PDA

View Full Version : Game 5 Tue April 28th - 1st Round - Western Conference (4) Portland vs (5) Houston

JordansBulls
04-27-2009, 11:41 PM
(4) Portland Trailblazers (54-28) vs. (5) Houston Rockets (53-29)

Portland will have the Homecourt Advantage

Houston Leads Series 3-1 Series Breakdown

REGULAR SEASON SERIES
Rockets Won Season Series 2-1
Nov. 6: at Trail Blazers 101, Rockets 99 (OT)
Feb. 24: at Rockets 98, Trail Blazers 94
Apr. 5: at Rockets 102, Trail Blazers 88

Game 5 Tue. April 28, Houston @ Portland, 10:00 pm EDT NBA TV (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/preview?gid=2009042822)

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP)—Youth and inexperience are catching up with the Portland Trail Blazers.

The youngest team in the postseason has struggled with Houston’s Yao Ming to fall behind 3-1 in the playoff series with the Rockets and faces elimination Tuesday night in Portland.

Yao had 21 points and 12 rebounds in an 89-88 victory over the Blazers on Sunday night. Once his teammates were able to get him the ball inside, Yao was nearly unstoppable. When Portland tried to double him, that left someone else open.

“When Yao is scoring for us and gets a lot of touches, he’s our foundation and we feel great every time he catches the ball because we know he commands so much attention that it’s going to open up things for us,” Rockets forward Shane Battier said.

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/KHinrich12/Team%20Logos/Blazers.png Projected Starting Lineup

http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/1994.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/3027.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/3416.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/2983.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/3225.jpg

PG - Steve Blake
SG - Brandon Roy
SF - Nicolas Batum
PF - LaMarcus Aldridge
C - Greg Oden

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/KHinrich12/Team%20Logos/Rockets.png Projected Starting Lineup

http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/3192.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/25.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/976.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/1781.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/1722.jpg

PG - Aaron Brooks
SG - Ron Artest
SF - Shane Battier
PF - Luis Scola
C - Yao Ming

superkegger
04-27-2009, 11:57 PM
With how close this series has been sans game 1, I think Roy will light it up and the Blazers will extend their season for 1 more game to lose in game 6. I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if Houston came out and won, but I think Portland will take this one in another close game.

bogmon
04-28-2009, 12:25 AM
With how close this series has been sans game 1, I think Roy will light it up and the Blazers will extend their season for 1 more game to lose in game 6. I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if Houston came out and won, but I think Portland will take this one in another close game.

I would not even be surprised if this went 7....but the Blazers look like they just can't get past the jitters of the first time playoff experience.

btw....big up Kenosha!

AllTheWay
04-28-2009, 01:57 AM
This should be a hard fought game, but I'm pretty sure Yao will close this **** out if he gets the ball.

tr4shb0t
04-28-2009, 02:26 AM
I personally guarantee Blazers win tomorrow, seeing as how the game is on NBATV. Rockets take it in 6 though.

agobbi17
04-28-2009, 03:16 AM
Yao needs to come out like he did in game 1. Hope they win tomorow so we can play the lakers sooner.

pippsux
04-28-2009, 03:23 AM
I can't believe our game is getting bumped again to NBA tv.

blackjack_119
04-28-2009, 03:29 AM
I can't believe our game is getting bumped again to NBA tv.

The people who schedule these broadcasts are idiots. Would people rather see LeBron blow out Detroit or a hard fought contest between Portland and Houston? Two of five games will only be broadcast on NBA TV.

tr4shb0t
04-28-2009, 03:47 AM
The people who schedule these broadcasts are idiots. Would people rather see LeBron blow out Detroit or a hard fought contest between Portland and Houston? Two of five games will only be broadcast on NBA TV.

Yea, but the reason it is on NBA TV is so a lot of people won't see the game. You know why they want this? It's so Portland can ensure a victory. It's the same reason you never see any of the Portland home games against the Lakers broadcast on public tv. There can be a huge amount of ref assistance and a lot of people won't see the unbalance. Portland is getting a huge fan base and in order to fuel that, the NBA needs to allow them big wins against good teams.

But I think even this is more entertaining than a highly predicted/destined cavs blowout.

pippsux
04-28-2009, 06:09 AM
I haven't slept all night, ready for a HUGE, MUST WIN game 5. The rockets have to win tonight. My key to the game, hmmmmm.....STOP ROY, CONTAIN ROY TO 20-30PTS and stop fouling him. 13 ft attempts is crazy!

:jumpy::jumpy:

DreamShaker
04-28-2009, 07:23 AM
I really think the Blazers will take this one...I hope they don't but I think they will...

Reyes6
04-28-2009, 11:01 AM
NBATV is sketchy, Rockets will probably have another injury... Did anyone catch the shooter in the Mutombo injury? I think it was the guy in the grassy knoll.

Anyway, it sucks it's on NBATV and that Houston has to get bumped because ESPN would rather show us College Football Live and NFL live since we all watched every moment of the draft in our footsie pajamas with popcorn. /sarcasm

Rockets pull off a close one tonite....

Rockets: 93
Blazers: 89

Rocket_lover
04-28-2009, 11:51 AM
rockets close out blazers tonite

still1ballin
04-28-2009, 12:44 PM
Go portland! Extend the series as much as possible!

bahama0811
04-28-2009, 12:48 PM
Portland pulls out game 5 tonight in a close one.

what54!?
04-28-2009, 12:48 PM
If they give yao the ball more this one should be over

king4day
04-28-2009, 01:30 PM
I really think the Blazers will take this one...I hope they don't but I think they will...

Awesome avatar.
I disagree tho. I think Houston is going to take this one after a valiant start by Portland.

I'd like to see the Rockets play wth urgency to get healthy for the next round.

Chronz
04-28-2009, 01:54 PM
It ends TONITE

superkegger
04-28-2009, 02:42 PM
I would not even be surprised if this went 7....but the Blazers look like they just can't get past the jitters of the first time playoff experience.

btw....big up Kenosha!

lol, you actually know where kenosha is?

brandt
04-28-2009, 08:45 PM
I think Yao needs to take control like he did in the first game, and the Rockets should win. If the Rockets win this series, they better win tonight. The less rest the Lakers get, the better.

NBA_Starter
04-28-2009, 10:18 PM
Man bump this NBA TV mess! :(

ABOMB_56
04-28-2009, 10:36 PM
Scola having a superstar-esq first quarter

Chronz
04-28-2009, 11:08 PM
Yea ok I take it back, it doesnt end tonight, Outlaw and Aldridge are finally stepping up, Roy doesnt need to have a huge game to win and he probably has one left in him before the series is over so it could still go 7, I doubt it though. 6 max my guess

sciferguy
04-28-2009, 11:14 PM
thats why chronz you say we should take this tonight or we need to close it out, otherwise you just look like an idiot for not knowing basketball because you need to take account for the fact that it's in the rose garden #1 and every game has been close except the first one...

koreancabbage
04-28-2009, 11:53 PM
man, looks like Greg Oden is a BUST. can't blame his injuries the way he is playing this playoff series.

With the emergence of Aldridge and the continuing development of Roy, he's not going to get the touches he needs to get out of the phrase he's going to carry for his career, which is "BUST"

Fins4Life
04-29-2009, 12:16 AM
So i was one game off, blazers in 7

goku
04-29-2009, 12:24 AM
rockets in 6 i expected the blazers to win tonight it has gone how i thought it would portland had their fans behind them

KB24PG16
04-29-2009, 12:41 AM
push it to 7

bogmon
04-29-2009, 12:55 AM
Lakers should have a lil' fear in their hearts....you don't want the Blazers in Rd. 2....

Blazas need to shock the world and become team number 9 to overcome the 3-1 hole!

sciferguy
04-29-2009, 01:03 AM
man, looks like Greg Oden is a BUST. can't blame his injuries the way he is playing this playoff series.

With the emergence of Aldridge and the continuing development of Roy, he's not going to get the touches he needs to get out of the phrase he's going to carry for his career, which is "BUST"

^^^I hate how somebody who has no idea about a team, and they just come in and say the most stupid $***. So since your from Korea (hopefully) I will excuse you because we don't need ppg from oden right now...what we need is defense...thats the one piece that we lacked and in oden thats what we expect. Points will come in the future but right now the pressure is on him to block and get rebounds

pippsux
04-29-2009, 01:04 AM
Yao is soft, there I said it. From the start of the game I knew we where in trouble. When your franchise player, does not get a shot attempt until late 1st Q or early 2nd Q, then there is a problem. Fronting is not a new defense invented by the Blazers, centers have been fronted for decades. But the truly great ones, find a way to get open. They keep moving, they don't stop after one move they keep moving from side to side until the ref is forced to call something. But Yao stops moving after one "weak attempt" at establishing position and by then the shot clock is down to 5 secs and we are stuck with a bad shot. Without a true playmaker on the team right now, Yao has to work harder to get open. HE NEEDS TO DEMAND THE BALL. Don't ask, DEMAND! And if you don't get the ball, get mad, throw your towel to the ground, bark at YOUR teammates for not getting you the ball. You are a grown man, stop worrying about your image and what China will think, get mad when you don't get the ball.

I am a fan of Yao, but for the first time, I am really not sure if maybe Yao hasn't peaked. Can't blame this on Tmac, can't blame this on anybody but himself. He gets 20 points and everybody pats him on the back and say's good job. WHAT!? I remember when Dream used to drop numbers like 35 pts 13 rebounds 3-5 blocks couple of steals and assists in any given playoff series in his career. And this was against superior talent and superior big men, not Prizbilla and Oden. One a bust and the other a non scoring 6 foul machine. Yao should be dominating. There is no Tmac to take 20 shots from him, he needs to DEMAND THE BALL.

I am officially calling out Yao, whose play in this series (except for game 1) has been pathetically mediocre for a player of his talent, intellect and skill.

what54!?
04-29-2009, 01:05 AM
the rockets can never close out an elimination game :pity:

Ansy
04-29-2009, 02:29 AM
I can't believe how many people are calling Oden a bust after this season. It shows ignorance (or at least a strong lack of knowledge about his career before the NBA and why his game has regressed).

Keep in mind Oden ran the court as quickly as Aaron Brooks during pre-draft camp. He's lost that speed by putting on too much upper body muscle, but he can get his speed back by changing his offseason lifting and cardio routine. His skills are the same that had him a clear number 1 overall pick after his Jr. year of HS. He still has a GREAT chance at having a Ben Wallace/Dennis Rodman/Buck Williams type of impact, and his ceiling is still somewhere in the Mutombo/Alonzo Mourning range. Just let him get his body back where he's comfortable again before calling the guy Kwame.

tr4shb0t
04-29-2009, 02:47 AM
Lakers should have a lil' fear in their hearts....you don't want the Blazers in Rd. 2....

Blazas need to shock the world and become team number 9 to overcome the 3-1 hole!

The Lakers don't fear the Blazers at all. Look at the freethrow differentials in the Portland home games against the Lakers and I promise you will laugh. Portland is allowed free victories by the refs against a few good teams this season because their fan base is getting big and they wanted to make the fans feel hopeful. It's far from what it seems, trust me.

I posted earlier guaranteeing that Portland would win this game merely because it was on nbatv, which no one watches. Refs can easily get away with horrible one-sided calls and no one sees it. Come to think of it, if you go back and look there are no games that Portland won against good teams that were actually publicly broadcasted (this includes the last 7 games that portland "won" against the Lakers). A little strange? Naw, its business.

Chronz
04-29-2009, 02:50 AM
thats why chronz you say we should take this tonight or we need to close it out, otherwise you just look like an idiot for not knowing basketball because you need to take account for the fact that it's in the rose garden #1 and every game has been close except the first one...
Yea theyve all been close, but that first one really took control of the series early. They didnt just win, they won convincingly. Tomorrow is a must win for Houston because if they lose then all the pressure falls back on them. But honestly you give this team 3 cracks at getting win and its over. Its just a matter of time.

Oh and I hardly look like an idiot for not being able to predict the future. Especially in a fannish rant, its not like I gave a serious analysis, deep inside I knew they would lose, I just felt like being a fan.

Chronz
04-29-2009, 03:07 AM

Dont let how Oden looks against Yao sour your thoughts on him, hes had a good rookie year.

blackjack_119
04-29-2009, 03:25 AM
The Lakers don't fear the Blazers at all. Look at the freethrow differentials in the Portland home games against the Lakers and I promise you will laugh. Portland is allowed free victories by the refs against a few good teams this season because their fan base is getting big and they wanted to make the fans feel hopeful. It's far from what it seems, trust me.

I posted earlier guaranteeing that Portland would win this game merely because it was on nbatv, which no one watches. Refs can easily get away with horrible one-sided calls and no one sees it. Come to think of it, if you go back and look there are no games that Portland won against good teams that were actually publicly broadcasted (this includes the last 7 games that portland "won" against the Lakers). A little strange? Naw, its business.

Like the game Portland "won" by 27 points. You are right... all of those ticky-tack fouls were the reason they won. I mean how do you give free throws when Trevor Ariza only sends a player to the hospital? He was trying for a really cool block, so they should have just let the teams play.:pity:

tr4shb0t
04-29-2009, 03:48 AM
Like the game Portland "won" by 27 points. You are right... all of those ticky-tack fouls were the reason they won. I mean how do you give free throws when Trevor Ariza only sends a player to the hospital? He was trying for a really cool block, so they should have just let the teams play.:pity:

What 27 pt game?

If you look at most of the games, the Blazers barely end up with a victory and then you see the stats and they shot 16-20 more freethrows. And if you watch the game (not with biased Portland fan eyes) there are numerous instances of wrong turnover calls and other curious violations that leave you scratching your head. You even see the opposing team laughing about it because its so obvious.

I felt like what I said was a pretty well-known fact, but through a fans eyes you can't see it obviously unless you are trying. Don't get all defensive because I am not attacking your team..I have nothing against the Blazers. This is just how the NBA works.

Chronz
04-29-2009, 03:52 AM
You cant be serious, the Blazers are like mini poor mans version of the Lakers. Practically clones but not as skilled or experienced, when you take away their athletic superiority, what much else is there?

fredv
04-29-2009, 04:00 AM
The main problem for the Rockets is that Rick Adelman has absolutely no clue of how to use Yao Ming. He has no clue against the sandwich or against fronting, which makes our soon-to-be-21MIL player absolutely useless...
When you have such a scoring machine as Yao can be and you don't use him IN THE PLAYOFFS, you know coach isn't doing right.
Hopefully we have some good role players that can keep us alive in this series orelse it would have been way different..
I expect the management to shake things up this offseason, because you know you aren't close to a ring if you can't sweep a young and unexperienced(sorry Portland nothing against you guys) Portland team..
And by shaking things up, I mean no one is untradeable, from Rick Adelman to Yao Ming..

eagles808
04-29-2009, 04:14 AM
Yea, but the reason it is on NBA TV is so a lot of people won't see the game. You know why they want this? It's so Portland can ensure a victory. It's the same reason you never see any of the Portland home games against the Lakers broadcast on public tv. There can be a huge amount of ref assistance and a lot of people won't see the unbalance. Portland is getting a huge fan base and in order to fuel that, the NBA needs to allow them big wins against good teams.

But I think even this is more entertaining than a highly predicted/destined cavs blowout.

Have you watched any of the games in the series? Yao is getting all the calls for him, even in Portland. Its getting crazy how the refs favor Yao... was there an officals meeting that they decided they need to protect that big ****** from ever getting a little contact?

JayW_1023
04-29-2009, 04:21 AM
The Rockets still have to prove how to put a team away...the hardest part of any competitive playoff series.

tr4shb0t
04-29-2009, 04:31 AM
Have you watched any of the games in the series? Yao is getting all the calls for him, even in Portland. Its getting crazy how the refs favor Yao... was there an officals meeting that they decided they need to protect that big ****** from ever getting a little contact?

Yes, I have been watching this series. Yao getting a ton of calls should not be a surprise..he is a huge international success and the nba makes a ton of money off him outside the US. They will benefit more from profits if the Rockets advance, and so we knew this would happen before the series started. I just knew the 2 games on nbatv would go to portland because the nba needs to satisfy Portland fans as they have grown immensely over the last 2 years.

blackjack_119
04-29-2009, 07:56 AM
What 27 pt game?

If you look at most of the games, the Blazers barely end up with a victory and then you see the stats and they shot 16-20 more freethrows. And if you watch the game (not with biased Portland fan eyes) there are numerous instances of wrong turnover calls and other curious violations that leave you scratching your head. You even see the opposing team laughing about it because its so obvious.

I felt like what I said was a pretty well-known fact, but through a fans eyes you can't see it obviously unless you are trying. Don't get all defensive because I am not attacking your team..I have nothing against the Blazers. This is just how the NBA works.

Wrong key... Portland only won by 17 points. The other they won by 8 points. Neither game did Portland "barely end up with the victory". As for the "laughable" free throw disparities... look at the game logs before bringing your conspiracy theory.

In the 8 point win by the Blazers, Portland was up late and the Lakers were fouling intentionally to try to win the game. They gave Portland 8 free throw attempts in the last 42 seconds from intentionally fouling the Blazers... that's not the officials.

In the 17 point win (which the Lakers trailed by 28 points after the 3rd quarter.. but saved face against Michael Ruffin, Shalik Randolph and company) At the end of the first half, Portland had scored 7 points off of free throws... the Lakers had scored 7 points off of free throws... Portland lead by 24 points.

The next game before that Portland won 112-103 (Another squeaker... Portland lead by 16 going into the 4th) Free throw attempts: Lakers = 29... Portland = 24 (Damn those refs and their Blazer bias)

The next game before that, Portland won 119-111 Another 8 point win... four in a row and none of them are close.) In this game, the Lakers shot 28 free throws and Portland shot 20. The officials obviously gave this game to Portland by letting them shoot 9-19 from 3PT... but those unfair officials only let the Lakers shoot 5-27 from 3PT (you are right, the refs are biased against the Lakers how else can you explain that disparity in 3P%)

The next game before that, Portland won 101-90 (5 in a row... none of them close) and attempted 10 more free throws. The major reason the Lakers lost. They let Portland shoot 52% from the field. I encourage you to look at that box score and note that Portland beat the Lakers by double digits without Roy or Aldridge (both were hurt.)

Those are all five games that the Lakers have played in Portland since Roy and Aldridge were drafted. A brief recap:

8pt Blazer win with a large FTA disparity mostly attributed to 8 FTs in the last 42 seconds from the Lakers intentionally fouling
17 pt Blazers win where both team had 7 points on FT's in the first half and Portland lead by 24 points
9pt Blazer win in which the Lakers attempted 5 more FT's than the Blazers
8pt Blazer win in which the Lakers attempted 8 more FT's than the Blazers
11pt Blazer win 10 FTA advantage for the Blazers... they also shot 52% from the field.

So these are the games that Portland "barely won" (on average they won by 10.6 points.) Who is the one that has a problem with "biased fan eyes" again?

Reyes6
04-29-2009, 12:27 PM
I don't know why people are blaming Yao, when he has no back-up. We had hoped he could play 35 minutes a game max not too long ago, and in his last 3 games since the Mutombo injury he has played...

Game 5- 39:34
Game 4- 43:54
Game 3- 36:00

He is exhausted and has to go up against a 7 foot starter and a 7 foot back-up who are both quite strong. Plus he has to think in the back of his mind that if he goes down, so does the Rockets. The Rockets NEED a backup center, or else Yao will take a nap at halfcourt during the 1st quarter next game.

Mutombo sitting on Chuck Hayes' shoulders and blocking shots FTW!!!

IBleedPurple
04-29-2009, 01:36 PM
Anyone think the Rockets fail to close this one out again?

Didn't see a killer instinct from them yet.

Ansy
04-29-2009, 03:01 PM
Wrong key... Portland only won by 17 points. The other they won by 8 points. Neither game did Portland "barely end up with the victory". As for the "laughable" free throw disparities... look at the game logs before bringing your conspiracy theory.

In the 8 point win by the Blazers, Portland was up late and the Lakers were fouling intentionally to try to win the game. They gave Portland 8 free throw attempts in the last 42 seconds from intentionally fouling the Blazers... that's not the officials.

In the 17 point win (which the Lakers trailed by 28 points after the 3rd quarter.. but saved face against Michael Ruffin, Shalik Randolph and company) At the end of the first half, Portland had scored 7 points off of free throws... the Lakers had scored 7 points off of free throws... Portland lead by 24 points.

The next game before that Portland won 112-103 (Another squeaker... Portland lead by 16 going into the 4th) Free throw attempts: Lakers = 29... Portland = 24 (Damn those refs and their Blazer bias)

The next game before that, Portland won 119-111 Another 8 point win... four in a row and none of them are close.) In this game, the Lakers shot 28 free throws and Portland shot 20. The officials obviously gave this game to Portland by letting them shoot 9-19 from 3PT... but those unfair officials only let the Lakers shoot 5-27 from 3PT (you are right, the refs are biased against the Lakers how else can you explain that disparity in 3P%)

The next game before that, Portland won 101-90 (5 in a row... none of them close) and attempted 10 more free throws. The major reason the Lakers lost. They let Portland shoot 52% from the field. I encourage you to look at that box score and note that Portland beat the Lakers by double digits without Roy or Aldridge (both were hurt.)

Those are all five games that the Lakers have played in Portland since Roy and Aldridge were drafted. A brief recap:

8pt Blazer win with a large FTA disparity mostly attributed to 8 FTs in the last 42 seconds from the Lakers intentionally fouling
17 pt Blazers win where both team had 7 points on FT's in the first half and Portland lead by 24 points
11pt Blazer win 10 FTA advantage for the Blazers... they also shot 52% from the field.

So these are the games that Portland "barely won" (on average they won by 10.6 points.) Who is the one that has a problem with "biased fan eyes" again?

I haven't seen an argument so thoroughly torn to shreads on these forums before. Awesome.

tr4shb0t
04-29-2009, 03:34 PM

I don't know why you keep mentioning the Lakers...I was talking about the bigger teams in general, but yea I know the Lakers are included. You are one hell of a fan to spend an hour writing an essay against the Lakers. Anyway, I know the stats don't always look insanely lop-sided, but the games I've seen there are too many suspicious things that happen like the 2 best players are conveniently in foul trouble the entire game, Portland gets away with blatant foul after blatant foul, turnovers are obviously called wrong. Then when the other team pretty much gives up by the 3rd or early 4th, the refs balance out the fouls and freethrows a little bit and it doesn't look so bad on paper. Please go back and look at play-by-play and not the stats at game's end. And relax, I said I have nothing against your team.

Verbal Christ
04-29-2009, 05:39 PM
its natural for fans who have been 'away' from the playoffs so long to be somewhat 'homer drunk' and its what being a fanatic is all about. with all that said anyone who says that yao is the only player in this series to recieve preferential treatment has a serious case of one-sided blindness. Brandon Roy, great player no doubt, gets PLENTY of star calls, i mean KobeESQUE 'breathe on me' fouls, so to say yao is the only guy getting the calls is horseshit. be an objective fan. now as far as the game last night, big ups to nate mcmillan, guy is outcoaching rick adelman thus far, and the blazers had more energy, and executed their game plan perfectly. i though sitting batum and playing fernandez so much was a great move for them. aldridge was on fire, and a couple of phantom calls to take luis scola out of the game after he was going toe to toe with LA was a bit depressing to say the least, but blaming refs is a pussie excuse quite honestly. the rockets were in the game until the final two minutes or so, on the road in what can be called the hardest road arena to play in. thats the way it goes. now we come back to H-TOWN where the blazers are now 1-12 in their last 13 visits. should be fun, and even if the ROX do happen to lose, we still live to play one more game, and who do you ride with in a game 7 if it happens to go that long, the young guys, ore the seasoned vets? nice game blazer fan, but please dont get it twisted.

NBA_Starter
04-29-2009, 09:14 PM
All I have to say is for the Rockets sake they better finish us off tomorrow night, I'm pretty sure they don't want to go back to Rip City in a winner take all situation!

blackjack_119
04-29-2009, 11:21 PM
I don't know why you keep mentioning the Lakers...I was talking about the bigger teams in general, but yea I know the Lakers are included.

I thought based on your previous quote you were talking about the Lakers.

The Lakers don't fear the Blazers at all. Look at the freethrow differentials in the Portland home games against the Lakers and I promise you will laugh.