PDA

View Full Version : Trouble in Game 6

ragee
04-29-2009, 02:22 PM
We are going to play in Philly, Lee has been ruled out and Dwight might get suspended for elbowing Dalembert... Uh-oh... We're in trouble... I hope its only one game... If its a two game suspension, we are done...

magicbucs4eva
04-29-2009, 02:38 PM
whoa there is no way we are done!! even if dwight is out one game we have the talent to beat them! think about it without dwight we are an average team just like the sixers. we still have a strong team! dont lose confidence

BChydro86
04-29-2009, 02:42 PM
u have no chance without howard. we can guard ur shooters, and we can single cover ur entire lineup.

no one will be left open

magicbucs4eva
04-29-2009, 02:47 PM
lol ok. ur funny

sNaKeS
04-29-2009, 03:16 PM
u have no chance without howard. we can guard ur shooters, and we can single cover ur entire lineup.

no one will be left open

Just like you guarded them last night when they shot 8-23 from the 3 point line right? You have no answer for lewis and turkoglu is coming on strong the past 2 games. The sixers have fallen back to earth and they will lose tomorrow regardless if howard plays or not.

BChydro86
04-29-2009, 03:27 PM
why am i funny. howards offensive rebounds and extra possessions are how u guys won game 5. without that, u guys are lost.

BChydro86
04-29-2009, 03:28 PM
fallen back to earth?

we havent left the ground yet. we havent been playing our best ball either. weve only seen it in brief stretches and big runs in the 4th.

magicbucs4eva
04-29-2009, 03:33 PM
hey idc u can underestimate everyone as much as u want! u couldnt stop rashard? 13pts in the 4th, alston gets whatever he wants. hes to fast for miller. once jj and peitrus start hittin it will be dangerous! turk is gettin stronger. not to mention battie has a jump shot and gortat can get rebounds and he can do left and right hooks too! were a deep team u just havent seen all of us yet.

BChydro86
04-29-2009, 03:35 PM
wrong, willie green couldnt stop rashard.....for some reason they let willie switch onto him off screens which is the dumbest thing ever. willie cant guard shard 1-on-1.

iggy, thad, and evans can guard him.

phila_gorilla
04-29-2009, 03:35 PM
whoa there is no way we are done!! even if dwight is out one game we have the talent to beat them! think about it without dwight we are an average team just like the sixers. we still have a strong team! dont lose confidence

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Our average team has had you on the ropes every game even with Howard. Without him I can't see us losing. We'll just have to see what happens without him. Hopefully for the Sixers, he actually gets suspended and doesn't get the star treatment.

NYCkid12
04-29-2009, 03:38 PM
magic havent played up to their full potential this series yet either...if we did we would have swept u guys

magicbucs4eva
04-29-2009, 03:48 PM
thad was the one guarding rashard alot of the 4th quarter! and yes u guys had us on the ropes but u know we sucked those games and u guys still won in the last seconds by 2 points each game! there still not where they can be so lets just see what happens. i agree with nyckid12

sNaKeS
04-29-2009, 04:05 PM
fallen back to earth?

we havent left the ground yet. we havent been playing our best ball either. weve only seen it in brief stretches and big runs in the 4th.

What do you mean haven't left the ground? Your team was the WORST 3 point shooting team in the nba, not one of the worst THE WORST, and now they make over 5 three's a game and shoot 37% from beyond the arc. And your team has a .500 record, they were up 2-1 in the series and you people are all hyped up saying crap like "we're better than the magic" and "we have the better team", please this team is average at best.

ragee
04-29-2009, 04:23 PM

I think game 6 will be won by the Sixers... Yes, we are an average team like the Sixers without Dwight... The difference between the two teams is the Magic without Dwight does not have any stregth in frontcourt... Without a true pf and now, without a center... I just hope the Magic won't play sloppy in game 7... Another 20-20 by Dwight will seal the deal...

fallen back to earth?

Are you serious? You have been shooting lights out from 3 especially in game 1! And you are the worst 3 point shooting in the league... Right?

magicbucs4eva
04-29-2009, 04:31 PM
they dont have any strengths in the frontcourt either! if battie steps up which he is capable of and jj and peitrus shoot good i think it will be close! dont count us out yet!

ragee
04-29-2009, 04:39 PM
they dont have any strengths in the frontcourt either! if battie steps up which he is capable of and jj and peitrus shoot good i think it will be close! dont count us out yet!

I think they have a decent frontcourt... JJ and Peitrus do better step up! Lee has been doing great in this series... I do hope you guys are right... I'd rather win game 6 and let the guys rest while the Bulls and the Celts bang each other up till game 7 with OTs every game...

MagicBucsSox
04-29-2009, 04:57 PM
man whats this guy talking about sixers aint playing their best? they're shooting good which isnt them, them beat us twice which they havent in 2yrs, millers hittin 3's, sam still sucks and iggys hittin 3s like he's trippin.
i hope we embarass them tomorrow in philly w/o dwight. its gonna be an even bball game. just gotta start pietrus.

macc
04-29-2009, 05:26 PM
Pietrus will def be our X factor, I just don't get the guy, talent wise he can shoot from anywhere, has one of the best drives to the basket in the NBA and plays great defense, he just doesn't play aggressive enough. I want to see him in the iso a few times to see what he can do. Maybe that would boost his confedence for the rest of the game. Either way we'll prob lose game six, losing 2 starters is tough enough, esp when one is D12. Hopefully I'm wrong.

magicbucs4eva
04-29-2009, 05:35 PM
MagicBucsSox
Owner Join Date: Sep 2008

man whats this guy talking about sixers aint playing their best? they're shooting good which isnt them, them beat us twice which they havent in 2yrs, millers hittin 3's, sam still sucks and iggys hittin 3s like he's trippin.
i hope we embarass them tomorrow in philly w/o dwight. its gonna be an even bball game. just gotta start pietrus.

I completely agree wit u!!

pd7631
04-29-2009, 05:40 PM
Just because we've been making 3's doesn't mean that we've been playing our best. Our best is actually when we're forcing TO's and getting points in transition. We've done that for brief periods in this series, but we haven't put it together for a complete game. You guys have actually done a very good job of taking care of the ball and that's taking away from what is our biggest strength. Will see what you think of our best ball when we force you into 20+ turnovers in one of these games(if we can do it).

MagicBucsSox
04-29-2009, 05:47 PM
Just because we've been making 3's doesn't mean that we've been playing our best. Our best is actually when we're forcing TO's and getting points in transition. We've done that for brief periods in this series, but we haven't put it together for a complete game. You guys have actually done a very good job of taking care of the ball and that's taking away from what is our biggest strength. Will see what you think of our best ball when we force you into 20+ turnovers in one of these games(if we can do it).

impress me by actually beating us by more than GW shot with under 5secs how bout that one, im very aware a wins a win but this series is 1GW shot in game1 due to US losing a darn near 20 lead in the 4th,
so do that for me

pd7631
04-29-2009, 06:17 PM
^^well, when Dwight Howard stops taking two steps, a hop, a skip, and a jump in the paint...we might be able to win without it coming down to a last second shot

Anon
04-29-2009, 06:43 PM
It definitely sucks that we have to go without Howard in game 6. But maybe this will help Hedo and Pietrus get back on track. Without them we aren't going far regardless of the outcome of this series.

ragee
04-29-2009, 07:00 PM
It definitely sucks that we have to go without Howard in game 6. But maybe this will help Hedo and Pietrus get back on track. Without them we aren't going far regardless of the outcome of this series.

True... But I'm just a little scared of playing til game 7... Anything could happen... What if they don't miss on 3 pointers again and our shots don't fall? I would rather close it out at game 6 already... I hope Dwight learned his lesson and don't lose his cool in any situation...

sNaKeS
04-29-2009, 07:13 PM
True... But I'm just a little scared of playing til game 7... Anything could happen... What if they don't miss on 3 pointers again and our shots don't fall? I would rather close it out at game 6 already... I hope Dwight learned his lesson and don't lose his cool in any situation...

Yea but a team always runs that risk, it's just from game to game though. In the end, it always works out to what a team usually does. And don't lose faith yet, I know these philly fans can agree with me that most of them in the beginning of the series had little to no faith that the sixers would even contest the magic and now look where they are only down 3-2 in the series and now they have a game at home without orlando's best player. I guess what i'm saying is don't lose hope just because howard and lee aren't playing.

Philly4life84
04-29-2009, 10:50 PM
This is why I firmly believe we will win the series. First, you have to admit that Dwight has won you every game with his rebounding and easy dunks and without him you guys will almost surely lose and even if its a close one I still believe we will come out on top. We will ride the momentum down to Orlando without any pressure on us at all because nobody expected us to come close to winning, while you guys were supposed to be final contenders. If you fall behind early at home in Game 7 your fans will begin to get more and more edgy and Van Gundy will start his twitching again. The players will feel all the pressure of the fans on their backs and we will come through with the victory.
Not trying to start anything but this is how I see it playing out. You have to admit if we win Game 6 then all the pressure is on you not us.
-Have a nice day

sNaKeS
04-29-2009, 11:17 PM
This is why I firmly believe we will win the series. First, you have to admit that Dwight has won you every game with his rebounding and easy dunks and without him you guys will almost surely lose and even if its a close one I still believe we will come out on top. We will ride the momentum down to Orlando without any pressure on us at all because nobody expected us to come close to winning, while you guys were supposed to be final contenders. If you fall behind early at home in Game 7 your fans will begin to get more and more edgy and Van Gundy will start his twitching again. The players will feel all the pressure of the fans on their backs and we will come through with the victory.
Not trying to start anything but this is how I see it playing out. You have to admit if we win Game 6 then all the pressure is on you not us.
-Have a nice day

Dwight has won us every game? Game 2 he had an average night and courtney lee was a monster that game, game 4 hedo drained a 3 pointer to win it for the magic, and the last game was a team effort where lewis, howard, turk, and alston played very well. So to you I say howard has not won every game for us, he helped a hell of a lot but it was team play that won us those games. Who also said we were finals contenders cause I really would love to see it? Seriously, unless you mean the ECF then all we've been hearing is the same everyone else has been hearing, it's the cavs and lakers. And even if you're talking the ECF, a lot of people still had orlando losing to the celtics next round without KG. You also talk about momentum, i'm sorry aside from all this bullcrap with the refs and howard, the magic are coming together as a team, playing defense, playing team ball, and remembering what got them 59 wins this year, and have won the past 2 games. Orlando has the momentum and don't say the sixers are going to win on thursday just because howard is out because we still have plenty of shooters and are playing very good defense. It should be a closely contested game and I see orlando winning it in game 6.
-Have a nice day

Chazm
04-30-2009, 12:09 AM
-Have a nice day

I've been reading a lot that without Dwight we are toast, but I started thinking and IIRC in Dec. Gortat did really well in Dwights absence. Something in the area of 15pts 13 rebs. If he does this well, which I think he will, we still should have the upper hand in game 6.

EX-TREME
04-30-2009, 05:39 AM
I've been reading a lot that without Dwight we are toast, but I started thinking and IIRC in Dec. Gortat did really well in Dwights absence. Something in the area of 15pts 13 rebs. If he does this well, which I think he will, we still should have the upper hand in game 6.

thank you. you and me are the only one who believe in magic. despite howard and lee is out, i think we can win this thing and prove everybody wrong

magicbucs4eva
04-30-2009, 11:30 AM
i agree with u guys!! these guys will go out and win it to show everyone wrong! its crazy how everyone thinks were not a good team, just gotta prove them wrong

JNore151
04-30-2009, 02:21 PM
this is fukkkkkin beautiful.....gortat is gonna drop 10+ and 10+......lewis is gonna score 30+, hedo 20+ ...... this is gonna be perfect for our champ. run......philly aint shtttttttt, i mean they iiight but come on philly fans ya were at .500......we finaly bust out of our shell tonite!!!!!! this will make our team stronger!!!!

WE GO HARD!!!!!!!!!!

MAGIC FANS, STAND UP!!!!!!!!!!!

magicbucs4eva
04-30-2009, 02:48 PM
im with u jnore!! We got to support our magic no matter what and there gonna take this to shut everyone up!!! sorry philly its over in ur place and philly fans THATS YO FAULT!!!! as kobe would say

macc
04-30-2009, 03:04 PM
I'm not to worried about tonight, granted no Howard and Lee is a big blow but it's not like we're playing the Cavs or Lakers. We're playing the 76ers, if we can keep doubling Iggy and making their other non shooters take jump shots then we'll be fine. Turk is capable of scoring 20+ Lewis is capable of scoring 20+ Alston & MP as well. Just get good ball movement starting with Alston penetrating and dishing and we'll be fine.

A win against Philly w/o two of our starters would be very nice.

magicbucs4eva
04-30-2009, 03:25 PM
yea we should be fine we have players that can score they just have to be aggressive! peitrus could be so good but it seems like he is scared out there sometimes! but i love the guy

BADizzleBoY
04-30-2009, 03:30 PM
should be a good game as usual but it wont be so easy as you guys are expecting

maybe it is just because you guys are magic fans (well that probably is why)

we will probably be seeing a game 7

magicbucs4eva
04-30-2009, 03:42 PM
and it wont be as easy as you philly fans think either

sNaKeS
04-30-2009, 04:03 PM
Worse news other than game 6, courtney lee is probably going to miss the rest of the playoffs with his fractured sinus. He is going to have surgery on it and the preliminary signs are that he's done for the rest of the playoffs. Damn and he was playing as well as anyone this series not named dwight howard.

MagicBucsSox
04-30-2009, 04:19 PM
Worse news other than game 6, courtney lee is probably going to miss the rest of the playoffs with his fractured sinus. He is going to have surgery on it and the preliminary signs are that he's done for the rest of the playoffs. Damn and he was playing as well as anyone this series not named dwight howard.

sucks for us, i just hope theres a jj sighting tonight

spechtacular18
04-30-2009, 04:36 PM
i mean yoou guys can talk all this **** about the 76ers and how mediocre they are, but you have to give them some credit. they did take at least 2 games from a team that was expected to run away with the series

JNore151
04-30-2009, 04:44 PM
i mean yoou guys can talk all this **** about the 76ers and how mediocre they are, but you have to give them some credit. they did take at least 2 games from a team that was expected to run away with the series

yea i mean i like philly, miller is the man but sum of u philly fans be takin it to far like ya forgot ya a .500 team.......no offence to you but tonite, we show ya the real definition of elite.....

JNore151
04-30-2009, 04:46 PM
wow yo c.lee is out for the remaining....shtttt son.....although i like our chances this year.....next year we takin that number 1 seed fo sho......

magicbucs4eva
04-30-2009, 05:07 PM
c lee is huge! jj has been complainin for minutes and now he will get them! better step up jj

EX-TREME
04-30-2009, 05:21 PM
this is fukkkkkin beautiful.....gortat is gonna drop 10+ and 10+......lewis is gonna score 30+, hedo 20+ ...... this is gonna be perfect for our champ. run......philly aint shtttttttt, i mean they iiight but come on philly fans ya were at .500......we finaly bust out of our shell tonite!!!!!! this will make our team stronger!!!!

WE GO HARD!!!!!!!!!!

MAGIC FANS, STAND UP!!!!!!!!!!!

:rock:

macc
04-30-2009, 05:29 PM
yea we should be fine we have players that can score they just have to be aggressive! peitrus could be so good but it seems like he is scared out there sometimes! but i love the guy

I know! I've seen a few games this year where he has scored 20+ points and makes it look easy. I know the Magic isn't a selfish team but at times if you know you're good and you know you can drive anytime you like you should take advantage of that. MP is to me the X factor on our team, depending on how he does off the bench will determine how far we get into the playoffs.

EX-TREME
04-30-2009, 06:04 PM
yeah but he has struggled with injurys and inconsistency. he won't drive because he might get a injury. imagine jj redick with pietrus athleticism.

magicbucs4eva
04-30-2009, 06:10 PM
lol that would be a sick combo!! jj needs to start knockin his shots down! i loved how MP drove to the basketb at the beginning of the season but ever since he broke his wrist and hurt his thumb he doesnt go to the rim the same! understandable tho

ragee
04-30-2009, 06:24 PM
Well, I hope so... Can't wait to watch it... Magic make it rain!!!

macc
04-30-2009, 08:06 PM
End of the first and already an 11 pt lead. Had a 15 pt lead at one point in the 1st quarter alone. That's w/o Howard and Lee! Keep on rolling Magic!

charlsdq7
04-30-2009, 08:07 PM
game online??

ragee
04-30-2009, 08:12 PM
game online??

http://atdhe.net/

ragee
04-30-2009, 08:12 PM
Woah, JJ really is stepping up! So is Gortat!

macc
04-30-2009, 08:28 PM
Yes they are. Can't believe all the techs though. We even look at the ref wrong and they're calling one on us.

ragee
04-30-2009, 08:32 PM
wow, 16 pt lead without Dwight...

macc
04-30-2009, 09:07 PM
I'm just glad Gortat is getting the exporsure so people can see how solid he really.

ragee
04-30-2009, 09:15 PM
I'm just glad Gortat is getting the exporsure so people can see how solid he really.

I know!!! He is doing good job right now!!! Redick too!!! 12 points! 4 3pointers! Now, if we win this series which looks like its going there, Dwight being suspended is a blessing in disguise! This game is giving JJ and Gorat a lot of confidence!!!!

macc
04-30-2009, 09:16 PM
^^^^^Exactly right, stand by for round two

ragee
04-30-2009, 09:23 PM
^^^^^Exactly right, stand by for round two

I think the bulls will take it... If that happens, I think Dwight can avg 20 20 again like last year against the Raptors... If there is no way we can re-sign Turk, Dwight or Gortat can be our starting pf... I think we'll be fine!

ragee
04-30-2009, 09:24 PM
I want to apologize to the Magic for doubting!!! Dang! Its a blowout!

macc
04-30-2009, 09:47 PM
Looks like Celtics have it. But that's what round 2 was supposed to be. I'm not scared w/ or w/o Garnett.

EX-TREME
04-30-2009, 10:03 PM
orlando is now on the second round.

magicbucs4eva
05-01-2009, 10:46 AM
i loved watchin rashard post up!! we should run through that a lot more