am I saying he is the best NO, but its w/e.

Neither are really good 3PT shooters, they are both just decent. Although I have to say that Wade really can get hot from behind the arc, despite his percentage.

As far as most valuable players in the league, I think it goes something like this, based on age, potential, skill, character, etc.:
1) LeBron James
2) Dwyane Wade (Gotta give the edge over CP because of the championship)
3) Chris Paul
4) Dwight Howard
5) Brandon Roy
6) Kevin Durant
7) Derrick Rose
8) Danny Granger
9) Deron Williams
10) Carmelo Anthony

Vinny642
05-25-2009, 10:15 PM
LOL U got Roy pretty high there, I dont think over DWill, and rose is a little high, i can totally understand y someone wuld pick wade over CP but Im not going to let CP get disrespected in a Hornets forums.

f19ure
05-25-2009, 10:32 PM

First of all, I in know way came here to rip CP3. I initially came here to read the comments posted in this thread, and felt compelled to rebuttal AIverson's redunkulous comment. Read my comments again, and you'll notice that I in no way bashed Paul.

Second of all, CP3 is not a better 3-point shooter than Wade. They are pretty much on even ground. If we were to go by your logic Carmelo Anthony would be the best 3-point shooter out of Bryant, James, Paul, and Wade (elite-level perimeter players) as he shot the highest percentage from 3-point range (37%). But we all know that's BS, Melo, Paul, and Wade are all about the same in terms of beyond the arc shooting. And even though Bryant and James didn't shoot as well as Melo, they shot more. Kobe shot 4.1 threes, while averaging 35% from 3-point range. And James shot 4.7 threes, while averaging 34% from beyond the arc (James' averages were fairly impressive - he's actually an extremely underrated 3-point shooter).

Vinny642
05-25-2009, 11:29 PM
Wade chucks up stupid shots, and sometimes it goes in, CP only shoots if he really has too.

kikeyanez
05-28-2009, 02:22 AM

Horents send :tyson chandler & chris paul to the Golden State Warriors!!!

Golden state warriors send : monta ellis n brandon wright to the toranto raptors,The Golden State will send its 7th overall pick to the Horents!

Toranto Raptors send :Chris Bosh to The Horents!

Raptors get monta ellis & brandon Wright LOOSE CHRIS BOSH

Hornets Get Chris Bosh,7th over all pick in draft via Golden State! LOOSE CHRIS PAUL & TYNSON CHANDLER

warriors get chris paul & tyson chandler LOOSE MONTA ELLIS,BRANDON WRIGHT,7TH OVERALL PICK

GEAT TRADE THE HORENTS SHED CAP & GET A STAR A TOP PICK TO BUILD THE FRANCHISE AROUND,THE WARRIORS GET A BIG MAN AN POINT GUARD,RAPTORS GET SOMETHING LONG TERM AN DONT HALF TO WORRY ABOUT GETTING NOTHING RETURN F CHRIS BOSH WALKS!

Mckphins
05-28-2009, 04:18 AM
^ no way! Warriors get paul and chandler in return for only giving up ellis, wright, and 7th pick. Would never happen

kikeyanez
05-29-2009, 02:34 AM
Yeah they would

spacemandave
05-29-2009, 03:48 AM
lol, the 7th pick in this draft wont be worth the charmin extra soft he wipes his butt with, trade the best pg in yeeeeears for some moped clown and wright something, and theres a reason i dont remember his first name....seems to me the cavs are gonna be matched up w either dwight howard or kg and perkins in the next few years and may need a big man who can d up, i.e. tyson chandler, it is 4 am and i must go to bed but maybe we can get delonte west and/or someone else from the cavs and save some cash in the process. will look into manana.

RelaxedFan
05-29-2009, 10:16 AM
Idea from Houston. Three way with Chicago.

Houston In:
CP3
Peja Stojakovic
Brad Miller

Houston Out:
Tracy McGrady
Carl Landry
Aaron Brooks
Brent Barry
Cash

Chicago In:
Tyson Chandler
Brent Barry
Tracy McGrady
21st NBA Pick (New Orleans)

Chicago Out:
Loul Deng
Brad Miller
Tyrus Thomas
16th NBA Pick
Cash Considerations

New Orleans In:
Carl Landry
Aaron Brooks
16th NBA Pick (Chicago)
Tyrus Thomas
Loul Deng
Cash Consideration from Houston (enough that would have paid for the 21st pick)
Cash Consideration form Chicago

New Orleans Out.
Chris Paul
Tyson Chandler
Peja Stojakovic

Reasons for Houston:
They keep the main core of the team that went 7 games with the Lakers. CP3 is the penetrating shooting PG they need. Miller backs up Yao. Peja is a great perimeter shooter who worked with Adelman for years with the Kings. I would even sub out Scola for Landry to make the deal work. If you keep Scola, Artest and Scola are your 3rd/4th option and Shane is your 5th. Shane as a 5th option is the making of a good team! Lastly, your bench is still strong. Peja and Wafer coming of the bench are two strong 3 point shooters.
Depth for Houston
PG CP3/Lowry
SG Artest/Wafer
SF Shane/Peja
PF Scola/Hays
C Yao/Miller

Reasons for Chicago:
Two Main Reasons:
1) T-Mac and Barry’s Contract
2) They get Chandler who can assist with guarding the big guys in the East (Howard and Garnett)
Depth for Chicago
Also, can you imagine a team in 2010 with Rose, Lebron/Wade, and Noah? Plus, they still can move Kirk for depth.
PG Rose
SG McGrady
SF John Stalmos
PF Noah
C Chandler

Reason for New Orleans:
They get a little younger, plus the save money (which is the most important thing).
They can still draft a SG with the 16th pick.
They get cash from Houston and Chicago.
They still keep a team that can compete while they work out the finances.
Depth for New Orleans.
PG Brooks
SG Butler
SF Deng
PF West
C Landry / Thomas

I don't know if numbers match up but ridicule away!

Patrick Swayze
05-29-2009, 12:30 PM
So many stupid trade ideas.

Vinny642
05-29-2009, 02:27 PM
I know people we arent giving up ****ing CP3 so get over yourselves

spacemandave
05-29-2009, 04:29 PM
delonte west(3.85 mil over 3 years) and j.j. hickson(1.3 mil over 2 years) for tyson chandler(11.3 mil over 3 years) got those from espn so they include 08-09 in contract i think... delonte west can be a good 2 man in some situations(obv a little undersized but tough) and can handle the ball a little too. jj hickson has shown some progress this year and may be a solid back up to david west but isnt a big investment and they will be gaining some good cap space as well....any thoughts?....i feel like we should get more for chandler but i mean with that contract and injury history/reputation how much would a team offer?

Vinny642
05-29-2009, 05:22 PM
IDC about anyone except Wright and Paul, and West, but west is very tradable. Chandler can go.

BIGBREED
05-30-2009, 06:12 PM
CP3 isn't going anywhere! If we're trading a star, it will be David West w/ Mo Pete's contract in a package deal!

Patrick Swayze
05-31-2009, 01:29 AM
CP3 isn't going anywhere! If we're trading a star, it will be David West w/ Mo Pete's contract in a package deal!

True. I don't even think West will go anywhere either. Hopefully Mo Pete is gone.

BIGBREED
05-31-2009, 12:35 PM
True. I don't even think West will go anywhere either. Hopefully Mo Pete is gone.

The way Mo Pete plays and given his contract, the Hornets can't trade Mo Pete just by himself. The only way to get rid of Mo Pete is by way of a package deal. No team will take his contract unless we have something of great value attached to it, like ?All-Star? David West. He's the only player that the Hornets have on the roster that actually have trade value. Antonio Daniels also have trade value because of his expiring contract. Tyson Chandler is damaged goods

EXPIRING CONTRACTS:
Players with expiring contracts are like strippers at a strip club; you already know what they're about but you still need them because of what you're trying to do.

[MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY.............MONEY]

Patrick Swayze
05-31-2009, 02:19 PM
The way Mo Pete plays and given his contract, the Hornets can't trade Mo Pete just by himself. The only way to get rid of Mo Pete is by way of a package deal. No team will take his contract unless we have something of great value attached to it, like ?All-Star? David West. He's the only player that the Hornets have on the roster that actually have trade value. Antonio Daniels also have trade value because of his expiring contract. Tyson Chandler is damaged goods

EXPIRING CONTRACTS:
Players with expiring contracts are like strippers at a strip club; you already know what they're about but you still need them because of what you're trying to do.

[MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY.............MONEY]

Yea, I know how that all works.

Chisox@22
05-31-2009, 03:54 PM
ok, i know I wont be popular on here, and I know that Trading CP# for you guys would be like Us Trading OJ Mayo at this point, or maybe even worse.

However, For the Sake of conversation, and What If it Did Happen, In order to soften the Blow, What would you guys like to get in Return. I am an Avid White Sox Fan and when the whitesox traded Carlos Lee for Scott Podsednik and Luis Vizcaino, i was like WTF? But that deal was the catalyst that made us win the World Series.

So obviously the grizzlies wouldn't be in the Minority as far as saying that they would like to have CP3 on their team, so take that as a compliment. : )

What would it take for us to Pry Him Away, because we know that we can pay him with all of our capspace, it's a matter of what would we give up IF AND BIG IF you guys traded him, remember, this would be your GM's choice and you would have nothing to do with it...public opinion that is..

Here are our assets that you could get back

the 2 pick(Rubio) ----- Mike Conley Junior -----Rudy Gay -----4 picks in Next years draft( 2 first rounders) ------#27&35 this years draft -------Capspace to take on a less than desireable contract that could help you sign more players------and Hakeem Warrick, Darko's Expiring Contract. What would you guys demand?

I would propose this:

#2 Pick, and Rudy Gay, and One of Next Years First Rounders

Would that Soften the Blow??

Vinny642
05-31-2009, 04:03 PM
LOL No becuase no one in this draft is even close to CP3's level, except Griffin but they two different positions. I like Rudy Gay but not for CP. So na

spacemandave
05-31-2009, 08:22 PM
i just wanna throw a quick lol to chisox for that first paragraph about cp3 and oj mayo...will read on now.

Vinny642
05-31-2009, 08:23 PM
lol

spacemandave
05-31-2009, 08:34 PM
well i have a man crush on marc gasol. want chandler for him?

Vinny642
05-31-2009, 09:12 PM
I play NBA 2k9 Association mode, LOL I trade away Peja, Chandler, mo Pete, Daniels, Butler, to a whole bunch of team getting people then at the end I have

PG- CP3
SG- R. Gay
SF- Rashard
PF- West
C- Gasol
----
6- C. Lee
7. Pietrus
8-12- Whoever

BIGBREED
05-31-2009, 10:01 PM
I play NBA 2k9 Association mode, LOL I trade away Peja, Chandler, mo Pete, Daniels, Butler, to a whole bunch of team getting people then at the end I have

PG- CP3
SG- R. Gay
SF- Rashard
PF- West
C- Gasol
----
6- C. Lee
7. Pietrus
8-12- Whoever

LOL...Man you have a team full of offensive players. Other than CP3, who plays defense on this team?

"NBA 2K9 Association"<<< there's no "D" in that quote and there's no "D" on your team.

Even with no Defense, I bet you still kick azz on that game?

Vinny642
05-31-2009, 10:06 PM
hell yea i just outscore them.

Chisox@22
06-04-2009, 07:57 PM
Marc gasol, rudy gay, the 2 pick

tyson chandler and cp3

Patrick Swayze
06-04-2009, 08:30 PM
Marc gasol, rudy gay, the 2 pick

tyson chandler and cp3

No thanks.

JPHX
06-04-2009, 09:37 PM
shaq for tyson + fillers

spacemandave
06-05-2009, 02:04 AM
peja?

JPHX
06-05-2009, 02:59 AM
i was thinking posey

Vinny642
06-05-2009, 02:12 PM
i really dont want shaq unless they give us like robin lopez also.

Chisox@22
06-05-2009, 02:36 PM
no thanks.

im throwing out a hypothetical
you guys are cash strapped and could lose cp3

im saying if you lost him

you wouldnt want a viable replacement for cp3 and rudy gay
and marc gasol

your going to lose chandler and cp3 anyway in this scenario

would you rather them just walk in free agency?

JPHX
06-05-2009, 03:00 PM
i really dont want shaq unless they give us like robin lopez also.

why would you want side show bob?

Patrick Swayze
06-05-2009, 03:55 PM
shaq for tyson + fillers

i was thinking posey

I think I could almost take that trade. Especially is we are able to draft a guy like BJ Mullens and he learn of off Shaq and then replace him.

im throwing out a hypothetical
you guys are cash strapped and could lose cp3

im saying if you lost him

you wouldnt want a viable replacement for cp3 and rudy gay
and marc gasol

your going to lose chandler and cp3 anyway in this scenario

would you rather them just walk in free agency?

I understand, but if they are listening to trade offers for Paul and they consider trading him they will still get more out of him. There would be so many better offers.

JPHX
06-06-2009, 02:17 AM
actually in this scenario i have posey going back to boston along with J-rich, phoenix's 14th and possibly 57th pick and ray allen going to phoenix.

so in the end it looks like this:

Suns get:
Ray Allen
Tyson Chandler

Hornets get:
Shaq

Boston gets:
J-rich
James Posey
14th
57th
box of chicken nuggets.

fair??

69centers
06-06-2009, 10:56 AM

Unfortunately, trades in the NBA don't go by a player's talent value (just ask Memphis and the Lakers), they go by financial value.

The Hornets are kind of screwed in that they don't have enough money to keep the team together. They are in huge financial stress and have to either move Paul, or basically the rest of the team. Since Paul will not likely get championship pieces back for the rest of the team, it seems more likely that if the team wants to save financial face and to win in the future to trade Paul for some decent talent.

I'm sure they wouldn't just trade him for nothing, it would more likely be for a bunch of up and coming, solid players like Rajon Rondo. :D

Mckphins
06-07-2009, 04:16 AM
^ ha nice try. No way paul goes to boston. And no way hes leaving at all!

BIGBREED
06-07-2009, 12:35 PM
Will someone please explain to me "How in the hell can we lose CP3" when he's contract runs thru 2012/2013 with the players option being that year? If we trade everybody on the team now and sign a bunch of D-league players, CP3 will have to play out his contract....PERIOD! What the hell is this "we're losing CP3 bcuz we're strapped for cash?"
CP3 is already inked into his contract! He ain't going nowhere, unless the Hornets trade him! His contracted is guaranteed. Please blog real stuff and not your XBOX fantasy!

BIGBREED
06-07-2009, 12:49 PM
Unfortunately, trades in the NBA don't go by a player's talent value (just ask Memphis and the Lakers), they go by financial value.

The Hornets are kind of screwed in that they don't have enough money to keep the team together. They are in huge financial stress and have to either move Paul, or basically the rest of the team. Since Paul will not likely get championship pieces back for the rest of the team, it seems more likely that if the team wants to save financial face and to win in the future to trade Paul for some decent talent.

I'm sure they wouldn't just trade him for nothing, it would more likely be for a bunch of up and coming, solid players like Rajon Rondo. :D

You're so funny bcuz you don't even have a clue about what you're talking about! You and Boston better worry about signing PF- Glenn Davis with yall old azz team!

Patrick Swayze
06-07-2009, 02:06 PM
Will someone please explain to me "How in the hell can we lose CP3" when he's contract runs thru 2012/2013 with the players option being that year? If we trade everybody on the team now and sign a bunch of D-league players, CP3 will have to play out his contract....PERIOD! What the hell is this "we're losing CP3 bcuz we're strapped for cash?"
CP3 is already inked into his contract! He ain't going nowhere, unless the Hornets trade him! His contracted is guaranteed. Please blog real stuff and not your XBOX fantasy!

All the teams clearing cap space, if they can't land one of the big three free agents, a lot of them are going to retain that cap space and try and grab CP3 next year. If the Hornets keep heading downhill, don't be shocked if he bolts for a team that could use him.

Vinny642
06-07-2009, 02:26 PM
But his contract year is 2013 so from now until then we have him.

BIGBREED
06-07-2009, 03:03 PM
All the teams clearing cap space, if they can't land one of the big three free agents, a lot of them are going to retain that cap space and try and grab CP3 next year. If the Hornets keep heading downhill, don't be shocked if he bolts for a team that could use him.

Chris Paul been signed a contract extension and he's signed until the year 2012/2013.

CP3 contract:
2008/2009 - $4,574,189
2009/2010 - $13,758,000
2010/2011 - $15,202,590
2011/2012 - $16,647,180
2012/2013 - $18,091,770 (Player Option)

CP3 is stuck in New Orleans people, unless he's traded!

Patrick Swayze
06-07-2009, 03:10 PM
CP3 is stuck in New Orleans people, unless he's traded!

Don't make it sound like a bad thing! :p:D

BIGBREED
06-07-2009, 03:18 PM
Don't make it sound like a bad thing! :p:D

LOL! My bad...

CP3 is a New Orleans Hornet for Life!

Vinny642
06-07-2009, 03:20 PM
lol
he is really underpaid compard to alot of players

spacemandave
06-07-2009, 09:01 PM

lol whered you hear that, friendster?...obviously the hornets are in a bad financial situation but you made quite a few (dumb) assumptions...we dont want rondo even though he played well in a series against the bulls since your one good player(pierce, ray allen is garbage) was having a bad series...if they traded chandler or west they wouldnt get nothing for them and theyre not trading cp3 and i dont care much about anyone else so let em go.

i think all last year and first 5 months of this year are more proof than the final few weeks of this regular season and playoffs were....im tellin you, jannero pargo to run the second unit and if hes hot or match up dictates(need for more than 1 ballhandler and a guy who can score by himself) let him close the game as dual pgs. cp3, pargo, posey, west, and chandler, i like it in end of game, butler, peja(or trade him for the clap and draft budinger), juju on bench would be aite, still not sold on marks and armstrong, still no back up for west...but anyway, cp3, pargo, posey, west, and chandler ftw...o man i miss watching cp3

Patrick Swayze
06-07-2009, 11:25 PM
LOL! My bad...

CP3 is a New Orleans Hornet for Life!

I like the sounds of that tons better.

69centers
06-10-2009, 08:28 AM
lol whered you hear that, friendster?...obviously the hornets are in a bad financial situation but you made quite a few (dumb) assumptions...we dont want rondo even though he played well in a series against the bulls since your one good player(pierce, ray allen is garbage) was having a bad series...if they traded chandler or west they wouldnt get nothing for them and theyre not trading cp3 and i dont care much about anyone else so let em go.

i think all last year and first 5 months of this year are more proof than the final few weeks of this regular season and playoffs were....im tellin you, jannero pargo to run the second unit and if hes hot or match up dictates(need for more than 1 ballhandler and a guy who can score by himself) let him close the game as dual pgs. cp3, pargo, posey, west, and chandler, i like it in end of game, butler, peja(or trade him for the clap and draft budinger), juju on bench would be aite, still not sold on marks and armstrong, still no back up for west...but anyway, cp3, pargo, posey, west, and chandler ftw...o man i miss watching cp3

Guess you guys are just in denial and don't want to face facts that your team is going to get severed soon. Here's some back-up to my "dumb assumptions".

Full article:
http://www.freep.com/article/20090503/COL08/905030451/1051/SPORTS03/Hornets%20%20Pistons%20win%20in%20Paul%20trade

Quote:

"The Hornets are currently $20 million over that figure for next season, according to Hoopshype.com, pushing them beyond the luxury tax threshold unless they pare significant payroll while receiving minimal in return.

Paul is the game's best point guard. He has a four-year, $63.6-million contract extension kicking in next season that the Hornets cannot afford unless they part with most of his high-priced supporting cast -- center Tyson Chandler, perimeter bomber Peja Stojakovic, power forward David West and valuable sixth man James Posey.

But should they part with some of those players for the sake of keeping Paul long-term, then there's no support for a legitimate championship run and the Hornets are dead in the nest."

Face it guys, either Paul's going or the rest of the team is gone. This equals no title in NO for a while. Their best bet is to get what they can for Paul, and try to build a team around some cheaper, but promising and/or proven talent. I doubt you guys are going to get championship caliber guys for West, Chandler, and Peja, so there's a big descision to be made by your team.

BIGBREED
06-10-2009, 10:22 AM
Guess you guys are just in denial and don't want to face facts that your team is going to get severed soon. Here's some back-up to my "dumb assumptions".

Full article:
http://www.freep.com/article/20090503/COL08/905030451/1051/SPORTS03/Hornets%20%20Pistons%20win%20in%20Paul%20trade

Quote:

"The Hornets are currently $20 million over that figure for next season, according to Hoopshype.com, pushing them beyond the luxury tax threshold unless they pare significant payroll while receiving minimal in return.

Paul is the game's best point guard. He has a four-year, $63.6-million contract extension kicking in next season that the Hornets cannot afford unless they part with most of his high-priced supporting cast -- center Tyson Chandler, perimeter bomber Peja Stojakovic, power forward David West and valuable sixth man James Posey.

But should they part with some of those players for the sake of keeping Paul long-term, then there's no support for a legitimate championship run and the Hornets are dead in the nest."

Face it guys, either Paul's going or the rest of the team is gone. This equals no title in NO for a while. Their best bet is to get what they can for Paul, and try to build a team around some cheaper, but promising and/or proven talent. I doubt you guys are going to get championship caliber guys for West, Chandler, and Peja, so there's a big descision to be made by your team.

Man, I don't know who you are but I can see that you're easily persuaded! On that Hoopshype website, you can also see the Hornets cap figures for yourself and you would see that the article is off! The NBA Luxury Tax Level (2008/2009)last year was $71,150,000; the Hornets team salary was $67,866,515, meaning the Hornets were under the NBA Tax Level! Its expected that the Tax Level will drop to an even $70 Mil for year 2009/2010! Nothing is final, its all speculation!

NBA TAX LEVEL:
2008/2009 - $71,150,000 (Hornets - $67,866,515) Hornets $3,282,485 under level

2009/2010 - $70,000,000 - CP3 salary jumps to $13,758,000 this year from last years $4,574,189
- The Hornets are expected to be @ $77,575,998 w/o signing a Rookie from draft($7,575,998 over)
- Hornets owner George Shinn has already said that he's willing to pay the Luxury Tax for 2009/2010
- CP3 contract is longer and takes up 14 mil; we would have to get other teams involved to take that big hit!
- The Hornets have the "1st option" of trading Tyson Chandler or David West or Antonio Daniels or Rasual Butler or Jams Posey before they go to extreme actions of trading CP3. Would you trade CP3 before trading those guys? Start thinking with common sense please!

[A PERSON THAT DOESN'T STAND FOR SOMETHING, WILL FALL FOR ANYTHING]

Vinny642
06-10-2009, 04:17 PM
I think CP3 is here to stay

69centers
06-11-2009, 11:38 AM
He very well might be, but that means no better team around him than he already has, and most likely, a worse team because they can't afford to pay for decent players to help for him.

BIGBREED
06-11-2009, 01:38 PM
So, I'm supposed to say "Oh no! We don't want a sorry team w/ CP3, lets trade CP3 and have a sorry team w/o CP3"

Dude..........Stop it! You just want CP3 to be a celtic and it aint gon happen sir!
With talent around him or not, CP3 is here to stay!

** If GM- Bower handles it right, The Hornets will have atleast 37mil coming of the books after next season, year 2010!

Again, Hornets owner George Shinn has already said that he'll pay the Luxury Tax for the 2009/2010 season bcuz he knows that after next season, they will have alot of money coming off the books for 2010:

Peja - $14,202,000 (early termination option)
Rasual Butler - $3,945,000
Antonio Daniels - $6,600,000
Tyson Chandler - $11,850,000 (player option; meaning Tyson could exercise his option to be paid $12,750,000)
Devin Brown - $1,100,000

TOTAL: $37,697,000 million coming off in 2010

************THE HORNETS HAVE OPTIONS******************

[STOP THINKING WITH YOU DIPSTICK JIMMY]

Vinny642
06-11-2009, 07:12 PM
lol
as long as we have cp we can build around him.

BIGBREED
06-12-2009, 01:10 AM
lol
as long as we have cp we can build around him.

Agreed!

tland22
06-12-2009, 01:51 PM
yea this thread is nonsense. The idea of CP3 leaving at this stage in the game should not even be entertained. I want to see CP3 get a NOLA tattoo down his forearm lol. That would really impress me :)

Vinny642
06-12-2009, 02:51 PM
He doesnt do tattoos.

tland22
06-12-2009, 11:23 PM
i know that he obviously does not, HENCE why a NOLA tat would really impress me...that the only tat he would get was that "NOLA". It would be sick:)