PDA

View Full Version : Cardinals release RB Edgerrin James

TheRedMarauder
04-29-2009, 12:44 PM
Cardinals released RB Edgerrin James.

The NFL's active rushing leader, James was a contributor during Arizona's Super Bowl stretch run, but offers little power and shake as a runner. He turns 31 in August and has over 12,000 carries on his tires. Edge hasn't topped 3.9 yards a carry since 2005. As only a read-and-react back at this stage with some passing-down value, James won't find a place to start. New Orleans, Jacksonville, and Cleveland may show interest in him as a reserve.

rotoworld

chadillachembre
04-29-2009, 08:07 PM
Is Denver not interested at all? They don't have a predominant #1 back

hornitosmonster
04-29-2009, 08:19 PM
Is Denver not interested at all? They don't have a predominant #1 back

Denver drafted Knowshon Moreno. They also have Correll Buckhalter, LaMont Jordan, J.J. Arrington (you should know this one), Selvin Young, and Ryan Torain. I would say they don't have a need for Edge...

Andre Owens
05-03-2009, 10:15 PM
I have a feeling the Colts may have a little interest, I doubt they sign him but it's always possible. Other teams that might be interested?

Well I'll start with the Kansas City Chiefs. Why? Well with Larry Johnson not really liking his situation there, and the Chiefs apparently not sitting well with Johnson either, James would be great to have as an insurance running back. He's not going to put up huge numbers but he will run the ball fairly well if the Chiefs run into trouble.

Another team I think might be a possibility is the San Francisco 49ers. I know, I know they have Frank Gore, but who backs him up? I mean sure they got Coffe in the draft, but I don't think he's ready to be the full time backup. James could come in and help give Gore a breather every now and then. There's another though.

There's a couple teams I could see having interest.

Ramon Nivar
05-03-2009, 11:41 PM
Edge might be old enough for New England.

chadillachembre
05-04-2009, 02:23 PM
Denver drafted Knowshon Moreno. They also have Correll Buckhalter, LaMont Jordan, J.J. Arrington (you should know this one), Selvin Young, and Ryan Torain. I would say they don't have a need for Edge...

your right, I had a huge brain fart there. Knowshon didn't even cross my mind

chadillachembre
05-04-2009, 02:24 PM
Seattle might be interested, why not?

BlinkManJan02
05-14-2009, 03:13 PM
hopefully he can sign on with someone. i always liked him.

chadillachembre
05-14-2009, 06:20 PM
he'll sign with some one but for a smaller contract than he would have wanted