theDETROITfan
04-26-2009, 12:11 AM
what will the tigers do with their rotation? here is what i think it should be

1. Armando Galarraga
2. Jeremy Bonderman
3. Edwin Jackson
4. Justin Verlander
5. Dontrelle Willis

move porcello to the bullpen as a long relief, send lyon to A ball to learn to pitch again, and call it a day!

what you think? and will d-train and bondo ever be on top again?

grizzly21
04-26-2009, 10:43 AM
forget about willis completely. demote miner and plug in bondo.

MSU Spartans313
04-26-2009, 10:58 AM
forget about willis completely. demote miner and plug in bondo.
ARE YOU HIGH! If willis can come back 100% healthy in his old form you cant say forget about him and lyon sucks way more than miner so he should be traded or sent down.

JMDTM
04-26-2009, 12:39 PM
porcello to long relief. i think not

VenezuelanMet
04-26-2009, 01:25 PM
You guys already took a risk in rushing Porcello no way you're going to waste him in the bullpen.

Hockeytown
04-26-2009, 06:33 PM
This team is invested in Porcello. You don't put him in the bullpen. He's a starter all the way. Unless something crazy happens Willis isn't coming up anytime soon, so Bondo comes back and Minor goes to the pen. The Rincon or someone might go down.

Bondomania
04-26-2009, 10:39 PM
Yeah, Willis has to proove that he belongs in the rotation.. or Porcello is going to have to fall apart... Not sure the second part will come true. And putting him in the BP is a horrible idea. If anything he goes to AA or AAA to join the rotation and continue to stretch out his arm and continue to develop his offspeed stuff. Also, Willis hasn't shown anything to believe he can come back and be 100%. Right now he is a 5th starter that will post an ERA around 5 and i would rather have Porcello up here if that is the case.. Porcello will probably end up with an ERA around 4 if not lower

Bondomania
04-26-2009, 10:40 PM
Oh yeah, Miner goes to the pen full-time, Bondo joins the rotation and either Robertson or Willis get traded or released

michigansports8
04-27-2009, 11:06 PM
I think willis is done with the tigers. Porcello could be a hof not to rush h but it would be nice to give him an early start and jvs start today realy impressed me. Bondo will be k I think. Here's my rotation. 1 verlander 2 gallaraga 3 Jackson 4 bondormen 5 porcello

michigansports8
04-27-2009, 11:07 PM
I wondor how lirianos doing not to get off subject

dddtfan
04-28-2009, 07:51 AM
Miner goes to the Pen for Bonderman, Rincon goes.
Willis goes to the pen, Lyon gets released, or Miner goes to Toledo....Unless either Perry or Porcello fall apart.

DD has stated many, many times that Porcello is a starter and under no circumstance will he be used in the pen.

cantstopthee
04-29-2009, 12:35 PM
theres nothing ever been wrong with bondo

durtee
04-29-2009, 12:40 PM
theres nothing ever been wrong with bondo

Is that really what Stafford's rating will be on Madden? And where in the world did you get that?

drewstantontime
04-29-2009, 02:25 PM
why are we even discussing dontrell willis? His name needs to be out of the conversation. Hes done, hes not going to do anything for this team.

Lionsforlife
04-29-2009, 04:07 PM
Yeah, Willis isn't coming back to the team any time soon, unless he clearly is on top of his game. I think Robertson actually has a better chance moving into the rotation at this point.

Miner is obviously going back to the pen. They already skipped one of his starts when they had the days off so I think he's more of filler in Leyland's mind.

My guess is Rapada goes back down when Bondo comes up. Rapada just came up and Larish went down and I'm guessing he'll be heading back. Then Miner rejoins bullpen for long relief.

I hate to say it, but there is a chance Porcello gets moved back down, but I don't think the time is right for that. He looked good in his last start so I would stick with him. But if they decide that he's the one to go down and get more seasoning, I'm okay with that.

And for the record, I apologize to everyone because I was one of the people who wanted Brandon Lyon on our team. I was wrong and I am sorry. It's all my fault. But...outside of him and last night's fiasco, our bullpen is actually looking better than last year's. Not that that is hard to do.

theDETROITfan
04-29-2009, 05:55 PM
if willis was done as a tiger, our miner league system and coaches would not be busting their ***** to get him back on track. listen to what you are saying, a cy young runner up who hyperextended his knee and started pitching differently, which screwed him up for like 2 starts and got sent down, he is not done in the mlb at all, i bet hes back before the seasons over

michigansports8
04-29-2009, 08:16 PM
detroit fan look willis doesnt sem like the comeback guy to me and with his engsiaty or whatever issue he doesnt seem to be there in the head pitching weise either

drewstantontime
04-30-2009, 04:42 PM
if willis was done as a tiger, our miner league system and coaches would not be busting their ***** to get him back on track. listen to what you are saying, a cy young runner up who hyperextended his knee and started pitching differently, which screwed him up for like 2 starts and got sent down, he is not done in the mlb at all, i bet hes back before the seasons over

im not saying his career is over, but i think his career in detroit is over. They may be busting their butts to get him back to form, but they should be. Thats their job. Doesnt mean hes gonna be back in a tigers uniform in the bigs.

Also Im starting to get a little worried about our starting 5 being all right handers. It seems like people are bringing their lefthanded hitters against us now and the negatives of having 5 righties is starting to show. Maybe im worng but it makes me nervous.

Bondomania
04-30-2009, 11:45 PM
The reason why the minor league coaches are busting their ***** is because we still owe him close to 30 mill. so we are trying to get anything we can out of him. I think Willis needs to proove that he can get outs at the major league level before we bring him into the rotation or do anything drastic.. we will see.. i think he will go for Miner in 2 weeks or so..

Nikolishin
05-06-2009, 02:38 AM
1. Justin Verlander
2. Armando Gallaraga
3. Edwin Jackson
4. Rick Porcello
5. DTrain/Bondo let them battle for it loser gets bullpen/6th option

dddtfan
05-06-2009, 02:15 PM
I'm sorry to sound so arrogant, but DD and Leyland have both stated numerous times that Porcello will ONLY be used as a starter, that means, if Porcello leaves the rotation, it is because he is headed for the minor leagues.

BaldAngryMan
05-06-2009, 06:34 PM
Willis will go down as one of dombroski's worst moves EVER! The only thing that would be a worse move than that would be if some sucker actually trades somebody for him. Personally I would trade him for a decent deep fryer or maybe some new legs for carlos guillen

cantstopthee
05-07-2009, 01:49 AM
Is that really what Stafford's rating will be on Madden? And where in the world did you get that?

yeah it is i have pettigrews too and it also has delmas but just his ovl, google rookie madden ratings 2010

dddtfan
05-07-2009, 11:30 AM
Willis pitched 7 and two thirds last night and gave up 2 earned runs. Freddy Dolsi did pick Dontrelle up a bit by coming in and stranding 2 inherited runners. Pawtucket scored once in the fifth and once in the seventh. Again Dontrelle also had 2 runners on.

So they started to get to him in the 7th inning at something like 118 pitches. That is far from unexcusable and some might say respectable.

That is 2 outings in a row at least where Dontrelle has thrown 2:1 strikes/balls ratio. I'd suspect a move sometime soon, maybe he'll see one more start. Because Bonderman's progress is slow and not likely until June, Dontrelle will join the rotation, Zach Miner moved either to the pen or traded and my guess, Juan Rincon gets sent down.

The only arms I feel somewhat comfortable with in the pen right now are Seay and Zumaya. Putting Miner in the pen would at least add another somewhat trustworthy arm down there.

grizzly21
05-07-2009, 03:15 PM
ARE YOU HIGH! If willis can come back 100% healthy in his old form you cant say forget about him and lyon sucks way more than miner so he should be traded or sent down.

I think you are HIGH! When you have "mental issues" as the reason why you cant throw strikes when you're healthy, just forget about willis. It's a sad day when you read his line with toledo and say, WOW he did really well only 3 walks, plus he hit just ONE batter and gave up FOUR in five innings. GOOD JOB!!!

Cromartie
05-07-2009, 09:50 PM
Leyland said Willis will pitch in Detroit next Wednesday.