PDA

View Full Version : David DeJesus

Cooper
04-30-2009, 02:26 PM
One of the stars from last years' team, David should probably have a thread of his own...as there will more-than-likely be things to talk about this season about him.:cool:

Cooper
04-30-2009, 02:27 PM
DeJesus held out of Thursday's finale with Toronto

KANSAS CITY -- Left fielder David DeJesus was out of the Royals' starting lineup for the second game in a row because of lower back stiffness.

Manager Trey Hillman said, "It's not an injury," and DeJesus said he's not had an MRI or any other tests but is undergoing heat treatment.

"It's just tight right now," DeJesus said. "It just started the other day so I'm trying to make it feel good. Right now, it's pretty sore just walking around and trying to pick up things."

DeJesus did enter Wednesday night's game against Toronto in the eighth inning and played defense in right field but did not bat. In 20 games so far, he's struggled with a .216 average although he's had nine RBIs and two homers. In this homestand, he's just 3-for-17.

"I think it's just from taking extra swings and things like that so we'll see," he said. "I'm hoping it's just some tight muscles."

Hillman didn't know when DeJesus might return to the lineup.

"We're just trying to make sure we're monitoring it and looking ahead, we're going to play on the hard AstroTurf in the dome [at Minnesota]," Hillman said. "So we may mix and match when we get there and just try to keep guys healthy through this 20-game stretch."

Dick Kaegel is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

ChiefLee
05-05-2009, 06:41 AM
Nice home run last night. David looks like his swing is coming around. He's one of my favorite Royals.