PDA

View Full Version : Sixers' Andre Miller misses final team meeting

RaptorsFanatic
05-01-2009, 09:52 PM
-- Andre Miller's ironman streak for the Philadelphia 76ers does not extend to team meetings.

The veteran point guard who has played an NBA-high 530 straight games no-showed the Sixers' final team meeting on Friday, something his agent blamed on miscommunication between Miller and the team.

At the final roll call of the Sixers' season, center Theo Ratliff joined Miller on the unexpected absentee list.

Both veterans are unrestricted free agents and the no-shows at the team meeting further soured the mood of a franchise that was embarrassed a night earlier in a Game 6 season-ending playoff loss at home against the Orlando Magic.

Coach Tony DiLeo and team president Ed Stefanski stewed over the whereabouts of two leaders they expected to know better than to blow off a team meeting.

Stefanski considered the absences unexcused.

"I don't know if that's sending us a message or what," Stefanski said of Miller's truancy.

Blaming miscommunication in this situation is ridiculous for the amount of money these "professionals" get paid. Thats a slap in the face to the franchise, himself, and the fans of Philly.
:pity: I didnt expect this coming from Miller, who has shown such persistence and respect in the past.

Hey, MAYBE IT WAS MISCOMMUNICATION, but IMO I dont think so.

Link to article: http://www.nba.com/2009/playoffs2009/05/01/76ers.miller.ratliff.ap/index.html

Afridi786
05-01-2009, 09:54 PM
What a bunch of pricks, they are not coming back next year, and the sixers will creep back into obscurity without a solid pg.

superkegger
05-01-2009, 09:58 PM
Kinda a dick move, but whatever, don't think its really THAT big of a deal.

Jay22Redd
05-01-2009, 10:00 PM
Not a big deal, he's not returning to the sixers.

what54!?
05-01-2009, 10:41 PM
He's not coming back to them. There was no point

b_rad23
05-01-2009, 10:48 PM
It's Lou-Will time.

He'll be good.

dbow1920
05-01-2009, 11:00 PM
It's Lou-Will time.

He'll be good.

syyyyyyyyyyyyyke....he shoots like 11% from the field, plays little to no defense...theres stretches of games where he will do everything great and provide a huge spark off the bench, but then a game or 2 later he will go on a 2 for 44 shooting slump

but now onto miller and ratliff... im suprised that our 2 most professional players actually did this...they both stay quiet all season and play their roles perfectly and then go and do something like this, but whatever its not that big of a deal

IndyRealist
05-02-2009, 12:00 AM
I'm assuming they played out their season without complaint because they were auditioning for their next teams. There really was no reason for them to go to a last meeting, Philly had already told them that they're not part of the team.

What's pretty classless is for the organization to make it public to try to get one last shot in at a player who brought their team back from obscurity and was then told to piss off. If the 76ers don't feel like they owe Andre Miller anything, then why does he owe it to them?

ttam68
05-02-2009, 12:21 AM
I'm assuming they played out their season without complaint because they were auditioning for their next teams. There really was no reason for them to go to a last meeting, Philly had already told them that they're not part of the team.

What's pretty classless is for the organization to make it public to try to get one last shot in at a player who brought their team back from obscurity and was then told to piss off. If the 76ers don't feel like they owe Andre Miller anything, then why does he owe it to them?

When did any of this happen? We may still resign Dre, though its doubtful following this. And I'm sure we'd love Theo to fulfill the same role he did this year.

PhillyForLife90
05-02-2009, 12:41 AM
Yeah I didn't expect Miller to do that considering he could've very well spent his last game as a Sixer on Thursday night, and the least he could've done is have the respect of showing up to the last meeting of the season. But in case we don't resign him, good luck to wherever you go Andre Miller.

LakersIn5
05-02-2009, 05:00 AM
no point. cuz andre miller is now a FA

Trouble87
05-02-2009, 07:14 AM
frustration and Miller had to show them that he doesnt need 76ers; 76ers need him

He knows other teams are interested and this sent 76er management a message "SHOW ME THE MONEYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!"

3 Year deal with 8 mill or he walks <---- mark my words

dandman1021
05-02-2009, 07:38 AM
this is not that big of a deal

BiG bAd BrUiNs
05-02-2009, 08:01 AM
That's weak. :pity:

theimortalone
05-02-2009, 09:00 AM
Wow! :speechless:

PennyMy#1
05-02-2009, 09:16 AM
Kinda a dick move, but whatever, don't think its really THAT big of a deal.

Yep, Ego-move. But a big one ? Don't think it's a really BIG thing, too. Maybe only for 6ers fans.

Gorgon2k
05-02-2009, 09:53 AM

Back from obscurity? We traded Iverson for him... I Think our Iverson era is when we're least obscure... :rolleyes: ahhhye people speaking on what they don't know. excellent

Bubba17
05-02-2009, 10:09 AM

What the heck are you talking about? :confused:

69centers
05-02-2009, 10:35 AM
Maybe they're embarassed about how bad they played, on their home court, against a team without their best player.

Big Game Son
05-02-2009, 11:04 AM
I say good move by Miller if he isnt coming back. No offense to Philly fans, but theres problems in the organization. Dalembert is complaining, VETERANS not showing up to team meetings. Iguodala (who hasnt established himself as a superstar even tho potential is there) is talking about how he is gunna make some decisions with the GM....no thats the GM's job you just rest and work on that jumper big guy. Whats rly going on.....I will say that also the lack of outside shooting must also be a huge piss-off for a PG as the court becomes 5 feet smaller from each OOB line.

LakersIn5
05-02-2009, 12:21 PM
WHY WOULD HE ATTEND THE MEETING IF HIS NOT GOING TO PLAY WITH THEM ANYMORe?

TYoung21
05-02-2009, 02:39 PM
Thank God! Leave Miller!! You slow peice of ****, finally I get to stop hearing everyone riding your dick! Can't shoot 3's, worst on-ball defender, lazy and dribbles the ball for 20 seconds every possesion.