PDA

View Full Version : Teams @ this point that you think will be good next season..

NYstateofMinD
04-27-2009, 11:44 AM
What teams do you think will be dangerous next year?

Teams like the Jazz who haven't been healthy all yaer, the Rockets who might have a healthy T-Mac, the Magic with a healthy Jamer Nelson..

Thoughts?

29$JerZ
04-27-2009, 11:46 AM
Portland will cotinue to get better with Oden done with his Rookie year and experiencing what a NBA season is like.

Orlando will be scary next year dependins on this offseason, Hedo will opt out and whether they will dough him the money has yet to be seen.

Rockets are always a dangerous team, biggest problem has been health and Tracky/Yao
Seems like Brooks is a great PG for them but has room for improvement.

Spurs could be done also by the way, Manu might not be in their plans anymore.

MoBASS
04-27-2009, 12:35 PM
The Rockets are a better team without T-Mac, even when he's healthy.

RodmansBulls
04-27-2009, 12:46 PM
Bulls getting Deng back
Wizards getting agent o back
Rockets T-Mac if he's 100% 20+ point scorer
Manu coming back 100%
Jazz getting healthy

pd7631
04-27-2009, 12:47 PM
Sixers :pray:

KnickaBockas
04-27-2009, 12:47 PM
if boozer doesnt walk, i think the jazz can be reallll good next year...

what54!?
04-27-2009, 12:59 PM
If the jazz learn how to win on the road and keep boozer, they would be contenders. The wizards should be back in the playoffs with agent 0 back.

albertc86
04-27-2009, 01:35 PM
I'll go out on a limb and say the Lakers will be great next year.

Becks2307
04-27-2009, 01:38 PM
as a fan of the NBA i can't wait to see agent 0 back in action...he was pure entertainment and a great player as well

ProdigyI
04-27-2009, 01:39 PM
if the bulls get bosh or amare, the road to the championship will go through chicago

atl_braves_fan
04-27-2009, 01:46 PM
Cavs and Lakers will still be good because they will still have the two best players in the league.

69centers
04-27-2009, 01:47 PM
I say the Bobcats will make the playoffs next season.

Pierzynski4Prez
04-27-2009, 01:54 PM
Teams on rise: Thunder, Blazers, Hawks, wizards

Teams on decline: Spurs, Mavs, Suns, Pistons,

Teams not going anywhere anytime soon: Kings, Bucks, Warriors, Clippers, T-Wolves, Knicks, Pacers, Nets, Raptors,

69centers
04-27-2009, 01:59 PM
Yes, I think the Wizards may end up with the best turnaround and probably make the playoffs next year.

fire2last
04-27-2009, 02:12 PM
Is there such a thing as a "healthy T-Mac"? Washington should be good, but they also should've been good this year. I think OKC will surprise some people.

IndyRealist
04-27-2009, 02:13 PM
Washington: Yes, Arenas will be back, and they'll have a high lottery pick to break in, but the most important aspect may be Flip Saunders. As a coach he really plays to the strength of the team, and is definitely a player's coach. Low to mid playoff seeding.

Utah: I don't think Utah holds it together next year, they're going to have to do something with SG and C, and I can't imagine Kirilenko willing to come off the bench next year if they get bounced this early.

Houston: Unless Aaron Brooks has a breakout year, I think they tread water. Middle of the pack, not good enough to be great, not bad enough to be out.

Orlando: Will be back to form next year. Nelson will be back, and if they're smart they won't resign Hedo unless it's to the MLE or less. Bump Lewis to his natural SF position and pick up a PF either through the draft or free agency. If Hedo comes back, have him play 6th man.

Chicago: Brad Miller and John Salmons were exactly what they needed. Even if Gordon goes, Salmons just steps into his role. If Ben stays, then they have a crazy deep bench.

Charlotte: The Bobcats have seen that they can have success if they listen to Coach Brown. They're a good 6 deep through Augustin, and just need a couple more complementary pieces to make the playoffs for the first time ever.

Miami: They're a one man show, and can only go up once management can add pieces in the offseason. But then again, I'm a big doubter on Beasley, and I don't think he'll be any more productive next year than now. If you like him better, that'll improve their stock.

Indiana: If they would just stop with the drive n' kick offense and pass the ball around, and play a modicum of defense, this would be a playoff team. Not to mention that they'll get back '08's second leading scorer, Mike Dunleavy, to come off the bench next year.

DerekRE_3
04-27-2009, 02:20 PM
I can't wait to see the Bobcats next season.

NYKnickFanatic
04-27-2009, 02:32 PM
Knickssss! :)

superkegger
04-27-2009, 02:46 PM
Portland: Oden should develop more, and should be more comfortable playing, which obviously makes them a better team. You'd also think that Jerryd Bayless should come along and should be able to contribute more at the point. If those two guys can just become solid starters, that team becomes very good.

Washington: They'll get a very solid draft pick, and they get Arenas and Haywood back. Adding what will probably be 3 starters to a team with a new coach who will be able to utilize that offense talent, should spell a vastly improved year for the Wizards.

Charlotte: Out of courtesy to Derek, I'll list them. If they keep this team intact, with a full year together, they should be able to make a push for the playoffs.

Miami: Beasley should start, and if JO even makes half good on his guarantee to be an all star again, they're much better.

Minnesota: I think with Al Jeff back healthy, and whoever they pick up in the draft, they'll have solid team with decent depth that can win in the 33-38 game range. Not a playoff team, but better.

jimbobjarree
04-27-2009, 03:01 PM
Jazz get healthy, make some changes, keep their stars and add some vets like Bobby Jax, Grant Hill maybe or a veteran defensive center and we will improve dramatically next season.

DLeeicious
04-27-2009, 03:13 PM
I would say washington for sure if they are healthy and a potential first draft pick as well.

Hawkeye15
04-27-2009, 03:16 PM
McGrady had microfracture surgery, at like 29. He is out all of next year most likely
Blazers, Lakers, Cavs, Magic, and Jazz look like the top teams. And depending on what is wrong with KG's knee, maybe the Celtics. I would expect Dallas to be good depending on what they do with Kidd's expiring deal.

Joshtd1
04-27-2009, 03:45 PM
I think the Bobcats are going to be solid, and make the playoffs.

I dont think the Spurs will be on the decline that much. When your big 3 all misses games, your record is bound to take a hit..plus Im excited to see what we do next offseason.

Hawkeye15
04-27-2009, 03:46 PM
I think the Bobcats are going to be solid, and make the playoffs.

I dont think the Spurs will be on the decline that much. When your big 3 all misses games, your record is bound to take a hit..plus Im excited to see what we do next offseason.

true, but Duncan may not be healthy going forward again for a full season. ONce a big man hits well over 1000 games, its usually a slow lights out. Unless you are a freak of nature

Chronz
04-27-2009, 03:47 PM
The Rockets are a better team without T-Mac, even when he's healthy.

Then why do they have a better record with him healthy?

abe_froman
04-27-2009, 03:48 PM
What teams do you think will be dangerous next year?

Teams like the Jazz who haven't been healthy all yaer, the Rockets who might have a healthy T-Mac, the Magic with a healthy Jamer Nelson..

Thoughts?

getting t mac back makes the the rockets worse,not better

but it way to hard to tell you mention the jazz,you cant say because principal guys like boozer and milsap are f.a.'s and so might not be there;same with bulls and gordon.really anyone with a pricipal player thats in fa you cant say,because you cant count on them being back.

Chronz
04-27-2009, 03:49 PM
McGrady had microfracture surgery, at like 29. He is out all of next year most likely
Blazers, Lakers, Cavs, Magic, and Jazz look like the top teams. And depending on what is wrong with KG's knee, maybe the Celtics. I would expect Dallas to be good depending on what they do with Kidd's expiring deal.

His MF was the easiest procedure since Stockton's. Small incision on a non-weight bearing part. He was already playing on 1 leg, there is no way he comes back worse.

DerekRE_3
04-27-2009, 03:50 PM

Well right now a 3-1 record in the playoffs is looking pretty good.

sbsportz12
04-27-2009, 03:59 PM
The Chicago Bulls, as long as management resigns Ben Gordon. He is a shot maker!!! Not to mention one of the most underrated players in the league!!

IndyRealist
04-27-2009, 04:00 PM
getting t mac back makes the the rockets worse,not better

but it way to hard to tell you mention the jazz,you cant say because principal guys like boozer and milsap are f.a.'s and so might not be there;same with bulls and gordon.really anyone with a pricipal player thats in fa you cant say,because you cant count on them being back.

Boozer's difficult to tell, since he has a player option on next year, he may just stay because of the economy. But I think they're counting on him leaving, so they can throw his money at Milsap, who's a restricted free agent. No one's going to give him $12M/year, so they can just match the money and retain him.

AWC713
04-27-2009, 04:06 PM
jazz may be better with boozer walking, and thats coming from a rockets fan.

millsaps down right good

Vinny642
04-27-2009, 04:07 PM
Injuries Free agents and Rookie play a big part but i think Jazz will be good.

Whoever has NBA Network with Comcast digital cable....

how much per month is it? or what kind of plans do you get to pick from. because I really don't want to gamecast and watch laggy live stream of the Hornets game today.

Chronz
04-27-2009, 04:08 PM
Yep, it would be a 3-1 lead with a higher PT differential if they had a healthy Tmac.

EX-TREME
04-27-2009, 04:18 PM
if we resign hedo and and everybbody is healty i can see us with a ring next year

Ballah0liC1
04-27-2009, 04:24 PM

its a better team from 1-10, u think about it last yr in the playoffs no yao, in 2007 lets compre rosters, rockets now yao, artest, wafer, brooks, battier, lowry, scolalandry, ok 2007 tmac, yao, battier, luther headless who averaged less than a pt in the playoffs, 37 yr old juwan howard oh and i forgot rafer alston, wait i also forgot chuck hayes who is now like the tenth person to get on the court and in 2007 he started

wadecounty305
04-27-2009, 04:25 PM
wizards, bobcats, nets, OKC

sportscrazy34
04-27-2009, 04:44 PM

mac is like the nba arod. plays great in the regular season and doesn't win **** in the playoffs.

nd4T.O.
04-27-2009, 04:54 PM
I believe Wizards will be back to playing good, much like the Bobcats and the 76ers when they get Elton back

Ballah0liC1
04-27-2009, 05:18 PM
mac is like the nba arod. plays great in the regular season and doesn't win **** in the playoffs.

ok so the third best playoff performer sucks in the playoffs if u dont believe me look the stats up

Chronz
04-27-2009, 05:20 PM

Horrible analogy considering how much Tmac sucks in the regular season compared to his post season play.

Chronz
04-27-2009, 05:20 PM
ok so the third best playoff performer sucks in the playoffs if u dont believe me look the stats up

3rd best? Your high on WEED AND on crack

SaimoNETS
04-27-2009, 07:12 PM
NETS!!!! :pray:

st3voness
04-27-2009, 11:52 PM
Depends what you mean by "good". If you're talking about making the playoffs, then

East: 39 gms to make offs.

West: 50.

braveniler58
04-28-2009, 02:24 AM
The Suns. :smoking:

Zetterberg40
04-28-2009, 02:44 AM
Jazz will have home court next year in the playoffs

Raptors and Wizards will be back in the playoffs.

Also look for Oklahoma to improve again next year

nVicious
04-28-2009, 02:54 AM
PACERS !!! They will make playoff next season.

Pacers is very underarchived team. People here CANT notice it because they just dont have national television game such as on ESPN or tnt.

They are in one of top scoring team in league. only if they improve some defense, then oh yeah!

pmmr2113
04-28-2009, 03:10 AM
i think the bucks will be very good

pg sessions
sg redd
sf jefferson
pf villanueva
c bogut

with a decent pic and luc richard mbah a moute and luke ridnour coming off the bench, this team might make some noise next season

_Supreme_
04-28-2009, 09:23 AM
PACERS !!! They will make playoff next season.

Pacers is very underarchived team. People here CANT notice it because they just dont have national television game such as on ESPN or tnt.

They are in one of top scoring team in league. only if they improve some defense, then oh yeah!

I agree. The Pacers could be one of the teams on their way up next year, similar to what the Hawks have done last year and this year.

king4day
04-28-2009, 09:52 AM
Is there such a thing as a "healthy T-Mac"? Washington should be good, but they also should've been good this year. I think OKC will surprise some people.

No team was hurt more by injuries this year than the Wizards. They didn't have a chance. Now with a top pick (Rubio?), they are going to move up the ranks REALLY quick...

If Phoenix gets back a healthy Amare, deals Shaq for Chandler and maybe Richardson for Kirilenko, then we should be back in the post season.

Bobcats are likely to pursue Mcdyess. If he backs up Diaw, then I expect them in the postseason too.

ESPN insider said Sheed will draw interest from the Spurs. That would really help out Duncan since Wallace can man Center position regardless of who they go against.

Thunder will be better but I still don't see them reaching the playoffs.

The Jazz and Hornets need to make some type of Splash to get back in too.

todu82
04-28-2009, 09:54 AM
I think the Raptors could be good as well next season.

aNYer
04-28-2009, 11:24 AM
i think the bucks will be very good

pg sessions
sg redd
sf jefferson
pf villanueva
c bogut

with a decent pic and luc richard mbah a moute and luke ridnour coming off the bench, this team might make some noise next season

If you keep that line up, you have some restricted FAs that will get some attention this summer. But I like Sessions a lot, and what Mbah a moute brings. Bogut is solid. its a nice core but I can't help but feel you need a real superstar, I just don't see Jefferson as the answer, not that he is bad at all

black1605
04-28-2009, 11:57 AM
No team was hurt more by injuries this year than the Wizards. They didn't have a chance. Now with a top pick (Rubio?), they are going to move up the ranks REALLY quick...

If Phoenix gets back a healthy Amare, deals Shaq for Chandler and maybe Richardson for Kirilenko, then we should be back in the post season.

Bobcats are likely to pursue Mcdyess. If he backs up Diaw, then I expect them in the postseason too.

ESPN insider said Sheed will draw interest from the Spurs. That would really help out Duncan since Wallace can man Center position regardless of who they go against.

Thunder will be better but I still don't see them reaching the playoffs.

The Jazz and Hornets need to make some type of Splash to get back in too.

what do you base this on? just because of Larry Brown?

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
04-28-2009, 03:26 PM
Teams on rise: Thunder, Blazers, Hawks, wizards

Teams on decline: Spurs, Mavs, Suns, Pistons,

Teams not going anywhere anytime soon: Kings, Bucks, Warriors, Clippers, T-Wolves, Knicks, Pacers, Nets, Raptors,

How can u say the nets are going no where?
With Devin Harris Being healthy & getting better hes prbly top 5 pg in the league, and Brook Lopez coming of a terrific Rookie season.. by next year I think He might even Be top 5 center in the game... and Vince Cartre playing his consisten 20 5 and 5 Like always... Along with a great bench with Dooling, CDR, Hayes, Simmons, Ryan Anderson, Boone?...

They have probably 3 players in the top 5-7 at their position in Harris, Carter, and Lopez....

I think they will be a lot better