PDA

View Full Version : Verlander Dominant against Yanks.

xjaque360xTiger
04-27-2009, 09:30 PM
How about that performance? He had everything going, everything he was pitching was keeping the Yanks off balance. 9k's is great, outstanding. Nice victory. Too bad he couldn't make it a complete game. BUt Rodney stuck it out for us.

Go Tigers!

levignjw
04-27-2009, 10:10 PM
I wasn't able to watch the game but it's great to see Verlander sit down 9 batters, especially against the Yanks who I hate with a passion. I hope he can keep this up because if he gets back to original form, with the possible returns of Zumaya, Willis, and Bondo, our rotation/bullpen could become very dominant. The only thing that worries me a tad is that two saves in a row where Rodney has allowed an RBI, but I guess the only thing that matters is he got us the save. Great win tonight.

mmp22mmp
04-27-2009, 10:36 PM
This was huge. He hit 99 and was hitting his spots. His curve wasn't even on. I've been saying that this should be a huge for him. Hopefully this is a big confidence booster for him because he really needs it.

Bondomania
04-28-2009, 01:35 PM
his curve wasn't on? were you watching the same game i saw.. all of his pitches were on.. his curve was starting at the letters and dropping past their knees..

MSU Spartans313
04-28-2009, 02:19 PM
This was key for Verlanders confidence. He needed a breakout performance soon. If he can stay solid all year with him jackson and gallaraga at as our top 3 we will be a tough team to beat. Hopefully Edwin Jackson has a similar performance tonight.

MSU Spartans313
04-28-2009, 02:20 PM
I wasn't able to watch the game but it's great to see Verlander sit down 9 batters, especially against the Yanks who I hate with a passion. I hope he can keep this up because if he gets back to original form, with the possible returns of Zumaya, Willis, and Bondo, our rotation/bullpen could become very dominant. The only thing that worries me a tad is that two saves in a row where Rodney has allowed an RBI, but I guess the only thing that matters is he got us the save. Great win tonight.

Zumaya already returned against the royals.

levignjw
04-28-2009, 05:16 PM
Must of missed it since I don't see many of the games being that I go to school in Ohio. How'd he look?