PDA

View Full Version : What if McDyess stayed in Denver?

JJ81
04-28-2009, 10:25 AM
What a fool

BkOriginalOne
04-28-2009, 10:31 AM
Denver would be too good.

EX-TREME
04-28-2009, 10:35 AM
denver would have a better frontcourt

MIsports4life
04-28-2009, 10:45 AM
They would have probably beat the Hornets by 80 last night.

bahama0811
04-28-2009, 10:46 AM
He'd still be playing.:shrug:

IBleedPurple
04-28-2009, 10:57 AM
They would definitely match up better against the Lakers

Derick713
04-28-2009, 11:02 AM
I feel sorry for the Nuggets. Imagine how good they'd be with Camby and McDyess. The Nuggets didn't mind being way over the cap when they had Iverson and now they must be kicking themselves that they traded Camby for nothing and bought out McDyess for no reason.

CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM
Chauncey Billups/Anthony Carter/
Dahntay Jones/JR Smith/Sonny Weems
Carmelo Anthony/Linas Klezia/
Kenyon Martin/Antonio McDyess/Renaldo Balkman
Nene/Marcus Camby/Chris Anderson/

Svoluch
04-28-2009, 11:08 AM
I feel sorry for the Nuggets. Imagine how good they'd be with Camby and McDyess. The Nuggets didn't mind being way over the cap when they had Iverson and now they must be kicking themselves that they traded Camby for nothing and bought out McDyess for no reason.

CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM

Why would you feel sorry for them? They are one of the best teams in the NBA, probably top 3.. No need to feel sorry for them, they are doing just fine...

bahama0811
04-28-2009, 11:10 AM

CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM

They didn't buy out Dice for no reason. They bought him out because he asked them to and he most likely would've just stayed away. I highly doubt he would've ever come to Denver.

As far as Camby the Nuggets pretty much have him in Chris Anderson. They are the same player except that Birdman knows his role. Camby for some reason thought that he could make jump shots consistently. That would pretty much destroy any momentum the Nuggets could build. And they didn't trade him for nothing, they traded him for a $10 million trade exception. What that means is that the Nuggets can trade for a player that makes $10 million a year without having to match the salaries. Just for an example, the Nuggets could trade for Josh Smith (who makes $10 million a year) and wouldn't have to give up anything. That is a huge bargaining chip for the future of the team.

IBleedPurple
04-28-2009, 11:12 AM
Without trading Camby, the Billups deal likely doesn't happen. Moving Nene to starting C is one of the keys to Denver's defensive revival.

McDyess did the typical NBA "I don't wanna play for you" and we didn't want to mess up the team chemistry with a distraction. He got what he deserved, a playoff series that wasn't even close, and an early start to the offseason.

PennyMy#1
04-28-2009, 11:16 AM
That guy's name is Andersen.

Pierzynski4Prez
04-28-2009, 11:29 AM
He probably would have missed the 2nd half of the season anyways due to injury

Chaudhry
04-28-2009, 11:33 AM
also kenyon martin came in after mcdyess...

so if mcdyess wasn't bought out they wouldn't have traded for martin since they would've had nene and mcdyess at that PF position (with camby at C)...

so its basically mcdyess and camby or andersen and martin...

bahama0811
04-28-2009, 11:35 AM
also kenyon martin came in after mcdyess...

so if mcdyess wasn't bought out they wouldn't have traded for martin since they would've had nene and mcdyess at that PF position (with camby at C)...

so its basically mcdyess and camby or andersen and martin...

Huh, you do remember that Dice was part of the trade that brought Chauncey to Denver this year. He just didn't want to come back. It could've been McDyess, Anderson and Martin.

69centers
04-28-2009, 11:38 AM
I feel bad for McDyess as between injuries and the bad teams he usually ends up on, he hasn't had any luck at all in his NBA career. Remember, he also had a chance to go to Boston this year, but he chose Detroit. If he came, we probably wouldn't have gotten Mikki Moore.

Chaudhry
04-28-2009, 11:40 AM
Huh, you do remember that Dice was part of the trade that brought Chauncey to Denver this year. He just didn't want to come back. It could've been McDyess, Anderson and Martin.

actually i didn't remember... nonetheless the idea was that denver would not have been better with him... if he had stayed back then they wouldn't have had martin... if he came this season with billups then someones minutes would have been cut... i just don't see him improving that team...