PDA

View Full Version : Offseason rumors are starting already...

theimortalone
04-30-2009, 03:26 PM
Hornets Target Hamilton and Prince

According to league sources, the Hornets may try to take advantage of Detroit’s possible housecleaning this off-season, with their eyes focused on Richard Hamilton or Tayshaun Prince (or both).

David West could be part of one of those deals, but it is all speculation at this point. Still, you can not help but wonder if it is time to start over in New Orleans.

That is pretty sad when you think about how close the Hornets were to contending last year.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/HeadlineStories.asp?hd=20090428&lc=NBA#STORY_18403

Tayshaun Prince to Toronto Raptors?

At the beginning of the season, Tayshaun Prince was embedded into the fabric of this team’s future. Now, not so much. If the Pistons are going to rebuild and add a young, elite-level forward, they may not be able to go the free-agent route.

It might have to come through a trade, and if that is the case, the most valuable chip other than picks is Prince. Prince has two years and about $25.1 million left on his contract, far from unmovable.

The Raptors have shown interest just as the Pistons have barely hid their interest in forward Chris Bosh. Nobody is saying that will happen. But Prince is no longer untouchable.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/100317-pistons-prince-to-raptors

Rasheed Wallace to San Antonio Spurs?

San Antonio will not have cap space until 2010 (when Ginobili’s contract expires), but there will be plenty of talented free agents who may accept the mid-level exception this summer. Expect the Spurs to make a run at Rasheed Wallace, the longtime starting power forward for the Pistons.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/HeadlineStories.asp?hd=20090428&lc=NBA#STORY_18404

David Lee Open to ‘All Offers’

David Lee is a restricted free agent this summer and though he is optimistic about remaining with the Knicks, he acknowledges the reality of the uncertainty.

“I wouldn’t say I’m uneasy, but there’s definitely more doubt than past years,” Lee told the New York Post. “I think I’ll be here in New York. This is where I want to be. I expect other teams will be very interested. We’re open to all offers.”

According to sources, Donnie Walsh wants to sign Lee but not if his asking price is $10 million per year.

http://www.real gm.com/src_wiretap_archives/58834/20090428/lee_open_to_all_offers_as_a_free_agent/

Shaq a Hornet? It could happen

[quote]A rumor fire storm was started last week when a New York Daily News report talked about a potential offseason trade that would send Phoenix Suns center Shaquille O'Neal to New Orleans for New Orleans Hornets center Tyson Chandler. A trade player for player does not work with the NBA's complicated salary matching system I turned to real gm.com's trade checker to see what would work and what would not.

Try it out for yourself, but a potential trade that would work would be sending Tyson Chandler and Antonio Daniels to Phoenix for Shaq another would be Morris Peterson and Tyson Chandler for O'Neal.

http://blog.nola.com/highlights-with-derick-hingle/2009/04/shaq_a_hornet_it_could_happen.html

pd7631
04-30-2009, 03:28 PM
all I care about this offseason is:

A.)whatever the Sixers do

B.)where will AI go

abe_froman
04-30-2009, 03:31 PM
bulls have to be in the trade market(what i care about most)

theimortalone
04-30-2009, 03:36 PM

B.)where will AI go

bulls have to be in the trade market(what i care about most)

Lol I am just typing up what I see guys. Calm down. :p

superkegger
04-30-2009, 03:39 PM
Yeah, rumors are going to fly about the suns, hornets, knicks and pistons as they're all in need of a shakeup.

magicbucs4eva
04-30-2009, 03:40 PM
offseason is so interesting!

theimortalone
04-30-2009, 03:54 PM
Yeah, rumors are going to fly about the suns, hornets, knicks and pistons as they're all in need of a shakeup.

:nod: :up: I agree sir!

Kakaroach
04-30-2009, 04:52 PM
Yeah, rumors are going to fly about the suns, hornets, knicks and pistons as they're all in need of a shakeup. x2 I expect those teams will have the busiest off-seasons. Jazz will too, only because of all the FAs' we have :(

Hellcrooner
04-30-2009, 04:57 PM
mmm hornets adding shaq BIG expiring would be interesting....

since it would allow them to make a run at Lebron, Wade, Bosh or Stou at seasons end.

Can you fathom that? Paul and LEBRON in the same team?

jimbobjarree
04-30-2009, 04:59 PM
I can really see Booz staying with Utah, and then beeing traded so we can sign Millsap...where do you guys think he will go and what could we get for him?

superkegger
04-30-2009, 05:04 PM

since it would allow them to make a run at Lebron, Wade, Bosh or Stou at seasons end.

Not gonna happen. New Orleans would have to find someone to take Peja, West, Chandler and Mo Pete or Posey. Without really taking anything back on in return. Plus they're in a tough spot with owner George Shinn. His only business is the Hornets, which makes him odd, as he's the only owner who doesn't have other business. So he's pretty tight with his money, which is why they tried to jettison chandler (and that it probably would have made them better).

But that 2010 class will be asking for max contracts starting at around 15-18 mil I think. And the hornets won't have that kind of cap room. They need to find a way to jetison chandler and peja for more depth and better contract players, and hope that that depth can give you the same production and give you more steady production.

Hellcrooner
04-30-2009, 05:09 PM
i dont know why i have a feeling Boozer may end up in a Grizzlies uniform

Hellcrooner
04-30-2009, 05:10 PM
i also expect Knicks to make any trade posible including maybe lee or Robinson to move up in the draft to grab Rubio.

abe_froman
04-30-2009, 05:12 PM
Not gonna happen. New Orleans would have to find someone to take Peja, West, Chandler and Mo Pete or Posey. Without really taking anything back on in return. Plus they're in a tough spot with owner George Shinn. His only business is the Hornets, which makes him odd, as he's the only owner who doesn't have other business. So he's pretty tight with his money, which is why they tried to jettison chandler (and that it probably would have made them better).

But that 2010 class will be asking for max contracts starting at around 15-18 mil I think. And the hornets won't have that kind of cap room. They need to find a way to jetison chandler and peja for more depth and better contract players, and hope that that depth can give you the same production and give you more steady production.

i can see the bulls making a run at west if no one else(amare) is available

phlp_bj
04-30-2009, 05:13 PM
bulls will land wade, bosh or amare in 2010

atl_braves_fan
04-30-2009, 05:14 PM

I think there is virtually no chance Lebron goes to a city like New Orleans.

bleedprple&gold
04-30-2009, 05:19 PM
I think there is virtually no chance Lebron goes to a city like New Orleans.

I agree. If he leaves the Cavs only see him going to the Knicks. Oh my god how big would Lebron be in NY? He would own the city...

theimortalone
04-30-2009, 05:25 PM
i dont know why i have a feeling Boozer may end up in a Grizzlies uniform

Why? :confused: He isn't gonna go to a low market team...

theimortalone
04-30-2009, 05:26 PM

Are you positive about that?

phlp_bj
04-30-2009, 05:27 PM
Are you positive about that?

pretty positive. we need a big and we have a lot of cap space that year. wade is a home town guy so i just threw him in there. but i also think that if tyrus matures by then and becomes a force down low, we wont pursue a big maybe.

atl_braves_fan
04-30-2009, 05:34 PM

Wouldn't surprise me. What will their cap situation look like?

homestarunner93
04-30-2009, 05:42 PM
Basically, you can go ahead and write down as rumors that every now former Piston will sign with the Bobcats because of Larry Brown. I've seen AI a bunch, McDyess some, and even Rip. I'm not sure how excited I am about any of those, although AI would help sell tickets.

superkegger
04-30-2009, 05:50 PM
pretty positive. we need a big and we have a lot of cap space that year. wade is a home town guy so i just threw him in there. but i also think that if tyrus matures by then and becomes a force down low, we wont pursue a big maybe.

how do you figure on the cap space? I see Hinrich, Deng both under contract for sure, Salmons with his option, and then rose, thomas and noah all still under contract, at the least, it's about 40 mil committed. not including any other picks or a raise for Thomas or the lowering of the salary cap.

Pierzynski4Prez
04-30-2009, 06:01 PM
how do you figure on the cap space? I see Hinrich, Deng both under contract for sure, Salmons with his option, and then rose, thomas and noah all still under contract, at the least, it's about 40 mil committed. not including any other picks or a raise for Thomas or the lowering of the salary cap.

For us to be a real player in the FA of 2010, Out of Deng, Hinrich, and Gordon, atleast 1 of them have to go, maybe 2. We expect Deng to be shopped around this summer.

abe_froman
04-30-2009, 06:11 PM

it about 25-30 committed.

hinrich is on descending contract,salmons option isnt that much,thomas probably wont get a raise(..or resigned at all) and rose are still on rookie contracts through 10(team options after) and noah's team option is cheap.

thedfactor
04-30-2009, 06:17 PM
depending on his asking price, david lee will help any team he joins for sure. I would love him in Dallas, but since that won't happen...good luck to any other team including the Knicks to retain him.

Pierzynski4Prez
04-30-2009, 06:26 PM
I think this summer will be very slow in terms of FA signings. I could see teams offering a lot of 1 year contracts, in effort to wait for 2010, but still get someone this summer.

Denver-boy
04-30-2009, 06:54 PM
I see Tracy Mcgrady getting traded to the Nets....

I see Shaq going to Orlando Magic......

I see Nuggets winning a Championship.... wanna hear anymore rumors or Predictions??

loki34
04-30-2009, 06:56 PM

peja and chandler for shaq

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bz88r2

nyanks79
04-30-2009, 06:58 PM
Gordon is a FA right? How much do you think he would ask for? Also how much do you guys think teams will end up offering Nate.

nyanks79
04-30-2009, 06:59 PM
Also another rumor i have heard is that the Suns might be looking to not pick up Nashs option and save about to 13 mil? Any possible teams? hopefully he reunites with Daintoni in NY.

superkegger
04-30-2009, 07:13 PM
it about 25-30 committed.

hinrich is on descending contract,salmons option isnt that much,thomas probably wont get a raise(..or resigned at all) and rose are still on rookie contracts through 10(team options after) and noah's team option is cheap.

Here's the Bulls cap situation in the 2010 offseason.
Kirk Hinrich- 9,000,000
Luol Deng- 11,345,000
John Salmons- 6,455,266 (Player option)
Derrick Rose- 5,546,160 (Team opiton, which will obviously be picked up)
Tyrus Thomas- 6,256,806 (Qualifying offer)
Joakim Noah- 3,128,536 (Team option)
Pick #16- 1,428,000
Pick #26- 931,400

Now, I'm not math genius, but when I add those up, I get $44,091,168.

Now, I suppose Salmons could not pick up his option, which I don't forsee happening. Then you're at $37,635,902. And I suppose they could not extend Thomas that qualifying offer, putting them at $31,379,096. And they could even trade this years two picks, and next years pick, putting them around $29,019,696.

Of course to get to that $29 million, theyd then be down to Hinrich, Deng and Noah. And be risking it all on the fact that they could land wade or bosh or someone, and then somehow be able to plug in other guys from the MLE and minimum salary to be a good team.

Now, call me crazy, but I think the bulls will keep Thomas, and probably give him a longer term deal either this or next offseason. What about Brad Miller, does he not have a place on this team? They just let him walk completely? What about Ben Gordon, do they just let him walk this summer?

Bottom line, I don't see the Bulls ending up with the cap space to offer a max deal, because it is too risky of an affair, and could blow up horribly in their face, and then they're left with a pretty bad team, because they let everyone else walk.

peja and chandler for shaq

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bz88r2

yes, good for New Orleans, but non sensical for the Suns. Why saddle yourself with both contracts, when chandler is injury prone and Peja has fallen off big time.

bleedprple&gold
04-30-2009, 07:45 PM
i see tracy mcgrady getting traded to the nets....

maybe...

i see shaq going to orlando magic......

fail

i see nuggets winning a championship.... Wanna hear anymore rumors or predictions??

double fail

robdizzle3
04-30-2009, 08:24 PM
Trying to get all of these old free agents is the Spurs problem.They need to get some of these younger players.I really dont like the Spurs but they need to try something new.Joe Dumars is probably hating the fact that he didnt trade more of these Pistons that he is going to end up trading last year.

smith&wesson
04-30-2009, 08:34 PM

B.)where will AI go

I'm not a big philli fan. But i dont mind them either, id rather see them win thin orlando for surrreeee... orlando is one annoying team.

I think iverson should go back to phili and play the sg position.
maybe phili can get rid of brand and clear up space to sign iverson.
I think that would be one dope team

miller
iverson
igudala
dalembert
evans
yonge
thats pretty dam solid.

obviously brand is a flop.. i dont think he would be good any where really ... consider him a wash up. :smoking:

theimortalone
05-01-2009, 04:15 PM

Hmm, its definitly possible.

KG2TB
05-01-2009, 05:38 PM
Here's the Bulls cap situation in the 2010 offseason.
Kirk Hinrich- 9,000,000
Luol Deng- 11,345,000
John Salmons- 6,455,266 (Player option)
Derrick Rose- 5,546,160 (Team opiton, which will obviously be picked up)
Tyrus Thomas- 6,256,806 (Qualifying offer)
Joakim Noah- 3,128,536 (Team option)
Pick #16- 1,428,000
Pick #26- 931,400

Now, I'm not math genius, but when I add those up, I get $44,091,168.

Now, I suppose Salmons could not pick up his option, which I don't forsee happening. Then you're at $37,635,902. And I suppose they could not extend Thomas that qualifying offer, putting them at $31,379,096. And they could even trade this years two picks, and next years pick, putting them around $29,019,696.

Of course to get to that $29 million, theyd then be down to Hinrich, Deng and Noah. And be risking it all on the fact that they could land wade or bosh or someone, and then somehow be able to plug in other guys from the MLE and minimum salary to be a good team.

Now, call me crazy, but I think the bulls will keep Thomas, and probably give him a longer term deal either this or next offseason. What about Brad Miller, does he not have a place on this team? They just let him walk completely? What about Ben Gordon, do they just let him walk this summer?

Bottom line, I don't see the Bulls ending up with the cap space to offer a max deal, because it is too risky of an affair, and could blow up horribly in their face, and then they're left with a pretty bad team, because they let everyone else walk.

yes, good for New Orleans, but non sensical for the Suns. Why saddle yourself with both contracts, when chandler is injury prone and Peja has fallen off big time.

Yeah I agree. I could realistically see the Bulls letting BG walk, especially if Salmons doesn't pick up his option. Let's face it, he's worth more than 6.5 mil but with economy will he risk it ? I could also see the Bulls maybe S+T BG with a pick or two, maybe even Tyrus or Tim Thomas (expiring) One thing is certain, the Bulls have a ton of options and a lot of choices. Pax and Gar are really gonna earn their money this off-season.

Kabowdos
05-01-2009, 05:47 PM
I can really see Booz staying with Utah, and then beeing traded so we can sign Millsap...where do you guys think he will go and what could we get for him?

After coming off the injury and not performing well, I don't think you could get what you could have gotten last year. Jazz have a solid squad I don't know why they aren't a better team.

They have two big guys Okur and Boozer who can shoot the ball well. Okur is nasty at threes. Boozer can hit long jumpers. They have other three point shooters as well. I don't know what the Jazz should do. I guess trade Boozer for other young talent.

Kabowdos
05-01-2009, 05:48 PM
I can see any of those players listed above getting moved this off-season.

I hope the Lakers win the finals this year, then pick up Shaq to do it all over again. Shaq wants more rings and he knows LA is the best spot for him.

pd7631
05-01-2009, 06:02 PM
I don't know what the Sixers plans are, but after last nights embarassment we are an absolute mess.

Andre Miller and Theo Ratliff did not show up to the teams end of season meeting.

After the game Theo Ratliff ripped Tony Dileo and said that he didn't do what he had to do to get the team ready.

Samuel Dalembert has to go. He's a punk, a clown, and just a flat out bum. He elbowed Hedo Turkoglu last night then KISSED him! The problem with moving him is that he SUCKS! and he's making $12 million next year!!

Andre Iguodala clearly is not a leader. This team needs someone with a killer instinct, someone who wants to win, and someone who can score the ball when everyone else is to chicken to take a ****ing shot! Enter.......ALLEN IVERSON-he needs to come back to Philly. If we got him things would instantly get better, I guarantee it.

IndyRealist
05-03-2009, 11:09 AM
I think this summer will be very slow in terms of FA signings. I could see teams offering a lot of 1 year contracts, in effort to wait for 2010, but still get someone this summer.

The Pacers are offering extended, secure, garuanteed contracts....they just might not be in Indiana....

Seriously they have chosen not to be a player in 2010, and are targeting 2011/2012 for free agent years.

IndyRealist
05-03-2009, 11:10 AM
i also expect knicks to make any trade posible including maybe lee or robinson to move up in the draft to grab rubio.

+1.