PDA

View Full Version : What does Portland need?

JordansBulls
05-01-2009, 12:35 AM
Obviously they have Roy and Aldridge but they need another scorer on that team. Who could they get and use that would fit with them?

superkegger
05-01-2009, 12:38 AM
Time and experience.

still1ballin
05-01-2009, 12:39 AM
time and experience.

+1

hawkeyefootball
05-01-2009, 12:42 AM
Kirk Hinrich. I don't want him to go. But he fits so well.

pd7631
05-01-2009, 12:45 AM
They could use a point guard. Bayless might end up being the guy, but he seems like he's a few years away. Steve Blake is ok, but a better PG would go a long way with their team. Like someone said, Kirk Hinrich would be a good option. Or if the Sixers don't re-sign Andre Miller, he would fit in really well there for a couple of years until Bayless is ready to take over.

AllTheWay
05-01-2009, 12:49 AM
Andre Miller and Kirk Hinrich would both be great fits.

Chronz
05-01-2009, 12:51 AM
A SF and/or PG. They got the 2/4/5 covered and bench covered

Lakersfan2483
05-01-2009, 12:54 AM
Obviously they have Roy and Aldridge but they need another scorer on that team. Who could they get and use that would fit with them?

All they need is more experience and for Greg Oden to develop his low post game. They need an inside guy that can get them easy baskets. Overall, they have a very talented roster with good chemistry, they just need to continue to grow as a team and develop mentally, which will come with experience.

CaptainCool79
05-01-2009, 12:59 AM
a legit PG and possibly a C that piles up more mins than fouls..

GregOden#1
05-01-2009, 01:33 AM
I think playing against Houston will have been a blessing in disguise. Sure, if we played any other team with HC in the WC we probably would've advanced, but this series exposed alot of our major weaknesses.

Outlaw needs to go, fans have said it over and over again that he costs us far more than he contributes. Great guy and possibly the best interviewer in NBA history but he's dumb as a brick and is never going to get it. Other teams probably value him a lot more than he's worth.

Blake needs to be replaced and/or moved to the bench. He's cost us at least 5 games this year, that game vs. Orlando where he missed like 5 clutch free-throws is the one that sticks in peoples heads, and he's messed up countless times versus Houston.

Batum just needs to get bigger and stronger. This is a guy alot of people pegged to be playing in the d-league and then he became our starting small forward. The guy has limitless potential, he just got exposed a bit playing against a guy that could play linebacker in the NFL. He has HOF roleplayer like qualities about him which makes him untouchable IMO, he just needs time.

Bayless just needs playtime, seriously Nate jacked him around all year and when he finally got playtime he played better than Blake did, and the Blazers went 9-4 with him starting. His stock has fallen ridiculously and I think people are going to be surprised at how good he is next year. Sergio needs to go though.

We also really could've used Martell in this series, it was tough without him all year but his long range was really really necessary against Houston. Him coming back and hopefully taking over the starting SF position again (or if Batum improves playing backup).

Most of the problems Portland has will fix themselves as time goes on, our one glaring weakness is the backup PF position, and I think McDyess will fill that role nicely if we sign him.

DRE'-MAC
05-01-2009, 01:35 AM
A time machine so they can go back in time and draft Kevin Durant

Kevin Durant, Brandon Roy, and Lamarcus Aldridge= New Big 3.

blackjack_119
05-01-2009, 01:35 AM
1. Time and experience. Houston was the most difficult mismatch for Portland (two elite perimeter defenders against Roy and Yao is actually better playing against traditional Centers.

2. Better PG defense. Aaron Brooks is not that talented (No offense.) What really kills Portland is when PG's get deep penetration. Neither Blake nor Sergio are adequate defenders. Bayless is average at best with a short wingspan. Kirk Hinrich would be an excellent fit as he is similar offensively to Steve Blake.

3. Either a better offensive system or another starter who can create for himself. Portland found itself in trouble because the offense was stagnant. Roy can obviously create for himself and Aldridge can shoot mid-range jumpers over anyone, but in order to get high % looks, the defense has to be out of rhythm (That rarely happens when the SF and PG are stationary on the perimeter.

I dont understand why Portland is adamant about developing Oden's back-to-the-basket game as his exclusive offensive contribution. Based on his sheer size alone, he would be difficult to deal with on the PNR. Very few defenders would take a charge with him barreling down the lane, and even if they did, it wouldn't be that different from the travel calls he gets on the low block.

4. A perimeter defender who is capable of defending physical wings. Batum is excellent defending smaller players and Roy is decent but doesn't like to exert to much on defense since he does so much on the other end of the floor. Portland needs a perimeter defender capable of dealing with the size of players like LeBron, Melo and Artest.

5. A low post presence off of the bench. Portland's offense is reliant on penetration which leads to open perimeter shots. The bench is filled with capable perimeter shooters, but no one is an offensive post presence. Ideally a 6'8" PF who plays with reckless abandon.

blackjack_119
05-01-2009, 01:39 AM

I think you need a second basketball on the floor for that big three.

Jabears85
05-01-2009, 01:46 AM
Kirk Hinrich. I don't want him to go. But he fits so well.

Hinrich is just a lot better version of Steve Blake basically

RISE ABOVE
05-01-2009, 01:51 AM
Time and experience.
I agree. I don't think they really need to add new players. This same group is going to be scary next year, and they'll want it more when they get to the playoffs again.

abe_froman
05-01-2009, 01:52 AM
experience and maybe a better starting pg...thats it

DRUNKCHIKSDIGME
05-01-2009, 03:10 AM
Portland needs to learn how to get stops. Their defense sucked this series. If they just get a hand full of stops, they'd win this series. But nobody's safe next year, these young cats are comin'. They will get stronger and faster while other teams get older. So this is't the last of Portland. I guess Rip city is back.

#1Mavericksfan
05-01-2009, 03:23 AM
Some vets that have been threw all the playoffs battles that all the Blazers need.

nolin
05-01-2009, 03:46 AM
kevin Durant. Oden is a bust.He will never amount to anything in this league.

superkegger
05-01-2009, 04:12 AM
I really don't think they need a whole lot of roster tweaks.

They've got 5 picks in this draft (1 first 4 seconds). If they can move those and something with outlaw and webster to land a better SF, I think they'll be fine. Bayless should be able to come along more next year and help them at the point, and Oden should be more comfortable and better next year. I really think they're going to be fine though. This is the current Blazers first trip to the playoffs, and they're still very young. Give them time and be patient before you do anything drastic.

abe_froman
05-01-2009, 04:16 AM
I really don't think they need a whole lot of roster tweaks.

They've got 5 picks in this draft (1 first 4 seconds). If they can move those and something with outlaw and webster to land a better SF

bulls might jump on a deng for package consisting of that deal

icon1914
05-01-2009, 04:34 AM
kevin Durant. Oden is a bust.He will never amount to anything in this league.

Alright.... I thought the Blazers should have taken Durant as well... but to call Oden a bust after one season is a stretch.

The problem with Oden is people did not expect him to be a what he is--a project. Most seemed to believe this kid would come in and get 15 and 9 rookie year and only improve... well that is not happening, but thats not the end of the world either. He is a project. A 7 foot tall big man with little to no offensive abilities is going to have a tough time in the league his first few years. Defense is something he is going to have to improve on, but that can be said for any rookie. Oden has potential, and seems to have a decent work ethic so I would not be so quick to write him off.

Yeah he could end being a bust, but he could end up being the a very solid big man that most teams would love to have. One season is not enough to toss him under a bus.

The Blazers need a better PG and more time... they are fine everywhere else.

superkegger
05-01-2009, 04:39 AM
bulls might jump on a deng for package consisting of that deal

I'm not sure the Blazers would. Deng is an intesting player. He had a great season 2 years ago, since then he's declined in each season. Injuries played a part, but still. He very well may fit nicely with Roy and Aldridge and Oden as a nice 3rd offensive option who can defend decently, but who knows. It could work, but I'm not sure with his decline in production the Blazers would pull the trigger on that.

azkarraga
05-01-2009, 05:18 AM
they are weak on defense and too much offense dependant on roy. much too dependant.

KnicksorBust
05-01-2009, 06:56 AM
I really thought they should have traded for Richard Jefferson. He's a good shooter, plays good D and has tons of playoff experience. I like the idea of getting Hinrich too because it probably wouldn't cost that much (except in salary).

I really don't like the idea of a young team trying to keep all it's 9 young players together. You need vets and you don't need to be as deep as they are. Thin it out with better quality and guys like Jefferson/Hinrich to help Roy/Aldridge take it to the next level.

Kyben36
05-01-2009, 07:18 AM
Vet Leadership

acm007
05-01-2009, 08:41 AM
If Chris Paul was deemed movable, then they would probably be one of the front-runners in acquiring him considering their amazing depth. it would probably take something along the lines of outlaw+bayless+oden+ 1st round picks and take chandler too. but a team of paul-roy-webster-chandler-aldridge would most likely challenge the lakers. it would make portland into contenders, and give hope to NO. but chris paul becoming available is a big if

GregOden#1
05-01-2009, 09:07 AM
NO is only going to want to move CP3 if they are hemorrhaging cash and if that's the case why would they want Oden's #1 pick contract and 2 first rounders? If CP3 is getting moved for purely cash reasons and the Hornets will be moving their team (because otherwise their fans will kill the owner) then this is probably the best deal they'd be able to get:

Blake+Outlaw+Bayless+Rudy+5 second rounders

For

CP3+Peja/Chandler

It saves NOH a ton of cash (Blake and Outlaw can be waived essentially making them expirings despite being past the deadline) and 2 excellent prospects in Rudy and Bayless.

This trade is beyond a pipe dream from a trade value standpoint. I can't think of a team that can offer a more attractive deal than this from a financial standpoint as well as offering talented prospects.

Hellcrooner
05-01-2009, 09:20 AM
I completely disagree about needing more scorers, Outlow and Rudy can really score.

they need to go just TWO REAL deap at each position instead of three youngsters deep like they are now.

They Also need Defense from the SF and PG `position and a pass first PG (Bayless, sergio and Blake are all "attaking" guards".

Basically in my opinion they need to keep:

Starters x,Roy,x,Aldrige,Oden.

Bench Blake,Rudy,Batum,Outlow,Pryzbilla

then use the various picks they have + sergio + bayless+webster +Frye and try to turn them into something like RUBIO then Use FA Money to get Artest

Hellcrooner
05-01-2009, 09:23 AM
Also if they could involve Chicago in a HInrich+Deng for Bayless, Rudy and Webster + pick trade they could become Fearfull

dandman1021
05-01-2009, 09:36 AM
i believe someone that would be perfect on that team is James Posey

bogmon
05-01-2009, 10:21 AM
We could have had Hinrich this year already, but Pritchard wanted to " go to battle with the team he had".....Now they are gonna go after him and because of his elevated play he is gonna cost MUCH more....

Next- I am gonna thump this from my soapbox til it isn't a possibility anymore, but the Blazers should sign CARLOS BOOZER.....fans disagree with me....but this series proves that we need inside scoring/ rebounding....and ALOT more toughness.....
Brandon Roy and Lamarcus Aldridge cannot be forced to score all the points and make all the defensive plays.

Hellcrooner
05-01-2009, 10:24 AM
^give more shots to Outlow and Allow Rudy to go in wiht the ball wich he know hoaw to do ( Ask Dwight) instead of having him as a Kapono like set up 3 point shoter.

aman_13
05-01-2009, 10:38 AM
Time and experience.

Ya i agree, all they need is time and experience.

raptor fan
05-01-2009, 11:38 AM
i think they need to package some of their young players, and make a move for a veteran but still young allstar player to play alongside roy. Chris Bosh would be a perfect fit in portland. if they dont want to give up aldridge, then a move like travis outlaw for james posey makes sense, and then they could add mcdyess via free agency

atl_braves_fan
05-01-2009, 11:47 AM
I think they just need another year of experience to be dangerous, but imagine how good they would be if they had drafted Kevin Durant instead of Benjamin Buttons.

masalex1205
05-01-2009, 11:57 AM
NO is only going to want to move CP3 if they are hemorrhaging cash and if that's the case why would they want Oden's #1 pick contract and 2 first rounders? If CP3 is getting moved for purely cash reasons and the Hornets will be moving their team (because otherwise their fans will kill the owner) then this is probably the best deal they'd be able to get:

For

CP3+Peja/Chandler

It saves NOH a ton of cash (Blake and Outlaw can be waived essentially making them expirings despite being past the deadline) and 2 excellent prospects in Rudy and Bayless.

This trade is beyond a pipe dream from a trade value standpoint. I can't think of a team that can offer a more attractive deal than this from a financial standpoint as well as offering talented prospects.

If the Hornets were moving Chris Paul for financial reasons then Stern should just shut down that franchise.

The Hornets would have to demand Aldridge or about have the team to move Paul anyway.

TheDiggler
05-01-2009, 12:13 PM
In that order: Trust, Time and a good coach.

Lakergirl24
05-01-2009, 01:15 PM
if they can trade a few of their young guys for a proven veteran, then I'd do that. Otherwise I think they are fine as is. They just need to gain more experience and grow. But bringing in someone that has been deep in the playoffs and can provide leadership can help this team a lot.

Tblaze
05-01-2009, 02:07 PM

I can't agree more, and while NO wants to cut costs, they might consider letting him go for pretty cheap to get rid of his contract. I think Posey would be a PERFECT addition to this team. However, Webster used to be our starting SF and we didn't get to play him all season, he might very well be our answer at the SF.

Hinrich or Andre Miller would be a good fit as well at the pg.

And we need a bruiser to backup LA. Something like Brandon Bass.

Spurred1
05-01-2009, 11:07 PM
More time-this was their first playoff experience together. They've got a young team that requires more time to develop-don't make any hasty changes just based on one playoff series.

La11
05-01-2009, 11:24 PM
they need chris bosh. alridge, outlaw and first round pick for bosh

LA412
05-01-2009, 11:27 PM
Point Guard, improved bench

dibacco59
05-01-2009, 11:55 PM
i am a huge sixers fan (unfortunately) but i really like this portland team and i think they have monster potential. they did a great job of rebuilding and they will def. be a contender for years to come. roy is gona be a superstar, aldridge reminds me a lot of rasheed wallace, and rudy fernandez is going to be a stud. all they need is an experienced point guard and i hate to say it but i think andre miller is a perfect fit. if that happens then i smell championships in the future for this team

IversonIsKrazy
05-02-2009, 12:08 AM
i think Blake is a good enough PG, and get SF who can score.

x_notorious
05-02-2009, 12:13 AM
A 3rd option

IndyRealist
05-02-2009, 12:13 AM
I think playing against Houston will have been a blessing in disguise. Sure, if we played any other team with HC in the WC we probably would've advanced, but this series exposed alot of our major weaknesses.

Outlaw needs to go, fans have said it over and over again that he costs us far more than he contributes. Great guy and possibly the best interviewer in NBA history but he's dumb as a brick and is never going to get it. Other teams probably value him a lot more than he's worth.

Blake needs to be replaced and/or moved to the bench. He's cost us at least 5 games this year, that game vs. Orlando where he missed like 5 clutch free-throws is the one that sticks in peoples heads, and he's messed up countless times versus Houston.

Batum just needs to get bigger and stronger. This is a guy alot of people pegged to be playing in the d-league and then he became our starting small forward. The guy has limitless potential, he just got exposed a bit playing against a guy that could play linebacker in the NFL. He has HOF roleplayer like qualities about him which makes him untouchable IMO, he just needs time.

Bayless just needs playtime, seriously Nate jacked him around all year and when he finally got playtime he played better than Blake did, and the Blazers went 9-4 with him starting. His stock has fallen ridiculously and I think people are going to be surprised at how good he is next year. Sergio needs to go though.

We also really could've used Martell in this series, it was tough without him all year but his long range was really really necessary against Houston. Him coming back and hopefully taking over the starting SF position again (or if Batum improves playing backup).

Most of the problems Portland has will fix themselves as time goes on, our one glaring weakness is the backup PF position, and I think McDyess will fill that role nicely if we sign him.

+1. Can't believe I just typed that, but there it is. :smoking:

nolin
05-02-2009, 12:23 AM
Alright.... I thought the Blazers should have taken Durant as well... but to call Oden a bust after one season is a stretch.

The problem with Oden is people did not expect him to be a what he is--a project. Most seemed to believe this kid would come in and get 15 and 9 rookie year and only improve... well that is not happening, but thats not the end of the world either. He is a project. A 7 foot tall big man with little to no offensive abilities is going to have a tough time in the league his first few years. Defense is something he is going to have to improve on, but that can be said for any rookie. Oden has potential, and seems to have a decent work ethic so I would not be so quick to write him off.

Yeah he could end being a bust, but he could end up being the a very solid big man that most teams would love to have. One season is not enough to toss him under a bus.

The Blazers need a better PG and more time... they are fine everywhere else.

He is a 7ft bust. agree or not thats what he is. the guy is to slow to even move his feet and play solid D. He will end up having a short career due to injuries.. And his name will be 1st on the list 10 years from now when people are talking about the biggest bust in nba history.

JordansBulls
05-02-2009, 02:43 PM

Yeah Posey would be good as a backup though. Portland needs another scorer though. Like someone like Artest.

Testaverde16
05-02-2009, 02:51 PM
its mostly just a lack of experience at this point... give em some time.

bayless
fernandez
roy
aldridge
oden

look like champs in 3-5 years

Hellcrooner
05-02-2009, 03:06 PM
they DONT NEED more scorers at ALL.

Bayless, Rudy, Outlow ALL of them can average 20ppg given a correct amount of shots.

Hellcrooner
05-02-2009, 03:07 PM
i also think Mcmillan should be removed.

Come on he has Bayless,Sergio, Rudy, Roy, Outlow, Webster, Aldrige he can play a VERY FAST PACE because all of them know how to run but he keeps playing half court....

JordansBulls
05-02-2009, 03:10 PM
they DONT NEED more scorers at ALL.

Bayless, Rudy, Outlow ALL of them can average 20ppg given a correct amount of shots.

They need a consistent 3rd option.

Tblaze
05-02-2009, 03:26 PM
They need a consistent 3rd option.

I agree, they have scorers next to roy and aldridge, but they cant rely on them all the time. Rudy and Outlaw are both great scorers, but they're also very incosistent.. Therfor it might be a good idea to move one of these 2 in a package for a consistent 3rd scorer. If it was up to me I'd trade outlaw, he relies too much on outside contested jumpers.

I think Artest could be a good fit, but I really doubt portland wants to do with his ghetto history seeing they're building a team full of good guys..

NYMetros
05-02-2009, 03:27 PM
Experience.

valade16
05-03-2009, 06:40 AM
Anyone who says Rudy Fernandez isn't a good 3rd scoring option has NEVER seen anything he did in Europe. He is so freaking good it's scary. He can create his own shot, he can shoot, he can drive, he's great!

All he needs is a year or 2 under his belt playing in the States before he explodes! Not to mention he was our most clutch player in the Houston series outside of Roy.

Why is everyone so down on Rudy? He's a freak, if we trade him we've got another Jermaine O'Neal situation on our hands (watching one of our pine ridin' players dominate for another team).

keep RUDY!!!

koreancabbage
05-03-2009, 07:33 AM

For

CP3+Peja/Chandler

what are you smoking- they will never move CP3- he's the face of the franchise and he's a pretty darn PG. he's much better than all those scrubs you mentioned

koreancabbage
05-03-2009, 07:34 AM
and plus, you have to offer 2 1st rounders AT LEAST. 5 2nd rounders- that's pretty garbage

JordansBulls
05-03-2009, 09:33 AM

For

CP3+Peja/Chandler

There is no way in hell the Hornets trade CP3 for that. If they did then they might as well sell the franchise.

b_russ
05-03-2009, 10:14 AM
Others have said it but I think Webster was the missing link this season. Batum is a good defender but he doesn't offer more than that. Obviously Roy is the go to scorer and is going to mature and become wiser. Hopefuly Aldridge will put on some weight this summer and develope his post presence a bit more. Other than that you've got a pure YOUNG scorer in Webster this next season. If they need to aquire some one this off season it should be Andre Miller. If that's what happens next season they will make a lot of noise.

td0tsfinest
05-03-2009, 11:40 AM
they need Greg Oden healthy and ready to go. I think they have the right pieces. Aldridge, Roy and Oden are the cornerstone of the franchise. And you got some good young role players around theme (Outlaw, Fernandez, Bayless and Batum ).

They may try to go out and look for a point guard or Bayless can learn to be more of a distrubter than a scorer. But from what i heard some guys that are on the block are Rodriguez and Outlaw.

kingofkings313
05-03-2009, 11:59 AM
A healthy Oden, a veteran PG, and a veteran SF to replace Batum and keep Outlaw as the sixth man....they would really be a contender!

NYtilIdie
05-03-2009, 12:35 PM
They need a better C Greg Oden is clearly not that guy everybody thought he was going to be I saw that from the jump. He has a decent defensive game, but after that hes worthless. He cant post up very well despite how huge he is and has no moves in the post and gets in foul trouble way to much. Also it doesn't help that his body is as sensitive as an 80 yr. old mans

dolfan720
05-03-2009, 12:42 PM
lamar odom or shawn marion

dolfan720
05-03-2009, 12:44 PM
they need a sf

EastCoastBaller
05-03-2009, 12:48 PM
They need G. Oden to step it up....

TragicallyHip
05-03-2009, 12:53 PM
Time and experience.

Plus Oden to be healthy and dominant.

_Sn1P3r_
05-03-2009, 01:27 PM
Time + for them to be healthy + a back-up for Aldridge + a good veteran to provide them with experience

KB24PG16
05-03-2009, 01:38 PM
they should see if bayless is any good he doesnt get any minutes

oshea225
05-03-2009, 01:43 PM
if oden can play like he did at ohio state and roy and aldridge keep up the work, they should be set

Kyle N.
05-03-2009, 05:01 PM
I think just having Martell Webster would have given them a huge boost. Maybe they could have beaten the Rockets.

Sly Guy
05-03-2009, 06:13 PM
Time and experience.
^^^^^

Kakaroach
05-03-2009, 09:53 PM
A solid PG. Bayless could possibly get it done, but who knows?

JordansBulls
05-03-2009, 11:26 PM
Plus Oden to be healthy and dominant.

Dominant in what sense?

dre1990
05-03-2009, 11:43 PM
Andre Miller

#1Mavericksfan
05-03-2009, 11:50 PM
Vince Carter or Richard Jefferson might help

Kakaroach
05-04-2009, 12:52 AM
Andre Miller I actually like that idea. He would give them veteran experience and leadership and has played in the playoffs a lot. He can take a lot of pressure off of Brandon Roy cuz he gets in the paint so easily.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
05-04-2009, 01:06 AM
Time.

and a proven Vet.

JordansBulls
05-04-2009, 08:15 AM
Vince Carter or Richard Jefferson might help

RJ would be the perfect 3rd option. Vince Carter is at least a #2 option.

mballa22191
05-04-2009, 08:38 AM
Mike Bibby could be a fair priced pg (hes a free agent)

Hellcrooner
05-04-2009, 09:02 AM
Best move they could make Felton/ Wallace for Sergio, Rudy, Webster , they get the veteran, the defensive SF and the Pg Improvement and still are crazy deep at each position

Felton/Blake

Roy/Bayless

G,Wallace/Batum

Aldrige/Outlow

Oden/Pryz

JayW_1023
05-04-2009, 10:10 AM
They need a proven veteran cornerstone who can lead on both ends. They will be much deeper next year anyway with Martell Webster healthy.

Aldridge needs to improve his rebounding and defense so Portland will have some potent interior defense...they really lacked interior toughness and the Rockets exploited that.

I'm slightly disappointed by Roy this postseason...win or lose...I expected him to take the next step. He is still well on his way to becoming an elite player. He has proven to have the goods of a true franchise guy...but he needs to keep improving.

When their rookies (Batum, Bayless, Fernandez, Oden) get more experience it really looks like a team ready to take the next step. They just lacked the big game experience and the inconsistencies showed.

Hellcrooner
05-04-2009, 11:29 AM
im also thinking adding HInrich and DENG would help a lot..blake, Rudy, Outlow and sign and trade Frye would make the trick.

Steely McBeam
05-04-2009, 11:49 AM
chris bosh; lets make a deal

Hellcrooner
05-04-2009, 11:56 AM
^Bosh can by no means play effectively at Center or SF nor does Aldrige so, i dont think its a good idea.

they dont need a big man.

tr4shb0t
05-04-2009, 12:05 PM
They should get rid of Rudy. The only time he is good is when the home crowd is holding his hand. It's like he doesn't even attempt shots at away games. But basically they need some more aggressive scorer who is always thinking attack.

king4day
05-04-2009, 12:24 PM
If Durant and Roy were paired, you'd have two guys who are scorers and no big man underneith.
I don't see how things would have been better if they drafted him instead of oden outside of being able to trade one for a ton of talent at some point.

Oden was the right pick and if he can stay healthy and improve, then this team is very complete whereas, they'd have major flaws if they drafted Durant.

JordansBulls
05-04-2009, 12:30 PM
Best move they could make Felton/ Wallace for Sergio, Rudy, Webster , they get the veteran, the defensive SF and the Pg Improvement and still are crazy deep at each position

Felton/Blake

Roy/Bayless

G,Wallace/Batum

Aldrige/Outlow

Oden/Pryz

I just don't see Charlotte trading Felton and Wallace now.

DerekRE_3
05-04-2009, 12:50 PM
I just don't see Charlotte trading Felton and Wallace now.

They would have to sign and trade Felton and Wallace makes about 9.5 mil a year. The money in the trade he proposed doesn't come close to working. I could see the Bobcats trading Felton since they have Augustin (I hope they don't), but there is just no way they trade Wallace. He is way to valuable to them. When he doesn't play, they pretty much have no chance of winning.

blackjack_119
05-04-2009, 04:55 PM
They should get rid of Rudy. The only time he is good is when the home crowd is holding his hand. It's like he doesn't even attempt shots at away games. But basically they need some more aggressive scorer who is always thinking attack.

Game 3 @HOU:
Min: 22
FGM-A: 6-9
3PM-A: 5-7
AST: 3
STL: 2
PTS: 17

In the three games at home in the playoffs, he attempted 14 total shots. In the three road games, he attempted 21 shots. I have no idea what you are talking about.

Hellcrooner
05-04-2009, 04:57 PM
Brown cardboards are posined, repeat brown cardboards are poisoned, do not take brwon cardboards!!!

azkarraga
05-04-2009, 05:34 PM
rudy should be able to drive to the basket. having him as just a 3P shooter is a disgrace for this team. roy would be the first to thank rudy driving

azkarraga
05-04-2009, 05:36 PM

look ariza on disguise

JiffyMix88
05-04-2009, 05:52 PM
they got no heart

Ovratd1up
05-04-2009, 05:53 PM
Would you guys take Kirk Hinrich for (pick two): S. Blake, M. Webster, J. Bayless, R. Fernandez (had to include him for what I was reading above)?

blackjack_119
05-04-2009, 06:28 PM
Would you guys take Kirk Hinrich for (pick two): S. Blake, M. Webster, J. Bayless, R. Fernandez (had to include him for what I was reading above)?

Hinrich for Blake is the obvious part (expiring contract and Chicago still gets a backup PG when trading away Hinrich.) I don't think Portland would trade any of the other three for him (definitely not Bayless or Fernandez.)

My guess is that Channing Frye would be the other player (He will take his QO because no team will give him $4.3M.) He would basically be a PF version of Brad Miller (Good perimeter shooting; poor post defense; low rebounds) And would be a good match with either Noah or TT on the floor (both can cover for Frye's lack of defense.)

Also since Portland has 4 second round picks in this draft, I am sure Chicago could get one of them. (We would probably throw in the Knick's 2nd which Chicago originally had from the Eddie Curry deal (#38 overall))

GregOden#1
05-04-2009, 06:48 PM
I'd take Hinrich in a salary dump, that's about it.

JordansBulls
05-05-2009, 04:52 PM
they got no heart

:confused:

JordansBulls
06-03-2009, 12:44 AM
So what about a Oden, Outlaw deal to New Orleans for Chandler and Posey?

b_rad23
06-03-2009, 12:45 AM

:laugh2:

Seriously?

That doesn't sound like a rip off to you?

Hanzinho
06-03-2009, 01:20 AM
FIRED McMILLAN!!!!

:mad:

dos132
06-03-2009, 01:34 AM
hmmmmmmm.... Portland needs a veteran player and a veteran coach....

NBA_Starter
06-03-2009, 01:37 AM
They only need one thing and that's more experience, they will either be the #1 or #3 seed coming out of the West next season, depending on if them or Denver wins the division.

thrilla11
06-03-2009, 02:03 AM
They need Oden to act like a Number one pick imo

Kyle916
06-03-2009, 02:27 AM
They just need health, more experience, and a true PG (Blake does a good job, but they could upgrade).

They'll continue to get better.

Ansy
06-03-2009, 05:24 AM
Stops. They just need more stops.

To be specific, I think they need a go-to wing defender. Someone they know they're going to throw at the other team's best scorer every night. They also need to have a higher basketball IQ as a team on the defensive end.

patriotsfan50
06-03-2009, 07:56 AM

ur not the smartest person in the world.

chandler is an older oden.

oden has more potential

outlaw and sergio and 2 2nd rounders for posey.

then sign brandon bass or mcdyess. and ur good for a few championship runs.

Turtle55
06-03-2009, 08:15 AM
A healthy Oden and more time together. That really is all they need. A lineup with Bayless, Roy, Webster, Aldridge, and Oden in a few years will be deadly. So patience and a great medical staff is what they really need I guess.

Kyben36
06-03-2009, 09:14 AM
Hinrich is just a lot better version of Steve Blake basically

Ha, I find that halarious, thats like saying that Lebron is just a lot better version of Danilo Gallinari. I just find this statement funny.

Turtle55
06-03-2009, 09:25 AM
Ha, I find that halarious, thats like saying that Lebron is just a lot better version of Danilo Gallinari. I just find this statement funny.

I have found on this site that all white players are exactly like every other white player. That's why I've seen Budinger compared to Adam Morrison and Hansbrough compared to Madsen. If you pay attention on here any time a white guy is being discussed he will be compared to pretty much every white guy to ever play his position. No matter how different their games are.

mikantsass
06-03-2009, 12:01 PM
Sign Bibby as your PG and hope Oden has a break out year.

Fool
06-03-2009, 12:05 PM
Straight up experience.

JordansBulls
06-03-2009, 12:10 PM
Sign Bibby as your PG and hope Oden has a break out year.

I never thought about that.

Is Bibby a free agent?

Bibby
Roy
Outlaw/Batum
Lamarcus
Oden

:drool:

Tblaze
06-03-2009, 12:34 PM
I never thought about that.

Is Bibby a free agent?

Bibby
Roy
Outlaw/Batum
Lamarcus
Oden

:drool:

yes he is, I also think Bibby would be a very good fit for the blazers as we need a pg that can hit open 3s. If not Bibby, then I'd go for Andre Miller... he'd be a nice fit too I think. (his slashing ability makes up for his lack of 3pt range)

ShockerArt
06-03-2009, 12:58 PM

This

mavwar53
06-03-2009, 12:59 PM
webster back will be big.

ManRam
06-03-2009, 01:00 PM
The need Greg Oden to not be a bust...and Jarred Bayless to develop into the starting PG they need. I think Bayless will be a stud...not so convinced about Oden.

I don't think I see them making any big moves anytime soon.

DerekRE_3
06-03-2009, 01:17 PM
Mike Bibby would be a great fit for Portland. Brandon Roy can handle the ball, and Bibby can do what he does best, hit open shots.

Carey
06-03-2009, 01:51 PM
Yea they have it all, some people would say pg but bayless is gonna be a stud in time, roy handles alot anyway. They just need more experience

JordansBulls
06-03-2009, 02:45 PM
Mike Bibby would be a great fit for Portland. Brandon Roy can handle the ball, and Bibby can do what he does best, hit open shots.

The only problem with Bibby is he doesn't have much left.

DerekRE_3
06-03-2009, 03:28 PM
He got 15 and 5 last year, that's not that bad. He also only committed 1.62 TO's a game. I realize he wasn't the primary ball handler but that's still a pretty good assist/turnover ratio. The only downside to Bibby is his defense.

superkegger
06-03-2009, 03:39 PM
The only problem with Bibby is he doesn't have much left.

He got 15 and 5 last year, that's not that bad. He also only committed 1.62 TO's a game. I realize he wasn't the primary ball handler but that's still a pretty good assist/turnover ratio. The only downside to Bibby is his defense.

Exactly, they don't need him to be the old Mike Bibby. He just needs to spread the floor, give that vet leadership and take pressure off of Roy. I think he'd be a good fit.

Of course I don't think they need to do anything. I think they just need to stand pat and stay patient. If Oden can live up to half the hype, he'll be an all star center (I'm not commenting on what Oden can do, I'm saying he's over hyped as the next Bill Russel, so if he lives up to half his hype he'll be an all star player). If Bayless becomes starting PG material, and can be as good of a player he was thought to be, they'll be a very good team for many a year. Just give them time.

azkarraga
06-03-2009, 04:13 PM
they need to rely less on roy. and more so when the game is on the line. dont know what you think, but for me rudy is a better clutch player than roy.

Kakaroach
06-03-2009, 04:39 PM
Yeah, they need time, but Bayless was way too high of a a pick. He can't get any minutes. Mike Bibby would be a great fit for the Portland Trailblazers.

JordansBulls
06-03-2009, 05:02 PM

I was thinking more long term to have around Roy, Aldridge and Oden.

albertc86
06-03-2009, 05:06 PM
Portland needs to shed Oden. He doesn't fit their natural style of play. Roy and Aldridge are studs; Portland should build around them. I don't understand why the rest of the team needs to tweak their game in order to accomodate Oden.

Storch
06-03-2009, 05:08 PM
Tayshaun Prince would fit in perfectly and add another dimension of defense.

jrivera
06-03-2009, 05:15 PM
+1

+2

ragee
06-03-2009, 05:28 PM
Time and experience.

Exactly... Adding a decent pg might help too...

nbafan244
06-03-2009, 05:39 PM
i have been hearing a lot lately about turkaglu....and maybe drafting curry....do both? and out of curry and bayless one of them will become legit and boss....and Turkaglu will help spread the floor so much more than a webster or outlaw or even batum....he can be a savage scorer from tre land...and every 1 know it....

ragee
06-03-2009, 06:18 PM
i have been hearing a lot lately about turkaglu....and maybe drafting curry....do both? and out of curry and bayless one of them will become legit and boss....and Turkaglu will help spread the floor so much more than a webster or outlaw or even batum....he can be a savage scorer from tre land...and every 1 know it....

Hedo could be a good addition for the Blazers... The only reason I was not bringing it up is because I like the Magic too and I want them to keep Turk... If they can't, sure I'd love for him to be a Blazer... He can play sf and pg... Two of the Blazers weaknesses... If this happens though, trade Outlaw and Webster... I don't want Batum and Rudy getting less mins than what they are averaging right now...

GregOden#1
06-03-2009, 09:01 PM
Yeah...we're not getting Stephen Curry. Chances are anything you've ever heard about the Blazers in the news about potential trades is untrue.

jehovah joe
06-03-2009, 09:22 PM
legit pg
+ time and experience

BkOriginalOne
06-03-2009, 10:41 PM
They need Oden to Develop.
They need a more experienced Pg (Hinrich, Miller.)
And another premier permiter player, Outlaw should come off the pine.
Time.

dodie53
06-03-2009, 11:22 PM
nash and hill

patriotsfan50
06-03-2009, 11:35 PM
they need to rely less on roy. and more so when the game is on the line. dont know what you think, but for me rudy is a better clutch player than roy.

well i agree rudy is a cluth player. (the threes against houston) he isnt as clutch a player as brandon roy.

roys one of those guys who comes along every once in a while who can actually hit the game winning shot again and again and again.

Houston? New York? Atlanta?

roys gonna have the ball in his hands at the end.

i believe rudy is a more cluth player than travis outlaw but not b roy

dee279
06-04-2009, 12:06 AM
They need Greg Oden to stay healthy and when healthy stay out of foul trouble and when out of foul trouble be a lil smarter on defense and when he does that stop missing wide open dunks.

dee279
06-04-2009, 12:06 AM
Also this will come with a little more experience but all thier players need to be more consistent

plpfctn
06-04-2009, 12:09 AM
i would need to write a book on how portland can improve. in a nutshell, too much.

Spiderfox
06-04-2009, 12:59 AM
To call the Knicks and ask about David Lee & hometown kid Nate Robinson.. We need some of your picks to get younger and we'd welcome Rudy or Bayless..

JordansBulls
06-04-2009, 01:01 AM
i would need to write a book on how portland can improve. in a nutshell, too much.

AccUrSeD
06-04-2009, 01:05 AM

At least we are good enough to tie the season series with the Lakers for the last 5 years or how ever long it's been..

Ebbs
06-04-2009, 01:08 AM
Agreed time and experience. They could benefit from another scorer or playmaker. Im a mega Dallas fan if we let kidd go his vet leadership wouldbe huge for the young stars on your squad. Kirk Hinrich has been mentioned but Ben Gordon may be available theres 16 -20 points a night starting or coming off the bench. Shawn Marion also would be a great three for you guys if he doesnt re sign. Unlikely but worth talking about options include a swap for Steve Nash or a pick up of captain **** distiurber Allen Iverson.

samus
06-04-2009, 01:19 AM
i think they need a proper team!
well portland have a lot of alright players and not too many great players with exception to ROY and aldridge

all the players are okay and after time maybe some will get good, i mean wat happened to bayless! they need to trade up i thinks! they cud have a starting lineup of allstars

JordansBulls
06-04-2009, 08:44 AM
i think they need a proper team!
well portland have a lot of alright players and not too many great players with exception to ROY and aldridge

all the players are okay and after time maybe some will get good, i mean wat happened to bayless! they need to trade up i thinks! they cud have a starting lineup of allstars

When you have two star players all you need are role players.

JordansBulls
07-10-2009, 03:24 PM
Portland needed a defensive stopper. They needed Ron Artest or Trevor Ariza. But now since both are taken off the shelf maybe they should trade Outlaw for Shane Battier.

If the Blazers can make that deal for Hinrich, then a lineup of:

PG Hinrich
SG Roy
SF Battier
PF Aldridge
C Oden

would be set to contend for years.

Blah Blah Blah
07-10-2009, 03:27 PM
Easy. They need a PG. Blake aint gonna do **** really. They got ppl in every other position, esp. starting lineup, but ur weak link is ur PG.

Blake
Roy
Batum
Aldridge
Oden

Hawkeye15
07-10-2009, 03:34 PM
Oden health, and a PG. Experience will do the rest.

cowboyz180
07-10-2009, 03:53 PM
i think they have a great roster, but they need more experience

naztrack
07-10-2009, 03:53 PM
Portland needs time and experience, there team is set and stacked. AS FOR PG SPOT BEING WEAK THEY GOT BAYLESS AND IN "TIME" AND "EXPERIENCE" HE WILL BE FINE, MEANING THEY WILL BE FINE.

Hellcrooner
07-10-2009, 04:06 PM
they have to play roy and rudy at the same time, both are better than blake when playing pg

JordansBulls
07-11-2009, 05:23 PM
they have to play roy and rudy at the same time, both are better than blake when playing pg

Can Rudy run PG?

blackjack_119
07-11-2009, 06:40 PM
Can Rudy run PG?

He is a decent facilitator but is much better working off the ball. If they started Rudy, he would mostly bring the ball up the floor and then have Roy run the offense.

If Portland is starting both Rudy and Roy, I think they need a SF would can handle the ball as well... someone like Tayshuan Prince.

mrblisterdundee
07-11-2009, 07:06 PM
Gerald Wallace is the most realistic long-term solution for small forward in Portland. If the Blazers sign Milsap, then I'm guessing that Aldridge will spend some time at center when Oden goes out of the game. I think the Blazers need a small forward more than Milsap.
Point guard is another issue. Portland needs a veteran that can teach Bayless to be a starter. Bayless is a combo guard, so I think Portland needs to bring in a veteran scorer who can also share distributing responsibilities with Roy(Iverson).

Hawkeye15
07-11-2009, 07:36 PM
Portland needs time and experience, there team is set and stacked. AS FOR PG SPOT BEING WEAK THEY GOT BAYLESS AND IN "TIME" AND "EXPERIENCE" HE WILL BE FINE, MEANING THEY WILL BE FINE.

not sold on Bayless. I think he is more of a scoring guard, which Roy is. I think Bayless needs to be moved

Raps18-19 Champ
07-11-2009, 08:08 PM
Trade Oden.

jdillion
07-11-2009, 08:35 PM
A veteran point guard to bring some stability to that team and a bout another year of experience

Hellcrooner
07-11-2009, 08:45 PM
i dont know why people think they need a sf, i mean webster and rudy can play sf and beast offensively and batum is beastly in defense and could become a good bowen like dude.

id much rater take a veteran point guard no matter how much i would have to offer.

werent hornets in finantial problem?

paul and a bad contract for bayless , rudy and outlow would be a solution

Hawkeye15
07-11-2009, 09:01 PM
i dont know why people think they need a sf, i mean webster and rudy can play sf and beast offensively and batum is beastly in defense and could become a good bowen like dude.

id much rater take a veteran point guard no matter how much i would have to offer.

werent hornets in finantial problem?

paul and a bad contract for bayless , rudy and outlow would be a solution

Chris Paul???? haha. New Orleans would be in far greater financial trouble if they traded Paul, cause the fans would riot and burn that stadium down.

But I agree with everything until then. They need a real PG. Hedo would have helped, give them someone who can create off the dribble outside Roy.
But the average age in their lineup is still like 24. They just need experience really

BkOriginalOne
07-11-2009, 09:23 PM
Portland needs and upgrade at point gaurd and a starting 3.
Their point guard doesn't have to be someone like Kirk or Miller necessarily; they just have to be able to defend, shoot, and run and offense.
Now, where they really need help is the SF position, they need a guy who can put up at least 20ppg starting the 3. This way teams can't swarm Roy.

These guys whould be perfect for them.
1. Carmelo Anthony
2. Lebron James

(more realistically)

3. Caron Butler
4. Tracy Mcgrady
5. Tayshaun Prince
6. Richard Jefferson
7. Marvin WIlliams
8. Josh Smith
9. Danny Granger
10. Thad Young.

Hey, maybe they can put together a deal for Peja, if they can get him for kind of cheap.
Webster and batun.
Or A Peja/Outlaw swap.
Risky for Blazers, but works well if Peja plays to his potential.

Hanzinho
07-11-2009, 09:26 PM

THAT'S TRUE.... :bang:

and trade Bayless and Webster for Hinrich, sign Odom, AND A NEW COACH!!!!!!! McMillan sucks dude.... :mad:

Hinrich----Blake
Roy-------Rudy
Batum----Outlaw
Aldridge---Odom?
Oden------Pryzbilla

:speechless:

Hellcrooner
07-11-2009, 09:32 PM
eudy can create his own shot, and run an offense and go into the basket instead of eing jsut there waiting for three pointers.

i dont know why mcmillan does not fully use all his abilities.

FREDFLINTSTONE
07-11-2009, 09:45 PM
A healthy Greg Oden for an entire season would be a good start.

lorenz00
07-11-2009, 10:26 PM
they need exp point guard!

raiderlover510
07-11-2009, 10:31 PM
I think portland made a terrible and horrible and ugly decision going with oden over durant.

and if ur a dumass n think thats not proven yet lol

wait till this up coming season were durant is gonna open everyones EYES

LAKER FAN

Hellcrooner
07-11-2009, 10:43 PM
i dont think it was a mistake not taken durant, oden can become a beast defender inside and they dont need more scorers to hog the ball, it woul be difficult to get touches to keep happy roy, durant AND aldrige

JordansBulls
07-11-2009, 11:00 PM
i dont think it was a mistake not taken durant, oden can become a beast defender inside and they dont need more scorers to hog the ball, it woul be difficult to get touches to keep happy roy, durant AND aldrige

I think they would have functioned much better though.

Ansy
07-12-2009, 02:59 AM
Arguing Durant > Oden is using hindsight in an unfair way. 90% of pundits and fans had Oden before Durant, and fairly so, because before his rookie-season-ending injury he was looking like the better prospect. Portland made the right decision with the information they had at the time.

Looking back and saying who Portland should have taken based on who's better NOW is really dumb, and not worth talking about.

JordansBulls
07-12-2009, 10:14 AM
Arguing Durant > Oden is using hindsight in an unfair way. 90% of pundits and fans had Oden before Durant, and fairly so, because before his rookie-season-ending injury he was looking like the better prospect. Portland made the right decision with the information they had at the time.

Looking back and saying who Portland should have taken based on who's better NOW is really dumb, and not worth talking about.

People had Oden over Durant because Portland already had Roy.

JDizzle
07-12-2009, 03:18 PM
not millsap

Kakaroach
07-12-2009, 03:44 PM
not millsap x1,000,000 :mad:

blazerman
07-13-2009, 04:48 PM
Trade Oden.

You must really want oden in Toronto because your constantly saying the Blazers need to get rid of Oden.

Worry about your Raptors first!

JordansBulls
07-13-2009, 04:59 PM
You must really want oden in Toronto because your constantly saying the Blazers need to get rid of Oden.

Worry about your Raptors first!

Oden for who?

Verbal Christ
07-13-2009, 06:00 PM
portland needs a GM with balls. you cant keep everybody, you have to give up something to get something. dude seems scary to make a mistake or something, now he overpays for millsap to backup aldridge??? yeah how'd that work out for you chief. LOL

cr00zi3
07-13-2009, 06:02 PM
As much as i dont want to say it...Kirk Hinrich would boost up offensive flow for portland.

smuffins353
07-13-2009, 06:07 PM
what are you talking about Aaron Brooks is not that good....you do not know anything about his game he is easily has one of the brightest futures in the NBA.
just watch next season dude hes gunna do up whoever yall sign better not have stevie blake either not only does he suck hes so ugly

Bruno
07-13-2009, 06:22 PM
They need to make sure they ink Roy long term; make no mistake about it, he is the most important player on the team.

Bruno
07-13-2009, 06:24 PM
People had Oden over Durant because Portland already had Roy.

Right, that was when people were considering Durant as a SG. Last season made it pretty clear that he is a SF. Gotta say, If Oden doesn't pan out, Portland will be kicking themselves for a long, long time. Roy-Durant-L.A. That's is just too young, too skilled, too big a window to not win a ring eventually.

Bruno
07-13-2009, 06:32 PM

If Bryant, Gasol, Odom, and Bynum/KG,Pierce,Allen worked, then why couldn't Roy, Durant, and Aldrige? Lets think about, there are how many shots put up over an NBA game?

I usually don't buy into the "there aren't enough touches to go around" thing, unless were talkin about putting Kobe, AI, and Arenas all on the same team. Almost all teams need three legitimate scorers to be effective.

Bruno
07-13-2009, 06:34 PM
not sold on Bayless. I think he is more of a scoring guard, which Roy is. I think Bayless needs to be moved

I'm overwhelmed thinking about all of Portlands young guards. There just isn't enough space for all them to flourish/show their stuff.

Hawkeye15
07-13-2009, 07:16 PM
I'm overwhelmed thinking about all of Portlands young guards. There just isn't enough space for all them to flourish/show their stuff.

and all of them have question marks. Portland will not be able to keep all their young talent. Not a chance. They have players coming up for deals starting next summer. Which is why they really needed to use that cap space this summer, cause it is gonna disappear. They will have to choose wisely who they keep, and who they let walk. Roy is obviously priority #1, or at least should be. I would also make sure to keep Aldrige, and Oden. After that, who knows. But when you have a roster full of 22-24 year olds still mostly on rookie contracts, something will have to give

Hawkeye15
07-13-2009, 07:17 PM
as far as taking Oden over Durant, it is still a bit early, but it is also apparent that Durant is already a stud, and doesn't Portland need a SF who can create shots? They would have been way better off taking Kevin. But that is in the past, so no use in crying about it

Hawkeye15
07-13-2009, 07:18 PM
and how the F was a 6'9" Durant projected as a SG? THat was what Seattle said when they drafted him. He is a SF. You don't keep a dude who averaged 11 rpg as an 18 year old in college at SG

blastmasta26
07-13-2009, 07:33 PM
and all of them have question marks. Portland will not be able to keep all their young talent. Not a chance. They have players coming up for deals starting next summer. Which is why they really needed to use that cap space this summer, cause it is gonna disappear. They will have to choose wisely who they keep, and who they let walk. Roy is obviously priority #1, or at least should be. I would also make sure to keep Aldrige, and Oden. After that, who knows. But when you have a roster full of 22-24 year olds still mostly on rookie contracts, something will have to give
Definitely. Rudy Fernandez will be gone most likely.

Hawkeye15
07-13-2009, 07:41 PM

I kinda hope the Wolves trade for him, would help the Rubio situation.

Ansy
07-13-2009, 08:37 PM

Rudy Fernandez is the least likely to be moved of all the young Blazers wings. He has the highest ceiling, is the best right now, and has the best contract.

It's Outlaw I expect to see moved. He's unrestricted next season and they haven't offered him an extension. Signs point to gone.

agnine
07-14-2009, 01:24 PM
Kirk Hinrich

cav_till_i_die
07-15-2009, 11:50 PM
i would love to see odom in la..... i think he would be a great fit and a star

NYMetros
07-15-2009, 11:55 PM

I agree with those 3 guys you mentioned (Oden, Roy, Aldrige). Some people may say 'Oden sucks, he can't stay healthy,' well I've always been taught it takes 3 years (after 4 years of college) before you could get an accurate prediction of how his career will turn out. Oden spent 1 year at college and 1 year in the NBA. So he actually has 5 years left before we get an accurate prediction of how he will pan out. You just don't part with 7 footers that have a high ceiling, it is absurd to do that.

jdricks
07-16-2009, 12:10 AM
A true point guard and a real talented small forward even with the team they have. Steve Blake can be upgraded to a real point guard who can be that leader and playmaker. Nicholas Batum is not a starter in this league nor is Travis Outlaw neither are starters. They need to upgrade the 1 and 3

RyderRyfle
07-16-2009, 03:45 AM
They could use Millsap if Utah doesnt match the offer.

JordansBulls
07-16-2009, 01:31 PM
They could use Millsap if Utah doesnt match the offer.

No need for Millsap unless they are trading Lamarcus

FlakeyFool
07-16-2009, 02:23 PM
a new location, preferably Vancouver

JordansBulls
07-16-2009, 07:22 PM
a new location, preferably Vancouver