PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard Suspended for Game 6

pd7631
04-28-2009, 10:49 PM
I don't know if you've seen it yet or not, but early in Game 5 while Dwight Howard and Samuel Dalembert were jockeying for position to get a rebound, Dwight Howard blatantly elbowed Samuel Dalembert in the head. He received a Technical Foul, but the rule clearly states that he should've been ejected.

Violent acts of any nature on the court will not be tolerated. Players involved in altercations will be ejected, fined and/or suspended.

Officials have been instructed to eject a player who throws a punch, whether or not it connects, or an elbow which makes contact above shoulder level.

http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_k.html?nav=ArticleList

The fact that Dwight wasn't ejected is just another indication of the league wide "star" treatment, that certain players receive.

I know I just sound like a fan bitter about their team losing, but the announcers made a huge deal about it right when it happened...and there was absolutely no doubt that the elbow Howard threw at Dalembert was thrown on purpose.

So do you think that Howard should be suspended for game 6?(especially given that he should've been ejected immediately in Game 5)

video:http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=290428019

pd7631
04-28-2009, 10:52 PM
I'll post a video as soon as I can find one available

Ruthian
04-28-2009, 10:54 PM
Absolutely.

pd7631
04-28-2009, 10:56 PM
on TNT Charles Barkley was asked by Ernie Johnson, "should Dwight Howard be suspended?"....Charles replied, "no question about it"

op12
04-28-2009, 10:56 PM
yeah that was a solid bow to the head. swing and hit, elbow is probably worse than the fist. he didnt pop up with an elbow, it was a straight swing like a punch. if this was kg or someone that is extremely disliked there would already be about 500 posts asking for a suspension. i like dwight alright but that was pretty bad.

Kyben36
04-28-2009, 10:57 PM
It has to be.

pd7631
04-28-2009, 11:01 PM
I can't believe he wasn't ejected right away. The rule book clearly states that an elbow or punch to the head is the result in an immediate ejection.

superkegger
04-28-2009, 11:04 PM
I can't say without seeing the video of it.

pd7631
04-28-2009, 11:13 PM
I can't say without seeing the video of it.

as soon as I can find one, I'll put it up

still1ballin
04-28-2009, 11:17 PM
video?

Joshtd1
04-28-2009, 11:19 PM
Didnt see it, but if it was blatant then yes he should be.

pd7631
04-28-2009, 11:20 PM
video?

hang on, when I find one I'll get it in

pd7631
04-28-2009, 11:22 PM
video is in the 1st post

still1ballin
04-28-2009, 11:27 PM
100% he should be suspended.....disgusting act by him...never thought he would do something like that.....its not like he elbowed his chest to create some space or something, he literally elbowed dalemberts face.....If he doesn't get suspended, I will be very shocked

Johann
04-28-2009, 11:34 PM
oh yea he should get suspended for that. he elbowed him twice... jeez. he even elbowed his teammate lol...hes an aggressive guy.

superkegger
04-28-2009, 11:39 PM
Yeah, he should be suspended. Definitely an intentional elbow, even if it wasn't as severe as some of the other stuff that has gone on. Didn't really look THAT bad though.

jumpman52313
04-28-2009, 11:40 PM
anyone have the video???

NYMetros
04-28-2009, 11:42 PM
That really pissed me off when I saw it happen live.

I thought he wasn't that kind of guy, guess I was wrong.

TopsyTurvy
04-28-2009, 11:43 PM
The league, coaches, and Howard himself know it was wrong in hindsight. Hit him in the pocket book as hard as possible, issue a final warning, watch him like a hawk and move on. Playoff basketball is intense. Play hard or go home baby!

Reminds me of the bad boys of Detroit back in the day... I love this game!

znick21
04-28-2009, 11:46 PM
fined? yes.

suspended? no.

it's the playoffs.

znick21
04-28-2009, 11:46 PM
fined? yes.

suspended? no.

it's the playoffs.

pd7631
04-28-2009, 11:48 PM
if Amare Stoudamire can be suspended for leaving the bench, then Dwight Howard should be suspended for throwing a bow

FNM BOY
04-28-2009, 11:53 PM
^^Exactly...the end!!!..Excellent point pd7631...who disagrees is just a bias ***..its clear!!

Clutch6
04-28-2009, 11:54 PM
Suspend him!!!

sixer04fan
04-28-2009, 11:54 PM
For those who haven't been watching this series, this is just a small sample size of how the sixers have been getting screwed by the bias refs the entire series.

superkegger
04-28-2009, 11:55 PM
That really pissed me off when I saw it happen live.

I thought he wasn't that kind of guy, guess I was wrong.

one play doesn't make him "that kind of guy"

pd7631
04-28-2009, 11:59 PM
one play doesn't make him "that kind of guy"

I agree. I don't think Dwight's a bad guy, but it was a dirty play, and he deserves a suspension.

macc
04-29-2009, 12:00 AM
That's what happens when you mess with Howard, you get BEAT up.

Young2Kinsler
04-29-2009, 12:04 AM
Damn i wanna see video, i missed it.

pd7631

Hmm, he beat Courtney Lee up pretty bad too, I wonder what he did to deserve it lol

superkegger
I agree. I don't think Dwight's a bad guy, but it was a dirty play, and he deserves a suspension.

Agreed. But I'm not sure I'd label it dirty. It was a bad decision and clearly intentional, and wrong. I guess when I hear dirty, to me it just conotes that Dwight was malicious and trying to knock Dalembert's head off and pick a fight and just being a total douche, and that wasn't what happened. In a sense it was dirty, but I guess the word dirty when referring to basketball, just makes me think of something more severe and habitual.

sixer04fan
04-29-2009, 12:05 AM

If by "mess with" you meant play him fairly and legitimately box him out... Then yes, I guess you will get BEAT up. That was proven tonight.

and if by "BEAT up" you meant take a cheap shot to the face and be the bigger man and not retaliate... Then yes, I guess you will get beat up.

FNM BOY
04-29-2009, 12:06 AM
lets see how good orlando is with him out in game 6....they will have no inside presence!! just play the the three on defense and the Sixers are good to go:D

pd7631
04-29-2009, 12:07 AM
Agreed. But I'm not sure I'd label it dirty. It was a bad decision and clearly intentional, and wrong. I guess when I hear dirty, to me it just conotes that Dwight was malicious and trying to knock Dalembert's head off and pick a fight and just being a total douche, and that wasn't what happened. In a sense it was dirty, but I guess the word dirty when referring to basketball, just makes me think of something more severe and habitual.

I think with the way that he tried to sneak in that elbow on Sammy D is what makes it dirty. If he shoved Sam, and made it more of a mutual scuffle then I wouldn't label it dirty....but the fact that he tried to get away with the elbow is what makes it a cheap shot/dirty

macc
04-29-2009, 12:08 AM
Hmm, he beat Courtney Lee up pretty bad too, I wonder what he did to deserve it lol

Actually I missed most of the first half because I was at baseball practice. So I missed it all together, I just started watching in the 2nd half and saw Reddick was starting, I didn't know what happened to Lee.

KB24PG16
04-29-2009, 12:14 AM
its tough call for me

RileyJ
04-29-2009, 12:19 AM
I want the Magic to win and I love Dwight Howard but you can't elbow someone in the face like that. He will definitely be suspended and he deserves to be.

SteveNash
04-29-2009, 12:22 AM
Very blatant, I thought it was going to going to be sneakier than that, but that was just unnecessary and clearly intentional. I don't know how he didn't get kicked out of the game to begin with. Oh that's right, he's named Dwight Howard.

lakersrock
04-29-2009, 12:27 AM
By not ejecting him, they saved the Magic's season. He should have been ejected immediately and then suspended for Game 6. If he hadn't gotten his entire 24-24 in Game 5, they could have lost. If so, they'd be down 3-2 with no Dwight in Game 6. If the NBA doesn't suspend him, they're messed up. Kobe got suspended for extending his arm on those shots and that wasn't a deliberate elbow to the head.

superkegger
04-29-2009, 12:29 AM
By not ejecting him, they saved the Magic's season. He should have been ejected immediately and then suspended for Game 6. If he hadn't gotten his entire 24-24 in Game 5, they could have lost. If so, they'd be down 3-2 with no Dwight in Game 6. If the NBA doesn't suspend him, they're messed up. Kobe got suspended for extending his arm on those shots and that wasn't a deliberate elbow to the head.

Kobe wasn't tossed form those games though

BigEric
04-29-2009, 12:32 AM
I hate the way the NBA looks at it's star athletes. They get this treatment , treatment that you'd get at a five star spa. EVERY big named athlete wants it his way or else you'll see a lot of *****in'.

Homecourt has a lot to do with the refs and not making their decisions that would inpact a game. Look at Rondo in Boston, say that happened in Chicago, it'll a flagarant. If this happened in Philly, Dwight would be out of there for the remander of the game.

The fans and excitement heckel the refs.

m26555
04-29-2009, 12:34 AM
What's even funnier is that in the postgame interview, Howard said, "I wasn't trying to hurt anybody." lol...my ***.

YES, he should be suspended. How he wasn't ejected is beyond me.

m26555
04-29-2009, 12:36 AM
When you intentionally throw an elbow at someone's face, it IS, most certainly, dirty. I don't see how can say it's NOT dirty.

Lone Maverick
04-29-2009, 12:42 AM
No way Howard doesn't get suspended for that. Thats way too cut and dry.

RaptorsFanatic
04-29-2009, 12:42 AM
This isnt the first time folks, Dwight's done it before.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhAonmMCR8

superkegger
04-29-2009, 12:45 AM
When you intentionally throw an elbow at someone's face, it IS, most certainly, dirty. I don't see how can say it's NOT dirty.

If you read what I said about what calling something dirty (in terms of basketball), you'd understand why I said I wasn't ready to call it dirty.

This isnt the first time folks, Dwight's done it before.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhAonmMCR8

That's a bit different, Pau was up into him and instigating, but yeah, I guess it's happened twice. He's a dirty piece of **** and malicious right?

m26555
04-29-2009, 12:47 AM
If you read what I said about what calling something dirty (in terms of basketball), you'd understand why I said I wasn't ready to call it dirty.
I did read it, and if that were the case, then nothing any NBA player does is dirty.

To me, "dirty" means a malicious intent, which Howard CLEARLY had tonight.

RaptorsFanatic
04-29-2009, 12:52 AM
That's a bit different, Pau was up into him and instigating, but yeah, I guess it's happened twice. He's a dirty piece of **** and malicious right?

Uhhh....No. I actually dont think Dwight is dirty...he's a beast.
I only put the video link just for everyone to see.. :shrug:

superkegger
04-29-2009, 12:55 AM
I did read it, and if that were the case, then nothing any NBA player does is dirty.

To me, "dirty" means a malicious intent, which Howard CLEARLY had tonight.

I don't think it was really that malicious. He wasn't trying to hurt or injure dalembert IMO, and he doesn't have a history of just throwing bows at guys. It was poor judgement and wrong for sure. Like I said, when I think of dirty, it also conjures up a sense of being habitual, like Bowen's foot under jump shooters for instance, or James Posey's after the whistle antics and the like. I understand why you say it's dirty, but to me "dirty" carries a bit more weight, and I just think it was a dumb play and poor judgement to throw ane elbow.

Kryptonite8383
04-29-2009, 12:57 AM
I think he will get suspended for game 6. But S. Dalembert was clearly holding on his left arm. Thats what probably got him mad and he threw the elbow. I know its still not ok for him to do what he did I'm just saying why he threw the elbow. He gets suspended for game 6. Magic win in 7.

RaptorsFanatic
04-29-2009, 12:58 AM
We honestly need to stop discussing what malicious is. If any of you have played in the streets or in the park, Im sure you know what rough play is. One little elbow is not "malicous", that word takes this whole situation OUT OF PROPORTION completely.

JayW_1023
04-29-2009, 07:59 AM
Two elbows...yes he should be suspended. But with his clean cut image I doubt he wil.

cvburg
04-29-2009, 08:17 AM
magic fan....yah he should be suspend...but gortat is gonna be the hero and have 15 and 10.....haha...it was pretty bad he shouldn't have swung his elbow

J-Relo
04-29-2009, 08:19 AM
not suspended... fee...

cosmicsnake
04-29-2009, 09:49 AM
Yes, no question about that.

op12
04-29-2009, 09:49 AM
im wondering how there are 15 pages on rondos foul and only 4 on dwights straight up elbow punch. everybody is calling for rondos head while some are saying dwight shouldnt be suspended. this shows if you play for a certain team you will get bashed by many psd members and some players are favored even when commiting an uglier incident.

DrDEADalready
04-29-2009, 10:01 AM
No. It was a love tap.

black1605
04-29-2009, 11:02 AM
definitely...no place for that

Tragedy
04-29-2009, 11:11 AM
im wondering how there are 15 pages on rondos foul and only 4 on dwights straight up elbow punch. everybody is calling for rondos head while some are saying dwight shouldnt be suspended. this shows if you play for a certain team you will get bashed by many psd members and some players are favored even when commiting an uglier incident.
Because right now, the fun thing is hating the Celtics. If it were the Magic that was so hated this season, this would surely be 15 pages long.

By the looks of the elbow, it looked bad. I doubt he gets suspended based on who he is, but he PROBABLY should be.

Gorgon2k
04-29-2009, 11:20 AM
Because right now, the fun thing is hating the Celtics. If it were the Magic that was so hated this season, this would surely be 15 pages long.

By the looks of the elbow, it looked bad. I doubt he gets suspended based on who he is, but he PROBABLY should be.

Imagine if Garnett did this?

Tragedy
04-29-2009, 11:23 AM
Imagine if Garnett did this?
The NBA main forum may have imploded. :laugh2:

The Ooh Child
04-29-2009, 11:29 AM
Goddammit Dwight, Sammy is dumb enough without you throwin elbows at his head....awww shucks, I can't stay mad at him. He's like an overly-muscular golden retriever. I'm sure he is sorry and has learned his lesson

prodigy
04-29-2009, 11:34 AM
I think rondos hit on miller was alot worse. But considering There is no question that howard threw a cheapshot, he will be suspended.

Tragedy
04-29-2009, 11:37 AM
I think rondos hit on miller was alot worse. But considering There is no question that howard threw a cheapshot, he will be suspended.
The difference, though, is that Howard's was VERY clearly intentional. Someone could probably make a case for Rondo's not being so.

But yes, Rondo's hit was worse.

ProdigyI
04-29-2009, 11:38 AM
Suspension.

If Amare got suspending for "leaving the bench" then Dwight has to get suspended for this elbow.

City Rocko 31
04-29-2009, 11:45 AM
nah, it's not going to happen because he's a superstar...
yeah, he should be but like c'monnnnnn

mgkibbles
04-29-2009, 11:47 AM
Not a big fan of Howard's personality, and this just makes me dislike him more.

MagicBucsSox
04-29-2009, 11:54 AM
i dont thnk he'll be suspended due to his good church boy image. does he deserve it? mmmmmmmmmmmmm yea, but it wont happen. he'll get a laughable fine to his salary and we finish philly in philly to heavy boo's every time he touches to rock.

i understand why dwight did it, because he has 4 bums guarding him and hacking him, sam pushes him in the back for rebounds,elbows to dwight back. figures a 6ers fan makes this thread. like u luckily won 2 games and u keep crying now that the end is near

The difference, though, is that Howard's was VERY clearly intentional. Someone could probably make a case for Rondo's not being so.

But yes, Rondo's hit was worse.

exactly, if dwight is gone then rondo better be too

magicbucs4eva
04-29-2009, 11:55 AM
thank u another magic fan!! they focus on dwight but they hack the crap out of him every play!!

m26555
04-29-2009, 12:03 PM
We honestly need to stop discussing what malicious is. If any of you have played in the streets or in the park, Im sure you know what rough play is. One little elbow is not "malicous", that word takes this whole situation OUT OF PROPORTION completely.
You DO realize that throwing an elbow at someone's temple could result in the recipient of that blow requiring stitches, right? I don't think you know what malicious is.

magicbucs4eva
04-29-2009, 12:05 PM
what is a grizzlie fan doing? there season was over before it started

JustinLafferty
04-29-2009, 12:15 PM
Howard should be suspended but so should Dalembert.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjYuOG1gMDw
Dalembert shoved and pushed him into Turk and was pushing him while he was trying to get a rebound. And before someone says thats basketball. Watch the video. It was not basketball it was shoves that is equally deserving of a technical foul.

toisdabest81
04-29-2009, 12:21 PM
Howard should be suspended but so should Dalembert.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjYuOG1gMDw
Dalembert shoved and pushed him into Turk and was pushing him while he was trying to get a rebound. And before someone says thats basketball. Watch the video. It was not basketball it was shoves that is equally deserving of a technical foul.

How do you suspend someone for a push? That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Every game would have like 5 guys suspended from each team for a push. GTFO

JustinLafferty
04-29-2009, 12:25 PM
How do you suspend someone for a push? That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Every game would have like 5 guys suspended from each team for a push. GTFO

It wasnt just pushing. It was quite excessive and deserved a response by Dwight. Many players shove but it was definitely worthy of a technical for them both. I don't care if he's suspended or not I think we will win next game with or without him. I think its over after next game whether he plays or not. I say suspend him just so we can prove a point.

CrotchetyOldMan
04-29-2009, 12:29 PM
There's really no debate about whether he should be suspended, it was an obvious and blatant elbow thrown at Dalembert = Automatic Suspension...Regardless of his status as a superstar it would be incredibly surprising if he did not get suspended...The NBA has been cracking down on this kind of play recently and Dwight's good guy image won't save him...The biggest tragedy for the Sixers is that the ref failed to make the right call during the game and eject Howard right away which would have likely given them the win and most likely the series upon returning to Philly...Magic fans should consider themselves very very lucky to avoid the home loss that should have been...

JustinLafferty
04-29-2009, 12:33 PM
There's really no debate about whether he should be suspended, it was an obvious and blatant elbow thrown at Dalembert = Automatic Suspension...Regardless of his status as a superstar it would be incredibly surprising if he did not get suspended...The NBA has been cracking down on this kind of play recently and Dwight's good guy image won't save him...The biggest tragedy for the Sixers is that the ref failed to make the right call during the game and eject Howard right away which would have likely given them the win and most likely the series upon returning to Philly...Magic fans should consider themselves very very lucky to avoid the home loss that should have been...

If he wouldve ejected him then we may have lost that game but we wouldn't have lost Courtney Lee who is avg i think 15.7 points a game in the playoffs? He wouldn't have been suspended this next game though. The rule just says ejection and nothing about being suspended another game. I have confidence we could win two straight to take the series ASSUMING we'd lose that one.

Ender
04-29-2009, 12:35 PM
It's pretty blatant. It's stunning he wasn't tossed immediately, but none of the refs "saw" it. No way he plays Game 6.

sixer04fan
04-29-2009, 12:36 PM
exactly, if dwight is gone then rondo better be too

I agree that rondo's hit was probably worse, but with dwight's elbow it's obvious to tell that it was intentional. Rondo's hit is still up for debate if its intentional.

magichatnumber9
04-29-2009, 12:59 PM
Its so typical that a fan from the other team wants this dude suspended. You guys can beat the Magic with Howard on the floor. Man Up Philly. Stop crying its not like he punched him in the face.

Kohaku
04-29-2009, 01:13 PM
Definitely..if Ray Allen got suspended for elbowing Verajao in the nuts, then Dwight should also face the same punishment for elbowing Dalembert in the head.

Kohaku
04-29-2009, 01:15 PM
Its so typical that a fan from the other team wants this dude suspended. You guys can beat the Magic with Howard on the floor. Man Up Philly. Stop crying its not like he punched him in the face.

So intentionally elbowing people in the face is okay right?

GHOSTSNIPER
04-29-2009, 01:17 PM
He's a ****in manimal...Suspend his ***!

CrotchetyOldMan
04-29-2009, 01:21 PM

No, but he did elbow him in the back of the head...It's not about whether you're a fan of the team or not, it's about being a fan of the game and the NBA upholding its integrity by enforcing its rules...I'm not a fan of either team, I've actually been a Cavs fan since Mark Price and Brad Daugherty were getting iced by MJ...But I hate to see big time players out because I wanna see good basketball...I'm probably the only one that's not a Celtics fan that wishes Garnett was healthy cause of how amazing a series it would be to watch the Cavs-Celtics at full strength battle it out...Cause we all know that when Garnett went down the Cavs got the Golden Ticket to the Finals...lol...Anyway the point is yeah I'd rather see great ball and see if the Sixers can pull it off against the Magic at full strength...but rules are rules and Dwight Howard's foul is a suspension...If LBJ did that in a game I would still think it warrants a suspension...It's about the integrity of the game and not letting superstar players off the hook for blatant violations...

ChitownbullsBG7
04-29-2009, 01:41 PM
If Rondo isnt suspended then neither should Dwight. Yes he threw an elbow that BARELY connected. Rondo Delibritely swung at somebodys head too.

So the league will look kind of silly if they suspend Dwight but dont have any kind of punishment for Rondo.

IBleedPurple
04-29-2009, 01:42 PM
I can't believe he wasn't ejected right away. The rule book clearly states that an elbow or punch to the head is the result in an immediate ejection.

x2

The NBA still gives superstar treatment. They want their best players to be playing. If this was another big man of lesser status, say Nene, Oden, Noah, etc....you have an immediate ejection +1 game suspension

spechtacular18
04-29-2009, 01:43 PM

its not about being a fan of the other team or not. a elbow can actually be more punishing than a fist if you tihnk about it. and think if it was iggy or some good player on the sixers that did it you would want a suspension too. hes lucky it wasnt in philly because he probably would have been gone right away. whether he is suspended or not, this last game or two could start getting really chippy

IndyRealist
04-29-2009, 01:50 PM
if rondo isnt suspended then neither should dwight. Yes he threw an elbow that barely connected. Rondo delibritely swung at somebodys head too.

So the league will look kind of silly if they suspend dwight but dont have any kind of punishment for rondo.

+1

69centers
04-29-2009, 01:57 PM
The NBA rules state:
"Rule 12A--Section V--l(5)
l. A player, coach or trainer must be ejected for:
(1) A punching foul
(2) A fighting foul
(3) An elbow foul which makes contact above shoulder level ..."

He should have been tossed during the game, right when it happened. Because he didn't, he will surely be suspended for the next one. I mean, the Sixers have a legitimate complaint of that game and why he wasn't booted right then and there. That would have changed the outcome of the game. I am pretty positive that the NBA has no choice but to suspend Howard.

CrotchetyOldMan
04-29-2009, 01:57 PM
If Rondo isnt suspended then neither should Dwight. Yes he threw an elbow that BARELY connected. Rondo Delibritely swung at somebodys head too.

So the league will look kind of silly if they suspend Dwight but dont have any kind of punishment for Rondo.

Totally agree...Just watched the video on Rondo's foul and it was definitely a shot to the head...Anyone who argues he was going for the ball is a Celtics fan or is a few cards short of a full deck...He was going for Miller's head and raked his face...Haven't seen contact like that since watching the WWF...Rondo and Howard should both be suspended one game if the NBA follows its own rules...Both Chicago and Philly lost their games in VERY large part due to these blown calls and ref's being afraid to make a flagrant call at the end of a game or tossing a superstar player in the first three minutes...The NBA needs to make the right calls when there's no time left/superstar or not or change the rules back to where these plays are legal again...I mean it seems like the ref's study three separate rulebooks, the official NBA Rulebook, the superstar unwritten rulebook and the super top secret under two minutes in a close game rulebook...

tjp2033
04-29-2009, 01:58 PM
I would say he should be suspended, that was blatant and he was trying to hurt Dalembert. Although the league sucks when it comes to stuff like this and he probably wont be suspended. They always protect their poster boys.

SeoulBeatz
04-29-2009, 02:10 PM
by default he should be suspended but i dunno, id rather have him play and go out with some dignity, but rules are rules.

and if he isnt suspended, then there is obviously something wrong with this league. i still think that there are dirty refs and rigged games in the NBA, just too many blatant calls are missed. when every fan can see a call and the refs cant then something is up.

pd7631
04-29-2009, 02:14 PM
Jalen Rose says it all

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=411...goryid=2378529

"you bring a 12th guy off the bench, and have him throw an elbow, he's gonna be ejected"

He also said that he feels that he Dwight will receive special consideration when looking at the tape, and that he also thinks that had the refs followed the rules and ejected him right away, that he would not be suspended for Game 6.

Fear_GAS_OLDier
04-29-2009, 02:18 PM
definitely should be

_Supreme_
04-29-2009, 02:21 PM
Dalembert should have gotten a foul for pushing and grabbing onto Dwight like that in the first place.

Dwight pulled himself loose, turned, and touched, what, a few of Dalembert's nosehairs?

I know the rule doesn't state "intentional", but for me that is an important factor. Did he pull himself loose in a "Wtf let go of me" fashion? Yes. Did he intentionally aim for Dalembert's head? I don't think so (and good luck proving he did).

It looked worse than it was. The footage I saw didn't even show for sure that he actually touched Dalembert.

These are grown men. It's not like someone was knocked out or otherwise injured. The Sixers shouldn't be whining like this, trying to get a cheap-arse advantage for the next game.

So no, Imo no suspension.

However the NBA is a pussycat organisation and susceptible for crying, so I wouldn't be surprised if he did get suspended.

td0tsfinest
04-29-2009, 02:22 PM
There was a definite intent to hit. No one can deny it.

You looked and then swung. Almost in the same motion as a punch. I'm a fan of Dwight Howard and would like to see the magic win the series. But he has to be suspended. Superstars should not be above the law.

If Amare Stoudamaire gets suspended for coming on the court to protect his teammate, then it seems like a no brainer.

op12
04-29-2009, 02:23 PM

seriously this was a straight up swing out of anger. rondos was a foul during actual play. please put all hate for the celtics aside and look at this fairly. there is no way rondos was even close to dwights. dwight straight up swung and an elbow is worse than a fist, especially in a dangerous area like the temple.

pd7631
04-29-2009, 02:24 PM
Dalembert should have gotten a foul for pushing and grabbing onto Dwight like that in the first place.

Dwight pulled himself loose, turned, and touched, what, a few of Dalembert's nosehairs?

I know the rule doesn't state "intentional", but for me that is an important factor. Did he pull himself loose in a "Wtf let go of me" fashion? Yes. Did he intentionally aim for Dalembert's head? I don't think so (and good luck proving he did).

It looked worse than it was. The footage I saw didn't even show for sure that he actually touched Dalembert.

These are grown men. It's not like someone was knocked out or otherwise injured. The Sixers shouldn't be whining like this, trying to get a cheap-arse advantage for the next game.

However the NBA is a pussycat organisation and susceptible for crying, so I wouldn't be surprised if he did get suspended.

:crazy:

king4day
04-29-2009, 02:32 PM
Jalen Rose saying he COULD get some type of star treatment on this. That would infuriate me. This series hasn't been that great from a fan perspective. We'll see how good the Magic are without him too and how much they need to change next year if they get crushed.

magicbucs4eva
04-29-2009, 02:35 PM
why would we need to change? 59 wins with nelson out half the year!?sweeping the series with the lakers and spurs, beating the cavs twice. come on they dont need to change.

superkegger
04-29-2009, 02:37 PM
Not a big fan of Howard's personality, and this just makes me dislike him more.

What's to dislike about Howard as a person?

Anyway, after thinking it over more, there's no way he shouldn't be suspended. And I think he will be, the NBA can't afford not to.

ChitownbullsBG7
04-29-2009, 02:37 PM
seriously this was a straight up swing out of anger. rondos was a foul during actual play. please put all hate for the celtics aside and look at this fairly. there is no way rondos was even close to dwights. dwight straight up swung and an elbow is worse than a fist, especially in a dangerous area like the temple.

Really? Rondos shot was to the head. It was a vicious attempt to stop Brad from scoring.

Put it this way what if Dwight did what Rondo did to say Iggy, and he knocks out teeth and causes blood on the court. I guarantee Sixers fans would be in the same position as all bulls fans.

Chicagofaithful
04-29-2009, 02:48 PM
yeah, im a HUGE fan of Dwight... but the rules are there for everyone.. sorry he should def be

SeoulBeatz
04-29-2009, 02:48 PM

lol it was blatantly obvious that he was going for Dalemberts head, theres no arguing that, i think thats pretty much the consensus now.

_Supreme_
04-29-2009, 02:54 PM
:crazy:

I understand you are a biased Sixers fan, but the only one who knows what was going on inside Dwight Howard's head at that moment is Dwight Howard.

I've seen similar stuff happen a lot when I still played, and usually it's just an annoyed "let the F go of me" shug of the arm (in the air). By no means a move like that definitely has to be with the intent to hit.

If it really was intent to hurt Dalembert he would have hit him a whole lot better.

But whatever, we'll have to wait and see what happens.

_Supreme_
04-29-2009, 02:54 PM
lol it was blatantly obvious that he was going for Dalemberts head, theres no arguing that, i think thats pretty much the consensus now.

No it isn't.

Prove it?

ChitownbullsBG7
04-29-2009, 02:59 PM
No it isn't.

Prove it?

The only people that agree with you are magic fans and Skip Bayless.

Slaps
04-29-2009, 03:01 PM
Really? Rondos shot was to the head. It was a vicious attempt to stop Brad from scoring.

Put it this way what if Dwight did what Rondo did to say Iggy, and he knocks out teeth and causes blood on the court. I guarantee Sixers fans would be in the same position as all bulls fans.
He cut his lip with his teeth, where does it say his teeth got knocked out? Boy you Bulls fans are stretching.

_Supreme_
04-29-2009, 03:03 PM
The only people that agree with you are magic fans and Skip Bayless.

I doubt that, but even if it were true I couldn't care less.

People are easily fooled by "what appears to be".

_Supreme_
04-29-2009, 03:05 PM
I don't think Rondo should be suspended either.

His timing was off on that play and he hit the head instead of the ball (or arm). Shizzle happens.

Again, there is no way of proving whether it was just a wild play or pure intent to do exactly what happened.

Slaps
04-29-2009, 03:26 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4111528

Looks like one might be sitting but it won't be Rondo.

TYoung21
04-29-2009, 03:31 PM
Howard should be suspended 2 games because he was supposed to get ejected immediately after. But since the refs give him star treatment he stayed in the game...

ChitownbullsBG7
04-29-2009, 03:36 PM
Howard should be suspended 2 games because he was supposed to get ejected immediately after. But since the refs give him star treatment he stayed in the game...

that doesnt even make sense. If he gets ejected then most likely he plays in game 6.

DR.J9
04-29-2009, 03:40 PM
He wont get suspended because he's Dwight Howard

still1ballin
04-29-2009, 03:47 PM
Howard suspended 1 game for elbowing Samuel Dalembert

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-dwight-howard-suspended-game-6-042909,0,1208522.story

madiaz3
04-29-2009, 03:49 PM
Yikes, I sense a blowout..

Brooke
04-29-2009, 03:50 PM
that is definitely a blow to the Magic

Teeboy1487
I just saw on espn that howard will serve an one game suspension for that elbow. No Link

magicbucs4eva
lol u wish he would get suspended 2 games! not happening tho

Statik1
04-29-2009, 03:52 PM
Dwight just has to be smarter then that. He did it and there is nothing he can do about it.

Slaps
04-29-2009, 03:52 PM
On ESPN one game for Howard.

ugafan
04-29-2009, 03:56 PM
KG did worse last year and got nothing.
Hawks would have won that game and we'd have a different champion.
Shows how big an impact this can be.

J Dub8299
04-29-2009, 03:59 PM
I like Howards game no doubt but this was well warranted...he cost himself and his team he clearly just lost his head for a moment.

JayW_1023
I think without Howard lumbering the middle we're gonna have more of a shootout styled game. Either Hedo or Lewis is gonna have a big game.

magicbucs4eva
big blow but if they still win what would everyone think about it?

tr4shb0t
04-29-2009, 04:00 PM
Of course, according to the rules.

JordansBulls
04-29-2009, 04:01 PM
Hopefully we have 2 game sevens in the lower half of the eastern bracket

SeoulBeatz
04-29-2009, 04:03 PM
its official, and it makes sense.

DrDEADalready
04-29-2009, 04:06 PM
:cry: He didn't deserve this.

braveniler58
04-29-2009, 04:06 PM
:cry: He didn't deserve this.

Uhh, yeah he did.

Now, Rondo needs to be suspended as well.

BroadStBullies
04-29-2009, 04:12 PM
It's a rule, so he does deserve this.

stouderose
04-29-2009, 04:12 PM
yeah if rondo is suspended justice will be somewhat served

CityofTreez
04-29-2009, 04:15 PM
What an idiot?

DrDEADalready
04-29-2009, 04:16 PM
Is that a question?

MTone8788
04-29-2009, 04:18 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4112203

Justification.

MAC10TIZZY
04-29-2009, 04:20 PM
on TNT Charles Barkley was asked by Ernie Johnson, "should Dwight Howard be suspended?"....Charles replied, "no question about it"

ya charles also gets caught drunk driving, so whats your argument? that he is a source for good judgement?

DrDEADalready
04-29-2009, 04:21 PM
Already posted. :p

Chaps
04-29-2009, 04:22 PM
he shouldnt of been suspended. How can KG get away with all the crap he does and Dwight gets suspended for an elbow. wow

DrDEADalready
04-29-2009, 04:23 PM
Nba is Fixed I tell you FIXED.

Anon
04-29-2009, 04:26 PM
I'm surprised it took Dwight this long to lose his temper. Dalembert, Ratliff and Evans spend the entire series fouling the crap out of him, half the time it doesn't get called, and it's not supposed to get to him? Meanwhile if you put your hand on Wade, Kobe or Bron Bron they are at the line. Ridiculous.

Ender
04-29-2009, 04:29 PM
I'm surprised it took Dwight this long to lose his temper. Dalembert, Ratliff and Evans spend the entire game fouling the crap out of him, half the time it doesn't get called, and it's not supposed to get to him? Meanwhile if you put your hand on Wade, Kobe or Bron Bron they are at the line. Ridiculous.

Yeah, poor guy. All he does is drive his shoulder into the defenders chest EVERY TIME he touches the ball.

Dwiht Howard's a big boy, he's been getting mugged all season, he chose NOW to let it get to him. Lack of maturity. You never see Shaq doing this kind of stuff an dhe's been taking it for 15 years.

It's a righteous suspension based on the letter of the law, but I understand Magic fans being pissed with 40% of the starting lineup out because of Dwight Howard elbows.

Anon
04-29-2009, 04:32 PM
You never see Shaq do this kind of stuff?

Link-http://ballhype.com/story/11_16_08_shaq_flagrant_2_foul_on_rodney_stuckey/

magicbucs4eva
04-29-2009, 04:33 PM
lol lack of maturity really?? man u guys talk a bunch of crap. cant wait to get past these fans.

Anon
04-29-2009, 04:38 PM
Oh you must have meant this kind of stuff.

Link-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwJoI0YEGI4&feature=related

JJ81
04-29-2009, 04:39 PM
I clearly meant to hit him

MTone8788
04-29-2009, 04:44 PM
I'm surprised it took Dwight this long to lose his temper. Dalembert, Ratliff and Evans spend the entire series fouling the crap out of him, half the time it doesn't get called, and it's not supposed to get to him? Meanwhile if you put your hand on Wade, Kobe or Bron Bron they are at the line. Ridiculous.

You forgot to mention how Dwight's been pushing and clearing space how he shouldn't. That's okay though! I understand that you are just being an ignorant Magic fan.

Ender
04-29-2009, 04:44 PM
You never see Shaq do this kind of stuff?

Link-http://ballhype.com/story/11_16_08_shaq_flagrant_2_foul_on_rodney_stuckey/

lol lack of maturity really?? man u guys talk a bunch of crap. cant wait to get past these fans.

Wow, way to take every word literally. The point was, Shaq rarely does things to hurt his team in the playoffs. And there is simply no arguing the fact the suspension is just.

MagicBucsSox
04-29-2009, 04:46 PM
man i think we still gon beat them, battie gon step in,he can handle them trash 6ers bigmen, we gon have to let the 3s fly

wadecounty305
04-29-2009, 04:50 PM
the sixers are very lucky.. they gona win tomorrow and this series are gonna go to game 7 and the magic wont have courtney lee.. i wish howard comes back strong and beat philly

hurdler388
04-29-2009, 04:50 PM
I understand you are a biased Sixers fan, but the only one who knows what was going on inside Dwight Howard's head at that moment is Dwight Howard.

I've seen similar stuff happen a lot when I still played, and usually it's just an annoyed "let the F go of me" shug of the arm (in the air). By no means a move like that definitely has to be with the intent to hit.

If it really was intent to hurt Dalembert he would have hit him a whole lot better.

But whatever, we'll have to wait and see what happens.

i watched the game and seeing it in real time i wasn't sure if it was intentional or not. but after looking at the replays that was an elbow tito ortiz would have been proud of. i can't comprehend how anyone thinks it wasn't blatantly intentional. The NBA will make itself look bad if no action is taken.

MTone8788
04-29-2009, 04:52 PM
the sixers are very lucky.. they gona win tomorrow and this series are gonna go to game 7 and the magic wont have courtney lee.. i wish howard comes back strong and beat philly

Lucky? How is it lucky that an official rule is being enforced? LMAO

Oh!!! It's the NBA and it's a superstar... I guess it is sort of lucky

Anon
04-29-2009, 04:53 PM
The point is the NBA has created an environment in which it is inevitable that elite big men like Dwight and Shaq will do this. Scrubs like the Sixers frountcourt have no prayer of guarding Dwight and so the NBA lets them get away with cheating in order to somewhat contain him.
It would be like the NFL saying you can tackle Randy Moss whenever you want because you are physically unable to cover him.

VCaintdead17
04-29-2009, 04:55 PM
very out of character for him

MTone8788
04-29-2009, 04:56 PM
The point is the NBA has created an environment in which it is inevitable that elite big men like Dwight and Shaq will do this. Scrubs like the Sixers frountcourt have no prayer of guarding Dwight and so the NBA lets them get away with cheating in order to somewhat contain them.
It would be like the NFL saying you can tackle Randy Moss whenever you want because you are physically unable to cover him.

So it's okay that Dwight pushes Dalembert with his hands? I don't quite understand...

the Knickerbock
04-29-2009, 05:03 PM
well...I cant wait for game 7!

albertc86
04-29-2009, 05:04 PM
very out of character for him

Frustration is not out of character for any human being.

Anon
04-29-2009, 05:06 PM
Clearly you don't understand.

masalex1205
04-29-2009, 05:14 PM
Interested to see how the Magic play w/o Dwight.

Im thinking a big sixers win though, Howard is just too big a part of that team

TheDiggler
04-29-2009, 05:14 PM
I think the refs did a good job. They didn't eject him, because playoffs are played intense and the ORL-PHI series is very physical played. By getting suspended for Game 6 all is OK to me.

So ... we see a Game 7, huh ?

macc
04-29-2009, 05:17 PM
I can't see why it is Howards fault, I mean he hates Sam D's face. What else was he supposed to do?

aWiLL 20
04-29-2009, 05:22 PM
should have been ejected. deserves the suspension. end of story

cwilson21
04-29-2009, 05:24 PM
Well deserved punishment.

Nasty-Nas
04-29-2009, 05:27 PM
Have a nice summer Orlando

Anon
04-29-2009, 05:31 PM
I don't disagree with the suspension. I am just saying as a fan of the one and only team in the NBA who's franchise player is a back-to-the-basket, dominant center. It is incredibly frustrating to watch the different sets of rules the NBA uses. One for post players and one for guards. The reality is nobody would be able to take the crap Dwight constantly has to put up with without retaliating eventually.
Beyond that the idea that this will cost us the series is laughable since Dwight will be back for game 7 in Orlando regardless of the outcome of game 6.

Tragedy
04-29-2009, 05:34 PM
I think the refs did a good job. They didn't eject him, because playoffs are played intense and the ORL-PHI series is very physical played. By getting suspended for Game 6 all is OK to me.

So ... we see a Game 7, huh ?
Agreed. Good to see he wasn't ejected, but it was probably a good call suspending him.

pd7631
04-29-2009, 05:36 PM
It's good that he was suspended, it's the right thing to do....now. But he should've been tossed in the 1st quarter of Game 5, but the refs didn't have the balls to do it. The NBA rule book clearly states that any elbow above the shoulder will result in an immediate ejection. And that would've meant that Dwight would've been out of the game in the 1st quarter, which means no 20/20 game for Dwight, which probably results in a win for the Sixers. Then we would've had 2 shots at eliminating the Magic, with one being in Philly.

Philly4life84
04-29-2009, 05:41 PM

Dwight...?

Hustla23
04-29-2009, 05:49 PM
Didn't really expect this sort of thing from Dwight.

He should be ashamed of himself.

ChaseHamels
04-29-2009, 05:58 PM
Anon I have been on these forums daily for about a year and you are by far one of the biggest d-bags I've seen. You complain about Howard getting hacked? The f'n dude CAMPS OUT in the lane. In game 7 (and yes game 7 is inevitable) watch how many times a 3 second violation should have been called. Idiot.

Super.
04-29-2009, 06:05 PM
Expected he would. Why Dwight? i liked you! dont pull that crap!

Corey
04-29-2009, 06:09 PM
Yea, I wouldn't ever expect that kind of play from Dwight. There wasn't even a play on the ball, Dwight just turned and clocked him.

Deserved the one game suspension.

BTownTeamsRKing
04-29-2009, 06:11 PM
well looks like we got a GAME 7 in ORLANDO.

Anon
04-29-2009, 06:19 PM
Of course Dwight camps out in the lane. His job is to protect the basket. He also steps out and resets the clock. The guy is the Defensive POY by a landslide not some no talent roster fill like your front court boasts.

IRUAM #21
04-29-2009, 06:21 PM

Are you Dwight Howard ? :confused:

m26555
04-29-2009, 06:22 PM

Give me a break...You REALLY think Rondo is going to DELIBERATELY swing at his head with the game on the line? You're sounding like an idiot.

KB24PG16
04-29-2009, 06:32 PM
game 7 now

nVicious
04-29-2009, 06:35 PM
Are you Dwight Howard ? :confused:

NO! Its not him. Look at his location, lol.

ChaseHamels
04-29-2009, 06:51 PM
Of course Dwight camps out in the lane. His job is to protect the basket. He also steps out and resets the clock. The guy is the Defensive POY by a landslide not some no talent roster fill like your front court boasts.

He absolutely does NOT step out and reset the clock. If he did he wouldn't be camping in the lane. Florida boys get too much sun. :eyebrow:

Anon
04-29-2009, 06:56 PM
And philly girls smoke to much green. :smoking:

AllTheWay
04-29-2009, 07:06 PM

Uhh a lot of the time elbows are far worse. Ever heard of Muay Thai? My elbow could do a lot more damage to you than my fist....

Kakaroach
04-29-2009, 07:07 PM
Totally deserved. No play on the ball, and just a cheap shot. Expected more from the fun-loving 7-footer.

VRP723
04-29-2009, 07:08 PM
the league is on a power trip and take things too far. its the playoffs, no one wants to see a playoff series be decided because the league decided to suspend a player

NYKnickFanatic
04-29-2009, 07:18 PM
The title to this thread is misleading.

DID he get suspended? Or are you just asking us?

But yes, I DO think he should be suspended.

EDIT: Never mind, I see it is official. He is suspended.

Tragedy
04-29-2009, 07:24 PM
the league is on a power trip and take things too far. its the playoffs, no one wants to see a playoff series be decided because the league decided to suspend a player
Howard brought it upon himself. I understand you get physical in the Playoffs. Bumping and a little shoving is to be expected. Hard fouls are usually understandable. You do not TRY to elbow a player.

pd7631
04-29-2009, 07:26 PM
The title to this thread is misleading.

DID he get suspended? Or are you just asking us?

But yes, I DO think he should be suspended.

Well, I made this thread last night before he was suspended. Someone changed the title of the thread once the the suspension was given to him.

Anon
04-29-2009, 07:36 PM
Howard brought it upon himself. I understand you get physical in the Playoffs. Bumping and a little shoving is to be expected. Hard fouls are usually understandable. You do not TRY to elbow a player.

My issue is not with the suspension. My point all along has been that the NBA has created this environment for elite post players. No one can take being fouled over and over again without eventually boiling over. But in the NBA the way you defend a player of Howard's caliber is by sending scrubs out (Dalembert, Evans, Ratliff) to hack him. It was the same with Shaq. Hell, it's considered an excellent strategy! So this sanctimonious crap that Dwight should be ashamed or is a bad guy is ridiculous. He puts up with this all season long. If anything it's amazing he doesn't go postal more often.

WSU Tony
04-29-2009, 07:52 PM
He should be suspended, no doubt. If you go for a blow to the head, your done. Period.

NJrockPD
04-29-2009, 08:00 PM
He and Rondo should be sitting home for game 6. At least Dalenbert still has all of his teeth.

BTownTeamsRKing
04-29-2009, 08:30 PM
game 7 now

:clap: now u got the right idea.

fire2last
04-29-2009, 08:35 PM
Ya the fact that he wasn't tossed in game 5 hurts Philly. The foul was early in the first so Philly would have most likely won that game with Howard out early. Then game 6 is at Philly, one they could very well win with Howard playin. Now they have to win game 6, almost a given, and then win a tough game at Orlando...they got screwed.

Jezeble
04-29-2009, 08:42 PM

OMG! Better yet, you don't deliberately slug a player in the mouth, knocking out teeth, and have him bleeding all over the court. What nerve!!:rolleyes:

chad78
04-29-2009, 08:42 PM
Im a magic fan and i believe he should have been suspended but be fair and suspend rondo to.

ThePhillyFour89
04-29-2009, 09:39 PM

A couple things...

First of all, Philly's frontcourt has been minus one of it's key components for a long time now - Elton Brand. Not many teams have physical freak like Howard playing for them. Additionally, the game of basketball is a two-way street. As a biased fan of Orlando, you see all the garbage that Dwight has to deal with down low night in and night out. However, you don't realize that he gets away with a ton, too. Almost every one of his layups/dunks is initiated by a massive shoulder to the chest of the guy defending him. The suspension is just. Move on.

Chazm
04-29-2009, 11:58 PM
Ya the fact that he wasn't tossed in game 5 hurts Philly. The foul was early in the first so Philly would have most likely won that game with Howard out early. Then game 6 is at Philly, one they could very well win with Howard playin. Now they have to win game 6, almost a given, and then win a tough game at Orlando...they got screwed.

How did they get screwed? Obviously the refs missed the blatant elbow swing from dwight and did not eject him, or in that exact moment they felt it wasn't intentional. Afterwards, the video was reviewed and they decided to suspend him. I think he deserves it.

Also, I don't see how the magic would have automatically lost the game. We fared pretty well without him this year and Gortat shined...actually I wouldn't be suprised if we win game 6 without him.

NBA_Starter
04-30-2009, 12:11 AM
No doubt the NBA got this one right and I applaud them for that, Howard is lucky Dalembart didn't break a bone or start bleeding everywhere because it then could/would have been a multiple game suspension.

Jezeble
04-30-2009, 12:51 AM
No doubt the NBA got this one right and I applaud them for that, Howard is lucky Dalembart didn't break a bone or start bleeding everywhere because it then could/would have been a multiple game suspension.

:laugh2:Oh, that's so funny! Miller lost a tooth and bled all over the court and Rondo was not even upgraded to a Flagrant 1! So much for that theory.:laugh:

NJrockPD
04-30-2009, 01:16 AM
:laugh2:Oh, that's so funny! Miller lost a tooth and bled all over the court and Rondo was not even upgraded to a Flagrant 1! So much for that theory.:laugh:

Exactly the NBA is a ****ing joke. I'm still going to follow the Bulls, but if they are eliminated i'm not watching ****.

Lakergirl24
04-30-2009, 01:51 AM
Its unfortunate that he has to be suspended in such a big game, but he knows better and its deserved.

JC_
04-30-2009, 03:02 AM
Definately deserved suspension but I think all of this "I thought more of Howard" is pretty lame. He was basically saying "get the **** off me!" because dalembert gave him that extra shove. Kind of spur of the moment type thing where you react to something done to you. Next time he is put in this kind of situation he'll probably think and react differently.

EX-TREME
04-30-2009, 05:30 AM
i hate when everybody say that it will be a game 7 even though we have not played game 6. gortat have done a great job backing up howard.

Tblaze
04-30-2009, 05:45 AM
When I read the topic I thought it was some elbow punch that was blown up out of proportions, but seeing it.. it really does deserve a suspension and I didn't expect this from Howard...

Slaps
04-30-2009, 07:34 AM
OMG! Better yet, you don't deliberately slug a player in the mouth, knocking out teeth, and have him bleeding all over the court. What nerve!!:rolleyes:You are really stretching. No teeth were knocked out and he did not slug him in the mouth. The smack in the mouth caused a tooth to cut the lip causing blood (and no he was not bleeding all over the place). Next thing you'll say is he lost a bunch of teeth, his jaw was broke and he will be playing tonight with his jaw wired shut. I'd expect him to say tonight "It would take a miracle for me to play tonight". Oh wait wrong person.

theimortalone
04-30-2009, 10:43 AM
Unfortunatly he did deserve it. :sigh:

phila_gorilla
04-30-2009, 11:00 AM

As a basketball fan, I agree, he should have been ejected on the spot. However, as a Sixers fan, I am gald he didn't get ejected because with out an ejection on the spot, there was more of a possibility for a suspension for game 6. (Which he received.)

phila_gorilla
04-30-2009, 11:05 AM
fined? yes.

suspended? no.

it's the playoffs.

It's the playoffs, you're right. That means you HAVE to be able to keep yourself and your emotions in check. Howard didn't and he got suspended, which is what he deserves.

skyhibballpj87
04-30-2009, 12:07 PM
Didn't really expect this sort of thing from Dwight.

He should be ashamed of himself.

Im a big magic fan and yes i agree with the suspension but cant a guy make a mistake without the fans jumping down his throat. a guy shoves you in the back in front of a hostile environment in the playoffs he got emotional after a shove after a play and made a mistake. thats it people things like that happen, horry shoving nash into the announcers table, posey checking someone to the floor, and other things i cannot think of off the top of my head. the guys 23 he acted in the moment it happened the nba dealt with it. dont count us out game 6 though lewis and turk might surprise you and gotart proved to me hes no push over in the lanes hes stepped for us when dwight was out we will see what happens, but i think they can still pull it off

DitchDat
04-30-2009, 12:26 PM
yeah it was obvious. Now the rest of the Magic squad will actually have to show up if they want to put away the Sixers.

durtee
04-30-2009, 12:30 PM
I don't think that Dwight is a dirty player, but that was a dirty move so he deserved to be suspended. That said the NBA is a f'n joke right now. So ridiculously inconsistent from game to game or player to player. Drives me crazy. I will still watch the Playoffs even though my Pistons are out, but if they don't clean it up soon, then they are going to lose fans pretty quick.

69centers
04-30-2009, 12:47 PM
Dwight is real lucky he didn't get ejected in that game for the elbow. Without him, Philly had a great chance of going home up 3-2 AND Howard would have gotten a 1 game suspension for it, which means Philly could have closed it out at home without Howard. The Magic should consider themselves real lucky they are up in the series.

atl_braves_fan
04-30-2009, 05:31 PM
Dwight is real lucky he didn't get ejected in that game for the elbow. Without him, Philly had a great chance of going home up 3-2 AND Howard would have gotten a 1 game suspension for it, which means Philly could have closed it out at home without Howard. The Magic should consider themselves real lucky they are up in the series.

and Boston should consider themselves lucky to have Rondo for the next game.

_Sn1P3r_
04-30-2009, 05:51 PM
Sixers can get a nice win at home with a Dwight-less Magic squad. Hedo, 'Shard and company will have to pick up the slack on both offense and defense.

Kannon81
05-01-2009, 12:46 AM
yes

Kannon81
for 2 games

Kannon81
he is a head hunter

Kryptonite8383
05-01-2009, 01:20 AM
Dwight got a nice day off. Even though it cost him 123,359 thousand dollers lol

BTownTeamsRKing
05-01-2009, 01:30 AM
so much respect to the Magic. i have insulted your team's toughness and they shut me up. nice job.