PDA

View Full Version : what if the celtics kept big al?

mcyz
05-02-2009, 12:37 AM
isn't this years celtics pretty much the same team that lost 18 in a row a few years ago?
pierce,rondo,perkins,scal, tony allen,powe-hurt :( baby and pruit are draft pick from that season

added ray allen, house ,marbury and moore

guess that team wasn't so bad was it. pierce just missed 40 games

could that team of won a title if they kept big al and gomes. with the addition of ray allen of course?

superkegger
05-02-2009, 12:41 AM
Keeg Big Al means no title. That's all that matters. Moving him was worth it. End of story.

Spurred1
05-02-2009, 12:41 AM
No. There is a major reason the Celtics won. He's sitting on the bench, not playing for Minny.

mcyz
05-02-2009, 12:47 AM
ok a healthy big al

AIMelo=KillaDUO
05-02-2009, 12:47 AM
LOL! What if they kept big Al?

Well 1st off... they wouldnt have KG

and no KG means, NO NBA TITLE.

mcyz
05-02-2009, 12:49 AM
when they win the title without garnett this year i will ask you again

lwante
05-02-2009, 12:49 AM
isn't this years celtics pretty much the same team that lost 18 in a row a few years ago?
pierce,rondo,perkins,scal, tony allen,powe-hurt :( baby and pruit are draft pick from that season

could that team of won a title if they kept big al and gomes. with the addition of ray allen of course?

Did you think before you posted this bs? Rondo, Perks, and Big Baby have all come into their own because of the leadership brought on via Allen and KG... plus a couple years ago they were young and basically adjusting to the NBA as opposed to the NCAA...

I mean if jefferson were still on the team we would be a year or two away from maybe competing for the title...

It is an interesting though though had we kept jefferson and not traded jeff green to the thunder

mcyz
05-02-2009, 12:51 AM
we were a year or two away when he left add ray i think they would be pretty close

Spurred1
05-02-2009, 12:52 AM

Then you won't be asking this question again. Garnett is the primary reason they won. Without him, no title. Jefferson would not have gotten you a title last year or this year, even with Ray Allen.

Duncan = Donkey
05-02-2009, 12:59 AM
Al jeff = terrible defender

NO TITLE

mcyz
05-02-2009, 12:59 AM
yea you probably right but they were leading there division when pierce got hurt then tony played great till he got hurt . just wish i could of seen that team stay together for a couple years. they would be tough right now.

Fireworld
05-02-2009, 01:00 AM

LooooooooooL i dont think so buddy. wow your funny haha..

mcyz
05-02-2009, 01:03 AM
ok how many pts the celtics win game 7 by 20? 30?

QuaLiThADoN
05-02-2009, 01:06 AM
honestly the celts got their title but they unbuilded.... Rondo , Jefferson , Gomes could have been something to build on for the future.... but hey they got their title so fkuk it

mcyz
05-02-2009, 01:11 AM
yea but danny had a good thing going. then red passed. and he doesnt want phil to get more rings. so he made a move. hopefully phil jackson retires soon. before pierce ray and garnett do.

superkegger
05-02-2009, 01:11 AM
Had the celtics kept their team intact, it would possibly look like this:
Perkins/Powe
Jefferson/Davis
Pierce/Green
West?
Rondo

But I doubt Rondo and Perkins develop into the players they are as fast if Ray and KG aren't there.

Plus, if they go with that Youth movement, they're about where the Heat are at, is Pierce happy wtih that? Probably not, you probably move him for some younger pieces. It would be a good young team, but not a championship contender. Period.

mcyz
05-02-2009, 01:16 AM
yea but had pierce not got hurt they would of made playoffs that year and who knows after that.

superkegger
05-02-2009, 01:22 AM
yea but had pierce not got hurt they would of made playoffs that year and who knows after that.

before pierce got hurt they were 10-14, and after he got back, 10-14. So 20-28 with him doesn't sound like a playof team to me.

Corey
05-02-2009, 01:24 AM
Al's great, but he isn't anywhere close to what KG is on the defensive side of the ball.

For the C's last year, no KG meant no championship. It just wouldn't have happened.

mcyz
05-02-2009, 01:25 AM
they were leadin there division

superkegger
05-02-2009, 01:27 AM
they were leadin there division

when, this year? Yeah, because they got off to a great start, and no one else in their division is really all that good. The next closest team finished at .500

Nikolishin
05-02-2009, 01:36 AM
if the kept big al they would not be the world champion celtics they would be the world bust celtics o wait they already are

DerekRE_3
05-02-2009, 02:30 AM
OOOOO I know this what if question!!!

If the Celts had kept Big Al....they....wouldn't have Kevin Garnett.

Did I win?

superkegger
05-02-2009, 02:31 AM
OOOOO I know this what if question!!!

If the Celts had kept Big Al....they....wouldn't have Kevin Garnett.

Did I win?

No.

abe_froman
05-02-2009, 02:35 AM
they wouldnt have won the championship,but they would have a good young core to build a brighter future from

kEviN21
05-02-2009, 03:05 AM
No. There is a major reason the Celtics won. He's sitting on the bench, not playing for Minny.

Uhh he's injured? And Gomes is better then Marbury, Moore, Scalabrine, Tony Allen just to name a few. Garnett is definitely better than Al Jefferson because of his defensive presence but his new classless act isn't really worth it.

DerekRE_3
05-02-2009, 03:19 AM
Uhh he's injured? And Gomes is better then Marbury, Moore, Scalabrine, Tony Allen just to name a few. Garnett is definitely better than Al Jefferson because of his defensive presence but his new classless act isn't really worth it.

What about that new championship banner hanging in the rafters?

Hawkeye15
05-02-2009, 11:49 AM
no they would have not. Big Al is not ready yet to be a monster on a legit contender. He will be in a couple years, but by then, Pierce and Allen would have been over the hill. He still lacks on defense, even though he is much stronger at this point offensively than KG.

Soto>Norris
05-02-2009, 12:15 PM
stupid thread. statistics dont even matter. garnett brings a presence to the celts that al will never have. end of story. end thread.

LakersIn5
05-02-2009, 12:38 PM
if the celtics kept big al then the lakers would have won the 2008 championship.

Brooke
05-02-2009, 12:42 PM
they wouldnt have won it all , KG was the main reason why they won the title

surf and turf
05-02-2009, 12:47 PM

No way. KG is a special player.

hotpotato1092
05-02-2009, 12:59 PM
I'll do you one better, what if the Celtics had traded Paul Pierce for Chris Paul in the 2005 offseason? They Celtics wanted to trade Pierce to Portland for the 3rd overall pick to select Paul but Pierce heard about it and squashed the deal, so what if they had gotten Paul and Al Jeff? Scary to think about isn't it.

Kannon81
05-02-2009, 01:22 PM
fire world love your sig.

gauth25
05-02-2009, 01:26 PM

Haha ya ok there. Cleveland will run wild on you and Howard would have a field day

mcyz
05-03-2009, 03:03 AM
0_18 celtics beat bulls in toughg series
only difference plus ray allen- eddie house
minus big al -ryan gomes

mcyz
05-03-2009, 03:09 AM
yea but danny had a good thing going. then red passed. and he doesnt want phil to get more rings. so he made a move. hopefully phil jackson retires soon. before pierce ray and garnett do.

and powe not even playin

THE MTL
05-03-2009, 03:15 AM

I see that you are new cause of your post count, but one think you have to think about is all sides of the equation. I kno what you trying to say. With Big Al, the Celtics would get a guy who puts up GREAT NUMBERS and he is young.

BUT!!!! You forget how Kevin Garnett CHANGED the culture out in Boston! He changed that city and got the Celtics FIRED UP! And KG defense on Gasol was key in the Finals. KG had him on LOCKDOWN!

No KG = No Title. And in a world today where you are judged on ur titles. THE CELTICS HAVE THE MOST!!!!!

Ansy
05-03-2009, 03:22 AM
No KG = No Title. And in a world today where you are judged on ur titles. THE CELTICS HAVE THE MOST!!!!!

QFT. Winning one title is better than 10 years of winning 50+ games every season but not winning a title. The KG trade was perfect, for that reason.

td0tsfinest
05-03-2009, 08:56 AM
KG brought intangibles to the team.
He made Big Baby cry. That's the intensity, the fire he lights under every single player on this team. No offense to Big Al but he doesn't have that.

He may sound like a punk, yelling and screaming constantly, but he's a guy who gets up in your face if your not playing 200% every single second on the court.

NJ#1FAN
05-03-2009, 09:19 AM

Who are you, Al Jefferson's mom? Who cares? Boston is winning and that's all that counts, regardless of who is on the team.

TragicallyHip
05-03-2009, 10:53 AM
If we kept Jefferson, there would be no KG in Boston. And most likely no title either.

atl_braves_fan
05-03-2009, 11:38 AM
No. KG was the most important player in the title run - and his absence is what will keep them from making one this year. He is also the leader on defense that the Celtics were missing that inspired their team defensive concept that helped them win the title last year.

Kakaroach
05-04-2009, 12:44 AM
Big Al is a fantastic player, and he is a pretty good shot-blocker. But he was still young when Boston traded him for Garnett and his leadership. No Garnett, no ring.