PDA

View Full Version : Ticket prices soar for Celtics Game 7

JordansBulls
05-02-2009, 03:30 PM
Source: Bostonherald (http://www.bostonherald.com/business/general/view/2009_05_02_Ticket_prices_soar_for_Celtics_Game_7/srvc=home&position=7)

Celtics passes reached a fever pitch yesterday as prices soared for Game 7.

StubHub had 80 ticket listings priced from $132 for a balcony seat to $756 courtside. But by noon, the listings had dwindled by half and the lowest balcony seat increased to $150 and courtside seats started at $1,000.

“As soon as the Bulls won, the tickets started flying off the shelves,” said Sean Tate, a StubHub spokesman. “This series is one of the most memorable ever for a first round.”

On Craigslist yesterday afternoon there were more than 600 listings for Game 7 with balcony seats starting at $89, floor seats from $250, and loge seats for $590.

Hustla23
05-02-2009, 03:31 PM
Not surprising.

Who wouldn't want a Game 7 ticket to the greatest non-finals series of all time?

Chicagofaithful
05-02-2009, 03:47 PM
thats so crazy, i bought 4 tickets for Game two in boston earlier this series and it cost me $300 for all four of them lower Level. That's nuts... glad i didnt buy them for this one.. even though i love being booed by the ppl in TD Bank

Living Legend
05-02-2009, 03:49 PM
If I had tickets I would sell those right now for big profit.

Then I would watch the game in HD at home with a nice, cheap meal.

Econo35
05-02-2009, 04:01 PM
I just get overly ticked when tickets go on sale at 11am, you get through AT 11am and they are already sold out. The fact that thousands of tickets get given to "VIPs" is a joke. These people don't go to any games during the year and when they get these tickets they don't even pay attention to the games...it's just a status symbol. Real fans who use their hard earned money to go to as many games during the season as they can, can't go to a postseason game because of the lack of availability and the prices....complete crap.

(It's the same crappy deal with the Sox too)

_Sn1P3r_
05-02-2009, 04:04 PM
Not surprising. Everyone will be tuned in to this.

EX-TREME
05-02-2009, 04:15 PM
not suprised by this

theimortalone
05-02-2009, 04:43 PM
This isn't suprising at all.

Penetra8r
05-02-2009, 04:50 PM
Its good for the season ticket holders to have a ticket for this magnitude of event.
They deserve every penny they can get for a ticket.
Go Boston Celtics
KG, have a miraculous recovery
Beat the Cavaliers
See you in LA

DrDEADalready
05-02-2009, 04:54 PM
I'll go with what everyone else said. I'm not surprised at this. Not even the slightest. :cool:

nik.jd.aitken
05-02-2009, 06:22 PM
*random statement about my lack of surprise at these events*

Can we close this thread if no one else is going to add anything new?

KeithLBC
05-02-2009, 06:26 PM
Tickets for an average Lakers game in the upper level through Craigslist or stubhub cost $75 each. $89 doesn't seem like that much :shrug:

BTownTeamsRKing
05-02-2009, 06:58 PM
I just get overly ticked when tickets go on sale at 11am, you get through AT 11am and they are already sold out. The fact that thousands of tickets get given to "VIPs" is a joke. These people don't go to any games during the year and when they get these tickets they don't even pay attention to the games...it's just a status symbol. Real fans who use their hard earned money to go to as many games during the season as they can, can't go to a postseason game because of the lack of availability and the prices....complete crap.

(It's the same crappy deal with the Sox too)

so true man. i got friends going to the games paying REDICULOUS prices. ima huge Celtics fan. been there way before anyone i know going tonight even watched a game, but I cant afford $100 balcony seats in the first round. thats insane.

i cant even get Sox tix anymore. havent been to Fenway in 2 years. the online waiting room is a joke.

superkegger
05-03-2009, 12:41 AM
If I had money, I'd have probably paid that to go see it.