PDA

View Full Version : No additional action will be taken on Rondo

tdunk21
05-01-2009, 06:53 PM
I just came across this news in ESPN website.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4124025

wow...just wow...this really is terrible decision by NBA...i mean the punk commited 2 hard fouls in game 5 and the fight with hinrich in game 6 and gets away with nothing but a flagrant foul and no suspension...this is really favouritism....really absurd...so this rule should apply for evryone else...

i know there is thread about rondo foul and suspension...i thought this is news to evryone...so posting it...

superkegger
05-01-2009, 06:56 PM
I think it's the right call. :shrug:

Vinny642
05-01-2009, 06:56 PM
Surprising, he deserved the flag2 yesterday.

tdunk21
05-01-2009, 06:57 PM
I think it's the right call. :shrug:

then y was howard suspended....dalembert startd it dint he??

Duncan = Donkey
05-01-2009, 06:58 PM
WOW, its just ridiclious. Its come to be expected now though

double standards

dwight gets suspended.......rondo does not

Vinny642
05-01-2009, 07:00 PM
WOW, its just ridiclious. Its come to be expected now though

100% agreed, terrible job. IDK what can get Rondo suspended.

droalex
05-01-2009, 07:05 PM
Looks like rondo tried throwing an elbow to me. Bad call.

KG2TB
05-01-2009, 07:08 PM
Good. Let him play, be physical as hell, and whoop their *** in their house. This series has been too good to have a deciding game without him. Let him have his cheap shots, if we win the series we'll have the last laugh. I can't wait.

carter15
05-01-2009, 07:09 PM
i think theres no suspension cuz its gm 7....any other gm it wud b...altho thats not the right way to work ..i lik the decision.

tdunk21
05-01-2009, 07:11 PM
so this means he got himself a "do anything get away" license

Vinny642
05-01-2009, 07:12 PM
i think theres no suspension cuz its gm 7....any other gm it wud b...altho thats not the right way to work ..i lik the decision.

Yea I still think he shoulda got a flag2 tho

Corey
05-01-2009, 07:20 PM
It's not the same as Howard's play. Howard wound up and hit Dalembert in the head with his elbow.

Rondo and Kirk got tangled, Rondo pulled his arm and he went down. Kirk got up and pushed Rondo. Nobody got punched, nobody got an elbow in the head.

carter15
05-01-2009, 07:24 PM
It's not the same as Howard's play. Howard wound up and hit Dalembert in the head with his elbow.

Rondo and Kirk got tangled, Rondo pulled his arm and he went down. Kirk got up and pushed Rondo. Nobody got punched, nobody got an elbow in the head.
i no ur a celtics fan so that explains it...but it was more then a "pull". it was more like a throw of hinrich....or i guess u can say a very very forceful pull.

still1ballin
05-01-2009, 07:27 PM
Wow, the league is pathetic....at least a big fine at least....they saved him in game 5, and again with game 6.....disgusted

FarOutIos
05-01-2009, 07:28 PM

Exactly! The NBA doesn't give a rats @$$ about fairness. The NBA ONLY cares about $$$. There is no way they would go to game 7 without the cheap shot player who makes the game exciting.

Rondo committed a flagrant against Brad. And should have easily been ejected for throwing Hinrich into the scorers table. Just horrible.

Evolution=FACT
05-01-2009, 07:30 PM
This is not a conspiracy theory. It has come to be a fact, they want the celtics to win. The games are not fixed, but every game has been heavily biased towards the celtics, even the games in chicago.

They are just making it WAY too hard for the more talented bulls to beat the celtics.

without kg, the bulls are much better than the celtics. do NOT bring up game 3 as defense, that game was an outliar.

DA FRANCHISE
05-01-2009, 07:33 PM

dude before real with ur self the C's are done the ref's have been cheating for the the whole enitire playoff's i mean their are some may things i dont know where to start but mainly the gm5 foul now u know that's 2 shots and the ball period. u need not lie to ur self cause if they some how do win cause their not the better team the bulls are going to really hurt rondo head,arm,something their are going to be really hard fouls from now and through out the playoffs cause of this and the nba cant say anything cause they let a bum like rondo get away with it

Duncan = Donkey
05-01-2009, 07:33 PM
Rondo and Kirk got tangled, Kirk got up and pushed Rondo. Nobody got punched, nobody got an elbow in the head.

doesnt really matter both were worthy of suspensions. Rondo in 2 games.

Rondo pulled his arm and he went down.

:rolleyes:

beans439
05-01-2009, 07:34 PM
boston can do no wrong. we all know that. rondo throws hinrich into the announcers table and nothing. odom takes a step out of bounds on the baseline during an altercation with portland, suspension. its just more of the same.

FaceDown91
05-01-2009, 07:37 PM
this is amazing. The NBA really wants the celtics to win this thing lol.

Corey
05-01-2009, 07:38 PM
doesnt really matter both were worthy of suspensions. Rondo in 2 games.

Rondo pulled his arm and he went down.

:rolleyes:

Apparently not, considering the league didnt suspend Rondo.

Deal with it.

Vinny642
05-01-2009, 07:38 PM
boston can do no wrong. we all know that. rondo throws hinrich into the announcers table and nothing. odom takes a step out of bounds on the baseline during an altercation with portland, suspension. its just more of the same.

Boston gets too much sympathy from the NBA

superkegger
05-01-2009, 07:43 PM
Apparently you guys are in favor of making this league no contact. I'm not saying they were clean plays by Rondo, just sayin that it's the playoffs, things get chippy and whenever anything happens now everyone cries foul, fans and players alike. Yet at the same time you whine and ***** every single time that they call too many fouls. Christ, it's the playoffs, it's chippy, it's physical, grow a pair and deal with it.

Dol-Fan
05-01-2009, 07:44 PM
This play was way too similar to the Nash/Horry situation a few years back for the league not to take reciprocal action, Rondo was holding Kirk back as he tried to jump into the offense and threw him into the table. That being said, this has been a hell of a series and I'm happy he didn't get suspended.

Dol-Fan
05-01-2009, 07:45 PM
Apparently you guys are in favor of making this league no contact. I'm not saying they were clean plays by Rondo, just sayin that it's the playoffs, things get chippy and whenever anything happens now everyone cries foul, fans and players alike. Yet at the same time you whine and ***** every single time that they call too many fouls. Christ, it's the playoffs, it's chippy, it's physical, grow a pair and deal with it.

I completely understand where you're coming from and I agree with you but it makes it difficult not to suspend him when the league suspended Horry and Amare a few years back and Dwight a couple days ago for actions of similar severity.

superkegger
05-01-2009, 07:49 PM
I completely understand where you're coming from and I agree with you but it makes it difficult not to suspend him when the league suspended Horry and Amare a few years back and Dwight a couple days ago for actions of similar severity.

I understand that, I do. But people are just absolutely crying about this like Rondo stabbed him or something. It wasn't that bad, and people are just looking for excuses to call rigged or favoritism like a bunch of whiney *******.

Big E
05-01-2009, 07:49 PM
as a Bulls fan, I want to have Rondo playing game 7. If we beat the Celtics, I want him to be there, it would diminish it if he wasn't playing.

FaceDown91
05-01-2009, 07:51 PM
I understand that, I do. But people are just absolutely crying about this like Rondo stabbed him or something. It wasn't that bad, and people are just looking for excuses to call rigged or favoritism like a bunch of whiney *******.

lol a get out of here with that. I guarantee if the same crap happened to kobe, u would be all over the other guy's *****. Esspically if kobe got suspaned u would probably send that guy a hate/death mail.

Dol-Fan
05-01-2009, 07:52 PM

Just wait until the Celtics win in double OT behind a Rondo triple double and game-winning layup, then they'll really come out ;)

ink
05-01-2009, 07:54 PM
Apparently not, considering the league didnt suspend Rondo.

Deal with it.

+10000000000

I'm not even a Celtics fan but the constant complaining is getting unbearable in here. Instead of having a persecuted "victim" complex, Bulls fans should be bloody proud of the success of their team. If the Bulls complained as much as their fan base they'd go nowhere in these playoffs. Guys, follow the lead of your own team and stop the complaining.

superkegger
05-01-2009, 07:57 PM
lol a get out of here with that. I guarantee if the same crap happened to kobe, u would be all over the other guy's *****. Esspically if kobe got suspaned u would probably send that guy a hate/death mail.

When Kobe got clotheslined by raja bell in 05-06, I thought it was a dirty play, and a lapse of judgement on his part. Ejection worthy, but not suspension worthy. I don't hate Raja for it, not in the least, in fact I quite enjoy him as a player.

As for the rest of your post, I don't know what it has to do with anything. When Kobe got suspended for his wayward elbows two seasons ago, I thought it was probably the wrong call, but I understood what they were talking about when they said it wasn't a natural basketball move. None-the-less I didn't think they were suspension worthy.

Don't act like you know me, or anything about how I would react, because you don't.

Just wait until the Celtics win in double OT behind a Rondo triple double and game-winning layup, then they'll really come out ;)

If that happens, the NBA forum would probably implode form the flood of cry babies whining about how rigged the NBA is.

surf and turf
05-01-2009, 08:02 PM
+10000000000

I'm not even a Celtics fan but the constant complaining is getting unbearable in here. Instead of having a persecuted "victim" complex, Bulls fans should be bloody proud of the success of their team. If the Bulls complained as much as their fan base they'd go nowhere in these playoffs. Guys, follow the lead of your own team and stop the complaining.

I was thinking the same thing. And not only has the team handled themselves but the crowd at the game was pretty classy. They are suppose to boo Rondo but they didnt cry evrytime a foul was called against the bulls. Sometimes they did but in games like this the crowd is usualy relentless evry whistle, or non whistle. Sort of like the fans in here.

stawka
05-01-2009, 08:08 PM
The problem here is, certain Bulls fans are too sensitive. Hinrich was boxing Rondo out for 5 seconds after the balls was already rebounded. I think that would annoy the **** out of anyone, so round grabbed him and threw him into the bench.

Should he have done it? No. Does it deserve a suspension? Hell no! Hinrich blew it up way more then Rondo. Goes back and pushes Rondo, Dalembert got elbowed in the head by Howard and he did nothing, Dalembert elbowed Turkoglu in the face and Turk went up in his face. Didn't push him, just got in his face.

Stop being so sensitive, it's the Playoffs!

Reversed86Curse
05-01-2009, 08:13 PM
It really wasn't that bad- it probably wouldn't have even happened if Kirk wasn't boxing him out back to almost half court. Rondo shouldn't have thrown him, but it wasn't unprovoked. The Miller foul wasn't that big of a deal either- if you don't want to see physical basketball, watch the WNBA. Other than that, it's been a great series and either team deserves to win.

Afridi786
05-01-2009, 08:14 PM
I don't think it's suspension worthy, but they are letting Rondo get away with a lot without even a fine. If he did this in a game 1 or 2, and definitely in the regular season, he would have been suspended, I don't like how rules change in the post season. Anyways Game 6 officiating was the best out of all the games this series.

ink
05-01-2009, 08:18 PM
Just win the series Bulls. Simplest solution.

Afridi786
05-01-2009, 08:20 PM
Yeah let's win this Bulls, Sidenote: a Cavs fan started this topic.

KmB728
05-01-2009, 08:21 PM
+10000000000

Amen

kidfury
05-01-2009, 08:21 PM
With Horry-Suns incident and the recent Howard suspension, it does not reflect well on how the nba is dealing with Rondo. Dominant players and stars have not been immune to suspenions recently and in the past yet Rondo has dodged bullets lately. With every incident there are diffrent view points but with Rondo in back to back games with questionable actions getting the favorable decision has got to raise some eye brows. The series between the Bulls and Celtics has been absolutely incredible and every basketball fan must be excited about the upcoming game 7 in this series. A suspension now would/could blemish an otherwise wildly exciting game. Is the NBA worried about ratings or are they showing bias for a marquee franchise?

IMO Rondo should be suspended eventhough it would definitely effect the outcome of game 7. No favourtism should be shown regardless of the the star power or team a player is on - Howard has been suspended, in the past Kobe has been suspended, PHX-SAN series results very likely altered because of suspensions

bbcmillionaire
05-01-2009, 08:48 PM
yeah u know what. let boston have their rondo. bulls are gonna get even by winning.

GodsSon
05-01-2009, 08:54 PM
people are looking at this from the wrong perspective...he should be suspended for it, plain and simple...the guy intentionally whipped Hinrich into the announcers table, which had the potential to be pretty bad...no one got hurt, but that isnt the point...on top of that, he had a dirty play on Miller at the end of game 5, which should have been a flagrant 2 and had him tossed...look at it this way, if in game 7 Rondo is driving to the basket, and Miller throws his *** to the ground in a dirty play, resulting in an injury that sidelines him for the remainder of the playoffs, would everyone against a Rondo suspension still say "this is the playoffs, contact is expected"?...all a non-suspension does is create a slippery-slope for future problems.

ink
05-01-2009, 08:59 PM
people are looking at this from the wrong perspective...he should be suspended for it, plain and simple...the guy intentionally whipped Hinrich into the announcers table, which had the potential to be pretty bad...no one got hurt, but that isnt the point...look at it this way, if in game 7 Rondo is driving to the basket, and Miller throws his *** to the ground in a dirty play, resulting in an injury that sidelines him for the remainder of the playoffs, would everyone against a Rondo suspension still say "this is the playoffs, contact is expected"?...all a non-suspension does is create a slippery-slope for future problems.

Apparently you haven't read the 40-50 pages saying the same kind of thing you're saying. lol. They have already been merged together and moved. It's not like people are unsympathetic to the Bulls or not worried about officiating. The point is, the past is the past, the decision has been taken, and now it's time to move on.

Bulls just need to win the series. That's the way to settle it.

haze442200
05-01-2009, 09:01 PM
It was a pretty dirty play and I think it reflects how stupid David Stern and the NBA is. Robert Horry blew up Steve Nash like he was Ray Lewis a few years back and Amare was suspended for running 15 feet off the bench and doing nothing else. Now Rondo slings Hinrich into the stands a game after leaving Brad Miller in stitches and they take no further action? Terrible decision...

Nirvanaskurdt
05-01-2009, 09:02 PM
I am a die hard Suns fan and what happened to us against the Spurs really sucks and is unfair.. :mad:

However I wish that to happen to no other team.. trust me its not a good feeling at all. :(

So I think they made the right call as of now but in yesterdays game Rondo should have been thrown. :pity:

The best thing the Bulls can do now is play the game of their lives and shock the world :smoking:

bostncelts34
05-01-2009, 09:04 PM
Lol you guys all think he "threw him" into the table. Hinrich was al wrapped up on rondos arm and he shook him off, hard. lol

Doesnt need a suspension. Stop complaing, we already dont have KG, and now u just want rondo out lol

GodsSon
05-01-2009, 09:07 PM
Apparently you haven't read the 40-50 pages saying the same kind of thing you're saying. lol. They have already been merged together and moved. It's not like people are unsympathetic to the Bulls or not worried about officiating. The point is, the past is the past, the decision has been taken, and now it's time to move on.

Bulls just need to win the series. That's the way to settle it.

Ya i didnt bother going through it all lol...the point i was trying to get across was that a non-suspension does more bad then good, with lines potentially getting blurred on what warrants a flagrant2/suspension for the rest of the playoffs.

effen5
05-01-2009, 09:09 PM
+10000000000

Dude, these arent even bulls fans that are complaining...

I am a bulls fan and i want that dbag rondo playing, i even want KG playing so when we beat them in game 7 they will have zero excuses.

ink
05-01-2009, 09:15 PM
Ya i didnt bother going through it all lol...the point i was trying to get across was that a non-suspension does more bad then good, with lines potentially getting blurred on what warrants a flagrant2/suspension for the rest of the playoffs.

Like nirvanaskurdt said above, other teams have been ****ed by bad officiating before. It doesn't make it right, but it also really doesn't set a bad precedent. There's no point in stressing about what people have no control over. That's what Suns fans that got shafted several years ago had to learn. We had Donaghy and Stu Jackson to contend with. :pity:

In the end, the players just have to win. Sweetest revenge possible in a sport. :D

GodsSon
05-01-2009, 09:17 PM
Like nirvanaskurdt said above, other teams have been ****ed by bad officiating before. It doesn't make it right, but it also really doesn't set a bad precedent. There's no point in stressing about what people have no control over. That's what Suns fans that got shafted several years ago had to learn. We had Donaghy and Stu Jackson to contend with. :pity:

In the end, the players just have to win. Sweetest revenge possible in a sport. :D

Agreed

Max Power
05-01-2009, 09:19 PM
The precedent has been set for the rest of the playoffs. Raking guys in the face is now accceptable as is throwing guys out of bounds. Something similar will happen again in these playoffs.

We'll see if Stern and his trained monkey, Stu Jackson remain consistent in the judging of it.

We know they won't, they have zero credibility.

JordansBulls
05-01-2009, 09:19 PM
I just came across this news in ESPN website.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4124025

wow...just wow...this really is terrible decision by NBA...i mean the punk commited 2 hard fouls in game 5 and the fight with hinrich in game 6 and gets away with nothing but a flagrant foul and no suspension...this is really favouritism....really absurd...so this rule should apply for evryone else...

i know there is thread about rondo foul and suspension...i thought this is news to evryone...so posting it...

Let him play.

superkegger
05-01-2009, 09:21 PM
It was a pretty dirty play and I think it reflects how stupid David Stern and the NBA is. Robert Horry blew up Steve Nash like he was Ray Lewis a few years back and Amare was suspended for running 15 feet off the bench and doing nothing else. Now Rondo slings Hinrich into the stands a game after leaving Brad Miller in stitches and they take no further action? Terrible decision...

Oh get real, it wasn't even that bad of a hip check. Nash should get an emmy for his acting on that play. It was a hard foul, nothing else.

VinceGully
05-01-2009, 09:35 PM

i would expect you to say that...

Goon.Weezy
05-01-2009, 09:44 PM
this is some baby back ********, he deserves to be suspended, or at least get fined.

KG is teaching Rondo the way of douchebaggery

KB24PG16
05-01-2009, 09:53 PM

if u watch the replay the refs pulls rondo away right as he tries to punch him he swung thats an automatic suspension

Vinny642
05-01-2009, 09:55 PM
if u watch the replay the refs pulls rondo away right as he tries to punch him he swung thats an automatic suspension

Hinrich would've messed him up, Rondo is to frail body

jmichael7753
05-01-2009, 09:55 PM
Rondo has gotten away with high way robbery in this series. I know this is kind of beating the bush but i have to go back to the Suns spurs situation a few years back. This crack pot david stern suspends Amare stoudmire, and Boris Diaw for just coming onto the court, and now Rondo is basically acting like he is a MMA fighter and doesnt get suspended. Man ***@ THE NBA, AND ***@ DAVID ***@ing stern.

Vinny642
05-01-2009, 09:59 PM
I still think rondo should've been ejected off of a flagrant 2, then leave it at that.

Goon.Weezy
05-01-2009, 10:21 PM
what the bumbaclot

Jay22Redd
05-01-2009, 10:32 PM
Wow! Two terrible actions by Rondo and neither gets him a suspension???

BTownTeamsRKing
05-01-2009, 10:35 PM

from a Lakers fan, that means a lot. basketball is physical. u dont like it? then leave. no ones saying u gotta stay.

seriously suspension for this. not a chance.

BTownTeamsRKing
05-01-2009, 10:42 PM
Lol you guys all think he "threw him" into the table. Hinrich was al wrapped up on rondos arm and he shook him off, hard. lol

Doesnt need a suspension. Stop complaing, we already dont have KG, and now u just want rondo out lol

they cant beat the Celtics at full strength. people say they dont wish harm upon our players, however when we inconviently dont have one of them, its a celebration for the league. this goes for all sports. Brady went down and fans around the NFL partied. KG down = extasy (sp) for nba fans.

only fans on here who want the Celtics healthy are lakers fans, which it shocking but true.

VinceGully
05-01-2009, 10:50 PM
they cant beat the Celtics at full strength. people say they dont wish harm upon our players, however when we inconviently dont have one of them, its a celebration for the league. this goes for all sports. Brady went down and fans around the NFL partied. KG down = extasy (sp) for nba fans.

only fans on here who want the Celtics healthy are lakers fans, which it shocking but true.

what does this word mean?

I HAVE SAID since the playoffs started...I wish Garnett was playing. I WANT to beat yall at full strength. We have been without one of our key starters for the past few months...we're not *****ing.

Super.
05-01-2009, 11:06 PM
what does this word mean?

I HAVE SAID since the playoffs started...I wish Garnett was playing. I WANT to beat yall at full strength. We have been without one of our key starters for the past few months...we're not *****ing.

we also didnt go out and trade for anybody. you traded for salmons and miller.

thephoenixson28
05-01-2009, 11:10 PM
Hell yeah rondo should be suspended if amare and boris come of the bench and not do anything and get suspended rondo should get suspended 2 games. If you want to keep the rules as the rules he should've been suspended twice for those incidents. The one he slammed hinrich most definatley should've been a suspension. It wasn't a basketball move so therefor it should be a suspension. Rules are rules live with it I had to. The reason boston fans are against the suspension is cuz they are boston fans and for some reason a laker fan. I hope one of the bulls players puts him on his back. NBA and David stern = rigged and this situation is the reason why.

EddieB
05-01-2009, 11:57 PM
Rondo should be suspended easily, NUFF SAID

Cubs Win
05-02-2009, 12:02 AM
This is ridiculous! Rondo should definitely have been suspended. NBA officials are just amazing.

VinceGully
05-02-2009, 12:13 AM

the **** does that have to do with anything...

IndyRealist
05-02-2009, 12:18 AM
Didn't watch the game, did watch the replay like 5000 times on sportscenter. Looks like a suspension to me. If they don't call suspensions on plays like that, someone's going to get seriously hurt in the next month.

Testaverde16
05-02-2009, 12:22 AM
bad call but no surprise, and should make for a better game 7....

aWiLL 20
05-02-2009, 12:24 AM
the nba is losing alot of credibility with these calls. rules are rules. it doesnt matter if it's game 7, the 4th quarter, or a heated series...if the player does something illegal, the written penalty should be accessed. its written down. im very disappointed that they cant follow it. rondo should have been suspended.

ARMIN12NBA
05-02-2009, 12:30 AM
The NBA better follow through with this. Meaning that the next time someone hits someone across the head or hurls another player into the stands with malicious intent, there should be no penalty. It's pretty incredibly how much Rondo gets away with...as well as the entire Celtics squad. Rondo and the Celtics are very dirty. They have learned well from T.T.

slipcid
05-02-2009, 12:32 AM

dont bring that "they cant beat celtics at full strength" ****.players that are playing are the only one relevant here.

cwilson21
05-02-2009, 01:11 AM

Um yes you did. Trading is the single reason why the Celtics are associated with the playoffs again. They may have not traded for anybody this year but you guys would've never won last year or made the playoffs had you not traded for KG and Ray Allen, your 1st and 3rd best players. Who cares that the Bulls traded for players? That's kinda what you do when you want to get better i.e. Celtics of 2007-2008 and onwards.

chicago lulz
05-02-2009, 02:51 AM
First off, to those who said they were tangled up...you need to watch it again. Rondo had both hands around Hinrich's arms and he pulled/whipped him into the scorers table. It happens. These teams want to win, emotions build up, and **** happens. You don't need to sugarcoat it.
Secondly, no he should not be suspended. You can't compare this to the Howard incident. There were no elbows or fists thrown. Different acts. Also, Hinrich retaliated with a shove. Basically a shove for a shove. It's the playoffs people. In this kind of incident, I'd say let them play. Plus, I want to see Hinrich vs Rondo Round 2. And please, do not start with the "rondo could kick his ***" or "hinrich could kick his ***!!!". I'll just ignore you and assume that you are a moron.

klvanzu
05-02-2009, 03:05 AM
I'm glad the league did nothing to Rondo. I'm glad he didn't get ejected from the game as well. Rondo definitely pulled Kirk down, on purpose, and very forcefully. Rondo wasn't "shaking Kirk off" or "trying to get back into the play," but it's the playoffs and players play very physical, and try to gain an advantage by any means necessary. The NBA has basically given the Bulls the right to be as physical and cheap as they want as well. It's too bad they don't have any players that will likely do anything close to that.

Either way it's nice to see some extra curricular play and intensity. I miss the 80s and 90s grit that you'd see from the Celtics, Pistons, Lakers, Bulls, and Knicks and quite a few other teams. Plays like this make for great rivalries and bad blood between fans. It makes things fun.

mikey03
05-02-2009, 03:29 AM
^^^ the last two comments from the bulls fans gave me some more respect for them(not that i didnt already have enough).
people are trying to turn the league into table tennis. come onnn

KH12
05-02-2009, 03:40 AM
I honestly believe if Kirk did that to Rondo, he'd be suspended for game seven.

LeMarcus
05-02-2009, 04:53 AM

lol, acquiring players to have a better roster is wrong?

your statement makes no sense.

LakersIn5
05-02-2009, 05:05 AM
let him play. so celtics fans wont complain when the bulls win game 7

DamnGoat
05-02-2009, 05:08 AM
What was it that Amare got suspended for a couple years back? Didn't he just get up off the bench or some stupid crap like that?

But when the same player commits 2-3 hard fouls he doesn't even get fined, nothing? That just doesn't seem right to me.

Raidaz4Life
05-02-2009, 09:45 AM
What was it that Amare got suspended for a couple years back? Didn't he just get up off the bench or some stupid crap like that?

But when the same player commits 2-3 hard fouls he doesn't even get fined, nothing? That just doesn't seem right to me.

thank you! The NBA's double standard is ridiculous.... getting off the bench warrants a suspension yet intentionally trying to hurt a player by throwing them into a table warrants absolutely nothing. I am as big a fan of physical play as anyone else but there is a big difference between physical play and simply trying to hurt someone out of frustration and the NBA really screwed up on this one.

Rondo is and always will be a little punk.

ProdigyI
05-02-2009, 09:55 AM
my main problem is that if you suspend Robert Horry 2 games for virtually the same thing, you gotta suspend rondo.

Too much of a double standard it seems like.

GodsSon
05-02-2009, 10:30 AM

So now you can predict scenarios that never happened?...it was supposed to be a cake walk for the Celtics last year against the Hawks too, and they still got pushed to the brink of elimination...that same type of arrogance/sense of entitlement is exactly what would make a Celtics loss taste that much sweeter....hopefully someone punks KG as well

KmB728
05-02-2009, 10:34 AM
Stop complaining about the calls on Rondo.... my god! Can we just watch the game and see what happens

Super.
05-02-2009, 10:36 AM
Um yes you did. Trading is the single reason why the Celtics are associated with the playoffs again. They may have not traded for anybody this year but you guys would've never won last year or made the playoffs had you not traded for KG and Ray Allen, your 1st and 3rd best players. Who cares that the Bulls traded for players? That's kinda what you do when you want to get better i.e. Celtics of 2007-2008 and onwards.

What i meant was, we didnt go out and trade for anyone at the trade deadline like the Bulls did. this made the bulls a playoff contender and an IMMENSELY better team

Super.
05-02-2009, 10:38 AM
lol, acquiring players to have a better roster is wrong?

your statement makes no sense.

Dios mio....

it was a response to someone else, about what, i dont remember personally.

and no, that was more or less my point, that trading for better players made the bulls better

Big Game Son
05-02-2009, 10:53 AM
Its time to protest Stern. People need to make billboards and such requesting his dismissal. Hes rigging the entire league. I am not a hater of Boston or LA. I respect the teams. But this is getting way out of hand. Rondo didnt just partake in this incident. He is a classless player in this series and deserved a suspension (Ben Gordon hasnt been mister class either). Stern wants a Boston - Cavs conference final for MONEY reasons. I like Boston I respect them but this Stern action inexcusable. His goal as commissioner is to determine series results, he has shown this over and over again with Sac town, Rondo, Garnett in the regular season, The Suns - Spurs and with the MIami Dallas finals.

That all said let me clarify two things....Rondo didnt necessarily deserve a suspension (specially in playoffs it is harsh in a game seven for sure!) but no fine is inexcusable. As well I hope tonight is an excellent game and I hope Ray Allen and Derrick Rose have great games as they are classy guys with big hearts.

MVPedroia
05-02-2009, 10:54 AM
hahaha look at everybody cry. Good series Bulls, enjoying watching us the rest of the playoffs.

69centers
05-02-2009, 10:56 AM
Just like the other ruling on Rondo's play on Miller, there was no wind-up and follow through. It just happened as the two of them were getting untangled. Give it up already.

BTownTeamsRKing
05-02-2009, 10:59 AM
hahaha look at everybody cry. Good series Bulls, enjoying watching us the rest of the playoffs.

lol at the pic man. i cant believe his last name is chung. i know it sounds racist, but i mean its probably the last thing id guess. he doesnt look one ounce chinese. Butler and Chung gonna be sick

off topic, anyways, this case is closed.

no harm, no foul. play on.

Kyben36
05-02-2009, 11:21 AM
Good, that way, Kirk can woop his ***.

effen5
05-02-2009, 02:32 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzR60xPDLQs

:cry:

kidfury
05-02-2009, 05:17 PM
my main problem is that if you suspend Robert Horry 2 games for virtually the same thing, you gotta suspend rondo.

Too much of a double standard it seems like.

:clap: Is it favourtism for Boston or is it just incomptetence?